View Full Version : Just a mountain

maidenheart
11-06-2004, 05:14 AM
I wanted to let you all know his parole was denied. He was told two more years until they will see him again. Reason for denial is... he is a risk. They commended him on his excellent record while in so I don't understand why a non violent offender is a continued risk...when will that ever change in their eyes? You all know how hard it is so I don't need to explain further. My daughter said mom it's just a mountain. It is just what I needed to hear.... this too I will climb. Thankyou all for walking with me.

haswtch
11-06-2004, 07:58 AM
{{{{{{{{{{{maidenheart}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

jftazzy102
11-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Maidenheart, just know that just because he was denied parole, doesn't mean we stop walking the journey with you. We are right beside you as you now walk up that mountain. We have to remember that everything is in God's hands not ours. I keep telling myself that about herb, we find out in a few weeks if he was approved or not. God will get us through it all. Love Jeanne

Manzanita
11-06-2004, 11:03 AM
damn it! this makes me so frustrated, I know this must be hard on you both right now, I know for us, it hit like a BRICK right in the face.
Reason for denial is... he is a risk. They commended him on his excellent record while in so I don't understand why a non violent offender is a continued risk...when will that ever change in their eyes?
I really don't get this. My husband is being judged still for something he did when he was 16, and protecting himself, and no matter how much he turned his life around and has an excellent record, they still slap him with TWO years, Gosh, I am with you in this right now as are many women in New York who have recently had loved ones
denied, right here on PTO.....

your daughter is right. this is just a mountain and we all have many to climb.
(((((maidenheart))))))

Just to remind you, you are allowed and should be able to be angry and sad and grieve, that is your right I feel -and you should get it all out and then get up -dust yourself off and start again.

maidenheart
11-07-2004, 08:18 AM
(((((((((haswtch)))))))) thankyou and I hope all is calmer for your partner I do remember your post about him being harrassed, it seems like anyone who is in the same situation should understand and not want to make the other persons life more difficult, though that is not reality is it? you both are in my prayers.

Jeanne, I keep repeating that over and over in my mind, that this is God's will and though I don't understand it I know this is what he has chosen, I am not happy, but he knows and understands. I want to offer you the same support you offered me while you wait for your news, my heart prays your news is a blessing for you both.

Mrs G, that brick you mention is exactly what it feels like. I think it is going to take me some time to adjust to this. I have been holding on for so long believing he had such a good chance and now it is over and I know it is going to be another long wait. Maybe I should concentrate on looking at his CR date and forget thinking parole is ever going to be an option. That might be the safest way for me to deal with this emotionally. I feel more numb at the moment, and maybe that is best for now. I know you have had many disappointments and I am so sorry for that. You use your pain to help others and I appreciate that. I am just so sad inside.

chinikfb
11-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Peace.....I was sadden after reading your thread....so familiar for so many of us. Have faith and stay Up. Blessings...

Manzanita
11-07-2004, 04:56 PM
It will take time....and actually ALOT, my husband is still hurt, even after 6 months later...Hang ON!! When you get over the initial pain, focus on what you guys can do right now and that CR date. That is exactly what we are trying to do...and also, KEEP TALKING!!!! ;)

stormierain
11-07-2004, 06:37 PM
i am so sorry to hear this. i do feel you pain. we just hit hit #5last month.
i wonder why is there a parole board? they don't read the files. 10 minutes and boom hit! anyone know how much they get paid?
i'm sick of their words "nature of the crime" now "risk" i havent heard, what kind of risk?
i'm very sory for you
storm

Ronnie
11-07-2004, 06:54 PM
I am so sorry to hear about his denial. The whole parole drama thing just makes me sick to my stomach. I think the board has stopped using the words "nature of the crime" because that actually speaks to their original sentences not the parole issue. But now the words "risk" is a parole issue. If they feel an individual is a risk to society then they can denial parole. It all seems like a bunch of crap to me. We have not been to the board yet and it is still some time away; but I am NOT hopeful at all. Of course I have faith and I pray that God will make a way; BUT...

maidenheart
11-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Chini, the best thing about here is we really feel eachother, I really thank you for your walking with me even in sadness.

Mrs G, thanks for the heads up about it taking that long, if we know then we can cope. I am trying really hard to focus on the moment and just getting through. It feels like being knocked down without warning. I didn't expect this. You are in my prayers, eventually they have to let them go, so we just have to trust that.

stormie, I hated hearing this is # 5 for you. You have strength. I too wonder why even have a parole board. I think it is like throwing dice, it doesn't seem to me there is any rhyme or reason to those who get hit again and those who are released. The risk they said was in that he was a risk for committing another crime if he was released. Well in my opinion what they are saying is that any one who is in prison is a risk when they are released then. In his 3 years of prison he has an excellent record no tickets no writeups, has completed every program and had a home and a job to return to when released so I don't know what more is expected. Isn't that exactly why they have parole so that they can monitor a person who is considered a risk because they have been in prison? What else is the purpose?

Nuro's wife, I can only say hope is important, we have to have hope, what happens to one does not mean it will happen to yours and I pray it doesn't.

I just really want to thank you all for listening to me and sharing this with me.

Manzanita
11-07-2004, 08:28 PM
I am counting on that CR date...16 months till his next and last parole,20 mths till his CR...

rywill
11-08-2004, 03:43 PM
maidenheart, I think you daughter said it all. "It's just a mountain". That made me smile, even in the sadness. I too know the feeling of being rejected a parole release. Feels like a ton of bricks. We make plans and hope for the best. There is so much encouragement in this forum.

I am believing that some mountains need to be climbed and some need to be moved. "... if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

I pray that we all are able to move some mountains!

maidenheart
11-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Mrs G, if he doesn't make parole and has to do 20 months it might seem like a long time but it will fly by with the attitude you have!

Rywill, I love the idea of moving that mountain, so I guess I just have to ask God to help me do just that. Thanks for your support. *S*

jftazzy102
11-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Maidenheart, how are you doing today? I wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your man.....Hey mohammed (however you spell it) moved that mountain....God can do anything....If you ever need to talk you can PM me....Just keep on smiling...I know how much it hurts, and I am sure you are still numb, I would be. I just feel so bad, and I wished there was something that I could do for you...Just know I that I am praying for you.....Keep the faith. God won't let you down. He is always there for you...Jeanne

maidenheart
11-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Hi Jeanne, I decided to move the mountain..... we are checking into work release. It might be a long shot but then again I do have faith and I can't see just doing nothing when maybe there are options. I really think you and everyones support has helped me deal with this. I am doing better, I think it will be awhile before we adjust to this but God must want him there for now so we have to know there is a reason. I am waiting to hear how things have gone for your husband, please keep me posted. I am a PM away anytime you want to talk.