Charlotte Correctional Institution
o 33123 Oil Well Road
Punta Gorda, Florida 33955
o (941) 833-2300
o http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region4/510.html
o FAX: (941) 575-5747
o E-Mail: charlotteci@mail.dc.state.fl.us
o Chaplain's Office - (941) 833-2329
Directions: From I-75, near Punta Gorda, Florida, take Exit 158 to Route 41. Go south (left) approximately 5 miles to Oil Well Road. Go east for approximately 3.2 miles. Turn right to Charlotte Correctional Institution.

Historical Information: This facility was established in 1989 to house adult male inmates.

Total Staff (on 8/04): 384

Type of Housing Units:
Open Bay Housing Units - 1
Cell Housing Units - 6
Room Housing Units - 0
Total Capacity - 1,031
Other Information:
Population Gender - Male
Adult or Youthful - Adult
Facility Level - 6
Self Contained Housing Units - Yes
Designated Confinement Space - Yes
Custody Grades Close, Medium, Minimum, Community
Medical Grades - 1 through 3
Psychological Grades - 1 through 5
Wheelchair Capabilities - Yes
Hearing Impaired Capabilities - No
Academic Programs:
Adult Basic Education
General Education Development
Mandatory Literacy Program
Special Education
Safety-Net Programs
Vocational Programs:
None at this time.
Wellness Education Services:
Fresh Start Smoking Cessation
Wellness Education
Library Services:
Library Program
Major Law Collection
Substance Abuse Programs:
Alcoholics Anonymous
Narcotics Anonymous
Chaplaincy Services:
Chapel Library Program
Kairos Week-ends
Religious Education
T.D. Jakes Satellite Location
Worship Services
Institutional Betterment Programs:
None at this time.
Other Ongoing Programs:
Pre-Release Counseling
Corrections Distance Learning Network
Distance Broadcast of 100 hour Transition Program
P.R.I.D.E. Programs:
None at this time.
Community Work Squads:
Dept. of Transportation - 0 Squads
Public Work Squads- 0 Squads
Interagency Community Service Work Squads - No
Please post any additional information (or anything else that we should know!!):

Visitation Hours
Visiting Rules (not the ones listed in the 33s, but first hand knowledge rules, things they do and dont pick at, etc)
Visiting Hints (attire, what time you should get up there, is it crowded first thing in the AM, do you get a number? etc)
Visiting Procedures Do they use the old system by just taking your ID and giving you a slip, or are they using the computer hand check-in system?
Visiting Room (Does it have indoor and outdoor visiting rooms? Big/Sm?)
Lodging Nearby

robslady
02-09-2005, 09:02 PM
My guy was just transferred to Charlotte C.I. If anyone has a loved one there, I would appreciate any information.

Starchild
02-10-2005, 09:04 AM
robslady, my friend was there for a while. I don't know how much I can help you out with specific info as I never visited there or anything, but if I can help, pm me.

leeroyfree
02-14-2005, 06:40 AM
My guy was just transferred to Charlotte C.I. If anyone has a loved one there, I would appreciate any information.

I did time there 2 years ago it was a mental instituion for those on meds dealing with mental problems and hiv problems. there was not a big open population as it was also part lock down.

JODI GIRL
04-13-2005, 01:56 PM
my husband was there for about 2 years i have to say it was better than being in the panhandle. were he spent most of his time 10 years. the guards were ok you were aloud to bring a deck of cards in, and there were some toys for kids to play with. and the food wasnt so bad. its been two years since he left so i cant speak for how it is now. but from what i was told it is going to be a closed managment camp. hope this helps

ms. pulga
05-23-2006, 05:51 AM
Well i can tell you about this camp, very racist, rude and when they dont like an inmate believe me they will make hi life impossible. my fiance was just put in confinment fo caressing my face and is now being accussed of slapping me. i hate this camp. It is currently inder investigation for Excessive abuse by officers in Inmates. i know someone who's man was just transfered and is now sueing because an officer oured hot coffee all over the inmate and burned him. i fear for my husband life.

LadyMel2626
08-17-2007, 09:12 PM
does anyone have a loved one here my man is here and i was hoping to conversate with others in my situation who have a loved one there too!

4evermyfrankie
10-31-2007, 06:00 AM
Well, my fiance' isn't there, but I live in Charlotte County, and he's going to put in for a transfer so he can be closer to me, later this year.

My guy is actually in Okeechobee right now.

If you ever need to talk don't hesitate to just PM me!

spankssnowbunny
11-01-2007, 07:18 PM
My man is at Charlotte County. If you need someone to holla at, I'm here, just PM me.

gera
04-11-2008, 08:39 AM
I just found out that my pen pal has been transferred to Charlotte C.I. this week. Can anyone tell me, how it is like there? I'm also interested in visitation. Is mail going alright?

spankssnowbunny
04-17-2008, 10:30 AM
I just found out that my pen pal has been transferred to Charlotte C.I. this week. Can anyone tell me, how it is like there? I'm also interested in visitation. Is mail going alright?

