10-23-2004, 04:40 AM
8501 Hampton Springs Road
Perry, Florida 32348
(850) 838-4000
FAX: (850) 838-4024
E-Mail: taylorci@mail.dc.state.fl.us

Chaplain's Office
(850) 838-4000

Directions: Hwy-27 to US-98 and turn west for 3 miles to CR-356 and turn left (south) for 6 miles. The facility is on the left.

Historical Information: This facility was established in 1994 and houses adult male inmates. Taylor Annex (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region1/224.html) and Taylor Work Camp are under the supervision of Taylor C.I.

Total Staff (on 7/11): 370 (not including Taylor Annex)

Type of Housing Units:

Open Bay Housing Units 5
Cell Housing Units 3
Room Housing Units 0
Total Capacity 1,301

Other Information:

Population Gender Male
Adult or Youthful Adult
Facility Level 5
Self Contained Housing Units Yes
Designated Confinement Space Yes
Custody Grades Close, Medium, Minimum, Community
Medical Grades 1 through 4
Psychological Grades 1 and 2
Wheelchair Capabilities No
Hearing Impaired Capabilities No

Re-Entry Programs:
•12 Step – Celebrate Recovery Program
•How to Be an Effective Father

Academic Programs:
•Adult Basic Education (Main Unit & Work Camp)
•General Educational Development (GED) (Main Unit & Work Camp)

Vocational Programs:
•Plumbing Technology

Substance Abuse Programs:
•Intensive Outpatient
•Pre-Treatment Motivation Program

Chaplaincy Services:
•Chapel Library Program
•Religious Education
•T.D. Jakes Satellite Location
•Way Home Bridge Builders
•Worship Services

Institutional Betterment Programs:
• 100-hour Transition Program
• Anger Management
• DAD's Family Project
• Fresh Start Smoking Cessation
• Law Library Program
• Library Program
• Music/Band
• Active and Passive Sports
• Veterans in Prison
• Weight Training
• Wellness Education

P.R.I.D.E. Assignments:
• None at this time

Community Work Squads:

Dept. of Transportation 4 Squads
Public Work Squads 3 Squads
Interagency Community
Service Work Squads Yes

Please post any additional information (or anything else that we should know!!):

Visitation Hours
Visiting Rules (not the ones listed in the 33’s, but first hand knowledge rules, things they do and don’t pick at, etc)
Visiting Hints (attire, what time you should get up there, is it crowded first thing in the AM, do you get a number? etc)
Visiting Procedures – Do they use the old system by just taking your ID and giving you a slip, or are they using the computer hand check-in system?
Visiting Room (Does it have indoor and outdoor visiting rooms? Big/Sm?)
Lodging Nearby

MrsMelissaPerry
09-12-2005, 09:28 AM
i recently saw nick this weekend at taylor correctional. i will say most of there CO's are ehhh.. don't get me started. they are so rude; it's unreal. one pissed me off, but i kept my cool. but all in all, i saw him. and it was so nice to be with him. hopefully i can see him often. it's just he's 4 and a 1/2 hours away. i love my baby with all i've got. i'm glad i went and seen him because i fell in love with him all over again!:D :thumbsup: nicholas i love you with all my heart.

eddieswife
09-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Hi Melissa,

That is so nice you got to visit your fiance and realized how much you love him.

I have not got to visit my husband yet. As I told you, he's at Taylor CI too.

I guess this is the place to post about Taylor CI, right?

Angie

Ruthiecraw
12-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi,
Anyone familiar with the Taylor Facilty in Florida. What type of place is it? Tough? Not so Tough?
Can special visitations be given for good cause? How much work is it to have it granted?
Ruth

wifewaiting
07-23-2006, 05:30 AM
It is like most other male prisons - the men fight for respect and do not 'b*tch up.' Conjugal visits are not allowed - nor will it be granted through any special request.

wifewaiting
07-27-2006, 11:04 PM
I wont be talking to my husband on the phone until Saturday but he sent me a letter written last Wednesday (dropped in the mail at 5:30 on the way to breakfast on Thursday morn) telling me that their mail was not going out again until Monday. Does anyone who has a BF/Husband at Taylor CI know why this was?

kalezen
08-14-2006, 08:49 AM
hi hello how are you am fine just seen my man this weekend what a blessing. my man is in taylor ci too and it alw3ays nice when I meet other people who can understand what am going though and meet new friends.

wifewaiting
10-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Kalezan, is your guy planning on putting a slip in for transfer out of there? Mine will be - can't stand it there. Wants to go back south. Taylor is very rigid and uptight. The classification officer's there are little to be desired as well. And now it's sometime in 2012 he is getting out. He won't get enough gaintime to make the 2011 mark as I once had hoped for. :(

butterfly25143
11-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Hey! My boyfriend just got sent to Taylor CI. Does anyone know anything about this place? What can I expect?? Please help, I'm clueless!:confused:

butterfly25143
11-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Does anyone know about thing about Taylor? Help, I'm clueless! :confused:

eddieswife
12-07-2006, 04:33 PM
My guy is at Taylor. He pretty much tries to get along with everyone and mind his business. He hasn't said anything out of the ordinary about the place.

Angie

eddieswife
12-07-2006, 04:36 PM
My guy is at Taylor. He has not said anything out of the ordinary about the place. I don't know anything about Special Visits. You can talk to your guy's classification officer about that.

Angie

LindaFL
04-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Does anyone know the full name of the Warden at Taylor?

InstantK8
09-06-2007, 07:30 PM
As of 21AUG07: Duffie Harrison, according to a link I found. Best to call directly, though, I bet; I hear that wardens are shuffled around quite often.

Best regards,

KD

rickysgirl2013
10-01-2007, 10:02 PM
well hun I know a little about it. My man has been there for 3 months but he has been down for 9 years. I have been to viso 4 times and each time it was different. My baby told me that this prison is not diiferent from many other one he has been at. My man only has to do a year clean up there and then he gets to come back down this way. He told me that up there the officers are dicks. They treat the guys like shit. He can't stand it there. So from what I have been hearing from him and from what I have seen at viso it is a suckie ass prison. I really hate him being up there. The one thing that I hate the most is the way that the officers look at us because of our race difference. That is one of the main reasons I hate that prison.

str8
10-03-2007, 11:36 AM
mines at the annex, thats where they had a gaurd come to work and put on a k.k.k. mask, it's a real country area.. i will say this, the c.o.'s at visitation @ the annex have been cool... no issues, and as for race, i havent seen issues at visitation.. and believe me i'm always aware of that... i even told my honey, DAYUM, WE'RE LIKE THE ONLY I/R COUPLE HERE... now, here at home, it's all over the place.. but up there.... nope..

Deuce4ever
02-25-2008, 09:07 PM
can anyone tell me about taylor correctional inst.
I herd my boy friend is there now and im not sure he hasnt been able to call in 3 weeks.
If anyone knows how there rules are and stuff please write
thanks

mouseinfl
02-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Mine Is There Too But We Dont Have Calls , We Only Write :( BUT FROM WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD ITS NOT TOO BAD , GIVE IT ALITTLE TIME FOR HIS CALLS LIST TO GET PROCESSED AND HE'LL CALL , HANG IN THERE :)

Deuce4ever
03-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Well my boy friend wrote not sure why his phone list wasnt approved from lake Butler yet.Now get this.He said he got a Dr from Taylor on a tattoo he has had for years.And the shook him down when he camein.STRANGe.
How the hell can you get a DR from a Tattoo you had before u came to prison?
He has only been at Taylor 4 days.
This is not right at all

Don Quixote
03-08-2008, 10:36 AM
He may not be telling you the full story, but if he is, send a notarized affidavit to the prison saying that you saw the tatoo before he went in (assuming that is true --- if he has a PO or a pastor who saw it (or maybe a jail booking sheet that noted it) then they would be better ones to send the info.)

Deuce4ever
03-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Don
Its all been taking care of They called it a Gang related tattoo.Even know it is not what it is.
He did have it before he went there.No need to stir up anymore stink
lol
But Thanks

Jairos Babygirl
03-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Taylor is really good at making up stories. You are right to not want to stir things up because they will make his life a living....nightmare...I never saw a grown man be so scared of CO's as I did out there. Sometimes rednecks are just "Good 'Ol Boys" Looking to have some fun and take their power straight to their heads!

Jairos Babygirl
03-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Taylor is VERY country and yes, very racist. I bet I know who the CO was that did that with the KKK mask! It's a hard camp, all of them are but then again, I have heard straight from the inmates there that it's not as bad as some around the state. I hope your men get along ok though. Just tell them to stay clear as much as they can and listen to the other guys there about which ones are cooler to deal with.

sweetanne
03-21-2008, 03:24 PM
My husband was in both Taylor Main and Taylor Work Camp. Its a rough place to be in. The guards do make up tales and write you up for anything and everything.My husband recently got moved to Union CI. I have not yet heard from him. Can anyone tell me alittle about this place?? Anne

Lainee
06-11-2008, 02:38 PM

My fiance is at Taylor C.I this past weekend I drove 800 miles to visit him 1,600 round trip. This was the first time I have ever visited anyone in prison or jail, I was nervous and didn't know what to expect but the visit went real well and we didn't have any problems. I have heard the horror stories about peoples visits but who knows what is to come on the next visit. My fiance said that Taylor is a bad prison and really want to get moved. The town of Perry is very country and seem to be a bit racist.
Lainee:cool:

Banshee13
08-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Taylor is at the bottom of the FDoC facilities along with several other correctional institutions in Region 2.

My husband has been at the Taylor Main Unit, the Taylor Annex and the Taylor Workcamp.

ALthough there are a few 'good' (read 'treat us like humans') guards, most of them use the 'Provoke to Restrain' method of inmate discipline. DRs are given out arbitrarily, guards will with no provocation knock the hell out of an inmate or worse shackle them and beat them senseless. The inmate will not be taken to medical, in many cases, till the injuries heal. I know of an inmate that was beaten into a coma and left in solitary confinement. On 7 Aug 08 (Thurs) there was a life-flight out of Taylor where the guards had beaten the man for having sex with a kitchen worker.

Please read my Intro. Let's talk if you are interested in making a difference at Taylor and in Region 2.

Banshee13

MarksLove
02-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Ok I just found out my Fiancee is going to Taylor! :( So far away! Anyone have some pointers, advice, or anything good about visitation there? PLEASE!!

21months
02-19-2009, 10:31 AM
I can't say anything especially "good" about the visits there. I've heard they can be worse and I'm sure some places are much better. I haven't had any real bad experiences. Just do as your told and don't start any trouble and you should be fine. Also, let your man know that the guards there don't like "trouble makers" in any way, shpae, or form. If he gets known as one, they will always find a reason to get him in trouble and it will only make his stay that much harder. A lot of shady stuff goes on there. Luckily some CO's just recently got into trouble for beating on inmates and they supposedly are really cracking down. Good luck to you both! Keep your head up!

jenntrav
02-19-2009, 02:10 PM
I would say just watch yourself and do as you are told. That place is corrupt and the guards there are horrible. They did just arrest a couple of guards there so hopefully they wont stop there.
Just be sure to walk a straight line, and you will be fine....Hopefully he wont be there too long.

MarksLove
02-19-2009, 05:09 PM
:( I was told some pretty aweful things about there. Well I guess we have no choice, so pray for the best! Thanks for giving me your advice.

MarksLove
03-03-2009, 04:53 PM
My fiancee just got transfered there. And he said it is the worst place he has ever been. He has been in prison for 15 years. He said the beating are still going on. They treat the inmates worse than dirt, they are not allowed to talk, they only have the phones on for 3 1/2 hrs a day and so much more. I am freaked out. He has told me horrible, horrible things. I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!:(

ben's girl
03-03-2009, 05:19 PM
I've read many things about Taylor and one of them was to def keep to yourself. I'm sure your bf knows that by now since he's not new to this environment. I hope he stays safe and can possibly put in for a transfer soon. (((hugs)))

KaydensMommy756
03-03-2009, 11:05 PM
i know how it is, im soooo glad my fiance's one year is coming up soon, hes at taylor work camp and luckily he hasnt had any DR's yet

21months
03-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Yeah, my man's at the annex and it is ruff, but it's easy to stay out of trouble too. Just don't back talk AT ALL and be very resepectful. I thank God my man has been there for almost a year and is still doing pretty good. I don't know about that phone thing. At the annex they are on from 5 to 10 and 9am to 10pm on the weekends.

woogawoo
03-12-2009, 10:26 AM
My hubby's been at Taylor for almost a year now. He says it's not that bad as long as you keep to yourself. He tells me a lot of the bad stuff happens in the chow hall and outside during rec. Also my hubby tries not to draw the guards attention to himself. He'll just have to watch who he hangs with and things of that nature but since he's been down 15 years I'm sure he knows that. Good luck PM me if you need ANYTHING..:thumbsup:

woogawoo
03-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Is he at the C.I, Annex, or Work Camp? I don't know about visits at the Annex or Work Camp but at C.I. they're not that bad. A couple of months ago they switched the sarge that is in charge of viso. He's accually pretty decent (as long as you are following the rules). One thing I do know is watch how tight your clothes are. He's very particular about that NO SPANDEX including strechy jeans. I go every other weekend to visit and I have yet to come into any problems. Any other ?'s please do not hesitate to PM me with anything that you need to know. Good luck Wooga

kadiekeen
04-12-2009, 09:28 PM
hey where are you at? i have someone at taylor... i live in highlands county....

timsbabygirl
12-07-2009, 02:38 PM
My husband was just transfered to Taylor and he will be in confinement for a couple more weeks (he was in confinement when transfered), so I won't get to talk to him until right before Christmas, so I am trying to find out what kind of place he has been sent to. I am looking for real answers, not just answers from people who stay in trouble, ( no offense, my husband was once that type ). He stays to himself and does not try to make a lot of friends, he is not there to make friends, he is there to do his time and come home. He does love his sports, do they have sports leagues there? I just really want to know he is in a place where he will not have to sleep with one eye open, I mean he can hold his own and take care of himself when he has to but I worry A LOT! Can anyone tell me anything about this place? Thanks for reading my post!

timsbabygirl
12-08-2009, 10:09 AM
My husband was just transfered to Taylor and he will be in confinement for a couple more weeks (he was in confinement when transfered), so I won't get to talk to him until right before Christmas, so I am trying to find out what kind of place he has been sent to. I am looking for real answers, not just answers from people who stay in trouble, ( no offense, my husband was once that type ). He stays to himself and does not try to make a lot of friends, he is not there to make friends, he is there to do his time and come home. He does love his sports, do they have sports leagues there? I just really want to know he is in a place where he will not have to sleep with one eye open, I mean he can hold his own and take care of himself when he has to but I worry A LOT! Can anyone tell me anything about this place? Thanks for reading my post!

He is at the Annex, not the main unit. I would appreciate any info that anyone can give me.

kentre4life
12-20-2009, 08:55 PM
my other half is in Taylor. He has been there since Feb 09. For the mast part the camp is pretty laid back, but well run. They run a tight ship at Taylor and as long as you keep to youself you stay out of trouble. See my Ken is in the open bay dorms so they are all in one big open area. Where he is sent depends on how things will flow for him. I can tell you this i have been to visistation 3 times this year since i live in south florida.The camp is clean, well maintained and everyone at visitation is respectful. Now that does not mean it isnt without it share of problems. Yes that are fights and shutdowns that take place, but those are rare and this camp seems to gave a good grasp on the population and their cycles of behavior

Relda Copning
12-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Anyone know how the Work Camp is? My son was sent there last week.

Lugosgirl
12-21-2009, 01:06 PM
I posted basically the same thing in another thread. I am new to the site, so still figuring it out. My man has been at Taylor for over 3 years (One MORE!!!:)) He was in the annex most of that, he is in close custody. The housing over there (in L Dorm anyway) is closed 2 man cells. He told me that there are hardly ever any COs in there, even though its close custody. He was recently assaulted coming back from chow. He was in lock down pending investigation. There was a room mate in lock down with him. I have learned to deal with the people there, they all know me. I had to go over the head of the classification officer as she kept telling me that she couldnt tell me anything. I found ways around it and now I deal directly with the administration and have had them do some pretty impressive things, including delivering messages to my man. I had him sign a medical release so that I could call and get his information. We are in the process of having him sign a POA so that I can access all of his information and act as an advocate. He is hispanic, and the facility is a bit in the woods, the locals work there and of course there are guards who arent real nice. I have had him moved over to the main unit, similar housing set up, except the COs look into the dorm constantly. He doesnt like it but it makes me feel safer. He says the COs on the Main are a lot nicer than the annex COs "more respectful". I have been there for viso 5 times (I live in Va) and they are always very nice and respectful to me. They are strict in Viso though, we do get to hold hands. The prison is racially divided, for the most part people stick to their own. He tries to mind his own business, but mostly gets into it defending younger, new guys. He was in the carpentry class but since moved will be entering the plumbing class. FYI completeing any course qualifies you to get another 60 days off your sentence. I found that researching the statutes. I have all kinds of info if any one wants it. I also have contact info and lots of research I have done. it is my experience that the more involved i am the better it is for him. I wondered about me getting into it, if it would make it harder for him. Believe it or not, the officials at that camp are interested in "Customer Service" so get involved. I know the chaplin, the classification supervisor and I have even been in touch with the regional assistant warden (Ms Davis) who is very nice and eager to help. Over all, as far as a prison goes, its not too bad. Obviously not 100% safe, but now that I am familiar with it, I prefer he just stays there.

Good Luck

EnvyOf212
02-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Hey everyone....just found out today that my husband is being sent into Region II. Can anyone please tell me how the visits are? Really dreading this move!:(

Relda Copning
02-25-2010, 02:30 PM
What prison is he going to?

EnvyOf212
02-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Back to Taylor C.I. I just want to know what it is like now, he left about 6 years ago.

mikeswifey730
04-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Ok well my husband is @ taylor ci right now. Haven't heard ne thing bad but then again he doesn't tell me if ne thing bad happens ne way. Seems pretty laid back there to me. Pm me for ne specifics envy if u still need info :)

EnvyOf212
05-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Ok well my husband is @ taylor ci right now. Haven't heard ne thing bad but then again he doesn't tell me if ne thing bad happens ne way. Seems pretty laid back there to me. Pm me for ne specifics envy if u still need info :)

I don't hear much either from my husband, but he has never really told me horror stories from any place he has been. He only tells me minor things so not to worry me so much. I sent you a message btw.

mrs.one
05-05-2010, 09:31 PM
it's pure hell.... when mine was there in 07 thru early 09, i kept the i.g. and tallahassee on speed dial.. officers made him and others buy them sodas and snacks or risk being put in the box... there were several stabbings the first week he was there, and then there was the whole officer wearing the KKK mask incident..
which btw, they were not happy that the incident made it to the internet..

mikeloury25
05-09-2010, 10:12 PM
kkk mask? if this were true and it got on the internet it would have hit the news everywhere in the country. I think this could be fabricated.

buying sodas and snacks for staff? this could lead to being fired for establishing a relationship with staff. this may happen but i doubt it happens on a wide scale as officers are losing there jobs everyday for instances of this nature.

taylor is not a bad camp of your loved ones follows all the rules. they will become invisible and will have an easy time. the horror stories are more than likely because the inmate does not follow the rules in the handbook they receive at orientation.

Relda Copning
05-15-2010, 08:57 PM
My son is at the work camp there. My first visit they put us all in lockdown because of a stabbing at the main ci. There are officers there that have the "good ole boy" attitude and if they don't like you, for any reason, they will write dr's just because they can. Some are decent but it's the bad ones who are always out in front. It is a hell hole. There is a lot of theft there and no one does anything about it. The food is nasty and they get 10-15 minutes to eat it, if they can get it down. Visitation isn't bad at the work camp but I've heard the annex and the main unit is bad. I don't know about the other units. My son has only been at the work camp and it's a terrible place to be.

JudyA68
08-07-2010, 06:06 AM
My husband has been at Taylor for 2 mths. He is a severe diabetic and they don't give him a proper diabetic diet. The medical attention he does not receive makes me fear for his life. He sugar is up and down they pump him full of insulin at 4:30am and doesnt let him test his blood sugar for over 12hrs. Due to the heat his sugar has drastically fallen to where he passes out and has to have sugar tablets and then they pump him back up with insulin. He won't tell us much because he says they give out dr's constantly and for stupid reasons. He also said that we are not to contact anyone there because if we do they give him a dr. My monster-in-law is visiting for the first time this weekend and wouldnt take me to see him. We live 6hrs away and I dont drive so I have no way to visit. I havent spoken to him in over 6days and he usually calls every other day. I am extremely worried. I honestly don't know how I am going to survive this. I am all alone. My parents are gone and my in laws wont even take me to the grocery store. I have no friendsl. The only friend I had was my husband.

ELBOWKNEE
08-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Well,first I would like to say Hi and Welcome...my husband is in Taylor and he also has health problems and he told me that they will give them DR's if you call up there,he passed out twice and his sister called and they told him the next time someone calls they sending him to the box....they are very nasty, and the doctor they send them to is in Lake Butler,my advice to u is to have him send u a medical release so a least they will talk to u about his medical treatment!! My husband gets out in 2 1/2 months so I just pray for him to make it home safe,since he only had to do 7 months we just stay prayed up,I wish u luck!!!!

JudyA68
08-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Yes my husband says the same thing about the DR's. He is afraid to say anything because of the retaliation they give him. My MIL visited yesterday and he was afraid to hug and kiss her for fear he would get into trouble. The place is horrible. They are still human beings and not everyone has comitted a terrible crime.

ShawnsWife1234
10-24-2010, 10:33 PM
Hello PTO I am currently tryin to find someone to carpool with to from the tampa bay area. I have not seen my fiancee is a few months n im going insane lol I will help with expenses

JudyA68
10-25-2010, 03:26 AM
I totally know how you feel. My hubby is at Taylor and this upcoming weekend will be my first visit since he's been in (6mths). Probably my last because immediatley following Sunday's visit I am heading for Orlando airport to go live with my daughter in NC. I wish I could help with transportation for you but I live on the east coast and it was like moving mountains to get my MIL to take me with her for the viso. I think she only did so that she makes sure I get on the plane to move away. (Can you tell she doesn't like me very much lol) I really hope you find someone to help you out!!!!

ShawnsWife1234
10-25-2010, 08:05 PM
I completely understand :) I do hope your viso goes well. Tayor viso guards can be difficult at times but as long as you law low n dont bring attention to u both you'll be okay. If you have any questions about how things may go, the best time to be there, ect pls feel free to ask

JudyA68
10-31-2010, 05:23 AM
Had my first viso yesterday and it was wondeful. I hadn't seen my husband in 6mths. I am anxious to go again this morning. The guards that were their yesterday was fine. They didn't say a harsh word to anyone that I saw. Thanks for the reply. Have a great day.

TxTornado
01-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Hello, I am planning a visit for the first time to see my guy...he is at RMC right now and believes he will be transferred to Taylor CI -we are hoping by tomorrow he will land at his new place. Does anyone know anything about Taylor CI? I am booking my flight for 2 weeks out...I am scared because I have never visited any prison in Fla and I am not sure what to expect. I am so nervous...this guy was my first love and we reconnected about 6 months ago and it has been amazing, but I have not seen him in 27yrs! How do they bring them out to greet you? How closely are the initial/good bye hugs and kisses monitored. I mean are the CO's right there in your face? I am just so nervous and I have no idea what to expect. I have read all the visitation rules, but I need first hand advice and information from those who have been through this! I have never visited a significant other in prison. Only my brother in Tx and I did not need to worry about all this. Any advice or help will be appreciated. Thanks everyone! :eek:

JudyA68
01-12-2011, 02:19 PM
My husband is at Taylor CI. There are 3 different camps you have the main unit Taylor CI, they have Taylor Annex, and Taylor work camp. I would suggest that you get there early. Your first visit you will have to do some paperwork and they will give you a pin number that you will need each time you visit. They will pat you down when you go in but its no big deal. Just make sure you bring your money in a clear bag. I've seen people with a clear make up like pouch but Ijust used a ziplock bag. You have nothing to be nervous about just enjoy your time with him. The co's were fine they just sit at a table and they leave you alone unless you are doing something wrong. I didn't even pay attention to them I hugged and kissed my husband for a decent amount of time. They have a nice outdoor area to smoke. That's where we like to sit. My husband is in a dorm with 70 men. I wish I could say decent things about Taylor but from what I hear it is one of the worst in the state. Perry is a very small town. If you blink you are going to miss it. It is loaded with hotels. The one we stayed at was pretty cheap but I'm sorry I don't remember the name of it. But it had a subway next door to it. The prison is about 10 miles from where the motels are. Have a safe trip and don't be nervous. Just enjoy your visit!!

TxTornado
01-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks so much for all the info! I am driving in from Tx and I am actually going to enjoy this upcoming 3 day weekend! He did land in Taylor Main and I was wondering about how the visits were...especially our first hug and kiss - so thanks for the 411!:D I am so excited and due to the transfer he does not know I am coming so he is going to be surprised! I plan on enjoying every minute of the 18 hours I will get to spend with him this weekend! :p He said that he has heard things have calmed down at Taylor and not as bad as it once was...only time will tell! I hope and pray that is the case! I did get a local hotel...not sure what it is gonna be like! I have faith it will be fine...I will try and look for the one you are talking about while I am there! Thank you again!

JudyA68
01-13-2011, 03:41 AM
I hope you have a wonderful visit!!!!!! Drive carefully. By the way...how did you get approved for visitation so quickly? Where you already approved thru RMC? It took me and my mother in law about 2weeks to get approved once he finally got to Taylor.

TxTornado
01-13-2011, 04:22 AM
I hope you have a wonderful visit!!!!!! Drive carefully. By the way...how did you get approved for visitation so quickly? Where you already approved thru RMC? It took me and my mother in law about 2weeks to get approved once he finally got to Taylor.

Thank you! I definitely plan on being super careful! This is my first road trip alone for this long of a distance! :eek: As for visits, I was actually approved back in October when he was at Columbia CI, but it only took about 10 days total for the approval. He was not new to the system so RMC was only a stop over for him! I am super excited and can not wait for Saturday!!!! Thanks so much! :p

JudyA68
01-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Be sure to let me know how it went!! I am very happy for you.

JudyA68
01-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Just curious who has loved ones at Taylor. Just wanted to make some new friends. I never see too much about taylor. Just want to see what others feel about it.

ShawnsWife1234
01-21-2011, 10:04 PM
My fiancee has been at Taylor's main unit since December of 09 and to be honest it sucks like all the other prisons in florida. Yes it is alil rougher than some other camps becus the guards like to find dumbshit to bitch about like their clothes being pressed now and extra clothing in their rooms ect. We are currently in the process of marrying at that institution and all has gone well so far. Their visos are not as strick as some other places I have been in Florida so i can not real complain too much on that tip as well. My fiancee has learned as long as he lays low and below the radar things have gone smoothly so far. Well we have had a DR written for no reason and 42 days in the box during summer but I know at this moment all is quiet. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

TxTornado
02-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Just curious who has loved ones at Taylor. Just wanted to make some new friends. I never see too much about taylor. Just want to see what others feel about it.
My guy just landed in Taylor a little over a month ago. He says they are strict and will do write ups for petty things. But like Shawnswife1234 he says if you lay low and fly under the radar it is okay. I have only been to one 3 day visitation and they were not as strict as other places I have read about and we really enjoyed our time together. Maybe we will get a chance to meet at visitation sometime! :D

JudyA68
02-28-2011, 09:11 PM
That would be reallly nice to meet at viso, however, since I live out of state it is next to impossible for me to visit. I really need to see him. I have only seen him 1 time since he's been there and he has been there almost a year. Saturday will make 23yrs that we have been together. It is so hard being with someone that long and then only seeing 1 time in a year. I wish I could just win enough money on the lottery for a visit lol.

TxTornado
03-10-2011, 07:43 PM
That would be reallly nice to meet at viso, however, since I live out of state it is next to impossible for me to visit. I really need to see him. I have only seen him 1 time since he's been there and he has been there almost a year. Saturday will make 23yrs that we have been together. It is so hard being with someone that long and then only seeing 1 time in a year. I wish I could just win enough money on the lottery for a visit lol.
I also live out of state in Texas. It is very hard but I am blessed! We have friends and they will take the trips and we split the cost...doesn't give us a whole lot of alone time but it is still worth it! Besides that I will do what I have to do! If you live in Texas we should carpool! lol! I have been playing the lotto as well...he says 1/2 million in escrow and a Miami lawyer would be his ticket home...that would be top priority if I won! lol! Anyway, you can PM me anytime you want to chat! Take Care and Good luck!

VivianR
03-11-2011, 06:21 PM
My son has been in Taylor for a couple of months...I live in North Georgia and have visited him once. Hope to go back in either April or May...what a terrible time for the gas prices to go up huh? My visit at Taylor went smoother than I thought it would. It was so wonderful to see his smiling face...our new motto is "It's Going to Be Greater Later" Anyone want to chat let me know. God Bless you and your Loved One!

TxTornado
03-13-2011, 08:06 PM
My son has been in Taylor for a couple of months...I live in North Georgia and have visited him once. Hope to go back in either April or May...what a terrible time for the gas prices to go up huh? My visit at Taylor went smoother than I thought it would. It was so wonderful to see his smiling face...our new motto is "It's Going to Be Greater Later" Anyone want to chat let me know. God Bless you and your Loved One!

I love the quote! ...Yes, the gas prices are getting pretty scary and I hope that they do not get much more out of control or that is seriously going to limit my visits with my guy! I am getting ready to have to call Tally as the dorm my guy is in at Taylor has not had hot water for the last two weeks except for one day. Also, they have started rationing toilet paper - one roll every 10 days. Has your son mentioned anything like this to you? I am going to make some calls tomorrow if I can figure out who I need to talk to. I have started a thread with the hope of getting some information. If you know of anything please let me know. Thanks so much and God Bless you and yours!:o

VivianR
03-19-2011, 09:08 PM
I love the quote! ...Yes, the gas prices are getting pretty scary and I hope that they do not get much more out of control or that is seriously going to limit my visits with my guy! I am getting ready to have to call Tally as the dorm my guy is in at Taylor has not had hot water for the last two weeks except for one day. Also, they have started rationing toilet paper - one roll every 10 days. Has your son mentioned anything like this to you? I am going to make some calls tomorrow if I can figure out who I need to talk to. I have started a thread with the hope of getting some information. If you know of anything please let me know. Thanks so much and God Bless you and yours!:o

One roll every 10 days is what my son said too. Think we could write our letters on toilet paper and send to them? :D Thank goodness the phone calls don't cost as much as they did in Duval co. jail...they were around $17.00 for 15 min. Now they are a little less than $2.00 for 15 min. Do you drive or fly to FL to see your man? Prayers go out to all of you and your loved one..."It's Going to be Greater Later"!! :thumbsup:

TxTornado
03-27-2011, 02:40 PM
One roll every 10 days is what my son said too. Think we could write our letters on toilet paper and send to them? :D Thank goodness the phone calls don't cost as much as they did in Duval co. jail...they were around $17.00 for 15 min. Now they are a little less than $2.00 for 15 min. Do you drive or fly to FL to see your man? Prayers go out to all of you and your loved one..."It's Going to be Greater Later"!! :thumbsup:
Sorry I have been out of touch on here for a bit...I do drive as it would cost more to fly then rent a car, etc...Still the cost is a bit much. I am with you on sending the letters on TP, I had actually thought of that myself. I am grateful for the low cost for the phone calls myself!:thumbsup: have a great day and be blessed!

EnvyOf212
03-29-2011, 09:03 AM
I drive twice a month to see him on most months. He is currently at the Annex, but back in 2003 was at the Main unit. Visits are fine, never had a C.O. say a word to us. Then again we don't give them a reason too. His last prison Glades C.I. was a nightmare. They harassed the families of the inmates on a consistent basis. My fiance and I have been approved to be married at Taylor Annex and it was really a very simple and unnerve wrecking experience. The only thing is that they will not allow us to be married in the chapel. :( Has anyone else been married there before?

ShawnsWife1234
04-03-2011, 11:15 PM
I am currently going through the process and should be married at the Main Unit by May-June at the latest :) I wish I could go up on a regular basis but with no vehicle Im unable to :(

sexymrshaw37
04-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Hey everyone!! My fiance just told me this evening that he is transferring to either Taylor CI or the Annex sometime this week...hey TXTornado, I live in TX also!! Which part do you live in?

Jenrietta
04-14-2011, 08:42 PM
I was at the Annex last weekend. I don't think it's terrible, but I really have nothing to compare it too.

sexymrshaw37
04-15-2011, 10:48 AM
My fiance was told that he is being transferred to Taylor. I've never visited anyone who was incarcerated. Can anyone tell me what it's like once you get there? What do you have to do? How long do you usually have to wait to get in? Do the inmates come in first or the visitors? Anyone who may have loved ones at Taylor or anywhere else are welcomed to comment!

wifeofMichael
04-15-2011, 06:42 PM
It's not horrible, but it is different. Dress conservatively. Use either a ziplock bag or a clear purse to put in your car key (only the key to the car and no electronic keys), money (up to $50 in ones, fives and change), cigarettes (one pack unopened), clear lighter and ID. Or you can just use your pockets. The first time is the longest as they give you your yellow card and take your picture. OH! Write down your make/model and color and license plate number to bring in. I put it on the back of my yellow card once I got home after that first visit. They will search you. You'll take off your shoes and they'll check the bottom of your feet and pat you down, make you shake out your bra. Once inside you will either be assigned a table or just got to one depending on the facility. He will have to sit on the opposite side of the table, some places want them to face the guard table. You can hug and kiss him (no lingering) when he comes in and when you leave. You can hold hands but keep them above the table. Keep your feet to yourself. Some of the guards are picky, no rubbing shoulders, no touching his face or brushing lint off him. Stupid, but just better to be safe than sorry. The first time is the best and the hardest. I cried most of the way home.

sexymrshaw37
04-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Hey!! Thanks for that input!! They really make you shake out your bra??!! Lol..Awkward...

wifeofMichael
04-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Yup they really do.

HisPlatinum
04-15-2011, 07:35 PM
My fiance was told that he is being transferred to Taylor. I've never visited anyone who was incarcerated. Can anyone tell me what it's like once you get there? What do you have to do? How long do you usually have to wait to get in? Do the inmates come in first or the visitors? Anyone who may have loved ones at Taylor or anywhere else are welcomed to comment!

how long did your man stay at NWFLRC? do u know when he leaves?

sexymrshaw37
04-15-2011, 10:44 PM
He just got there yesterday....he just traansferred from Quincy....he said tht they tld him tht he wld be goin 2 Taylor next week...

Illuminati
04-15-2011, 11:02 PM
surprised they told him.

wifeofMichael
04-17-2011, 10:26 AM
shoo, the guards let the cat outta the bag when transferring my hubby to work release. We had put in for Pcola but had to put down Panama City as a second choice. The guards transporting him said he would be going to Pensacola. Made my hubby's day and later that evening when he called from reception, mine :)

NAN425
04-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Hey!! Thanks for that input!! They really make you shake out your bra??!! Lol..Awkward...

It's all in your attitude. They are used to it, they do the drill dozens of times per day. (and it will always be a female doing your screening). It's no big deal to them. I've actually had a good laugh with a couple of the guards when I've had to pause the pat down to get tucked back in after that shake out because, as I've told them "it takes a lot of engineering to get these things back up where they used to be" (I turn 40 next month) :D

sexymrshaw37
04-17-2011, 08:23 PM
It's all in your attitude. They are used to it, they do the drill dozens of times per day. (and it will always be a female doing your screening). It's no big deal to them. I've actually had a good laugh with a couple of the guards when I've had to pause the pat down to get tucked back in after that shake out because, as I've told them "it takes a lot of engineering to get these things back up where they used to be" (I turn 40 next month) :D

Nan, you are a SCREAM girl!! Lol..you probably had those guards laughin' their butts off !!:haha: Love it!!

NAN425
04-17-2011, 09:03 PM
A sense of humor, as frequently as you are able to find one in all of the insanity, can be a powerful coping tool, I am finding. :)

That doesn't mean don't take anything seriously...it just means to remember to notice the ridiculous stuff that comes along with this and see the humor in it. :rolleyes:

Jenrietta
04-17-2011, 09:35 PM
I go to the Annex. It doesn't suck, until it's time to leave, lol. You wait outside and they start calling families in. When you get to the pavillion ask the people there who came before you so you know who you are after. I don't take any bag. I bring about 30.00 in my pocket, take your key off the key ring. You'll need your ID the first time then you'll get your own. I laminated mine so nothing happens to it. Try to get there before 8am, they start letting folks in at 8:15. You'll get in the room first and at 9am they start letting the inmates in. You should have time to get a drink or some food. I try to buy him some things so we don't have to get up again for awhile. The annex isn't picky about inmates facing the gaurds. I did get the business for having my legs streched out under the table. It's not nearly as bad as I expected. You can get a quick hug and a kiss at the beginning and at the end of the visit. I asked which Taylor he's going to in another thread, but I don't remember which. The family's that visit are always very sweet.

TxTornado
04-17-2011, 10:08 PM
I had my first visit at Taylor in January...visit was wonderful and everything WifeofMichael said...the only thing I did not know but the ladies waiting out front gave me a heads up on was to go to the window first and get the paperwork to fill out and give them your DL. Then get back in line. When it is your turn you will get your hand scan and PIN number. That allows the line to go quicker. I know when I visited I did not have to wait very long before they brought him in...Shoot one day he was brought in at 8:45am. I get there super early to spend the whole day as I am coming from Texas...every minute counts. Over all visit was awesome. You will do fine...the hardest part is leaving! Take Care

TxTornado
04-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Hey everyone!! My fiance just told me this evening that he is transferring to either Taylor CI or the Annex sometime this week...hey TXTornado, I live in TX also!! Which part do you live in?
Galveston/Houston Area...what part do you live in? Send me a PM if you want and maybe car pooling could be an option. By the way tell your guy to watch and learn. Taylor is a very petty place and they love to give out DR's for the slightest infractions...Take Care and I look forward to hearing from you! Glad to know I am not the only one in Texas with someone in Florida! :thumbsup:

DD's Girl
04-18-2011, 12:14 PM
My man is at Taylor I just got back I flew in from VA

HisWorld
04-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Could anyone please tell me what it is like for arrival times at Taylor C.I. What time do visitors start arriving....I am talking about early before they are even processed.

Do you have a road outside to park before entry to the parking lot~?

Is 7:30a.m. the time to go onto the parking lot~?

Do you walk up and stand in line until you are processed~?
(I've already got my number on my card)

Do they take a new pic if you are at a new facility~?

Is there a number you take to get in line or just the way you arrive~?

Is the visiting park inside a room with air conditioner~?

Are there seats outside~? Pavillions~? Grass~?

Canteen~? Vending machines~? Or Both~?

Does it usually get crowded~?

Do they start releasing you prior to 3p.m.~?

Any good hotels/motels nearby~? (decent)

Thanks for any replies~! Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like a heads up :)

Jenrietta
04-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Could anyone please tell me what it is like for arrival times at Taylor C.I. What time do visitors start arriving....I am talking about early before they are even processed.

Do you have a road outside to park before entry to the parking lot~?

Is 7:30a.m. the time to go onto the parking lot~?

Do you walk up and stand in line until you are processed~?
(I've already got my number on my card)

Do they take a new pic if you are at a new facility~?

Is there a number you take to get in line or just the way you arrive~?

Is the visiting park inside a room with air conditioner~?

Are there seats outside~? Pavillions~? Grass~?

Canteen~? Vending machines~? Or Both~?

Does it usually get crowded~?

Do they start releasing you prior to 3p.m.~?

Any good hotels/motels nearby~? (decent)

Thanks for any replies~! Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like a heads up :)
OK, lol, my loved one is at the Annex so I'll pretend it's all one big thing and try to answer some questions.
I would try to get there about 7:30am. They start letting families in one at a time at 8:15. Usually, I am not the first one there that early.

Yes, there is a road. I'm not sure what you are asking. It's like a country road and it's out in the middle of no where. There's no where to park on the road, just the parking lot. There's a Walmart in town if you are looking for a place to rest before 7am. I think 7am is the earliest you can wait.

Yes, you'll wait at the pavillion. Ask whoever is there, who came before you if you don't walk up behind them or if no one lets you know as you walk up. I would take bug spray because the sand gnats are TERRIBLE.

The ANNEX is AC. There is also a pavillion outside to smoke for now. I imagine it'll stay open after there is no smoking. They open the outside door after visiting has started and you can come and go, unless it's raining. Then it's more like smoke breaks. There are picnic tables outside.

There is the cateen and also vending machines. I've been there when it's been super crowed and we had to share a table with another family and I've been there when there was only us and 2 other families all day!!!

I'm pretty sure you are able to leave whenever you are ready.
I've stayed at the Hampton Inn in Perry. It was nice. There's a Holiday Inn Express across from there. I would guess that would be alright. There's also a Days Inn that looked alright.

Hope that helps!!!;)

HisWorld
04-21-2011, 04:50 AM
OK, lol, my loved one is at the Annex so I'll pretend it's all one big thing and try to answer some questions.
I would try to get there about 7:30am. They start letting families in one at a time at 8:15. Usually, I am not the first one there that early.

Yes, there is a road. I'm not sure what you are asking. Can you drive straight onto the parking lot when you arrive if it is, let's say 6:30 a.m. or do you park outside on the side of the road to wait to enter the parking lot at 7 or 7:30 a.m.~? It's like a country road and it's out in the middle of no where. Yeah, unfortunately I saw that on the google map There's no where to park on the road, just the parking lot. There's a Walmart in town if you are looking for a place to rest before 7am. I think 7am is the earliest you can wait.

Yes, you'll wait at the pavillion. Ask whoever is there, who came before you if you don't walk up behind them or if no one lets you know as you walk up. I would take bug spray because the sand gnats are TERRIBLE.:eek: I read something about some bugs and my husband just heard something about that.

The ANNEX is AC. There is also a pavillion outside to smoke for now. I imagine it'll stay open after there is no smoking. They open the outside door after visiting has started and you can come and go, unless it's raining. Then it's more like smoke breaks. There are picnic tables outside.

There is the cateen and also vending machines. I've been there when it's been super crowed and we had to share a table with another family and I've been there when there was only us and 2 other families all day!!! Wow, nice~! Although, no because you probably will stand out as a sore thumb :rolleyes:.

I'm pretty sure you are able to leave whenever you are ready. Oh believe me, I do not want to leave until they kick me out.....
I've stayed at the Hampton Inn in Perry. It was nice. There's a Holiday Inn Express across from there. I would guess that would be alright. There's also a Days Inn that looked alright. I called one place which told me $25 a night....makes me wonder what it is like if they have bug problems around that area. I guess it will take a while before finding a decent place.

Hope that helps!!!;)

Thank you so much for your response~!!!!

Jenrietta
04-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Thank you so much for your response~!!!!
I stayed at the Hampton Inn. It was really nice and I think it's about 100.00 a night. It took me about 10 minutes to get to the prison from there. I would stay there or the Holiday Inn. The HIX is newer, so I'm sure it's fine. I don't think I would park on the road, but that's me. I am pretty sure that they don't like you coming into the parking lot until 7am. The road BEFORE Hampton Springs Rd has a car wash and laundromat, maybe you could park there if you are too early.

I guess it's pretty close to the water and the sand gnats are out of control. Def, def, def, take something so you don't get chewed up. Some folks swear by dryer sheets. I googled it and read essential oils will help.

I really didn't mind being one of the only ones there. It was a holiday weekend on a Monday. I was just grateful for the extra day. LOL, they problay watched us like hawks.

I also stay til 3 and wait until the everyone gets up. It's VERY hard to leave.

Where could you stay for 25.00 a night??? The Days Inn looked alright too. I would stay there. I don't think I would trust a 25.00 a night tho. JMO.

When are you going?

HisWorld
04-21-2011, 03:10 PM
I stayed at the Hampton Inn. It was really nice and I think it's about 100.00 a night. It took me about 10 minutes to get to the prison from there. I would stay there or the Holiday Inn. The HIX is newer, so I'm sure it's fine. I don't think I would park on the road, but that's me. I am pretty sure that they don't like you coming into the parking lot until 7am. The road BEFORE Hampton Springs Rd has a car wash and laundromat, maybe you could park there if you are too early.

I guess it's pretty close to the water and the sand gnats are out of control. Def, def, def, take something so you don't get chewed up. Some folks swear by dryer sheets. I googled it and read essential oils will help.

I really didn't mind being one of the only ones there. It was a holiday weekend on a Monday. I was just grateful for the extra day. LOL, they problay watched us like hawks.

I also stay til 3 and wait until the everyone gets up. It's VERY hard to leave.

Where could you stay for 25.00 a night??? The Days Inn looked alright too. I would stay there. I don't think I would trust a 25.00 a night tho. JMO.

When are you going?

I am not certain yet if it will be this weekend or the end of next month. I will find out tomorrow. I do not remember the place I called which said it was $25. But I did a Mapquest and that info came up with it. I just went down the list and called for rates. I was told it was across town from the prison. Not that it would matter if I am already in the area then. Although....$25 a night, yeah...not too thrilled and highly doubt I will stay there~! Thank you again for the info...hopefully will not be bad.

HisWorld
04-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Sorry......meant to say thank you again for the information. It really does help to get a tad bit of info. :)

Jenrietta
04-21-2011, 08:32 PM
I had my first visit at Taylor in January...visit was wonderful and everything WifeofMichael said...the only thing I did not know but the ladies waiting out front gave me a heads up on was to go to the window first and get the paperwork to fill out and give them your DL. Then get back in line. When it is your turn you will get your hand scan and PIN number. That allows the line to go quicker. I know when I visited I did not have to wait very long before they brought him in...Shoot one day he was brought in at 8:45am. I get there super early to spend the whole day as I am coming from Texas...every minute counts. Over all visit was awesome. You will do fine...the hardest part is leaving! Take Care

ABSOLUTLY!!!!!!! Leaving is problay one of the hardest things I've done in my LIFE. I almost dread going, because of the leaving. When he walks me to the door I just get to where I HAVE to go. I can't look at him one more time, like a band aid- rip it off.

Jenrietta
04-22-2011, 06:24 AM
You'll have a good visit. It's exciting to see them. Just don't forget the bug spray!! LOL

TxTornado
04-22-2011, 08:25 PM
The first time I visited him I was so nervous that when a group of people got up to leave at like 2:40pm I thought I had to leave as well...it was so hard...but then the second and third day, I waited until the very last second to leave...it was even harder, you just want to put them in your pocket and carry them home with you...the band aid analogy is exactly right! Just have to rip it off and move on...thinking of the next time you get to see them!

HisWorld
04-23-2011, 12:14 AM
You'll have a good visit. It's exciting to see them. Just don't forget the bug spray!! LOL

LOL.....One of the 'first' things packed & ready to go~!!! :) And actually it will be a few weeks first. He is at the reception center now. At least now I have an idea. Thank you~! :)

DD's Girl
04-25-2011, 06:33 AM
I was there about two weeks ago and the sand gnats were off the hook. It didn't seem bad until I got home and had little red bits all over my legs. I'm going back the long weekend in may but I ususally stay in Tallahesse because I was told the town was full of rednecks??? How were the people?

DD's Girl
04-25-2011, 06:38 AM
I agree, the first time was horrible leaving especially if they are looking back at you through the gate, and I cried the whole way back.

HisWorld
04-25-2011, 09:22 AM
I was there about two weeks ago and the sand gnats were off the hook. It didn't seem bad until I got home and had little red bits all over my legs. I'm going back the long weekend in may but I ususally stay in Tallahesse because I was told the town was full of rednecks??? How were the people?
Oh my....I have heard more stories about those bugs~!!! Scary~! I plan to be there also the last weekend of May....hopefully~!!! Trying to see where to stay as I myself am not familiar with the area. I think by doing a google map search and getting a view of the area lets you know what the area may be like :rolleyes::)...... Is it far to travel from Tallahassee~?

Jenrietta
04-27-2011, 05:23 AM
Taylor doesn't have a gate. You leave the room and go through the little rooms to get checked out. It's easy not to look back, I've never tried. They also shut the door and put a square of cardboard or something in the little window as soon as everyone is out.

jutemoran2
04-27-2011, 06:19 AM

:hmm: Not much good at Taylor, except the Asst. Warden. He seems to be a very good & ethical man, and will stand up for our inmates when they are having problems caused by his staff. Visitation is busy & crowded, much like most places. Our family members are worth whatever we must do to visit them.

DD's Girl
04-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Yes they are I went to Taylor a few weeks ago and will be returning at the end of May, can't wait to see my man.

VivianR
05-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Talked with my son last week and he said that Taylor has a new Warden. Has anyone else heard this?

JudyA68
05-02-2011, 07:04 PM
They only thing that was said that wasnt correct in my experience at Taylor was where ther inmate sits. My husband and I sat beside each other the whole time. We spent all the time outside and never had a problem with sitting beside each other. Have a good visit.

ShawnsWife1234
05-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Well I am currently looking for a new person to carpool with. I have been riding with a woman from my area on a normal basis but her man comes home this month so no more rides :( Please if anyone is interested in some company on those early morning rides and help with gas and motel if you stay over Im you girl :) Im so sad because I dont know when Ill be going up again:(

sumwhereupnorth
05-09-2011, 02:23 PM
My fiance is on his way to Taylor CI (info per vinelink) he hasn't been processed in yet at least the updated info isnt showing on the fl doc website.... Anyone know if he will be able to use the phones on his first evening at Taylor CI?

sumwhereupnorth
05-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Hello! so according to a vinelink update my guy was transferred from cfrc to Taylor CI.......... Does anyone know if he will be able to call me tonight - his first evening at Taylor CI? His phone list was approved a couple of weeks ago and he has been calling me 2-3 times a day since it was approved. Just hoping that he will still be able to call me tonight. Anyone happen to know anything about the phone schedules at Taylor CI? What time do they turn the phones on/off etc...........

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW I am glad he has been transferred out of the reception center now maybe he will be able to get "settled" in =) He was only at the reception center (cfrc ) for approx 3 weeks :thumbsup:

ShawnsWife1234
05-09-2011, 06:58 PM
He should be able to call you tonite there phone times are from 5:30pm till 11pm mon-fri ans 9am-11pm Sat n Sun

sumwhereupnorth
05-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks! He called at 6 and then twice more throughout the evening. He is glad that he was moved. Now he can get "settled" in and we can ride this out =) Glad that they keep the phones on till 11 although I do wish they would turn them on earlier during the week. I have weird shifts sometimes I work mornings and sometimes evenings so there are some nights he is able to call... But it is what it is and I am definately not complaining I know we are lucky to even be able to talk to each other at all...........

BTW he is in Taylor Annex ............

JudyA68
05-14-2011, 08:27 PM
I have to disagree with the phone times. My husband has called me just a few minutes after 5pm on weekdays and we have been cut off at 10pm on weekends. It is my understanding that times are 5-10 m-f and 9-10 on sat and sun.

sumwhereupnorth
05-24-2011, 09:46 PM
I have to disagree with the phone times. My husband has called me just a few minutes after 5pm on weekdays and we have been cut off at 10pm on weekends. It is my understanding that times are 5-10 m-f and 9-10 on sat and sun.

Yep. I believe you are correct.. My guy has never been able to use the phone after 10:00pm but he has called before 5:30 on the weekdays.:D

jutemoran2
05-25-2011, 05:52 AM
Taylor is not a nice place to "settle."

jutemoran2
05-25-2011, 05:53 AM
Thanks! He called at 6 and then twice more throughout the evening. He is glad that he was moved. Now he can get "settled" in and we can ride this out =) Glad that they keep the phones on till 11 although I do wish they would turn them on earlier during the week. I have weird shifts sometimes I work mornings and sometimes evenings so there are some nights he is able to call... But it is what it is and I am definately not complaining I know we are lucky to even be able to talk to each other at all...........

BTW he is in Taylor Annex ............

:angry: Sucks!

sumwhereupnorth
05-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Sorry that you have had a bad experience with Taylor Jutemoran2.... My guy likes it there... well as much as anyone can "like" prison environment.. He says it is a pretty decent camp as far as camps gio... (he has been to several here in Florida the last time he was down) He is over at Taylor Annex

Jenrietta
05-29-2011, 10:29 PM
I think that tomorrow they can have a 3 day visit, I wonder if they will have extra phone hours too.

I've been to Taylor Annex quite a few times and I haven't had any trouble. I can't believe that any other prison would be that much better. Everyone there has always been very sweet, I thought.

sumwhereupnorth
06-04-2011, 08:31 PM
yep! Last Monday they were able to use the phone in the morning just like weekend phone priviledges - I was so excited to get a morning call on a Monday =-)

KingsWifey
06-20-2011, 12:23 PM
My fiance was just moved to Taylor C.I. today. Anyone have input as to what it is like there? We've heard constantly about the sand gnats so we're aware of that. He talked to a lot of people at RMC that had been at Taylor and it seemed more "bad" than "decent" yet I read a post below where someone said they liked it better than other camps and that the officers are decent. Someone else mentioned the town being full of rednecks (which usually means many are employed at the facility). I'm not one for the "race" card but I do honestly believe that experiences will differ depending on the inmate; and by that I don't mean just the quiet inmate vs. the rowdy inmate.

I always brace myself when he goes somewhere different because you never know what to expect. Any input about the facility in general would be helpful. My King has been on his best...BEST behavior for the last six months so he's learned how to try to stay under the radar. I know the first month he'll spend dealing with the officer's assumptions that he's gang affiliated because of his tattoo addiction which we are used to; just want to know if there is any advice I can give him about that camp from those who have loved ones currently there; outside of the awful gnats. Thanks!

DD's Girl
06-24-2011, 09:26 AM
My husband is at Taylor and he said basically if you keep your nose clean you shouldn't have many problems. From the CO standpoint some are better than others so it just depends on them. My visits have been good except Sunday when a particular female officer is on duty, she is very critical of your clothing and i'm big chested and but butt so I've had to change several times. The other male officers seem to be pretty laid back and don't give us any trouble. I've stayed in Perry with a few other wives and it was fine, but I was a little nervous because it is hickville but overall my experience is right average. For my husband its very hot, says no AC and only two fans for a whole dorm so he takes alot of showers to stay cool, the food is average but he will need some money to supplement the bad food days. This is just from my take hope it helps.

My fiance was just moved to Taylor C.I. today. Anyone have input as to what it is like there? We've heard constantly about the sand gnats so we're aware of that. He talked to a lot of people at RMC that had been at Taylor and it seemed more "bad" than "decent" yet I read a post below where someone said they liked it better than other camps and that the officers are decent. Someone else mentioned the town being full of rednecks (which usually means many are employed at the facility). I'm not one for the "race" card but I do honestly believe that experiences will differ depending on the inmate; and by that I don't mean just the quiet inmate vs. the rowdy inmate.

I always brace myself when he goes somewhere different because you never know what to expect. Any input about the facility in general would be helpful. My King has been on his best...BEST behavior for the last six months so he's learned how to try to stay under the radar. I know the first month he'll spend dealing with the officer's assumptions that he's gang affiliated because of his tattoo addiction which we are used to; just want to know if there is any advice I can give him about that camp from those who have loved ones currently there; outside of the awful gnats. Thanks!

KingsWifey
06-28-2011, 08:44 AM
My husband is at Taylor and he said basically if you keep your nose clean you shouldn't have many problems. From the CO standpoint some are better than others so it just depends on them. My visits have been good except Sunday when a particular female officer is on duty, she is very critical of your clothing and i'm big chested and but butt so I've had to change several times. The other male officers seem to be pretty laid back and don't give us any trouble. I've stayed in Perry with a few other wives and it was fine, but I was a little nervous because it is hickville but overall my experience is right average. For my husband its very hot, says no AC and only two fans for a whole dorm so he takes alot of showers to stay cool, the food is average but he will need some money to supplement the bad food days. This is just from my take hope it helps.

Thank you so much. That certainly helps a great deal. With his health issues and meds I always try to make sure he's got enough funds to get food whenever he needs to. (Also partly because he's so picky-prisoner or not :rolleyes:) We talked about remembering to fly beneath the radar and I'm trying to send him enough to get another radio since the reception center "lost it". I'd probably do Saturdays for visits so maybe I'll be lucky enough to miss the female officer. I'm top heavy too and though I've never had a clothing issue, there is always a first time when it comes to the DOC. Thanks again!

JudyA68
06-28-2011, 05:51 PM
The health care sucks at Taylor! My husband is a severe diabetic and he does not get proper care. He has been there 13mths and has only been able to see the doctor at the reception center. They nurses deny him every time he puts in a request to see a doctor. They are the ones to determine if he "needs" to see a doctor.

mfcat
07-31-2011, 01:22 PM
I am brand new to all of this....I have been using the website to try to deal with what my son will deal with at this place also...
I have read all that I can on this page and see the compassion of people like myself, parents, who are hurting as I am.
I haven't heard from my son yet....I want to know if he can call me soon...if he has to go to a work camp...I am sick and at the point where I cry when I wake up and when I go to bed and many times throughout the day..
I think death would have been easier.
I don't even know how this page works for sure...I need some help, I know that. I have a husband who doesn't talk alot about it...two other adult children who are hurt and stunned too....
Thanks to everyone who shares...I know I am not alone...yet, I always feel as though i am....
I am not answering your question...adding my own, I guess....

positivet
07-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Oh, I know exactly what you are going through. Our family went through it too. I don't know about your situation, but ours was drug related...I hate drugs! My son is not at Taylor, so I can't tell you about that particular prison, but if it is of any help I will say (and my son would agree) that prison saved my son's life. He would be dead by now if he hadn't been arrested and previous probation, counseling, jail time, did not do the trick. Not sure if prison will either, but for the first time his head is clear and he can see what he did to himself and his family, and by writing to each other and regular phone calls, I am getting to know him in a way I don't know my other kids. Like you, I sometimes thought death would be easier, but we both know it wouldn't be...you will get to hug your son at your first visit, and man, that is great!!! And you can have your picture taken with him! And he will smile when he sees you! Those are little things, but honestly it's more positive stuff than I was getting before. Instead of having false hope about my son's future, I am beginning to actually have real hope for him. He never read much, but reads all the time now. I kind of like that I get to pick out books to send him and he is so ready to read that he is reading them! Of course I am picking out books that have a message...ha!ha! my little way to control something!
There is not much you can do for your son now except write a lot and listen to him. It is a very hard time for everyone, but you will get through it, and you may even find that it is something he needs to go through to find out who he is and what he wants out of life. Best of luck to you and your family!

