View Full Version : Bay Correctional Facility Q&A

sweetpea
10-19-2004, 07:50 PM
Bay Correctional Facility (Private Facility)
o 5400 Bayline Drive
Panama City, Florida 32404
o (850) 769-1455
o http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region1/112.html
o FAX: (850) 769-1942
o Chaplain's Office - (850) 769-1455

Directions: From I-10 take Exit 130 (US-231 South). Approximately 12 miles south of Youngstown, look for Bay Industrial Park on the left. Turn left onto Bayline Drive and follow the road until it dead ends at the facility.

Historical Information: This facility was established in 1995 to house adult male inmates. It is operated by Corrections Corporation of America under contract with the Corrections Privatization Commission.

Total Staff (on 07/11): 1 Department of Corrections staff (this means it's a private run facility)

Type of Housing Units:
Open Bay Housing Units - 0
Cell Housing Units - 13
Room Housing Units - 0
Total Capacity - 985
Other Information:
Population Gender - Male
Adult or Youthful - Adult
Facility Level - 3
Self Contained Housing Units -Yes
Designated Confinement Space - Yes
Custody Grades - Medium, Minimum, Community
Medical Grades - 1 through 3
Psychological Grades -1 through 2
Wheelchair Capabilities - Yes
Hearing Impaired Capabilities - No
Law Library: Yes

Academic Programs:
Adult Basic Education/GED
Literacy
Vocational Programs:
Air Conditioning/Refrigeration and Heating
Architectural Drafting
Building Maintenance Technology
Commercial Foods/Culinary Arts
Landscape Management
PC Support Services
Veterinarian Tech I
Substance Abuse Programs:
Substance Abuse Prevention/Education
Intensive Outpatient
Other Ongoing Programs:
100 Hour Transtion Programs
Law Library Program
Library Program
Life Skills
P.R.I.D.E. Programs:
None at this time.
Community Work Squads:
Dept. of Transportation- 0 Squads
Public Work Squads - 0 Squads
Interagency Community Service Work Squads - None

Please post any additional information (or anything else that we should know!!):

Visitation Hours
Visiting Rules (not the ones listed in the 33’s, but first hand knowledge rules, things they do and don’t pick at, etc)
Visiting Hints (attire, what time you should get up there, is it crowded first thing in the AM, do you get a number? etc)
Visiting Procedures – Do they use the old system by just taking your ID and giving you a slip, or are they using the computer hand check-in system?
Visiting Room (Does it have indoor and outdoor visiting rooms? Big/Sm?)
Lodging Nearby

babygirl006
07-05-2006, 08:09 AM
HI,

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A LOVED ONE AT BAY CORRECTIONAL IN PANAMA CITY FLORIDA??? MY SWEETIE IS THERE AND I AM LOOKING FOR A SOMEONE THAT I COULD POSSIBLY BECOME FRIENDS WITH?? LET ME KNOW.

THANKS,

Cindy Douglas
03-02-2007, 08:46 PM
anyone have any info about Bay CF...my son has been there 2 weeks and they have already lost his money order I sent to him??? He got a notice stating it was received , but it never made it to accounting???

vivian
04-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi Cindy, You can call bay 850-769-1455 and ask for the mailroom and they will be able to help you, and if u have the receipt from your m/o you can cancel it. My husband has been at bay for 2 1/2 years and we have only had one incident like that and after that one call it all got straight. They are doing alot of reconstruction there and everything has been a little out of wack; but you make that call and I promise you; you will get some help. I visit on even # and plus my husband is in ATU so if you need any help we will be gladly to assist you and your son. May God continue to bless you; and remember God has the last say so!

Soontobe
05-01-2007, 07:49 PM
What is an ATU?

mauricesangel
02-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Hello everyone, I probably have miss it somewhere else.but doese anyone have any info in Bay C.f? any info would be greatly apprecated.
take care.

ben's girl
03-02-2008, 08:39 PM
What kind of info are you looking for?

