View Full Version : How long before allowed visits at Camp Hill?

lifeonhold
10-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi everyone,

My son just got transferred from county (he was there over a year) to Pittsburgh, he was there for 7 days, and now he was just transferred to Camp Hill. I'm not sure what day exactly but I think on this past Wednesday. Can anyone tell me how soon he will be allowed to have visitors? How will I know when he can have visitors? He was allowed to call on Wed. evening just long enough to tell us that he was there, and that he would be in lockdown for the next 7 days and wouldn't be able to call till after that. Is that normal? Does anyone know how they determine what prision you get sent to?

Thanks all! I can't wait to visit. At county is was all over the phone through glass, once per week for 1/2 hr. I need to give my baby boy a hug! :)

lifeonhold
10-29-2004, 01:52 PM
How long do visits last at Camp Hill? Thanks

lab102
10-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Hi,
I am going to visit my boyfriend at Camp Hill for the first time this Sunday. He arrived there on 9/29 and his visitor's list was just approved this week. They are on some kind of lockdown for the first ten days. He will be able to call again shortly after that and then they are allowed calls every four days. The visits are 2 hours on the weekends and I think 4 or 5 on the weekdays. (no monday visits) Your son will let you know when his list is approved. He will need to know his visitor's name and address as it appears on their driver's license along with their birthdate. I received a letter from Camp Hill and it explains a little about the prison. Otherwise, check the doc's website
www.cor.state.pa.us (http://www.cor.state.pa.us) it will tell you the visiting hours and it will also give you directions. The mail is VERY slow there, you should send him your info for the visitor's list now. If you don't already know his inmate number check the doc's site and you can find it. If you have any other questions - feel free to PM me.

Zewskislady
10-29-2004, 06:00 PM
lab summed it up for you there :) Camp Hill is the processing center, and once everything is in order, yes, he will be the one to let you know. It shouldnt take too long, but some wait is necessary while they get his paperwork and evaluations of where he will be sent done. They classify inmates on a variety of things, basically the charges, the time he has, security levels, and they also consider things such as if he has been in trouble before, if this is a first offense, things of this nature. Typically you wont have a huge wait, but some wait is to be expected. I am sure your anxious to see your son, as I am sure he is anxious to see you as well. Hang in there! Once everything is done and papers are in order, it gets easier. Take care...

lifeonhold
11-01-2004, 10:48 AM
Thanks everyone for the information. I really do appreciate it. This website is great, I am so glad that I found it!

Salliesbaby
11-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Hello life,

My man was in the same boat as your son. They held him in Beaver county for about 2 weeks and sent him to Pittsburgh and he was there for about 7 days then they shipped him to Camp Hill to get classified. It took about a month maybe a little over that for him to get his phone list back and then shortly after that he got his visitors list back.. I never went to visit him at Camp Hill due to the drive and him thinking he would get moved closer to home.. But they ended up transferring him even further from home in Chester near Philly. Yeah things are kind of slow there... He told me that they classify you depending on your charges and the counselor makes the final decision. Just to let you know camp hill isn't the greatest place, but really it isn't the worst place.. So I hope things go well for you and if you have any other questions just ask..... OH and they stay there from 1-3 months and then they go to their home prison. My man was at camp hill for 3 months, but some get classified earlier than that...

Best of Luck:thumbsup: