View Full Version : Martin Correctional Institution Q&A

sweetpea
09-11-2002, 08:48 PM
Hi Everyone! My fiance is currently at Polk CI, but we're trying to get him moved to Martin CI. I know the visits at PCI are pretty tight and the camp is pretty much lax for the guys. Anyone here know anything about what Martin CI is like for visits and our guys? Thanks!

sunni
11-03-2002, 05:01 PM
This is the first time I am responding and hopefully this will go through to you. My brother is in Martin, and it is O. K. to visit, probably like most prisons, I only go up every 6 months and every month the security tightens. Sunni

1nonlyTeRe
10-19-2004, 09:35 PM
Martin Correctional Institution
o 1150 S.W. Allapattah Road
Indiantown, Florida 34956-4397
o (772) 597-3705
o http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region4/430.html
o FAX: (772) 597-3742
o E-Mail: martinci@mail.dc.state.fl.us (martinci@mail.dc.state.fl.us)
o Chaplain's Office - (772) 597-3705 Directions: Take I-95 to Exit 62 (State Road 714). Go west to 4-way stop sign. Turn right onto SR-609. Martin is approximately three miles on the left side. Turnpike directions: Take turnpike to Stuart exit. Take first left onto State Road 714 to stop sign. Turn right onto State Road 609. The institution is approximately three miles on the left side.

Historical Information: This facility was established in 1985 and houses adult male inmates. The International Exposition Center, which is a joint venture between the Department of Corrections and the Department of Agriculture for the purpose of housing and showing cattle, is under the supervision of Martin C.I. Martin Work Camp, Ft. Pierce Work Release Center and the Martin Treatment Center are also under the supervision of Martin C.I.

Total Staff (on 8/04): 322

Type of Housing Units:
Open Bay Housing Units - 0
Cell Housing Units - 7
Room Housing Units - 0
Total Capacity - 1,039 Other Information:
Population Gender - Male
Adult or Youthful - Adult
Facility Level - 6
Self Contained Housing Units - Yes
Designated Confinement Space -Yes
Custody Grades - Close, Medium, Minimum, Community
Medical Grades -1 through 3
Psychological Grades -1 through 3
Wheelchair Capabilities - Yes
Hearing Impaired Capabilities - No Academic Programs:
Adult Basic Education
General Education Development
Mandatory Literacy Program
Special Education
Vocational Programs:
Masonry Brick and Block
Masonry Concrete
Wellness Education Services:

Fresh Start Smoking Cessation
Wellness Education
Weight Training
Sports Leagues Library Services:
Library Program
Major Law Collection Substance Abuse Programs:
Alcoholics Anonymous
Narcotics Anonymous Chaplaincy Services:
Chapel Library Program
Kairos Week-ends
Religious Education
Worship Services Institutional Betterment Programs:
None at this time. Other Ongoing Programs:
Life After Prison
Corrections Distance Learning Network
Transition Skills Program
P.R.I.D.E. Programs:

None at this time.Community Work Squads:
Dept. of Transportation - 5 Squads
Public Work Squads - 5 Squads
Interagency Community Service Work Squads - No
Please post any additional information (or anything else that we should know!!):

Visitation Hours
Visiting Rules (not the ones listed in the 33ís, but first hand knowledge rules, things they do and donít pick at, etc)
Visiting Hints (attire, what time you should get up there, is it crowded first thing in the AM, do you get a number? etc)
Visiting Procedures Ė Do they use the old system by just taking your ID and giving you a slip, or are they using the computer hand check-in system?
Visiting Room (Does it have indoor and outdoor visiting rooms? Big/Sm?)
Lodging Nearby

loveSunnyH
10-20-2004, 08:29 AM
The exit number off of I-95 is now 110 - and is shown on the sign as SR 714, but also known locally as "Martin Highway". It's a LONG way west on Martin Highway, the first time I went I thought I was on the wrong road! :eek:

Visitation Hours: 9:00 - 3:00

Visiting Rules (not the ones listed in the 33ís, but first hand knowledge rules, things they do and donít pick at, etc): Most of the CO's are nice; there's a female officer usually running check-in, etc. in the morning, she's friendly, helpful and usually in a good mood. They sometimes have problems checking in men/boys, because she seems to have not much male CO support first thing in the morning. Only Bic (type) lighters are allowed, first time we went I took a "clear" lighter like in the Rules and they wouldn't let us bring it in. Also Black & Milds are not allowed. One thing, if you have someone waiting for you, or while you are waiting to sign in, DO NOT walk up to perimeter road, do not cross perimeter road, do not talk on a cell phone near perimeter road, and DO NOT ever talk to, wave to, blow kisses to, etc., an inmate inside the gate while you are outside the gate; I have seen people literally get picked up by the elbows by 2 or 3 CO's and taken to the parking lot and told to leave, they DON'T play around when it comes to this.

Visiting Hints (attire, what time you should get up there, is it crowded first thing in the AM, do you get a number? etc): They're not too picky about your clothes (I mean other than the OBVIOUS) for example, I've been to facilities where you can't wear a white T-Shirt, as long as it's not REALLY see-thru, Martin doesn't mind, sandals are also ok there.
If you're there by 8:00, you shouldn't have a problem. You sit on the other side of perimeter road at some picnic tables until the officer puts a chair outside with the sign-in clipboard on it, visitors then line-up according to who was there first, (TRUST ME, these visitors know EXACTLY who got there WHEN! - DON'T try to skip in line!) If it's your first time, you have to fill out "the form", just ask the CO when you go up to get in line, you can still sign in on the clipboard and fill out the form back at the picnic tables. They call you in by last name usually 2 or 3 at a time.
It's not too crowded first thing usually, I'd say about an average of 15-20 visitors or so (including children)

Visiting Procedures Ė Do they use the old system by just taking your ID and giving you a slip, or are they using the computer hand check-in system?: Last time I was there (early this summer) it was the "old system".

Visiting Room (Does it have indoor and outdoor visiting rooms? Big/Sm?): Yes, indoor and outdoor, inside isn't very big, but the outside area is really nice with alot of tables and the CO's outside are nice, too. They usually don't give anyone a problem about their children running around, seeing other inmates, etc., holding hands is usually fine with them, hugs & kisses at the beginning and end (as usual) some of the CO's even kind of "turn away" for a minute or two. :)

Lodging Nearby: Don't know am fairly local - however, I can't imagine there's too much real close, it's literally in the "middle of nowhere!"

nightbird
09-22-2005, 07:12 AM
Has anyone heard Martin referred to as a "rough prison" with lots of violence???

naty11821
09-22-2005, 10:33 AM
I have not. My boyfriend was there and overall it was ok . ( i guess as good as it can get). I did hear of a couple of incidents but nothing out of the ordinary.

GottaLuvJustice
10-12-2005, 06:21 PM
I have visited there for the last 3 months. My husband got transferred FROM there today, but while he was there, he never said anything of the sort. I guess it was fairly average as far as violence goes. All prisons tend to have somewhat of a volatile atmosphere.

Phil in Paris
04-15-2006, 08:38 AM
OK, since the last post is from 10/2005, is there anything new about visiting??? Is it still in the middle of nowhere ?? :D :p

If it's your first time, you have to fill out "the form",

If it's your first time visiting at Martin or if it's your first time visiting an FDOC facility ??

When I visited Joey at Everglades last November, I was given a yellow card with my name and a PIN number on it. Is it valid in Martin ? Or is it only valid where they have the computer hand check-in system ?

Are there only vending machines or is there a commissary too ?? Do you need 20 million quarters or do they change bills ?? Do they accept Amex or Diners ? :D

Where do you stand for pictures ? In Everglades it's between 2 ficuses :rolleyes: what about Martin ??

Thanks for your help. :)

Phil

Aislinn
04-20-2006, 06:48 PM
In January 06 ... Yes they operate the yellow card system, canteen window for food and a couple of vending machines for drinks, which can also be brought at the window too ... Pictures were just taken inside by a blank brick wall...no fiscus :D an Yes Phil its in the middle of nowhere! ;) aint they all! :rolleyes:

Phil in Paris
04-23-2006, 05:57 AM
In January 06 ... Yes they operate the yellow card system,

Thanks. :) So it means they have the finger print check-in system ?

Can we smoke in the outside VP ? Actually I've planned to quit before I go, but just in case...:rolleyes: :p

Can men wear shorts ? I mean knee length shorts ? Have you ever seen any ?? I thought it was not allowed, but last year at Everglades I saw one wearing knee length shorts and they let him go in.

Thanks. :D

Phil

Aislinn
04-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Yes they have the fingerprint system. I did see one guy wearing shorts...knee length last time I was there.
Yes you can smoke outside in the VP :D

Phil in Paris
04-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Aislinn thanks !!! :) You're so helpful !!! :D Can't wait to meet you there, we're gonna have fun. :D

Phil

Aislinn
04-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Your welcome Phil...and yep we will!! :yay: I can't wait!! :D

GottaLuvJustice
04-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Phil, about the shorts rule. Yeah, I've seen guys and girls wear shorts there. My friend visited there yesterday and she was all red when I picked her up after the visit.

Turns out, the air was not working in the VP! So you might want to check on that and plan your outfit accordingly! I know when I was there a few months back, I remember it being hot a handful of times so maybe their air just isn't reliable.

Just a heads up!

Aislinn
04-24-2006, 05:17 AM
Thats good to know Jill!! esp seeing how we are still freezing over here in Europe most of the time :D Thanks for the warning!

