View Full Version : Transportation (Bus/Van Service) to Ironwood Q&A

Michael's_Lady
10-13-2004, 01:34 PM
Hi, I was wondering, is there some type of bus, that will take you to the prison and back home? If so, can I get the number and how much it cost. Thanks!
Danielle:o

nkmeo
10-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Hi, I was wondering, is there some type of bus, that will take you to the prison and back home? If so, can I get the number and how much it cost. Thanks!
Danielle:oHey Danielle, I'm Chuck. The Onlt way to go about visiting, if you don't have access to transportation is: FRIENDS OUTSIDE. Check your local directory. Hpoe that helps. I wish you luck.

Michael's_Lady
10-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Thanks Chuck for answering my question. I'll give that I try. I truly appreciated it. Thanks again!!

KING MIKESGIRL
10-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Michael's Lady,

I have taken the Greyhound station from Escondido $78.00 round trip. There is vans that can pick you up at the greyhound station (they work on donations, so if you are as broke as me, that is the way). Anyway the phone #'s are Esperanza's 760-921-8294 and Roadrunner 760-921-1964. You need to call a week in advance to make the appointment.

Good Luck!

NJR102000
10-16-2004, 06:24 PM
I Was Also Going To Mention The Grey Hound Station In Blythe. So You Can Always Take The Greyhound From Your House To Blythe And Then Call One Of Those Vans And See If They Can Pick You Up From There.

Michael's_Lady
10-17-2004, 05:00 PM
Thanks everyone 4 ur help!

babygurlrosas
04-01-2005, 12:34 PM
hi michaels lady you can also try california touch of class they go to chuckawalla and ironwood at $65 dollars and its only on certain days. there going out this weekend on sunday the pickup points are losangeles union station, carson, and san bernardino you can log in at catouchofclass.com if not email me at (removed per PTO policy, please use private messages) because i have other referals i just dont have them at hand

carmel ty
04-05-2005, 03:05 AM
:) hi baby gurl i was wonder if you knew how often is the trip my baby father is thier also and i would like to go see him.someone told me it was once a month but they wasnt sure thanks;)

united
12-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Dulce ~ There's a Ride-share&Carpool-thread here in the ISP/CVSP forum:
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169081&page=6

Good luck!

$um1'$wife
12-23-2008, 11:22 AM
The Greyhound gets to the McDonalds (outside bus stop) in Blythe around 5 am and then you have to wait until 8:30 (I think) for the van to take you to the prison. You have to be out of visiting early to catch the van back to Blythe to catch the return Greyhound.
Here are some other options besides listing in the rideshare thread...

Touch of Class Bus Service: 323-232-7466 or 323-232-8336
Cost for round trip: $65
leaves from designated secure parking lots, is a comfortable way to go
with a bathroom on board.

VIP Community Transpo: 323-864-6136 (Will)
Cost for round trip: $45
Van Service: they pick you up at your door, will stop for restrooms.
No regular schedule, he goes when he has enough folks on board. Safe
and friendly transpo.

Knots Express is a non profit organization that provides
transportation to 40 California State and Federal Prisons from Los
Angeles, Riverside, SanBernardino and Orange Counties. Please give us
a call for schedules 323-418-9100. We look forward to giving you ease
in your time of need.

JASMINE STEWART
01-07-2009, 05:32 PM
is a company called touch of class who goes to ironwood on saturday's. i think the number is 213-305-1638 and ask about the trips to ironwood in blytheHi, I was wondering, is there some type of bus, that will take you to the prison and back home? If so, can I get the number and how much it cost. Thanks!
Danielle:o

cHaMpS` GiiRL
05-02-2009, 09:44 PM
had car problems so thought i couldnt make it up this weekend but someone told me of a bus called touch of class and i know it leaves tomorrow morning but i really really need to know if i have to make a reservation n pay in advance or i can just pay them there SOMEONE PLEASE HELP i really really want to go but im SOOO confused:confused:

Casper's Lady
05-03-2009, 07:32 AM
had car problems so thought i couldnt make it up this weekend but someone told me of a bus called touch of class and i know it leaves tomorrow morning but i really really need to know if i have to make a reservation n pay in advance or i can just pay them there SOMEONE PLEASE HELP i really really want to go but im SOOO confused:confused:

I hope you were able to go.

cHaMpS` GiiRL
05-04-2009, 10:05 PM
no i couldnt go on the bus cuz i didnt get any info on time:(_but i still took a chance on my car and i was so lucky we got there with no problems:thumbsup:_except for the visits getting cancelled early cuz of the swine flu issue:angry:

Casper's Lady
05-05-2009, 06:40 AM
no i couldnt go on the bus cuz i didnt get any info on time:(_but i still took a chance on my car and i was so lucky we got there with no problems:thumbsup:_except for the visits getting cancelled early cuz of the swine flu issue:angry:

I tell you:rolleyes:we go through so much just to see our men. I have my share of crazy things I did.:p No matter what, I had to be there.:yes: Well, at least you saw him for a lil bit.:thumbsup:

cHaMpS` GiiRL
05-05-2009, 11:34 AM
I tell you:rolleyes:we go through so much just to see our men. I have my share of crazy things I did.:p No matter what, I had to be there.:yes: Well, at least you saw him for a lil bit.:thumbsup:

i know i was so super happy cant wait to go back hopefully we get our visits back on for the weekend:cry:its mothers day:sad&blue:

Casper's Lady
05-05-2009, 05:06 PM
[quote=cHaMpS` GiiRL;4632996]i know i was so super happy cant wait to go back hopefully we get our visits back on for the weekend:cry:it's mothers day

:dance:Here is a dance for you all.Hope visits resume back to normal.:dance:

Sheila28
05-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Hey ladies,
I'm new to this forum and I was looking through the threads to find alternate ways of transportation to visit at Ironwood besides carpooling. I have a car but it's a lease and I can't put all those extra miles on it. I stumbled on a couple;

A touch of class (323) 232-7466 costs $65 and goes once a month. The next trip is 6/6.
VIP (323) 864-6136 costs $55 goes as often as possible as long as there's at least 6 people.

His1nOnlyWife
05-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Yes touch of class goes once a month i think :rolleyes:. It was their this past sunday. As for visiting for this weekend I called the info line and it states no visiting this weekend due to the H1N1 virus until further notice. This decision comes from Sacramento & it's in effect for all adult prisons state wide. Hopefully its over soon but I heard maybe 3 weeks or more...:thumbsup: Lets pray that they are able to have visits soon..

Hey ladies,
I'm new to this forum and I was looking through the threads to find alternate ways of transportation to visit at Ironwood besides carpooling. I have a car but it's a lease and I can't put all those extra miles on it. I stumbled on a couple;

A touch of class (323) 232-7466 costs $65 and goes once a month. The next trip is 6/6.
VIP (323) 864-6136 costs $55 goes as often as possible as long as there's at least 6 people.

BeaVerS WiFEy
05-19-2009, 10:25 PM
hello ladies, i am scheduled for a fam visit in june but am having some trouble with a ride:confused::( ma last alternative was the greyhound....has anyone ever done this?????

$um1'$wife
05-24-2009, 02:39 PM
You can take the greyhound and arrange for help w- transpo from there from the Desconso Center... call them and see what they can do for you. I've never done it that way but a Woman w- her baby did it once when I was there. Good Luck!

rjohnson
05-28-2009, 01:41 AM
Hello I am asking if anyone has any information about prison vanpools. I want to go and visit my husband and don't feel comfortable driving to Blythe alone since I have never been there before. I would appreciate any assistance in finding a reliable and reputable prison vanpoool service.
Thanx in advance:o

LeBeau
05-28-2009, 08:32 AM
You might check out the Ironwood Carpool sticky (http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386341)

Ry*sgrl
05-28-2009, 11:39 AM
There is a bus that goes out to Blythe once a month, it's called the Touch of Class.

There is also the Greyhound bus you can take :thumbsup:

Sheila28
05-28-2009, 08:08 PM
There's a thread "need info regarding bus ride to the prison" in the Ironwood State Prison forum.

flawless07
11-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know of any additional transportation options that I could use for the los angeles area?

PTO-110524
11-08-2009, 10:02 AM
This thread is NOT for posting carpool or rideshare requests or notices.

Please use the Carpool/Rideshare Sticky.

This thread is specific to services such as buses or van services to the prison.

:thumbsup: