Gulf Correctional Institution
o 500 Ike Steele Road
Wewahitchka, Florida 32465-0010
o (850) 639-1000
o http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region1/109.html
o FAX: (850) 639-1182
o E-Mail: gulfci@mail.dc.state.fl.us
o Chaplain's Office - (850) 639-1475

Directions: Take I-10 to Exit 142 (SR-71 South) approximately 42 miles to Stone Mill Creek Road. Turn right off Hwy-71 onto Stone Mill Creek Road. Institution is approximately three miles from Hwy-71.

Historical Information: This facility was established in 1992 and houses adult male inmates. Gulf Forestry Camp and Franklin Work Camp are under the supervision of Gulf C.I. and employs 69 staff members. Gulf Forestry Camp's address: 3222 DOC Whitfield Road Wewahitchka Fl 32465.

Total Staff (on 7/12): 270

Type of Housing Units:
Open Bay Housing Units - 6
Cell Housing Units - 3
Room Housing Units - 0
Total Capacity - 1,568
Other Information:
Population Gender - Male
Adult or Youthful -Adult
Facility Level - 5
Self Contained Housing Units - Yes
Designated Confinement Space - Yes
Custody Grades - Close, Medium, Minimum, Community
Medical Grades - 1 through 4
Psychological Grades - 1 and 2
Wheelchair Capabilities - Yes
Hearing Impaired Capabilities - No

Academic Programs:
• Access
•Adult Basic Education
•Choices
•General Educational Development (GED)
•Ready To Work
•Volunteer Literacy

Vocational Programs:
•None at this time

Substance Abuse Programs:
•Celebrate Recovery
•Substance Abuse Prevention/Education
•The Most Excellent Way

Chaplaincy Services:
•Anger Resolution
•Basic Life principles
•Bondage to Freedom
•Chapel Library Program
•Faith-based alternative transitional program
•Laubach Literacy
•Prison Fellowship biannual
•Religious education
•Storybook Program
•Straight From the Heart ‚€“ personal development
•Transition Housing Assistance
•Worship services

Institutional Betterment Programs:
• 100-Hour Transition Program
• 63-hour Wellness Education Course
• Active and Passive Sports
• Alcoholics Anonymous
• Character Qualities
• Financial Freedom
• Fresh Start Smoking Cessation
• Law Library Program
• Library Program
• Life after Prison
• Narcotics Anonymous
• Parenting
• Pre- Release Counseling
• Victim Impact Awareness
• Thinking for a Change
• Inside/Out Dads
• Anger Management
• LaRed Values
• Re-Entry Seminars

P.R.I.D.E. Assignments:
• None at this time

Community Work Squads:
Dept. of Transportation - 0 Squads
Public Work Squads - 9 Squads
Interagency Community Service Work Squads - Yes
Please post any additional information (or anything else that we should know!!):

Visitation Hours
Visiting Rules (not the ones listed in the 33’s, but first hand knowledge rules, things they do and don’t pick at, etc)
Visiting Hints (attire, what time you should get up there, is it crowded first thing in the AM, do you get a number? etc)
Visiting Procedures – Do they use the old system by just taking your ID and giving you a slip, or are they using the computer hand check-in system?
Visiting Room (Does it have indoor and outdoor visiting rooms? Big/Sm?)
Lodging Nearby

Marlana
09-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Does anyone have a loved one @ Gulf correctional facility:confused:

Marlana
09-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Anyone have a loved one in gulf correctional facility:confused:

Ross811
09-20-2006, 08:42 AM
My fiance was just transferred there yesterday, and I have absolutely no idea about this camp. He is actually at the annex. This just happened out of the blue...So I don't know what's going on. Any information anyone could give me about this facility would be greatly appreciated.

so_hurt
09-20-2006, 05:56 PM
I do

imissmydad
10-22-2006, 09:42 PM
i do :(

i've been reading asll these bad things going on there with the guards... i hope my dads ok.. :(

Ross811
10-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Is your dad at the main unit or the annex imissmydad?

Jaysprincess
05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
my finance just got to gulf this week... I already worry should i really worry about the guards? i here that they are pretty bad there does anyone have any advice?

Jaysprincess
05-10-2007, 08:38 PM
my fiance just got transferd to gulf i'd like some information if anyone can give it

Ross811
05-15-2007, 07:50 AM
my fiance just got transferd to gulf i'd like some information if anyone can give it

My husband has been there for 8 months now, so I have a pretty good feel of the place as I am up there every weekend. Is your fiance at the main unit or the annex?

Jaysprincess
05-16-2007, 08:49 PM
hes in the main unit... how long did it take for you to get approved for visits??

Ross811
05-17-2007, 08:13 AM
hes in the main unit... how long did it take for you to get approved for visits??

I was already approved from another institution. But it just depends on the classification officer and how quickly they want to get it done. It only took me two days, but sometimes it can take weeks. When my husband and I got married, we had my nephew approved w/in an hour. It doesn't take them long at all to get the approval done, it's just when they feel like doing it. Do you know who his CO officer is?

Jaysprincess
05-17-2007, 08:51 PM
I have no idea i just sent my application back today... i'm hoping to be able to make the drive for memorial day weekend. We're in the process of getting married as well so hopefully it won't take to long any advice?

MaryLC
07-05-2007, 08:11 PM
My Boyfriend is at gulf ci is it o.k there

Ross811
07-09-2007, 10:02 AM
My Boyfriend is at gulf ci is it o.k there

Is he at the main unit or the annex?

MaryLC
07-15-2007, 11:05 PM
He is at the main unit.

Ross811
07-16-2007, 08:24 AM
My husband is at the annex, but jaysprincess' fiance is at the main unit. She can give you more info. But all in all, it's a pretty laid back camp. I hear that the visitor park at the main unit is really nice, compared to the annex. Not too much excitement there, so compared to other camps, your boyfriend is in an okay place! **smiles** Let me know if you need anything.

He is at the main unit.

hissunshine
08-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Can u please tell me what is best to wear to vistitation, my fiance is there and im going to visit him really soon and i don't want to be turned away i haven't seen him in months.

Ross811
08-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Do not wear white pants, even if they aren't see through. No tight pants, shorts, etc.. No spandex. If you wear a skirt, you must wear a slip even if you can't see through it. Make sure you can't see your bra line through your shirt. Gulf is real stickler's about having shirts that are long enough in the back. So when you sit down, lean forward and make sure your shirt doesn't come up where you can see your back. They will get all over you about that.

If I were you, on my first visit I would wear something like capris and a t-shirt, until you get a feel of what is and isn't allowed.

Can u please tell me what is best to wear to vistitation, my fiance is there and im going to visit him really soon and i don't want to be turned away i haven't seen him in months.

hissunshine
08-14-2007, 07:08 AM
Thank you that really helped I have heard so many different things.

shelby66
09-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi I'm Shelley I Have A 20 Year Old Son In Gulf Any ? I Might Be Able To Help

hissunshine
09-23-2007, 08:12 AM
shelby has your son had any problems there? i know my fiance tries to stay out of everyones way ecspecially the gaurds because he doesn't want to give them any reason to give him a DR or take any gain time. i know that he didn't get any gain time for last month and he said because alot of the guys gor cc's(whatever that is) because the were asleep when they called for check or something. my baby never reported any problems with gaurd or anything ran into a problem or two with other inmates on the courts, but nothing major. so any info about anything would really help, this isn't his first time being in prison and i know he knows how to act and what to do and not to do, but i also know he isn't going to tell me anything that might make me worry, so i really need an outsiders help to stop the questions running through my head daily.

shelby66
09-26-2007, 08:03 AM
hissunshine my son has not had any problems yet he pretty much keeps to himself because he has been in prison before to he is in gulf forestry right now and has work release so it makes it easier on him dealing with everybody I'm going to visit this weekend so I will find out for sure. I hope everything stays well with your fiance good luck. I'll keep in touch with you.

hissunshine
09-27-2007, 09:15 PM
yeah this is the second time in for my fiance too, but he only tells me what he wants me to know as i said before, and last time we didn't really talk until he was on his way home and already on work release we kind of got seperated during the whole process,so this is all new to me, but thanks for your help and asking your son.

jezz056
12-25-2007, 02:08 PM
hi my boyfriend is also in gulf forestry.hes been there since May.at the main Unit.I can only talk to him through letters..not by phone at the moment and I miss hearing his voice and seeing his face.Havent seen him in a year due to transportation.Id be willing to pay for all Gas and espenses if any1 would be willing to take me to visit..I live in Orlando.ANyways, thought Id put it out there as Im desperate to see my baby.

Griegito
01-17-2008, 04:43 PM
would someone who visits or has a loved one in Gulf Main please PM me... I have a rather delicate situation that I would like to discuss with someone/anyone who has an inmate in Gulf... as I am trying to get some advice and information on how to proceed in this situation.

Thank you all and God Bless.

Griegito
01-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks to all who responded to me re: this post. I have however solved my issue... but Thanks again to all who were willing to help.

God Bless and good luck to all.

ben's girl
05-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Does anyone have any updates about Gulf Annex? Visitation or how things have been at the facility lately?

jezz056
05-06-2008, 04:17 PM
when I went to visit in March I carpooled with a girl whos boyfriend was at the gulf annex.(mine was at the camp).She said that viso was super crowded and that they got to fool around due to lack of supervision.She said her boyfriend hated the annex.he complained about how dirty and gross alot of the inmates were there.really violent.Alot of fights.BUt as far as viso it was better than the camp.From what she told me.

Don Quixote
05-06-2008, 04:20 PM
I was there a couple of months ago. It starts at 8 because its on CST. We were late and there was no wait. There are both vending machines and real life people canteen. The place is small indoors and we didn't see any chairs outside but there were a lot of people walking around in the yard. There are toys and games for kids. It seemed pretty ordinary.

The place is a little difficult to find, though the mapquest directions are accurate.

ben's girl
05-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Thank you for the information. I forgot to ask 1 other question. I know some facilities don't allow open toed shoes and I pretty much live in my flip flops and sandals all summer. Will I be able to wear these? And are you allowed to park in the parking lot if you get there early or do you line up on the street? Ok, so 2 questions...

jezz056
05-07-2008, 07:57 PM
At gulf forestry camp and at the annex they are both relaxed on the open toe policy.I showed up in sneakers annoyed every1 around me was wearing sandals and the girl I carpooled with said alot of people at the annex wore sandals too.Im not sure about the annex and if they let you line up early or not.the camp they had us wait under a little waiting area outside and then we lined up.Umm thats all I know hope it helps some.

iheartterry
06-20-2008, 04:34 PM
my boyfriend just got transferred to gulf c.i. annex from bay correctional, he doesn't know why. he said he is in the faith-based dorm. i dont know how much better that makes it. in 6 years he has never told me anything bad. i know he doesnt want me to worry. but im sure bad things happen there.

the directions confuse me. i live in tampa. i go to see him there for the first time july 19,20. theres really no hotels nearby that are decent, so since bay correctional isnt very far from gulf, i decided to stay in the same hotel. but the directions from the hotel to the prison are confusing as well.

let me know if you have any input :)

nosanity03
06-20-2008, 06:49 PM
my boyfriend just got transferred to gulf c.i. annex from bay correctional, he doesn't know why. he said he is in the faith-based dorm. i dont know how much better that makes it. in 6 years he has never told me anything bad. i know he doesnt want me to worry. but im sure bad things happen there.

the directions confuse me. i live in tampa. i go to see him there for the first time july 19,20. theres really no hotels nearby that are decent, so since bay correctional isnt very far from gulf, i decided to stay in the same hotel. but the directions from the hotel to the prison are confusing as well.

let me know if you have any input :)

If you're looking for a place to stay in Gulf County, there's a new suite hotel in Port St. Joe, about 20 mins from Wewahitchka. It opened about a year ago. You just go north through the National Forest, and you right through Wewa. I live about 20 mins east of Gulf County, so if anyone has any questions about the area, just ask!

SAHJJH
07-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey, My bf just got transferred to Gulf CI. This is his first time ever in prison and I'm new to everything. I've submitted my viso form and am waiting for approval. I'm currently in Gainesville and this city is still far as hell from me.

It's going to be my first time visiting a prison ever so I was wondering what's the visitation like and are there any like specific rules I should really follow? I also wanted to know about lodging in the area. I know someone mentioned a place in Port St. Joe, what's it called? I also wanted to know what's Gulf like? Are they super strict? Anything you can tell me would be appreciated. Thanks.

ben's girl
07-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey, My bf just got transferred to Gulf CI.

Will you be visiting Gulf CI Main or the Annex? I noticed that Main is a lot busier than the Annex so I would get there early since it will take you a little longer to get in your first time. I've seen people there are early as 6:45. They could get there sooner but I never got there earlier than that. Gulf Main is the first prison (both facilities are located on the same property).

SAHJJH
07-11-2008, 07:12 PM
He's at the Main Unit. Would that be 6:45 my time (eastern) or his time (central)? He told me that when I come up I'll think I'm lost but I won't be and that I should just follow the directions exactly as they are.

jessicar
07-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi, everyone. This is my first post.

Could someone tell me please what Gulf C.I. is like? My former student is in the main unit, not the annex. I have read very different things about it.

Some say it is a fairly mellow place and that most of the correctional officers are fairly decent. Others have some difficult stories.

I don't know what to believe.

Also, how do I help someone who is serving 25 to life? What can I do to make his life easier?

ben's girl
07-12-2008, 12:06 PM
He's at the Main Unit. Would that be 6:45 my time (eastern) or his time (central)? He told me that when I come up I'll think I'm lost but I won't be and that I should just follow the directions exactly as they are.

6:45 CST. I've come up Hwy 22 and Hwy 71 and there are signs for the facility on boths roads. Off Hwy 71 (you turn at a Texaco that has a nightclub in the back of it :eek:, Club Wewa (my husband and I get the biggest kick out that) you wind through a neighborhood, but their are still signs that guide you. The sign off Hwy 22 just turns you onto Road 5. Not much on that road, but you come out on the other side of the neighborhood from Hwy 71. I like to say "if you think you've gone too far, you're going in the right direction."

SAHJJH
07-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks so much!

Don Quixote
07-12-2008, 08:15 PM
QUOTE Could someone tell me please what Gulf C.I. is like? My former student is in the main unit, not the annex. ....

Some say it is a fairly mellow place and that most of the correctional officers are fairly decent. Others have some difficult stories.
Also, how do I help someone who is serving 25 to life? What can I do to make his life easier? UNQUOTE

This is really tough. What you want to convey to the inmate is that he gets to chose whether the time he spends in prison is engaged in healthy and positive things, or whether he allows himself to mire in the lack of skills that got him where he is. In other words, he can do what is right and have some measure of personal peace in a storm, or he can follow a crowd which isn't doing right. If he choses the latter, he may find some aspects of prison life easier, but it will be at the cost of his own dignity.

You can send him books, even college courses with the warden's approval, and if you accept his phone calls, you can discuss the books and ideas he is reading. You can write regularly, even if he phones, because he can read the letters anytime he wants, and he is likely to re-read them a lot. In those letters you can send him pictures of new inventions or describe the new ideas you encounter and new gadgets that make life easier so when he gets out he knows something about the world he will re-enter. There will be no prison services, so he will have to make his own rehabilitation. When he has been in prison without any disciplinary referrals, he may have opportunities to be of service in some prisons that do things like raise abandoned animals, or some other project (or you can help him think of one that he can propose to the warden, like reading books aloud to send home to children): if he volunteers for such project he will be glad he did.

Prison can be hard and the officers at any institution run the gamut. I've been told recently that alcohol and drugs are easy to get at Gulf and in most of the prisons in North Florida (may also be true of other parts of the state, but I don't know). So he will need to decide for himself to avoid the stuff. He needs to pay particular attention to the instructions he will receive about the grievance procedures because that is the way he gets a response if an officer is out of line. But the first step should always be to work it out with the officer at the lowest level.

You don't say his age, but if he is under 22 and had an IEP, then he has federal rights to educational services, which FDOC is in the process of litigating to avoid. PM me and I'll tell you more about how he can get the help he needs, if this applies.

He will receive everything he really needs in prison, but most want to purchase boots and long johns and other winter clothes and a few other things. If you want to spare some money, you can send it to him, but he will NEED very little of it (and you can find out if anyone else is sending him money in FL because that info is public, just call) Too much money can make him a target of some types of inmates.

I'm so glad you care enough to ask. Your contact may be what helps him leave prison in 25+ years without becoming worse than he went in.

jessicar
07-13-2008, 06:12 AM
Thank you so much for this helpful advice. This is just the kind of advice I was looking for. I really appreciate the time you took to write it.

Peace be with you.

Lion's Victory
01-29-2009, 09:22 AM
My fiance' got transferred there yesterday. I've read old posts but I wanted to know if anyone has anyone there. Also if you could give me some in-site on visitation, phone calls, and hotels around the area. Thanks ladies. I'm so glad visitation will be starting soon!!!

Anabel17
01-29-2009, 05:28 PM
HI my fiance is at Gulf C I I usually go there once a month, there's a lot of hotel's in Panama City I usually sta at the Econo Lodge it's about $45 per knight, phone calls I dont know if he has you on his list but if not you need to send him prove of your bill and he needs to add you, but what I did was called and spoke to Ms. Mcgone I think that's her name at 850-639-1366 and mailed her my bill directly, but your boyfriend needs a copy too so he can add you to his list, the guards are ok I have never had any problem as long as you keep your hands to yourself, if anything I can help you with dont hesitate in writing.

jonesin4jmj
01-29-2009, 05:44 PM
I just got approved to visit, and would love to go with someone I am in ocala. I just ave to plan with kids dogs and finances and all. I know he wants me to come---I just do not know if it would be harder on me, cause I will have to say goodbye, ya know. I am not so sure I want this in a memory book. I do not wnat to cry for the 5 hr trip back home. I think that is why I would love to go with someone who is gong through it too.

Lion's Victory
02-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks ladies. I sent my application on Thursday hopefully it will be approved by Valentine's Day!

Anabel17
02-17-2009, 07:11 PM
:confused: I Was wondering if anyone has heard about Gulc CI becoming a Transitional center or a Re-entry program unit????

ben's girl
02-17-2009, 09:34 PM
At one time (awhile back) I had heard Gulf Main was housing a lot of short timers. Not sure why or if that's still the case, though.

Anabel17
02-18-2009, 04:27 PM
someone told me that this was approved and I have looked all over and still not seen nothing, maybe if it's true they will move my bay closer to home:D

ricoswifey
02-18-2009, 10:34 PM
At one time (awhile back) I had heard Gulf Main was housing a lot of short timers. Not sure why or if that's still the case, though.

...Not sure about that, we have a friend in the main unit at Gulf & he has 7 years...I guess that could be considered short compared to some others though....

ben's girl
02-19-2009, 07:02 AM
There ya go.....another reason not to listen to the things we hear. This was probably last summer that I heard that.

ricoswifey
02-19-2009, 07:52 AM
There ya go.....another reason not to listen to the things we hear. This was probably last summer that I heard that.

Thats so right lol...like i say anything dealing with FL DOC, i say believe it when i see it...

Griegito
02-19-2009, 12:16 PM
well, my loved one has 17 years left to go and he is at Gulf CI-Main... and several of the guys he hangs with are 25 to life... all there at Gulf Main. So I don't know. But if he gets transferred or if if I hear anything I will be sure to post.

rareoneus
02-20-2009, 07:57 PM
My husband was at Baker and they just moved him, he has 8 to 13 months depending on which gaintime is right. So who knows but with Florida who knows

moki252
02-21-2009, 01:49 PM
My son is in gulf ci annex , he said thay are training new guards.Also said things are getting bad. Trouble getting mail, short yard (1/2 hr.) a day, meals have been cut down. trouble getting to go to store & prices have gon up.Thay stand count then 5min. later thay have to stand again. There is much tention in there hope things get streight. Have y'all heard any of this?

carliecurtis
02-21-2009, 08:20 PM
My son is in gulf ci annex , he said thay are training new guards.Also said things are getting bad. Trouble getting mail, short yard (1/2 hr.) a day, meals have been cut down. trouble getting to go to store & prices have gon up.Thay stand count then 5min. later thay have to stand again. There is much tention in there hope things get streight. Have y'all heard any of this?

