View Full Version : Aunt Lucille's Non-Diet Diet!

qwerty
09-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Well, it isn't really a diet, my aunt just changed her eating habits and went from around 185 to 130 in less than a year. She is actually a skinny little thing now!

So I thought I'd post exactly what she eats in case anyone want to get inspired by it...

First thing, she gave up drinking (wine) for the most part, because she said a couple glasses just set her loose in the kitchen. But she does not hold back on the olive oil! Also her produce and fruit are always the best, so the meals are lovely (she has a garden too).

She rarely snacks, and says "you just have to STOP thinking about food all the time! Just stay busy!" Dinner is the big meal. When I stayed with her, I ate more than she did -- had a sandwich or salad for lunch and also wine with dinner and I still lost.

She also exercises a few days a week, either walking or using her rowing machine.

PS. My aunt is 76 years old!

--------
Aunt Lucille's Non-Diet Diet:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with soy milk (yuck, IMHO) or milk
OR
toast with lo-cal cream cheese
Tea or coffee

Lunch: Either a Cobb salad in a restaurant, with dressing and all the goodies
OR
Fruit Yogurt, a V-8 juice, and low cal bread

Snacks: Fresh fruit

Dinner: Always a HUGE salad with lots of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, parmesan or gorgonzola cheese and the usual lettuce, red onions, tomatoes

Grilled meat or fish

Vegetables steamed or sauteed in olive oil

No-alcohol beer mixed with tomato juice

Dessert: Big chunk of dark chocolate with a small glass of tawny port to sip while she watches Law and Order reruns or a Giants game!!

California Sunshine
09-04-2004, 08:56 PM
I like your Aunts way of thinking :)