View Full Version : One thing you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO DROP from your daily "diet".....

strongernow
09-17-2004, 06:18 PM
I'd have to say bagels for me and on the weekends I should stop drinking beer. I think I might also have to cut back on Pasta but we all love it so much in our family it would be impossible!!!

irisheyes66
09-17-2004, 06:24 PM
I can give up sugar, fried foods, chocolate, salty snacks, and takeout fast food....and after the first few weeks, I don't even miss them. However, I cannot seem to let go of my Diet Coke (full octane, LOL). I try to limit it (and drink a bottle of water for every can), but I could never just go without it. Besides, the caffeine withdrawals are awful :eek:

I don't drink coffee or tea, don't smoke, rarely drink....Diet Coke is my only remaining vice. If I have to workout longer and harder to beat the "bloat", so be it. But I won't give it up.

So THERE! LOL!

California Sunshine
09-17-2004, 06:44 PM
It should be soda but I can't do it!

Mckenly'zBoo
09-17-2004, 06:48 PM
GOOD ONE!!! Definatly McDonalds. It's eventually going to catch up to me. McKenly used to beg me not to eat it. Now that hes away, I eat it that much more. When he gets out I'll be a house!!! :0

MsChiku
09-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Sweets: chocolate, donuts, candy, cookies, cake, sweet potato pie. I'm working on substituting with Splenda, but I desperately crave sweets! But I'm diabetic :(

Lady Wabbit
09-17-2004, 09:22 PM
I HAVE to give up my Pepsi!!!!

sweetpea
09-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Give up something...Why would I give up all the horrible things I love....coffee, greasy chicken, soda and tea all day, McDonalds french fries....nope, just cant do it, hard enough giving up smoking, I'll wind up biting someone's head off!!! :p

Judy45
09-17-2004, 09:37 PM
#1 Orange Soda, yep that is my drug of choice..I have many other vices andI am the fast food queen. I need to say no to all...but Orange soda is the worst!!!

mzpeachez
09-17-2004, 09:42 PM
One thing I MUST give up is my daily dose of cappachino's!!
Dunkin Doughnuts has the best......

wvugirl2002
09-17-2004, 09:56 PM
It should be soda but I can't do it!

I heard that. I am a pop freak. I tell people all the time, so people smoke, so do drugs, some drink, me I have to have my pop. don't catch me in the morning without one. if I don't get my caffiene and sugar you don't wanna be around. i guess there are worse habbitts.

angel-of-peace
09-17-2004, 10:47 PM
Hmm...let me see I can't decide if it should be the Mickey D's, or the alcohol or the vending machine food at school!
Looks like I have some work to do.
I am right now organizing things to start the Zone thought. :)

angel-of-peace :love: :beer:

Oscar714
09-18-2004, 01:05 AM
I have cut everything out except Starbucks. I am dangerously hooked on caramel frappichinos. I drink the decaf light ones which only have about 140 calories, so they are not terrible, but I could make healthier choices. I am the type that can't even have a bite or else I will eat the whole cake, so I stay away from anything without serious nutritional value. *trying hard, very hard*

starduk
09-18-2004, 01:39 AM
Why give up all your favourite things?? Instead try to eat it in moderation.. I won't ever give up anything.. I will just cut down on them and reserve them as special treats.. :)

rottn
09-18-2004, 07:12 AM
I live on Code Red and get the worst headache without it. I'm hypoglycemic and i have to graze all day long to keep my sugar up. I usually eat alot of Chex Mix and pretzels for the carbs to do that. Not much for fried foods or fast foods, but every once in a while I have to stop by Gold Star Chili for my fix.

strongernow
09-18-2004, 07:37 AM
Why give up all your favourite things?? Instead try to eat it in moderation.. I won't ever give up anything.. I will just cut down on them and reserve them as special treats.. :)

no no no!
I didn't say give up your FAVORITE!!!
Just one thing in general you need to drop from your daily diet! LOL

chinikfb
09-18-2004, 09:03 AM
Peace...Oh, that's simple, all the good stuff! Love sweets and starches. If I could give up the sweets and starches I would be slim goody! So what I do is limited my intake...not eat like a Geogia Muel...I can can live with that. Happy dieting!!!! Blessings...

billyspincess07
09-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Hmmmm....probably Should Limit My Candy Intake; Im Addicted 2 Starburst!! But As Far As Real Food, Taco Bell Definitly!! I Also Drink Alot Of Diet Coke But Theres Really Nothing In It Do Its Not Bad,right?