Sounds eerily like what my hubby describes Holmes as being like.

rareoneus
02-22-2009, 07:55 PM
My hubby said that's its pretty bad, that you look at them wrong and they lock you up also been having alot of trouble with the phone it keeps saying no 3rd party call allowed and hanging up on us but we aren't doing anything but talking no other sounds or nothing shoot i don't even know how to make a 3rd party call. I pray that things get better

carliecurtis
02-22-2009, 09:12 PM
My hubby said that's its pretty bad, that you look at them wrong and they lock you up also been having alot of trouble with the phone it keeps saying no 3rd party call allowed and hanging up on us but we aren't doing anything but talking no other sounds or nothing shoot i don't even know how to make a 3rd party call. I pray that things get better

This has happened to us also--several times in fact-- Had I known that you can fill out a form and get it refunded (credited to acct) I would have kept track of dates and times. But I didn't, so can't fight it with CBS. Although they refused (2x) to lift a block on my phone to return to direct billing from pre-paid service, as 2x they let the pre-pay run over. The first time by 8.00, which I paid, and the 2nd time by 3.50. They tell me to western union the monry to them yeah right--and pay 20.00 to send 3.50 cents to close out a prepaid account that they let go over the limit, when all I want to do is return to direct billing--which I had for the first three months with a 400.00 limit. I paid my verizon direct bill on-time, but CBS tells me Verizon doesnt pay CBS for 90 days! If they are giving verizon a 90 day grace period (which they dont need, as I paid the phone bills ontime every month) why cant they extend the same courtesy to family members? Without whom, I might add, the would be without a job in a very unstable economy. Sure, they are the only show in town, I get that-- but id I am spending 400.00 every three months, and paying for it ontime, I damned well expect the courtesy of having a bogus Verizon faulted block removed from my phone when all I owe is 3.50 flippin cents!

Sorry for the rant, and I hope you could understand what I was saying, but I hate customer dis-service, and it really frustrates me.

02-23-2009, 09:12 AM
just so you know my mans at baker, and they are making baker a re entry camp, they have to move 800 people by March 31st, they already moved a few hundred if not more, they were moving them monday, wed, and friday, now just fridays, so its been crazy, i dont see them doing that to golf and baker tho

ricoswifey
02-23-2009, 06:24 PM
This has happened to us also--several times in fact-- Had I known that you can fill out a form and get it refunded (credited to acct) I would have kept track of dates and times. But I didn't, so can't fight it with CBS. Although they refused (2x) to lift a block on my phone to return to direct billing from pre-paid service, as 2x they let the pre-pay run over. The first time by 8.00, which I paid, and the 2nd time by 3.50. They tell me to western union the monry to them yeah right--and pay 20.00 to send 3.50 cents to close out a prepaid account that they let go over the limit, when all I want to do is return to direct billing--which I had for the first three months with a 400.00 limit. I paid my verizon direct bill on-time, but CBS tells me Verizon doesnt pay CBS for 90 days! If they are giving verizon a 90 day grace period (which they dont need, as I paid the phone bills ontime every month) why cant they extend the same courtesy to family members? Without whom, I might add, the would be without a job in a very unstable economy. Sure, they are the only show in town, I get that-- but id I am spending 400.00 every three months, and paying for it ontime, I damned well expect the courtesy of having a bogus Verizon faulted block removed from my phone when all I owe is 3.50 flippin cents!

Sorry for the rant, and I hope you could understand what I was saying, but I hate customer dis-service, and it really frustrates me.

....this doesnt have anything to do with the post lol but i have had the same issue!!! It's so fustrating dealing with those people at cbs!!! The whole 90 day thing is a pain...But then with the prepaid, sure i can mail them a money order but with them it would probably take forever to process...and why should i pay a fee for western union....I pay they direct bill on time every month, so it's not my fault they give the phone company 90 days to pay. You can pay for unbilled calls before they get sent to the phone company thus knocking off that amount from your limit, but usually you only have like 24 hours to do that...

ben's girl
02-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Let's get this thread back on topic, please. Thanks

carliecurtis
02-25-2009, 08:54 AM
....this doesnt have anything to do with the post lol but i have had the same issue!!! It's so fustrating dealing with those people at cbs!!! The whole 90 day thing is a pain...But then with the prepaid, sure i can mail them a money order but with them it would probably take forever to process...and why should i pay a fee for western union....I pay they direct bill on time every month, so it's not my fault they give the phone company 90 days to pay. You can pay for unbilled calls before they get sent to the phone company thus knocking off that amount from your limit, but usually you only have like 24 hours to do that...

LOL! I know. I should have posted it in prison phones section. But I read the post from rareoneus mentioning third party calls and disconnects, it reminded me of going through the same thing.

Back to topic, does anyone know just how many transitional facilities there are in FL? What would be the advantage of making Gulf one? And if they are moving people from Baker to make that a re-entry, it almost (although I am afraid to hope) seems like they are planning some kind of early release, so maybe the reports we are hearing are true?

Anabel17
02-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Well my man just got approved to be transfer to Sumter CI, but he requested the transfer, he did tell me things are really bad in there, they can only go to the yard at a certain time and by groups, I hope he is moved soon, I hate the driving to Gulf CI, is 9 hours for me and this weekend the gave me a ticket for speeding :angry:, just cant wait for him to be moved closer to home.

Lion's Victory
02-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Yea my fiance' is at Gulf Main he says he hasn't heard anything about it becoming a re-entry prison but he said he won't put it past them. He said he feels like Gulf is the test prison. They try everything on them before they try it in other prisons.

ejordan865
03-01-2009, 09:23 PM
I am planning on visiting Gulf C.I. to see my fiancee...question is I will be driving from Tampa, anybody know of any hotels or motels close to Gulf C.I. the only thing I come up with is the Front Porch Bed and Breakfast and the Magnolia Lodge...I want something close so I can drive there Friday night and go to visit Saturday morning.

gemini9961
03-06-2009, 03:58 PM
There is not anywhere really to stay in Wewahitchka which is the physical location of Gulf. I stay in Panama City when I go. It's about a 20 minute drive to Gulf, however the choices for hotels in Panama City are much better.

ejordan865
03-08-2009, 08:13 PM
There is not anywhere really to stay in Wewahitchka which is the physical location of Gulf. I stay in Panama City when I go. It's about a 20 minute drive to Gulf, however the choices for hotels in Panama City are much better.

Only 20 minutes? What is the name of the motel and the address? I stayed at the dead lakes sportsmans lodge in wewa on friday night and let me tell you it definitely was no holiday inn LOL. It was what they called a cabin, it had a living room with a sofa 1970's style a bed, a/c window unit table and chairs in dining room, full kitchen, bathroom the water smelled really bad (made me gag!) and a bedroom with a bed. Oh and there was a 13" tv no cable only rabbit ears, and no phone...very countryish but all went really well and my visit was awesome!!!!!:) The cabin was $66.60 Friday night until after 2:00 on Saturday.

Ross811
03-16-2009, 11:57 AM
There is a holiday Inn right on the corner of Tyndall Parkway and Hwy 22. It is the closest hotel that is in Panama City.

ejordan865
03-20-2009, 07:30 PM
There is a holiday Inn right on the corner of Tyndall Parkway and Hwy 22. It is the closest hotel that is in Panama City.

Cool I will have to look it up, about how far away from Wewa?

Anjewel
03-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Oh my, what flash backs...

In 2004 when Marty was at Gulf I stayed at the little motel right there at the crossing of 20 and what ever road crossed it going to the prison from I-10. It wasn't the Holiday Inn, but it wasn't Dead Lake, either. It was 45 a night. And, the guy that took care of the place and rented the rooms was always nice to me.

I made the sad mistake of going with a bunch of gals up there one weekend and we stayed at Dead Lakes. What a sham that was...There were five of us and only two beds, so one of them (not me) got the 70's style sofa...are you sure that was a sofa? On the way, the chic driving got a speeding ticket on I-10 doing 97 MPH. Hell naw us others didn't get even a wink of shut eye, she kept the cabin light on the whole way because 'I need some light to keep me awake'. We got up there and one of them didn't have her part of the money. My only thought was that's what the two that planned this got for allowing her to ride AND THEN pay. And, then, on Saturday during visit, it seemed to be the joke of the day that the one driving chickened out and left her package in the van IN THE PRISON PARKING LOT. And, anyone that's visited knows Gulf has dogs right there on the compound and they are not ashamed to walk the dogs through that same parking lot. Anyhow, we made it back home alright...well, I did anyway.

Okay, enough of the good ol' times...that's where I always stayed. I tried the bed and breakfast right there in town and even reserved the room ahead of time. A girl and her little girl was riding with me. Well, say what you want but, I know they had a problem with me being white and her being black because the lady that showed us to the room conveniently gave us a room with an exit to the parking lot and brought our breakfast to us that next morning. Made a huge to-do about it being on time and all...the reservation was for 70 but she was so apologetic about the misunderstanding in price when she came with my receipt for 85. If I am lying may all the Gods strike me dead at this very moment. And, yes...she knew there was going to be two adults and one child when I made the reservation. That Saturday night she told us the dining room was closed for a private party.

I can tell you, Gulf CI Officers were always mannerly. I got spoiled there because when it was cold or real windy, if we got there at 7:30am they would check us in right then and let us wait in the inside VP until the guys started coming from the dorms at a little before 8am. They sure wasn't very nice to the guys on the other side of that door though.

ejordan865
03-21-2009, 08:22 PM
So is the motel still there? The first one that you talked about shoogabritches?

