View Full Version : Wonderful & Easy-Cheese Logs

babs
10-02-2004, 06:27 PM
This one is a family Holiday Must. its really easier than it sounds, and once you get the hang of it everyone will want them.

Cheese Logs

1 Large Loaf of Velveeta Cheese

1 12oz tub of Philadelphia Cream Cheese

2 Jars of Pimentos

2 med size cans of Chopped or Diced Green Chilies

1 Bunch of Green Onions

Pecans

Dash of Salt

Dash of Garlic

Pinches of Sugar
Black Pepper to taste

1 can of Spray Pam

1 roll of Cut-Rite Wax paper

Chop up as many Pecans as you would like I use 3 large handful's Chop fine set aside.

In a large bowl mix Cream Cheese until smooth.

Chop entire bunch of green onions including green tops chop small but not tiny.

Open each jar of pimentos and DRAIN WELL !!!

Mix cream cheese, chilies, pimentos, pecans, and onions blend well.

Sprinkle garlic, salt and pepper and blend.

Set aside.

Cut sheets of wax paper about 18" or so. Take 1 sheet and spray Lightly with Pam, cut about 3 oz of Velveeta, and form a squatty ball, place on sprayed wax paper. Take another sheet of sprayed wax paper, and place on top. With a Rolling Pin roll out cheese to apx 1/8 thick. Not thin enough to see through but thin. Remove the top layer of wax paper spread mixture from bowl on cheese, then fold up both short ends, then roll length wise to close. Take another sheet of sprayed wax paper roll cheese log in and put in fridge for at least 24 hours b-4 eating. Continue until you run out of cheese and mixture. You will have to replace your wax paper used for rolling after about 2 cheese logs that you have rolled out, to prevent sticking. If desired may be rolled in chopped pecans after the cheese log has got cold. May not stick so I don't.

And the Pecans can be replace with various nuts, pecans, peanuts, almonds etc. Enjoy!!!!
Babs

JJT
10-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Any recipe that starts with Velveeta cheese is a winner with me!!

Love the stuff...........

JJT