:wave: HI!!

Manzanita
08-30-2004, 09:09 PM
hi starzzmom!
thanks for stopping by! :D ;) :p

happy you are back with us again!

Anthony'sWife
08-30-2004, 09:20 PM
Hey Mrs G I just wanted to stop by and let you know that Brooklyn is in the house!LOL

Manzanita
08-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey Girl!!!

NYC in the house!!!!!

Ronnie
08-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Hey MrsG and to all the fellow New Yorkers. Saying Hi from Atlanta!

Manzanita
08-30-2004, 09:28 PM
Hey, you are considered a New Yorker too Nuros wife!
heYA ATL!!!

how is the weather? it is HUMID here and it is so bad and rain is coming!

chinikfb
08-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Peace to all have a connection with my hometown, The Big Apple! New York did me proud yesterday, by its participation in the demonstration against Bush, his regime and his agenda. Wish I was there. Do plan to be at Wednesday's chat. Blessings...

Manzanita
08-30-2004, 09:36 PM
Hey chini,

another big apple lady!

down with the BUSH!!!

Ronnie
08-30-2004, 09:42 PM
I am a New Yorker ---born and raised---just had to leave that place for greener pastures. My boo is still there though. I do miss NY; but I don't think that I'll ever move back...

It is a great night here in Atlanta, its 78 degrees with a nice breeze out.

Manzanita
08-30-2004, 09:50 PM
my mom left NY for Florida and will never come back but she misses the chinese food! LOL and the Xmas in NY too!

Anthony'sWife
08-30-2004, 09:52 PM
I wish we had some type of breeze it is so humid, I AM INSIDE, AC IS ON OVERTIME, lol

Manzanita
08-30-2004, 09:56 PM
I have had my AC on for over 24 hrs straight, my dog loves the AC too, when I take her out for a walk she is so slow, poor thing, the air is STIFF!

nasty_boo
08-30-2004, 09:56 PM
hArLeM wOrLd iN dA hOuSe >>>wHaT wHaT<<< :D

just got back from the convention hell :mad: and i am so happy to be back uptown :cool: ... wuz going on ladies!!!

Manzanita
08-30-2004, 09:59 PM
wuz up? I used to take the 1/9 train to 215th, I grew up on the A train to 181st

Anthony'sWife
08-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Hey ladies I just wanted to start a check in here for our New Yorkers, let us know how everything!

Well as for me, things are finally starting to fall into place, I found a better job, my mom was ill but she is doing much better, me and my husband are closer than ever, I am much happier than I was before I found this site! How are u doing!

Manzanita
08-30-2004, 10:05 PM
I am doing well too, thanks!!!

I am looking for a better job right now, in school too!

glad to hear your mom is better!!
:)
PTO has definately helped me in many ways!

nasty_boo
08-30-2004, 10:18 PM
here i am with my lil story!!!

i think i'm finally getting my life on track ... i made up my mind about school ... JOHN JAY im coming ... i want to get into criminal justice / forensic psychology / criminology and i am happy as i havent been in a good while :D i also plan to start a non profit organization to help ppl with death penalty (thanx to my new friend in cali on Death Row)! me and my man are getting along just great and he finally realized that he needs to make major changes in his life :thumbsup: i am so proud of him!!! my best friend upstate is doing great as well and he seems to understand that prison his not a place he wants to stay for the rest of his life which means he got it too :rolleyes: i guess i cant ask for more!!! ;)

Anthony'sWife
08-30-2004, 10:18 PM
I am so happy to hear that you are doing well! I was so stressed I felt like I was on the verge of a breakdown, I felt like I had the world on my shoulders, but now I have a better perspective on things and that is mainly because of this site, I used to feel like I was alone but I see now that I am not alone, I have a better outlook on this whole situation!

haswtch
08-30-2004, 10:25 PM
Hey y'all, greetings from the foothills of the Catskills! It's hot up here too!

trescheek
08-31-2004, 08:24 AM
Hey there! Transplanted NYer here originally from LI ... miss lots of things about NY ... next to my hubby I mostly miss the great food ... cannot get good Chinese or pizza down here in the Metro DC area. :blah:

Manzanita
08-31-2004, 08:39 AM
Hey UPSTATE NY!!!! another hot one today! BLACH!
---
My mom misses the chinese and pizza too! ! NYC pizza is the bomb!

LADYCEE
08-31-2004, 10:06 AM
Hey ladyz I must say I 'm doing ok myself things could be a whole lot better as everything could but its like they say in the AA meeting one day at a time easy does it I think thats how it goes someone correct me if I wrong. Anyway things with me and hubby is good just wish we had more time to spend together (trailer really help), I graduated back in June and an along with Ms. G I'm also looking for a better job. other than that I just remember to keep smiling cause it could be alot worst. And a Very BIG SHOUT OUT to the brains behind PTO, because or this site alot of this time seems possible. I met some really good ppl some in person others I'm sure I'm meet as time goes by. ;)

Anthony's Wife glad to hear your mother is doing well

haswtch
08-31-2004, 10:38 AM
Florida Chinese is not food.

LADYCEE
08-31-2004, 10:54 AM
Hello All

:wave:

By way of bklyn.

Hope to see alot of you tomorrow in the chat rm. @9pm (rm.@9pm) :thumbsup:

chinikfb
08-31-2004, 01:13 PM
Good topic! I am well as are my two teens. The Summer could have been better had I had more money, yet the blessing is that everyone is well. My friend starts school following the hoilday. He should do well and the program will hopefully keep him focused. Started walking once again. Have to get off some pounds. Staying busy with friends, my book club, family and activites in the city. Plan to visit my beloved, in October. Plan to go to a spa soon. Also have plans to gather family for a dinner. In all, just trying to keep busy. Hope you, too, are well. Blessings....

DAVE NYC
08-31-2004, 01:31 PM
I was born in East Harlem...raised on the upper west side (100th & Amsterdam). I spent all of my time above 110th between morningside and first ave., during my gangsterism days. But, I know every square inch of Manhattan. When I finally got work Release I was sent to Edgecombe and 163rd and I was walking down Broadway after almost 5 years in...I was wearing my prison greens. Being I am 6ft 5 and 270lbs...plus I'm white. I stand out like a sore thumb (sometimes.) But, I go anywhere I need to go in the city. When I was 15 years old, I was getting my stuff on 123rd and Adam Clayton and every spot in between, from 110th all the way to Washington heights.

I have been living in White Plains, NY for the last year with my wife. But, I am down in Manhattan all the time. I go to my methadone program once a week and it only takes 12 minutes from White Plains to Harlem 125th on the metro north train (plus, my mother still lives on 100th). I never knew I could escape the ghetto and be in the suburbs by taking a 12 to 15 minute train ride.

Anyhow, Harlem is not Harlem anymore...It is not like it was in the 1970's and 80's. Back then, it was crazy. Now, it is very clean and peaceful...in a way, I liked it when it was wild. Now, I don't get that surge when I walk down 125th. It is a whole different ball game. I guess it is better for this generations youth. But, if anyone remembers Harlem 15-20 years ago, knows what I'm talking about. I spent ALOT of time in Spanish Harlem due to my Heroin problem. I was able to blend right in. The cops thought I was spanish. Because I have black hair and I always wore a big mustache. My icy blue eyes sometimes made them look twice though. If the cops ever said anything...I would simply say, I am on my way to 116th and Pleasant Ave. (The white section of E.Harlem)
After a while I became a fixture on 110th and Lexington ave...Lenox ave. as well :)

But, those days are over (thank god). I have been clean for 10 years and in a way I don't regret anything I did in my past. Because, everything I did made me the man I am today. If I just stayed home and stayed in school. I would not have experienced the things I experienced growing up.

Let me stop rambling:p

Ronnie
08-31-2004, 04:01 PM
Hi Ladies. I am doing pretty good...a bit stressed, but that has become the norm for me. ;) I am a full time grad student, I work, raise our 2 teenage girls and try to stay sane. Keeping busy is an understatement for me! I am doing something just for me this week though. I am taking off of work this week---I need a few mental health days!:D

I will be much happier once I leave the south next year and move closer to my husband. We have been doing this long distance for the past 5 years and we have both had our fill;:( but in the meantime I am trying to make the best of all situations.

Manzanita
08-31-2004, 06:07 PM
it is nice to get to know something about all of you. I admire you single mom's too!
I was raised by a single mom,and she did it ALL!...

hang in there, some nice weather is coming to make all of this bearable!

daWifey
08-31-2004, 08:17 PM
Congrats Dave!

I am reppin NJ!!!

babyboy421
08-31-2004, 11:26 PM
Holla Back Brookyn. "Brownsville never ran and never will" LOL

Breen

westybosm
09-01-2004, 09:39 AM
Holla, NYC where u at??? Holla at cha girl!!!

Bushwick (Brooklyn) in da house!!!!

Anthony'sWife
09-01-2004, 12:19 PM
Yes I agree with Mrs G, it is really great getting to know a lil something about all of you, to me it just makes it that much better. And I also feel like LadyCee, this site definitely has made the time seem easier to deal with. Thank God for PTO. I kid you not I think I was definitely on a verge of a breakdown before I found out about this site, I mean I know that there are lots of people dealing with the same type of issues but I never get a chance to get to know them, I don't really talk to many people when I'm on my way up to see my husband, so this site to me brings voices to the many faces that I see on there way to see there loved ones, and it gives me a better insight as to how to try and deal with this situation.

I am off today and it feels so good just to be home right now taking some "me" time and just relaxing. I really didnt realize how important that is until I came to this site and read so many post saying that it is okay to feel like we need a break, I used to think that I had to remain strong no matter what and just keep it moving full steam ahead and that is true to some extent but I also have to learn to keep myself sane enough to do so LOL,:D so thank u ladies for allowing me to express myself, this site has also helped me to become even closer to my husband, thank U so much PTO.

And to Mrs G and LadyCee, dont worry you will find a better job, Its hard out there trust me I know the economy is slow, but just have faith and things will turn out ok,;) and once I get situated in my new job I will let U ladies know when they are hiring again. And thanks LadyCee I'm glad my mom is doing better too!:thumbsup:

And Nuro's wife taking time out for you is the best thing you can do right now;) , you dont want to burn yourself out. Trust me girl I know about that!:)

And Chinikfb I feel u on the walking thing girl, I know I need to shed a few pounds myself,:D I know this summer was not all that I mean I dont know about ya'll but everytime I planned on going to the beach or something it was always raining,:mad: then the nice days,I had to work, but atleast we got through it all blessed, U know!:thumbsup:

And Nasty Boo, Girl I am very happy to hear that u have decided on what you want to do, do your thing at John Jay girl and I will definitely be PMing u to ask u about some of this legal stuff that I dont understand!:thumbsup: LOL

Anyway ladies don't forget to check in every now and then just to give an update on whats going on, we have to support each other!:) :thumbsup:

Peace!

