View Full Version : Visitation at CRC

littlemamma
10-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Why can't you visit someone at CRC unless you are married or immediate family or have kids together. I think this is really stupid. They say it is good for someone to have family and friends visit but yet if you are not related to them in some way while they are at CRC you can't see them. Something needs to be done about it.:angry:

MsChiku
10-21-2004, 06:12 AM
LittleMamma, did you call CRC and get that confirmed already. It's best to hear that from the Institution, rather than assume. Correctional Recption Center (CRC) phone# (614) 877-2441.

If in fact it's true about requiring that the visitors be related to them, then that would be their rules at that specific Institution. If that's not going to be his permanent spot, then try to focus on the positive thing for both of your sakes. I know this is easier said than done. I see your frustrations in all your post and I applaud you for seeking answers. I too am good for never accepting "NO" as an answer. But remember to have faith. Your man needs to have faith in you too. If you have questions about a specific Institution and our answers aren't on point then call the Institution directly. Here's the thread with the names and numbers of all the OHIO Institutes on the Ohio Prison Profiles: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76648
Try to Keep your head up, you are not alone :thumbsup:

Alynn528
10-21-2004, 12:50 PM
Yes, that is very true you cannot visit unless you are married to that person or if you have children by him. Its stupid but its the rules Sweetie. Plus the visits there, totally sucked!! I know the Inmate can have a special visit but I think you cannot have contact with that person for atleast 3 to 6 months I believe. CRC rules are VERY VERY STRICT.. so I would just wait it out until he gets moved..they are usually up there for 6-8 weeks... Atleast you guys can write & he can call you!! Good luck!

ShannonL
10-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Yeah, it's stupid! Brant was there 7 weeks and I was going crazy!! Then I had to wait a month to get approved on his list, so I didn't see him from July until October. It was rough, but you'll get through it! Then that first visit will be SO special.

Raebear
10-21-2004, 06:43 PM
You're just talking about reception. Cadre is way better.

tnb04
10-25-2004, 12:13 AM
Hi all I have a baby by a man in CRC and he wants me to visit him so he can hold his daughter for the first time. He has sent me a letter with his inmate number and wants me to write him back asap to let him know I got it. I am not sure what to do about visiting him due to the fact he didn't sign the birth certificate because he was incarcerated when I had her. Does that matter? Can he still see her??

littlemamma
10-25-2004, 09:10 AM
it has to be proven that she is his daughter.