KingsWifey
08-04-2011, 01:58 PM
I haven't heard from my son yet....I want to know if he can call me soon...if he has to go to a work camp...I am sick and at the point where I cry when I wake up and when I go to bed and many times throughout the day......

Usually phone numbers are approved when they are at the reception center; at least that's how ours was approved. As long as you have a landline AND the provider allows collect calls you should be good. You can check out Securustech.net to set up a prepay account...it helps you keep track of how much you spend on calls. If you are unsure of if your number was approved, you can try contacting his CO. Just ask for classification, they'll ask for his DC# and they'll tell you who the CO is and connect you.

Like with any facility, depends on the situation...depends on the day of the week, depends on the officer. My guy flys under the radar because he's getting close to coming home and he's ready to get there and his recent issue was simply because some officer didn't like the way he looked.

It is hard for a parent facing the incarceration of their child. You are not alone. Though my fiance is locked up, I know what my mother went through when my brother was incarcerated. He'll need encouragement and strength from you. I pray you find helpful answers and all the strength and encouragement you are going to need here on PTO. Good luck to you!

sarajoandbilly
08-29-2011, 01:23 PM
I would recheck the stamp date on the envelope. I know my husbands is usually mailed out within a day or two of him writing it. Pertly because of the fact that they have to check outgoing mail just like they do incoming mail for contraban and what not. So it does take some time. Maybe he also got his days confused. Good Luck!

bevyp
09-16-2011, 05:36 PM
My brother just got placed at Taylor CI 2wks ago......just received a letter from him & he says he'll try to call but they only have 2 phones for 72 inmates. His letter made it to me in 4 days. He has alot of medical issues & was supposed to be placed in a Medical Camp for older inmates but I knew he would go where they wanted to put him. Does anyone know if this could be a temp. spot for him. ? wishful thinking , I guess. He hasn't said anything bad about it yet, I'm sure he'll hold his own since he's ex-marine & knows how to take orders & keep his mouth shut. I'm just worried about his diabeties but even though he said he just had a coca cola for the 1st time in 1 1/2 yrs....he also knows enough to manage his sugar intake. I'm in the process of re newing his mag. subscriptions....anyone know if Sports Illustrated is allowed ? we've all heard about the swimsuit issues so I'm not sure. thanks for any input

KingsWifey
09-16-2011, 06:38 PM
My brother just got placed at Taylor CI 2wks ago......just received a letter from him & he says he'll try to call but they only have 2 phones for 72 inmates. His letter made it to me in 4 days. He has alot of medical issues & was supposed to be placed in a Medical Camp for older inmates but I knew he would go where they wanted to put him. Does anyone know if this could be a temp. spot for him. ? wishful thinking , I guess. He hasn't said anything bad about it yet, I'm sure he'll hold his own since he's ex-marine & knows how to take orders & keep his mouth shut. I'm just worried about his diabeties but even though he said he just had a coca cola for the 1st time in 1 1/2 yrs....he also knows enough to manage his sugar intake. I'm in the process of re newing his mag. subscriptions....anyone know if Sports Illustrated is allowed ? we've all heard about the swimsuit issues so I'm not sure. thanks for any input

Don't know about the subscriptions. I never bothered since I didn't want the hassle of changing mailing addresses when he is up and moved.

If he's just on insulin, he can be at most any facility. King is a diabetic and the only time he's been somewhere considered "medical" is RMC when he's getting moved to a new facility. I've read on PTO folks claims it's awful, that medical sucks but that is fueled by opinion since others don't have the same complaints. When King was there, he didn't complain about medical and if it was really bad..trust me, he'd most certainly let me know even for the smallest issue.

JudyA68
09-17-2011, 09:02 AM
I wish you the very best of luck. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but my husband was at Taylor for the first 16 mths of his sentence. He has finally been transferred a few weeks ago thank goodness. My husband is 51 and a very bad diabetic. It is like hell getting calls because he is right, there are 2 phone (1 doesnt work well..you cant hear on it so you might as well say there is 1) and over 70 men. I used to think my husband was exaggerating until he was moved and calls all the time now. The medical there sucks big time bad. My husbands diabetes has been out of control and its like pulling teeth to have the nurses let him see a doctor. They refused him all the time but he still had to pay the fee, go figure. 2 weeks before he was transfered he was bitten in his testicles by a brown recluse spider. He had a quarter size hole and it was puss filled and bleeding. It was over 5 days until they would start to give him antibiotics. Here we are weeks later and he is still having problems with it. The new camp has been a little better about medical but not too much. They just started him on another round of antibiotics. My husband says you have to keep your mouth shut there because they are just good ole boys and make excuses to give out drs. He would never let us say anything negative about Taylor or the DOC for that fact because he claims he has seen the guards make excuses to give a dr when they complained about anything. I thank God everyday that my husband was moved and even more thankful that he only received 1 dr while being there (he is on the diabetic diet and had cookies in his locker so they gave him a dr for sugar products...it didnt matter that since they wont let him carry a glucose stick that diabetics sometimes need sugar in an emergency basis). I will pray for you and your brother!!

KingsWifey
09-19-2011, 11:19 AM
I wish you the very best of luck. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but my husband was at Taylor for the first 16 mths of his sentence. He has finally been transferred a few weeks ago thank goodness. My husband is 51 and a very bad diabetic.

Curious, what is a "bad diabetic" as opposed to just being diabetic?

JudyA68
09-21-2011, 06:39 AM
In my opinion it is when his sugar is ALWAYS over the safe limits for a diabetic. Someone whose diabetes is never in control. Just like any disease or illness, some can have more severe cases than others. Mine just happens to be one of those. Yes, I know any diabetic is bad but I will not apologize for feeling that my husband (whose blood sugar is always in the range of falling into a coma and dying) is a worse case than normal.

KingsWifey
09-21-2011, 10:19 AM
In my opinion it is when his sugar is ALWAYS over the safe limits for a diabetic. Someone whose diabetes is never in control. Just like any disease or illness, some can have more severe cases than others. Mine just happens to be one of those. Yes, I know any diabetic is bad but I will not apologize for feeling that my husband (whose blood sugar is always in the range of falling into a coma and dying) is a worse case than normal.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...slow up there ma. I asked simply out of curiosity as I'm still educating myself about the disease. When my fiance and I first got together he almost always tested in the mid 300's and above so I've been there. I've been where I had to keep slapping him awake to direct me to a relative's house who is also insulin dependent just to get him some insulin, watched them try to test him and the machine couldn't read it he was so high, watch him get insulin to the stomach then had to deal with him and his muscles cramping all evening and him yelling in agony. I have never been more afraid in not knowing what to do than that day.

I know what it is like and am familiar with the scares. You came off like I was at you or something, my apologies if I wasn't specific enough as to why I was asking. I know more now that we've been together for a while but I still am trying to really educate myself. I learned how much insulin to give him depending on what range he tested in, I know what to do when he says it's dropping (we've had middle of the night scares - honey I can cut oranges like nobody's business when we're out of OJ).

Unfortunately while inside, it is hard to maintain good levels if you are eating food from canteen; which King does. It's mostly sugars and sodium. He does find ways to keep his sugar from being too high when he goes for checks throughout the day (at all facilities he's been at, the diabetics go to insulin check two to three times each day - they do not have to put in a call to go), but when they run his A1c, they can tell he's had spikes despite the regular readings they get daily.

I'm sure like me, you'll be glad to get him home where you can monitor him and are aware of his health needs.

JudyA68
09-21-2011, 03:33 PM
I am sorry if I came off that way but I have had people be very rude to me and sometimes I get a little defensive when it comes to my husband. My husband was at Taylor and has finally been moved (thank goodness). They only test his blood sugar 2x's a day at Taylor. I haven't asked what they do at the new camp. We have had some other issues lately that have over shadowed his diabets these last couple of days. While at Taylor my husband said that his diabetic diet was almost identical to the regular diet but was given a pb&j sandwich with the night meal to make up for the extra calories that the diabetics are required to have. A regular inmate is to get 1800 and a diabetic is to get 2200. I hate that they only test his bs 2xs a day, he used to check it at least 4x's while at home. I just pray that they get it under control at the new camp because for the 16mths at Taylor they never did. Good luck to you both.

KingsWifey
09-22-2011, 01:53 PM
They only test his blood sugar 2x's a day at Taylor. While at Taylor my husband said that his diabetic diet was almost identical to the regular diet but was given a pb&j sandwich with the night meal to make up for the extra calories that the diabetics are required to have. I hate that they only test his bs 2xs a day, he used to check it at least 4x's while at home. I just pray that they get it under control at the new camp because for the 16mths at Taylor they never did.

No apologies needed. Was Taylor the only camp he's done time at? Going twice a day is normal at any camp from my understanding and my honey told me about the PB&J before he even went in this time from when he was in before. Some places he's on the diet and others he's not. It depends on how he tests I think. They put him on the restricted diet when his sugar levels are out of control. As long as he tests within normal limits he is on the regular diet. I don't know how long your husband has been down or if this is his first bid or not but you have to remember that it is prison and that they will not receive the same kind of care they do at home no matter what we think. In order to maintain control, I've found that King has to monitor his intake and to know what raises his sugar and when. He doesn't really eat at chow, I send him funds for canteen so that I know even if it's not the best that he has something to eat at all times (in case he drops between their insane meal times).

Like bevyp said, most diabetics know how to manage their intake. I've watched King at home manage it to eat junk (when we first started out) and still remain within limits. Boy! If I knew then what I know now! LOL. I'm sorry it's so difficult for your husband. I hope it gets better for him now that he's moved.