General info I can give you off the top of my head is that visitation is only every other weekend, Saturday and Sunday, and the weekend is specific to the last number of the DC number. All even numbers visit on the same weekend and odd numbers visit on the same weekend. The person you are visiting should be able to tell you what his visit weekend are. You also have to sit across the table from each other is you are a girlfriend/spouse. There is only vending machine food and you are only allowed to bring silver change, $1 and 5$. No smoking is allowed as their isn't an outside visiting area. Visiting hours are from 8-2 and they don't start letting people in until exactly 8:00.

Any other questions?

mauricesangel
03-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the information.:)

14WBT
04-01-2008, 09:41 AM
This sounds horrible! My friend just got transferred from Jefferson CI and they had an inside and outside visitation area and you could go and visit any weekend. :(

14WBT
04-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Well I suppose I jumped the gun to fast. My friend says he really likes it at Bay CF. States its alot nicer than Jefferson. He actually sounded good for once. Says they have alot less stress at Bay CF which is a good thing.

ben's girl
04-03-2008, 06:31 PM
They all have their pros/cons to them. Visitation was a culture shock for us after being able to sit next to each other and going outside.

treewife4
04-11-2008, 10:22 AM
He finally got a place to stay! They have moved him to Bay CF. Its not so bad cause I'm in Tallahassee. Which is only a couple of hrs or so away. Plus I have lots of friends that will ride with me to go to the beach! And at least I will be able to enjoy myself besides just to visit. It gives me an excuse to ride to PC every other week or so! So if anyone is looking for a ride from Tally or somewhere close then we can get together and ride out.

14WBT
04-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Well I just went for my first visit at Bay CF. It was very different then Jefferson that is for sure. Seemed alot more laid back. Did not have to ask to go and use the bathroom...the check in process was much faster. Like it was noted before I suppose all facilites have pros and cons. We actually had a very nice visit. :)

treewife4
07-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Does anyone know if you can send books via amazon or walmart.com something like that? Also can you send magazines there? I tried to call but they keep giving me the run around on who to talk to.

ben's girl
07-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Amazon will not guarantee that your order will be shipped via regular mail so best not to use them. I never shipped anything there from Wal-Mart, but as long as they offer regular shipping thru the USPS and not UPS it shouldn't be a problem. Yes, you can send magazines. We never had any problems with him getting his mags while he was there. Anytime you have questions about books you need to speak with someone in Property. Magazine questions would go through the mailroom. I never had problems getting to someone in either area.

Don Quixote
07-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Your best best at getting a response is to ask to speak with whomever is in charge of the mail room. Apparently there is a list of magazines that they have read and decided to approve. If the magazine you want is not on the list it can take a while to get it approved and the copies delivered. Of course, sex, violence, guns and hate are not allowed.

You have to make sure the books are mailed USPS. And there is a limit as to how many they can have at a time.

veryverylost
08-28-2008, 08:14 AM
I asked my fiance if he wanted a subscription to anything and he said no, he was afraid he would not receive them. I guess it has happened to other people. However, I don't speak from experience and I see others have had things go smooth without any problems.

ben's girl
08-28-2008, 05:27 PM
I asked my fiance if he wanted a subscription to anything and he said no, he was afraid he would not receive them. I guess it has happened to other people. However, I don't speak from experience and I see others have had things go smooth without any problems.

My husband gets magazines and books on a regular basis without any problems. Your fiance is at Liberty, right? We never had any probs there either.

veryverylost
08-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Good to know, thanks!! I guess he is going by what he has seen there, but who knows, right?

Deuce4ever
09-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Can anyone tell me how Bay is?
I have a Friend he is wanting to try go there.Is it runned by the Dept Of Corrections or is it a private camp?
How much is the phone calls?How is the vistation ?And most of all how are the guards to the inmates?
Any help would be appericated.Thanks

ben's girl
09-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Bay CF is a private facility. Unless you are local to the facility your calls will be higher than DOC calls. When my husband was there my calls were $9.75, but I am out of state. Visitation is only every other weekend and there is no outside VP, which means no smoking for those that do. There is also no canteen as visitation, vending machine food only and it is more expensive than DOC. If the person you are visiting is your bf/husband, you can't sit next to each other.

