View Full Version : How much weight do u gain during your mentsrual period?

*Johnny's Angel*
09-02-2004, 09:02 AM
I was at the gym yesterday and spent most of the time on the elliptical cross trainer thinkin I was burning off a lot of calories, since i did burn a little over 300 on it and plus other fat burning and cardio I was doin yesterday. I know it doesn't work instantly but to my surprise I woke up this morning and stepped on the scale only to find that i gained 3-4 pounds!! I was in such shock and dissapointed as well. About 10 minutes later I discoverd what might be the problem, my menstrual cycle that started about 3 hours ago.

My question is do any of you gain a few pounds durrin the first day of you cycle? if so how much weight is it usually?

Whats great about this is that i know i was eating so much lately becuase of my period. Now i will shed some pounds in the next couple of weeks.. i hope

SoAlone
09-02-2004, 09:14 AM
My gyno told me that a woman can gain up to 7 lbs. YIKES!!!!

Jasonslite
09-02-2004, 09:19 AM
I can up to 5lbs during the whole ordeal. I will start feeling it as far as eating the week before, then during that week I don't want to eat anything. A couple of days after it goes away. Totally sucks, but since I know I don't even weight mself around that time, so I guess that only gives me about 2 weeks in a month that I can weigh myself right.

*Johnny's Angel*
09-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Wow I Wish It Was 7 Pounds More Than What I WEIGH Really!! That Would Be Cool!

irisheyes66
09-02-2004, 10:53 AM
I can blow up by 4-7 pounds easily, so I make it a point to stick to my exercise and watch what I eat.

jr's girl
09-02-2004, 12:10 PM
i tend to be in the 5lb range...totally craving chocolate and salt which doesnt help matters either!

*Johnny's Angel*
09-02-2004, 01:13 PM
i dont crave chocolate but i sure do crave salt!

francis
09-05-2004, 04:54 PM
about 5 lbs..

the good news is during the week before and during we burn more fat when working out...

so use that as motivation to work out during that time...when especially i find it hard=due to feeling bloated and achy...

also, scale is not a good instrument for weight meausrement....water gain fluctuates so much...also, muscle weighs more then fat...so you can be thinner..but the scale may not change or say more...

i go by how my clothes fit...and, how i feel..
oooh...i love that salt too, which of course causes more water gain...but, will be flushed out quickly!!

Tracy68
09-06-2004, 06:38 AM
I guess im quite lucky,I only gain between1-2lbs