Phil in Paris
04-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Thanks Jill, now I know I'll definitely bring my shorts. :D

Phil

nightbird
04-27-2006, 05:55 AM
I think my husband said there was no shade in the outside part of the vp, not sure! And they are pretty strict about touching if it is not the beginning and end of the visit.

Phil in Paris
05-01-2006, 09:23 AM
I think my husband said there was no shade in the outside part of the vp, not sure!

Thanks, I'll also bring a suncream. ;) I love getting a suntan wearing t-shirt and shorts !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Can we bring in sunglasses ?? :confused:

Phil

Aislinn
05-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Yes Phil I usually take my sunglasses in with me :) There was some shade when I was there in January, but not much ;)

Phil in Paris
06-02-2006, 04:58 AM
Back from my first visit here and it was great. The C/Os are rather friendly and there are not that many people visiting, so it's rather quick to process in compared to Everglades.

There definitely is some shadow in the outside park. :)

For the long distance visitors, I stayed in a great hotel, conveniently situated 20 minutes away from Martin. 15 minutes when you over speed :D

SpringHill Suites Port Saint Lucie

2000 NW Courtyard Circle
Port St. Lucie, Florida 34986 USA
Phone: 1-772-871-2929
Fax: 1-772-871-0016

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/JENSH

I don't really know about the prices since it was a package with my flight and car rental. I guess it's around $100 ? :confused:

Anyway, the rooms are great, like studios, with a microwave oven, a fridge and a coffe maker. The bed is comfy and wayyyyy too big when you're alone....

There's a swimming pool, a gym, free parking. Breakfast is complimentary, but it starts at 7 am on week-ends, so you have no time to take it if you want to be early at the prison. You can anyway grab some fruits and cookies and coffee and eat that in your car if you can eat and drive. :D

The staff is very helpful and friendly.

If you're from overseas, DO NOT call from your room !!! I paid $34 for a 10 minutes call to Paris !!! :eek: Local calls are free though.

I attached some pictures of my room.

Phil

AnnieW
07-17-2006, 08:28 PM
I just found out that my baby will soon be at Martin C I !! I'm SO thrilled!! That is only about 60 miles from our home! Any new news on visitation since these posts? Sounds like it may not be too bad. I am SO excited!!!!
Any advice and or info is much appreciated.

DylanR
07-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Is the Inmate mailing address the same as the institution address at martin?

AnnieW
07-20-2006, 05:28 AM
Yes Dylan it is. Did you get my email about helping out with your advocacy program? I'm IN if you'll have me !!!!

AnnieW
07-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Ok fellow Martin CI visitors....I need some scoop. David FINALLY got there today. I'm SO excited, because it's only an hour drive for me!! I have heard that its pretty laid back there, and the officers are pretty cool. Any recent experiences I should know about? Also, I sent the visitation form he sent me from SFRC back to SFRC. Will that follow hin to Martin, or will I have to have him send me a new one? Thanks. I hope to meet some of you down there!!

Aislinn
07-26-2006, 05:11 AM
Hi Annie, visitation at Martin is not too bad, they can br strict on clothing, but generally its fairly relaxed, the visitation form should follow him from SFRC to Martin, but if you hadn't been added to his list I would check with classification to make sure

AnnieW
07-26-2006, 05:27 AM
Thanks Aislinn :-) I'm so excited to visit him. These next few weeks will be slow!! It will be the first time I have ever kissed him !!

Aislinn
07-30-2006, 04:56 AM
Awww I remember that first visit soooo well :D Keep me posted Annie and PM me if I can help with anything :) I hope you guys have a great time!! :D

AnnieW
07-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks, I will. I received another visitation form in the mail yesterday. I'm going to fax it to Martin C I and then mail it. The first application went down to South Fl Reception Center, so I'm not sure if it will apply to the camp at Martin. I don't want to take any chances or put it off any longer. I can't wait to see my man! He had a super bad day yesterday, I was worried about him. We talked it through though. Talk to you soon!!

mandy77
09-25-2006, 01:20 PM
hello im from london in england,

does anyone know what martin ci is really like?
how the staff are with the inmates?

xxxxxx:)

mandy77
09-25-2006, 01:55 PM
im from england im planning on visiting my partner at martin ci next year ive never been to an american prison do u think it will be ok?

x

Phil in Paris
09-26-2006, 05:24 AM
Hi Mandy,

I came from France for my fist visit to an American prison and I survived. :) Be sure you're approved on his visiting list and do not buy your flight too much ahead of time.

If you want to read my very first visit (at Everglades CI, not Martin), you can find it here:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160493

If you want to read my first visit at Martin, you can find it here:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205465

Good luck with your first visit, I'm sure everything will be just fine. :)

Phil

mandy77
09-27-2006, 01:41 PM
i have been approved i just dont know what to expect when i get there HELP

does anyone no i good hotel or b+b to stay in?

xx

Phil in Paris
09-28-2006, 03:38 AM
If you read my threads by clicking the links I gave you above, you'll know what to expect.

