1nonlyTeRe
10-19-2004, 09:02 PM
South Bay Correctional Facility
o 600 U.S. Highway 27 South
South Bay, Florida 33493
o (561) 992-9505
o http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region4/405.html
o FAX: (561) 992-9551
o E-Mail: southbay@thegeogroupinc.com (southbay@thegeogroupinc.com)
o Chaplain's Office - (561) 992-9505
Directions: Located on US-27, just south of the intersection of US-27 and SR-80.

Historical Information: This facility was established in 1997 to house adult male inmates. It is operated by The GEO Group Inc. (formerly Wackenhut Corrections Corporation) under contract with the Correctional Privatization Commission.

Total Staff (on 8/04): 2 Department of Corrections staff

Type of Housing Units:
Open Bay Housing Units - 1
Cell Housing Units - 4
Room Housing Units - 0
Total Capacity - 1,318 Other Information:
Population Gender - Male
Adult or Youthful - Adult
Facility Level - 5
Self Contained Housing Units - Yes
Designated Confinement Space -Yes
Custody Grades - Close, Medium, Minimum, Community
Medical Grades -1 through 3
Psychological Grades -1 through 3
Wheelchair Capabilities - Yes
Hearing Impaired Capabilities - No

Law Library: Yes

Academic Programs:
Adult Basic Education/GED
Literacy
Vocational Programs:
Building Maintenance Technology
Business Software Applications
Carpentry & Cabinetmaking (Cabinetmaking)
Environmental Horticulture
Gasoline Engine Service Technology
Nursery Operations
Substance Abuse Programs:

Tier I - Substance Abuse Education (RTC)
Tier IV - Residential Therapeutic Community (RTC)
Other Ongoing Programs:
Alcoholics Anonymous
Narcotics Anonymous
Life Skills
P.R.I.D.E. Programs:
None at this time.Community Work Squads:
Dept. of Transportation - 0 Squads
Public Work Squads - 0 Squads
Interagency Community Service Work Squads - No
Please post any additional information (or anything else that we should know!!):

Visitation Hours
Visiting Rules (not the ones listed in the 33ís, but first hand knowledge rules, things they do and donít pick at, etc)
Visiting Hints (attire, what time you should get up there, is it crowded first thing in the AM, do you get a number? etc)
Visiting Procedures Ė Do they use the old system by just taking your ID and giving you a slip, or are they using the computer hand check-in system?
Visiting Room (Does it have indoor and outdoor visiting rooms? Big/Sm?)
Lodging Nearby

PhillyGurLL
04-21-2005, 07:59 AM
I've visited this facility before! It was like NO OTHER facility I have ever been to! Maybe because it is private, I don't know. Men and women were going into the bathroom together, you could sit anywhere you wanted, etc. It was wild!

nightbird
10-31-2005, 07:02 AM
If you were to put in for a transfer would you pick SouthBay or Martin?

nightbird
01-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Is Southbay a Private Prison?? I am confused?

princes' girl73
01-10-2006, 10:45 AM
South Bay is a private prison...

GottaLuvJustice
01-10-2006, 08:44 PM
A nice plus is that the guys have air conditioning in their cells. That's a definite plus in South Florida with the heat and humidity.

VP...well, it all depends on who's working. Some days it is sweet and others it just isn't.

kory
01-30-2006, 05:18 PM
How do I find my girlfriend? I know she is in FL some place She lived in Naples before she went to prison any help would be great Thanks

Free2BU&Me
02-20-2006, 05:00 PM
How do I find my girlfriend? I know she is in FL some place She lived in Naples before she went to prison any help would be great Thanks

kory welcome to PTO! Sorry your post did not get any replies yet - have you tried looking on the FL DOC site? (www.dc.state.fl.us (http://www.dc.state.fl.us))

Here is a site to search for active warrants in Collier County: http://www.colliersheriff.org/news/wanted/search_criteria.asp

And here's the number for the jail: 793-9529

Let us know how it goes!

kitkat3612
08-08-2006, 02:15 PM
My husband was transferred yesterday to South Bay CF, which is a private prison. The chaplain called my work on a conference call and he was able to tell me that they have a different phone system and it would take 72 hours to be cut on and they also have pre-paid. If your loved one is at a private institution, do you rather the pre-paid or collect calls. Thanks Cat

kitkat3612
08-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Went the first time this weekend. Visits are from 7:30-4. This is good. Takes over an hour for the guys to get out. That's the bad. They take your id and hold it That is when the guys are supposedly called for a visit. I find that procedure a little lax and only a few do get called at that time. Vending machine with a good selection of food. A little more pricey, than DOC but overall better selection. Nice TV and play area for the children. Two days and not one time did I hear what time are we leaving. I found that your 15-year old son cannot wear a white shirt not an undershirt just a shirt but the women can, I was there over 2.5 hours was let in by the sargent and than a female told me I had to go to the corner store and by him a t-shirt. I was able to leave my 7-year old with his dad and come back. The woman say that a slip is a must. As for the size of the visiting park. Big inside-small outside no grassy area just a concrete wall with a few picnic tables reminds me of an inside racquet ball area. But I found that the facility is a plus for the men. A/C and better phone systems they do calling cards-so no more huge phone bills.

worshipy2k
08-17-2006, 10:06 PM
I've been to many prisons in Florida nothing like GEO prisons. This company, I feel is all about the family staying together. GEO Group what you say about the Conjugal Visitation?

cc63
08-18-2006, 08:11 AM
My husband is at South bay, too. Overall, I think the prepaid is better. I can call the company (Infinity) that handles the prepaid account and charge an amount that I choose to my credit card. If I call before 1pm, the money is on the account by that evening. I can also make a western union quick collect (if I do it before 1pm, it is also available that evening). The biggest advantage is that he can call my cell phone. So, no matter where I am I can talk to him. Also, we can talk on the phone until midnight on the weekends, 11pm on weeknights. What I don't like is that the calls are only 10 minutes long. But, he can usually call me right back when the phone hangs up. I believe the calls are $3.20 each. Also, you have to rely on your husband to track the balance because you do not receive any statements from Infinity. But, that's no problem because the guys hear their balance every time they make a call.

MizzLiLoNe1987
08-22-2006, 06:28 AM
i have a questionn about south bay... is it true that there is conjugal visits there? ive heard lots of stories and i just wanted to know..???

cc63
08-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Nope...no conjugal visits at South Bay.

APRILALUVTONY
09-10-2006, 10:38 PM
i have to ask....do they get visits on saturday a sundays and holidays as well???

APRILALUVTONY
09-11-2006, 06:00 PM
i was just wondering...how can one be transferred to South Bay?

cc63
09-11-2006, 07:45 PM
My husband says he should ask for a program transfer, instead of an adjustment transfer. Of course the other rules apply (i.e. dr free and at least being transferred to South Bay.

APRILALUVTONY
09-11-2006, 09:13 PM
cc63...what if one is a lifer but was transferred to another facility over a year ago...does that still mean he has to stay there for 5 years or can he still put in for a program transfer? Thanks a mil!

kitkat3612
09-14-2006, 03:59 AM
Yes....both Sat and Sunday and the same as holidays.

