View Full Version : Healthy Ways diet program

California Sunshine
10-28-2004, 01:35 PM
This is a program I just started again I did it last year and lost about 40 pounds in 6 months.I thought I'd just share with you some of their way of doing things and see if it works for you

Determine how many calories you use each day by multiplying your present weight by 10
Then multiply that number depending on your normal physical activity level
No activity would be x 1.25
Light Activity x 1.35
Moderate x 1.45
Very active x 1.55

Then determine how many calories you need to subtract from what you currently eat to loose weight at this rate per week
1/2 pound - 250 cal per day
1 pound- 500 cal per day
1 1/2 pound - 750 cal per day
2 pounds - 1000 cal per day
Never ever going below 1200 cals per day

According to my current weight and activity level I can still eat about 1550 cals per day and loose 2 pounds per week.

They also say to eat mainly these products and even if that is all you do it will help in the weight loss process: Per each 100 cal in a serving there should be no more then 3 fat grams to make it a lower fat choice so if you are eating something that had 600 cals it should only have 18 fat grams in it.

There is more to it such as a suggested fat gram intake per day for the cals you consume that I will post later (My book is at work)

They suggest keeping a food record of what you eat to help you and also their health plan is a low fat,high carb and fiber plan. Basically following the food pyramid guidelines.I'll give ya the exact #'s once I get my book back.

Midnight63
10-28-2004, 06:57 PM
I will start this on Monday, November 1st!! It sounds like something that I can do. Maybe when you get your book back you can tell me what kinds of foods NOT to eat (I mean other than the obvious!!;) ) I HAVE to lose this 60 lbs and my goal has always been by May of 2005!! DANG!! No more chicken pot pies:( .

I'm with ya' California...let's do this!!:thumbsup:

My caloric intake can be 1375/day for the 2-pound-per-week goal!! Oh geez...30 weeks of this???? Maybe I should excercise!!! Ugh.....I HATE to excercise:blah: . It's just not in my vocabulary....LOL

Cheryl

California Sunshine
10-28-2004, 10:03 PM
Tigger I rarely excercised last time I was on ot and still lost! I will get my book back tomorrow and post more info over the weekend.We can use this same thread to discuss our progress and I'll post all the info I recieve in my classes her for you and everyone to use