It sucks!!!!! Charlotte CI is a training camp for guards so they have all the various types of situations guards might encounter in a DOC prison (ie. confinement, psyche, open bay dorm, cell dorms). At one point I had some respect for the facility as when I visited often we never had any problem, but all that changed when my man got a DR and went to confinement. They did not follow policy on DR's. They did not give him credit for the 10 days he spent in Administrative Review before his DR hearing. They lied and said he refused to call someone on his visitation list. The warden was rude when I called and asked questions. Little do they know, DOC personnel can be really stupid; you never really know who is on the other end of the phone line. You get more bees with honey. I could be an attorney, a State Representative, someone from Regional office checking on the facility, or someone in a profession that may come in contact with one of your family and an elephant never forgets.

I wish you and your penpal lots of luck!!!!!

gera
04-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh, that doesn't give me much hope, bunny... He asked for a transfer from Hardee to somewhere else himself, hoping to get better of it and to move closer to his family. But this prison wasn't on his preference-list... He's even further away from his family!
I visited him a month ago in Hardee. I don't know when he was transferred. I haven't heard from him since the visit, and I'm really worried. It's not like him at all. There were always mailproblems with Hardee, I was hoping it would become better now...
Anyway, no letter in 4 weeks...!

spankssnowbunny
04-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Oh, that doesn't give me much hope, bunny... He asked for a transfer from Hardee to somewhere else himself, hoping to get better of it and to move closer to his family. But this prison wasn't on his preference-list... He's even further away from his family!
I visited him a month ago in Hardee. I don't know when he was transferred. I haven't heard from him since the visit, and I'm really worried. It's not like him at all. There were always mailproblems with Hardee, I was hoping it would become better now...
Anyway, no letter in 4 weeks...!

From what I was originally told Charlotte is better for the inmates.....not alot of animosity amongst the inmates.....now I'm not so sure. Don't worry.....I'm sure he's fine. As for mail.....I couldn't tell you since I don't get mail often and when I do it seems to only take 2-3 days.

Good luck to you both.

David'swifey2
06-03-2008, 10:31 AM
My husbands at Charlotte C.I. and let me tell you everytime i call to get info about his pending cm review his classification officer is an ASS!!!! I HATE THAT PLACE....But yes he is there and it would be really nice to talk to someone else who has a loved one there...Hope to hear from you real soon...Hugs, Miranda

erickany23
07-12-2008, 12:48 AM
my fiance is at charlotte as well he has only been there a couple weeks, so im praying he is ok...as for me i live all the way in ny so i will only be able to see him like once every few months, so yes i would love to meet someone on here that i can talk to so when i cant talk to or see him i can still get some sense of what is going on there.....lease feel free to hit me up, and who knows maybe when i do get down there for a visit we can complain to each other about these bids...lol

David'swifey2
07-12-2008, 08:36 AM
does anyone have a loved one here my man is here and i was hoping to conversate with others in my situation who have a loved one there too!

My husband is there...so if you would like to chat please feel free...i think it would be great to have someone who's hubby is in the same place...Hope to hear from you soon...

dulley's girl
12-06-2008, 01:03 PM
do anyone know some one in charlotte ci

grace101
01-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Hi
My son was jsut transfered to Charlotte CI, I can seem to get a lot out of one Classification Officer but not his. He issupposed to be out of confinement by the end of January. He turned 19 inside of a box but wrote me a very nice letter that day. CCI is a long way from me so hopefully he can after 16 months be able to call home in February. IF anyone wants to talk about anything, the facility, your loved one..the weather...msg me. I knowhow hard this is. I am working myself to death trying to occupy my mind.
I can say that since he hs been there he is mre grounded and communicative which is good. He said they play a lot of country music or really any kind of music. He said, there are alot of poplehere that want to make it in the music business..Which is good..long term goals right?

erickany23
02-09-2009, 11:10 PM
i will be going to charlotte...anyone wanna ride let me know, im gonna be in tampa thursday until the visit sat morning then staying in ft. myers until sunday....

erickany23

love baby
07-15-2009, 06:09 PM
My boyfriend was just transfered today to Charlotte. He called me and told me his custody level is close custody or close management. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? But I told him I find out a lot of info from others going through the samething as me and asked me to find out some info on thi camp. So if anyone has any info what so ever plz let me know. Visitation, phone, custody level, what kind of programs do they offer or he can sign up for, he was sentenced to 5 years how long would he have to stay there to request a transfer. ANY INFO AT ALL WOULD HELP US. But one good thing is he is only 2 maybe 3 hours away from me. Since he jsut got there how long is it gonna take him to get the visitation forms and how long does it normally take to approve. How are the visit there how do they go, how often are they on lock down, what can they do on there free time, can I send him books, ANY INFO PLZ. thx.

love baby
07-15-2009, 06:31 PM
I know this is an old thread but my man was just transferred there today, and I wanted to know if anyone can give me info on this camp plz. Any info would be great. From the big things to the little.