APRILALUVTONY
09-14-2006, 11:25 PM
sounds like a better prison than FLDOC...My hun talked about that place so much that he literally wants to LIVE there but of course he would be... :0) I told him to look into it. I don't feel very safe where he is right now and I actually fear for his life because of so many killings and riotings at this particular prison he is at now. It would really make my day if he can get to South Bay.

cc63
09-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Sorry....Not too sure how long lifers have to be at their current camp. But, they do have lifers at South Bay.

zory1975
10-11-2006, 07:36 PM
i would like to know if any anyone knows or heard about this prison

Kay
10-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Zory, Welcome to PTO! Be sure and introduce yourself in the Florida Forum. They will be able to help you with your questions about prisons in that state. You can get there by typing Fl forum into the search box at the top of the page. Good luck and again welcome! Katy:)

Rachel
10-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Moved this to Florida forums for better responses!
Rach x

joeysmuneca
01-30-2007, 02:58 PM
My baby wants to transfer from Dade CI to South Bay and he says in Florida if the family can pay for an attorney that the attorney can get the inmate to the camp of his choice. I find this VERY hard to believe. I am very familiar with NC prisons where paying for a transfer would NEVER be allowed. Is this true and how would I go about finding an inexpensive, yet effective attorney?:thumbsup:

joeysmuneca
02-07-2007, 07:49 PM
pay for transfers? My baby wants to transfer from Dade CI to South Bay and he says in Florida if the family can pay for an attorney that the attorney can get the inmate to the camp of his choice. I find this VERY hard to believe. I am very familiar with NC prisons where paying for a transfer would NEVER be allowed. Is this true and how would I go about finding an inexpensive, yet effective attorney?:thumbsup:

Demonsgirl
08-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Yes, I hear it is a pretty good institute, as it is privately ran.

nightbird
08-26-2007, 07:01 AM
I lady I work with visits there regularly and says its got good visits and her boyfriend said it is a "sweet camp" and decent food plus its ONE OF THE AIR CONDITIONED ONES!!!! I know you said its a far visit but its reall good for the inmate. Congrads on him getting that transfer, its a hard camp to get to...

ben's girl
08-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Yes, one of my fiance buddies at his old camp was transferred from there. He definitely wanted to go back....

nikka
08-31-2007, 08:39 PM
yea- i heard it was a great camp. i hope my man goes there

JackieFlorida
09-03-2007, 09:50 PM
How are the programs there?

nikka
09-04-2007, 09:37 PM
they r really good-- or so i heard. it has one of the best programs. i also heard that they dnt take inmates who have lng sentences because that mean they will always be at their max number of capacity and they will have more problems with them than the guys that will be going home in a year or two or three-- compared to inmates that have 22 years and stuff like that. i mean hey.. they r private. i guess they can take and ship whoever they want.

also the streets say they have a waiting list

michaels wifey
09-04-2007, 09:45 PM
My husbands best friend is serving a life sentence at South Bay. I am waiting to hear back from him. I'll let you all know what he says!

nikka
09-05-2007, 09:48 PM
ok michaelswifey--- i will keep looking at the thread until u let me know what your husbands friend says about south bay

michaels wifey
09-06-2007, 08:03 PM
i can send you a PM nikka!

JackieFlorida
09-12-2007, 09:23 PM
they r really good-- or so i heard. it has one of the best programs. i also heard that they dnt take inmates who have lng sentences because that mean they will always be at their max number of capacity and they will have more problems with them than the guys that will be going home in a year or two or three-- compared to inmates that have 22 years and stuff like that. i mean hey.. they r private. i guess they can take and ship whoever they want.

also the streets say they have a waiting list

I don't understand - why would they have more problems with long timers?

nikka
09-15-2007, 09:38 PM
now--- this is only what i hear..........they assume that long timers have a "dont give a damn" attitude because they r going to be there for 25 years anyway so they r least likely to "turn the other cheek" to confrontations compared to the guy that is going home in a year (or in 8 mths with good behavior)

ben's girl
09-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Quite the opposite. They have the better demeanor because this is where they live for the long term and usually try to blend in.

JackieFlorida
09-16-2007, 05:59 PM
I would like to find out about the visitation at South Bay. Is it really busy? Do cars line up early or is there a sign up sheet near the front?
Thank you for any information.

anlucia
09-18-2007, 11:38 AM
hELLO,
PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IS S. BAY AND ALL U CAN ABOUT IT! THANK YOU
ANA

I would like to find out about the visitation at South Bay. Is it really busy? Do cars line up early or is there a sign up sheet near the front?
Thank you for any information.

JackieFlorida
09-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Is there an inexpensive hotel in the area?

JackieFlorida
10-07-2007, 04:11 PM
My husband is at Wakulla and there is a rumor that there was a shake-down at South Bay and a lot of men got transferred out. Has anyone heard about anything like this?
thanks

Hetta
11-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Hello all :)

I have a penpal in South Bay CF who I am planning to visit in the next few months. I was wondering if anyone who currently has a loved one there would be so kind as to fill me in on the do's and don'ts of the facility's visiting protocol.. I have been reading the FDOC guidelines for visitation but just wanted to clarify one or two things......like how much physical contact can you have with your friend who is in there?.. If he is a lifer do you have to see him in a separate area?...will he be in handcuffs because of that sentence? ( he is not violent/security risk )
Do I wait in the area for him to be brought to me by guards or is he already waiting in the Visiting room?
I have visited the US before ( love love love it :) ) but do not drive :eek: and have no idea what a US prison would be like so would I able to get a taxi to the prison?...( I will be staying at a motel as near as possible to the facility) What would be the waiting system for that kinda transport then?...would I just wait in line myself with other visitors on foot or would I need to drive into the place in the vehicle?
Sorry I know it's lots of Q's but hopefully someone can help me out with them..and I would be very grateful if someone who has been to South Bay could spare the time to answer my q's THANKYOU :)
Hetta xxxxxx

Hetta
12-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Obviously not many have a loved one/friend in South Bay........thankyou to the two kind people who took the trouble to PM me with info...Jackie and GettyG....I'm much obliged to you.

Hetta

JackieFlorida
12-10-2007, 08:08 PM
I visited my husband at South Bay (SB) for the first time this past weekend – Dec 2007. SB is the 3rd prison I have been to. SB is out in the middle of Sugar Cane fields out in the middle of no where - my rental car black spots on it from the burn debris in the air when I came out from the visit. It took me an hour to drive from Fort Lauderdale international airport – I was just confused once when I turned onto 75 for a bit – I should have printed a map from home. I stayed at a hotel in Clewiston – 16 miles north of South Bay. There are a lot of small hotels in Clewiston. I stayed at Plaza Travel Inn - $50 for the night – older but the room I was in was nice, clean, and had a kitchenette.
How the visits work - woman line up in their cars in a parking area at the entrance and drive in at 7:45. They line up according to their car order. About 8:15 a guard will bring a sign in sheet out for the family members to fill out. About 8:30 10 vistors at a time will be let through the double locked gates for processing. They then process one person at a time. You are only allowed one key, no electronic door lock - unless it is a rental and then they let you bring in what you were given. They count your money, and put your see-through bag through an x-ray machine - you walk through a machine like they have at airports. You then go into a bathroom, take off your shoes and are patted down. The next thing you do is turn in your drivers license (ID) and write the name and the DC number of the inmate you are visiting on a piece of paper - then you are let through a set of double doors into the visiting room and wait for your inmate. Don’t wear anything low cut in the slightest – and don’t wear a white top because you can see your bra and they make you change. You can bring in $50, your ID and your car key.
The visiting area has lots of vending machines in it. There is an outside area for smoking. No place to just walk – I got tired of sitting for so long. They have games and movies for kids. The guards were professional.
I hope this helps
PS - you need a special visit for both days.

Hetta
12-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Jackie

Thanks for the info. I have sent you a PM.

H.

DollarBillsWife
01-09-2008, 06:24 PM
i have a question. how do u get into south bay bc i know its private... basically how can an inmate get into a private prison???
thanks

Janey
01-14-2008, 08:04 PM
What happens re:visiting protocol for the entrance if you are getting dropped off by a friend who has driven you and who is not going into the prison???? Is there a separate gate for those on foot???
Just curious!!! Thanks :)

ben's girl
01-14-2008, 08:28 PM
i have a question. how do u get into south bay bc i know its private... basically how can an inmate get into a private prison???
thanks

My fiance is in another FL private facility and just put in for a transfer when his review month came up. He had to request 2 facilities and didn't know which facility he was going to until he got there.

