View Full Version : Question about Trenton, NJ treatment available

10-27-2004, 10:33 PM
hello,ladies.this is my first time ever writing but this topic especially interests fiancee has been diagnosed with bi polar,sociopath and borderline(drs cant agree)when he was in mounth county they had put him on paxil,im guessing because the judge highly recommened a mental hospital first then when he went to craf they added trisadone now hes currently in trenton state (why i dont know he has a 18 month sentence) and not once has he seen a hes requested to see one,his mother has called as well as I.Is there anything that we can do so he can recieve the help he despertly needs? and hes only 20.I wuld greatly appeciate any information

thanks jen

10-27-2004, 11:06 PM
I was under the impression that with any state or Federal prison system, new inmates are given a diagnostic workup before they are processed into their "home" facility. In Kansas, prisoners are sent to the RDU (Reception and Diagnostics Unit) at El Dorado to assess their physical and mental capacity/stability.

When your fiance was at CRAF, he was evaluated, and those records follow him to the next facility. I would start off with his counselor, and ask what treatment programs are available at Trenton. If you are still not getting the answers you want, I'd take it up with the warden.

Here's a link to the NJ Forum:

Hopefully you can find the info you need to help your fiance....please let me know if you'd like me to help you with phone calls, etc.


10-28-2004, 12:31 PM
thank you for the link i will check into it tonight,after my visit.The problem was that at craf they didnt evaluate jersey prison system is just all screwed as any other state.and thank you for offering to help me if i need it i will surely ask
thanx jen

11-08-2004, 08:42 PM
I am curious, too, as to why your fiance' is at Trenton State if he only has a 18 mo. sentence. Trenton State is considered a super max prison and holds men serving time of at least 10 years duration or longer. Is it possible that he was placed in adm. segregation while at CRAF and is now serving this time at Trenton [if so, he would do his ad seg time at Trenton and then get transfered to another prison once his ad seg time was over]?
NJ State prisons that have separate mental health units are Trenton, Northern State and South Woods. It is not likely that your fiance' would be placed at Trenton just b/c they have a psychiatric unit located there. All the prisons have psych. services available. Assessment, dx. and rx. quality varies from prison to prison. Medications are the primary mode of treatment at all the prisons.