Anthony'sWife
09-01-2004, 01:18 PM
I see Brownsville, LOL, and Bushwick, I'm from Fort Greene Myself, I lived out in the east for lil bit whe I was a youngin, Brooklyn Stand Up!

A Big Shout Out to all of NYC!

Sam's girl
09-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Hello from the Hudson Valley, just got back from a mini vacation.

Charliesgirl
09-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Hi Fellow NYORKER"S . I live upstate near Rochester. My man is in GA. IT s been nice here the past few days, before it was so sot and humid that my a/c was on about 48 hours straight. Im off to work now. You all have a great day

jeffsprincess
09-01-2004, 03:10 PM
well even though i live in maryland now, i am going down as a new yorker!!! i will always be a new yorker!!!!

Manzanita
09-01-2004, 06:17 PM
what up BROOKLYN? many crooklyn ladies here HU?

HEY HARLEM!!!

hey Rochester Lady
and Good Ol' Hudson ValleY!!!

Once a New Yorker, Always a New Yorker!!!

---I know there are more New yorkers here then this!!!

starzzmom
09-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Guess I'm the only Queens girl around! That's ok, I love all of NY. Don't think I'll ever leave, even with all it's problems. My hubby is born and bred and ran in The Bronx.
To Dave, 125th street isn't all that great, hubby got into plenty of "trouble" on those streets in the last few years. I spent many nights around there, and maybe it's because I'm a white girl from Queens, but I wasn't feelin' it. But good for you! Keep up the good work!

Manzanita
09-01-2004, 09:11 PM
what's up QUEENS!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

queens in the house!

Certain parts of Harlem are still bad, but just like the Bx too, yet some have been coming back with the Real Estate Market, even the South Bronx is trying to shape up...

DAVE NYC
09-01-2004, 09:30 PM
what's up QUEENS!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

queens in the house!

Certain parts of Harlem are still bad, but just like the Bx too, yet some have been coming back with the Real Estate Market, even the South Bronx is trying to shape up...
You are right, Certain parts of Harlem are still bad. But, bad nowadays is like kindergarden 20 years ago and there is not enough bad places of Harlem worth mentioning. Because 90% of Harlem is safe nowadays. You will not see open drug sales on any corner of Harlem nowadays...everything is behind closed doors. Back in the days ALL of Harlem was BAD! They have improved it so much...it is not even Harlem anymore and the "bad" areas days are numbered. It is a shame. I was in Harlem today and I saw yuppies walking their dogs on 118th and 8th ave. What a joke. The South Bronx has always been run down..But, it is the same thing. You will not even see a stick of weed sold on any street corners. I'm sure crime still gets committed in Harlem and the Bronx. But, it is not out of control like before. I will always be an outlaw at heart and I miss the action Harlem had to offer. But, on the other hand, if there was action...it might up my chances of being sent back up:(

However, you will still find some rough areas in parts of Brooklyn.:thumbsup:

j2sq
09-01-2004, 09:36 PM
WNY HERE!!! Buffalo... :D

hello ladies!! i have been so busy lately but had to stop in to say HELLO to the NY bunch!!

(((HUGS)))

great 'lil thread ya got here Mrs. G!! :)

j2sq
09-01-2004, 09:43 PM
hey ladies!! :)

right now, things r OK...

i just started back up at school. i am going full time this semester which is 4 classes. i am also working a bunch of hours. retail means TONS of hours around this time of year up until January?! :eek: school is OK. THE MAIN THING is just getting used to balancing out school, work, Joe, writing, visiting and all kinds of stuff in there too!

Joe and i r doing good. he is STILL in the box and will be 'til next year sometime. that is CRAZY!! i don't get to see him AS much and the money factor SUCKS!!!

bottom line, i need MONEY!!! in so much debt right now?!?!?!? :(

BUT i am alive and well and hanging with all of ya, puts a GIGANTIC :D on my face!!

ksoccio1
09-03-2004, 02:36 AM
I was born in NY and have been all over the world, And this is still the best place to live!!!

Manzanita
09-03-2004, 09:07 AM
I know!!! tell that to my husband who is afraid to come back to NY!

Ronnie
09-03-2004, 09:22 AM
MrsG --My husband is also afraid to come back to NY to live. When I first told him about the career opportunity I have here in Atlanta he was pushing me to move so he wouldn't have a reason to come back to NY once he's released. For him his fears are due to the fact that most of his family/friends who were doing crazy/illegal stuff 20 years ago when he went inside are still doing the same crap and he is fearful about getting involved with them again. I am fine with not moving back to NY too though. Our lives have been better all around since we moved; but NY will always be our home.

haswtch
09-03-2004, 09:29 AM
I used to travel a route that involved both Grand Central and Penn Station when I was a teenager, and walk from one to the other. Just to people-watch and feel bold. :) you city gals probably won't be able to relate? And I've also been down there since Giuliani Disneyed everything up, and although I realize a lot of the wild stuff that was going on was miserable for the people involved in it, there's something about that frantic energy that's just MISSING now. and unless I'm crazy, I suspect the misery part has just been shoved off somewhere less obvious to tourists?
I miss NYC. (Not that neighborhood LOL, but others downtown.) But it's a nightmare to navigate with little kids in tow.

Manzanita
09-03-2004, 09:35 AM
I can understand the fears, my husband has no friends from when he went it, he went in at 17 and is now 32...some family members may not be the best influence but he does have many that are...and he has me, so your husband has YOU as a good influence too, not to mention the fact that if he really is that afraid, he will not want to be around them, and he can choose not to, ya know? Whatever they surround themselves with determines how well they will do, they need positive, contructive things and people in their lives. If they surround themselves with good things, they will do good things, I really believe this to be true. If he has his head straight no one can sway him, so I know we should not worry, I know my husband will be ok, as long as he remembers what he had to do to get here, he will stay straight. I have been reading some things, on long term sentanced offenders doing better than others when they come home, etc etc...You should read them too. I posted some things to read in the LONG TERM SENTENCED OFFENDER FIRUM ...stuff I had found searching for myself...http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76344

my husband grew up out of the country and in a bad area, he does not want to see the streets there, but I do not live near where he did, I know the noise and hanging out will bother him, but it is ok where I am, no drug dealing...he is afraid of the BIG city life, he wants to live somewhere quiet...and I do too, but I am afraid of missing NY if I go and then will I get a job, NY pays so well!

Manzanita
09-03-2004, 09:42 AM
actually, the CITY is still wild....but it is cleaner...42nd street is not that Disneyed up, I love the lights and the constant hustle and bustle, 34th street has also changed and you can hardly walk down the street!! It is sooooooo crowded!!!

Grand Central is still wonderful and great building, NY is full of places to go that are just still amazing. I went on a boat trip the other day at night and saw the statue of liberty close up and it was BEAUTIFUL! I was teary eyed, also because the TWIN TOWERS being gones is still weird. The sky line is not the same anymore...I know you still have Empire State Building and the Chrysler building but something is missing from NY....it makes you sad...but something about this city will never die, I dont know how to exlpain it, I am such a city girl, but I used to ride the trains when I was bored and just walk through neighborhoods watching people, and stores.....NY is a great town! not just out of town people do this...LOL

Manzanita
09-03-2004, 09:50 AM
I am hoping to move to my old neighborhood that was SO QUIET and a park near by...nice buildings...but rent is CRAZY!....I am paying 800 for a 1 br in the Bronx and that is ALOT!! It is not even renovated...My first apt here was 650...in 1996...that was a deal you cannot get anymore!! Now they rent 1 brs for 900-950 and in the BRONX!!!! in Manhattan, they have studios for over 1,000....AND you have to have like IMMACULATE credit, which I do not have.lol...I hope I have luck when I look next time, like with this one.

Ronnie
09-03-2004, 03:47 PM
I know that my husband will be fine once he comes home---because I am not having it any other way. He has his head on straight and so looking forward to the next phase of his life...of our life. We will not live in NY but we will visit our folks often and do the NY thing. I sooooooo love the shopping, nightlife and hustle and bustle.

LORNA
09-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Another Brooklyn girl checking in. Hope everyone is well and have a safe and enjoyable holiday.

Manzanita
09-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Thank YA Lorna, lots of BK ladies here!

Anthony'sWife
09-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Hey Jessica, I know How you feel I mean it is so hard trying to deal with so many things all at once, dont burn yourself out sweetie, and remember to take out some "me" time. Ya know, take care sweetie and I hope everything goes well with you !

battah
09-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Hi From albany ;)

Manzanita
09-05-2004, 09:02 PM
What's up ALBANY??????

battah
09-05-2004, 10:45 PM
What's up ALBANY??????

Nothing much and you? ;)

starzzmom
09-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Thank God right now I can say things are going pretty good. Me and hubby are back on the right track, and things are going good. He's sorry for everything he's done in the past and is turning a new leaf. And has realized what he lost and was blessed enough to get it back. I feel towards him again the way I felt when we first got together.
I'm on my new job for 5 months now and that's going good too (hang in there ladies - I was looking for a job for a VERY long time)
My daughter is good, being a typical 4 year old brat.
My uncle who was ill, is doing a little better. I'm just worried about my mom, but I think she'll be fine
Life is hectic, but that's ok. It would be boring otherwise.

Manzanita
09-06-2004, 08:44 PM
starzzmom, I am very happy for you, I think it is all in how we see things right? Our attitude sometimes can change everything, Attitude is everything, they say...You sound very positive. I have been looking for a better job for a long time too, too long...Maybe will hear something this week too. Nice to hear about all of this going on for you...

haswtch
09-06-2004, 10:16 PM
I am looking at my littlest (of 3) starting kindergarten on Wednesday...she is excited and scared, but more excited. I just FINALLY tackled a huge clutter problem and my apartment is almost humanly inhabitable again. And in my relationship, we just took it up to a whole new level. We were pretty close, had our first fight, and I LOVE HIM MORE THAN EVER!!! and now that school starts, I can visit once a week.
I agree with you guys- PTO saved my sanity. I found it the night they took him from county to Downstate and I literally signed on through a storm of tears. It was like coming to an oasis in the desert.

Manzanita
09-07-2004, 11:33 PM
wuz up all?

Anthony'sWife
09-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Hi everyone! Hope all is well out there for all of you, I am ok, just celebrated our 3 year amrriage anniversary on monday, we have been togethre for 8 years in total. I went to see him and our visit was beautiful, I just love being around him!

Hey starzz I am happy that u have such a positive outlook on things, I too am worried about my mom she is ill but I know she will pull through, she has been in and out of the hospital for a while now and I just pray to God to give her strength!

And Hswatch I know how it feells when you are trying to de-clutter everthing,LOL I just say take it one room at a time!

Ladies I just want to say that we need to keep our heads up! Things will turn out ok just stay positive, I too was looking for a better job for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time and I found one finally! Goood luck ladies and keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!

Manzanita
09-08-2004, 12:10 AM
:beer: Happy Anniversary :clap:

ksoccio1
09-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Everything Is Alright, In This Little Hicktown, And Still The Same In The Roc, Traveling Between The 2 Is As Close As I'm Going To Get To Nyc, I Miss It So Much.

Sam's girl
09-08-2004, 06:59 AM
Hey ther everyone!! Back to school for my kids today YAY!!! :)

haswtch
09-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Same here! Man this place is QUIET:)! How old are yours, SG? Mine are seven and five and seventeen- gots me a high school senior and a kindergarter at the same time, barely know if I'm coming or going!

Sam's girl
09-08-2004, 08:57 AM
LOL Haswtch! My daughter is a Junior this year and my son is in the 5th grade... yes I'm enjoying the Quite too :) And I'm enjoying a week off from work :)

Manzanita
09-09-2004, 11:16 AM
WHO IS FROM ROCHESTER????

I could swear there are at least 4 of you from there???

shout out to ROCHESTER!!!

ksoccio1
09-09-2004, 12:59 PM
I used to live and work in Rochester, I still spend a lot of time there, I have since moved to the burbs, 30 minutes away. Clinton Ave, and Jay and Broad. and I used to live on Orange. If any of the people from there, know this area, they know what my line of work used to be. I have since retired from that business, but I have a lot of family that still lives there, so I am there very frequently. "Holla" at cha girls right now from the Roc!! :cool: I also traveled frequently to Manhattan, I still get there once in a while, but no longer for business, 167th and Broadway. "Holla NYC" :cool:

SoAlone
09-09-2004, 01:21 PM
Hi all!!!
Queens here!!!! Im never usually in this forum because Rob is in a Fl prison.

Maggiebklyn24
09-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Hello my NEW YORK LADIES>> RAISED IN EAST NEW YORK BKLYN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My parents now live in Queens.. Woodhaven ... you can take me out of NYC but NYC wont ever leave me.. We have the best PIZZA here in NYC.

LADYCEE
09-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Happy Anniversary Anthony's Gurl and many more:thumbsup:

Manzanita
09-09-2004, 10:35 PM
hey, just checking in...FINALLY got a new job, YEAH!! :yay: I will be starting soon too, this does relieve me of so much stress, you have no idea! now I have my WEEKENDS BACK too!!! :yay: :dance: :yes:

Hope everyone is good tonight!! :rock:

j2sq
09-09-2004, 11:23 PM
thanks a bunch Anthony's... ur a real sweetheart!!

HEY STARZZ!! :)

Manzanita
09-09-2004, 11:31 PM
Ladies I just want to say that we need to keep our heads up! Things will turn out ok just stay positive, I too was looking for a better job for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time and I found one finally! Goood luck ladies and keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to mention this....THANKS! I ditto this totally! I was looking for a job for ....
FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
so, yes, anything is possible, just NEVER GIVE UP!

Manzanita
09-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Never Give Up
by Mark Howard

I'll never give up fighting till the end
If I fall along the way I'll get up and try again
But never shall I accept the fact of defeat
I've set goals in life and those I must meet
But never will I let negativity hold me down
Those who think positive I keep them around
Never shall I dwell on things in the past
Bad times come but never do they last
I shall never give in to those who are weaker than I
If I give up now why not lay down and die
Never Give Up

Mark Howard
Copyright 2003

bases on a Poem by HH Dalai Lama

Ronnie
09-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the poem MrsG---I needed that today!!! Life has som many tests, trials and tribulations and they can get us down if we allow them too. Staying focused and positive helps us make it through. That poem helped to set my mood for the day. Thanks again. I am off now to conquer the day and not let it conquer me!

NYYankee
09-10-2004, 09:01 AM
How's everyone doing! Nice poem MrsG. I too am on the job hunt. I was caught in a political crossfire at the school and ended the only up being the only fatality. A little backstabbing by my "friends" didn't help either! I know these things happen for a reason, sometimes it just takes awhile to figure it out. I miss the kids but not all the BS.
My youngest is off to 5th grade! He is such a little man! My daughter is off to college next month (Art Institute of Pittsburgh). My oldest son lives in Cali and has for the last 4 years. It's oddly quiet here...

Cottontail
09-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Glad to see everyone is keeping their heads up and staying positive!! :)

It's the only thing that's going to keep us sane! :p

Things here are pretty good too. My little one also just started the 5th grade and she is the BEST kid on Earth, I swear! :D

I was able to snag a second job about a month ago and it's keeping me busy. I'm working in a group home with pregnant teens and teen moms. I feel good about it because it makes me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile and giving back. I was a teen Mom, and luckily had a supportive family. These girls have NOBODY! So I don't feel as bad for myself and my situation. Gives you a fresh perspective on things you know?

Things with my boyfriend seem to be getting better. I'm a little more optimistic and he is really opening up. I think we might be able to work through our issues! Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer for me please! :) He's also eligble for Camp in a few more weeks, so we are really happy about that too!

All my love and best wishes to the PTO community...EVERYONE here is wonderful. I don't know what I would have done without this site!! :D

Anthony'sWife
09-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Hey ladies, I am so happy to hear that everyone is doing well! :D

Shout out to Mrs G and Ladycee,:grouphug: Thank u for the congrats on my anniversary! It means so much to me My so called friends didnt even wish me a happy anniversary I guess its because they dont really think that me and my husband have a real marriage! But whatever, I know I have the real thing! U know, anyway I wont even dwell on that negativity. ;)

Congrats Mrs G on the new job,:yay: I know you are very excited! And thank God we have our weekends back! LOL! Thank you so much for the poem, That has been my attitude for a long time now, I will never give up, no matter what!

Cottontail,:wave: Girl I hope that everything with you and your boyfriend works out, the strain of them being away can definitley seem like its reeking havoc on our relationships,:ham: but hold your head up high and strong and Everything will turn out ok!:D Me and my husband go through our ups and downs but we work them out as a team. We know that our relationship is worth the fight to keep us together! Hope he gets to the camp, I will keep you in my prayers!

Hey Jessica, you are so welcome sweetie. Keep us posted ok! :thumbsup:

Hey Nuro's Wife I know things seem to be a little hazy right now but that haze is just negativity u know, dont lose focus on what's really important! I know that everyhting will be ok!:thumbsup:

Remember the best way to get through this is to get through it together, Thank God for this site!!!!! :bow: :clap:

Manzanita
09-10-2004, 05:12 PM
;) Have a good weekend everyone! :)

Anthony'sWife
09-10-2004, 07:27 PM
Yes have a very good weekend everyone and for all those who are visiting there loved ones please have a safe trip and have wonderful visit!

LADYCEE
09-11-2004, 12:35 AM
Theres a couple of sayings I would like to share with you all. (Let noone steal your joy :eek: ) and (Let your haters :mad: be your motivater.) And with that said all have a good and safe weekend and enjoy your visits if your visiting this weekend...........................PEACE........... .;)

Anthony'sWife
09-11-2004, 04:38 PM
:wave: Hey LadyCee, I like your motto's, I couldn't have said it better myself!

Take Care and I'll keep you guys posted on my first day at my new job!:fb:

Peace.

Manzanita
09-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Ladycee, I like those too!! very good ones!!! You know people love to hate!!

How was everyone's weekend?

I see alot of ladies in here tonight!

Charliesgirl
09-12-2004, 08:38 PM
I live about 30 miles South of Rochester, in a tiny hick town. But it's home and I love it

Manzanita
09-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Hey ladies! thanks for checking in and giving the shouts!!!!

New York Ladies Are the Best in MY OPINION! LOL

Ronnie
09-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Hi Ladies. I just wanted to say that life can be bitter and sweet all at the same time and I am experiencing it BIG TIME!!! I will be traveling back to NY this week and I will get to see my husband; but the course of events that are bringing me back home are very tragic. One of my cousins was brutally murdered by her estranged husband. Oh how I wish my husband was here to help me through this. I am even mad at him right now because he isn't here with me. I guess I am just feeling all sorts of feelings all at the same time. I haven't even cried yet; but I can feel the weight and pressure building inside of my chest.

I feel so numb...like this is a dream...like its not real...and I keep asking God why?!?!?! Please keep me and my family in your prayers.

Manzanita
09-13-2004, 10:22 PM
((((NUROSWIFE))))))

I am so sorry you have to go through this...this is very tragic, yet know that she is at peace and that you will be able to see your hubby and hug him and thank God for your love together...he would be with you now if he could!
Again, I am so so sorry!!!
Be well!

Ronnie
09-14-2004, 05:57 AM
Thank you so much MrsG for such kind words. Our hearts and mind get so twisted up when we are experiencing so many different emotions all at the same time. I know that if Nuro could be here he would. I am looking forward to see him and allow him to comfort me as only he can.

I am leaning on the knowledge that God knows what is best.

rywill
09-14-2004, 08:50 AM
Nuro you are in my prayers. I will lift you and your family up in prayer as you travel to New York. It is understandable all the feeling that are flooding you, to include anger.
So heavenly Father, bless this family in their time of sorrow. I know that you are able to comfort and sustain them. I pray for travelig mercies, as Nuro makes her way to and fro. I pray that her husband be given the words to say that assure her that even in his absence he is with her. I know that you are able to do above what we think and ask, and your mericies are forever. Now bless this family as they look to heal. In Jesus name-Amen!

Manzanita
09-14-2004, 10:06 AM
amen! ;)

Ronnie
09-14-2004, 11:24 AM
God Bless You Rywill! Thank you so much for your prayers.

chinikfb
09-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Peace....I, too, will keep you, Nuro's wife and family in prayer(and the world as I always do). Stay strong!!!! Blessings....

Sam's girl
09-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Hugs to you Nuro's wife. You and you're family will be in my prayers.