Demonsgirl
02-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Demon is in South Bay, No I didn't hear that but I have heard that there are alot of drugs around the compound. He got transferred to South Bay last September and has been trying to get moved back to Tomoka ever since. He has to do 6 months in South Bay before he can put in for a transfer though.

unt0uchable
03-27-2008, 01:40 AM
I wanted to know if anyone could provide me with information about the dress code at South bay during visitation. I'm asking because i know at Wakulla Work camp, you could wear flip flops and things of that nature. so i'm trying to see if its like that instead of wasting my time wearing them and having to turn back around. Any other details you can possibly provide me with dealing with visitation would be wonderful. thanks in advance.

prisonwife1965
09-21-2008, 08:51 PM
My fiance is in another FL private facility and just put in for a transfer when his review month came up. He had to request 2 facilities and didn't know which facility he was going to until he got there.

My husband put in for a request to south bay and the other place was everglades. It was approved back in April of 08. It's been almost 6 months and he still hsn't been transferred. He called a friend of his and she found out for him that he was getting transferred to south bay. She told him theres a waiting list and he just has to wait his turn because a lot of the men want to go to south bay.

imissmybaby08
12-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Anyone ones man in South Bay Correctional Facility?

Just looking for someone to correspond with about it or whateve ya know..

PM me or drop a line here:)

Sandystar22
01-08-2009, 10:14 PM
mines wantin to go to tomaka or lake to be closer to mee lol

bjs
02-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi! My son just went to South Bay C.F. last week. I am looking for anyone on here that has a loved one incarcerated at South Bay......I would like to know about getting a cell phone with the 561 area code for South Bay.......I hear it's much cheaper, but, is it allowed........??
I would also like to get my son, Ed, on a penpal list.........
thanks so much for listening

bjs

ricoswifey
02-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Cell phones are not allowed. Since this is a private facility though, I am not sure if the same rules would apply so it's best to check first. Maybe someone who has a loved one in a private facility could answer that....Because yes, I've heard the calls from private facilities are more expensive...not fair but that's just how it is. I've heard South Bay is one of the better facilities though, they even have air condition...which is great because down here south fl in the summer with no air is like torture. About the pen pal list, if you are on the main forums page & go down, you'll actually see a category for that. Whoever writes to him however shouldn't mention they found him on a penpal list because not sure if fl allows that....

ben's girl
02-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Florida inmates are not allowed to post penpal ads nor should anyone post an ad for them. They can receive a DR (disciplinary report) for this should it ever be found out. I'll try to locate where it states this in the 33s and post it.

ricoswifey
02-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Florida inmates are not allowed to post penpal ads nor should anyone post an ad for them. They can receive a DR (disciplinary report) for this should it ever be found out. I'll try to locate where it states this in the 33s and post it.

OOPS!...Nevermind that then, don't wanna get anyone in trouble lol...i actually posted a penpal ad for a friend of a friend in fl but he is in county still....on this website then they should state it's not allowed in FL, because under the penpal thingys it has FL on there & some people just may not know....Thnx for the info!

ben's girl
02-14-2009, 08:56 PM
There actually is a disclaimer somewhere about that in the Penpal forum. I believe it's a Sticky thread.

ricoswifey
02-14-2009, 11:46 PM
There actually is a disclaimer somewhere about that in the Penpal forum. I believe it's a Sticky thread.

OOPS...Thanks...i'm one of those that never read those things:idea:...like when you have to click the lil check mark on some websites to agree, i just click, i'm a lazy reader lol, but thanks for the info!!

bjs
02-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks so much for your replies! I would hate to get my son into trouble, for sure, regarding the penpals! I did hear that I could buy myself a cell phone with Eddie's area code in South Bay and save money....I don't know if the prison allows their outgoing phone calls to go to cell phones. I hope my son finds out the details soon.............

thanks again, bjs:)

ben's girl
02-20-2009, 08:05 PM
bjs, you can post that your son would like a card from some nice people ;) and anyone interested in writing can PM for his information. Just don't post his personal information online.

imissmybaby08
03-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Hey guys,

Im going on my first visit to southbay to see my MWI so anywhozer im scared crapless lol and im going alone. Im going May 9-10 and i was hoping to maybe meet someone on here that is also going. and would possibly meet me there and help me out. Even if not n you just want to tell me how things work at south bay that would be great!!

Thanks guys,
Kim

erickany23
03-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey guys,

Im going on my first visit to southbay to see my MWI so anywhozer im scared crapless lol and im going alone. Im going May 9-10 and i was hoping to maybe meet someone on here that is also going. and would possibly meet me there and help me out. Even if not n you just want to tell me how things work at south bay that would be great!!

Thanks guys,
Kim

i dont anything about south bay, but i just had my first visit valentines day, nervous was not even the word for it. it was my first prison visit, my first time in florida, and the first time i had seen him since he was picked up a year ago. Luckily i saw someone in the parking lot and she was cool she answerd a few questions for me and let me know what the process would be. It turned out all that nervousness was for nothing because both days the visits went great. Im kind of glad i did decide to go alone after going through the ummmm i cant do this by myself stage...lol.:D

imissmybaby08
03-17-2009, 01:02 PM
lol thats great. Im at the omg i cant believe this is finally real stage lmao..Like i lived in fl almost my whole life so thats not a problem. but like my friends n i are renting a hotel and they r going to drop me off but im like thinking to myself shoot i dont want them to leave me lmao!! So its ok tho. Im scared and i hope i meet someone nice cuz ive NEVER EVER been to a prison/jail either of them! But thanks idk im scared lol scared out of my mind

erickany23
03-17-2009, 07:05 PM
im sure you will be fine...lol...my biggest fear was omg what if i get there and for some reason cant get in...i live in ny so i think i wouldve broke down and cried in front of all them people...lmao...i was soooo nervous i think i had an anxiety attack for about 30 seconds...the officer that searched me was laughing at me...i was thinking to myself ummmmm not seeing the comedy in this...lmao....but she reassured me it would be ok! she was pretty cool.

JackieFlorida
03-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Many visitors get there early - you can't drive on to the property until 7 - visitors park at the entrance - line up in their cars - remember what car is in front of you and who is in it. Then they drive in at 7, park their cars in the designated area (totally lock it up), and stand in a line along the street, in the same order as they were in their cars, until 8:30 or so until the guards start processing visitors. 10 visitors are called in at a time. They put your stuff - clear purse, one key, driver's license, and $50 through a machine like they have at the airports. You then go into the bathroom and are frisked. Next you walk up to a window and write your husband/friend's name and DC# on a scrap of paper and hand that to the guard along with your driver's license. You are then allowed to go into the visiting room. Just follow what the person in front of you does through this process. Tell people that it is your first time and they will help you. You then mark your table with something - a sweater and buy some stuff out of the vending machine while waiting. The last time I was there was in October and will be visiting again June 6/7th. If you have any other questions just ask and I will do my best to answer. Oh I always go to the bank and get dollar coins and dollar bills since the change machine has been broken or empty before.

imissmybaby08
03-24-2009, 05:01 PM
thank u so much!! Im like a nervous wreck, lol who wouldnt be on that first visit my luck ill chicken out and turn back lol! but i wont. but thanks so much :)

Richs_wife
04-01-2009, 01:24 PM
My husband is at south bay and he hates it. He signed up for a faith based program because he seems to think he won't be able to go to work release from there. Does anybody have any experience with this?

ladylauderdale2
04-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks guys,
Kim

hello kim,

i go to southbay every saturday what day is the person visition on because they only have one day.only on holidays you can vist twice (sat & sun).

jlo3586
04-06-2009, 11:51 AM
lol thats great. Im at the omg i cant believe this is finally real stage lmao..Like i lived in fl almost my whole life so thats not a problem. but like my friends n i are renting a hotel and they r going to drop me off but im like thinking to myself shoot i dont want them to leave me lmao!! So its ok tho. Im scared and i hope i meet someone nice cuz ive NEVER EVER been to a prison/jail either of them! But thanks idk im scared lol scared out of my mind

I just had my first visit with my MWI this past weekend. I was so nervous I thought i was going to throw up. He was cool, calm and just made me feel so good. I have a post up in MWI for the whole scoop on the visit. Just remember to breathe when you get there and also, everyone I came in contact with was very pleasant. Good luck, and let us know how it goes. If you want to chat, feel free to PM me

imissmybaby08
04-06-2009, 01:17 PM
thanks guys! Well it turns out after a year he got himself transferred and he is no longer at South Bay, hes at SFRC , So ill have to see how that goes lol. but i sure hope its a goodone im nervous as EVER lol but thanks everyone

Lumina
05-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Is there anyone that has a loved one at South Bay C.I. in Fl. ?????