love baby
07-15-2009, 06:32 PM
My boyfriend was just transfered today to Charlotte. He called me and told me his custody level is close custody or close management. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? But I told him I find out a lot of info from others going through the samething as me and asked me to find out some info on thi camp. So if anyone has any info what so ever plz let me know. Visitation, phone, custody level, what kind of programs do they offer or he can sign up for, he was sentenced to 5 years how long would he have to stay there to request a transfer. ANY INFO AT ALL WOULD HELP US. But one good thing is he is only 2 maybe 3 hours away from me. Since he jsut got there how long is it gonna take him to get the visitation forms and how long does it normally take to approve. How are the visit there how do they go, how often are they on lock down, what can they do on there free time, can I send him books, ANY INFO PLZ. thx.

ben's girl
07-15-2009, 07:00 PM
You can send books to him through any bookstore such as Books-A-Million, Borders, etc. Just make sure you send them using regular US Mail and NOT any kind of overnight delivery.

You can go ahead and mail your visitation form to the address of the facility to the attention of Classification. Once you are approved they will notify your boyfriend or you can call his Classification Officer to find out. I was approved in about 2 weeks from when I mailed the form.

He will have to stay at Charlotte for 1 year before he can request a transfer at which time he will meet with his Classification Officer for an annual progress review. At this time he can put in his request for the transfer.

Florida prisons generally do not go on lockdown unless there is an incident at the facility. Mainly the YO facilities are on lockdown because of all the fights, etc that happen there, but not usually the adult facilities.

As far as his free time. He should have recreational time 3 times a day and he will be assigned a job (kitchen, laundry, grounds, houseman, etc). When he's not on the rec yard, he'll either be at his job or in the dorm more than likely.

love baby
07-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Thankyou so much Ben's Girl for ur response. Do u know the times he'll be able to call me weekdays/weekends. And if there is any information u thunk that could help us adjust to this camp or things u think I should know about this camp good or bad plz don't hold back. Thx again

love baby
07-15-2009, 07:05 PM
One more thing can I fax my visitation form in?

ben's girl
07-15-2009, 07:09 PM
I don't know anything specific about Charlotte. Have you checked the DOC website to see what programs, if any, it states the facility offers?

As far as faxing the forms, some let you fax it and some don't. When my mom was sending hers in they wouldn't let us fax it, but other facilities will. Never hurts to call and ask. ;)

Danya
07-15-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm not positive, but I think close custody is much more restrictive than other custody levels. Mostly violent offenders.

ben's girl
07-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Close custody and Close Management are 2 different things.

Close custody: Close custody refers to that class of inmates who must be maintained within an armed perimeter or under direct, armed supervision when outside of a secure perimeter.

Close Management:

What is Close Management?

A) Close Management (CM) is confinement of an inmate apart from the general inmate population.

B) This status is designed to house inmates who commit acts that threaten the safety of others, threaten the security of the institution, or demonstrate an inability to live in the general population without abusing the rights and privileges of others.

love baby
07-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Thankyou for ur responses. He got moved today when he called I checked the website and it said he was still in SFRC so I just checked now to see if they updated it and they did. His custody level is medium. So my question now is why would he be in close management. He just got there and he didn't have no DR or anything like that. So why would his custody level be medium but he was placed in closed? I'm confused.

KELO'SWiFE
12-10-2009, 09:43 PM
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY INFO ON CHARLOTTE CI?
I DON'T LIVE TOO FAR FROM THERE &' MY HUBBY WANTS TO PUT IN FOR A TRANSFER WHEN HE GOES FOR HIS REVIEW IN FEBRUARY.

ANY INFO ON THE CAMP &' VISITATION WOULD BE GREAT!!!
THANKS!

- KELBO'SWiFE

love baby
12-11-2009, 02:45 AM
Let me warn u ahead of time. DON"T LET HIM TRANSFER THERE!!! First of all as far as the inmates there fine, really no problems with them, they pretty much just stick to there lil groups. But the CO's forget about it. They treat u what ever way they want to and don't care, like they literally pick the smallest things to make a big thing out of. Visitation, is the worse, it is very very strict. They call them down right away but takes them about 15 minutes just to get to the visiting park. There really isn't that many ppl that get visit there so there are more eyes on u. I've tried making little conversations with the officers in the visiting park but they were just plain out rude. Oh and the best part is, CO'S LIKE TO MAKE THINGS UP, I am not the only one that has gone through something like this at the same camp, there is another person on here that has gone through the visiting CO's making things up during visitation. Just please take my advice and do not let him put a transfer in to that camp! I know it may be closer to you and what's better then that, but I really don't think it is worth it. On top of that they really don't have any programs or anything like that, and there definitley is no work release. They don't even have a trade or classes! I hope ur love one does not go there.

KELO'SWiFE
12-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Let me warn u ahead of time. DON"T LET HIM TRANSFER THERE!!! First of all as far as the inmates there fine, really no problems with them, they pretty much just stick to there lil groups. But the CO's forget about it. They treat u what ever way they want to and don't care, like they literally pick the smallest things to make a big thing out of. Visitation, is the worse, it is very very strict. They call them down right away but takes them about 15 minutes just to get to the visiting park. There really isn't that many ppl that get visit there so there are more eyes on u. I've tried making little conversations with the officers in the visiting park but they were just plain out rude. Oh and the best part is, CO'S LIKE TO MAKE THINGS UP, I am not the only one that has gone through something like this at the same camp, there is another person on here that has gone through the visiting CO's making things up during visitation. Just please take my advice and do not let him put a transfer in to that camp! I know it may be closer to you and what's better then that, but I really don't think it is worth it. On top of that they really don't have any programs or anything like that, and there definitley is no work release. They don't even have a trade or classes! I hope ur love one does not go there.

WOW! OKAY.. I WILL DEFINITELY TELL HIM NOT TO BOTHER PUTTING IN TO GO THERE.
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO! I REALLY DON'T LIKE MOORE HAVEN (WHERE HE'S AT NOW), BUT - IT'S ONLY ABOUT AN HOUR &' A HALF FROM ME &' THAT'S NOT BAD CONSIDERING I WAS DRIVING 7 HOURS TO SEE HIM AT ONE POINT.
- KELBO'SWiFE

tampagirl23
12-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Charlotte also has Close Management there, so I would really stay away from there is you can. As for places close to Ft Myers - Hendry, Desoto, and Hardee if you need three options. Hendry would be his best bet.

KELO'SWiFE
12-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Charlotte also has Close Management there, so I would really stay away from there is you can. As for places close to Ft Myers - Hendry, Desoto, and Hardee if you need three options. Hendry would be his best bet.

THANKS TAMPAGIRL!
HOW'S VISO AT HENDRY??

-- KELBO'SWiFE

ben's girl
12-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Your guy hasn't been at Moore Haven long, has he? He'll have to be there for 1 year before he can request another transfer.

KELO'SWiFE
12-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Your guy hasn't been at Moore Haven long, has he? He'll have to be there for 1 year before he can request another transfer.

OHH, REALLY? YEA, HE'S ONLY BEEN THERE ABOUT 4 MONTHS NOW.
WHEN I SPOKE WITH HIS CO SHE TOLD ME HE COULD PUT IN FOR A TRANSFER IN FEB. AT HIS 6 MONTHS REVIEW.
MAYBE SHE WAS JUST TELLING ME ANYTHING...?
WOULD HE HAVE TO BE THERE A YEAR IN ORDER TO PUT IN TO GO TO A WORK CAMP ALSO?

-- KELBO'SWiFE

amickeyfan
12-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Just from living near Charlotte CI, I have heard the horror stories about the CO's there and to be honest, I think they are much like the ones in the Lee County Jail.. many of them are not the best either. Living in Ft Myers, I am sure you know what I am talking about. I am in the Cape, not far from you. The CO's here seem to think they can do what they want to you. There are a few that are decent, but for the most part, they think their poop doesn't stink. I hated to even visit at the County Jail. They treated me like the criminal. I complained several times to Mike Scott!

ben's girl
12-12-2009, 10:51 AM
OHH, REALLY? YEA, HE'S ONLY BEEN THERE ABOUT 4 MONTHS NOW.
WHEN I SPOKE WITH HIS CO SHE TOLD ME HE COULD PUT IN FOR A TRANSFER IN FEB. AT HIS 6 MONTHS REVIEW.
MAYBE SHE WAS JUST TELLING ME ANYTHING...?
WOULD HE HAVE TO BE THERE A YEAR IN ORDER TO PUT IN TO GO TO A WORK CAMP ALSO?

-- KELBO'SWiFE

I just noticed your ticker and that he has less than 2 years left. I believe it is after 6 months if they have 2 years or less. I didn't notice that before. Sorry for any confusion.

KELO'SWiFE
12-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Just from living near Charlotte CI, I have heard the horror stories about the CO's there and to be honest, I think they are much like the ones in the Lee County Jail.. many of them are not the best either. Living in Ft Myers, I am sure you know what I am talking about. I am in the Cape, not far from you. The CO's here seem to think they can do what they want to you. There are a few that are decent, but for the most part, they think their poop doesn't stink. I hated to even visit at the County Jail. They treated me like the criminal. I complained several times to Mike Scott!

OHH, BELIEVE ME.. I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT LEE COUNTY VISITATION!
I'M SOOO HAPPY WE DON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH THAT ANYMORE. PLUS, THEY USED TO KEEP MY MAN BEHIND THE STEEL DOOR JUST BECAUSE OF HIS REPUTATION IN THE COUNTY EVEN THOUGH HE HADN'T BEEN IN TROUBLE IN SOME YEARS. BULLSHIT.
BUT, I TOLD HIM ABOUT EVERYTHING I'VE BEEN HEARING ABOUT CHARLOTTE &' HE SAYS NO MATTER WHERE HE GOES, THE GUARDS WILL BE NASTY &' THERE WILL ALWAYS BE ISSUES. WHICH IS TRUE..
I TOLD HIM TO EITHER TRY TO GET TO HENDRY &' PUT IN TO GO TO FT. MYERS WORK CAMP OR TO JUST STAY WHERE HE'S AT NOW.
WE DON'T HAVE TOO MUCH LONGER, SO - I GUESS I CAN DEAL WITH MOORE HAVEN'S BS A LITTLE WHILE LONGER. :cool:
- KELBO'SWiFE

KELO'SWiFE
12-12-2009, 03:50 PM
I just noticed your ticker and that he has less than 2 years left. I believe it is after 6 months if they have 2 years or less. I didn't notice that before. Sorry for any confusion.

THANKS BEN'SGIRL!
YEA, WHEN I TALKED TO HIM THIS MORNING, I MENTIONED HIM HAVING TO WAIT A YEAR FOR ANOTHER TRANSFER, BUT - HE SAID THAT'S ONLY IF HE HAD OVER 2 YEARS TO GO.
WHICH THANKFULLY WE'RE ALMOST DOWN TO 12 MONTHS!
BUT, I HOPE THEY WILL GET HIM MOVED SHORTLY AFTER HE PUTS THE REQUEST IN &' NOT TAKE MONTHS TO MOVE HIM SUCH A SHORT DISTANCE.
I WANTED TO ASK YOU IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FT.MYERS WORK CAMP... I KNOW HE HAS TO GO TO HENDRY FIRST, BUT - ONCE HE GETS THERE, HOW LONG BEFORE HE GETS PUT ON THE LIST TO GO TO THE WORK CAMP IN FT.MYERS.
ALSO... HIS CUSTODY LEVEL HAS BEEN MEDIUM SINCE HE WENT IN &' IT STIL HASN'T DROPPED.
HIS CO TOLD ME THAT SINCE HIS SENTENCE WAS MANDATORY, IT WILL TAKE LONGER FOR IT TO DROP...?
BUT, DOESN'T HE HAVE TO AT LEAST BE MINIMUM TO GO TO A WORK CAMP? OR IS THAT WORK RELEASE?
THANKS!
- KELBO'SWiFE

DsAngial
12-31-2009, 11:22 AM
Hello All -
I have just found out that my boyfriend has been sent to Charlotte CI. Can anyone give me information on visitation, phones, etc... of this facility? Any help/guidance would be much appreciated!
Thank you!

DsAngial
01-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Ok everyone, just found out that they use CBS (Correctional Billing Systems) there :)

love baby
01-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Um well I wish I had good things to tell u, but the only good thing I can tell you is..... the inmates are for the most part are fine. My man was just transferred out of there thank god. For the most part he did stay to himself, and only spoke with very few, but there really weren't no fights all the guys pretty much just stuck to there own lil group and what not. The inmates do have a lil football team going on there at least they did in Aug. my man was on the team with the guys and that's how they used there free time. As far as the guards.....they are complete asses. I know prison is not suppose to be easy. The one guard that I can really say is pretty cool from what my man told me is a lady that they all call grandma. They said she's really the only one that is nice, but she can be a bitch too LOL. As far as the visits, clothes never really had a problem with, they just say ur shirt must go over ur hips, or u have to wear a sweater, and if you wear a white shirt BRING A SWEATER, even if u can't see through it, still bring it. They pretty much stick to the rules and if they see u are braking a rule or doin something that u shouldn't be doing the guard will come up to the table and ask ur loved one to get up take a few steps, speak a few words and that's that. But if they ask ur loved one to get up and he goes behind the curtain, u will not see him again!!! U can take pix, but ur hands everyones hands have to be in view at all times, if they can not see everyones hands in the pixture u will not get ur pix when the visit is over. They are pretty strict with the picture u do send in the mail though. I know how we like to take SPECIAL pix for our loved ones, just make sure u are not touching urself anywhere, they will reject the whole thing and return it with the words NUDITY in big letter across the envelope for all to see. I sent my man 2 books and we did have a problem with them where they were recieved but he never got them so we had to resend them again, this time I was on top of it so he did get them. I did send him a subscription of XXL mag, but he never recieved any of them cuz they said they were inappropriate even though others had them. If a guard don't like him they will pick on him. This one guard always use to pick on my man and everytime she would find something wrong with him ex. he had a rosary she asked him where he got it from he said south Florida, she asked if it was in his property and he said yea she checked and it was, but after that she would always pick on him. They did count one day and this boy standing right next to my man had all this hair on his face and just said to my man Dam she checkin are grooming, she gonna make me go shave, but no she don't say nothing to the guys and goes and tells my man he has to shave and he had no hair on his face. But what really topped it was when him and I were visiting at the end of August and not even an hour into our visit I'm sitting across from him and we just talking bout the kids and the family and all a sudden they ask him to get up, we didn't know what was goin on. Well I'm not sure if I can say the name on here so if u wanna know just PM me, but she mad a false report and my man was thrown in the box, found guilty at his DR hearing cuz they couldn't get a hold of me, mean while I was callin them every day tryin to find out what was going on. You really don't have to worry bout waiting in a long line for vizo. I never really had to wait. IDK where it is anywhere else cuz my man still can't get visits but they only allow one family in at a time, all others have to wait outside rain or shine. They do have an outside park, but if they don't feel like goin outside they won't open it. The phones are on all day Sat. and Sun. but are shut off every night at 10pm. Plz tell him to try to stay away from confinement, there ur in ur cel 24/7 u are only allowed out of ur cel 3 times a week and that is only to shower and that is it. And they barely feed u. I think I gave u more then what u were lookin for, I just want to prepare u for this piece of crap camp. They don't even have any programs. If our loved one wants to get there GED they can't if there in Open Pop. If you have any other questions just PM me. But my advice TRANSFER OUT OF THERE ASAP. Like I said before I know prison is not suppose to be easy, but it's not suppose to be the way they run it. Oh yea and when u call with a problem they tell u what u wanna hear.

DsAngial
01-03-2010, 07:20 AM
love baby - Thank you sooooo much! You gave me both, the good and the bad. You are right, it's not supposed to be easy. But there is a certain level of humanity that these guys are still entitled to.
My boyfriend has only been there about 4 days at this point - so, I am sure he is still getting used to things. I have not had a phone call yet, though hopefully soon. Question - when you said that during visit only 1 family was alooed at a time, did you mean only 1 person? Or just his immediate family... I do plan on going to visit, just will have his mom and other family members with me.
You also mentioned that you sent him books and a magazine subscription. That is actually great to hear! I know that he would love to have those things. Is there certain parameters around this?? I am going to PM you if you don't mind with some other questions.
Again- Thanks so much!!

ben's girl
01-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Most inmates are only allowed to have 4 magazines subscriptions at one time and are only allowed to have 4 books in their property at one time. You can only mail up to 4 books at one time, too. They won't hold more books until he finishes the others.

The 1 family at time thing should be all people visiting 1 inmate regardless of their relationship to that inmate. I've never been to a prison that processess visitors this way, but when they call us up for processing it's always everyone there to see the inmate.

DsAngial
01-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks Ben's Girl -

I really appreciate the guidance on the mags / books. I am looking forward to sending him some stuff :)

love baby
01-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Yea that's what I meant by 1 family at a time. Everyone there to see that loved one all get processed at the sametime.

love baby
01-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Yea that's what I meant by 1 family at a time. Everyone there to see that loved one all get processed at the sametime.
Oh and in Charlotte there only allowed 3 books at a time.

ben's girl
01-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Oh and in Charlotte there only allowed 3 books at a time.

Did your bf keep a book in his property? And where Ben is right now they consider his dictionary and thesaurus as a book even tho they aren't supposed to. :blah:

love baby
01-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Did your bf keep a book in his property? And where Ben is right now they consider his dictionary and thesaurus as a book even tho they aren't supposed to. :blah:
I only sent him 2 cuz the other one he wanted wasn't in stock so we were keeping that other slot for his other book since he was 3 hrs away. He was gonna donate them to the lib. but they gave him a bunch of bs, so he just lept them and passed them around to everyone else. As of right now he still has 2 books in his property that I have to wait for them to approve me to pick them up.

Fencie
01-04-2010, 05:52 PM
I think only religious books are exempt from the count. Am too busy to go look it up right now ...

ben's girl
01-04-2010, 08:53 PM
I think only religious books are exempt from the count. Am too busy to go look it up right now ...

I believe so too, but this property sgt is less than friendly. He also rec'd his calendar the other day and some other person in property said the calendar counted as a book! Go figure...he'll deal with that one the next time he gets books.

DsAngial
01-07-2010, 08:02 AM
I spoke with his C/O the other day for a bit and got a little more information - they can have 4 books and 4 magazines at any one given time.

samandme
01-12-2010, 11:32 AM
my guy was just transferred to charlotte c.i. If anyone has a loved one there, i would appreciate any information.

what kind of info do you need?

samandme
01-12-2010, 11:37 AM
My boyfriend has been at charlotte ci for about 6 months

love baby
01-12-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm sorry but..... I feel for all of you that have a loved one in Charlotte! I do hope you have a better experience then me!

samandme
02-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Hello my fiance is ther been there for well a while. This facility is so messed up...the guards are asses...close management means he is not in open pop, meaning his visits have to be set up for special visits he must of go in trouble in prison..i go every sat and sun because i want everyone there to know that im there and if i ever go there and cant see him for any reason i want them to show me his face...you will hear stories abouth charloote ci they are under investigation and have been for a good while they hand cuff inmates and beat them break something im telling you. I want everyone to call the inspector for that resaon... If you have any questions let me know...

samandme
02-12-2010, 11:06 AM
My fiance is also medium i dont think it will change.

love baby
02-12-2010, 01:17 PM
close managment? Charlotte Transferred my man and where he is now his custody level is close. Does that mean I have to have a special visit set up in order to see him. He gets his visit back in March. I haven't seen him since August and I was seeing him every single weekend. Oh this would really suck if I have to set up a special visit.