Anthony'sWife
09-14-2004, 08:09 PM
Amen.

((((((((((((((((((((((much hugs)))))))))))))))) to u and you and your family. I am so sorry that this had to happen, I know how much u miss your huband and wanted to see him, although I know u wish that it wasnt under circumstances such as this, I know that Nuro will definitely comfort u in your time of need, My deepest condolences go out to you and your family, I know time like this we question God, but God called upon his angel to be with him, I know how hard it is to deal with such a tragic loss. I hope and pray that u remain strong and I pray for the Lord to give u and your family strength as I know it is much needed right now.

Take care
Anthony'swife
:grouphug:

Ronnie
09-15-2004, 01:57 AM
Thank you to all of my "New York" family for all of your kinds words and prayers. They are appreciated more than you'll ever know. God Bless you all.

starzzmom
09-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Hello all my NY friends
I haven't been on for a while because I've been taking mom to Doctors and for tests. Unfortunetly she needs to have open heart surgery which will be on Monday. Please keep her in your prayers that she will make it thru the surgery and have a good recovery. It's so hard to deal with this alone. I have no brothers or sisters to turn to. And without hubby around it's real hard. I could really use him for the emotional support as well as to help me with the everyday stuff that still needs to get done, our daughter, cleaning, cooking and shopping. I work full time and now there is REALLY not enough hours in a day to do everything I should.

Nuro's, my deepest sympathy to you and your family. You will be in my prayers. I know it's hard to deal with, but be strong, you'll get thru it! ((((HUGS))))

Mrs G, Congrats on the new job!!! Good things come to those who wait!!

Hey j2sq!

Happy belated anniversery Anthony'swife!

Have a good weekend everyone! And be careful if you're traveling tomorrow to visit the weather is gonna be real bad! Wait till Sunday if you can, that's what I'm gonna do! (still gotta make time for my hubby!)

Manzanita
09-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Starzzmom,

I wish your mom a speedy recovery...believe it or not, alot of those sugeries are routine and I am sure she will do just fine...My father recently has triple bipass surgery and he recovered just fine, and I used to work in a Cardiology Unit and most people go home quickly afterwards, unless they other issues or were very old. Don't worry too much!!

I started my new job and it is ROUGH!! I am on my feet all day and I am not used to it, so it needs some adjusting...whew! It is all new too me, so it is a challenge and scarey!!

I wish you well...(((HUGS)))

Manzanita
09-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Just wondering how everyone is doing? :) it has been quiet around here! :cool:

Holla! :D check in! :p

starzzmom
09-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Ok update on my soap opera life...
Mom made it thru double bypass surgery and is doing exceptionally well!!!! I am sooooo happy. She had triple bypass 3 1/2 years ago, and her recovery was a little rough, but this time she is doing really well really fast! It's only been 2 days since surgery and she is already out of ICU, out of the stepdown unit and in a regular room. No more wires, machines or IVs and she's eating And walked today. She might actually be home by this weekend, without having to go to a rehab! YEAH!!!!!!!!

alone46
09-22-2004, 09:05 PM
I just want to take the time out to say thank you so much all of you for being so supportive, I also found this website, through a tear stained face, and have been counting on it for every question that I have. Life right now is like living underwater. It's good to know that you aren't alone.
My prayers go out to all of you who are experiencing such difficult times, I am sorry.

Manzanita
09-22-2004, 09:47 PM
that is so sweet! DO hang in there! You will find a lot of comfort and love here!
(((((((((HUGS))))))))))

bubslildevil
09-23-2004, 06:04 AM
Hey ladies what's up?Things were going good for me and my kids, until 2 days ago when i got the mail.Seems my mother-nlaw is taking me to court for CUSTODY of my kids!I am so pissed right now i could go off. Seems her reasons are that i had a "affair'.His family is always tring to find reasons to mess with me seince i have came back to ny.The story is Bub & myself were into Drugs awile back, i have been off and clean for 1 yr & 2 months.My kids ans myself are living life and doing fine.She was'nt there to raise her own kids and now she wants mine.I dont friggen think so. I'm rerally not to worried about it because she dont have any grounds really,but it pisses me off that she nis doing this crap!! GOd Bless ya'll

Italian Donnn
09-24-2004, 01:16 PM
I was born in East Harlem...raised on the upper west side (100th & Amsterdam). I spent all of my time above 110th between morningside and first ave., during my gangsterism days. But, I know every square inch of Manhattan. When I finally got work Release I was sent to Edgecombe and 163rd and I was walking down Broadway after almost 5 years in...I was wearing my prison greens. Being I am 6ft 5 and 270lbs...plus I'm white. I stand out like a sore thumb (sometimes.) But, I go anywhere I need to go in the city. When I was 15 years old, I was getting my stuff on 123rd and Adam Clayton and every spot in between, from 110th all the way to Washington heights.

I have been living in White Plains, NY for the last year with my wife. But, I am down in Manhattan all the time. I go to my methadone program once a week and it only takes 12 minutes from White Plains to Harlem 125th on the metro north train (plus, my mother still lives on 100th). I never knew I could escape the ghetto and be in the suburbs by taking a 12 to 15 minute train ride.

Anyhow, Harlem is not Harlem anymore...It is not like it was in the 1970's and 80's. Back then, it was crazy. Now, it is very clean and peaceful...in a way, I liked it when it was wild. Now, I don't get that surge when I walk down 125th. It is a whole different ball game. I guess it is better for this generations youth. But, if anyone remembers Harlem 15-20 years ago, knows what I'm talking about. I spent ALOT of time in Spanish Harlem due to my Heroin problem. I was able to blend right in. The cops thought I was spanish. Because I have black hair and I always wore a big mustache. My icy blue eyes sometimes made them look twice though. If the cops ever said anything...I would simply say, I am on my way to 116th and Pleasant Ave. (The white section of E.Harlem)
After a while I became a fixture on 110th and Lexington ave...Lenox ave. as well :)

But, those days are over (thank god). I have been clean for 10 years and in a way I don't regret anything I did in my past. Because, everything I did made me the man I am today. If I just stayed home and stayed in school. I would not have experienced the things I experienced growing up.

Let me stop rambling:p

yea harlem used to be terrible and it shapped up alot.... I USED TO RUN WITH THE BALLBUSTERS BACK IN THE DAY AROUND 137 STREET AND BROADWAY... AND IM AN ITALIAN KID WHO'S PARENTS ARE FROM PLEASANT AVENUE

DAVE NYC
09-24-2004, 03:20 PM
yea harlem used to be terrible and it shapped up alot.... I USED TO RUN WITH THE BALLBUSTERS BACK IN THE DAY AROUND 137 STREET AND BROADWAY... AND IM AN ITALIAN KID WHO'S PARENTS ARE FROM PLEASANT AVENUE
I know Pleasent Ave on 116th. I used to go to Franklin and I used to swim in jefferson park. I fit in, in that area (pleasent ave) Because I'm white. But, I played it off like I was spanish when I was buying dope in East Harlem. That way the cops did not mess with me:)

Manzanita
09-25-2004, 08:29 PM
hey, hope things have gotten better...You have so much going on,I hope it is working itself out...
---

how is everyone????

anthonys wife, nasty boo, and all of the other's Nuros wife, ladycee and everyone else too...what's up?

Gosh I am feeling homesick for my husband, REAL BAD!!! jeez, let these next 26 days pass fast!

My new job is great, nice people, but ROUGH work! whew....I hope I make it this week coming, I know tomorrow I am sleeping so late!!!

chinikfb
09-25-2004, 09:11 PM
Peace...Like this tread! With October zooming in, it is my prayer and hope that it is a better month for all! Looking forward to a visit with my Beloved. Have not been in his physical presence since March. long time. Already excitement has sat in...its all good. Fell good about my weight loss, five(5) lbs less with the hope of 20-30 more in the immediate future. Walking works for me. My gems(children) are well. I am sick of my job and will look for something else. Long story short, my place of employment has created some work rules that are punitive at best. My theory, its another attempt to wean out the union and place people in lower paying possitions. That what america does...profits before people. I am blessed as I can move on to something in my field and will give grave consideration to some advocacy work, work with women or with young people. We shall see. Still enjoying reading and my book club. Attended a wedding this day...beautiful. Always refreshing to know that folk still believe in the institution of marriage. Pray that I will be blessed(?) again. Really like this thread...we need to keep it going. NYC do not forget the Wed note chats and the G2G planned for October. For all who have a loved one behind bars, GET INVOLVED IN AN ORGANIZATION WORKING FOR CHANGE. Blessings to all.....

Manzanita
09-25-2004, 09:16 PM
yes, this thread is great!!! and thanks for sharing all of that...sounds great! no visit since MARCH? wow, how do you do that?

Manzanita
09-25-2004, 09:17 PM
starrzzmom, happy to hear about your mom, my dad also had triple bypass surgery and he did well, that is great to hear about!

chinikfb
09-26-2004, 09:27 AM
Peace...Starrmom, you continue to hang in there and to pray...I will do likewise. MrsG...my friend was up for parole and made the request not to see anyone before this happened. That why the visit in March. He wanted to stay focused and I believe it spoke to something that I can superfically put my finger on...just wanting to deal with rejection(parole) in his way. He is like that. Then it was the rejection which again took a tremendous toll....seven(7) times. After that it was a transfer to Sing Sing for its Theology program. I, too, have to plan visits. Some Saturday I work, I have two(2) teens. My plan is to visit more...like you and everyone else, those visits are precious. still like this thread. Can not wait to post in ....the last visit...Blessings to all

Manzanita
09-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Good Luck Chini!

