View Full Version : yadda yadda yadda... going to lose 5 pounds.

JJT
09-07-2004, 02:13 PM
I went and opened my big mouth on another thead and seems I said I would try to loose 5 pounds by the end of September.

????? What What???

Must have been one of those rare moments of compasion and empathy!!
But there it is...... for all to see.

So, I don't know whether to title this thread:

"How to really suck at this and still lose 5 pounds by October"

or

"Don't really give a rip, but went and opened my big mouth"

Or

"How to lose 5 pounds when you don't really care"

Anyway....

I thought for inspiration or just vanity and attention, I would start a thread and try to post on it daily.

You know all that diet crap that needs to be logged... what I ate, how much I weigh, what color is your parachute.... wait, that is how to find a job....

I weigh, at last physical (over a year ago and judging by the way my pants fit) approx 185 to 195 pounds on my 5 foot 3 inch frame. Most of the weight gathering at the PTO spread points (bottom, belly and thighs).

Breakfast: Dr Pepper, but only 3 glasses, not an entire 2 liter bottle.

Lunch: Fried hamburger patty and what was left over of the salad (had to pick out all the non wilted leaves) with Hearty Italian Vinaigrette dressing, and a Dr Pepper.

Dinner: Probably won't eat again until tomorrow. The only thing I have in my fridge is a two week old chicken carcas (sp) from Fred Meyer and potato salad that is just as old.

Snack: will most likely snag something from the Reception tonight at the hotel. ranch dressing and whatever cheeses and vegies they are serving. And of course, more Dr Pepper to keep me awake.

Guess after work tonight, I should stop by Safeway and get some food.

JJT

Nawna
09-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I know better then say anything about losing weight. Just by saying those words alone, I just gained 3 pounds. I also love Dr Pepper, water is yucky. I dont think you need to lose but you are the one who opened her mouth. So I will read your posts and push you to lose those pounds!! lol

California Sunshine
09-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Hee Hee Hee Hee that was my thread ya posted on and seems to me I said ok I'll do it too YIKES!! Unfortunatly I got blindsided Tuesday with some BS and when I am upset I eat so I have not been good BUT I did walk at break today hey that counts for something right?

I need to start working on getting a few pounds off so maybe I'll post along with you in this thread to keep myself honest about what I ate and what I did but not today LOL
Tomorrow is another day..............:)

JJT
09-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Yes "tomorrow is another day".... fades to commercial!! LOL

I was so tired when I got home from work last night that I did not post. Now I have to try to remember what the heck I did and ate.

Breakfast: Only one glass of Dr Pepper
Lunch: Had a small bowl of Chilli and a glass of Dr Pepper.

I was really feeling the effects of the reduced intake of the DrP. I was grumpy, but thought that of all the habits I have, DrP is probably the highest caloric, lowest nutrition. But I do love it!!

Dinner: Well, I was at work and instead of having a small plate of cheese and ranch dip, I had one vegie pot sticker and some baby corn with just a touch of ranch.

I did have two 20 oz bottles of the DrP at work. So, for the entire day, I cut my pop intake in half. I am still grumpy. Well, that could be by choice at this point. I really don't wanna go to school today.....

Snack: bowl of cut up fruit. And get this....... I had a glass of water!! Nearly shocked my system!! LOL

I had planned on getting some food bought and cooking up a storm tonight or tomorrow. Then a couple of bills arrived with red ink on the envelope and theatened to cut off service. Now money is really tight, and it is so easy to want to buy all the cheap starchy foods (potatos, breads) that fill ya up quick and easy than the fresh fruits and vegies (that I can't eat fast enough before they turn my fridge into a science experiment).

Well that was yesterday.

JJT

JJT
09-09-2004, 08:52 AM
I did walk at break today hey that counts for something right?

:)

YES!!! You took a walk and I drank a glass of water!! LOLOLOLOL It counts!

I am not out to be Twiggy very soon (actually, never) I will celebrate every little accomplishment!!

Whooo hooooooooooo!!!!

JJT
09-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Todays total food intake was one bag of Salt and Vinegar Chips and a 12" Subway Chipolte Steak sandwhich on honey oat bread. It took me about 3 meals to finish the sandwhich.

I had 3 glasses and 1 20 oz bottle of Dr Pepper and two glasses of water.

I really need to get some more vegies and fruit into my diet, and to eat more often throughout the day. I was in my first class at 8:30 this morning and did not start eating anything untill long after 5:00 this evening. That also is not such a good eating habit.

Oh, I did opt to hike up the stairs at school today verses riding the elevator. Made about 3 trips up and down 3 flights of stairs (with all my books in my backpack) throughout the day. Each trip just about killed me!!! **gasp... gasp... can't get breathe... pulse racing... red faced... I'm gonna die....must remeber how to breathe... time for another smoke break...**

I plan on heading over to Linens and Things tomorrow to weigh myself on one of their display scales. Not looking forward to it, but need to have the numbers to know if I actually lose the 5 pounds.