Richs_wife
05-07-2009, 03:23 PM
My husband is at South Bay. Let me know if there is anything you need to know.:)

imissmybaby08
05-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Mine is possibly going back there. he was there for i believe over a year

MrsPulga
06-12-2009, 11:58 AM
How is South Bay Visit, my husband might be transferred there

bjs
06-16-2009, 02:08 PM
My son is at South Bay Correc Fac in South Bay, Fl....only been there 4 months...any info about visitation would be wonderful, thanks so much, bjs

bjs
06-16-2009, 02:14 PM
My husband is at South Bay. Let me know if there is anything you need to know.:)

I would like visitation information for South Bay Correctional Facility in South Bay, Fl.....will be going in July for the first time....I read the instructions that was sent regarding visitation, but it's confusing. Do you really get searched? Must we leave all our "stuff" in the car? They sure don't make it easy to visit a loved one..........thanks for you help, bjs

JackieFlorida
06-21-2009, 07:49 AM
South Bay CF
Cars are not allowed onto the property until 8 in the morning. They line up in a parking area right off the road at the entrance. If you are there around 7 there are about 20 cars lined up so it isn’t too bad.
You can bring in $50, your ID and one car key. Your car must be locked.
Then the visitors line up in the same order as they were in their cars
Visitors are called in 10 at a time.
You walk through a metal detection machine and your clear bag is put through an x-ray machine like they have in the airport.
You are patted down in the women’s room
You write your inmate’s name and DC number on a scrap of paper and had it to a guard along with your id.
You proceed to the visiting area and wait for your inmate.
The guards have always been professional towards me.
I only visit every few months.
I hope this helps and if you have any questions please ask. This process seems to be the same at the other Florida prisons I have been to visiting my husband.

Bettyrose143
08-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Hi everyone,

I just found out my friend will be transfered from JCI to South Bay.

Can anyone tell me how this prison is? is it ok for prison terms?

also read something about visits is just for one day a weekend? I am coming to see him the weekend of thanksgiving and the weekend before that. how is that going to work? are thanksgiving and the friday after that extra visit days for everyone? can i go both saturday and sunday since i come from Europe via a special visit?

any info will help.. thanks.

Richs_wife
08-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I just found out my friend will be transfered from JCI to South Bay.

Can anyone tell me how this prison is? is it ok for prison terms?

also read something about visits is just for one day a weekend? I am coming to see him the weekend of thanksgiving and the weekend before that. how is that going to work? are thanksgiving and the friday after that extra visit days for everyone? can i go both saturday and sunday since i come from Europe via a special visit?

any info will help.. thanks.

I'm not sure about special visits, and if you haven't applied yet you probably should. It took them almost 3 months to approve my mother (on the other hand, only weeks for my brother). Better safe than sorry. My husband says it's a sweet camp for anyone who has a long sentence. They have air-conditioning and sattelite. They seem to be pretty laid back-for the most part. Its the 2nd largest facility in the state and privately owned. I hope this helps PM me if I forgot anything or you have other questions.

Bettyrose143
08-15-2009, 02:36 AM
visitlist is no problem, i am already on there, i went to visit him last january.
he has a long sentence so I am glad to hear your husband says it's a sweet camp for those.

ben's girl
08-15-2009, 06:55 AM
Yes, once he has moved there I would go ahead and inquire about being approved for the special visit.

Terrys Sis
08-29-2009, 09:55 AM
My brother was just transferred there about 2 weeks ago,so far he really likes it,can't wait to visit him!Is there anyone that has a loved one at South Bay C.I. in Fl. ?????

Terrys Sis
08-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Hey Jackie,its Jackie I am a bit confused about the lining up of cars?South Bay CF
Cars are not allowed onto the property until 8 in the morning. They line up in a parking area right off the road at the entrance. If you are there around 7 there are about 20 cars lined up so it isnít too bad.
You can bring in $50, your ID and one car key. Your car must be locked.
Then the visitors line up in the same order as they were in their cars
Visitors are called in 10 at a time.
You walk through a metal detection machine and your clear bag is put through an x-ray machine like they have in the airport.
You are patted down in the womenís room
You write your inmateís name and DC number on a scrap of paper and had it to a guard along with your id.
You proceed to the visiting area and wait for your inmate.
The guards have always been professional towards me.
I only visit every few months.
I hope this helps and if you have any questions please ask. This process seems to be the same at the other Florida prisons I have been to visiting my husband.

JackieFlorida
08-29-2009, 10:40 AM
At the entrance to the facility there is a parking area - some women sleep in their cars to be first in line. Cars are not allowed to go onto the property and park until 8 - so they line up waiting.

Bettyrose143
09-30-2009, 05:25 AM
do they use calling cards at south bay?? or do you have to set up an account with infinity to get calls? because i read somewhere (2006) that they had calling cards.. if so, how do they work?

loveaf55
12-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi my husband was just transferred to South Bay CF today so I was wondering if anyone has information about visitation, phones, etc. Any information will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much! :)

Demonsgirl
12-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Hello, my boyfriend was at South Bay for 3 years after being transferred last week. The phone service used is Infinity Networks. You can set up a pre paid account which is the easiest way to deal with the phones. Call 1-866-681-2948 to set up an account but you will need his PIN that he got from classification at S.B. Once the account is set up you then call 1-877-273-5012 to put money on the account. South bay really isn't that bad once they get used to all of the gates. That was the hardest for Demon to get used to, and the 10 minute "movement" periods. Other than that it seemed to be an okay facility, A little more lenient than DOC in some areas. Unfortunately I have never visited there so I'm not sure about visitation. I hope this helps :)

tattooval
01-28-2010, 09:46 PM
It looks like my boyfriend is getting transferred from Moore Haven to South Bay. Does anyone know: 1) does my infinity pre-paid account transfer or do I have to close down the old account and open a new one? 2) does visiting approval transfer automatically?
Also, when I visited at Moore Haven, I never showed up until 10-10:30 and there was never a line. It was 20-30 minutes from the parking lot to him sitting down with me. I see all these older posts about people lining up in the street. I work nights and there is no way I will ever get on line in the wee hours. Is there a problem getting in later? Do people get turned away? (I know holidays can be difficult, but I mean just any old weekend) At Moore Haven, they just started allowing sat and sun visits. Are they doing this at SB? If not, is the day assigned or is it my choosing?

loveaf55
02-16-2010, 06:56 PM
hey here are the answers to your ?s

1) does my infinity pre-paid account transfer or do I have to close down the old account and open a new one?
Call infinity networks when he does get transferred to let them know he is at south bay. You will need a new account. he will receive a new pin # at southbay so you will have to set up a whole new account. Make sure you tell them that he just came from moorehaven so they know to close that account so when you put money on under your phone # it goes to the new right account. (i speak from recent experience lol)
2) does visiting approval transfer automatically? yes, visiting approval transfers no matter what facility he goes to within the florida prison system. also, im not sure if he got transferred yet but if he hasn't, when he gets to sfrc you can visit him there. (in miami).