LADYCEE
09-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Everything here on this end is good thanks Mrs.G

Whats up ladys (anthonys wife, nasty boo, Nuros wife, Chinikfb) and all others on the check in.

starrmom glad to hear your mother is doing gd. looking for a new job myself

just a few more weeks b4 my trailer and boy i can't wait. miss him

Chini gurl u gd i would have lost my mind by now

Manzanita
09-26-2004, 08:01 PM
I've got my trailor in 25 days!! Yipee, I am dying!!

trescheek
09-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Things are a little rough right now for me ... I am missing my husband immensely. I'm just ready for him to be released; that's not due to happen until the next summer Olympics rolls around (unless he makes it at the parole board next year which is unlikely) and thinking about the time stretching out in front of me has me wondering, can we make it until then? I'm not going anywhere, I love him to life and I cannot imagine me without him - I know this is a phase I need to deal with but it's just so hard right now; I'm just tired of dealing with the system and our relationship being defined by it ... it's really getting to me and I'm ready for this phase I'm going thru to be over already. I'm hungry for his presence, for his companionship, for his essence. I think it would help for me to make a visit, which I can't do until mid to late October (if then). I spoke to him a week ago and we've had to cool it on the phone b/c it was getting out of control (when I'm like this I need to hear his voice everyday and the thought of what MCI is charging doesn't enter my mind until I get the bill). And to top it off, I had a conversation w/my mother last night and I guess she was feeling my sad/missing him vibe thru the phone and so I mentioned a little bit of what I'm feeling and why did I do that? I only feed her bits and pieces b/c I already know that she is not a fan of our relationship so b/c I kind of opened the door in a moment of weakness, she let me know that she's never felt this relationship from the beginning (which I already knew), and why would someone as intelligent as me choose to put herself in this type of heartache and self-made prison? Her advice was to catch up with him after he's released but to go on with life. Spoken like a person who has no clue ... I don't think she will ever understand or accept what I have with my husband as the real thing. I believe she thinks it is a passing fancy for me; meanwhile I've been with him for 7 years this month. While I know other ppl's opinions of the situation don't matter necessarily, it still helps to have the support of your loved ones especially when things get rough like this ... I am truly thankful for PTO where I can vent a little bit and know that there are ppl who understand the struggle.

chinikfb
09-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Peace....I am feeling you with this post. Sorry that your mother is not as supportive in your relationship w/hubby as you would like. Guess it speaks to knowing who can render that support and listens objectively. As much as we would like for family and some friends to understand, that is not always the case. I have learned to pick and choose the peices of my support system. Be strong! Blessings...

Manzanita
09-27-2004, 06:47 PM
trescheeck....Gosh I know exactly how you feel! And Chini is right...
What you are feeling is normal, because I know I have felt just like this many times, you are NOT ALONE, and I have the same relationship with my mother, yet she has come around...after a few years, she started to see he was here to stay and that he was a good man, and if she wanted to continue having a good, open relationship with me, she had to accept it, I just would not accept her commentary anymore, and she actually now REALLY likes him and writes to him, sends him books, and is very positive about us making it...

Maybe you should have a talk with your mom and tell her you really would like it, if she would try to be open minded about your relationship with him, (are you married?) You can ask her, if she will not accept it, she can keep her comments to herself if she had nothing positive to say. You have been with him 7 years, longer than I have been with my husband, (are you close with your mom?) You have to tell her that she must accept it, and if she won't then she has to KEEP quiet about you two, and you can tell her this in a very respectful way. This is your life and you make the decisions. You have to be confident and sure of this and she will see it. When I was insecure, and vulnerable I would also be afraid to open up to her but then I would have moments of weakness and tell her things and she would always have comments…. I know it is not easy, it was not for me, and I know some parents will never accept it or approve but then we can find others to vent to about how we feel, do what we have to do to make it.

If you have to, then do not tell her or talk to her about him at all, and find someone you can talk to about him, I had to find people who understood, because I was lonely and got tired of hiding and feeling like crap and when I needed to cry or talk, no one understood, Since then I have made friends I can talk to about him who are in the same situation, because no one at work knows, by my own choice not to tell, and most others do not know. It took me time to even tell my mother about him.

Like chini said, most people don’t get it, and that is the way it is, the reality is, we are often alone in all of this, we are in a way, locked up like they are, and we sometimes have to hide and lie and it is a lonely life and I get fed up with the system and the bullcrap and not having what other couples do out here…I hear you!

Hopefully you can get to see him soon, feel better! ;)

Manzanita
09-27-2004, 06:50 PM
hey, I know you were just venting and not asking for advice so maybe I am blabbering away here, I hope you feel better...:)

Manzanita
09-27-2004, 07:04 PM
Well, in a rant of my own, I am not liking my new job I guess I am being a brat and I should suck it up, and I will, but this is just not me. I know I need the money but I think I want to look for another job, do you think that is bad to leave them like that? Or should I just stick it out and maybe this is just nerves from being new?
I just started! :rolleyes:

trescheek
09-28-2004, 09:03 AM
Thanks Chinikfb and Mrs. G for your points of view ... it helps to hear from those who truly understand. I do have a few friends and family members who I can share with but it's not the same b/c although they try to get it and be there for me I think they still think I'm out there for going this route. Like you Mrs. G, nobody at my current job knows - I just don't feel like dealing with that drama in the workplace. As for my mom, we are close but we've always had big differences of opinions on many topics, so her standpoint on this is not really surprising. I can accept the fact that while my husband is locked up she will never be able to see past that to the wonderful man he is. I am feeling better about things ... it's a new day, new grace, new mercy ...

As for the job situation Mrs. G, it could be that you just need time to adjust to the new environment ... maybe give it a little longer to see if you feel any better about it?

Anthony'sWife
09-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Hey ladies I wanted to do just a brief check in, I know i havent been on in a lil while but I have been sick and dealing with training on my new job and let me tell you its so hard I get home EXHAUSTED. I have no energy all I want to do is sleep, anyway I havent even told any one at my new job about my husband I just dont know what to say, I mean its a corprate enviornment but I see that news travels fast and I just dont want to deal with that type of drama myself but at the same time I dont want things to spiral like they did on my last job. They assumed my life was one way and I let them run with it but I dont want to live my life like that I dont want to feel like I am ashamed of my husband because I am not I just dont want all the negative feed back. So I guess I will stay quiet for now!

Manzanita
09-28-2004, 05:24 PM
Hey, I don't think anyone at work needs to know really, why should they? the less they know the better, for me at least there is this one woman asks way TOO many questions, I dont like that, I prefer people to let me tell them my story if I choose too, or visa versa. They tell me what they want to..

I am a bit upset, forgot to facter in the medical insurance premium, 115 a month...UGH!!

Manzanita
09-28-2004, 06:41 PM
Hey Everyone! What up NY???

Ronnie
09-29-2004, 06:08 AM
Sharing our experience is our perogative...if we choose to do so. I wouldn't stress about that. All went well for our family in Buffalo. I created the Memorial Board for my cousin's funeral. It turned our beautifully. I got to see my hubby too which was an upside to a sad trip. He looked so good ladies! Can't wait for our next trailer!!!

bubslildevil
09-29-2004, 07:16 AM
Well i am feeling alot better these days.Went and seen Bub, talked, cried and hugged! We decided Kayla isnt gonna have the surgery on her back, we dont wanna chance anything with her, so if its that bad where she needs something done we'll get a body cast or something but no operation.Any ways all else is going good, Got a job interveiew next Monday, that will help me alot getting my mind off things. Seems Gowanda has a football team for the DWI guys, Bub is on the team, so that helps him with keeping his mind off things. Their first game was sunday they loss, Bub says " what do they execpt from a bunch of drunks!" lmao.. He is doing good though kids were happy to see daddy.Bub says to say thanks to all u here for the support that u give... hugs GREAT BIG HUGS! TAke care everyone and thanks for everything..:)

Sam's girl
09-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Glad to hear things are going well. Good luck with the job interview.
Sam's girl

NYYankee
09-29-2004, 10:22 AM
I'm glad Bub still has a sense of humor:)
Good luck on the interview( I just hate those things)

Lildaisychickk
09-29-2004, 03:43 PM
hi there! I left a post a couple days ago on the husband/boyfriend thread i beleve tellin you about a woman i met on here that also goes upstate and she lives only 40 min from me,,she was gonna take me up this weekend but she had to cancle :( i just went this past weekend and im going the 8th so its ok but i already told chris hes gonna be sad as am i but just wanted to update you on what was going on but since im going the 8th now i will be joining the NY g2g for a bit! see u there!

Manzanita
09-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Nuros wife? So your trailer was nice?? GREAT!! Happy to hear that you could spend time with him even if you had to go to a funeral of a family member, those trailers seemt to REVIVE ME!

Lildaisychick? So are you liking the visit to NY? Did you end up walking from 34th to 59th?

bubslildevil
09-30-2004, 07:17 PM
Just stoped in to say hey!! Going to see Bub sunday, can't wait to see him again! Everything seems to be going okay these last few days. We'll see in a few how court goes with his mom & sister. take care everyone & GOD Bless ya'll

starzzmom
09-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Hello all! Everything is looking a bit brighter around here on one hand and a bit stormy on the other. Mom's in a rehab facility, doing her physical therapy and looking and feeling good after her surgery Thank God! and Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers). She should be home in a couple of weeks.
I'm going to see hubby this weekend. I WAS excited, I haven't seen him in 2 weeks, and haven't spoken to him in over a week and I was really missing him , and our last visit was sooo yucky. But I got a letter from him today and he p'd me off, so this visit might me a yucky one too (sometimes he has so much nerve!!!!!) That's just part of life with him, I gotta take it or leave it, and for now I'm taking it - but he better watch himself, I left once before, I'll do it again.

Manzanita
10-03-2004, 10:53 AM
this is great news about your mom!!!

How is everyone??

alone46
10-04-2004, 07:32 PM
I had a wonderful weekend, I got to see my boyfriend for the first time in three weeks, I got to see him Thurs, sat, and sun. It was great. It felt like we finally got caught up, ten minute phone calls do us no justice. We got to cry, hug, kiss, laugh. I am feeling so much better. Didn't hear from him today, he can usually call during the day, so hopefully he is finally out of reception and we can get this sh*t over with. Thanks so much for all who helped in my questions, I only had about a million. :thumbsup:

Sam's girl
10-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Things are going pretty good here. I got to see him two weeks ago and I'm going again this coming Sunday, we don't have phone calls, but those letters and visits get us through. We will find out next month if he is coming home in December. :)

Manzanita
10-04-2004, 09:14 PM
That sounds great sams girl!!! How cool! Good Luck!!

alone...I would love to visit three days in a row! sounds nice!

this board has been quiet, hope all is well!

mjc902000
10-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone. I think I am finally getting somewhere. My kids (3) are all in school, hopefully my ex will be out of my life soon and I am praying things work out with my husband. He just got into the system so not real sure where he is heading now but hopefully close and hopefully with a FRP. He is going to start his classes. I thnk God I found this site too. It has helped me a lot. I don't get on much. I am a paralegal in syracuse, but not making much money and I to am looking for a new job. I don't know many of you but I pray every night for all of you. People don't understand what it is like to have a loved one in jail and to stnd by them until it happens to them. I have friends that are behind me and some that aren't. My family can't know that I am behind my husband. All I know is before all this happened my husband and I were having problems and I was ready to call it quits. I prayed about it and fell back in love with him only to have him pulled away. I belive God wants me to stay with him and support him because me and the kids are all he has.

alone46
10-05-2004, 03:53 PM
I know what you mean about having people who understand. Honestly other than people on this site, I dont' think they do understand. I have one friend who told me I she would have left him so fast. I could never. Even if I can only see him every once in a while. We'll get by. I never realized it either until I had to go through it myself. I guess that is why I am glad to have this site. Who else would take the time to answer all my questions. :D

Ronnie
10-06-2004, 09:10 AM
Hello Ladies. Life has been busy as always. My two teenage daughters are doing typical teenage stuff that drives me a little crazy (like borrowing my clothes without asking), work is work and school is stressing me out (as usual). BUT I am happy to say that the most peace and solitude is that which I find with my husband. I just hear his voice and I melt. Our next trailer is next month and I cannot wait!