I should be doing some homework, but think I will turn in early tonight. I knew I was tired when I woke up and had keyboard face (yep. fell asleep at the computer).....

Night Ladies and Gents. It's Nap time!!

JJT

JJT
09-10-2004, 10:52 PM
I guess it was karma....

I went to McDonalds today for a Big Mac and a Chicken Salad. Asked for a large Dr Pepper with no ice and got Diet Coke......... fphewwwie....

Not much on the exercise today, as I spent most of the day catching up on homework, and gagging over the Diet Coke.... too cheap to NOT drink it!!

I got a good 4 hour nap and now heading off to work a graveyard shift...

Oh I got a letter today from my daughter-in-law, and new pictures of my grandson!! He is so precious!! I dont' have a scanner, so ***holds pictures up to computer**
You may ooh and awhhhh!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

JJT

California Sunshine
09-11-2004, 01:09 AM
Walked again today at break
Did fine for breakfast (cereal) and Lunch (Sandwich no mayo) but dinner was another story.Oh well a few good things and one bad...getting better as it was all bad before!

JJT
09-12-2004, 05:17 AM
I got off work Saturday morning at 7 am and never really got any sleep. Sometime in the afternoon, I was starving.... and was very bad...... went to the Taco Bell and got a crisp meat burrito, a taco burger and large Mr Pibb, no ice.

The only exercise I got was tossing and turning in bed trying to get some sleep. At about 5 pm I called work and told them that if they wanted me to relieve them from shift, they would probably want to call me to make sure I am up!! LOL

I must have fallen asleep around 7 pm or so.... but it was a fitfull sleep. From what work tells me, it took 3 phone calls to wake me up. they started calling at 9:15 and I did not get out of bed until 9:45.

Now it is 4:15 am Sunday, and I have to work until 7 am.... I am so very tired...

I did have a bowl of fresh melons and cottage cheese. Still starving, so I am thinking of a slice of peanut butter toast.

Oh shoot... gotta go work now...

JJT

JJT
09-12-2004, 05:37 AM
A dietician would faint at the small amount of food I actually eat. Most of daily calories coming from Dr Pepper and high fat foods.

I would probably do much better by eating more food and more often. I just don't seem to have the time or the funds.... I seem to only eat when I feel the hunger shakes starting and by then it is too late to start cooking anything (even if I had food in the fridge). After the hunger shakes... it actually hurts to eat!!

I can be soooo hungry and yet so unable to eat due to the pain of eating. I have to take it very slowly... carefully... and methodically chewing my food. AFter getting a couple of ounces or so into my tummy, I have to wait about 10 minutes... then I can eat normally. It is the strangest feeling.... wonder what the cause is?

Anyway... I just went and toasted up an english muffin. Got blackberry jelly on one half and peanut butter on the other. Going to have some more fruit and wash it all down with some Dr Pepper!!!

Hopefully, I will be able to sleep today after work.

JJT

JJT
09-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Today was one of those "my life sucks - big time- and I don't want to get out of my pajamas, so I am not going to" type of days. Lots of Dr Pepper, lots of smoking, a couple of ribs, and a pint of frozen yogurt.

**heavy sigh**

kezcat
09-13-2004, 12:17 AM
JJT, I always love reading your posts. :)
These ones made me smile. I wish you the best of luck with shedding your 5 pounds- I know you can do it!
I hope your day is better today and that you have been able to get some sleep. Take care, ok?

JJT
09-13-2004, 10:17 PM
Woke up after just a couple of minutes of sleep, rushed to my first class and pretended to be awake all day. I have to stop staying up so late on Sunday nights, but it is a residual affect of working graveyards Friday and Saturday nights.

I had to hit the vending machines today for something to eat, and got one of those tuna fish things w/ crackers. And a Pepsi........the machine was out of Dr Pepper.

After classes, I came home and was wondering if I wanted to order pizza or cook up some top romin when I fell asleep for about 4 hours. Still wondering what to have to eat.... but think I will make one more pass through PTO and climb into bed. I'll eat tomorrow......

I haven't made it to Linens and Things to weigh myself yet.... kinda scared to!! LOL

Jade01
09-14-2004, 03:22 PM
JJT:"I haven't made it to Linens and Things to weigh myself yet.... kinda scared to!! LOL"

:D LMAO!! That is so something I would do.

JJT
09-14-2004, 07:49 PM
So, is pizza that is paid for with cash, instead of a debit card, fattening? It shouldn't be....

JJT
09-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Oh shoot... almost headed to bed before posting my ramblings....

Well, obviously I had a pizza delivered last night. Canadian bacon, pineapple and bacon bits on original hand tossed crust. Paid cash, so non fattening... ya right.