Also, when I visited at Moore Haven, I never showed up until 10-10:30 and there was never a line. It was 20-30 minutes from the parking lot to him sitting down with me. I see all these older posts about people lining up in the street. I work nights and there is no way I will ever get on line in the wee hours. Is there a problem getting in later? Do people get turned away? (I know holidays can be difficult, but I mean just any old weekend) At Moore Haven, they just started allowing sat and sun visits. Are they doing this at SB? If not, is the day assigned or is it my choosing?

Don't line up in the car line=pointless. I get there around 9 or 10 and walk right up to the doors, sometimes there is a small line like 3 or 4 ppl at 9 but usually (if they decide to be on time letting people in) then it is a very short wait. Once you get in it is quick to get inside and usually the guys come out pretty quickly.
No people don't get turned away there visiting park is a lot bigger than moorehaven's...plenty of places to sit.
It is now BOTH saturday and sunday visits.

Just a tip though: don't wear a hooded jacket or bring it in..they don't allow hooded jackets. I have heard lately that moorehaven is pretty strict on clothing..southbay really isn't so don't worry about that.

Anyway if you have any other ?'s please let me know!

:)

EnvyOf212
02-17-2010, 11:46 AM
South Bay is a really nice facility and the people there are nice as well.

Mrs.Wifey07
02-19-2010, 11:31 AM
My husband is at South Bay and I am waiting to be approved for visitation..Where are you guys located at?

loveaf55
02-23-2010, 05:59 PM
im in port st lucie u? visitation is pretty good there they really leave you alone and let you visit without bothering you :)

imissmybaby08
03-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Hey florida gang.

I have a few questions on South Bay's visiting. This will be the first time visiting there. i have only one visiting experiance and that was with Dade and it was a special visit n we were the only two! So not sure what to expect here. I know the clothing and what not.

My questions are

What time do you have to be there for your visit?
How long is the visit?
What kind of contact can you have with them. One kiss in the beginning and end? and then can you hold hands during the visit and what not?
How are the CO's there?

Any help would be great. Im nervous all over again. lol

loveaf55
03-13-2010, 06:52 PM
hey here are the answers to your ?s:

What time do you have to be there for your visit? You can get there as early as you want...some people get there at 5am and then they wait in their car and then they wait in line and end up getting in the park at 9am...they are sooo slow today i got there at 9 and didnt get in until 10:30. so its up to you.
How long is the visit? 9-3 they are supposed to start letting people in at 8:15 but sometimes they get extra lazy and dont start till like 8:45
What kind of contact can you have with them. One kiss in the beginning and end? and then can you hold hands during the visit and what not? the rule is one kiss, one hug in the beginning and end of the visit...but every1 does wayyy more than just 1 kiss at the beginning and end of the visit...every1 makes out and the guards dont care and you can hold hands throughout the whole day
How are the CO's there? some of them are nice...mostly they dont bother you and dont pay much attention ...i mean you cant like have sex in the middle of the place obviously but they dont bother you
Also, don't wear a hooded jacket they don't allow them. They also don't allow white shirts. They aren't too strict on clothing like ive heard about some other places but they will say something if your clothes are obviously too tight (like glued to your skin tight). You can visit both days now (it used to be only 1 day at south bay). They have only vending machines -no canteen window.
thats all i can think of but if u think of any other ?s let me know! :)

ks92677
03-26-2010, 04:25 AM
who/where does the visitation form get sent too?

tere226
06-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi...wondering if anyone knows what's going on at South Bay?....My fiance tells me the most recent warden has resigned...the computers are down and have been for maybe a week...i deposited money for him through inmate deposits and its been a week now and he still has no access to the monies.He tells me the officers say we should only send money orders now...why is beyond me....also he says drugs are running rampant....does anyone else here know what is goin on???

love baby
06-02-2010, 06:50 PM
I don't really know what's going on in there but from what I have read, drugs...yes they just had a big bust not that long ago. The money issue yes they were talking about that at my mans camp...something happened with there computers and money was put into the wrong accounts, ex. people would buy $5 worth of stuff and when they'd get there receipt it'd say $23, so they are having problems with that as well which from what I've heard they will not allow them to go to canteen or use there cards. At my mans cam last weekend they weren't taking any cards because they didn't know if there computers were messed up as well. But that is all I really know for now. I know the DOC wesite does say something about the money but nothing about having to send money orders. And as far as the drugs I can't recall if that was on the DOC website as well but I know its on here if you go to the News threads.

Richs_wife
06-08-2010, 07:21 AM
It is true that Warden Hobart resigned. An inmate died about a month ago, I think. He was to take a drug test and was left to wait. While waiting he decided to drink as much water as possible (to ensure a clean UA, I assume). Well, he basically flooded his system with water and died. Definitely not in compliance with Ch. 33. Of course, this is all what I've been told. As far as the computers go, I haven't heard anything about it, sorry.

JackieFlorida
06-08-2010, 07:26 AM
The inmate who died drank some bleach.

Richs_wife
06-09-2010, 08:05 AM
The inmate who died drank some bleach.
WOW!
When I talked to my husband yesterday, he said that Warden Hobart was forced to resign. Something about him trying to make too many changes. Its all hearsay though.

JackieFlorida
06-09-2010, 10:06 PM
All the guards are related to each other in some way or another at that Prison. It would be hell to be in charge of them.

JESTTRELLA
06-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Hello all, I am new to the whole prison thing, My fiance just got transfered from county to SFRC and now he is in South Bay, can anyone tell me anything about this facility? Its been a year and Im pretty nervous just waiting on the phone approval and visitation to get approved so I can go see him. Thank goodness he's only an hour and half away though I've traveled 6 hours before. Any help would be greatly aprreciated :)

JESTTRELLA
06-15-2010, 05:35 PM
My Fiance just got moved there, can anyone tell me what to expect? I havent heard from him and when i called they weren't very helpful

lovesick33
06-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Wow that place sounds like a college campus how i envy you lucky ladies hope to be there one day!!!

DAQ
06-16-2010, 01:29 AM
Hello all, I am new to the whole prison thing, My fiance just got transfered from county to SFRC and now he is in South Bay, can anyone tell me anything about this facility? Its been a year and Im pretty nervous just waiting on the phone approval and visitation to get approved so I can go see him. Thank goodness he's only an hour and half away though I've traveled 6 hours before. Any help would be greatly aprreciated :)

I used to work there. What would you like to know? :)

JESTTRELLA
06-16-2010, 02:14 PM
I would like to know more about visitation and are they strict and dress code. Will I be able to sit next to him, hold his hand, walk around? I finally heard from him today but I am getting so impatient waiting on the forms in the mail. Someone there at the prison told me I could download it online and send it in but I cant find it now. Does anyone have a PDF of it that they can send me?

amickeyfan
06-16-2010, 07:16 PM
I don't have first hand info on this place, just what my son has said he has "heard". He said he has heard that they have more here than at the DOC run prisons... he said some have said it is nicer.. but can there really be a "nice" prison?????

thewifey1515
07-31-2010, 10:50 AM

Hey... my man is there too... have you gotten approved already? They usually take forever...

hopefaithlove
08-03-2010, 01:26 PM
My husband just got transferred from there, I was there 4 months ago so this is what it was like then:

Visitation Hours: 9-3 (they started taking people in at 8:15)
Visiting Rules (not the ones listed in the 33’s, but first hand knowledge rules, things they do and don’t pick at, etc): they never bothered us about kissing (at the beginning and end of the visit), there isn't much room to walk around here like I have seen at other facilities, they have lots of games and toys there and they always have a movie on. they do have pictures there too.

Visiting Hints (attire, what time you should get up there, is it crowded first thing in the AM, do you get a number? etc): they didn't allow people to come in with jackets that have hoods (except for little babies), no plain white shirts-even for guys, they aren't too strict on clothing otherwise unless you wear something that is wayyyyyyyyy too tight on you. What the visitors do is they line up in their cars near the entrance to the facility (by the road) and then they drive onto the property at 8am (that is the earliest they allow it) and they get in line according to how they were in their cars. I hated waiting in south bay's long slow line though honestly if you get there at 8 you probably won't get in for 2 or 3 hours...it is so ridiculous. There are no numbers, and once you get in you have to put your stuff through a xray machine (like at the airport) ...which is strange since our bags are clear but whatever. and you sign in, walk thru the metal detector and then go in the bathroom to get searched, then you go to the window and write the name and dc number of the person you are coming to see, give them your id and they let you into the park.

Visiting Procedures – Do they use the old system by just taking your ID and giving you a slip, or are they using the computer hand check-in system?
Visiting Room (Does it have indoor and outdoor visiting rooms? Big/Sm?): old system (see above question) and the visiting room is pretty big, they have a bigger inside area and the outside area is small but they probably have about 15-20 tables outside.

Lodging Nearby: not sure on lodging, i never stayed in a hotel there but just be aware of where you stay...some places near there aren't the best area if you know what im saying

Charlie's Mom
08-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the good info. I hope you can help with my other questions. Is there a special procesure for commissary or does it still go through inmate banking? How are phone calls handled?

Can you visit both days? Do they ask people to leave due to overcrowding?

My son is approved for South Bay.

thewifey1515
08-16-2010, 09:02 AM
This Sunday 08/15/2010 at South Bay Corr. Fac. was a nightmare! Has anyone emailed or made any phone calls to file a complaint???? If so to who? :mad:

Also, I searched in FLDOC rules and Chapter 33 does not have anything listed about having to sit directly in front of the inmate if he is your husband, boyfriend or significant other as that one particular officer said! Has anyone searched and found anything on this???

Please advise. Thanks!

crazy2010
08-16-2010, 02:16 PM
What happened?

ben's girl
08-16-2010, 06:07 PM
The sitting across from the inmate is a common rule across many facilities. It is most likely at the discretion of the warden if this rule is applied.

The 1st facility Ben was at didn't have this rule and then he transferred to a private facility that did. Neither one of us knew of this until our first visit. Talk about shocked! Now every place we've been, with the exception of a short visit to RMC, has had this rule. It's really becoming the norm, at least in the Panhandle.

I can guarantee you it stemmed from too many people not being able to control themself next to their husband/bf. And with CCA it's seems to be standard practice in all of their facilities.

hopefaithlove
08-17-2010, 08:32 PM
I know they had this rule at moorehaven a couple years ago and now the warden from moorehaven is south bay's new warden so that could be the reason they are changing it.

ms. pulga
08-18-2010, 08:25 AM
I know in the Panhandle that is the rule. You have to sit across from each other and in the outside benches the inmates have a special chair they sit in. :(

thewifey1515
08-18-2010, 10:59 AM
I know they had this rule at moorehaven a couple years ago and now the warden from moorehaven is south bay's new warden so that could be the reason they are changing it.

Yes this seems to be the problem. I dont think its the Warden but a CO that came from over there.
:confused:

imissmybaby08
08-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Thats so strange, cause when we had a visit bout 3 months ago i sat on one side and he sat pretty much next to me, and the visits were so packed at one point we even had someone sitting with us at the table. I hope they arent going to start getting strict cause they are so laid back and relaxed it wasnt uptight what so ever. Sorry that had such an effect on your visit!

hesMYsquishy
08-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the good info. I hope you can help with my other questions. Is there a special procesure for commissary or does it still go through inmate banking? How are phone calls handled?

Can you visit both days? Do they ask people to leave due to overcrowding?

My son is approved for South Bay.

Hey!
Well, commissary can be deposited at the prison, online, or via the phone system. If you do it at the prison on the day of visit you can do it with cash or a credit/debit card. Anything less than $20.00 is $3.95 fee after that the fee increases to 5.95$, etc. If you decide to use a debit/credit cardÖ I suggest you find your place in line and then go inside add the funds and then go leave the card in your vehicle and then go back to your spot. Unfortunately, I took my card and it was such a headache going back and forth because you canít take the card inside the visit.
You can visit on both days. =) And on the holidays. If the holiday falls on a Saturday, then theyíll provide visit on Friday. And if the holiday falls on a Sunday, you may go visit them on a Monday.
Example: Labor Day is the next upcoming holiday, so, you may visit: 09/04, 09/05, AND 09/06. After Labor Day, they also honor Veteranís Day, which falls on a Thursday so if you live nearby, you may visit in mid-week. =)
Usually when itís overcrowded, theyíll make couples pair up with other couples and share a table. Since itís been real hot (90+ degrees) outside, people will just go outside instead. Sundayís are usually less crowded. The beginning and end of the month are usually the best weekends to visit because thatís when the majority of peopleís bills are due so money is a bit tight.

love baby
10-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Can anyone tell me what programs South Bay has? I've been looking online, and have looked at the DOC website, but know it's not accurate. From past experience some prisons do have programs that are not listed on the website. So can anyone tell me what programs are offered at South Bay. Thank u

ejordan865
03-15-2011, 07:11 PM
I have a question on the phones at south bay, I heard they dont use cbs(securus whatever they are calling it these days), so what is the name of the company? Do I have to set up a prepaid account like cbs, how does the whole thing work??

ben's girl
03-15-2011, 08:12 PM
There is a Sticky thread in the Phone forum that lists the phone providers for private facilities. I don't know about the company for South Bay but they may have a website that will give you some info. There also may be some previous threads with some info. :)

MariSanti
05-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Hi - My husband just got approved to transfer to South Bay. I've seen quite a few older threads about visitation there but was wondering if anyone had more recent info they could share with me? How is visitation there? Are inmates required to sit on the opposite side of the table? Are visitations generally laid back and enjoyable there (I'm not asking if it's a free for all there - just that you're allowed to enjoy hassle free visits)? How are they about dress code?

Any info and/or experiences you can provide is most appreciated.

Thanks so much!!:D

Mari

MariSanti
06-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Anyone?? :)

love baby
06-13-2011, 09:53 AM
My man just got transferred there as well, does anyone have any updated information?

love baby
06-14-2011, 09:39 PM
How do I add money to his account? Are they really allowed to call cel phones now? If so does the cel phone have to be approved on ur phone list?

His Princesa
06-14-2011, 10:20 PM
How do I add money to his account? Are they really allowed to call cel phones now? If so does the cel phone have to be approved on ur phone list?

No they can't call cell phones... um I forget the website but Google geo and south bay ci and u will find it

BAYBAYWIFE
02-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Hello anyone have any updated information on South Bay?? My husband is putting in his good adjustment transfer and want to go to this facility. Any information would be appreciated (phone company, visits, staff) The reason I say phone company because I heard they do not use Securus and they calls are much higher is there any truth to this?

Thank you:thumbsup:

southbaysucks27
04-13-2012, 07:19 PM
to be honest, it all depends on race...if your loved one is African American, I would say go with South Bay...they have air conditioning, lax rules, not as "military" as Doc facilities..Of course, your loved one may end up with salmonella poisoning like @ 40 of the guys did a few months ago...
If your loved one is not African American, you may still opt for South Bay, but have him be prepared for a little "reverse discrimination"...the staff at SB is 95% black, and they are a lot more "cooperative" with black inmates and visiting family members than their Caucasian counterparts.......
The commissary prices are much higher than DOC facilities, the vending and change machines are usually out of order, the phones that the guys use don't work half the time...Drugs are readily available...so, if youíre loved one has a drug problem, I woudl pick Martin...although, I have been hearing a lot of bad things about Martin lately as well...it is a toss up,
But go with South Bay...just be mindful you will have to put up with a LOT of rudenes sand unprofessional behavior from the staff. ..some of which were fired for sneaking in drugs and contraband....