Deuce4ever
09-07-2008, 11:46 AM
BensGrl
Where are u located why the calls are so so much.Do they treat the inmates good or not.My Friend is at Graceville but hes trying get closer.
Oh so they don't have an outside place to go smoke?

FAITHHOPELOVE
09-07-2008, 02:17 PM
The calls are higher because it is a private facility and you must have a local # to get the calls for $1.72. As with any camp, you have good officers and officers with a point to try and prove. Some of the officers are very petty. I have not heard of any that are abusive so that's a good thing. I hope this helps.

bovine1952
08-17-2009, 06:41 AM
Good Morning,
Just wanting to know if anyone has a loved one at Bay County near Panama City? Our son is there. We have just sent in our papers to be approved for visitation. We are anxious to see him.

Just wondering if there were others here that might have someone there~

Thanks.

ben's girl
08-23-2009, 05:42 PM
My husband was there from 2007-08.

bovine1952
08-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Ben's Girl,
How was it then? What are the conditions like? Anything I need to be concerened about? Thanks, Jan

ben's girl
08-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Ben didn't really have anything to complain about except for the lack of outside recreational activities. They had recently built another dorm on top of the baseball field so not much in the way of sports to do outside, but they did have an indoor basketball court. And although DOC took out most of the weights and machines, Bay did not.

The visitation area is inside only so smokers are up a creek. Foods and drinks are vending machine only and rather pricey. Be prepared to buy your food as soon as you get there too because it's gone by the afternoon and not stocked until visitation is over for the next day. They do not begin processing visitors until exactly 8:00 am, but they are usually pretty quick about it. Sometimes Ben even beat me to the visitation room. If there was ever any cards or games available, they usually ended up missing by the next visit weekend. We never could figure out what was happening to the items that were being donated.

The most important thing to remember about visiting is that Bay is on an every other weekend visit schedule. Inmates are assigned a weekend based on odd/even ending numbers of their DC numbers. Evens visit one weekend and odds the next. You can only visit on his assigned weekend unless you receive approval for an "out of cycle" visit. An out of cycle visit is any visit that is on a weekend other than his assigned weekend. Also holiday visits are a little messed up because of this. Say he is on the odd weekend and their weekend DOES NOT fall on Labor Day weekend. You can't visit on the weekend before Labor Day, but everyone can visit on Labor Day itself, but if he were an even number you would be able to visit all 3 days.

Although the visit schedule takes some getting used and is a pain keeping up with and the phone rates are higher, the facility itself is not too bad. If you have any specific questions, I will happy to try to answer them for you.

Jbaby4Jailbirdy
09-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Good Morning,
Just wanting to know if anyone has a loved one at Bay County near Panama City?

Well, my boyfriend is there right now, and he was there once before. He mostly complained about the food, being hungry and hating bologna sandwiches, but other than that it didn't sound too bad. And he talked about them going out to work or pick up trash. I don't know much else about the facility though. :confused:

The most important thing to remember about visiting is that Bay is on an every other weekend visit schedule. Inmates are assigned a weekend based on odd/even ending numbers of their DC numbers.

That's interesting about the numbers, I'll have to find out if he's an even or an odd.

tampagirl23
02-03-2010, 09:48 AM
I spoke to the person in Tally that deals with the Faith-Based programs. My bf put in for it and she made a comment that he would probably go to Bay. Since when did Bay have a Faith-Based/Self-Improvement Dorm? Or is this something that is coming. I am confused. And so much for thinking he couldn't get any further away then where he was, Bay would be further.

ben's girl
02-03-2010, 06:40 PM
I seem to recall that Bay does have a faith based dorm. I think it's one of the few open bay dorms they have as most are 2 man cells. I'll ask Ben when he calls.

ben's girl
02-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Bay does have a faith based dorm, but I wrong about it being an open bay; it's a 2 man cell dorm like most of the others. Nothing to do with custody levels; that's just the way Bay was built.

