View Full Version : Now this is insane! DOC action

lilivoryangel
10-27-2004, 09:00 PM
My mom told me this recent news about a friend of her's son. He has been serving time for manslaughter. He was DUI, had a wreck and killed someone. He gets out in about a week. He has been at a transitional center and guess where they had him working..........................A BAR! Isn't that crazy. It is as if they were trying to tempt him and screw him up. That is so messed up!

Retired-10
10-27-2004, 09:11 PM
I recently reported one of my defendants for working in a bar and it wasn't even an alcohol related crime. The probation officer was NOT too happy to hear about it.

1dayatatime
10-28-2004, 05:41 AM
Ivory,
There is a work release program here. There were two cases heard in the same day. First a mother under the influence of drugs going over a hundred miles an hour wrecked killed her 7 yr old daughter. She got probation. The very next case was a male DUI wrecked (no prior record) killed his girlfriend. He got one yr at work release. They have not made him get a job. He sleeps all day and "messes around" this from his ex wife who still sees him.

I was like what? When I heard of the sentencing I thought it was messed up -now I know its messed up. I have searched on the DOC website and its unreal. You molest a child you get 2 yrs. You fight with a cop you get 2 yrs (with no weapons) you KILL someone and you get probation or one yr.

ONE

Kebela1
10-28-2004, 11:41 AM
My son was in a car accident and was charge with vehicular homicide. He has a Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. The family of the young man stood up for him in court and voiced that they wanted my son to go to the residential brain injury center that he was supposed to go too when he got out of the hospital after several months in a coma. Instead, the judge sentenced a 18 year old boy with no prior history to 31 YEARS! Yes, he killed someone, but it was an accident. He had no intent to kill his good friend. He was tying to get the friend home because he was so drunk that he was having terrible thoughts about his own life. I am not saying that my son is without fault, but he didn't take a gun and point it at someone to rob and murder them. Sorry, I tend to get stressed when I see that alot of people that have been charged with the same crime as my son gets so little time and they put my brain injured son in for what might as well be the rest of his life.