View Full Version : Can convicted felon on probation visit inmate in prison

coping
10-27-2004, 08:47 PM
My son is charged with conspiracy drug charges, the girl he is engaged to is being charged with misinprisionment of a felony, which is that she knew he was committing a felony and did not report it. She will likely be on probation. Will she be able to visit him in prison if she is charged and covicted? If she has to get approval how long will it take, and what are her chances of getting approved.

cjjack
10-27-2004, 09:31 PM
If she is just his fiance, the chances are VERY slim. But it does not hurt to try. She would need permission from her PO and he would need approval from the prison. But don't count on it. A good friend of mine called me this week, she did time with me in federal prison and her brother is still in federal prison. The prison he is in denied her visitation application and that is his own sister.

Retired-10
10-27-2004, 09:34 PM
I would say she has virtually no chance of visiting. They were convicted of the same crime (different charges but the same crime, if that makes sense). I'd be very surprised if they approved this visit... Let us know!

Retired-17
10-27-2004, 09:35 PM
If she is just his fiance, the chances are VERY slim. But it does not hurt to try. She would need permission from her PO and he would need approval from the prison. But don't count on it. A good friend of mine called me this week, she did time with me in federal prison and her brother is still in federal prison. The prison he is in denied her visitation application and that is his own sister.

That's horrible! I am so sorry to hear that! Even his sister? Grrrr!:angry:

titantoo
10-28-2004, 12:12 AM
Makes me angry!
Why would a human being want to prevent somebody from seeing his sister. What is the constructive side of this inhumanity? If you want to rehabilitate somebody wouldn't you think kindness and humanity would be a good
lubricant for change. Meanwhile brutality, revenge and anger would seem to me to have the opposite effect.

cjjack
10-28-2004, 12:23 AM
It is very, very sad. She has not seen him in years.

debbiehhh
10-28-2004, 12:28 AM
that is so sad. i dont understand why they wouldnt let her visit.

mrsford
10-28-2004, 12:38 AM
Here's a new slant on things. This did not happen in a federal prison, but a state DOC. My husband was sent to the same DOC his brother had spent 3 years in. They both requested a visit before my brother in laws release because of not seeing each other for that many years, and it will be a couple before my husband is home. Believe it or not, but the warden approved the visit between my husband and his brother, and they were able to visit all by themselves for over two hours. The guards said this was the first time anything like that had happened that they knew of. I am just glad for my husband's sake it happened for him and his brother! It was truly a blessing. I believe in miracles. Good luck.

titantoo
10-28-2004, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the posting. Makes me feel better to hear about some of the positive cos and warden's. I never doubted they existed!

coping
10-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Would he be able to call her, and can they write each other? If not, can I send the letter to him for her? and same for him? If he can't call her, could he call me and talk to her on my phone?