ARIANA51321
04-19-2012, 07:48 AM
:angry: IM EAGER TO KNOW HOW IS THIS PRIVATE PRISON LIKE. MY HUSBAND WILL BE TRANSFERED OVER THERE AND I HAVE NO CLUE HOW VISITATION IS, I NEED SOMEONE THAT HAS BEEN THERE RECENTLY OR IS STILL GOING THERE TO LET ME KNOW HOW THIS IS. BUT MOSTLY I NEED TO KNOW HOW OVERALL THIS PRISON IS LIKE FOR INMATES. IS THE FOOD BETTER FOR THEM? IS THE TREATMENT FROM OFFICERS BETTER? I NEED TO KNOW SO HE KNOWS WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN HE IS SENT OVER THERE. PLEASE URGENTLY HE AS SHORT TIME LEFT TO GET TRANSFERED.

LittleSunshine
04-19-2012, 11:33 AM
My ex was there and didn't have issues ... I tried to get my husband there lol

ARIANA51321
04-20-2012, 01:12 PM
my ex was there and didn't have issues ... I tried to get my husband there lol
did you ever visit south bay? How is the people... ?(officers , visitation etc)
i leave 1 hour away, i was wondering how the inmates. Is it true that there is mad drugs in that prison. How is the food for visitors and inmates? So to ask so many questions but i want to know for me and for my man so i can let him know.
What is the difference between private and state prisons?

LittleSunshine
04-20-2012, 11:28 PM
Private can be better, has air conditioning unlike a lot of other prisons.. Never visited and there r drugs at every prison ;) it's not bad there at all girl he is lucky

Sire
05-16-2012, 05:30 PM
As of May 1st can add cell phones to your calling list @ SB

TeamC_10
05-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Have anyone visited southbay lately? I should be approved in the next week or so and I was wondering how would visitation be with a 3 year old. County kind of sucked since I had to keep him sitting down the whole time and nothing to snack for the baby.

ARIANA51321
05-23-2012, 12:41 PM
As of May 1st can add cell phones to your calling list @ SB
when i called infinity they told me that you can only add one phone number and its a house phone. what info do you have.?
im still waiting for the pin# my husband just got transfered to south bay i have no clue how the visitation is. can you tell me how it is.? how long does it take for the phone to get activated. or at least the inmate be in the system so i can be able to get pin to activate phone? im eager to know how he is. this weekend im going to see him. can you please help me out. thanks:confused:

TeamC_10
05-23-2012, 12:48 PM
About them getting their pin it should take a week or two. My husband got his between that time. Southbay approved my husband phone list which it was my cell phone number and house number I still haven't put any money on my cell since I been using what I had left on my house phone. I will be adding money on my cell and I'll let you know how it went once I call infinity. I'm still waiting for my visitation form to be approve. Let me know how visitation went for u and how early u had to be there and the whole process.

Chaiful
05-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Would any who have someone at this facility and/or have recently visited please post some comments and information. There seems to be several peole with questions but I just don't see any answers. I haven't been there and I also would like to know about this camp. Thank you to those that share - it is appreciated.

ARIANA51321
05-29-2012, 02:30 PM
hello i just went to my first visit to south bay this memorial weekend. i can say its the most relax prison ever. first when you get there there is a line u make and they allow 10 families at a time, not 10 people but 10 families. once in they make you sign a sheet a paper for adults and another for kids. 5 adults max kids dont count. take your watch, and chain and thick bracelets off, and shoes and put it threw an x ray machine like the airports, and you pass thru a metal detector, then a woman searches you and then you go to another window and give the inmates name, they stamp your left hand with a code that is only seen by black light, and they keep your id and give you a little card so you can give back to them when you leave. once inside vistation, the inside visit is huge about 30 or more tables, and the outside is 12 tables but no shade so it gets hot outside, but inside its great, also they have an area with kids being watched by an inmate that is his job and he puts movies and its great for kids well my kids loved it. you can hug him and kiss him hold hands and walk around with him, and hold hands and here and there kiss and they dont care. as long as you are not being to disrespectful. they have a beautiful site to take picture, but the inmate as to purchase the picture before visit. we cant purchase it like other facilities let you. the food is awesome when i mean awesome is cause they have rice, steak, pork chunks, pork steak, chicken, spicy chicken, spagettiis, pork sandwich, steak sandwich, milk, deserts, every kind of soda, juices, they have a change machine that mostly the guy is there twice a day during visit putting more change. but you can bring change from the outside, like quarters and etc but no pennys. they have about 9 machines of food, and 6 of drinks. its really good, i mean the inmates are going to get fat out of this good food. my husband loved it. and he said its a very good prison, very relaxing. and that the most best part they have great careers, he is starting masonary brick and block. but they have many more. visitations is from 8-3pm. sat and sun, and in holidays depends how it lands. if u need more info let me know.

Greeneyedlover1
05-31-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm going to see my boyfriend for the first time on saturday, what is the dress code? He is telling me that I can't wear tight pants, well all my pants are tight so how does that work? lol I'm very nervous, does anyone have any encouraging words?

Chaiful
06-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Your description is very helpful and gives me a mental picture that is encouraging. You really make the food sound good. I know there is a large population there and it sounds like they make it pleasant for the children. Thanks again for your post. I hope 'yours' does well there.

ARIANA51321
06-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Your description is very helpful and gives me a mental picture that is encouraging. You really make the food sound good. I know there is a large population there and it sounds like they make it pleasant for the children. Thanks again for your post. I hope 'yours' does well there.
the food is good, and the little space for the kids is great, ive been there all three days of memorial weekend, and i went this sunday that just passed, and for me its great. there is two officers one female and one male that are kinda mean in the dress code, but since there is not point of going all tight over there cause in reality you are trying to avoid your man in getting in trouble. so just wear pants that are not to tight, and if anything bring a long shirt just in case, what i do is i wear those sweat cotton pants that are mostly for the cold, but its to the length of my knee, and a regular shirt, remember no black or white shirts. but i always bring extra clothes. i have some of every color of those pants so they really dont care, try no to wear a shirt that is see thru, or that is to cut in the front that they can see your clevage, and dont bring no hooded sweater not for adults and not for kids. other than that its a nice relaxing place. i believe its cool, its one hour away from home but better than any other i have visited it.

ARIANA51321
06-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Have anyone visited southbay lately? I should be approved in the next week or so and I was wondering how would visitation be with a 3 year old. County kind of sucked since I had to keep him sitting down the whole time and nothing to snack for the baby.
have you gone to visit already at south bay?

TeamC_10
06-11-2012, 05:15 PM
have you gone to visit already at south bay?

Yes, I gone the last past two weeks.

Greeneyedlover1
06-13-2012, 06:51 PM
I just went and saw my boyfriend at South Bay for the first time at the beginning of the month. You have to make sure your clothes are not too tight, they almost didn't let me in and you have to have your id and up to $50 in a ziplock see through baggie and only a keyring with your single car key on it. The phone company they use is Infinity Networks and the number is 1-800-841-2403, I hope this helped you :)

ARIANA51321
06-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Yes, I gone the last past two weeks.
by any chance are you the girl that as a small boy, that the first visit the boy was screaming and crying for his daddy, and he wanted to go back in cause visitation was over and your son was screaming i want daddy, and he was holding on to the door knob. and he did the same thing outside when you were leaving the institution.

TeamC_10
06-22-2012, 04:52 PM
by any chance are you the girl that as a small boy, that the first visit the boy was screaming and crying for his daddy, and he wanted to go back in cause visitation was over and your son was screaming i want daddy, and he was holding on to the door knob. and he did the same thing outside when you were leaving the institution.