Anjewel
03-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes, as far as I know...

gemini9961
03-22-2009, 08:25 AM
My Mom and I stayed at the La Quinta behind the mall in Panama City. It was around $70 a night. There are plenty of hotels in Panama City. The Holiday Inn Express is the closest hotel, at the corner as another posted mentioned. It was closer to $100 a night when we were there in January. Wewa didn't have much to offer so we ventured to Panama City and found more choices. It is Spring Break right now up there so I am sure the hotel prices have jumped up.

ejordan865
03-22-2009, 08:26 PM
I heard the Econo Lodge is about $62.00 a night. I think I am going to stay there in April which is when I will be making my next trip:)

adriansprincess
04-16-2009, 05:30 PM
I am not sure if you have gone up there yet ,but i go to the super8 right off of 21 by the panama city mall.Wewa doesnt have anything i would lay my head down in.Its like 30 minutes away from C.I

ejordan865
04-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Yeah I just stayed there last weekend...the manager said she will give me 15% off my next visit....so I'm going back May 9th, cant wait to see my man:)

ladyluck2448
05-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Hello to everyone i am new to all of this.I went up the beginning of April and i stayed at the Holiday Inn it was about $135 a night but very nice the lady at the front desk was very polite and very helpful. I drove about 8 hours.I thought i would try to talk to others to help me get threw this hard time its been very lonely out here even worse for our love ones in there.

ladyluck2448
05-02-2009, 06:32 PM
does anyone have a love one at gulf ci?

corrinas2
05-03-2009, 02:39 AM
well ihave someone there but he isnt a loved one... im glad he is there... sorry he messed with my daughter..

ladyluck2448
05-03-2009, 07:11 AM
i'm sorry to hear that he has done something rotten like that

ladyluck2448
05-03-2009, 07:17 AM
:)Thanks so much!
gulf ci is a very laid back prison i did my first visit at the end of march i was very scared but when you see your loved one walk in and the smile on your face no matter where you are you feel safe.and yes you will feel that you are lost but the people up there seem very nice and helpful just stop and ask if you think you are lost

jnnfla
05-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Anyone have a loved one in gulf correctional facility:confused:
this is my first time of responding to anything on here.We haven't been up to see him but his girlfriend has.She says everyone is very respectful to you.Our son doesn't have too many complaints at all since he got there in Jan.09

QueTee11
05-22-2009, 10:07 AM
My best bud is there...from his letters, I assume it is ok. I hope to visit this Fall.

ejordan865
05-30-2009, 10:30 AM
It's pretty laid back. I have been there 4 times to visit my fiance. I try to visit once a month because it is so far away from Tampa...thats the worst thing about it to me :)

Ryanswifey
10-14-2009, 06:43 PM
How long did it take you to get approved?

wifeofMichael
10-14-2009, 06:55 PM
I can't speak for this specific facility but it typically takes about two weeks. It can, unfortunately, take longer. However after two weeks I would give classification at the institution a phone call and simply ask if it has been approved and, if not, any idea on how long. Just be nice. Say how much you wish to visit your loved one.

Lion's Victory
10-19-2009, 01:35 PM
I'd say it depends on the CO. It took almost a month for mine to get approved.

Mrs.B_3608
02-22-2010, 11:26 AM
anyone had issues at gulf ci before??
i went up there this weekend again and this is the first time i had issues:angry:
im so upset...im in a interracial realtionship and i feel there are some of the racist guards up there! some are nice , but some are ugghhhh...

well this time i had to change my pants! im a skinny girl...and i had on skinny jeans...i could lift them off of me atleast an inch if i pulled them and they told me they were to tight!(not to mention that i wore them the day before) so i tried on every other pair and they said the same thing...i had to drive all the way back to panama city to buy some sweats!! i was so :angry::angry:...
then when i finally got back they had attitudes and were very rude, when ever youd say something they'd give you an attitude. and i felt like i was being talked about since i had that issue in the morning. all the gaurds were watching us so close through out the whole visit..when last time they were Not like that to us at all...and it was around the same amount of people..

if they are going to have a rule for too tight clothing they need to find a way to measure it. not just by looks.. some girls are bigger and no matter what they wear will still hug..

has anyone had any issues with Gulf Ci? and im going to call up to tallalhasse..anyone know who to talk to about and a number?

kspag
02-26-2010, 07:04 PM
My man has had no problems with any of the inmates, he gets along with everyone there pretty much. He even got to go to canteen when no one else was allowed the other day because he does his job and has really good respectful behavior. Well today a guard threatened to kill my man! He would not let my man go to lunch because he said he didn't shave his face. But he did the razors just suck. So then he went back and told his sergeant and she gave him one of the better razors. so he shaved again (ouch) and tried to go out for rec/canteen, and the same guard came running up to him and said "you have five seconds before i f*cking kill you!!!!!!" im sure it was even worse than that he was all up in my man's face. my man just walked away and went back inside, but this has me all upset. what should i do?:mad::(

btw, i dont know where this post belongs, sorry mods.:(

wifeofMichael
02-26-2010, 07:28 PM
If he is in fear he needs to report it and ask for protection. Other than that there is not much you can do. I started a journal when my husband went in and wrote down everything, including names. You should do the same. If the guard keeps it up you can call and complain but it may or may not make things worse.

SAHJJH
02-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey. I've been going to Gulf CI for over a year! It's going on 2 years soon. From time to time, I will get hassled about my pants because they "claim" that they are too tight. Well at viso this past wknd, I just happened to snap! I guess they just tried me one too many times! I probably was the cause for all your trouble and I apologize that you had to go through that but it was in good faith.

Anyway, they made me go change my jeans (which I also wore the day b4) and I changed them because I just wanted to enjoy my visit. Then when I go back up there, there's a shapely black woman with jeans either just as tight if not tighter than my jeans were! Oh yes! & The sarge just ASKED her were her jeans tight she said no and he moved right along. So I waited until I got inside and I asked to the Captain who had brushed me off about my initial pair of jeans.

Prior to asking to see the Captain, I was openly venting about my aggravation and visitors would keep coming in and I could count at least 5 ppl who were wearing jeans either just as tight or even tighter than the ones I was wearing including the black woman from outside. I'm getting pissed and more pissed as I keep seeing ppl come in. This is when I asked to see the Captain.

I explained to him and he's like "well if they had on jeans like yours which were just all out" then I can't accept that. I said ok. and pointed out SEVERAL ppl who were wearing tight pants, in my opinion. What about those? So he said he'd look into it and he called out a FEW ppl outside to talk about their pants, I guess.

Then in comes this f*ckin chick (sorry I'm getting pissed just thinking about it again) with SPANDEX pants and a damn tight layer SPANDEX shirt to go over it. Just aimlessly walking around and no one had yet to spot her or say anything and I called the captain out again. So I'm sure they were circumventing people from outside after that point. And once again I'm sorry but that was just BS.

I also sent an email to the warden and forwarded it to Tallahassee to make sure it gets seen to.

Mrs.B_3608
02-27-2010, 10:15 AM
can you pm me tallhasses email and phone number?

kspag
02-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks, I just hate that the guards get away with this behavior, it really just makes the inmates more riled up than they already are. I'm going to take your advice and write everything down.

Mrs.B_3608
02-27-2010, 11:04 AM
yea gulf has a lot of them like that..i had some issues at visitation, im trying to get info to write to tallahasse and im letting them know.

wifeofMichael
02-27-2010, 11:18 AM
I agree. I think a lot of the problems that occur inside are due to guards being jerks and believing its ok to treat other human beings like crap. My husband always says "it's their world, I'm just visiting". He then will go on to say that while he plans to leave and never come back, they come back day after day. IMO if you are treating others badly you are not happy in your job. If you are not happy in your job you are not going to do a good one. And with the case of Correctional Officers over say the cashier at Wal-Mart, they have the potential to create dangerous situations with their burn out. It has to be a tough job. Being on guard, not knowing exactly who you are guarding. But you don't have to be a dickhead to keep control. I see teachers who use total fear to control their classes and those are the students who get in the most trouble in other areas. I don't have to use fear to control the students I work with. Granted I have a "look" that I use when they are pushing it. Funny, the look works but rarely have I had to do anything to back it up lol!

wifeofMichael
02-27-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm not giving up getting to Tallie and trying to make a change. But I've come to the conclusion it's going to take some time and build up. My husband and I are determined to do what we can to be advocates for families and their incarcerated loved ones. He has the perspective of being an inmate and I the family member on the outside banging my head against the walls of the Florida DOC. He should be home the beginning of August (that's his 85%, my ticker reflects his current date) and then we can get to pushing for real. Course we are going to take a week to just be a family. But I've set up an email just for this cause and we will start really pushing then. In the meantime I'm doing little things. And I'm not alone. Others are as well. We can make a difference. Being on here is one way. We can help educate others through our experiences. But it can't just be us complaining online. There is much more to do.

ejordan865
02-27-2010, 08:02 PM
My man was @ gulf main and never really had any problems except for some rude things that an officer said to him before he went into visitation...but I think each facility has there share of officers like this, mine was @ wakulla...if you had read about what happened to my man in the beginning of Jan. Anyway a female officer there flipped out on my man after visitation and just started yelling all over my hand being on his leg unintentionally. All he did was ask her what he did and she had him sent to the box! The problem is its there word against the officers and like the sergeant at wakulla said "I believe my guys". Anyway I feel for you and hope all works out for the best. I worry everyday for my mans safety in that place.

ejordan865
02-27-2010, 08:09 PM
I dont think its just gulf, because one time when I went to wakulla they sent me to buy pants...I was wearing skinny jeans...jeans that I had worn before to gulf and they never had a thing to say...guess it all depends on who is working that day...also it was Thanksgiving and I think because it was so crowded they wanted to be able to send some people away and that was there way of accomplishing that except that I went to walmart bought some more pants and went inside fine.

wifeofMichael
02-28-2010, 07:28 AM
See I have issue with that. Only believing the guards gives them ultimate power over the inmates. I mean I get it in one respect, but I find it incredibly wrong in many others. If we go by this faulty logic guards never lie. Which we know is bs and the DOC does as well. I mean look at what just occurred with a few recently? The mentality needs to change.

kellytellywelly
02-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Ok well my man was just sent there. Are there any other things I should know about visiting? I just sent back my request to visit so I guess first of all I have to wait on that. But I will say I have a bad attitude and hate it when people are rude so I would like to be know in advance of problems that may occur. I would really hate to get turned away after driving over 5 hours to get there. And how is the general rep of the prison anyway. Do you have any complaints about treatment or any issues I should worry about?
Ay information would be helpful...
Thanks so much

Mrs.B_3608
03-01-2010, 11:25 AM
the visiting itself is ok, you have to sit across from eachother and can walk around outside and hold hands, some of the guards there are b**chs but and some are nice, just depends who you get, thats why i was so mad, i drove 7 hrs to go up there and they made me go buy clothes 45 min away and come back. make sure you bring money for canteen and you can take pictures for 2 a pic which is good.
but my main complaint is with the clothes, they need to find a way to measure how "tight" something is, not just bc it looks tight.

CCLovesGGinFL
03-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I've only been up to Gulf CI twice so far to see my man and all I saw while standing in line was people being sent away for pants too tight, which by the way I saw absolutely NOTHING wrong with any of them. One girl came back with sweats on from her car which the guard approved and to tell you the truth, they looked tighter than her jeans to me. I think it's a bunch of BS. They just like to show off what power they have, it's just not right at all. Luckily for me that day was Valentineís Day and freezing out and I had on a really long top that I stretched down to my knees after seeing all of that. My jeans aren't tight but they are stretch and those kind conform to your body without feeling tight. I do believe they are throwing their weight around too much up there. I have a 6 1/2 hour drive each way to go visit my man up there. Iím just so thankful that they didnít pick on me. There was neither rhyme nor reason for who they picked and who they didnít.

