1nonlyTeRe
10-19-2004, 10:11 PM
Glades Correctional Institution
o 500 Orange Avenue Circle
Belle Glade, Florida 33430-5222
o (561) 829-1400
o http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region4/406.html
o FAX: (561) 992-1355
o E-Mail: gladesci@mail.dc.state.fl.us (gladesci@mail.dc.state.fl.us)
o Chaplain's Office - (561) 829-1421
Directions: Take I-95 to West Palm Beach. Turn west onto Southern Boulevard. Drive approximately 42 miles to US-441 and turn left. Drive approximately ½ mile and entrance to institution will be on the right.

Historical Information: This facility was established in 1932 as Florida Prison Farm #2. Inmates were sent from Florida Prison Farm #1 in Raiford to grow fresh vegetables for state institutions. In 1951 it was renamed Glades State Prison Farm. In 1961 it became Glades C.I. housing 500 adult male minimum, medium custody inmates. In 1970 it began accepting close custody inmates. Currently, this facility houses adult male inmates. Glades Work Camp, Loxahatchee Road Prison, West Palm Beach Work Release Center and Atlantic Work Release Center are under the supervision of Glades C.I.

Total Staff (on 8/04): 368

Type of Housing Units:
Open Bay Housing Units - 0
Cell Housing Units - 4
Room Housing Units - 0
Total Capacity - 728 Other Information:
Population Gender - Male
Adult or Youthful - Adult
Facility Level - 4
Self Contained Housing Units - No
Designated Confinement Space - Yes
Custody Grades - Close, Medium, Minimum, Community
Medical Grades -1 and 3
Psychological Grades -1
Wheelchair Capabilities - No
Hearing Impaired Capabilities - No
Academic Programs:
None at this time. Vocational Programs:
Computer Electronic Technology
PC Support Services
Wellness Education Services:
Fresh Start Smoking Cessation
Wellness Education
Weight Training
Sports Leagues Library Services:
Library Program
Major Law Collection Substance Abuse Programs:
Alcoholics Anonymous
Narcotics Anonymous Chaplaincy Services:
Chapel Library Program
Kairos Week-ends
Religious Education
T.D. Jakes Satellite Location
Worship Services Institutional Betterment Programs:
None at this time. Other Ongoing Programs:
Anger & Stress Management
Veteran's Support Group P.R.I.D.E. Programs:
None at this time.Community Work Squads:
Dept. of Transportation - 15 Squads
Public Work Squads - 4 Squads
Interagency Community Service Work Squads - No
Contracted Work Squads - 3 Squads

Please post any additional information (or anything else that we should know!!):

Visitation Hours
Visiting Rules (not the ones listed in the 33’s, but first hand knowledge rules, things they do and don’t pick at, etc)
Visiting Hints (attire, what time you should get up there, is it crowded first thing in the AM, do you get a number? etc)
Visiting Procedures – Do they use the old system by just taking your ID and giving you a slip, or are they using the computer hand check-in system?
Visiting Room (Does it have indoor and outdoor visiting rooms? Big/Sm?)
Lodging Nearby

outafter8years
10-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Recently released from Glades C.I.

The visitation check in per my wife was the computerized method, and has been for some time.

The visitation park has 2 sections - inside and outside - outside is only partial smoking. inside is usally well a/c'd.

The VP is small in general - visitation is normal hours 9-3 and is interrupted by one head count - if they get it right. (usually 2)

The staff at GCI are pretty lax in general, although they go through periods of 'tightening down', and then it lets up again.

In general the staff is quite forgiving - [read: lazy] and do not beat you up to much on the rules - unless you or your inmate are a 'troublemaker' or 'high profile'.

The facility itself (from an inmates view) is a 'walk in the park' compared to other camps and is pretty 'easy time'. The programs are lacking and there really is not much to do, choice-wise for job assignments.

floridamom03
10-21-2004, 06:55 PM
GLADES WORK CAMP

It has 2 visiting place inside and outside both very small. Normally not to busy on sat morning. Fills by noon.

Co are alright. ive seen them nicer.

not to many things for kids toys ect. no place for them to run outside.

Check in yuou what in a line and they check you id search you and your in. They start check in around 8:30 - 9:00. line normally starts at 8:30

any question feel free to ask

floridamom03
10-21-2004, 06:57 PM
GLADES CORRECTIONAL INSTUTION

You have to be there at 7am or earlyier to wait in line and get a number then come back at 8:30 to wait in line again. Big outdoor and indoor visiting area.

Sundays you can go to church.
Co's nice.

They are picky about you clothes. You have to have sleeves on your shirts.

Have a good selection of food. different things like coffee and choclate milk, hot chocalte, desserts, ect

any questions just ask

outafter8years
10-21-2004, 08:20 PM
I am sorry - I did forget about their strictness on the Dress Code.
I cant count how many times the wife had to go to WalMArt to get a new blouse cause she kept forgetting...

I think it was the CO's to have control over the visitors and throw their weight around....

sweetpea
10-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Thank you for posting all this information, it is going to be so helpful to our members, new and old!! :)

I know the feeling of the Wal-Mart trip, thank goodness there is one so close to my husband's camp. After the first year I decided bringing extra clothes with me was much easier!!!

randys_girl4eva
04-27-2005, 01:33 AM
glades correctional

my boyfriend is here and it's ok and visitation part inside is big and the one outside is a decent size. they are picky about the dress code when i use to wear sleeveless shirts i had to wear a jacket.most of the guard are pretty cool but you know it's going to be at least one guard that going to hate. they have a huge selections of food to eat.the only thing i don't like it that you have to get a number and then you still can't get in until a hour late at 8am so you have to get there at least 7 am if you want a good number but there will be some people there that's been there overnight and slept in their cars. but overall it's ok

Mrs. T
12-22-2005, 08:51 AM
Randys girl4eva.......

Is your boyfriend still there? I have a few questions. Would you mind taking the time to PM me?

KKCasey50
10-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Is Glades C.I. and the work camp housed together? Can anyone give me any up to date info on visiting and etc. Any info is appreciated especially for arrival time and visiting with children..... Thanks so much!!!!!

