View Full Version : Info on Miami camp Please

savacac
09-05-2004, 05:56 PM
Hi, I have recently had my court date and gave my guilty plea to 1 count of conspiracy and 2 counts of mail fraud. I am a level 17 on the scale :( I am probably looking at 2 years if everything goes well. Wondering if anyone could tell me about the camp in miami. Most likely I will go there, please someone help.
thank you

I tried posting this in federal forum but had no luck :(. So I tought I would try my luck here, if anyone has any information about the miami camp please post it. I would like to know what's life in there like, are there dorms? What about the things that I can bring in there, also if anyone knows what things can you buy in there. Anything would help becouse right now I am scared as hell, I have never done any time in my life. I have to go to sentencing in 2 months :(

Sydnee70
09-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi. My guy is not in the Miami camp, but I'll assume most of the rules are the same. If so, you won't be able to bring anything at all in with you, even your clothes will be sent back to your family. You can purchase anything you need at the commissary, from snack items to soaps and detergents to radios and fans. Don't be afraid, there's no real problem with violence and the rooms are massively overcrowded, but you'll still have your bunk and locker. If you have any other questions I can help you with, please pm me. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with specific info on Miami. Good luck!

savacac
09-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Tx, you have no idea how much it means to me to see someone actually reply. I have never been in prison so it's hard to say not to be afraid. I still have some time till my sentencing I hope the judge will give me a less than the point system calls for. Anyways I look at it I have to prepare myself.
TX.

Cindi A
09-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Hi.

You might do better with this in the Florida forum. There are lots of us there with family in prisons all over the state. But both times my son has been in it's like what the other person said basically although he went in through county and then was processed in Orlando and then shipped out. But all the stuff is available through the canteen. Your family or whomever will need to get your DC number as soon as you're in and get money sent to Tallahassee to the Inmate Bank so you can buy things with it. Unless you have a DR (disciplinary report) you are pretty much unrestricted on what you can buy. Calls to family within the state run about $6.00 each. It takes a while to get the phones done though. They do quarterly orders for finer stuff like tennis shoes and shorts but all the snacks and hygiene things are available through the regular canteen. Radios are too for the adult camps I think. When my son was in youthful offender that was a quarterly order thing but now that he's in an adult camp it was available at the regular canteen. Books are available I think in librarys (not sure) but family members can send them. They HAVE to come from the bookstore and our experience this time has been that family can send through Amazon.com.

Hopefully that helps.

Cindi

MiamiChica22
09-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Send me a PM with your specific questions. I have a lot of info about the camp...assuming you are talking about the camp at FCI Miami? Try not to be scared. The camp there is easy time, for being in prison.

michael8cars
09-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Hello,

My name is michael, and I am also probably going o be sentenced in September, to a florida low camp. I also would love info about this. Also, where do you live now. Close to Miami, I am in Ft. lauderdale thanks

Mike
Good luck and this site is great