Mrs.B_3608
03-01-2010, 12:08 PM
maybe if we all complain they will find a way to "measure" it.

moony
04-07-2010, 10:30 AM
hi ladies,

I'm running a bit ahead, have not concrete plans/date yet. Anyway better too soon than too late right? :D
Anybody hotel suggestions for Gulf CI? Any info is welcome.
I prefer to be close to the prison, but if possible would like to have some kind of holiday during the week.

ben's girl
04-07-2010, 07:17 PM
These are very good suggestions for hotels in the area. There are several prisons in this area and PC is about the closest city with anything to do near them depending on where you will be travelling from.

momofsek
04-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Hello :) My name is Bryn. I drove it only one time. We stayed at a cheap hotel in Marianna. Someone told me the next time I make the trip to find something in Panama city as it is closer. My husband is in the annex. It is a long drive, and I am a little closer than you. I am in orange city, fl. I hope that helps you out... I tried to find something on line, but it is hard, as you don't know anything up there ya know. Well good luck, and I hope you had, or have a great visit. Oh you are going to want to bring plenty of money, to eat, drink, and of course get your pic taken together!! :)

starrtayvia10
04-27-2010, 09:44 PM
i have been up there a few times this year the La Quinta off MLK/77 it was about $80 a night but was only abou a 20 min drive to Gulf CI also if you reserve a hotel there (usally any hotel) in advance it is ALOT cheaper. I am going back up the middle of may and reserved the room in march it ended up being $49 a night you need a cc to reserve it but they DO NOT chrge your acct until you arrive there. also there is is the panama city mall litteraly 2 minutes away, toys r us, kohls, target a bunch of resuraunts.....so after vizo at least there is stuff to do besides sit the the hotel all night.....

ejordan865
05-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Cheapest Ive found this time of year in Panama City is the Econo Lodge...$65 a night...in September the prices go down to like $49 which is great...but if you dont mind driving a little ways you can stay in Tallahassee at the days inn for $31 or at the red roof for $33 a night...nice prices:) Anybody know of any motels not the big name ones which are reasonalble and pretty decent in the panama city, callaway area??? Im trying to go visit my fiance the memorial day weekend, and I figured I would drive to tally and get a room then go to see him on sunday and get a room close by so I can see him on memorial day...that is if that is a visitation day.

ben's girl
05-02-2010, 03:08 PM
I always book through Wyndham Rewards, www.wyndhamrewards.com (http://www.wyndhamrewards.com), so I can accumulate points for free nights. I just checked Tallahassee and they have several places with cheap rates. PC is not going to be so cheap because of the holiday weekend at the beach. There is one hotel that was $55 across the street from the beach. I'm pretty familiar with the hotels on the beach having gone there on vacation all my life, but I've never stayed at this one. It will take you a little longer to get to Gulf from the beach too.

TinaLuv
05-22-2010, 09:20 PM
My boyfriend was transferred from our county jail to Central Florida Reception Center (CFRC Main) after being sentenced. After being there for 2 weeks he was transferred to Gulf CI. It has been almost 3 weeks and no one has heard from him :(. I keep writing letters and still he has not called or wrote, and that's not like him. He is in minimum custody, and I am so confused I am new to all of this, I am more of the "goody two shoes" type or girl who stays out of the Laws bad side.
Does anyone know how long it takes a person to call home after being transferred from facility to facility?
Also what are the times that phone calls are allowed at Gulf CI?
When he was at the county jail he was able to call until 10pm. Another thing we were also able to do was he would call his house and his parents would 3 way me in so we all could talk. I dont have a house phone and that was the only way we could communicate.
Are the rules for county jails different from prison?
Please get back to me thank you.:confused:

ICOR13
05-22-2010, 10:06 PM
My boyfriend was transferred from our county jail to Central Florida Reception Center (CFRC Main) after being sentenced. After being there for 2 weeks he was transferred to Gulf CI. It has been almost 3 weeks and no one has heard from him :(. I keep writing letters and still he has not called or wrote, and that's not like him. He is in minimum custody, and I am so confused I am new to all of this, I am more of the "goody two shoes" type or girl who stays out of the Laws bad side.
Does anyone know how long it takes a person to call home after being transferred from facility to facility?
Also what are the times that phone calls are allowed at Gulf CI?
When he was at the county jail he was able to call until 10pm. Another thing we were also able to do was he would call his house and his parents would 3 way me in so we all could talk. I dont have a house phone and that was the only way we could communicate.
Are the rules for county jails different from prison?
Please get back to me thank you.:confused:

Well, what color are your shoes? Mine are pink!!! I am married to a priest, and we have a few dear friends- they are brothers- and one is in jail, the other in prison. They have to put your phone number on a list, and it could take a few weeks or more for the phone to start ringing. Cell phones are not accepted, so you may want to consider getting a land-line phone. You could go very cheap on that, and it costs about $1.80 for 15 minutes thru ATT correctional billing. You cannot do 3 way calls, or it will be blocked. Yes, county is very different. How long is he there for? He might need to talk to the chaplain, and get into the church things around there. This may help him a bit.

I am so sorry that he is there, but I think this is a good support group for you- I have found some very bright, understanding, and brave people here. This is a chaotic ride for sure, and we'll make it thru together. My husband and I love these men just like they were our own brothers. We will pray for him and you. Welcome!

babygirlooo
05-25-2010, 11:12 PM
yes my man is there at the annex.....cant wait to see him again. anyone from south florida???

apple pie
05-27-2010, 06:58 AM
My boyfriend was recently transfered to Gulf C.I. I was hoping to be able to talk to him but my phone number got denied for whatever reason. His mother has been keeping me posted, but before he got transferred he told me that Gulf was the only place he didnt want to go. Whats this about the guards being really bad and everything? Can somone fill me in?

wifeofMichael
05-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Was your phone a landline or a cell phone?

ravens
05-29-2010, 10:01 PM
My husband has been transferred to Gulf CI,,he says they are not too bad,,just do as you are told,with a yes sir and no sir,,my husband has been in prison for 28 years so he knows how to deal,,,I contacted the classifications officer there,,Mr. Hutchins,, who was very helpful and a Mr,Purintun at 850-410-4180 and had phone set up the next day,,you must have a landline,,no cell or 3 way calls ,,you will lose your priviledges,,,you have to set up acct with CBS for phone,,my # is (phone number removed per PTO policy) if he is in annex I might be able to locate him thru my husband,,if I can help callme and i will be happy to try,,,Raven

ravens
05-29-2010, 10:03 PM
My boyfriend was recently transfered to Gulf C.I. I was hoping to be able to talk to him but my phone number got denied for whatever reason. His mother has been keeping me posted, but before he got transferred he told me that Gulf was the only place he didnt want to go. Whats this about the guards being really bad and everything? Can somone fill me in?
they are strict,,just do as you are told and always answer with a yes or no sir

ravens
05-29-2010, 10:08 PM
I do,,if I can help ,,call me (phone number removed per PTO policy) or e mail to (email address removed per PTO policy),, RAVEN

ravens
05-29-2010, 10:10 PM
i do :(

i've been reading asll these bad things going on there with the guards... i hope my dads ok.. :(
I can try to get a message to him thru my husband if you need,,e mail is (email address removed per PTO policy)

Luke's Lady
06-15-2010, 11:01 PM
My fiance is at Gulf CI Annex. I went for my first visit a couple of weeks ago. What are you confused about?

moony
06-18-2010, 12:44 PM
I've a friend at Gulf Annex

babygirlooo
06-22-2010, 04:55 PM
i was up there this weekend for fathers day. my man has been there since 5/09 and he said he would not want to be xfrd from GULF ANNEX (he would only want to b/c myself and daughter are in palm beach) he said he is NOT with the yes sir no sir crap and says that basically he does not get bothered by C.O. except at count. he says (and i can picture o so well) when they do strip searches he tells the c.o.s to suck his **** and do they like looking at nuts all day. they are all strict at every camp but he said alot of officers got fired and the c.o.s get walked all over by inmates.

VINCE_GURL4EVA
06-24-2010, 10:29 AM
I've never been to a visitation here before so i just wanted to know whats it like. What can you wear and can not wear cause i've been to other prison and they all are different. U can wear this at 1 prison but at other one you can wear it. How far is the drive here from miami to gulf ci? I really want to know all of these questions and more so please feel free to add more info. I haven't seen my boyfriend in 4 years so when i do go i want everything to be perfect:(

whyme07
06-27-2010, 08:13 PM
HELLEO AS IM READING YALL THREADS IM GETTING TEAR EYE CAUSE MY Fiance is@ the annex i cant see him @ this time i want see him until he get in Sept 8,2010

babygirlooo
07-13-2010, 12:56 AM
i live in south palm beach county, the drive from here is about 9-10 hrs depending on bathroom breaks. the time changes so on the way home it feels like forever. we usally leave friday at 1-2 pm and get to the hotel at about 11-12.....we go for sat and sun vizo sunday we leave the hotel at about 8 am and hit the highway right after vizo last time i went (fathers day weekend 2010) i didnt get home til 4am. i was exhausted i always drove with someone and this was my 1st time with my 5 yr old alone. the weather was horrible and we stopped every 45 min at the rest stop b/c of rain etc etc. i just wear jeans and cute top when i go. no tank tops. they dont care about what kind of shoes, i was told no flip flops but i wore them with no problem (so did everyone else) as long as you are dressed appropriate youll be ok. pants not skin tight, no tank tops, no see thru, no skirts etc etc. i enjoy going up there even tho it is so far. i just wish it wasnt so expensive.....

ejordan865
07-28-2010, 07:02 PM
If an inmate is currently at Gulf Annex and gets sent to the box, do they stay @ the Annex or send them to the main unit? Just wondering if the annex has confinement.

ben's girl
07-28-2010, 07:25 PM
The Annex has it's own confinement unit.

MYBOYTY
09-17-2010, 11:57 AM
My son has been at Gulf for a little over a week, I still have not recieved a letter from him or my visitation papers. Is this an unreasonable amount of time? I'd like to think he wrote as soon as he could, he has been there since the 9th.

indil25
09-17-2010, 07:55 PM
My son has been at Gulf for a little over a week, I still have not recieved a letter from him or my visitation papers. Is this an unreasonable amount of time? I'd like to think he wrote as soon as he could, he has been there since the 9th.