Kimi06
01-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Hello to you I am new to the site I am Kimi06 a dear friend of mine
Is in Glades and I just wanted to know how does the visiting process
Work there and are the CO's really strict on out of state visits because I
Am not living in Florida and would be comming a good way could you
Give me suggestions.....Thank You

Kimi06
01-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Hello, I am new to the site and I have a dear friend at Glades
And I was wondering how the visits are here if you are from
Out of state are they very strict on that? Just curious I still
Have family in Florida and will be visiting there during the summer
And at that time is when I will be visit him so I was curious
Could you give me any help....Kimi :o)

MRSWALLACE23
04-15-2007, 01:02 AM
this info was really helpful, i'll be leaving in about 3 hours to take my mom and my sister to see my moms ex-husband, my sisters biological father that hasn't seen her since she was 2 months old (she's now 19 about to be 20 in may). He doesn't know their coming. I unfortunately can't go because i'm on my fiance's visit list and an individual can't be on two inmates visit list unless at least one inmate is a family member. We're about 1 hr 20 minutes away and I told them we'd leave home at 6:45 to get there at 8am but now that I see you have to get a number and go back, I just had to let everyone know we're leaving at 6 instead. Thanks guys.

If only i'd thought to come to this thread earlier because I really wanted to find a mall or theatre or anything close by that I could kill time at instead of coming all the way back to miami. When I look online everything is further east--about an hours drive, at that rate, I may as well come home. I wouldn't waste money that way, buying crap I really don't need!!!!

MRSWALLACE23
04-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Well, I made the drive out to Glades today and decided I'd come back and post. They do not allow more than one pair of earrings and only one necklace, one bracelet, etc. etc. Like most other prisons, the rules that day depend on who's checking you in. The ladies there said that they were told shoes have to have at least a quarter inch of a heel---this is in attempts to cut out flip flops. They take inventory of all jewelry on your way in and check it again on your way out. You must leave with all you came in with. They also state they don't allow white clothing but again, you still see people in visit with white clothes. I didn't actually visit, my mom and sister did, but that's what I got from them. It''s not too bad of a drive from Miami. I passed South Bay C.I. on the way, but there is really nothing out there besides fast food places (mcdonalds, burger king, pizza hut, wendys, kfc), winn dixie and motels.

Jonathansgirl
05-08-2007, 01:40 PM
can anyone tell me what to do, not do or expect on my 1st Glades visit?
I am very cnfused about the 1/4 inch shoe heel? can some one tell me or give me example of what shoe is OKAY?

nightbird
05-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Some prisons do allow flat sandals but I'd be careful on the first visit and see what everyone else has on, my kids and I keep sox and sneaks in the trunk of our car all the time,. my husbands facility allows open toe and heal sandals but I have heard others don't.
Do you have to wear heels, I don't know much about them, some ladies where pumps when we visit.

miamidolfangirl
07-03-2008, 12:30 PM
I am so frustrated with how the officers treat the visitors during visitation. This is the worst camp I have been to in 8 years. When you try to talk to a white shirt about a problem, they laugh at you and then the tension is worse. They start hoovering over you. Then there are the new people in training. There is one officer she has been their like a month and she thinks she is Gods greatest gift. I tried to inform her my husband was in the kitchen and if she didn't call the kitchen he wouldn't know he had a visit and she told me she wasn't going to call the kitchen she was going to call the dorm and I am not to tell her what to do.

Who do these people think they are? I am free, I am not an inmate they can disrespect.

When you tell a white shirt your problem, they go and make something up about the inmate and write a cc. How can I help my husband get out of this God aweful camp. He is so miserable. He has been there for 14 months and we have given this place pleanty of time to adjust but they are just down right ignorant almost to the point of stupidity.

I have never been treated so poorly. I hate this place and they continually treat my husband bad. The officers their are very racist as well. If you are white or hispanic they treat you very bad.

I worry about my husband and I know his patience is running out. I don't want him to snap and have them send him far away. I wouldn't be able to go and visit him like I could if he were closer. (like Martin or Everglades)

I am at a loss I have called his classification officer who was no help at all. He said for my husband to send a request, but he doesn't even get the requests they are all signed by someone else and they are always negative.

This may sound like I am just venting, maybe I am I just don't have anyone else to vent to. Thanks for listening.:angry:

JackieFlorida
07-09-2008, 10:45 PM
I am sorry - it is hard to be at their mercy. It is horrible that if you complain they will take it out on him. I really don't have any advice.

miamidolfangirl
07-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Just an update, I am feeling better... Trying not to stress as much and not to let them get to me. I spoke to his classification officer again and he said he would try to do something. I said I would call him every couple of days to see what is going on, so his classification officer said I guess your not going to leave me alone till I do. I told him he got that right. He said he would talk to me on Monday. I said ok.. talk to you then. This conversation took place yesterday. So who knows maybe he will do something. I know he put in to have my husbands custody level dropped and as of July 6th it was dropped to minimum.

I will just have to continue playing the game the way they want me to.. by being persistant and annoying them the way they annoy me.

FloridaDefender
09-30-2008, 02:17 PM
I think it's hard for a CO to turn off the switch at work when dealing with a visitor or resident.

For perspective, when I worked with the SAO, i visited a prison to take a statement from a CO who was attacked, and I was given a hard time. I basically said "are you out of your fucking mind, I'm a prosecutor trying to help one of your co-workers and I feel like I'm checking in."

But not everyone is like that. Hell, even people with completely stressfree jobs treat people like crap sometimes.

Don't take it personal and do what you have to do to get a peace of mind regarding your loved one. He sounds lucky to have your perserverance.

CalendarLady
10-06-2008, 12:38 PM
HI All,

My husband has just been transferred to Glades CI. Can anyone tell me what their loved ones experience is like there and how is visitation? Is visitation 2 days or just one? I am new at this. So any information would really be helpful.

miamidolfangirl
10-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Ok, here it goes... I can't stand Glades CI. Unfortunately I have had to deal with Glades for almost 2 years. Uggh.. Here is the low down:

Visitation is 2 days Saturday and Sunday
Visitation is strick and the rules change from day to day.
Do not wear white clothes, they will most likely refuse your visit.
You can wear 1 ring on each hand, 1 pair of earings, 1 necklace with 1 charm, No bracelets, You can only bring in the key from your car not the remote. You can bring $50.00 per person. If you come by yourself its $50, if you come with someone you can bring $100. Denominations should be in $20'S, $10'S, $5'S, 1'S, or quarters, dimes and nickels. No pennies they say it is a security issue. Actually they are just ignorant.

Do not wear form fitting or tight clothes, no sleeveless shirts or strap shirts. Big baggy dark Tshirts are recommended. If you wear light colored clothes, you need to make sure they can't see a bra or panties or you will be turned around. Alway bring extra clothes in your car to change into just incase.

Visitation is from 9-3. The line normally starts at 7:30 or earlier. If you get there earlier, you can't go on property till 7:30 so you will have to look for the line of cars along the road at the entrance and get behind and follow suite.

When you do get in line they will go up to the window at 8am its not allowed before hand and they will threaten to terminate your visit if you go up to the window before. At the window they will issue you a number, no reason for the number because I have decided they can't count at glades. because they will issue you number 28 and you are actually number 5 and the person ahead of you has 30 and the person behind you has 2. It is just a motion you have to go through.

If you bring cigarettes then you have to bring a clear lighter, No BIC lighters they wont allow them. The cigarettes have to be an unopened pack or they won't be allowed in.

If you don't not have a pin number you will have to inform them when you go up to the window. They will give you a form to fill out and then they will take your picture. really not a big deal.

The moods and attitudes of the officers are disgusting. There are very few officers that are nice. I go every Sunday, I haven't been able to go on Saturdays for awhile because of work. They are very slow at processing the visitors.

it one hug and one kiss at the begining of visit and one hug and one kiss at the end of visit. Try not to be touchy feely because they will terminate your visit and lock him up. They thrive on locking people up. It's like they get off on it. This is the worse camp I have been to and I have been doing this for 8 almost 9 years. I have been to several other camps.

Good luck to you. I am sure if and when you go I will eventually meet you.

miamidolfangirl
10-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Ok here I go again, I have been back and forth with my husbands classificaiton officer since March. That is when they took his mother off his visitation list. Now mind you she has been on his visitation list for a few years and has been going to see him at least once a month. Even at Glades CI. They tell me she is a victim of his crime, which she is not. And the case he had before was to do with her, but over a tv set. Regardless, she is his mother and has been going to see him. Now they took her off his list. They told me to have her write a letter which she did. They told me they never got it, so I told her to send another letter and she did. Well his classification officer gave me the run around for weeks saying he was working on it but never could remember what I was calling about and I called all the time.

Anyways today, he finally told me that no she would not be put back on his list. My mother in law is moving and would like to see her son before she goes cause she knows it will be the last time she sees him till he gets out and we decide where we will go.

Where else do I go to try to get her reinstated? It makes no sense that she has been going all this time and then they pull her off the list. She filled out the form to be placed on his list so obviously she wants to be apart of his life. His classification officer told me they weren't the ones who pulled her off but they are the ones with control over who is on or off his visitation list. I am so aggrivated. These people at this institution just make me sick. All of them. I hope the next 4 and 1/2 years fly by because this place is really getting to me.

Thanks for listening.

CalendarLady
10-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Miamidolfangirl,

Have you tried to e-mail the Region IV Classification Office or the Tallahassee? It seems like the only way for me to get results and answers and when I e-mailed everyone involved including, Tallahassee. That is when Glades CI tune changed and was very, very cooperative. I would even speak to the Warden at Glades CI who seems to be very nice as well.

CalendarLady
10-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Well my hubby was placed in confinement the minute he got there. So I got an initial call from him to let me know that he was placed in confinement. Uggg:angry: I e-mailed everyone from Tallahassee to Region IV directors to the Warden and DEMANDED that they transfer him. There had been a breach in security and if one finger has touched him, we were in the position to take action immediately. Needless to say, I received so many phone calls from Tallahassee and even from an investigator. That place is corrupt!!!!!!! The town everyone knows each other or they are related some kind of way. My hubby should have NEVER been sent to that facility based on so many reasons. The handwriting was on the wall. It was a set up! Everyday I have been calling the Sr. Officer to give me an update on how he is doing and what he has been doing all day.

I have been writing him everyday so that he can receive uplifting words of encouragment from me daily. Because I don't know when they are going to transfer him.

Quick quesion: Should I go ahead and send Glades CI my visitation application or should I wait until they transfer him. I know they are, I just don't know when. I was just thinking that maybe when they do ship him wherever ( who knows) I would be already approved and I can see my man. I miss him so much. I have not been able to see him for so long, let alone a contact visit.

CalendarLady
10-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Miamidolfangirl,

I hope that I won't have to EVER worry about pulling my car along the road of Belle Glade let alone walking in that funky facility!!! But still hope that I will get a chance to me you somehow.

miamidolfangirl
10-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Are you not on his visitation list already?? Once you are on his list you do not have to apply to be on his list again. But if you have never filled out the form to be approved for his list then my advice to you is to wait till he is transferred to a different facility. They will give you all kinds of excuses like they haven't received it yet or maybe it hasn't passed through the mail room yet.

Thank God your man will be transferred soon, I hope. You are better off waiting though till he gets to a new facility. I really hate Glades CI but unfortunately we are stuck here. I am afraid if he asks for a transfer they will send him far away and that would be worse for me.

Good luck to you and if you ever need to talk you can pm me and I will be happy to exchange numbers.

miamidolfangirl
10-11-2008, 07:41 PM
I will be emailing Ms. Villacorda tomorrow night with a copy of the letter my mother in law wrote, when I go to visit in the morning the warden should be there but as nice as he seemed to you on the phone or in an email he really doesn't give a $hit either. Trust me I have tried to talk to him multiple times. But if I don't get a little reaction out of him in the morning then I will take it to Tallahassee.

I am praying these next 4 years fly by cause I am so sick of thiw place.

Kimi06
10-22-2008, 11:00 AM
I will be emailing Ms. Villacorda tomorrow night with a copy of the letter my mother in law wrote, when I go to visit in the morning the warden should be there but as nice as he seemed to you on the phone or in an email he really doesn't give a $hit either. Trust me I have tried to talk to him multiple times. But if I don't get a little reaction out of him in the morning then I will take it to Tallahassee.

I am praying these next 4 years fly by cause I am so sick of thiw place.

Bless your heart, I would definitely email Ms Villacorda however don't wait
for a response right away, because you will be waiting. My best friend is over
@ GLADES , and his brother and I have been going thru classification officers
and people over @ Ms Villacorda's office to change his release date.
He is finally away in court and I see that is was just changed. It is like
beating a dead horse with them. Glades is utterly ridiculous. Keep pressing
the issue and definitely take that to Tallahassee. :mad: They will do anything
to make life miserable, even for their loved ones. Don't let them toy you on
this stay on them like a thorn in their side.

KIMI06

Kimi06
10-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Are you not on his visitation list already?? Once you are on his list you do not have to apply to be on his list again. But if you have never filled out the form to be approved for his list then my advice to you is to wait till he is transferred to a different facility. They will give you all kinds of excuses like they haven't received it yet or maybe it hasn't passed through the mail room yet.

Thank God your man will be transferred soon, I hope. You are better off waiting though till he gets to a new facility. I really hate Glades CI but unfortunately we are stuck here. I am afraid if he asks for a transfer they will send him far away and that would be worse for me.