MsAloha1018
09-27-2004, 02:59 AM
Where do I begin??? Give up my daily cuppa coffee at the cute little coffee cart next door? Give up my corned beef hash, which probably makes my arteries SCREAM? The donuts? The candies? The cigarettes?

Every thing else I probably can do without, but take my 1st cuppa coffee and cigarettes away and it's WAR!!!

xcooly50x
09-27-2004, 08:29 AM
I need to just give up anything with sugar in it.That would helpe me alot.

vics woman
10-02-2004, 01:18 AM
I can give up sugar, fried foods, chocolate, salty snacks, and takeout fast food....and after the first few weeks, I don't even miss them. However, I cannot seem to let go of my Diet Coke (full octane, LOL). I try to limit it (and drink a bottle of water for every can), but I could never just go without it. Besides, the caffeine withdrawals are awful :eek:

I don't drink coffee or tea, don't smoke, rarely drink....Diet Coke is my only remaining vice. If I have to workout longer and harder to beat the "bloat", so be it. But I won't give it up.

So THERE! LOL!
irisheyes you sound so much like me. i have given up smoking never was much o a alcohol drinker gave up all illigal drugs. but can not give up my dr. peppers have limited to 2 or 3 a day for last month and two months before went to diet havent had sex in last 3 years. and will not have until my man gets out in a little over 7 years from now.so eating is the only thing left to enjoy.

TNC
10-02-2004, 08:33 AM
I would first need to give up PTO or at least cut back. PTO is going straight to my butt. :D

I really should give up breads and pasta, but I love those as much at PTO.

yana
10-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Those sweet coffee drinks!! And same here, that cold beer on the weekends!

BrettsGirl
10-02-2004, 10:16 AM
Coffee would definately be one thing I should drop from my daily diet. Not! It goes so well with my smoking habit. lol

Michelle

swtmel
10-02-2004, 10:55 AM
I love pasta and I know that it is soooo high in carbs but I have FINALLY found a good substitute....it is called DREAMFIELD, and I can only find it at super walmart. I am telliing ya to me it does not taste like a substitute, and it only has like 5 net carbs :)

PTO56489
10-02-2004, 11:06 AM
Oh that's an easy one....CHEESE !! I'm a cheese monster...OH and pasta too...but then again pasta isn't good without cheese anyways *laughs*

Oscar714
10-18-2004, 08:52 PM
I have a new one............ I MUST, MUST, I repeat MUST give up my protien bars!!!!!!! I am soposto have two a day, following my menu plan, but they are so darn good that I eat the whole entire box!!!!! NO, I am not kidding! There are 7 in a box and yesterday I ate a whole box and today I did too!!!!!! That is 40$ on protien bars in 2 days!!!! They are "chocolate chip cookie dough" flavour, I have chocolate peanut butter ones too, and although they have so many health benefits, they have 180 calories in each bar, times that by 7 and I have consumed all I need for the day just in that alone.
On the bright side, I have now consummed all of the bars I have purchased and know the moral of the story is to not have them in my house. If they are not in the house, I am fine, but the second I have anything in here, I fall right off my healthy wagon.

............Oscar..........dusting the dirt off and getting back up.....again.......

irisheyes66
10-18-2004, 09:35 PM
the moral of the story is to not have them in my house. If they are not in the house, I am fine, but the second I have anything in here, I fall right off my healthy wagon.

A common misconception in the world of dieting is that if a product is "healthy", than you can enjoy more if it than you would if it were filled with sugar, fat, or calories. As your anecdote clearly shows, that is absolutely not the case ;)

180 calories is a fair amount for an energy bar...IF you can stop at one. I am the same way with any of the Baked Lays chips. I actually have come to love them SO much, that if I'm not careful, I will eat an entire 5.5 ounce bag in one sitting. Now, that's only 9 grams of fat, but still....the most important aspect of dieting for me is "portion control", which is something I've had trouble with all my life. I never know when to say, "Ok, enough."

The solution for me is just what you mentioned....not to keep them in the house unless it's a very small bag (i.e. the .99 Big Grab you can buy at the convenience stores). It sounds ridiculous to people who don't have a problem maintaining control where food is concerned, but I know it's the only way for me to deal with the temptation; don't be around it.

I'm glad you're dusting yourself off, Oscar's...Rome was not built in a day ;)

jeffsprincess
11-26-2004, 07:19 AM
International Delights French Vanilla coffee creamer. It has 45 calories and 2.5 grams of fat per tablespoon. I drink atleast 4 cups of coffee a day and have atleast 3 tablespoons of creamer per cup. I use all my points for coffee!!!