Hi, which one is he in the main unit or the Annex? My brother is in Annex if you need to get a message to your son. I know how hard it is to be out of touch. Gulf Ci Annex is fairly fast with mail, it took him like a week for him to write us.

Take care and if you need anything I'm here... :)

1970Smiley
10-11-2010, 11:12 AM

My friend was for a few weeks before he was transferred to the Work Camp, it was only a few days before he could get mail out. I live in Tampa and it usually takes 2 days to get mail back and forth. You can print your own visitation papers and mail it direcetly to your son's CO. It took less then a week for mine to be approved.

~*~His Bella~*~
05-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Bf was transferred to Gulf CI Annex, then Gulf CI today. Any experiences would be appreciated, for both him and myself. How is visitation there?

ben's girl
05-18-2011, 08:18 PM
This is the slowest place ever is processing visitors! Ben has been at both places and the Annex was much quicker than the Main Unit. They take their time and will not let you in if they think your clothes are too tight (mainly blue jeans). Sometimes this really depends on the visitor though. Sometimes you would see one person in something that you were surprised they made it in with that particular item of clothing on and then you would see someone turned away for something you think would be ok. Always have extra clothes in the car because there is nowhere to go buy clothes close by. The closest Walmart is atleast 35-45 minutes away. "The Gulf" is in the middle of nowhere!

~*~His Bella~*~
05-18-2011, 08:30 PM
well, I'm too big for tight jeans and he prefers me in t shirts, so that's my plan. I just can't go without an underwire bra, so I'm worried about the metal detector

ben's girl
05-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Underwire is fine. It shouldn't set off the metal detector. ;)

Illuminati
05-18-2011, 11:36 PM
why cant ur jeans be too tight? wtf...

ohhsochar
05-19-2011, 12:05 AM
why cant ur jeans be too tight? wtf...

Many facilities in Florida pay special attention to your jeans and how they fit. If they think they are too tight, they just deem it "inappropriate" for visiting room attire where they, of course, discourage any and all types of excessive touching or hands on activity. I guess they figure if your jeans are too tight, they are too revealing, and therefore encouraging to the excessive touching and what not. They apply the same rules to your shirts (no low cut blouses, see through shirts, or anything without sleeves).

Never been to Gulf, but always pay special attention to your outfits, and like she said above, bring extras just in case! Also, small bills for canteen/vending machines.

Illuminati
05-19-2011, 02:31 PM
I know it's against the rules, but WHY?

~*~His Bella~*~
05-19-2011, 04:31 PM
So, he finally saw classification today I guess and asked about work camps. He claims they told him there aren't any. I see on DOC's site the Foresty Camp is supervised by Gulf CI, is this correct?

ben's girl
05-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Yes, Gulf Forrestry is the work camp for GCI. From what I understand it's very small, but I've never known anyone whose been there to have any knowledge of the place. In saying that, there are work camps all over the state.

Illuminati
05-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah I believe Forestry is smaller than most work camps. I could be incorrect.

~*~His Bella~*~
05-20-2011, 08:31 AM
He still hasn't gotten a viso app. They keep saying they're out of them. I overnighted one from the sticky on here. We'll see what happens. He wouldn't listen to me when I said this version was fine because they told him he had to send me one

Sent from my DROID2 using PrisonTalk

MarGrits
05-20-2011, 09:56 AM
He still hasn't gotten a viso app. They keep saying they're out of them. I overnighted one from the sticky on here. We'll see what happens. He wouldn't listen to me when I said this version was fine because they told him he had to send me one

Rex let me know if the form you got off of here works…ARG was told the same thing by fellow inmates at county so I'm curious…

His Princesa
05-20-2011, 02:50 PM
lets try this again haha...

Rex u will be fine with that form... and they process rather quickly at gulf depending on the Classification officer... my husbands CO is awesome... I was apporved in 2 weeks... He just got there April 20th... my experience with Gulf isnt bad at all... visiting isnt bad at all either... it was rather quick to get processed in and for him to come down to viso just sucks u cant touch for pictures... the officers are all wicked down to earth too in there... just sucks how far away it is and in the middle of no where... best bet for hotels is panama city around Highway 98 or 23... I stayed at Howard Johnson last time and liked it.. it was like $63 after tax a night... next weekend i am staying at AmericanQuality Lounge cause its $130 for 2 nights verses $170 since its a holiday weekend... where are you?? I am in fort myers...

~*~His Bella~*~
05-20-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm about 45 minutes south of Tampa. He's in Medium. I overnighted my app as soon as I found out he was moved from CFRC to the Annex, then get home and he'd been moved to the main facility, so I sent and faxed one to that location yesterday. I've seen a few people say faxing one helped start the process. I found some hotels for $47 a night on this side of the facility versus driving even farther. He's freaking out because he thinks I won't come. His dad's phone didn't get approved, so he can't even call him. His dad's wife tends to throw out ANY mail having to do with him, so who knows if he'll get his letters. I promised him I'll be there every weekend if I can swing it. It will be so much easier once my trucks paid off in a few months!!! I need to physical contact maybe more than he does right now :(

His Princesa
05-31-2011, 02:39 PM
So I drove the 8hrs to WeWa to see my love this past weekend... it actually wasnt that busy either which was wierd haha! Anyways, Im so madly in love with him... though we did have a bit of a fight haha... apparently I was looking at the dude doing pictures... which i wasnt, i probably was but like u know when u look somewhere but look past whats directly there... ya... thats waht i was doing... and i giggle when im nervous/uncomfortable and well my love says it flirting haha... noooo... so we had a moment of arguing and me crying... then we realized how dumb that all is... my husband is extremely jealous well my husband to be haha... which also makes me wanna ask... i got our marriage app today... it says they need a copy of his disolution of marriage... does it need to be certified?? okay back to my visit ... all in all it was amazign adn i love him so much... he asked me if i would concider moving to Panama City for the year he is gonna be up there before we come back on appeal... i actually think i am gonna look into the area... we shall see =)

Hiswife0423
06-06-2011, 06:04 PM
My husband just got transferred there today :( 6 hours from me and our 3 kids. I am really worried as well because of the things Ive heard about the place. Ive heard it is one of the roughest. Im extremely worried about him and his safety. He is in high security but sad part is, his offence that landed him there was driving on a suspended!!! He got 18months :( My and our babies are so sad. So, is it as bad is its reputation???

Someone please help...

~*~His Bella~*~
06-06-2011, 06:09 PM
My husband just got transferred there today :( 6 hours from me and our 3 kids. I am really worried as well because of the things Ive heard about the place. Ive heard it is one of the roughest. Im extremely worried about him and his safety. He is in high security but sad part is, his offence that landed him there was driving on a suspended!!! He got 18months :( My and our babies are so sad. So, is it as bad is its reputation???

Someone please help...

How long has he been there? They tried telling my bf he was in maximum security when he initially went in when he was actually at medium. They were just messing with him. He's been there for 3 weeks Wednesday I believe. He has adjusted, it just takes time. PM me if you would like.

Hiswife0423
06-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Thank you SO much for your quick reponce!! I was so thankful for finding this place as I know that I will be needing some support to get through this. He actually just got there today. I hope they change his security level but I doubt it because 19 years ago when he was 18 (hes almost 37 now) he had an escape from custody. Sad they through the book at him and hes there considering the man hasnt been in ANY trouble for 12 years. Im really worried about him. Is he reasonably safe??

Hiswife0423
06-06-2011, 06:15 PM
He said it seems really hardcore??

His Princesa
06-06-2011, 08:53 PM
He said it seems really hardcore??

It's better then other places...my husband has been in Miami dade county, federal and immigration and said gulf isn't all horrible... it is prison so its not a vacation but its better then being at fsp... where r u from ? Ny husband got there in April... I'm from fort myers :)

Hiswife0423
06-06-2011, 09:52 PM
It's better then other places...my husband has been in Miami dade county, federal and immigration and said gulf isn't all horrible... it is prison so its not a vacation but its better then being at fsp... where r u from ? Ny husband got there in April... I'm from fort myers :)

Well that is somewhat of a relief to me to hear that. Without meaning to, he completely freaked me the hell out tonight when we talked tonight, lol!! Im in Orlando and a little freaked out over the distance (6hrs) but I would drive six days!! :) My babies (we have three) cant wait to see Daddy!! Mommy cant wait either!! I hope I can get approved for visits soon. Can I use the application online or do I have to wait for him to mail one? If I can use that one Ill mail it tomorrow.

His Princesa
06-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Well that is somewhat of a relief to me to hear that. Without meaning to, he completely freaked me the hell out tonight when we talked tonight, lol!! Im in Orlando and a little freaked out over the distance (6hrs) but I would drive six days!! :) My babies (we have three) cant wait to see Daddy!! Mommy cant wait either!! I hope I can get approved for visits soon. Can I use the application online or do I have to wait for him to mail one? If I can use that one Ill mail it tomorrow.

I didn't wait for him to send me one I printed it out. Stay on top of his co and they will process u quicker... I was approved in like 8 days I think... they do that *our men* they forget we don't know anything bout inside the walls... just make sure he stays out of trouble, doesn't owe become anything... and is respectful to officers and he will get through it... trust me I know the distance sucks... its 8 hrs from me... I'd love for him to be closer but I a happy he is not at fsp or a worse prison... keep ur head up... and if u need to talk im here :)

Hiswife0423
06-06-2011, 10:30 PM
I didn't wait for him to send me one I printed it out. Stay on top of his co and they will process u quicker... I was approved in like 8 days I think... they do that *our men* they forget we don't know anything bout inside the walls... just make sure he stays out of trouble, doesn't owe become anything... and is respectful to officers and he will get through it... trust me I know the distance sucks... its 8 hrs from me... I'd love for him to be closer but I a happy he is not at fsp or a worse prison... keep ur head up... and if u need to talk im here :)

Awesome!! I will send it tomorrow!! So how do I get ahold of his CO? And yes, I gave my hubby the whole rundown on what and what not to do, lol!! As long as he is safe and they are good to him Im happy! He is a good people person so I think HE will be okay but theres a jerk everywhere ya know!! Well, thanks for the support girl!! Im sure Im gonna need it to get through this. Im a wreck today!!