Ben left there a couple of years ago so not sure how things are now, but I can tell you visitation is every other weekend and the weekend is assigned to the inmate by odd/even DC numbers. You are only allowed to visit on the weekend he is assigned unless you are granted an "out of cycle" visit. Everyone is allowed to visit on holidays, but if it's not your weekend whenever the holiday is then you do not get the 3 day visit, only the actual holiday. No outside VP and no canteen. All food is in a vending machine and it's much pricier than DOC canteens (bring plenty of 1 dollar bills and change). They do have a lot more programs than DOC prisons and most of them are still available.

tampagirl23
02-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the info. I live so far away from Bay the every other weekend thing isn't a big deal. Not sure how much my bf would like the cell thing, he has been in open bay for years. And I've heard the phone calls are much more too.

ben's girl
02-04-2010, 08:38 PM
They are more expensive. They do still use CBS, though. He will also have to resubmit his phone list once he gets there. It took us about 4 days for him to be able to call. Although back then DOC was using MCI so it could've been because of that, but I think it's because they have a completely different phone system.

slcjd92
10-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Update on Bay CF - my son was just transferred from there 2 weeks ago and evidently things have changed since the last post on here as they were not doing the every other weekend visitation anymore, you could visit every weekend. You go in and take your shoes off and put them in a bin and then go through a metal detector. You have to take in your ID and you can take 1 car key in and that's it. You can take up to $50 in but it has to be $1, $5, or silver change and in a clear container (I used a zip loc baggie) You have to sign in with your name, address, year and make of your car and tag number. They put your shoes through a detector and then take you into a room where you are scanned and patted down and women have to "shake out their bra" to make sure you are not taking anything in. There is still only inside visitation with vending machines but they have a smaller area at the back of the visitation room which is reserved for families with children and they have a pretty good assortment of toys and books for the kids to play with. I was getting ready to send a box of toys up there for the visitation room when my son was transferred so now I will see if they will take them at Graceville WC where he got transferred. All in all, the staff were very nice and helpful. When I took my parents up there, my Dad forgot his ID in Orlando and they let me have a copy faxed right to the prison so he could go in. I wish my son was back there now.

ben's girl
10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
slcjd92, How are the phone rates now? When Ben was there they were extremely high, atleast for out of state calls. Mine were $9.75 for 15 minutes.

Is sending money still the same? Cashier check or money order made out to the inmate?

Ben wishes he was still there too. He had just moved there on a good adjustment transfer and not even a year later he was moved by DOC.

slcjd92
10-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Ben's Girl: Securus is the phone company and my son's calls to me were $1.95 for 15 minutes so I was not too upset at the costs. I set up an account with Securus and would check online to see when the account was getting low and send in a payment ahead of them sending me a statement to avoid the statement fee. Since I am in Central Florida, I don't know about out of state charges.

Sending money is the same - I sent money orders made out to ITF for inmates name and I also put the inmate's number on it to be sure there was no confusion. He would get a receipt for the deposit.

I was really happy with the facility and in fact when we visited last year at Christmas, they gave each of the kids visiting a teddy bear from their Dad's.

slcjd92
10-15-2011, 10:25 AM
I just talked to my son and he said before he left Bay, he was able to sign his daughter up for the Angel tree so she will have a present sent or delivered to her from him for Christmas. I know last year they also had a program available for the Dad's to read a storybook to their kids and record it and then the book and the recording were sent to the kids for Christmas. I bought one of the Hallmark recordable books and sent my son copies of the pages and he skipped dinner one night and called me so we could have him read the story to his daughter and I used speaker phone to record it for her. She absolutely loves it because now she can hear Daddy's voice any time she wants. I am going to do the same thing this year with a different book.