Yup that's me lol. That was my second time going. He loves his daddy can you tell lol.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

JackieFlorida
06-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Infinity Networks Web Page - phone company once you have an account
https://www.infinitynetworks.biz/

Web page to put money on his book
https://www.accesscorrections.com/index.php?logic=setprogram&Program=&p=1

ishookedonhim
06-26-2012, 07:29 AM
is there a way to check an inmates account to see if they have funds at this prison? I tried the # put in his DC# and got nothing. Thanks

NAN425
06-26-2012, 02:30 PM
South Bay is private so they don't use the DOC inmate account system, which is why you aren't getting a record for him on it.

ARIANA51321
06-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Yup that's me lol. That was my second time going. He loves his daddy can you tell lol.

im so mad cause my hubby got transfered to another facility after being there only 1 month now we got to get use to another prison. im so pissed now i got to change all the accounts of phone and his account all over again. incredible. im so mad now supposely he is in dade correctional institution:angry:

ishookedonhim
06-26-2012, 07:33 PM
im so mad cause my hubby got transfered to another facility after being there only 1 month now we got to get use to another prison. im so pissed now i got to change all the accounts of phone and his account all over again. incredible. im so mad now supposely he is in dade correctional institution:angry:

Why did they transfer him

TeamC_10
06-26-2012, 08:02 PM

Wow... Why did he get transfer again? Isn't he about to get out soon? :-/

ARIANA51321
06-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Why did they transfer him

supposedly to send him to dade correctional institution to go to tcu its transitional care unit. that they have a better health center there, i know my husband as been taking depression pills since i lost our baby when i was 8 mths prego but damn he as 3 months left and they keep moving him around as if he is a piece of garbage now i wonder how is dade correctional institution in florida city. now i got to get use to going to a new place..:mad:

ARIANA51321
06-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Wow... Why did he get transfer again? Isn't he about to get out soon? :-/

suppsosedly to cause they put him in TCU . a health issue. and yea he gets out in 3 mths and half. well it was nice seeing you there and my kids interacting with your son. it last to short... hope your man comes out fast. south bay is great its an awesome place:thumbsup:

ARIANA51321
06-27-2012, 05:44 PM
is there a way to check an inmates account to see if they have funds at this prison? I tried the # put in his DC# and got nothing. Thanks
there is a way call south bay and ask for inmate banking. the lady that comes out will ask for the dc # and she will tell you his funds if he as any....i did it a couple times and with no problem she gave me his funds, or when there is a deposit added and all. never had issues call south bay, press 0 for operator when that person comes out tell them you want inmate banking to know the funds of the inmate and they will transfer you to the other dept and they will help you and tell you....:thumbsup:

TeamC_10
06-27-2012, 07:21 PM
suppsosedly to cause they put him in TCU . a health issue. and yea he gets out in 3 mths and half. well it was nice seeing you there and my kids interacting with your son. it last to short... hope your man comes out fast. south bay is great its an awesome place:thumbsup:

There is 3 more months left its right around the corner :-). Are u the one who has a little boy And the girl. You go with another girl and a lady? My man will be there til Sept. 2013 :-(. Time goes by fast for me since I work mon-friday and my son entertains me and keeps me busy :-)

Greeneyedlover1
06-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Okay girls, my best friend/boyfriend is in South Bay, I have known him for 6 years and we have been talking on and off for 6 years, recently, within the last couple months he confessed to me that he is in love with me and has this dream of us being together, the truth is I am completely in love with him and would marry him in a heartbeat, my biggest problem is that he was sentenced to life (for something that he didn't do) he is trying to convince the judge that he is innocent so he can get out, he has been in there for 7 years, I live with his dad and I know his family and everything, how do I deal with the fact that he might be in there for life, how do you guys handle it for those of you that have men in there for a long period of time? How does the getting married thing while he is in South Bay work? I'm just so confused and I need someone to talk to that will actually understand me, I love him so much, anyone that can give me any advice, please feel free and please be nice, I am extremely emotional lol Thank you :)

NAN425
06-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Okay girls, my best friend/boyfriend is in South Bay, I have known him for 6 years and we have been talking on and off for 6 years, recently, within the last couple months he confessed to me that he is in love with me and has this dream of us being together, the truth is I am completely in love with him and would marry him in a heartbeat, my biggest problem is that he was sentenced to life (for something that he didn't do) he is trying to convince the judge that he is innocent so he can get out, he has been in there for 7 years, I live with his dad and I know his family and everything, how do I deal with the fact that he might be in there for life, how do you guys handle it for those of you that have men in there for a long period of time? How does the getting married thing while he is in South Bay work? I'm just so confused and I need someone to talk to that will actually understand me, I love him so much, anyone that can give me any advice, please feel free and please be nice, I am extremely emotional lol Thank you :)

I suggest you try the Loving a Lifer (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=211) forum on this board. I'm sure they can be of the most help.

There's also some threads in the Florida forum here about getting married in Florida.

Greeneyedlover1
06-30-2012, 05:26 PM
I kinda would like to talk to people that are with people at South Bay, people more in my area.Is anyone else dating/married to a Lifer at South Bay?

dayi0407
08-18-2012, 04:13 PM
My bf just got transferred here! Any word on how the facility is?

Chaiful
08-29-2012, 04:26 PM
My bf just got transferred here! Any word on how the facility is?

It has a large population and seems to be different from the DOC run camps. The food is better than some other locations and it does have air conditioning. In my opinion, it seems tol depend on their prior experience as to how they feel about this facility. Hope your bf is adjusting.

Chaiful
09-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Does anyone have any information on the lockdown at South Bay? I don't see any information coming out about it.

TeamC_10
09-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Does anyone have any information on the lockdown at South Bay? I don't see any information coming out about it.

Someone got stabbed so they locked down the facility. I believe it's only for 72 hours.

Chaiful
09-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks for posting about the lockdown. I am glad that is finally over. Now he tells me they have installed new phones and they say the phone service will be cut on Monday. He could not tell me what company will be handling the service then. I hope it doesn't take too long to find out and get things setup again for his calls. It is comforting to hear his voice.

TeamC_10
09-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks for posting about the lockdown. I am glad that is finally over. Now he tells me they have installed new phones and they say the phone service will be cut on Monday. He could not tell me what company will be handling the service then. I hope it doesn't take too long to find out and get things setup again for his calls. It is comforting to hear his voice.

Yes Monday, The new phone company number is 18885068407 effective Monday. You may also call the facility and speak with someone name spooner. Also, supposedly they will be able to call you from the new phone system so your number can re program and then their call will hang up but you will stay on the line with the new company to set up a new account.

Chaiful
09-12-2012, 06:18 PM
TeamC 10 you had it exactly right. He got his pin# today and called us 10 minutes later. We already had the account set so we could talk. He called back to our cell phone and now we have an account on that. He wasn't able to call our cell phone before. Thanks for being so helpful. The new phones really make the conversation so clear.

southbaysucks27
04-02-2014, 06:12 PM
If you were to put in for a transfer would you pick SouthBay or Martin?

My brother has been to both. Quite honestly, a black inmate will love South Bay; a white inmate may due better at Martin, although it is stricter, there is less rampant discrimination and corruption.

Rnc4e76
12-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Good Morning! My dude was just transferred to South Bay earlier this week. Can anyone please tell me who the phone company they use is? I sent him my bill and contract. Do they go through classification again or is that just at reception? Does he have to wait so long for visits? Can anyone tell me where I can download and print out the form or do I have to wait for him to mail it to me? Money...can I still use jpay or access corrections is the best one? If there is any information you can give me I would appreciate it. Yes I am very very new to all of this. Can't wait it to be over :(