NLov3WitCHARL3S
06-16-2010, 01:02 PM
does anyone know the visitation hours for Charlotte correctional???? cause my friends said it isn't the same as his old prison

love baby
06-16-2010, 10:01 PM
The last time I visited there was in August and it was 9-3. Actually if I'm not mistaken its 9-3 everywhere except the panhandle where it 8-2 because they are an hour behind us. But be careful with that camp. I'm glad we don't have to deal with it no more

MissinHim2016
09-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Wow my man got transfered to charlotte.. Neone know bout therr

dallaswife2b
09-19-2010, 02:42 AM
=MissinHim no king has never been there sorry i couldnt be helpful to you

love baby
09-19-2010, 11:16 AM
I have posted many things regarding this camp. It is not a good camp! If u read some of the other post in region 4 u will see why we didn't like it. There is also another girl on here who visited there as well and she too had problems with this camp. Here a heads up though BE CAREFUL IN VISITATION.

usfgirl10
09-19-2010, 08:03 PM
There's nothing wrong with it, My husbands there and I visit every weekend. I mean its a CM camp mostly so theres only about 200 in open pop so most people work in the chow hall.

Rizzum'sWifey
01-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know or had a boyfriend that has been able to stay at Charlotte after being taken off of close management? My boyfriend said that they never let inmates who are sent to charlotte to be placed on close management to stay after they are approved to return to open population??? He wants to stay at charlotte because it's only a 1 1/2 hrs from home, and the last camp he was at was region 1 and it was a 7hr drive and I wasn't able to visit him as much. Can anyone help me out???

love baby
01-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Does anyone know or had a boyfriend that has been able to stay at Charlotte after being taken off of close management? My boyfriend said that they never let inmates who are sent to charlotte to be placed on close management to stay after they are approved to return to open population??? He wants to stay at charlotte because it's only a 1 1/2 hrs from home, and the last camp he was at was region 1 and it was a 7hr drive and I wasn't able to visit him as much. Can anyone help me out???
My husband there and was not in close management and was in open pop.They prob won't transfer him.

Sasha555
09-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Are things still that bad at Charlotte C.I.? I had heard that things were better since they moved the "mental" inmates out of there. I thought the situation was improved ever since a guard and inmate were murdered in there during an escape attempt. My son is being transferred there in a few days. If anyone has any current up to date info, I sure would appreciate that so much. Thanks so much.

Sasha555
09-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Hi! Is your husband still at Charlotte? Has he had any problems? I heard so many negative things! My son is going there soon and I have been freaking out since I read all that. He has a short time to go and I don't want anything messing that up! Thanks so much for any info you may have. Good luck to you and your husband.

There's nothing wrong with it, My husbands there and I visit every weekend. I mean its a CM camp mostly so theres only about 200 in open pop so most people work in the chow hall.

mimachica
10-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Husband has been transfered to Charlotte CI. He is so far away. I havent seen him over 2 months :( I dont know why they transfer him so far away. My car isnt even in good shape to take me around the damn corner.:mad: My visitation application has been finally approved. He has been locked up for 11 months now on Oct. 17. Wishing I had a way to go see him. I talk to him every other day (only way to save as much money possible). I feel like everything is falling apart. Ive lost my job, my apartment, my husband, my best friend.... Been looking for work but havent been hired yet. On top of everything, he still has a pending case in Miami. I was able to write out a Motion to Transfer and Set Aside A/C Warrant which he has to re-write it. However, Im not sure if Im suppose to file with the Clerk of Courts or just mail it directly to the judges office. :confused: As I havent found any work locally; I've had to broaden my search. I even applied for jobs overseas. If it comes true I wont see him nor talk to him anymore. Im so devasted. However, he and I know tat I have to do what I go to do for us. I never thought we would make this far. Im glad we have. I wonder if Charlotte CI has conjugal visits?? Anyone knows?

Thanks,

Jackie

ben's girl
10-02-2011, 11:10 AM
I'm sorry you are struggling right now. I understand about not being able to visit often. My husband is 10 hours from me so I'm only visiting on holiday weekends now since we get more time.

FLDOC does not have family visits (conjugal visits) at any facility.

mimachica
10-02-2011, 11:15 AM
My husband says that it isnt as bad as it was before. The guards are bit of an assholes not all of them though. They are bit more strict though. When is your son being transferred?

Jackie

mimachica
10-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Thank you. Really appreciate it. Sorry about ur husband being so far away. Really sucks about not having any conjugal visits. Honestly, I dont know how long I can continue dealing wit this. I feel like im losing my mind. I'm sorry you are struggling right now. I understand about not being able to visit often. My husband is 10 hours from me so I'm only visiting on holiday weekends now since we get more time.