Babygirl4him
10-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi there! Was just surfing the threads on Bay Correctional in Panama City, Fl. My fiancee was just transfered there 2 dys ago. I have'nt heard from him yet, and am getting worried. Although I am sure he is o.k. I am new to all of this and from central Florida as well. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

ben's girl
10-25-2011, 08:34 PM
He may have to resubmit his phone list so that may be why you haven't heard from him. That's what happened with us years ago when Ben moved there. I didn't hear from him for 4 days.

rebecca22557
11-18-2011, 07:40 PM
My son is at Bay CF, and he likes it. He is getting a bit of a run around trying to get enrolled in the HVAC program. He is happy they have heat in the winter and ac in the summer. He says the food isn't bad (especially compared with NWFRC) the phone calls aren't too bad, it runs about 1.25 for him to call home. We are in SE Alabama just outside of Dothan, so it's an hour and half trip but visitation was nice, nothing bad at all.
I wish he were closer, like in Graceville, Fl but we aren't complaining (remember how good heat feels in winter, and how good ac feels in our blistering summers). His release date is 11/5/13 today. I hope he can get in and complete the HVAC classes then go to Tallyho for WRC.
We are hoping to make the best of the next 2 years and gain from it, since we have lost so much.
BTW, when I add money to Securus, they charge around 8.95 handling fee, so if you put 50.00 on the prepaid account, you actually spend 58.95. I hope all of my ramblings help.
Becky- his mom

ben's girl
11-19-2011, 12:20 AM
It took Ben awhile to get in the CAD class there and then DOC moved him before he could even finish. Grrr

Ben enjoyed the AC and the heat too. He said the AC was very cold in his dorm and he would have to wear his sweatshirt in the summer. Better than being miserable.

I also liked the fact that he could call until 2:00 am on Friday and Saturday nights. I freaked out the first time he called that late because I thought he was sneaking to use the phone. lol On the morning that I would head down to visit he would call me at 1:30 am to wish me a safe trip; I always left at 2:00 am. Just being able to talk to him before I left was great!

They also had movie night on Friday nights in the dorm. And it would be a fairly recent movie.

rebecca22557
11-21-2011, 03:19 PM
And they received the quarterly packages Sat. My son was so happy :) Now I gotta hit the stores for the clothing we can send him.

Doreen1
11-21-2011, 06:13 PM
HI,

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A LOVED ONE AT BAY CORRECTIONAL IN PANAMA CITY FLORIDA??? MY SWEETIE IS THERE AND I AM LOOKING FOR A SOMEONE THAT I COULD POSSIBLY BECOME FRIENDS WITH?? LET ME KNOW.

THANKS,

hi my husband is there and it has been a nightmare for me, i havent been able to see him

rebecca22557
12-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Doreen1, my son is there but I haven't been able to visit him. However my hubby did get a visit. . . hoping for better luck asap

PcolaMermaid
03-17-2012, 03:10 PM
My baby has been there for several months now. I know this is an old thread. Does anyone else on PTO have a loved one at Bay CF?

rebecca22557
03-23-2012, 09:54 PM
My son is still there. He's finally been moved to the "study" dorm, which is 2 person rooms whereas the other dorms were open bay. He is happy. They stay busy studying, it's been good for him. He's hoping his custody level goes down and he can go to work release in the next 2-3 months.

ben's girl
05-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Does anyone know what sports Bay has now? When Ben was there the only thing available was indoor basketball. They didn't have anything outside at that time as they built a dorm on top of the baseball field. He also loves to run but there wasn't any area outside for that either. Has anything been added?

slcjd92
06-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Does anyone know what sports Bay has now? When Ben was there the only thing available was indoor basketball. They didn't have anything outside at that time as they built a dorm on top of the baseball field. He also loves to run but there wasn't any area outside for that either. Has anything been added?

When my son was there last year they had a track to run but often closed due to lack of CO's to watch it and they had weights as well, pulley weights not free weights. That is where he got started lifting weights and running so it was good for him. He's at Graceville work camp now and all they have is the track and stationary chin up bars and push up bars so he is making do.

PcolaMermaid
06-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Ok this is my first time to visit him in prison. So excited! I have read many threads about visiting attire, but I was wanting info on Bay. How are the CO's? What are the rules? Contact? Outside area? Vending machines. Sorry so many questions, I just want the visit to go smoothly. Thanks for any help in advance.

Sent from my iPad using PrisonTalk

ben's girl
07-01-2012, 08:52 PM
It's been awhile since I've been to Bay but they did have vending machines only and the prices were higher than DOC canteens. There was not outside area either so they were smoke-free at visitation long before the rest of DOC. Not much area to walk around inside as well. Bay was our first experience with having to sit across the table from each other. Not sure if it's still this way, but that's from personal experience visiting there a few years ago.

LilMizSunshine
07-02-2012, 09:52 PM
My boyfriend is at Bay Correctional Facility. Where can i go to find out more about visitation for him? I'm on community control right now.. so i cant go see him for about 10 months.. but when i went to the website it said something about video something for visitation purposes? the way they said it made me think like webcam? I'm not sure exactly what it said.. any information would be helpful. thanks in advance.

LilMizSunshine
07-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Nevermind :/ I found it.

Bees' Baby
09-29-2012, 11:28 PM
I do not have a LO at Bay CF mine is at Wakulla annex, but I do live in Panama City. If anyone has any questions about the city I can help ya out maybe. Just send a msg.

lin787
02-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Anyone at Bay? wondering about general conditions there. how is the food, AC? well controlled units/dorms/cells?

slcjd92
02-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Anyone at Bay? wondering about general conditions there. how is the food, AC? well controlled units/dorms/cells?

If you are talking about the private facility, my son was there until about 16 months ago and I loved it. They have A/C and heat, the food was better and they have a lot of vo tech programs available. Visitation was no problem. The only downside was they did not have an outside area for visitation, you were in a visitation room the entire time and the only food was vending food but they had some pretty good vending machine food. I would love for my son to get back there.

ben's girl
02-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Ben liked it when he was there. Not as many sporting activities available but they got creative. AC worked so well that he wore his swears in the dorm. And the phones were on very late on the weekends and holidays and there were numerous phones in each dorm. Canteen was ordered once a week and visitation was ok. Just gets a little boring not being able to move around at all.

Jceaglesgirl
03-25-2013, 11:09 AM

Hey Lin, If you're referring to Bay CF, it's a very good place, my hubby has been there for 1 yr, he's in the faith based dorm, and just recently graduated an intense faith based leadership program, where the family was allowed to attend. I was able to go, and it was very nice, they had their worship team & their instruments set up in the viso park, and were playing worship songs as we were checked in, we were able to sit w/out inmate, granted across the table, tho. It was a very nice program, and there was a spaghetti dinner prepared by the culinary class, and strawberry shortcake (w/fresh strawberries & real whipped cream) for dessert! They were able to mingle among he other inmates & families, there were pictures taken, and afterwards, we were allowed to visit w/the guys. It was great!!

Hubby says in that dorm, they have working heat & ac, hot showers, a TV w/dvd player, & a microwave. He said the food is pretty good, much much better than Holmes & doc food, and the portions are decent. He says they're committed to treating the inmates w/respect & to rehabilitating & not just housing them. The guards are to treat the inmates & family w/respect & courtesy...this I've witnessed 1st hand. Of course, hubby says there are a few guards that try to act like they're in doc, but for the most part, the guards are decent.

From what I understand, Bay CF is commonly called camp cupcake, because it's a very easy camp, it's considered an honor camp, and if an inmate gets into trouble, they try to deal w/it, but if it happens again, they're usually shipped out--this is what I was told by hubby & a few other inmates.

Visitation seems to be very relaxed, sometimes it does take awhile to get processed, they have transitioned over to the hand scan machine, but it's still alot more relaxed than doc..