Today, I hit the vending machine at college, one of those prepared chicken salad with crackers job. Then had 3 slices of pizza this evening. Only had 2 20 oz bottles of Dr Pepper during school and nursing a glass all evening. Dang, I could go guzzle a 2 liter bottle right now!!

I haven't gone to work the last couple of nights because, well, I just didn't feel like it and I am going to just give notice if I go back. I am moving in 30 days **eekkk** and need time to catch up on homework and taking the garbage out (geesh, you have no idea!!).

I know that my buying a pizza and eating out of the vending machine doesn't seem part of a normal diet plan, but I am making healther choices. Normally, I would have not eaten at all during the day, but by picking chicken salad on crackers over a honeybun, or not eating at all, seems like a good step.

I got a card from Fellah today... it was all mushy stuff.... **blushes** That lifted my spirits!!!

JJT

JJT
09-17-2004, 01:58 AM
As I was leaving college today for my 4 hour break, one of my fellow college friends hands me a packet from 7-11 that contained two spinach and artichoke rolled tortilla fried things... have no idea what they are really called. Not too bad for free food.

Climbed the three flights of stairs 3 times in a row with my back pack on. Nearly died doing it, but gotta start somewhere.....

Then, I went to the local Plaid Pantry (like 7-11) and got myself a loaf of bread and some good ole floor sweepings balogna. So I had a sandwhich for dinner.

I have had way too many cigarettes these last couple of days. I have smoked nearly 6 packs in 4 days. My nervous system is freaking out man.....

Well, time to call work and let them know I will be in for the graveyard shifts this weekend, but to go ahead and take me off schedule after that. It is time to start getting ready for the move, and I just don't have time w/ the job. The lost wages are not really going to make much of a difference.

Night all..........

JJT
09-18-2004, 06:01 AM
hey, I did pretty good today. today still being Friday, as I am still at work.

Actually drank three glasses of water. Only because i had no cash on me and was too lazy to go to the store before heading to work the graveyard shift.

Sat on my tush most of the day, either doing research for homework or chatting on the IM.

I did make an attempt at cleaning my kitchen. Well that just turned into eating a slice of peanut butter toast while writting Fellah a letter. ya, it was one of those long mushy ones. **blush**

During work I had a frozen entree, something with chicken and noodles. I really do wonder if it was healthier than a hand full of chips!!!

I am off work in 2 hours and nearly asleep.

I really should get on over to Linens and Things to weigh myself. I could have lost and gained 5 pounds for all as I know!!!

Have a great day everyone. Safe journeys if you are visiting!! I will be sleeping!!

JJT

California Sunshine
09-18-2004, 09:56 PM
I will be sleeping!!

That is ALL I did ALL day!! I couldn't sleep last night so slept away my Saturday and now probablt won't be able to sleep tonight :(

JJT
09-19-2004, 04:17 PM
I scored big time on the food at work last night!!

They had some leftover ham slices, some leftover hoagie rolls, some leftover fruit salad. Not much left over anymore!!! I went heavy on the fruit and light on the bread. I even managed to choke down a couple of glasses of water!!!

JJT

JJT
09-20-2004, 08:15 PM
I went on a food shopping/cooking binge today!! In my fridge is are tupperware containers full of chili, spaghetti sauce, a meatloaf and there is a hamburger sitting in my fat and full belly!!

It feels good to have some food in the place.

Beings I ate so early, for dinner tonight, I will probably have a salad. Maybe some water with it too!!

JJT

JJT
09-28-2004, 08:33 AM
Seems I can't eat and post at the same time!! It is 8 days after my cooking spree and most of the food is gone!! And it was all super yummy!! I may have a bit of meatloaf left and some of the uncooked sausage.

It is the end of September now, and I have no idea if I lost the 5 pounds or not, as I never made it over to Linens and Things to weigh myself!! LOL

I am more aware of what I eat, and have even incorporated water into my daily routine. And ya know, that is a start. I am not out to win a "fastest weight lost" contest. I just want to make a few changes in hopes of making a healthier lifestyle. So, a few changes this month, a few more next month.... etc., and maybe somehow I will actually mess up and lose some poundage and get healthy. **shrugs shoulders**

Later gater.

MurphyGirl
09-28-2004, 09:16 AM
I've got the perfect solution for you JJT !!!! How bout you try........now don't get mad........Diet DR. Pepper !!!!!! Zero calories.......still refreshing.........and after a couple of weeks you won't even be able to tell the difference in the taste........but you will in the waist!!!!

JJT
09-28-2004, 12:02 PM
:confused: :faint:

D-I-E-T????? Isn't that a 4 letter word???

LOL!!

I had one once. You can still be my friend, even after that suggestion!!

(j/k)

**wink**

MurphyGirl
09-28-2004, 02:33 PM
Diet Soda Rules , JJT !!

California Sunshine
09-29-2004, 09:24 PM
LOL!!!! I have to agree with JJT......NO DIET DP!!!!!