Hiswife0423
06-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Aww honey Im so glad you got to see your man and had a good visit!! :) You sound so in love!! :)

~*~His Bella~*~
06-07-2011, 10:27 AM
You can call the facility and ask for Classification. I, personally, gave it over a week after the app had been delivered before I called. Also, keep an eye on DOCs site. He should be updated in a few days.

pixielove3
06-15-2011, 08:53 PM
can anyone tell me if there is any restrictions on the shoes you were to visit at gulf ci annex? can i wear healed sandles? or flipflops?

His Princesa
06-15-2011, 09:59 PM
can anyone tell me if there is any restrictions on the shoes you were to visit at gulf ci annex? can i wear healed sandles? or flipflops?

Yes u can but I don't recommend heels ...
:)
Where r u coming from ? My hubby is at gulf ci

pixielove3
06-16-2011, 07:04 AM
i'm comming from chicago actually. my fiance is currently serving 18 months at annex, and i'm going to visit him for the first time on 4th of july weekend. so i can wear my flip flops but no heels?? why is that? that kinda sucks :-( i'm tweakin about what to wear...going to keep a spare outfit in the car. any tips would be nice

~*~His Bella~*~
06-16-2011, 07:18 AM
i'm comming from chicago actually. my fiance is currently serving 18 months at annex, and i'm going to visit him for the first time on 4th of july weekend. so i can wear my flip flops but no heels?? why is that? that kinda sucks :-( i'm tweakin about what to wear...going to keep a spare outfit in the car. any tips would be nice

Be as conservative as possible. There was a girl last weekend in heels and tight pants, but I look at it like this...in less than a year he can see me however he wants for the rest of his life. We can both deal with jeans and t shirts until then. Showing cleavage isn't worth losing our visits to us.

ben's girl
06-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Heels are fine. The only disadvantage to heels is if you want to walk around outside because you are constantly sinking in the grass. You can look as nice as you want as long as you keep it in context. Jeans and t-shirts aren't all you can wear. I wore an array of things while visiting Gulf (both the Main unit and the Annex). Just don't wear anything too tight or too revealing and you should be fine. :)

His Princesa
06-16-2011, 11:13 AM

I said u can but I don't recommend it lol... u won't want to walk around in them... u.can wear wicked cute clothes like fluttery skirts that ate appropriate length and cute shirts... and they r pretty easy going with everything... enjoy ur visit girly

pixielove3
06-16-2011, 02:36 PM
ok thanks for the tips. and i plan on enjoying every minute of my visit!!! havn't seen him since april and havn't touched him since feb... im very excited!!

~*~His Bella~*~
06-16-2011, 03:22 PM
I just had my first last weekend. It wasn't as bad as I had imagined it could have been there. The visit itself was wonderful, but I'll be honest...the leaving is SO hard :( I cried more Saturday than Sunday.

pixielove3
06-23-2011, 10:24 AM
my fiance is in gulf annex... i have my first visit in a week and 2 days! anyone know if i can wear clips in my hair??

~*~His Bella~*~
06-23-2011, 01:13 PM
my fiance is in gulf annex... i have my first visit in a week and 2 days! anyone know if i can wear clips in my hair??

Im sorry if my last post reported the one above. I've been getting errors all day on the phone app

His Princesa
06-23-2011, 03:07 PM

Yes hun u can wear clips in ur hair ... and enjoy ur visit :) wish I could go but ugh men suck lol

LittleSunshine
12-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Anyone at gulf ?

Ashley1986
12-17-2011, 10:53 PM
my fiance just got sentenced to 10 years and he just arrived at gulf, he is in the annex and I was wondering if someone could tell me if he can call a cellphone and he said there is some websites i can go on to order him some shoes,clothes,etc. does anyone know the websites i can go on, i can't find any when i search it.

ben's girl
12-17-2011, 10:57 PM
DOC does not allow calls to cellphones. You will need to have a landline setup in order to receive calls. If you don't already have a landline, you need to call his Classification Officer to see if it's too late to add you to his list. If so, you'll have to wait until his next phone update month to be added. To see when that is you can go to the FL Phones, Packages and Mail forum and there is a Sticky thread with how to find out.

As for packages, there is also a thread in the same forum that is titled something like November Orders - 4th Qtr orders and you can find the website at that address. He can only receive 1 package per quarter.

bauer1
01-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Hi everyone. I am new to this site, and I am curious as to what it is like in Gulf C.I. My husband was transferred there yesterday from Blackwater River. This isn't his first time in the prison system, but it will be my first time visiting him in DOC (Blackwater is a private camp) Any information would be great. I've been reading some of the posts, and it sound like a rough camp, and now I'm very worried about him. Thank you.

ben's girl
01-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Ben never had any problems at Gulf, but he's been gone since early Summer 2010. He just basically kept to himself and made sure the officers had no reason to know his name.

Visitation rules aren't consistent from one week to the next. I've seen people turned away for a variety of reasons to do with clothing and others not have anything said to them. A pair of jeans you wore last time might be too tight this time. There was a sign in sheet that you had to write down your car tag number on along with your year, make and model of car. Wouldn't hurt to have a little piece of paper with your tag number in case they're still doing this. The VP sgt. at the time was very particular about children playing with other children while visiting (even in the outside visiting area). The outside area is quite spacious and there are plenty of tables under the pavilion. You are not allowed to sit next to him, only across the table. Actually only children were allowed to sit next to the inmate. Even mother's, father's, siblings, etc couldn't sit next to him.

LittleSunshine
01-20-2012, 10:00 PM
My husband is there... It's not that bad at all... As long as he isn't flashy and keeps to himself he is fine...my husband has never had a issue so to speak... Co's r all pretty laid back... Visits r good... Sometimes u get in before 8 ... thjs past weekend mi husband was down by 745 all days.... Don't wear skin tight jeans... Other then skinny jeans they r wicked awesome with clothes... I've been visiting since April... Oh but u can't touch in pictures... Gayyyyyy ...

ben's girl
01-21-2012, 11:59 AM
I was there the weekend they started the no touching in the pictures. It was Thanksgiving 2010. There were many unhappy people that weekend as noone could provide the memo stating this had changed. But I will say they aren't the only facility that does this. Where Ben is now they are like that too. His last facility didn't care what you did as long as it wasn't inappropriate.

LittleSunshine
01-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Bens girl... It's so ridiculous lol... Although the sgt wasn't there a month ago and we took pics touching :) but I like that the cos leave us alone... Although the new photo guy is creepy and stares ay me all the time... LOL

ben's girl
01-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Louie was the previous photo guy and he was nice. You kinda have to keep in mind those guys don't have much else to do when working up there other than look around the room alot. I can only imagine how they feel because I've only seen a few who get visits. Not saying he should be staring but just something to keep in mind.

LittleSunshine
01-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Louis was awesome... He got moved to canteen when Chevy got moved to charlotte ... Now some dude is the photo guy and a nice guy is canteen. Louis was straight with me... This guy is just plain creepy... My husband actually spoke to him last weekend bout the constant staring cuz I noticed it, mi husband did and 3 of my husbands boys noticed... Let's just say he won't be lookin my way anytime soon lol... He stares at the ground now...

bauer1
01-27-2012, 01:06 AM
Ben never had any problems at Gulf, but he's been gone since early Summer 2010. He just basically kept to himself and made sure the officers had no reason to know his name.

Visitation rules aren't consistent from one week to the next. I've seen people turned away for a variety of reasons to do with clothing and others not have anything said to them. A pair of jeans you wore last time might be too tight this time. There was a sign in sheet that you had to write down your car tag number on along with your year, make and model of car. Wouldn't hurt to have a little piece of paper with your tag number in case they're still doing this. The VP sgt. at the time was very particular about children playing with other children while visiting (even in the outside visiting area). The outside area is quite spacious and there are plenty of tables under the pavilion. You are not allowed to sit next to him, only across the table. Actually only children were allowed to sit next to the inmate. Even mother's, father's, siblings, etc couldn't sit next to him.

Thank you, I went up to see my husband this past weekend. It wasn't too bad, but I'm used to being able to sit next to him and touch him from his old camp, but I can't complain, at least he's only 3 hours away!

ILoveChris27
02-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Hello all, I'm VERY worried about my boyfriend. He was moved from CFRC at the end of January and I've only received two letters from him since. The last being a valentine's day card. When he was at CFRC I received a letter atleast once a week now it seems I'm waiting a week for each letter. This is not like him and I'm worried that something has happened. Does it normally take a while to get a letter from this camp? I have no way of getting in contact with him and its driving me crazy. Please Help. :'-(

ILoveChris27
02-17-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm new to PTO and am trying to find out more info about Gulf CI main which is where my boyfriend was transferred to. I just wanna know is it really as bad as I've heard?Also, does it always take a while to get a letter from an inmate at Gulf CI.? Please provide as much info as possible. Thanks :-)

LittleSunshine
02-18-2012, 05:23 PM
No its not as bad as u heard... Mi husband has been there for 11 months... We have.never.had an issue... No letters don't take long... I'm in south Florida and I get his mail in 2 days...visits rnt bad either

ILoveChris27
02-18-2012, 09:50 PM
I really believe he just hasnt written and I don't know why :'-(

ILoveChris27
02-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Still looking for info about Gulf CI Main if anybody has a LO there..

ben's girl
02-20-2012, 06:06 PM
What kind of information are you looking for? There is a lot of info in this thread.

When Ben was there he didn't have any problems but there are people who do. Those are the ones that typically owe people money or don't mind their own business.

We didn't have any issues with mail either. Do you know if he has writing supplies? Paper, stamps and envelopes? If not, you can send that to him. The mail guidelines are posted in the FL Mail forum.

ILoveChris27
02-20-2012, 08:01 PM
What kind of information are you looking for? There is a lot of info in this thread.

When Ben was there he didn't have any problems but there are people who do. Those are the ones that typically owe people money or don't mind their own business.

We didn't have any issues with mail either. Do you know if he has writing supplies? Paper, stamps and envelopes? If not, you can send that to him. The mail guidelines are posted in the FL Mail forum.

A lot of the info in this thread is from awhile ago. Just wanted to make sure it was current.And I've been worried because my boyfriend told me that a CO told him it was one of the worst prisons in Florida. As far as the mail, I'm sure he has paper,and,envelopes since I send something every time I write. And if not can't they buy the supplies if they need them? Or is it only certain days they can buy stuff? I just wanted some insight from someone who currently has a LO at Gulf to ease my worrying mind...