I also gave the name of a hotel in this thread.

Phil

mandy77
10-01-2006, 06:08 AM
my partner is at martin corr inst and has been for nine years im hoping to visit next year but its ment to be ok

x

GottaLuvJustice
10-11-2006, 04:28 AM
Yep,

You can write them at:

1150 S.W. Allapattah Road
Indiantown, Florida 34956

You just also need to put their name, DC number and bed location like this

Jo Bag O'Donuts #123085 A-120 (where 13085 is their DC# and A-120 is their bed)

This mailing procedure is for the main unit and the work camp as well.

:) happy mails to you.

I'm SUCH a dork.

Kurts hunny
10-17-2006, 02:39 PM
hiya everyone

has anyone heard good and bad news about martins.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :thumbsup:

Kurts hunny
10-20-2006, 12:26 PM
hiya all my hubby to be is at martins and has been for 10 years hes got another 4 years left

pic below

xx

Kurts hunny
10-20-2006, 12:30 PM
hi jill,

i like your pic above its lovely how long you been married? have you heard any bad things lately from martins corr?

MRSWALLACE23
12-30-2006, 07:44 PM
My baby just got moved to the work camp at Martin from SFRC. I hadn't been approved yet so i went through the same thing with the visit forms: mailed and faxed it to make sure they get it because i'm dying to see my baby. When I finally get approved it'll be the first time we've kissed since May 26,06 the day he was arrested. For visits, is it Saturday or Sunday? Is each inmate assigned a specific day? how often are they allowed visits? Is it both days? Any info would be greatly appreciated. This is my mans first and hopefully last trip to prison, and my first visit to one also. I only visited at county where i didn't even have to fill out a visit form- i just showed up, so it's a whole different ball game. I'm so nervous, worried i'll say or do something wrong and get kicked out-- I read the horror stories of visits gone wrong!!!!

AnnieW
01-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Martin CI is an unfair, unorganized, racially biased Prison. My visit was revoked because they "think" I am bringing drugs in. They have no evidence of this, and I categorically deny it !!!!! I have seen the lady who is bringing the drugs in. I saw her drop a "bomb" (container of drugs) on the ground and she still gets her visits. My fiance has been locked up since December 18th so they can "investigate" No news, no updates, no courtesy or compliance from the people there.

annat
08-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Hi Everybody,

My friend's man was just moved to Martin a few weeks ago and she's planning on visiting sometime in September. One of the other guys told her man that his visitor gets there at 1am in the morning, just to get a place in line. My friend is concerned about this because she's traveling from pretty far and won't be able to get to the facility until probably 7 or 7:30........Does anyone on here visit anyone at Martin?? If so, is the line pretty long to get in? Do they process visitors quickly?

Any other information someone who's never been there before should know?

THANK YOU!!!

Annat

Lulinda
09-08-2007, 12:33 PM
There is no need to be there at 1 a.m., as sign-in doesn't begin until 8 a.m. Try to get there no later than 7:30 to get an early place in line when sign-in starts. After that, the line does get long, but dies out at about 11:00, with no wait at all. However, by then, there is usually no place to sit, either in or outside. They'll let you in 1 party at a time and that sometimes takes a while if you don't already have a PIN number. If you're not on the inmate's visitor's list, you must have special permission to visit. Also, make sure there are no court dates pending. An inmate's wife drove 5 hours, just to be turned around because he had been transported over the weekend for a Monday court date she knew nothing of.

Hope this helps... good luck!

bbsweeps
09-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Like Lulinda said, be there atleast by 7:30am. By that time there is usually a list of 20+ people already signed up on a visitor-made list.

Make sure you sign the visitor-made list as soon as you get there, then when the "official list" is brought out you'll already have a place secured in line.

Register
12-27-2007, 10:28 AM
I noticed that there are a few threads about visiting at Martin CI, but they are not very recent. Has anything changed lately? I am planning a visit in a couple of weeks and wanted to know what time I should get there without being number 20 on the list. Also, any motel information would be helpful. Thanks.

girasol
12-27-2007, 03:12 PM
The Christmas season has been a busy visitation time there. I would get there around 7:30, 8am--to be in by 9am. They have a machine now that checks your shoes, like at an airport...otherwise, it is the same old- same old.

jlo3586
02-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Hey...
My man just got approved to transfer to Martin CI from Lawtey, which will bring him about 45min away from me, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Does anyone know what the turn around time is for a transfer?

nightbird
02-25-2009, 02:59 PM
He will go in to medical and to see his classification right before they ship him. Thats a red flag he is moving out soon. My husband got approved in May and shipped in July when he got a good adjustment transfer.

jlo3586
02-26-2009, 05:57 AM
He called last night, he didn't even know he was approved yet. He did tell me it usually takes 2 -3 months for it to happen. I can wait, impatiently, but can do it cause I know as long as he way up north, I won't go see him.
Thank you again for the info!

nightbird
03-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Heads up if you are visiting Martin CI, that last four weeks the wait to get in from when you sign the list to get inside is 2 1/2 to 3 hours. The facility said the reason is they opened another dorm and brought in 200-300 more inmates. That wait time is ridiculous so plan accordingly if you bring kids, needs snacks and beverages, or have older people.
Most people are going out to their cars and sitting then come back every 15 minutes or so to see where there are on the list.
This is the longest we've ever waited except visiting on a holiday.
Its a good idea to bring tissues because the outside restroom also runs out of tp.
Bring a magazine or book. Luckily my kids had a Nintendo DS and handheld Tetris game to keep them busy.
Both days are being reported as equally bad:mad::mad::(

jlo3586
03-02-2009, 06:22 AM
Wow, that is crazy!!! I will be visiting at Martin as soon as he gets transferred.
Anything else I need to know before visiting?
This is my first time visiting a Florida Prison. Any info will be helpful

nightbird
03-02-2009, 06:32 AM
They will turn you away if you are wearing tight jeans, white pants or shirt, and clingy stretch or sweat pants. They enforce dress code, no low cut or see thru shirts.

jlo3586
03-02-2009, 06:41 AM
what about sandals? also, what is the procedure on visiting both days. someone told me if you live too close u can only visit 1 day a week.

jlo3586
03-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if a person can visit both Saturday & Sunday at Martin? I was told that since I live close, I can only visit one day.
Also, do they allow you to wear sandals? Please, if anyone knows, I am trying to make my first visit go without any hassles.

ricoswifey
03-03-2009, 02:09 PM
I know certain facilities only allow you to visit one day due to there being so many people visiting...not sure about martin ci...my hubby is at holmes & we have both days...And yes you can wear sandals. I know when my husband was in county we had to wear closed shoes...but to the prison you can wear sandals, heels whatever...

TyronesWife
03-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if a person can visit both Saturday & Sunday at Martin? I was told that since I live close, I can only visit one day.
Also, do they allow you to wear sandals? Please, if anyone knows, I am trying to make my first visit go without any hassles.

I used to go both days and I live 40 minutes away. I also used to wear sandals, heels, etc and never had a problem. Of course that was 3 years ago so I don't know how valid that information is. Honestly, the best thing to do is call the facility and ask.

ben's girl
03-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Tyrone's is right, every facility is different and rules change. Best to call and make sure about both of your questions unless we have a member who currently visits Martin who can help you.

jlo3586
03-05-2009, 06:05 AM
Thanks so much all for responding.

tcheatham
03-14-2009, 10:28 PM
yes yo ucan visit both days and yes you can wear sandals.

msprettyeyes
04-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Are there any wives, mothers, girlfriends, etc. Living in south florida that has a loved one at martin correctional institution...

latina792
05-20-2009, 09:07 PM
My BF is being transfered to Martin CI soon and I was looking for info. I know every prison is different and needed to know how's visitations, places to stay near by (I'll be traveling from New Jersey) and the worst or weired question is there any transportation to the place. I don't drive so what I use to do was take taxi from hotel to the prison since the prison was just down the road from the hotel and I'm not sure how far this place is. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jlo3586
05-28-2009, 07:12 AM
My BF is being transfered to Martin CI soon and I was looking for info. I know every prison is different and needed to know how's visitations, places to stay near by (I'll be traveling from New Jersey) and the worst or weired question is there any transportation to the place. I don't drive so what I use to do was take taxi from hotel to the prison since the prison was just down the road from the hotel and I'm not sure how far this place is. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My fiance is waiting to get transferred to Martin also. PM me when yours gets transferred and if they are both there, I will drive you to visit as I live not too far and will get you at the hotel.

latina792
06-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks jlo so much, but my boyfriend didn't get transferred to Martin instead they send him to Jefferson Ci (panhandle). That was very nice of you to offer I'm hoping I find a nice person like you that would do the same at the other prison. Thanks again and God Bless!

SapphireRose137
06-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks jlo so much, but my boyfriend didn't get transferred to Martin instead they send him to Jefferson Ci (panhandle). That was very nice of you to offer I'm hoping I find a nice person like you that would do the same at the other prison. Thanks again and God Bless!

Hi Latina, My guy is at Jefferson he has been there only a few months now. i guess since March. I have not been able to see him yet because it is so far from me. I am Tampa area. I hope to go see him for the 4th of july weekend.

jlo3586
06-03-2009, 06:23 AM

Wow he got transferred fast, whats the secret? LOL I so pray every week that when Friday comes he is on the move

latina792
06-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi Latina, My guy is at Jefferson he has been there only a few months now. i guess since March. I have not been able to see him yet because it is so far from me. I am Tampa area. I hope to go see him for the 4th of july weekend.

Hello, hope you have a great visit. I can't wait to go see him. I was going for Memorial Day weekend but this transfer thing happen. I like to go for the 3 days since I come from far. I use to fly into tampa he was in Zephyrhills it was like 40 minutes from the airport.

Let me know after your visit how is it there. Hopefully we'll meet one of the visits. If all goes well I'll be going for Labor day weekend in september. Take care and God Bless!

latina792
06-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Wow he got transferred fast, whats the secret? LOL I so pray every week that when Friday comes he is on the move

It took like a month, but it wasn't a voluntary thing for him, so that's probably why it didn't take so long. But according to his CO it usually takes like 2 months for a transfer.

I hope he gets transfer soon.

JDsWife2008
09-14-2009, 09:39 PM
I was looking for info on Martin CI... Anything going on there lately? How is the visits there? all info will be appreciated. My man will be there within the week....
Thanks...

DaltonsMom
09-15-2009, 06:13 AM
Not sure except that it looks like it's all 2 man cells and my son who is waiting at SFRC to be transferred there this week as well says he is hearing that it's a pretty layed back place. I hope he is right. Let me know what you find out and I will do the same.

Diana
Daltons Mom

tweedybird
09-17-2009, 09:47 PM
They have been on and off lockdown recently. The last two days they were on lockdown and not long before that. I don't hear that it is laid back. I have never visited there so I can't tell you about that.

karebear37766
09-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Are there any wives, mothers, girlfriends, etc. Living in south florida that has a loved one at martin correctional institution...
Yes I do have a loved one at Matin

karebear37766
09-23-2009, 11:06 AM
oops I mean MaRtin LOL

alittlefreedom
09-26-2009, 08:19 PM
They have been on and off lockdown recently. The last two days they were on lockdown and not long before that. I don't hear that it is laid back. I have never visited there so I can't tell you about that.

I don't want to worry anyone, but yes, there seems to be a lot of lockdowns.
My guy says he is tired of it, the fights, violence and the way it makes things so inconsistent. He always sounds depressed. He wants out of there.

A lot of stabbings, more than other places he's been. The last guy was stabbed about 6 times, then beaten in his cell before he was taken out.

As for visitation. Decent. They have canteen and vending machines. The CO's are okay it seems. Nice area outside to sit, they have a concrete gazebo with 4 picnic tables and a few tables on a patio. Plenty of tables in a large room inside, reminds me of a school cafeteria.

JDsWife2008
10-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Not sure except that it looks like it's all 2 man cells and my son who is waiting at SFRC to be transferred there this week as well says he is hearing that it's a pretty layed back place. I hope he is right. Let me know what you find out and I will do the same.

Diana
Daltons Mom
Well my man finally got to MCI. He says its starting to calm down but they will lock down if they feel like it... I finally got to visit and after 23 months no words can describe how I felt that day. So far things are going good for him, he has a job so that will keep him busy...
How is your son has he made it to MCI yet?

JDsWife2008
10-08-2009, 05:22 PM
My man is at Martin CI...

Court
12-10-2009, 04:35 PM
I have not. My boyfriend was there and overall it was ok . ( i guess as good as it can get). I did hear of a couple of incidents but nothing out of the ordinary.
A couple of incidents were two murders---inmate killing inmate---is that 'out of the ordinary', I hope it is. No white shirts, no tight jeans--you have to unsnap your braw when being patted down, Martin has gotten real bad lately with gangs, thats what I hear anyway

DaltonsMom
12-28-2009, 06:47 AM
Would love to see who still has loved ones here at Martin. I went for Christmas and it was an awesome visit. My son was sent here to take a class and he really likes it and wants to stay here. Would love to meet and chat with some other people with loved ones at Martin. PM me if you like.
Your friend,
Diana

apple pie
03-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Heyy everyone. My man is about to be transfered to Orlando Reception Center. From there he doesnt know where he is going but hes really going to be pushing to get into a work release prison. I want him to go to martin or st lucie county so he is close to me. Can someone please explain to me a little bit of the process of getting into a work release center? Does he like apply to them, how likely would he be to get into one, and how long does it usually take? If someone could please answer these questions it would be greatly helpful.
Thanks
Kiersten <3

jlo3586
06-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Would love to see who still has loved ones here at Martin. I went for Christmas and it was an awesome visit. My son was sent here to take a class and he really likes it and wants to stay here. Would love to meet and chat with some other people with loved ones at Martin. PM me if you like.
Your friend,
Diana

My husband is at Martin. I went for our first visit there this past weekend and it was pleasant.

jlo3586
06-16-2010, 01:26 PM
A couple of incidents were two murders---inmate killing inmate---is that 'out of the ordinary', I hope it is. No white shirts, no tight jeans--you have to unsnap your braw when being patted down, Martin has gotten real bad lately with gangs, thats what I hear anyway

I just went to visit and they never asked me to unsnap my bra, just shake it, like every other prison I have visited

TyronesWife
06-17-2010, 02:56 PM
My husband is at Martin. I went for our first visit there this past weekend and it was pleasant.