There is no outside visitation, and no canteen, just vending machines, but the food in the vending machines is good, they have decent size sandwiches, drinks & snacks. It's also a lot 'cheerier' than Holmes was, alot cleaner, and more relaxed during visitation..

bugg1rl68
10-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Good evening! My hubby just got transferred to Bay yesterday. I'm trying to send him money through western union and not having any luck. I get an error message saying they can't find him. I have the correct info (name and DC number). I've never sent money through Western Union before, so chances are, I'm doing something wrong. I've called Bay, the person is not there and Western Union is not sure what the problem is. I would not normally stress about waiting a day, but he doesn't have shower shoes. Can anyone offer me any insight?
Thanks!

positivet
10-15-2013, 08:15 PM
I gave up on Western Union a long time ago and switched to JPAY. I haven't had any problems with them. You might give it a try.

bugg1rl68
10-16-2013, 09:30 AM
I can't send it through Jpay. Corrections Corporation of America only works with Western Union....

jbzgirl09
10-17-2013, 02:57 AM
Western Union updated there system a few months ago. Your going to have to talk to someone in inmate accounts at Bay and they will give you the info you now have to use.

slcjd92
10-21-2013, 01:34 PM
My son made it back to Bay from Graceville WC. He was finally able to get into a vo-tech program and is glad to be back. We are going up this weekend for his birthday and can't wait. I try to send funds every 3-4 weeks and just mail him a money order.:boogie:

slcjd92
10-21-2013, 01:37 PM
My son was telling me last night that Bay has a holiday package program this year in which the family can send a package to their inmate with socks, boxers, t-shirts. Might want to ask you inmate about it, someone took the posting down about it so I am still checking to make sure it has not changed. It starts November 1 to December 15 he thought.

boomerbre
10-22-2013, 03:59 PM
My boyfriend was telling me the same thing, he said the tshirts & socks have to be white and they can't have any writing on them (although he said he has seen the hanes logo across the toe and they were allowed) You can also send in thermal underwear. Everything has to be in it's original packaging from the store.

Has anyone heard anything about CCA losing the contract at Bay? My boyfriend just told me on the phone that they were informed that in January the facility will be run by a company called GEO - he is nervous about the changes they may make. If anyone has any experience with a GEO run prison I would like to hear your thoughts so hopefully I can ease his worries :D

bugg1rl68
10-23-2013, 08:21 AM
I heard the same thing from my hubby last night about GEO and package. I just called Bay to confirm and the property person is not in today.
My hubby was transferred there very recently and we are really hoping they don't cancel any of the educational programs. This place is about 9 hours from us (with a 1 year old in the car), so I hope not much changes.
Lynn, any good cheap hotels up there? I haven't made the trip yet, but we are hoping to go in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!

Bees' Baby
11-14-2013, 02:00 AM
Hello Ladies...I live in Panama City and No....Geo is not taking over Bay CF...they are taking over Graceville though. Here is from our local news. http://www.wmbb.com/story/23698992/graceville-correctional-facility-to-get-new-management-in-2014

Bees' Baby
11-14-2013, 02:17 AM
These are to the closest hotels to Bay CF....Its about a 20 minute drive away.Right now most of the hotels have dropped their rates or are fixing to very soon due to the off season. Hope it helps.
1. http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/florida/panama-city/microtel-inn-suites-panama-city/hotel-overview

2. CMHX/inhamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hampton-inn-panama-city-panama-city-mall-PFNdex.html

3. http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-panama_city-florida-FL436.

4. http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/priceAvail.do;jsessionid=awZOF9zaoYu39sCBWQwl4w**. h54ad?propertyCode=10253&disablenav=

5.http://laquintapanamacity.com/

bugg1rl68
02-04-2014, 10:47 PM
GEO has officially taken over bay CF over the weekend. Phones are done through GTL (offender connect). Hubby says there are a few bumps, but he thinks the camp will be up and running normally soon.

Can anyone tell me how to send money? I have tried Jpay and Western Union, but neither can find his info, which led me to believe I can't send it that way. I've tried calling the facility a couple of times, but I don't think the staff is 100% sure what they are talking about yet. I know some of the programs are gone. Hubby is pretty good about letting me know about the changes in there, so if I can answer any questions, feel free to ask.

bugg1rl68
02-11-2014, 11:10 AM
I was finally able to reach someone there today to give me the info. The only way to send money is money order, mailed to the inmate with his first and last name and DC number.

I hope they get their act in order, because it seems to me the CCA people were much nicer to us and to the inmates…

Hubby told me they lost their microwaves, soda vending machines, school programs have been cut…

Spacecas
05-05-2014, 05:13 PM
My husband just got sent to Bay cf today..I am glad he is so close to home and ended up in a decent place..It helps me relax some cause I was so worried he would end up somewhere really bad..Does anyone know how long it takes after being transferred there before they can make calls?? I am dieing to hear his voice..i haven't talked to him since he left jail..

NAN425
05-05-2014, 06:56 PM
My husband just got sent to Bay cf today..I am glad he is so close to home and ended up in a decent place..It helps me relax some cause I was so worried he would end up somewhere really bad..Does anyone know how long it takes after being transferred there before they can make calls?? I am dieing to hear his voice..i haven't talked to him since he left jail..

Glad to hear he is close to home!

There is no set period of time before he can make calls. He has to submit his phone list and it has to be approved. If he puts cell phone numbers on it, the owners of those numbers have to provide copies of their bill to DOC. It just depends on how long it takes to get all that done. Usually it is at least a couple of weeks from the time he submits it.

Spacecas
05-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Thanks...I feel like I am going to go insane waiting to hear from him again..We still have a long ways to go...

lin787
05-28-2014, 11:38 AM
My son is a 4, and I understand he cant go to Bay until his score (whatever thats called) is reduced to a 3. Where do I start to find info on this please?

lin787
05-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Is Bay still every other weekend visit?

NAN425
05-29-2014, 07:08 PM
My son is a 4, and I understand he cant go to Bay until his score (whatever thats called) is reduced to a 3. Where do I start to find info on this please?

There's different kind of scores that are recorded that way - housing level, psych level, and some related to custody I think too. You'll need to be more specific - ask some questions of his classification officer?

AG2295
08-30-2016, 12:34 AM
Can someone tell me how this facility is now? any changes?

IAmHisMine
08-28-2017, 12:53 PM
Any updates on phones/canteen money/visits? My man hust got moved to Bay today

jencrys
01-27-2018, 11:39 PM
Any updates on phones/canteen money/visits? My man hust got moved to Bay today

My husband is getting moved there. How is it?

IAmHisMine
01-30-2018, 01:57 PM

We like it, it is referred to as "Camp Cupcake" and from what I've heard it is one of the better camps to be at.

avas
02-04-2018, 01:52 PM

It is a private prison run by GEO group. My friend says "I'm really lucky to be here". He has been to 2 other prisons, one being ACI. They have some programs not available at other facilities. The mail in and out moves fast, and the lady in the mail room has been very polite and helpful the few times I have called. I think it will be a good move for your husband.

jencrys
03-05-2018, 09:49 AM
We like it, it is referred to as "Camp Cupcake" and from what I've heard it is one of the better camps to be at.

We got to visit for the first time yesterday. Definitely better than ACI and FSP. Iím not a fan of having to bend over the short tables to hold hands though. I wish it was more like Lawtey and had our door visits and lots of kissing. :-)

But he seems to like it.

avas
03-06-2018, 11:55 AM
We got to visit for the first time yesterday. Definitely better than ACI and FSP. Iím not a fan of having to bend over the short tables to hold hands though. I wish it was more like Lawtey and had our door visits and lots of kissing. :-)

But he seems to like it.

No kissing at all??? No hug and a peck even? 😩
What do you mean short tables? Can you tell us a little more about the visitation process/area? Thanks!!!