Good luck to you and if you ever need to talk you can pm me and I will be happy to exchange numbers.

Hey MiamiDolphin, My best buddy is @ Glades CI, I have been approved for the his visitation list, however I am not familiar with a (PIN#) what is that for? Also if your last name is different on the visitation form, from the name on your license will you be turned around?? I really like to know as much info as possible before taking that drive all the way to Florida. My aunt lives in Florida and I will be staying with her in Pompano Beach. I don't plan on visiting until summer 09 but everybody I have seemed to speak with on here about GLADES say the same thing. Now he is currently out to court and they have him down at the SFRC, so I dunno how long he will be there or if they will send him to another camp???!! How does that work?? Do you know about the SFRC. I hate to hit you with so many questions, your response will be greatly appreciated. Last but not least since I am coming way from out of town. Do they allow during the week visits? Just curious if that can happen. Can you also wear sandals, or the pedal pusher or should I
say Capri's? Can you wear a dress?
Are you allowed your hair to be pinned up, some places want
to check your hair, so I am just curious?????

Thanks so much
Kimi06

miamidolfangirl
10-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Hey MiamiDolphin, My best buddy is @ Glades CI, I have been approved for the his visitation list, however I am not familiar with a (PIN#) what is that for? The pin # is issued to you on your 1st visit, they take a pic of you also. Everytime you visit you are asked to put your pin # in the machine and place your hand on it. It's just a part of the visitation processing. It goes faster after the 1st visit.Also if your last name is different on the visitation form, from the name on your license will you be turned around?? That you will have to call them on. They are very picky and may not let you in if the names are different. They are ignorant there and don't really know how to do their jobs. I would call soon so you will have time to resubmit another application if they want you to so both you license and the form say the same thing. I really like to know as much info as possible before taking that drive all the way to Florida. My aunt lives in Florida and I will be staying with her in Pompano Beach. Pompano Beach will probably take you an hour to get there. I don't plan on visiting until summer 09 but everybody I have seemed to speak with on here about GLADES say the same thing. Now he is currently out to court and they have him down at the SFRC, so I dunno how long he will be there or if they will send him to another camp???!! How does that work?? Do you know about the SFRC. SFRC is a neutral place. The officers leave you alone, I didn't mind when my hubby was there it was a very comfortable visit. They weren't real picky about the clothes either. I hate to hit you with so many questions, your response will be greatly appreciated. Last but not least since I am coming way from out of town. Do they allow during the week visits? They do allow special visits, but Glades is a lazy camp. The officers do not like to work, so my guess is they will tell you it can't be done. That visitation is only on the weekends. Other camps work with long distance visitors. This camp just sux. They told me that they won't even give my mother-in-law a special visit, it can't be done. But they won't let me talk to the warden. They do what they want to do. This is the all time worst camp ever. Just curious if that can happen. Can you also wear sandals, or the pedal pusher or should I
say Capri's? Can you wear a dress? Yes, you can wear sandals, and pedal pushers, you can wear dresses too, but keep them knee length and the material can not be sheer. Just wear dark clothes and you won't have a hassle. No form fitting clothes either.
Are you allowed your hair to be pinned up, some places want
to check your hair, so I am just curious????? I have only been asked once to pull my hair down. I normally just pull it back in a pony tail. This is not the type of facility that you can go in looking your best at. My suggestion is go in looking like a bum and they will leave you alone. It all depends on their attitude as to if they mess with you or not.

Thanks so much Your welcome anytime... Good luck and keep me posted. I will probably be here for awhile. so maybe we will meet. Take care. Miamidolfangirl.

Kimi06

Best of luck to you

CalendarLady
11-14-2008, 10:58 AM
:)Hallelujah!!!!! My husband was transferred on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally got a call from him last night after a little over a month. Even though they moved him to Baker CI, I am just glad he is out of that hell hole in Glades CI. Now the question is, what kind of place is Baker CI? I guess I need to post in Region 2.

I am just so happy to hear his voice again. We wore out the Postal Service through mailing each other everyday. But now I need to plan to see my honey!!! I am just so excited!!!!!

Miamidolfan, I am soo sorry we were not able to meet. But many blessings to you and your husband!!!

Kimi06
11-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Good for you I Am glad he is out of there as well.
My good buddy is gone from Glades, however he is being
held @ SFRC and will be xfered he said with in the next
2-3 weeks but he still doesn't have a clue as to where
he will be going. I wonder how long it will take them to
decide on where he should go??? He wants to go to South
Bay CI because I understand they have great trades over
there. Still waiting on what they say, hopefully they will
give him some decent news.

KIMI06:thumbsup:

miamidolfangirl
11-17-2008, 06:12 PM
I am so happy for you Calandarlady.. Baker is not far from columbia ci, its up by lake city fla. I used to go to columbia for 3 years. I am not sure what to expect from up there but anything has to be better than Glades.

Kimi06 - I am also glad that your friend was moved as well. As for getting to south bay it is very hard. But if he can get there all the better for him.

Good luck to both of you and best wishes. Everyday is one day closer to an end to all of this. I can't wait!!!!

CalendarLady
11-19-2008, 08:20 AM
When they transferred my husband from Glades CI they sent him to SFRC and he was there for a couple of days before sending him to Lake Butler and then on the next day he went to Baker CI. He spent the night at another reception center in Lake Butler because they had many other prison stops along the way dropping other inmates off. So, Kimi06 I hope your buddy won't be at SFRC very long.

miamidolfangirl, thanks for all of your information and support.

CalendarLady
11-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Oh yeah Miamidolfangir,

My husband said that Baker CI was in his own words, "Straight". He said it is very laid back there and I could not believe the phones were on early in the morning everday. I guess it varies from place to place. He said the set up it is sooooooo much better than Glades CI. So I am happy because he is happy.

Peace and Be Blessed!

Kimi06
11-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks calendargirl he has been there now for 3weeks.
I have not heard of any changes from him yet.
I am sending him a letter out Today so hopefully it will
make it before he is moved, no updates as of yet tho.
I will keep you all posted, thanks so much for the friendly
support it really is helpful.

KIMI06

scoophwy98
12-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Glades CI. my old stomping grounds. Commonly refered to as "the muck" It was the worst of facilities, but I did some good time there. If that makes any sense. Hot. No a/c at that time. 2nd worst facility in the state. more lifers there per capita than any other facility besides FSP.

Once a guy who bunked above me tried to dig under the sidewalks that run through and out of the prison. He was digging for three days with another guy. They wanted a cigarette bad. One of them came out, went to the canteen and went back under the side walks.

Later that evening the guards on patrol saw smoke rising out of the cracks. They brought him back in the dorm to his bunk!!! No DR no charges, no nothing. We all had a good laugh for a few days on that one. At least he tried.!

The camp used to have a Jaycee Chapter. Sold fruit, burgers, hallmark cards. I was state director. Inmates elected the board.

The guards have always been idiots. It's Belle Glade. The sgt over security at the time was my (MWI)future wifes step father. He had molested her little sister. He got hit from behind with more batteries than van camp has pork-n-beans.

It had an automotive repair shop where inmates repaired state transport vehicles. A cannery that canned tomatoes, a dairy, a slaughter house, an orange grove, and a print shop. All part of P.R.I.D.E.

I have a book of memories of that place. Just try and not take them personal. Do your thing...stay within the rules and do not let them make your life any worse.

Anjewel
12-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Glades CI. my old stomping grounds. Commonly refered to as "the muck" It was the worst of facilities, but I did some good time there. If that makes any sense. Hot. No a/c at that time. 2nd worst facility in the state. more lifers there per capita than any other facility besides FSP.

Once a guy who bunked above me tried to dig under the sidewalks that run through and out of the prison. He was digging for three days with another guy. They wanted a cigarette bad. One of them came out, went to the canteen and went back under the side walks.

Later that evening the guards on patrol saw smoke rising out of the cracks. They brought him back in the dorm to his bunk!!! No DR no charges, no nothing. We all had a good laugh for a few days on that one. At least he tried.!

The camp used to have a Jaycee Chapter. Sold fruit, burgers, hallmark cards. I was state director. Inmates elected the board.

The guards have always been idiots. It's Belle Glade. The sgt over security at the time was my (MWI)future wifes step father. He had molested her little sister. He got hit from behind with more batteries than van camp has pork-n-beans.

It had an automotive repair shop where inmates repaired state transport vehicles. A cannery that canned tomatoes, a dairy, a slaughter house, an orange grove, and a print shop. All part of P.R.I.D.E.

I have a book of memories of that place. Just try and not take them personal. Do your thing...stay within the rules and do not let them make your life any worse.

Scoop, how many years since you've been out? You are talking late 80's, early 90's, at best...gone are the good ol' days. Very few real convicts left...it's all control freaks and slaves. Now days Santa Rosa is worse than FSP.

I do take your memories personal, they give me flashbacks of good visits (and I don't mean anything but me in my pants) and getting to pick out stuff for packages and finding a wooden surprise on the gate when visit was done.

Washington (it'll always be Washington to me), now NWFRC, has been on what Marty calls CM 4 for the last several months, extreme controlled movement. Nothing happened, they just 'heard' there might be some kind of gun on the compound. Nowdays, any of them, I mean anyone would rather check in than pay you a dollar they owe. And, PRIDE is a joke. I imagine Mr. Eckerd is turning in his grave, has been for years.

scoophwy98
12-15-2008, 03:48 PM
You are right. I can only imagine how things have changed. The cons in glades controled glades. It was loose. Things were as good as it could be considering we were incarcerated. The cons would take care of an idiot who did things to ruin things. Staff was okay with that as long as there was no blood.

And I did forget about the wood shop. It was a fine shop. Lots of talent.

bj'z baby
02-04-2009, 08:59 PM
ok so my boyfriend just got moved there from desoto. he says its much better at glades then desoto, but he's only been there for a few days.. ive been readin all of the links u guys posted bout glades n its that bad huh? im soo fusterated i sent in my vizo form about 3 months ago and its stilll not approved.. i hate thissss :(. is there anyone who has a loved one in glades or has been to glades that can give me a little more information on it? thank youuuuuuu god bless you and your loved ones!

- bj'z baby

ricoswifey
02-04-2009, 10:37 PM
My husband's friend was at glades c.i. for a few months & he didn't like it much. He said it wasn't the best but not the worst either. Where did you send your visitation form to? To make it quicker, just get another one & send it in to glades c.i. because even though the paperwork is supposed to be forwarded it hardly ever is or it gets "lost"

miamidolfangirl
09-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Haven't been on in months so you are probably already at GCI, Well what do you think?? What is your out take on GCI??? Do you think the posts are true??? I know I have posted many comments on GCI, yes I HATE GCI with a passion. The only good thing about GCI is that it is close to home. Other than that I don't have much else to say.. curious to hear your views!

papicomehome
11-24-2009, 12:10 AM
I can say this I want Papi outta there and QUICK

ok so my boyfriend just got moved there from desoto. he says its much better at glades then desoto, but he's only been there for a few days.. ive been readin all of the links u guys posted bout glades n its that bad huh? im soo fusterated i sent in my vizo form about 3 months ago and its stilll not approved.. i hate thissss :(. is there anyone who has a loved one in glades or has been to glades that can give me a little more information on it? thank youuuuuuu god bless you and your loved ones!

- bj'z baby

Demonsgirl
12-22-2009, 08:32 AM
My boyfriend was transferred yesterday to Glades C.I. from South Bay. Is Glades CI really that bad? I hate that they just came in a few days before Christmas and moved him, so now he gets to spend Christmas with a buch of guys he doesn't even know. Is Glades D.O.C ran or privately ran? Any info on this Institute is greatly appreciated. :) Thanks

Demonsgirl
12-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Hello, can someone, anyone please tell me what Phone Company is used at Glades C.I. ? My boyfriend just transferred yesterday from South Bay. I have a prepaid account through Infinity Networks the company used by South Bay. It is my understanding that Glades useds a different company. I have Vonage phone service (to have a local # for him to call...much cheaper) and can't accept collect calls because of it. Does the phone service for Glades offer prepaid? Please help it's almost Christmas and I want to be able to talk to him! :) Thanks!

ben's girl
12-22-2009, 10:16 PM
They should use CBS, www.correctionalbillingservices.com (http://www.correctionalbillingservices.com). Their number is listed on the website. Go ahead and ask them to setup your account to be viewed online while you have them on the phone. Depending on how far he is from you, your calls will be anywhere from .54 to around 2.00 now. Several members were blocked that use Vonage awhile back and one member recently stated they were having trouble w/ CBS and Vonage so I'm not sure that you'll be able to use them. Just don't mention who your provider is when you setup your account. Right now CBS is allowing you to only add $25 instead of the normal $50 to your account. I would do that in case you aren't able to get calls and have to find a new phone provider. I hope it works out for you. :)

ben's girl
12-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Glades is a DOC facility.