LittleSunshine
02-21-2012, 07:31 PM
A lot of the info in this thread is from awhile ago. Just wanted to make sure it was current.And I've been worried because my boyfriend told me that a CO told him it was one of the worst prisons in Florida. As far as the mail, I'm sure he has paper,and,envelopes since I send something every time I write. And if not can't they buy the supplies if they need them? Or is it only certain days they can buy stuff? I just wanted some insight from someone who currently has a LO at Gulf to ease my worrying mind...

Everyone is told that there... It's not the case... Just like the cos like to say its maxium security... Likes bensgirl said there aren't issues there unless u owe money or don't mind ur business... The info on here is pretty much the same...

No they can't just go to canteen... Example being my husband hasn't been to canteen in 7 days...my husband sent me mail Wednesday and I got the mail Friday of last week so the mail room is fine...

I mean gulf is an ok prison... Just tell him to mind his business and don't be flashy... Visits r nice... No touching in pics... But pretty laid back... Normally the same cos each weekend...what else would u like to know

mrsmccomas
03-11-2012, 09:52 AM
My husband is in Gulf but he got sent to SEG last week. His first 2 times being in seg i thought it was the guards fault but now Im like damn! he got out of seg n 9 days later he was back in there. So does anyone know if the guards are jerks there or is my husband the jerk?

ILoveChris27
03-11-2012, 10:13 AM
My husband is in Gulf but he got sent to SEG last week. His first 2 times being in seg i thought it was the guards fault but now Im like damn! he got out of seg n 9 days later he was back in there. So does anyone know if the guards are jerks there or is my husband the jerk?

My boyfriend says the guards treat them like crap at times but he says its not that bad. He hasn't gotten into any trouble so I guess it all depends on how he reacts to them being jerks. I tell my boyfriend to lay low and hold his tongue because i know he is short tempered. So far so good.

mrsmccomas
03-11-2012, 12:52 PM
My husband can never hold his tounge I wish he could!!! He should be in work release by now but he keeps getting in trouble so they keep moving him from the forrestry camp to SEG at the main. It would be nice for me n his 3 kids if he could act right.

ILoveChris27
03-11-2012, 01:08 PM
My husband can never hold his tounge I wish he could!!! He should be in work release by now but he keeps getting in trouble so they keep moving him from the forrestry camp to SEG at the main. It would be nice for me n his 3 kids if he could act right.

Yea I know It's hard for him not to lash back. My man says the officers treat them like kids and are unnecessarily rude at times. He is hot tempered as well but I constantly remind him of what he could lose if he was to end up with more time.ME. I accepted his past but I won't be apart of his future if he's gonna constantly get in trouble. This is his one prison screw up. I love him but I cannot go through this again . EVER.So telling him ALL that has really motivated him to stay on the straight and narrow.

LittleSunshine
03-11-2012, 01:13 PM

My husband has been there a yr... The guards give them a hard time but they rnt that bad... My husband is hot tempered but he just avoids trouble... U can't control how others act but u can control how u do so how the guards act I don't think excuses our men...

ILoveChris27
03-11-2012, 02:56 PM
My husband has been there a yr... The guards give them a hard time but they rnt that bad... My husband is hot tempered but he just avoids trouble... U can't control how others act but u can control how u do so how the guards act I don't think excuses our men...

Sure doesn't! And my boyfriend knows that. There's not much he can tell me to excuse his actions if he were to get in trouble. I can't think of a reason a guard would just prey specifically on him. And even if one did he needs to bite the bullet and do as told. He has been doing really good though. Probably because I'm constantly in his ear. But, its for HIS GOOD so he appreciates me staying on him.

LittleSunshine
03-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Sure doesn't! And my boyfriend knows that. There's not much he can tell me to excuse his actions if he were to get in trouble. I can't think of a reason a guard would just prey specifically on him. And even if one did he needs to bite the bullet and do as told. He has been doing really good though. Probably because I'm constantly in his ear. But, its for HIS GOOD so he appreciates me staying on him.

My husbqnd had a co on him for a minute but that was a misunderstanding and cleared up ASAP... It's prison but ya... I don't excise anything lol

ILoveChris27
03-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Hey.. what phone company are you guys using to get the cheapest calls?what payment method should I use with securus? need help setting up calls... :confused:

LittleSunshine
03-16-2012, 04:03 PM
I use Vonage :)

ILoveChris27
03-16-2012, 04:18 PM
I use Vonage :)

Did you use a local number? How much are your calls usually?

LittleSunshine
03-16-2012, 06:17 PM
$1.62
U have use a number that Matchs ur address

shawnsqueen
03-25-2012, 08:28 PM
my man is at gulf ci main. i havnt been approvd for visits yet, but when i am can we touch at all...whats these rules? also i am ppregnant can he feel the baby kik?

J P Hargrove
03-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Gulf Main follows the some of the stricter rules that you have seen posted on other threads: Sitting across from each other, one brief hug and kiss coming and going, etc...

But for all of that, the VP staff isn't too bad. They have been told that they are the 'face' of the DOC and need to act accordingly. Having said THAT, it's never the same exact staff every week. If you want him to feel the baby kick it might be best of he asks one of the officers, if he knows any of them that are 'inmate friendly'.

ben's girl
03-26-2012, 06:01 AM
You can hold hands on top of the table or when you are walking around. Most other touching will get something said to you.

mrsmccomas
07-13-2012, 08:09 PM
how long does it take to get approved for visitation and how do I go about doing this. my husband has been n there about 18 months but I just now hit my 1yr of being released from county jail myself so I know i can go visit I just need to know what to do.

LittleSunshine
07-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Under the visit thread is a visit form .... Fill that out and send it to eithe him or his classification officer (I skipped over my husband for this) it took me 1 week to be approved, my inlaws a month so it varies I had been arrested before so I sent a copy of my dispositions too

Angela4741
06-08-2014, 06:18 AM
My husband just got transferred to gulf ci main unit. Does anyone know if we get to sit beside each other at visitation and can we go outside? Will he get to walk to vending machines with me?

Petite66
06-09-2014, 10:15 AM
My husband just got transferred to gulf ci main unit. Does anyone know if we get to sit beside each other at visitation and can we go outside? Will he get to walk to vending machines with me?

Yes. My husband got moved there 3 weeks ago an it's okay, you sit across from them but your legs are touching each other just like you next to him an he can go to the vending machine as well as the canteen window with you an you can go outside an walk around an hold hands

Petite66
06-17-2014, 08:13 AM
Can someone give me info on something my hubby got moved to gulf ci about 3 weeks ago an they told me his phone is approved but he still can't call. Do he suppose to get a new pin number since he came from a private facility

NAN425
06-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Can someone give me info on something my hubby got moved to gulf ci about 3 weeks ago an they told me his phone is approved but he still can't call. Do he suppose to get a new pin number since he came from a private facility

This happened to us.

When inmates are moved out of the DOC system that uses Securus, their Securus phone PIN is deactivated for security reasons (so no one else can use it). If they are moved back in to the DOC system using Securus, their Securus PIN is supposed to be reactivated. That doesn't always happen.

You need to call and talk to the camp's Securus phone person and ask if his PIN was reactivated when he came back into DOC from the private facility. I'd bet $$ it wasn't.

Petite66
06-18-2014, 11:53 AM
I think you are right I have been fighting with these people for weeks now. I just got off phone with co an she said they sent him his pin # I really hate gulf ci they are very slow about things cause they don't care I really hate that place. Thanks for the info I really appreciate it

Petite66
06-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Can someone give me the hours of what time the phone comes on at gulf ci an do they stay on all day

Petite66
07-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Has anyone heard from there love one at gulf ci today?

Petite66
11-14-2014, 08:25 AM
Has anyone heard about what happened at Gulf CI. I know that they have no movement for the past 2 days

MrsVickers0322
11-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Has anyone heard about what happened at Gulf CI. I know that they have no movement for the past 2 days

I been wondering the same thing. Mu hubby was suppose to call me last nite but didnt. I am worried sick

Petite66
11-14-2014, 06:05 PM
I heard from my hubby about 5pm he said 9 people got stabbed. I pray that things change in the prison system cause we worry our self sick

MrsVickers0322
11-14-2014, 06:16 PM
I heard from my hubby about 5pm he said 9 people got stabbed. I pray that things change in the prison system cause we worry our self sick

Noo! Tell me it ain't true! In the main or annex? Shit now I'm worried as hell. My husband better call! If I called would they tell me if he was one of them??

Petite66
11-15-2014, 03:37 AM
It was the main unit. They just told me that something happened nothing more, but my hubby told me what happened he said it was bad that's all I know not sure if someone died from it or not

MrsVickers0322
11-15-2014, 09:10 AM
I still haven't heard from my man. Can't sleep or stop worrying. I called and emailed the warden. They can't keep us in the dark like this!

MrsVickers0322
11-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Finally I just heard from my husband..he is fine. His area just got out of lock down today. Thankfully he wasn't harmed. But I feel bad for whoever was affected by this.

Petite66
11-17-2014, 03:48 AM
I'm so happy that you heard from my hubby an that he was fine. I went to see my hubby this weekend an everything went well.

MrsVickers0322
11-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Me too!! How is visitation there? I have yet to see my man since he is 5hrs away but any info you have would be great! :thnx:

Flmom2014
12-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Oh my, I just found out my son was transferred to Gulf CI. Must have been just within the last two days cause I check on where he is ever day. Now I'm scared to death he is at a place that is not going to be good for him and I am going to have to worry about his safety. Someone please tell me something good about this place anything.

MrsVickers0322
12-05-2014, 06:53 PM
The block where my husband is, he said isn't bad. It's all open and he gets along with everyone. He is a tudor so it keeps him busy. I guess it all depends on personality.

LadyBlu
12-19-2014, 08:39 PM
Has anyone visited Gulf Annex? Will be visiting there in Jan for the first time. Wonder what's it's like.

LadyBlu
02-25-2015, 08:13 AM
Oh my, I just found out my son was transferred to Gulf CI. Must have been just within the last two days cause I check on where he is ever day. Now I'm scared to death he is at a place that is not going to be good for him and I am going to have to worry about his safety. Someone please tell me something good about this place anything.

I've been visiting at Gulf Annex regularly, from what I've seen the inmates get by OK if they are doing what they are supposed to. Have you been up to visit? It's a long drive, but it helps significantly to lower the worry level if you go visit. I'm always looking for someone to ride along with me. Been listening to too many books on tape while I drive alone.