Anthony'sWife
10-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Hey ladies I am so happy to see that all of you have taken the time to let us know how things are going in your lives, I know thst we all share a common bond but we do all have different lives to lead and sometimes we ladies and gents need a place or some one to whom we can turn to and just let it all hang out so to speak, you know!!!

I have started a new job I just completed training class it was almost 4 weeks long and I still havent told anyone about my husband and its not like I am ashamed or anything its just that I really don't know how they are gonna take it and I dont wnat all the looks and rude comments, I mean it is a corporate atmosphere so I guess I shouldnt say anything, you know.

Lately I have been feeling extra lonely nad I swear I just feel like I am going to break down at the drop of a hat. I just dont know what to do I just really miss my husband and as usual Green Haven is taking forever with the trailor date, and I am so stressed out about that because I just got this new job and I can't take any days off I am trying to get it for thanks giving but I just dont know what to do! Anyway ladies thanks for letting me vent. I hope that everyone has a blessed one!

Peace

LADYCEE
10-07-2004, 11:44 AM
I have started a new job I just completed training class it was almost 4 weeks long and I still havent told anyone about my husband and its not like I am ashamed or anything its just that I really don't know how they are gonna take it and I dont wnat all the looks and rude comments, I mean it is a corporate atmosphere so I guess I shouldnt say anything, you know. First let me say congrad and good with the new job, and don't feel cause you don't tell them about your husband that you are ashamed of him, just remember ppl talk even when they don't know anything about you cause thats just in the nature. So its just my advice and if I were in your shoes I would speak of my family (hubby) in general conversation as if he was standing rite there that was not one of the condition to get the job. Everything should be on a need to know bases and they don't need to know. 2. I also get trailer visit in Gh and thought that everyone waited the same lenght of time for a date, WRONG I hear some of the gurls get their date every 8 weeks like its suppose to be. OH WELL guess we are not part of the in crowd and truth be told I don't want to be cause when they stop doing what ever they did to get there its going to hurt like h#@@ when they have to wait as we do, but let me suggest to you try calling the facility and explain to Mary (the lady that sch. the dates) and tell her you would like to reserve that time if possible. can't hurt to try........GD Luck :thumbsup:

Manzanita
10-07-2004, 08:05 PM
mj, alone, anthonys wife, ronnie, and ladycee...hey everyone!! ;)

it is nice to hear how things are going...with all of you...with the kids, school, new jobs...husbands, good days, bad days....we all know how hard it is and how lonely this life can get...yet honestly...

This place is an everyday need and comfort for me,and it keeps me going... because like you said, most just do not understand...I feel comforted and NOT invisible when I am here...and like Ladycee says...they do not need to know anyways, it should be on a need to know basis. This is our life and we should be happy too and enjoy what we have. Right? :grouphug:

Have a good weekend everyone, stay strong and enjoy life! :) No one here is ALONE!!

chinikfb
10-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Peace...My oldest will be 18 years old in a week. She was a 3 pounder at birth yet all of the reading I did nothing prepared me for that experience. God is good and my daughter needs a job. She graduated this year and the plan is to allow her to work, take a class and to chill before embarking as a full time college student. My other teen, a male, is growing and developing rather nicely. I have always said that my two may not be the smartest children (I wish they would speak correct english and read more) yet they are healthy and really good kids. It was a week ago, this day, that I sat across from my Beloved. We have communicated since then. School work is crazy intense yet he hangs tough. I worked yesteday; I do that when I can to make a few extra dollars...right now have to pay that car note that comes every month. Looking forward to a planned trip to the Poconos with family members NYC. We will cut up, drink, talk crap, laugh, play the oldies, eat, shop and BOND as families should do. Plan another visit in December...his outlook. I can deal. Book club met Friday past and as we typically do, the food, discussion and cut up time was good. The book we read is Reaching Back, by Nea Anna Simone. It is a book about what color-complexion-represented to generations of one Black family. Interesting theme yet the writer, most of us thought, needs to to develop the skill of writing a book. Next month each member will present a book, of her choosing, wo talk about. This will be a first for our club. The members laughed when I shared, the title of my book, Ready For Revolution, the story about Kwame Ture(Stokley Carmicheal). The members know me. Plan to get back on a diet track...want to loose at least 10 lbs before the end of the year. Well, its Sunday, think I'll feed my gems(children) a meal. Have to do some food shopping. Will write this PM as I usually do on Sundays and chill the rest of the day. Correction, need to change over seasonal clothes...a chore. Hope everyone is Staying Up. Blessings....

MrsBrixx
10-17-2004, 10:46 AM
Hello everyone. I haven't posted a lot on here because I haven't had a computer to use..but I'm here now. Everyone seems like they are doing pretty good. But, I'm a mess!! I'm working full time and going to 3 night classes. I'm really glad that I'm doing that, but things with my husband aren't going so good. I saw him yesterday and it was horrible. He called me every name in the book and says that all I do is bitch about things and that he can't take that on top of everything he's going through and that he just doesn't want to deal with it all together. He was even talking about a divorce!! I have stood by him for almost 3 years now, dealing with how horrible his family treats me and him too at times, and I can't bitch? I just moved in with my mom to get back on my feet because financially I'm a mess, my car's transmission is bad, and I had to give up my two cats who were the only "kids" I'll probably ever get to have. I'm angry and so hurt. And I just don't know what to do. Any advice?

MsAkbar
10-17-2004, 10:50 AM
Things are good between me and my darlin. Looking for a job in NC that will pay enough to support the both of us and our son. The jobs out there really don't pay much, so the search continues. (nasty boo) I gratuated from John jay with a forensic pysh major. You will Love it! I did!

MsAkbar
10-17-2004, 10:55 AM
MrsBrinxx, sometimes things will be hard. Some days I feel wonder can I do this thing, and sometimes the answer is yeah, sometimes it is NO! I deserve better. But then he will call or write and apologize (he's good at that) and things will be good again. I totally understand working, going to school and being supportive (add a child in and it's even more crazy). Just try and stay strong, and tell him you don't need the drama. I told my hubby listen this is my last semester in school. No DRAMA please. I need you to be my rock for the next 10 weeks please. After that then we can fight. He totally understood. It is hard sometimes because they are in prison, and we have our own struggles out here..........................Just try not to give up, even when it seems the only viable option, not without discussing it with your husband first, not in anger, but with clear heads.

good luck.

Manzanita
10-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Mrs Brixx, I agree with the advice given by MSakbar...totally!

MsAkbar, cool major! Yes, finding a job is a BITCH, but keep on trucking!

Chini! I am so glad to hear everything you are doing. SOunds great! ;)

Manzanita
10-17-2004, 06:47 PM
hey ladies, it seems I have a virus or Trojan infecting my system and I have been unable to get online for two days without it slowing down, or shutting down completly! All day today and all day yesterday it was almost impossible to type, I have had a few times where it let me post, like now, so I wanted to let you all know...If I dont get back to you this is why. also, I will out of town wed-sat...

take care all!

Manzanita
10-17-2004, 06:58 PM
this is my long story of computer issues...LOL
I thought it was a memory issue, then an old system isssue, but it really is a virus issue/spyware issue...

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=797782#post797782

bubslildevil
10-22-2004, 06:33 AM
Im just checking in, Things r going real well here for me & the kids. I found a job:D also Bub is locked up with a guy he went to school with the wife lives very close to me, we have contacted each other and have made plans to go see our guys every wk:D . That really makes things easier for me.The job is cool so far,Hope it stays this way lol. I actually dont care as long as i have one, no but i really love it. My youngest boy's teacher came for a confeence and seems poor kid had a emontional out burst in class, saying he wants his daddy the school had not known that Bub is locked up, they do now and Tony now seems better with it in school. My daughter went for her Xrays on her back she is not in need of anything done yet, so we can wait till Bub is home to have anything done which is good for me. Anyway ya'll take care and God Bless u all....Great Big Group HUG!!:)

chinikfb
10-22-2004, 07:50 AM
Peace....Good news...hope everything continues to go well. stay Up. Blessings...

Cottontail
10-22-2004, 07:57 AM
Wonderful News!!

I glad things are going well for you and the family. Great that you found a travel buddy too!!

I wish you guys continued blessings....stay strong! :D

Manzanita
10-23-2004, 08:00 PM
hey, hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. (((HUGS)))

chinikfb
10-24-2004, 09:48 AM
Peace....Hope all is well with the NY crew! The month of Oct is practically over...can you believe that? Have not read anything by Dutchess...hope you are well. Finally switched clothes..summer to winter/fall. Took some time yet got it done with the help of my children. Place is walkable. Really looking forward to this trip to the Poconos. My oldest is oh so happy about turning 18. Took my two out for Pizza, last nite, as a treat for all of their help with making our place livable, again....actually pizza was my idea..love pizza. Was so proud to hear my two articulate their views as they debated around the question of abortion, gay rights and rap music. Was particularly struck with how they do not buy into mainstream views yet obviously questioned socalled authority. We have to teach the young to question, to listen and not to be stucked on whatever. I digress. Everyone is well at this end. Shout-outs to the NY crew. If anyone knows how I can leave a premanent statement with each of my post...let a sistah know...as I tell my children....only have two degrees and neither is in computer whatever. To all....continue to love and be loved...it works two ways. Have not heard from my friend in a week...sure I will hear from him, if he is well. For those of us who have not heard...I like what Iyanla Vazant said some years ago...A delay is not a denial...have faith! Stay Up. Blessings...

