View Full Version : Segovia Prison Unit Edinburg Texas

BryansGirl
09-15-2004, 11:50 AM
If anyone knows anything about this unit please pm me

Thanks, Krista

CuddleTeddybear
12-02-2008, 08:03 PM
one of my love one got isf for 60 days thank god he is in the tarrant county at this time. i hope he learn his lesson to report its not that hard but i sure miss my son very much thank you all for your prayers have a blessed day.

CuddleTeddybear
12-02-2008, 08:06 PM
me again i also have a son at segovia unit i dont know what is that unit i heard its a pre-release unit god i hope he comes home soon havent seen him he is so far would like to share ride if possible any one intrested please help have a car or your car 1/2 on gas dont matter ty to all

mopitup
12-03-2008, 04:29 AM
Bryansgirl - Segovia is just right outside of McAllen. It's not a very big unit at all. Yes it is a Pre-Release that is ran by TDC not by the contractors (good thing). It's pretty laid back, the guys work out in the "Hoe Squad" in the fields. If you live 300 miles or more you can have a special visit once a month -- 4 hr on Sat & 4 hr on Sun. You'll have to call on Monday to set it up then they'll tell you to call back on Friday to verify the visit. You can however still visit on the other days for 2 hrs. American Airlines flies straight into McAllen & the airport is 20 min from the unit. There are plenty of hotels around. You should have no problems getting to visit - since this place is in BFE there is not a crowd.

When JC was there he said there wasn't as much fighting & gangs. He did seem to think the guards were more prejudice against the white guys. I told him he was just plain looney & asked him didn't he tell them he had a Mexican dad & sister if that was the case. When I visited the CO's seemed to be ok, in fact I got them to keep JC in line as he was about to get released.

Let me know if you need anything else.