Demonsgirl
12-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks ben's girl, I got the phone account set up with CBS. (Hopefully it will work) Now I just have to wait for classification to give him a pin so he can call. It could be weeks with the holidays and all. I hope not, a day feels like a week when I can't talk to him.

EnvyOf212
01-13-2010, 11:04 AM
So how do you like Glades?

miamidolfangirl
01-14-2010, 10:07 PM
I know you! See you every sunday with your son!!!

EnvyOf212
01-15-2010, 01:31 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! :) I know youuuuuuuu!!! And so does my little man!!:D

EnvyOf212
01-20-2010, 12:58 PM
This post is for family and friends who have loved ones currently incarcerated at Glades Correctional Facility. If you are a visitor and have been mistreated or have observed during your visit misconduct by staff members, please e-mail me. This type of ongoing misconduct should not be allowed or go unheard any longer. This is a group effort in order to make our visits with our loved ones enjoyable!

I know most of you are intimidated to call, write or even speak up due to retaliation against you or your loved ones. I know many of you personally and have heard your complaints, frustrations and allegations on many numerous times against the staff.

This morning I called and spoke with Mr. Robert Snow who is the Correctional Services Administrator at Ms. Marta Villacorta’s office. Mr. Snow listened to all my past and present experiences with the staff members. He felt that my concerns and allegations needed to be addressed immediately and did so by contacting the facility. I was put on a conference call with Mr. Lawrence who is the Assistant Warden. We spoke at length about several incidents I have had at his facility; upon many other questionable situations. I expressed the high urgency of having his staff in the visitor’s park investigated for repeated misconduct. In regards to our conversation, he seemed honestly disturbed by some of my allegations. I was very specific in my account of the events and names of the staff members who were involved.

Mr. Lawrence assured me that he is going to start a full investigation today into every allegation and into the staff members involved. He stated that any staff member, no matter their Rank, found intimidating a visitor and/or inmate in any way would be terminated from their employment immediately. He came across as genuine when he said that such conduct is not permissible and will not be tolerated. That if any incidents should occur that they be reported when they happen to either him or Warden Shannon. Mr. Snow has stated he will be following up with Mr. Lawrence within the next week. During our call Mr. Snow requested that I cc: him with my letter so that if any incident were to occur after the fact, it was documented in writing within his office.I do feel that since I involved Mr. Snow and Ms. Villacorta to such a degree, I am hopeful in seeing changes.

I really do hope that after this post others will come forward and help in the efforts to having our visits in an environment that is healthy and safe for all.

Thank you,

A Prisoners Wife

Relda Copning
02-11-2010, 05:25 PM
If you are planning to visit Glades this weekend..DON'T GO. Visitation has been cancelled. The FLDOC website has an explanation on the home page.

wifeofMichael
02-12-2010, 08:54 AM
2/11/10: Glades Correctional Institution Visitation

Visitation has been canceled at Glades Correctional Institution (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region4/406.html) for Saturday and Sunday, February 13-14.

emmabelitsos
02-13-2010, 08:51 AM
This is the first time i have actually wrote anything on this site, so just hope I am doing it correct.

I wrote a really pissy email to Robert Shannon last week, complaining about dress code and being able to pet the cats. I got a one liner auto response so as far as I am concerned I have had no response. I will back you up in anyway you need if it means making our visits with our loved ones less stressful.

Also, on another subject do you have any info on how long Glades will be on lockdown, do we know if all the inmates are OK, I usually get at least 2 calls a day from my husband and it is killing me not knowing what is going on in there.

Any info would be good, thankyou.

fws4life
02-13-2010, 11:17 AM
I haven't heard from my hubby since this happened so I'm assuming their on lockdown. I'm wondering if anyone has an update on this issue?thanks

EnvyOf212
02-15-2010, 07:46 AM
This is the first time i have actually wrote anything on this site, so just hope I am doing it correct.

I wrote a really pissy email to Robert Shannon last week, complaining about dress code and being able to pet the cats. I got a one liner auto response so as far as I am concerned I have had no response. I will back you up in anyway you need if it means making our visits with our loved ones less stressful.

Also, on another subject do you have any info on how long Glades will be on lockdown, do we know if all the inmates are OK, I usually get at least 2 calls a day from my husband and it is killing me not knowing what is going on in there.

Any info would be good, thankyou.

I haven't heard from my husband since Wednesday night. As far as I know they were in lock down until yesterday. I'm calling this morning to find out if it has been lifted and as to when the phones will be turned back on. I'll re-post after my call here.

fws4life
02-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Thank you envyof212.

bethp
02-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Just want to thank you for all you are doing Envy. I agree with the Emma. I will do anything you want to help out the cause. It is getting ridiculous in there and just to let you know the last time I talked to my husband was on Thursday night also. Hope everyone there is ok. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

This post is for family and friends who have loved ones currently incarcerated at Glades Correctional Facility. If you are a visitor and have been mistreated or have observed during your visit misconduct by staff members, please e-mail me. This type of ongoing misconduct should not be allowed or go unheard any longer. This is a group effort in order to make our visits with our loved ones enjoyable!

I know most of you are intimidated to call, write or even speak up due to retaliation against you or your loved ones. I know many of you personally and have heard your complaints, frustrations and allegations on many numerous times against the staff.

This morning I called and spoke with Mr. Robert Snow who is the Correctional Services Administrator at Ms. Marta Villacorta’s office. Mr. Snow listened to all my past and present experiences with the staff members. He felt that my concerns and allegations needed to be addressed immediately and did so by contacting the facility. I was put on a conference call with Mr. Lawrence who is the Assistant Warden. We spoke at length about several incidents I have had at his facility; upon many other questionable situations. I expressed the high urgency of having his staff in the visitor’s park investigated for repeated misconduct. In regards to our conversation, he seemed honestly disturbed by some of my allegations. I was very specific in my account of the events and names of the staff members who were involved.

Mr. Lawrence assured me that he is going to start a full investigation today into every allegation and into the staff members involved. He stated that any staff member, no matter their Rank, found intimidating a visitor and/or inmate in any way would be terminated from their employment immediately. He came across as genuine when he said that such conduct is not permissible and will not be tolerated. That if any incidents should occur that they be reported when they happen to either him or Warden Shannon. Mr. Snow has stated he will be following up with Mr. Lawrence within the next week. During our call Mr. Snow requested that I cc: him with my letter so that if any incident were to occur after the fact, it was documented in writing within his office.I do feel that since I involved Mr. Snow and Ms. Villacorta to such a degree, I am hopeful in seeing changes.

I really do hope that after this post others will come forward and help in the efforts to having our visits in an environment that is healthy and safe for all.

Thank you,

A Prisoners Wife

fws4life
02-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Just an update, I called Glades today and they're still on lockdown.

tparker422
02-17-2010, 07:20 PM
:mad: Has anyone heard anything more about the visits or phones at Glades CI?:angry:

ben's girl
02-17-2010, 07:32 PM
This thread has an update: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467046

Lesliezack
02-17-2010, 07:38 PM
There were 22 Guards arrested there.... just a week or so ago...on drug and bribery charges... I am going to bet that is why...It may be awhile..
I posted the news when it was in our local paper.

bethp
02-19-2010, 03:35 PM
According to the DOC webs:)ite visitation for this weekend is on. :O) Can't wait to see my hubby again.

fws4life
02-19-2010, 06:41 PM
FYI- received a letter from my hubby he says a lot of inmates were transferred last weekend.

EnvyOf212
02-22-2010, 08:09 AM
:D
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/blog.php?b=9766&referrerid=184708

lovesick33
02-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Wake up girl your in for a surprise you will never experience such again. The staff there are rude as hell their countrified with no etiquette and manners meaning they had no customer service training they all skipped that class that day. So when you get there make sure you look like you rolled out of bed to get in cause if your looking better than the ones that are wearing pants painted on you will have to go to Walmart to buy some plus size clothing so bring extra outfits with you. All jokes aside Glades CI has the worst VP in region IV I am not trying to scare you I am just keeping it real. If your first visit seems really really great thats just for starters wait to you become a regular and you will be one of us here on prison talk venting on the black cloud hanging over your visit (ASSIGNED YOUR OWN PERSONAL CO STANDING 20FT AWAY KEEP[NG YOU SAFE FOR THE WHOLE ENTIRE SIX HOURS) everytime you visit at Glades and you will then only understand. This is just fair warning of what youve got yourself into and have to endure to see your b00, So make the best of it.

lovesick33
02-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Hello anybody out there can give me an update on what phone companies your using to receive calls from Glades I hear now you cant use Vonage or Comcast I know you can use AT&T but besides them who can I use. Please help :cloud::cloud: so frustrated.

EnvyOf212
02-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Hello anybody out there can give me an update on what phone companies your using to receive calls from Glades I hear now you cant use Vonage or Comcast I know you can use AT&T but besides them who can I use. Please help :cloud::cloud: so frustrated.

You can call La Pierra:taz:...she has all the inside info!!! :haha:

EnvyOf212
02-23-2010, 12:55 AM
oh yes mama lovesick33, tell it like it is!

tparker422
02-23-2010, 06:39 PM
glades is the worst one that i have gone too. my husband right now has a pending transfer from glades to gulf. thye are being punished for their workers. the vp park is hell. you cant do anything. you cant wear tight clothing, no braclets, no white clothing, one necklace, a set of earrings, etc...

hayamanda1124
06-14-2010, 11:06 PM
I want to know some tips for visiting my man at glades CI. ive heard some people say that you have to get there REALLY early, or you have to sit and wait for hours just to see them.

does anyone have any personal tips they can tell me and what i should do or steps to take when i visit him in july? any personal experiences that will help me? Glades is about an hour and a half away, so getting there extremely early is not likely.:confused::confused::confused::confused::co nfused:

lovesick33
06-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Hello hayamanda1124 well your in for a real treat dont mean to scare you just keeping it real. 1st what ever you do dont wear a white t-shirt or white pants anything shear or see through no tight pants or shirts no showing any cleavage either. You can wear skirts but only 3 inches above the knee sandals slides oh and no piercings at all. I advise you bring extra clothing with you on your trip no more than $50 i suggest you bring small bills and they dont allow you in with pennies but you will leave with some. Also you really dont have to get there hours ahead of time it used to be really bad a few months back but not anymore visitation starts at 9:00am so it really is up to you. Also you have to bring a clear pouch or little purse if your outfit doesnt have pockets. They allow one chain one pair of earrings no bracelets no anklets you can wear a watch one key for your vehicle and one charm on your chain. Well that pretty much sums it up. Good Luck!!!

lovesick33
06-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Almost forgot dont look forward for the rules to stay the same every weekend cause they dont if you are not sure about something call this number (1-561-829-1400) and always ask the name of the person you are speaking to just in case you get there and everything is totally different.The reason to bring extra clothes is they will quickly advised you and happily direct you down to WALGREENS to go shopping. They must have some kind of deal going on with them or something!!!

love baby
06-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Oh yea I've seen all this at my fiances camp too. He's in Everglades. I wore a skirt on Memorial day and because I am short they said my skirt was short even though it went down to my knees. But I always bring back up clothes and stick to my basketball shorts and sweat pants. Can't go wrong there. I know we all want to look nice cute and sexy for our loved one, but they make even that hard. I see girls walking in all the time with tight a$$ pants and I mean TIGHT. Another lady had on a white see through shirt on and another lady was gonna give her her sweater to use but they ended up lettin her in too. Sometimes it depends on who's outside and who's working the visiting park that day. I'd jsut rather not take that chance.

miamidolfangirl
06-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Yes, both people responding are right. The rilules change every week here. It doesn't matter who u talkto because they are all ignorant there. Today they turned away alot of people, but let others in. They are very racist here. Just when u come take a deep beath because u never know what your going to get on any given day. I can't wait for all this to be over with. 3 more years of this crap then I can tell Glades to kiss my a$$!!!!!

lovesick33
06-23-2010, 12:57 AM
Well the recent update at Glades CI wasnt a pleasant experience at all on Sunday for Fathers Day, they were really rude to everyone especially the people visiting out of town. They turned alot of people away for the simplest things that they would normally make an acception on. It was like they wanted to screw it up for people on a holiday like they didnt want the inmates to see their children. This place really has some ignorant individuals there so like miamidolphingirl said take a deep breath and bring lots of clothes and call before you get there if your not sure about something especially dealing with documents you may need, thats if you can get through they take the phone of the hook not to answer questions because on weekends the classification officers are not there so call a day in advance and always ask for the officers name so you can direct them if you are turned away it probably wont do no good though.

audreyculmo
08-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Hey ladies,OMG the good old days,They are so truely awefull there,I was so dreading Dean being sent to the Pandhandle,of course the long 61/2 hr drive,but thats the only thing..when u say hello to them or good morning these officers actualy respond and r very nice,Ive never seen any one here get turned away for anything and everything we werent aloud to do or wear at Glades you can at Franklin,plus they have a ton of board games for everyone to play and plenty of toys for the kids,The guys even have air in there dorms,they get movie days and it so clean compared to that dump (Glades).Out front where we wait to get in there is a big covered area with bathrooms,water fountain that works and a vending machine.Hang in there ladies,take care and tell your guys Dean and I say hello...

kbiggs25
08-15-2010, 05:17 PM
wowwwww! sorry to say this but you guys are actually right and if yall remember ME i wasnt one of the co giving you hell. now I go lay dwn for 42months at a federal camp. i glad to say that i understand all of you guys feelings and that's why i never treated anyone bad.

lovesick33
08-16-2010, 03:21 AM
wowwwww! sorry to say this but you guys are actually right and if yall remember ME i wasnt one of the co giving you hell. now I go lay dwn for 42months at a federal camp. i glad to say that i understand all of you guys feelings and that's why i never treated anyone bad.
I actually do remember you and i hated it like hell when what happened happened. I will pray for you baby girl you was good to us you damn sure was i hope them mths go by real fast for you. Remember everybody make mistakes it is what it is ok never forget that at least you know you have a release date. So in the mean time in between time you keep your head up no matter what. God will watch over you ok i dont know if you remember me probably not you used to like to look in your mirror all the time. You was cool as hell thank you for not sweating us on our visits you made it bareable. Pick yourself up and try it again. GOD BLESS YOU!!!:)

kbiggs25
08-22-2010, 07:19 AM
yes i remember most of you and hope all of you guys and ur mates are doing fine.

nightbird
08-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Isn't that a Faith Based Camp, this is important for people to know if they have loved ones trying to go to Faith Based facilities.

Misses01
12-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Hi I wrote on here a couple of months ago regarding my boyfriend wanting to put in for a transfer. Well he got transferred to Glades CI because of faith based program. Last I read Glades CI was horrible. I was wondering has a lot change since then? Did the institution get better or worst?

southflboys
05-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Do not have pity on the CO that got caught red handed and is a felon now.... Just because she say's she treated you all nice is laughable, I treat everyone firm fair and consistant.. She broke the law and is now paying her dues...This board is a trip, you all act like your loved ones are 100% innocent and the co's are the bad guy's.. If your significant other was not a thief, rapist, drug dealer. dui homicide, pedophiliac you would not have to visit them in prison, but all of you are being conned into thinking they are innocent...

TyronesWife
05-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Do not have pity on the CO that got caught red handed and is a felon now.... Just because she say's she treated you all nice is laughable, I treat everyone firm fair and consistant.. She broke the law and is now paying her dues...This board is a trip, you all act like your loved ones are 100% innocent and the co's are the bad guy's.. If your significant other was not a thief, rapist, drug dealer. dui homicide, pedophiliac you would not have to visit them in prison, but all of you are being conned into thinking they are innocent...

Why do you care what we think about our loved ones or other c.o.'s? Honestly, don't you have anything better to do than jump on here and criticize us for our thoughts?

BTW, blanket statements are never true. You might want to read with an open mind and you'll see that not all of us are snowed by our significant others.

southflboys
05-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Not a blanket statement.....This is a fact...working as a CO I see the good and the bad. Now dont get me wrong, there are a lot of good people in the system that are in prison, but alot more are guilty and are paying the price of their crime. And for the visitors that are angry because they can't wear tight clothing, white clothing etc...the reason is to not have certain inmates, that are their for rape, molestation, etc that are right in the same room with you visiting, the policy states that in all DOC facilities all the rules are the same, maybe more enforced by the staff at GCI so your chilren are safe, when you bring them, which most of you let roam freely the vp area with sexual predators watching their every move, think about that for a minute!! Their are some staff members that do need to work on their people skills, but that is everywhere. Anyone reading this, I am not slamming you or your loved ones, just trying to open your eye's a little, remember, this is a prison, not a daycare!! Alot of CO's are really trying their best at what we do, but it seem's like you are witnessing the bad one's.. Now I know if you do see any CO,s mistreat, or abuse the system, you have every right to speak to their supervisor, with you present, and ofcourse I know your loved one can grieve the officer to try to solve the problem. And if that don't work, just use the chain of command. But you need to realize most of the co's are trying their best in a bad environment, which you only hear the side of your spouse, which is gonna be a one sided view. Remember, I am not judging any of you, I and most officers are fair, firm and consistant with the policy and procedures, so you need to look at both sides, we are underpaid public servants with no weapons and are out numbered 25 to 1..

TyronesWife
05-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Not a blanket statement.....This is a fact...working as a CO I see the good and the bad. Now dont get me wrong, there are a lot of good people in the system that are in prison, but alot more are guilty and are paying the price of their crime.

Stating that we're all being conned IS a blanket statement. And just because a person is guilty doesn't mean they are aren't a good person. My husbands in for a murder that was committed when he was 17, 20 years ago. Since being in he has been the model inmate, has taken every class he could, has shown respect even when it wasn't warranted, has given anything and everything he could to help others who are weaker or in need. Now, regardless of whether he is guilty or not of the original crime is of no consequence. He is really, truly, and honestly a very good person; better than most people I know. Humans are flawed, mistakes are made, and many people grow from them. Maybe you should take that into account when you say statements like those above and in your original post.

...we are underpaid public servants ...

Underpaid my behind. You are paid for what you might, and probably won't, have to do. I work for another state agency and do twice the work for less pay then you. How do I know? Because I've done your job. You've got a sweet gig in there so don't complain. Also, because of my former employment and my current situation, I know that the theories you're spouting (complain, grieve, chain of command, etc) are crap. In most cases they do nothing but get the inmate or family member retaliated against.

...Anyone reading this, I am not slamming you or your loved ones, ...

You're not slamming us or our loved ones? Really? Did you read your original post? Judgement and condemnation are the nicest terms I can think of to describe it.

...so you need to look at both sides...

Wait, what? And you know we don't because our opinions are not what you believe they should be? LOL, I'll agree to disagree with you but the reality is that maybe you should take your own advice. Until you have been on this side of the fence, watching the injustices we and our loved ones are exposed too for no other reason than because as a group we are considered sub-human in most peoples eyes, you will never truly understand why we feel the way we do.

If you want to help those on PTO better understand what it's like in there or help us when we have a problem, great. But if you're just here to tell us what bad people we and our loved ones are or how we're stupid for believing in them you might not be happy with the outcome.

Kimi06
09-22-2011, 02:11 PM
I guess you told her??? I have not seen
another d***m post by ms blanket statement.
A hott mess.

KImi06