Manzanita
10-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Hey girl!

how r ya?

do you mean a siggy, or signature at the bottom, like my red Mrs G.???
go to the top, and then quick links, and then edit signature and that should add something to your signature, then you can add a picture too, so go to the SIGGY FORUM to get one made.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=205

Anthony'sWife
10-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Hey everyone I havent been on in a while just have been so tired and in a terrible funk lately. I guess the winter blues has set in early for me this year. I just feel so alone and I remembered how this site makes me feel like everything is gonna be okay, so here i am typing and reading away,... I.m going to see mu husband on sunday, I miss him so much, right now I dont know how things are going with us, he has been asking me for a long time now about things in my past, I know everyone or most of us have stories that we would just take to the grave with us so to speak, and ladis I wont lie I had plenty of them, I did somestupid things. I did them because I felt like my husband didnt care about us I felt like I wasnt being appreciated u know so I did the stupidest thing ever I turned to someone else and I didnt tell him but some how he knew I did this after I went up to see my husband and there was another chick there, We were in the process of getting things together so we could get married, she got in b4 I did he came down and told her to leave he went back in and refused to see both of us he said he came down b/c he though it was me he knew I was coming it was valetines day weekend so u can just imagine how crushed I was, i didnt even wait for the van to comeback for me I took a cab to the bus station and bought a one way ticket bact to nyc, I cried the whole way home, and after that I didnt trust him I was just a mess and I started giving out my number, then we got passed that but I was still doing me on and off, we got married and he did the stupidest thing ever and got sent up to upstate corr fac and was in the box for like 6 months just when we was about to get our trailors. I was so mad and disgusted and I just felt like he just didnt care about us, u know, any way he knew what I was doing the whole time and he says he forgave me a long time ago but I just dont know I mean I havent even forgiven myself. I just dont knonw what to do,I have just been crying like crazy all week, because I never wanted to hurt him, I wanted to get back at him though I guess I had to learn the hard way thst 2 wrongs dont make a right. Anyway ladies thats what I'e been trying to deal with lately.

Manzanita
10-29-2004, 08:27 PM
hey,

I have been in that funk too....so, let me understand this? he is bringing up things from your past? We all make mistakes and he forgave you, why is he bringing it up again? It sounds like you both did something to hurt the other and two wrongs do not make a right...you should talk about this, heal from it and let it go, no use beating yourself up over the past, it is gone. You have today to live now, if it was meant to be you can work this out together. You have to forgive yourself of these things...let the past go or it will continue to poison you and him...Don't cry girl, (((((HUGS)))) keep in touch with us.

Ronnie
10-30-2004, 11:49 AM
I have to agree with MrsG--forgiving yourself is the true beginning of healing. We all make mistakes and learning from them is the best thing we can do to prevent them from recurring in the future.

Manzanita
10-30-2004, 02:38 PM
:D happy halloween everyone! :D

Anthony'sWife
10-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Hey ladies I know u are right but it so hard to do. You see the things thst he is bringing up are things I thought he would never find out about U know things that I had decided to never tell him because I felt like It would hurt him too much and I was also scared of the reaction he would give me. But he did know and he told me he knew a long time ago he was just waiting for me to tell him. He said he forgave me when he found out and he has been so understanding but I just feel so bad u know the last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt him.I just fee real bad but I know I have to get over it and let go of the past u know!!!!!

Manzanita
10-30-2004, 08:18 PM
I am sorry ...I know how you feel...I hope you both can work it out.

rywill
11-01-2004, 02:01 PM
I just stopped in and decided to see how everyone is doing? I feel like I have been missing so much. When I first signed onto PTO, I couldn't get enough, now I feel like I can't find the spot where I fit. I see people having wonderful things happen, such as preparing for visits, phone calls, and some coming home. And then I see those that are struggling with challenges in their relationship. I don't really have either on the horizon. I know that I am blessed for not having the struggles of the relationship. It is just going along.

I guess I feel bored. I have read a lot of threads, and posted some as well. Have you ever just felt like you were stuck? Nothing big happening, just going through the motions. That's how I feel now. I probably should take the time to rest, rejuvenate and get ready for the next thing coming down the pike. But instead, I feel like something is missing. Maybe this doesn't make sense to anyone other than me.

Anyway, for those of you moving, and hustling and bustling through things...keep up the good work. And for those reaching road blocks, hurdles and challenges...keep thinking postive and moving forward--there is something to learn from it. And for those like me--sort of standing still, take the time to enjoy it, use it for what's it's worth, and don't complain, this opportunity may not last for long.

Ronnie
11-01-2004, 03:41 PM
During those times of simply standing still, I try to use those times as opportunities to help others who may not be having it so calm. PTO has been one outlet for me in doing just that. I visit forums that I may not otherwise visit just to see if I can share a differing perspective that might help someone along the way. Rywill--I am glad that you have a calm right now; because you know how life is...enjoy it while it lasts.:)

rywill
11-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks Nuro's Wife. I guess I get so caught up in chaos and crazy demands that I have created disfunction in my life. We all need to strive for a sense of balance; both times where we experiecne urgency and times of leisure. Girl, I just need to learn to relax.

Manzanita
11-01-2004, 06:31 PM
...silence could be a killer to someone used to chaos...There is great peace in the silence, enjoy the silence.

rywill
11-02-2004, 02:04 PM
MrsG, I agree that there is peace in silence. I think I love it; but it's been so long, I need to investigate it. I am really thankful, for this time. I just feel like I must be missing something, overlooking something because I keep looking for my hands to be moving, or my brain to be thinking about how to manage a bunch of things. I need to really take this time, adn sit back and listen to God. In silence, there is peace, in peace there is calm, and in calm there is restoration and refreshment.

So you just wait, I will be back rearing to go!

Manzanita
11-02-2004, 07:06 PM
everything takes time...

LADYCEE
11-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Afternoon All: Long time no see just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing. Hope everyone had a chance to vote, (Oh Well) looks as if we have Bush for another 4 YEARS.
(:grouphug: Mrs Gee, Nuro's Wife, Anthony'sWife, chinikfb)

Hello to everyone thats just joining us in this forum.

Hi Mrs. Gee hope you enjoyed your trailer.

And to you Anthony's wife Gurl keep your head up and stay strong. Did u ever get the date for your trailers yet. Take at least 2 hours (while you guys are waiting for your bags to be searched and for them to call you) and have a heart to heart with your hubby somethings will come out and some won't I think you both were hurt by each other and you each need to know this so that you can move on. After you have discussed it and kind of got so sight try and not only close that door but put the lock on it and throw away the key. Gurl that should lead to a great trailer afterward :thumbsup:. BUT remember after the 2 hours or how ever long you take to have this talk it stays there. This has to be something you both agree to do. This is just the way I would handle things. Have a good one and good luck. And if you need someone to holla at, or just vent you can PM me anytime.

Ronnie
11-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Hey LadyCee, MrsG, Anthony'sWife and Chinikfb and all of the NYorkers out there. I have to say that I have been in a "blue funk" for the past few days.:( I haven't talk to my husband in about a week and yes it has me stressed. I am mad, sad, p*ssed off and frustrated all at the same time.:blah: I thought that at some point I would get used to all of this crap. I mean I have been doing this with him for 12 years now and it still hasn't gotten any easier.

....Uh,oh...I am sorry if I sound like a sour puss today. I don't want to sound too pessimistic for those who may be beginning this lifestyle; so please forgive me if I said anything that makes you feel down. Please charge it to my head, not my heart. This is just my day to live out my "only child spoiled brat" mentality!!!

Manzanita
11-03-2004, 06:22 PM
Listen, you have every right to feel this way, Geez, 12 years? I would say yeah, you do have a right to get angry and sick of it sometimes...And I hear ya too, I think we all have these times, these ups and downs. I was feeling like this two weeks ago, it comes in waves and for me, it is usually hormones talking too. LOL

Hang In There....((((((RONNIE)))))))

rywill
11-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Awwww Nuro's Wife, girl have a tantrum and act like an only child. I being the honorary NYer (I have named myself that), and not married but have put in some time agree with Mrs G. that this life can wear on you. Take your restoration time. You can join me, that's what I am doing right now. Feeling peaceful.

If you need a laugh, I have a few....

LADYCEE
11-03-2004, 07:07 PM
Hey LadyCee, MrsG, Anthony'sWife and Chinikfb and all of the NYorkers out there. I have to say that I have been in a "blue funk" for the past few days.:( I haven't talk to my husband in about a week and yes it has me stressed. I am mad, sad, p*ssed off and frustrated all at the same time.:blah: I thought that at some point I would get used to all of this crap. I mean I have been doing this with him for 12 years now and it still hasn't gotten any easier.

....Uh,oh...I am sorry if I sound like a sour puss today. I don't want to sound too pessimistic for those who may be beginning this lifestyle; so please forgive me if I said anything that makes you feel down. Please charge it to my head, not my heart. This is just my day to live out my "only child spoiled brat" mentality!!!

Gurl u go ahead and have that "blue funk" we all need it every once and awhile thats what lets us no we are alive and truly in love.............PEACE

trescheek
11-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Yes, I completely understand where you are coming from ... going thru the same right now. Hope it lifts for both of us soon! :)

Manzanita
11-04-2004, 05:54 PM
I am not doing well today, my dog is so sick....they took all these blood tests today, she was bleeding from her nose and I am just so sick myself now too...I will find out tomorrow about the blood tests. I do not think it is good. :(

rywill
11-05-2004, 07:36 AM
Awwww Mrs.G, try not to stress while you wiat for the results. Hopefully, it is only something your dog ate (is it possible some poison or chocolate). I have a dog, and while my pooch is very bad (has mind of his own and behavior too :p ) he is part of the family. Let us know how she is doing. Don't make yourself sick with worry.

Ronnie
11-05-2004, 07:54 AM
MrsG -- I hope it isn't too serious. We love our pets so much. They are part of our families. Good luck!

chinikfb
11-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Peace...What's shakin' NYC...pray tell that the month of November is proving to be more peaceful than October. LADYCEE, good to see your space in this place. To Nuro's wife, rywill and trescheek, go ahead and be blue for a minute...that, too, will end. To, Dutchess, Anthony's wife, NastyBoo, Starr, lildaisy and MrsG...hope the family and pets are strong or are on the road to wellness. To all who have a loved one in NYC or anywhere else...Stay Up! I am well as are my two gems. My oldest turned 18 the latter part of last month and worked the polls on election day. Not surprised that Bush won...can say a lot on that. Will be hosting a family gathering next week which means that between now and then will be cleaning. This is good...always good to connect and to stay connected to family and freinds. My beloved is overwhelmed with school work. We still communicate and are strong....We Are One. Concerned that he gets more sleep and eats...he is a vegetarian. To all...as Iyanla Vazant says...A delay is not a denial...have faith. Blessings...

