View Full Version : How much are 15 minute phone calls?

DedricksWhtGrl
10-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Hey, can anybody tell me how much a 15 minute call costs from the Jefferson Parish Correctional Facility in Gretna, Louisiana ?

kerrilyn
11-05-2004, 06:59 PM
im not sure. i know phone calls from angola are about $5 ... i THINK they are a little more from JPCF.
ill look into it for you and see what i can find.

Browny
11-11-2004, 09:17 AM
The calls from JPCC are 1.68.

nolady512
05-24-2012, 06:36 PM
im not sure. i know phone calls from angola are about $5 ... i THINK they are a little more from JPCF.
ill look into it for you and see what i can find.

How can I find out how much is a call from morgan city to slidell?

Mrs.Allen20
05-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Everytime my husband calls me from covington jail it charges me 9.99 for 15 minutes >_<

taraadele18
05-28-2012, 07:23 AM
We're at $2.38 a call.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

ChrisPp
05-28-2012, 05:51 PM
From New Orleans to Tallulah, I pay $2.15 for 15 minutes....
the way I have it set up lol

With a number with a 504 area code, it actually costs $5.50 for 15

JennCamp
05-28-2012, 09:15 PM
I moved for my career and my husband and I, are now hours annam states apart; however he goes they this program that made my phone number his area code, so it isn't long distance....now instead of ten dollars a phone calk its .90

JessicaL0421
05-28-2012, 09:58 PM
Chris,

Care to tell me how since we are in the same city? LOL i need that $2.15 in my life.

ChrisPp
05-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Google Voice.

It won't work for you if you have to have an account with Global tho... because of having to provide bills.

20 bucks to have a phone number created and no monthly charge.

I had a phone on my contract with the local number to where she is at, but I canceled it and ported the number over.

look into it.

cik607
06-05-2012, 03:12 PM
$25 because I live 1900 miles away!

ChrisPp
06-06-2012, 06:23 AM
My fiance dad lives in California, her sister is in Washington and her brother, who has her son, lives in Massachusetts.

Her brother was able to get a local number to where she is on his contract since he lives on the east coast, and that was cheaper than her calling their number.

Her dad and sister both got one of those cheap pre-paid phones and that is still cheaper than her calling them on their personal number. They just used the local post office address to get a number in that area code.

And as I said, even tho I live in Louisiana, I set up an account with Google which dropped the amount for me as well.

So for you cik.... if you talk to him enough, or would rather talk to him some more and you don't have to send in billing information to have an account, I suggust you looking into one of these two options =)

spiffy-heart
06-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Oh god! I don't understand this phone crap!!! Can someone explain how the cheap throw phone works! How
Ong can you use it? My hubby says I need a SIM card for it!

I'm sorry! I'm old,
Spiffy heart

ChrisPp
06-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Not just a SIM card.
A whole phone all together.
They work just like a contract phone, except, without a contract. Once you have it set up and have a phone number, you can use them however long you want, as long as you keep minutes on the phone. Different companies work differently so you would have to find out how everything would be set up, but primarily you would be able to get a pre-paid card from a store like Wal-Mart or Target whenever you are low on minutes. Once you are done with the phone, you don't have to do anything to do anything to cancel it.

But like I also said before, If you have to have an account with someone like Global, where you have to mail them your phone bill, this will not work because with a pre-paid phone, you do not receive a bill.