Alex215
09-23-2011, 08:50 PM
I need help and support from anybody. I just found out my fiance will be transfered to Taylor very soon. All these comments scare me so much!!

KingsWifey
09-26-2011, 10:25 AM
I need help and support from anybody. I just found out my fiance will be transfered to Taylor very soon. All these comments scare me so much!!

You cannot go into this with that frame of mind. Yes, stories can make you nervous but remember there are a couple thousand inmates in a facility. What you may read about one or two inmates may be totally different from what five hundred to a thousand inmates ever experience.

My understanding if you go to Taylor, you keep your head down and be careful of who you surround yourself with. Don't bring attention to yourself and try to stay below the radar. Prison is no picnic no matter what facility they find themselves at. Unless your fiance gives you cause to worry about something, don't stress yourself out over things that are first off not within your control and secondly things that haven't and may never happen.

There are fights in prison. Inmates get beat up by inmates and officers. Officers may get attacked by an inmate cazy enough to attempt it. It is prison and it happens. These guys don't become inmates for being Boy Scouts. Save your worry for things you have cause to worry over with regards to your fiance and with things that you can actually do something about and sometimes that could mean simply encouraging him to hang in there. He has to look out for himself and focus on getting through the time and having to reassure you every step of the way takes away from that.

Think about it this way, you are more apt to read something negative or silly that happened over the more often mundane shuffling through another day where nothing has happened. Unless your fiance is a complete knucklhead who has to do it all the hard way, look forward to the boring one day to the next days where you are excited about mail or phone calls becuase there is simply nothing else going on. :)

EnvyOf212
10-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Taylor is known as a "disciplinary" type facility. My hubby was at Taylor Main quite a few years ago and now is currently at Taylor Annex. He's been down since 98 (lifer) and I always say to everyone, each prison is what THEY make of it. Keep out of sight and you'll be fine....although sometimes we know that not even that helps. IJS...

JudyA68
10-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Yes, King Taylor was the only camp that he has been at until now. He went there straight from reception. He is now at Wakulla Annex. Besides a 2month stay back in 1991 this is the only bid my husband has had. He was sentenced to a 3yr manditory min. He has 19 months left. It seems like an eternity but at least we are almost at the halfway point. My major beef with the DOC is that they are required by law to follow the American Diabetes Associations guidlines and they don't. I know they are where they are but I just want what is required to be given. My husband also does very little eating at chow. His mother thank goodness for her sends my husband the max spending limit money every 2weeks. I don't know what he would do without her because she sends him more money than I make. I hope all is well with you and your loved one. Good luck to you both.

KingsWifey
10-05-2011, 05:32 PM
My major beef with the DOC is that they are required by law to follow the American Diabetes Associations guidlines and they don't. I know they are where they are but I just want what is required to be given. My husband also does very little eating at chow. His mother thank goodness for her sends my husband the max spending limit money every 2weeks. I don't know what he would do without her because she sends him more money than I make. I hope all is well with you and your loved one. Good luck to you both.

I don't think they meet the "requirements" either Judy. King had no complaints about medical at Taylor except once when his sugar dropped so low he awoke in a sweat and disoriented. Normally he's fine when he eats at his set time. I think it was because he napped but he said it's never dropped that low like that. His cellie had to help him off his bunk and open something for him to eat. He said he thought that the nurse must have given him more insulin than he needed. He knows he's supposed to be vigilant in watching what they give him as he's run into problems with them giving him way too much in the past at some facilities.

I send him plenty of funds just because I know he won't eat chow except for breakfast where he'll only eat certain things. It is for my peace of mind that I budget to send him funds on a regular. He said he did recently go have his eyes checked as a part of his "yearly checkup". I was surprised they even did that. I'll just be glad when he's home and has a doctor and me to make sure his diabetes is on track and he's getting the care he should.

vickigeorge7
10-30-2011, 07:43 AM
My man got called in for a phone conversation we had. It was a "special" conversation if you get me. He has been in a long time and we have had these conversations for years with no issue. Now he is at taylor annex a month and is threatened with dr for one more time. He is FURIOUS and is putting in for transfer back down south where we are from. Just wondered if anyone had ever had this trouble? He is black and I am white. He has lots of pictures. Didnt know if this was racial

KingsWifey
10-31-2011, 01:36 AM
My man got called in for a phone conversation we had. It was a "special" conversation if you get me. He has been in a long time and we have had these conversations for years with no issue. Now he is at taylor annex a month and is threatened with dr for one more time. He is FURIOUS and is putting in for transfer back down south where we are from. Just wondered if anyone had ever had this trouble? He is black and I am white. He has lots of pictures. Didnt know if this was racial

From experience, a DR for "phone therapy" is personal...meaning someone has it out for him; an officer who doesn't like him and yes possibly the relationship between the two of you. Some here will tell you they aren't taking the chance and blah, blah, blah when it comes to what you call special conversations...but phone therapy is how I've gotten through the "drought" and whenever my hubby is moved he inquires as to the "regulations" regarding such therapy at that particular facility....and he asks because we too had an issue at one camp which boiled down to an officer out to get him. He did 15 days confinement and the officer in confinement told him in the 20 years he'd worked in the DOC he'd never had a guy sitting in confinement for that. Word of advice...be careful...they will be like dogs with a bone. We gave up those conversations the rest of the time he was there.

vickigeorge7
11-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Had a feeling it was like that. UHG!!! He has been in 26 yrs NEVER had dr. Runs the music programs, the mentor stuff etc... Fighting his case hard now with 5 things out in courts. This smacked of retaliation. It has been very frustrating! Thanks for your post!

KingsWifey
11-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Had a feeling it was like that. UHG!!! He has been in 26 yrs NEVER had dr. Runs the music programs, the mentor stuff etc... Fighting his case hard now with 5 things out in courts. This smacked of retaliation. It has been very frustrating! Thanks for your post!

You are welcome. There are some "good 'ole boys" working at Taylor and the "brothas" are no better. I swear there are two "sistas" that constantly find reason to toss my hubby's cell supposedly looking for contraband. He is close to coming home and hasn't had any charges for contraband yet it seems when they are strolling through and decide to toss cells, if they choose only two to check...his is always one of them. They are supposed to put on their shirts if an officer comes into their cell and they've had the nerve to tell him not to bother. :rolleyes: I'm so glad he's on his way home!

vickigeorge7
11-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Im glad for you too! Not long now!

flamom1955
02-18-2012, 04:40 PM
My first time posting a question, so hope I'm doing this correctly.

My son has been at Taylor Main for about 11 months. I got word from his wife "something happened" and he's in "the box" and can't have visits or make phone calls for about 30 days, but can get mail.

My question is, does anyone know if he can be sent books or even answer letters? Or know how I can get the answers? Do I need to call his CO?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

angeleyes8081
04-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Hey would anyone be interested in sharing a ride? i posted under rideshare but no luck, have not saw my man in awhile..

also question, how bad are the sand bugs!? i heard about them, but no idea what they are lol

Dave's SoulMate
05-09-2012, 10:57 AM
My husband was just moved to Taylor CI. Can anyone provide me information?

Dave's SoulMate
05-11-2012, 05:45 AM
Does anyone know how long it takes visitor request forms to be approved? My husband is at Taylor CI Main.

DD's Girl
05-12-2012, 10:08 AM
My husband is there also, it doesn't take that long for us it took about two weeks max for me and the kids to get added. Did you fill out the form and send it in?

Does anyone know how long it takes visitor request forms to be approved? My husband is at Taylor CI Main.

Dave's SoulMate
05-12-2012, 05:08 PM
My husband is there also, it doesn't take that long for us it took about two weeks max for me and the kids to get added. Did you fill out the form and send it in?

I filled in the form and sent in on Thursday, but not sure how long it will take to get there in the mail and then process it. I think it will take 3 days to get there.

Jenrietta
05-13-2012, 08:00 AM
I would think if not by the end of this week, the end of next week for sure. Mine was pretty quick.

Dave's SoulMate
05-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Well, called his CO and she has my visitation application as of today. We will see how long it takes to be approved.

Dave's SoulMate
05-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Just received word that I have been approved to visit. Less than 7 working days, that is good. Now it is a three-day weekend visit (Memorial Day). I am so excited.

tripsgirl
05-21-2012, 05:26 PM
My 'step daddy' is there. :)
Anyone heard of Wayne Crum?

HisChevyBabe
09-07-2012, 06:53 AM
I have a friend thats in Taylor and I was wondering how long does it take for mail to get there? I am mailing from Oklahoma City, OK. And when they get mail do they give them their mail right away or when they decide too??

mayday
09-09-2012, 07:11 AM
It is like most other male prisons - the men fight for respect and do not 'b*tch up.' Conjugal visits are not allowed - nor will it be granted through any special request.
Hi, it depends who is on duty.....some of them are realy hardcore, no hugging or holding hands...dont even think about putting the arm around when you sit beside ech other. No Huggin while taking Pictures... Not even me as a Mother was alowed to hug my Son:angry:

Other then this there is a outsite area where you can stay from 10 am-2pm. Visiting time is at 9-3 be there early,because the folks are waiting in front starting at 6:30 am. There is NO Smoking at all!!!
No special Visit Time:angry: I try it every year since I come all the way from Germany to visit my Son.

Any more questions feel free to ask.

mayday
09-09-2012, 07:13 AM
I have a friend thats in Taylor and I was wondering how long does it take for mail to get there? I am mailing from Oklahoma City, OK. And when they get mail do they give them their mail right away or when they decide too??

Well as from here Germany to get there is about 5-6 days. so since you inside the US max 2 Days

HisChevyBabe
09-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Well as from here Germany to get there is about 5-6 days. so since you inside the US max 2 Days

Thanks hun! I got a letter from him yesterday and he was telling me it takes 5 days to get to him so I am guessing 2-3 days to get there from here to there and then I guess when they go through all the mail and read it and stuff.. being in the US I wouldn't think it would take that long but I know they have to look through all the mail and stuff.