Be careful girl, Martin's where they took my visit the last time...I told you that story right?

Fencie
06-25-2010, 12:23 PM
I just received word from a questionable source that Martin recently had a "food riot." Any foundation to that?

jlo3586
06-28-2010, 09:32 AM
My hubby is at Martin CI or was until this past Friday, now he is at Martin Work Camp. I hadnt heard about a food riot and Im sure he would have said something.

sonya7984
06-29-2010, 02:50 PM
My boyfriend just got there today. What all can you tell me about the place and visitation? Hours, dress code, contact...etc.

sonya7984
06-29-2010, 03:29 PM
I havent seen a post on this place lately. I was wondering if this place has gotten any better than what I've read on post from last year. My boyfriend just got sent there today. I'm happy because its close to home, but then the stuff I have read is crazy. Gang fights, lock down all the time, etc. I would like to know some info on this place. Thanks for any that can be given.

tattooval
06-29-2010, 11:14 PM
My boyfriend was moved to Martin in february and was moved again to the work camp after a couple of months. They cleaned up all the problems at the main camp. One of the ways they did it was by alternating yard time so only half the prison is on the yard at any one time. It means less yard time, but nobody's getting stabbed. He hasn't heard any rumors of problems over there since he's been at the work camp.

mikeswifey730
06-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I haven't heard ne thing bad latelyy either actually my hubby just put in for a transfer and martin was one of the camps he put in for. I also have a friend who's man is in martin, no bad reports as of late :)

jlo3586
06-30-2010, 12:15 AM
My hubby just moved from the main unit to the work camp last week. Nothing major going on there, visits were ok. but I am definitely liking visiting at the work camp better

jlo3586
06-30-2010, 12:17 AM
The main unit is very strict on dress code. If your pants are hugging your thighs and your shirt isn't long, they will turn you away. If they can see your bra line thru your shirt, they turn you away. There is usually a wait to get into the main unit as well.

sonya7984
06-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Thank you all for the information.

sonya7984
06-30-2010, 02:31 PM
OMGoodness with all the craziness to the rules. It seems like they want to make everything so difficult.

RussellzBaby
10-16-2010, 11:24 AM
So my boyfriend/finace was just moved from ACI to Martin C.I. .. well i am in Tallahassee,fl which it means we are 5-6 hours apart..</3 Sadly.. but i was wondering how it was around that place.. I have read so much about it.. but i was just trying to find out some info before i drive 6 hours and not be able to see. him.. I am just waiting on him..!! we been together almost a year.. 12.04.09 will be a year..!! waiting for him to be release.. i was wondering if he could transfer back up this way.. where he belong? i didnt know any answers let me know..
please and thank you.. :)

lovingus
10-22-2010, 10:03 PM
So my boyfriend/finace was just moved from ACI to Martin C.I. .. well i am in Tallahassee,fl which it means we are 5-6 hours apart..</3 Sadly.. but i was wondering how it was around that place.. I have read so much about it.. but i was just trying to find out some info before i drive 6 hours and not be able to see. him.. I am just waiting on him..!! we been together almost a year.. 12.04.09 will be a year..!! waiting for him to be release.. i was wondering if he could transfer back up this way.. where he belong? i didnt know any answers let me know..
please and thank you.. :)

The closest town to the prison is Okeechobee which is about a 30 minute drive there are some nice hotels with reasonable rates.

audreyculmo
12-05-2010, 09:19 AM
The closest town to the prison is Okeechobee which is about a 30 minute drive there are some nice hotels with reasonable rates.

I am 15mins away and I'M in port st lucie,It's a nice safe area around here!! So crazy they sent your man here and your in Tally.My husband is at Franklin were yours would like to be.Waiting to transfer to Martin,he was approved May 5.My drive from St lucie is 6 1/2 & longer,about $100. for gas round trip!! good luck

Jon's Mom
01-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Has anyone heard what the status of the bacterial meningitis is at Martin CI? Last I heard from an inmate at another institution was there were two confirmed cases and all employees and inmates will be offered prophylaxis.

annat
01-31-2011, 10:20 AM
Has anyone heard what the status of the bacterial meningitis is at Martin CI? Last I heard from an inmate at another institution was there were two confirmed cases and all employees and inmates will be offered prophylaxis.