FLDOC does not have family visits (conjugal visits) at any facility.

LittleSunshine
10-20-2011, 12:04 PM
U have to file it with the clerk of courts. I'm sorry he is so far away, I wish ky hubby was there... Hr is in gulf for now :(

Keep ur head up love... Everything happens for a reason...no conjucal visits In Florida tho

SapphireRose137
04-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Hi everyone,
My boy friend is now in Charlotte and i will now be able to visit him and i am going this Saturday. I was wondering if any one can tell me how it is to visit there. Any thing i need to know. :p

I am very excited and worry at the same time. I have not seen him in many years. We write all the time and we use to talk on the phone but real life has gotten in the way of that.

Just looking for advice from you good peopel
SapphireRose

NAN425
04-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Have you checked the thread for Charlotte CI in the facilities forum? There may be info there.

Also, the visitation forum has lots of info about visitation at DOC facilities that applies statewide.

SapphireRose137
04-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks but there was some info but not that much i was just hoping to hear from someone who has been recently is all.

Have you checked the thread for Charlotte CI in the facilities forum? There may be info there.

Also, the visitation forum has lots of info about visitation at DOC facilities that applies statewide.

SapphireRose137
04-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Had a great visit on Saturday with my man. I was in heaven he was happy to have gotten a visit. Our first in too many years. Now that he is closer to us. We will go see him so much more.

geogy06
02-19-2013, 01:16 PM
My boyfriend was just transferred today to Charlotte. If anyone has a loved one there, I would appreciate any information.

SapphireRose137
02-23-2013, 01:13 PM
My boyfriend was just transferred today to Charlotte. If anyone has a loved one there, I would appreciate any information.

my Man was just transferred from there but i will try to answer any questions. he was there for 2 years. i was able to visit him there. a few times what did you need to know

geogy06
02-23-2013, 02:54 PM
How are the visitation? Also how are the officers and inmates? Any advices you would like to offer about this place? Thanks for responding.

Ruffiokat
03-24-2013, 01:25 AM
I have been searching high and low for a canteen list from this prison... anyone? I live in Canada and I have no way of finding out a price list or anything. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance :-)

NAN425
03-24-2013, 06:20 PM
I have been searching high and low for a canteen list from this prison... anyone? I live in Canada and I have no way of finding out a price list or anything. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance :-)

The canteen list is the same for all Florida DOC-run facilities. It's a state-wide contract. The list is published on the DOC website as part of the Keefe canteen company contract. Prices/items in the published contract may not be quite current though.

Anjewel
03-25-2013, 11:25 AM
I have emailed several institutions and private facilities to request canteen and property lists. I will share anything I get back....

Ruffiokat
03-28-2013, 01:05 AM
Thank you so much, you guys!!

xoxo

Ok.. so I found the list, but I`m not allowed to post a URL til after 25 posts, lol. If you want it, feel free to private msg me and I`ll be more than happy to send it to you :)

xxxlauren8685
03-28-2013, 04:22 PM
HI I was wondering if anyone knew what counts as a "local number" to this facility. My friend is in Charlotte and it's $3.00 for a 15 minute call, his friend has a 239 area code phone and it's only .50 a call but unfortunately all of those phone numbers are taken.

NAN425
04-04-2013, 09:40 PM
HI I was wondering if anyone knew what counts as a "local number" to this facility. My friend is in Charlotte and it's $3.00 for a 15 minute call, his friend has a 239 area code phone and it's only .50 a call but unfortunately all of those phone numbers are taken.

It has to be in the same area code to be a local call. But in my experience as long as its the same area code, Securus treats it as local, even if it's long distance when dialed on a regular phone.

Dabasics1
12-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Thank you so much, you guys!!

xoxo

Ok.. so I found the list, but I`m not allowed to post a URL til after 25 posts, lol. If you want it, feel free to private msg me and I`ll be more than happy to send it to you :)

Can you plz email that list n I'm going crazy my mans in there ar charlotte n his classification officer does nothing at all when I as k him question or tell him important info

nightbird
01-27-2015, 07:43 AM
Anyone current info on Charlotte, I knew it used to be a confinement and psych camp but what's the deal now in 2015???? Anyone currently visiting, updates appreciated.

xolady
01-27-2015, 10:11 AM
My husband was there up till nov 2013. He said it was horrible all custody levels. Lots of violence. Sorry this is probably not what you want to hear.

Jon's Mom
04-15-2015, 10:58 PM
Does anyone know anything about Charlotte's Institutional Betterment Program Life Path Group? Is it conducted by outside volunteers? Is it conducted by inmates?How long does it take to finish the program? A particular person at FCOR is really enthusiastic about it. Anything else that you would like to share.

Justin'sGirl
04-16-2015, 03:18 PM
It's ran by inmates. My boyfriend get frustrated, says it's an opportunity for power trips and the courses are very very slow. Not sure what classes your interested in.