Last I heard inmates from D Dorm (dorm with inmates working the kitchen :() were the ones that got it a couple weeks ago. I've only heard about the 2 and everybody else was offered the prophylaxis. I guess if an inmate didn't want to take it they would separated from everybody else for 2 weeks. Besides that I don't know anything else. Thankfully they determined the two guys had it and took action before anybody else got sick!

kidspirit
03-12-2011, 06:52 AM
Anyone heard about the canteen shutting down on March 18th? What's that about?

illbeok
03-16-2011, 09:55 AM
They had signs up last weekend that they are retooling or doing something like that to their system. The canteen at the vp will be open but for cash only; inmates would not be able to use their cards.

illbeok
05-11-2011, 05:01 AM
I am 15mins away and I'M in port st lucie,It's a nice safe area around here!! So crazy they sent your man here and your in Tally.My husband is at Franklin were yours would like to be.Waiting to transfer to Martin,he was approved May 5.My drive from St lucie is 6 1/2 & longer,about $100. for gas round trip!! good luck

did he ever get moved to Martin? How long did it take? I am in the same situation with my husband in Franklin; approved just a few weeks ago for Martin. We have a home in Fort Pierce. I hope you got moved. thanks.

stewswifey13
07-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi Everyone! My fiance is currently at Polk CI, but we're trying to get him moved to Martin CI. I know the visits at PCI are pretty tight and the camp is pretty much lax for the guys. Anyone here know anything about what Martin CI is like for visits and our guys? Thanks!

Martin c.i is pretty cool the guards are nice except the ladies at the front gate the ladies are strickt with dress code but other than that its pretty cool laid back inside and out side facility to visit they have ok food snack and soda machines and food from the canteen games very nice

jlo3586
07-15-2011, 05:15 PM
did he ever get moved to Martin? How long did it take? I am in the same situation with my husband in Franklin; approved just a few weeks ago for Martin. We have a home in Fort Pierce. I hope you got moved. thanks.

Where are you in Fort Pierce? I live here, my husband just got sent to SFRC

stewswifey13
09-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Just out of curiosity if any one knew info on the the mci work camp closing my man is there and keeps telling me there there closing the camp and shipping them to the main unit next store god i hope not any info on this if ya can let me know

positivet
11-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Anyone know how Martin is inside for the guys? Read some bad stuff happening a few years ago, but is it still the same or has it changed at all?

HialeahGirl
01-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Well it's my first time writing here and I have read most of the posts regarding Martin C.I. My boyfriend was just transferred lasy week from confinement in South Bay to confinement in Martin. He'll be out of the hole on Feb. 17th and I'll be visiting the following weekend. Will my approval form from South Bay follow me to Martin and how packed is it usually? I'm very nervous about driving up there and not being able to see him after 60 days of no contact. If anyone can give me and info, please do. Thanks.

NAN425
01-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Your visitation status follows you from one camp to the next. You don't have to reapply when he moves. The only time you'd have to reapply was if you were removed from his list for some reason, or suspended because of problems.

KellyBaby21
10-11-2014, 02:22 AM
hi everyone! It has been awhile since anyone posted anything recent about Martin, so I was wondering if anyone can let me know how visso is now a days. please!! My sweetie gets his visitation rights back in November, he was recently transferred there from Hamilton and I have never been to Martin. He heard is was pretty laid back, I hope so! Im traveling from the Ft. Myers area as soon as I have a working vehicle. I can't wait! Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!! also anybody know the rules of sending magazines/books??? Thanks!!

hotfla
10-13-2014, 09:58 AM
Am from tht area an I use to go Vist my brother in there yes it lay back it been yrs so I don't know the rules now

Hollyy
10-14-2014, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=KellyBaby21;7371847]hi everyone! It has been awhile since anyone posted anything recent about Martin, so I was wondering if anyone can let me know how visso is now a days. please!! My sweetie gets his visitation rights back in November, he was recently transferred there from Hamilton and I have never been to Martin. He heard is was pretty laid back, I hope so! Im traveling from the Ft. Myers area as soon as I have a working vehicle. I can't wait! Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!! also anybody know the rules of sending magazines/books??? Thanks!![/QUOTE

Rules for books are: you can send up to 4 books. They must be from a distributor that sends them regular mail only. Books a million is good because you get a tracking number (which you will need). From the time the books are received by the mail room the rule says they have up to 15 days to issue them out to your loved one. Yeah, don't count on that! It took my
man 6 weeks to get his books... and multiple calls weekly by me to get them issued. At one point they didn't even know where they were. Thankfully I had a tracking number to back me up. Make sure the books don't come with anything such as a cd or dvd. The mail is also slow as hell! Mail is supposed to be distributed within 48 hours of reciept! Hah that's a joke. Sometimes it takes up to 2 weeks! If you sit and wait for things to happen they're they don't! Once you order keep on top of it!