Manzanita
11-06-2004, 07:37 PM
it turns out she may have an immune disease. from the results this is what the vet thought, her platlets were VERY low and she was put on lots of medicine and so now I have to go back next week to check her blood again. I am very sad for her...I hope it is not something worse than this, but I have to save money now for a cat scan to see if it can be some kind of cancer...my poor zoe. :(

Anthony'sWife
11-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Hey Nuro'sWife, Mrs G., LadyCee, chinikfb,and everyone else out here in ny's part of pto. I hope that everyone is okay and maintaining a positive and peaceful state of mind, as for myself, I am desperately trying to take my own advice, u know its easier said than done. I just know that it has to be done, to have a true peace of mind, I see its golden, u know.

Mrs G I truley hope that your dog is okay, I know how much we do love our pets, my cat is my baby, I love that bad sweet mischievious,cute adorable cat. LOL. I will keep u in my prayers.

Nuro's wife I can definitely relate to that blue funk I know I am in a terrible one right now. I miss my husband so much, ever since I have started my new job I have been able to see him every week and it feels good but I swear I have noticed it even more lately that I am not used to this at all. I have been having this feeling lately. when its time to leave omg, I get so emotional, I try to keep it all inside but I cant hide the look on my face, but I dont cry infront of him, but I could not hold them in anymore, I started crying when I was waiting to leave and waving good bye to him, I have been doing this for 8 years now, and its so hard I feel like I am getting weaker, I thought like u that after time it would get easier but it dosent and I just dont know how to deal, and its hurts to know that so many people feel the same as me because I wouldn't wish this on anyone, not even my worst enemy! U know. But we will be okay I have faith that we will all pull through this, for real!

LadyCee, Thank u so much for the advice, I am definitely going to do that, I tried to get some things out on the table when I went to see him these 2 last visits but I can't its just not the right atmosphere, u know everyone is around and I just dont want anyone in our business and u can just forget about the phone, I'm sorry but 30 min is just not enough and he does call me twice sometime even three times and Its just not the same, I feel like the trailor will be perfect because it will be just us, alone no CO's no one to distract us. I know that he said he forgave me but I know he was and is still hurt I see it in his eyes, and it hurts me even more, we were both wrong and I want us to truley move on and get past this together and finally slam the door on this issue, for real. So thank u once again for the advice, I truly appreciate it. now I just have to wait until they give us a date for our trailer, I ma so upset, My husband is going to speak to his counselor on Monday,(tomorrow) and see what the hell is going on I mean this ridiculous, for real! And by the way u sure are right making up will definitely be oh so very nice:thumbsup:

Well ladies I'm out for now, I will keep u all posted on what's going on with me and the never ending saga with this trailor date! Take care okay!
Peace
Anthony's Wife :grouphug:

Manzanita
11-07-2004, 04:53 PM
thanks for the love !!! ;)

Still no trailer date????? OH MY!!! I think you need to make some calls fast!!!

starzzmom
11-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Hey everyone! I haven't really been on too much lately. I've been a little poopie. It's coming up on the one year mark that hubby has been locked up. It was our daughter's b-day on 10/25 and that was the last celebration we had together before his arrest, so even though she had a good birhday, her party was fun, and she got to see daddy the next weekend, I was feeling a little sad. And now he's on restriction, so I can't even talk to him. And we're suppsoed to visit next weekend, but my back went out this week and I don't know if I'll be able to go. That means I can't see him for another 3 weeks!! Really stinks! It's amazing that one year ago, before he got arrested, I really didn't like him very much, and was annoyed when I HAD to see him and now I'm upset that I can't see him and talk to him. Love is a crazy thing!!!
Otherwise everything else is going good. Work, family, stuff - nothing to report, all is well.

Manzanita
11-07-2004, 07:04 PM
hey, I have been feelin' poopie too...that makes a few of us HUH?
Hang in there... :)

Maggiebklyn24
11-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Hello my NY people. I am doing ok I guess. Missing luis like crazy. have not seen him in four month. Living in Boston is hard. My heart is and always will be in NYC.

Its snowing here today.. Feeling kind of lonely. Still working hard taking care of the boys. Planning to move back to queens sometime next year.

keep your fingers crossed I will see Luis next weekend. He is so far.. In Altona but I love him and I will be there.

Thank god for every day and grateful I am alive. I am very blessed.

Manzanita
11-12-2004, 08:52 PM
I hope you have a great Visit!!! :)

Thank God for all we have! ;)

Manzanita
11-12-2004, 10:29 PM
thank God it's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggiebklyn24
11-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Hello my NY forum.... I have noticed that not a lot of people post on here. Well except Ms. G.

I know there are a lot of us from nyc..me included..

Oh well I am going to Altona this weekend.. finally after four months I am going to see him. I will be riding the prison gap bus. The one which also goes to Clinton Annex and Clinton Main.

come people where are you at?.....

Is anyone else going to Altona or riding prison gap. Holla and let me know maybe we can grab a slice of pizza or something.

Maggie

maidenheart
11-16-2004, 01:01 PM
hi Maggie, yes it has been quiet here I am thinking everyone is on vacation and left us out! I would love to have pizza with you however I go to Eastern so how about a raincheck? When he is transferred who knows where he will be sent. I hope you enjoy your upcoming visit.

NYYankee
11-16-2004, 01:13 PM
I am driving to Clinton Main for a trailer this weekend so I won't be seeing daylight untill Monday morning!!!!:)

rywill
11-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Maggie_Luis it has been quiet in here. I thought it was just me.

NYYankee have fun. I don't doubt that you will.

I wish I could go see my honey this weekend. It has been far too long. So everyone visiting this weekend have fun for me. Laugh a little, get those hugs and kisses in. Cause when I go, it's gonna be on.

NYYankee
11-16-2004, 02:18 PM
maggie luis - Four months!! That is way too long. Hope you have a great visit!

Thanks rywill, it is definitely worth all the hassle to get there! I hope you get a visit soon.

Anthony'sWife
11-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Hi ladies, u are so right this foruma has been quiet nad come on that is just noy how NY is, I mean I'm born and raised in this city that never sleeps, u know, I myself am going to see mu husband this weekend to, over in Green Haven, so all those that are going on a vi, I hope ya'll get there safe and get all ya hugs and kisses that u can cause I know I will! Peace

Manzanita
11-16-2004, 05:50 PM
HI ladies, I was just thinking.....WHERE IS EVERYONE????? :(
and no more chat? wuz up????

I try to get on here everyday for a bit, trying to expand :) if anyone needs anything, let me know!

Maggiebklyn24
11-17-2004, 11:37 AM
I am here.....NYer's never sleep what's up. I know we have a lot of people who have loved ones in NYS so lets talk about that.

trescheek
11-17-2004, 02:41 PM
I know I've been doing more reading than posting as of late ... my hubby got transferred and not to where we thought it was going to be! So dealing with that whole drama along with the pain of not having him with me on a daily basis ... I try not to but I keep thinking 4 more years of this (I'm not counting next year's parole hearing 'cos we know what a joke that is) and I get extremely sad ... so anybody with some upbeat news in the madness, please share! I need to live vicariously thru you for now ...

Manzanita
11-17-2004, 06:15 PM
Hi trescheeck, (((((((hope you feel better...))))))))))
we r here for ya! :)

this forum has been EMPTY....:( like where is nastyboo?

I am moving this thread to the STICKY up top...ok?

for the Updates, Announcments, What's new, how are you thread. ok everyone?

Manzanita
11-18-2004, 05:42 PM
so no chat ladies?????????????

LADYCEE
11-23-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey lady how is everybody doing, Long time no hear.

Mrs. Gee how your baby (the dog).
Anthony's Wife did you ever get your date
NastyBoo, Chinikfb, nuro's wife, trescheek, Maggie_Luis,
NYYankee, rywill, maidenheart and anyone else I might have missed.
Anyone going to visit for thanksgiving, or are u just relaxing. As for me everything is good on this end plan to relax for turkey day and visit on Sunday. To all of those that are visiting have a safe and happy one. Hope to hear from you guys soon...............PEACE

Sam's girl
11-24-2004, 06:19 AM
Happy Thanksgiving! To those of you that are traveling be safe.

Sam's girl

rywill
11-24-2004, 08:57 AM
Yes---Happy Thanksgiving! Be careful as you travel and have a little patience too:p ! I f you are visiting your love ones over the holiday, I hope you have a special memoriable moment.

Be safe and enjoy yourselves!!!

trescheek
11-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Yes, safe travel there and back for all those who will be on the road during this Thanksgiving season.

ksoccio1
11-24-2004, 10:34 AM
Hello everyone!

I am traveling away for the holidays, I hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving! Safe travels to all traveling, and happy visits to all who are priveledged to have them. I will see my son December 5, 2004. I hope all enjoy the Holiday.

Ronnie
11-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Hello All. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. It sure has been pretty quiet in here lately. I know that I am consumed with life right now and it seems to get more intense around the holidays. I saw my boo last week so I am still kind of floating on air. I'll miss him during the holidays because I won't get to see him for a few months. I hope you all have great holiday visits!

Manzanita
11-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Happy Turkey to all :)
God Bless!
Be Safe....

Ladycee...my dog is still sick, hanging in there, thanks :)

Anthony'sWife
11-24-2004, 07:45 PM
Hey Ladies, I hope that all of u have a very safe and peaceful Thanks Giving, I hope that all those that are visiting travel safely, I know as for me well I was going up tomorrow, or maybe Sunday, but I have some serious drama going on at home, so I feel like I cant leave the home front right now, But enough about that I dont want to bring anyone down with my problems.

LadyCee, happy to hear from u , U've been gone for a lil min, nah still no date, I dont know what the deal is with that, for real!

Peace to all and give thanks for all u have, and not going through for real, I know that without struggle there is no progress, so I will puu thru this some how some way, I just ask if u can keep me and mines in your prayers, thanks,

Manzanita
11-26-2004, 08:03 PM
How was everyones thanksgiving?
shoot, I hate to say it, but I have seen better ones...LOL
yet I am still Thankful...;)

starzzmom
11-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey everyone, a day late but Happy Thanksgiving!
Mine was ok. My hubby wasn't here, and my uncle is still sick so he wasn't here, but my mom was finally home - first time ever (she always had to work) So I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for the first time with my mom!
But I got to visit hubby today (without my daughter), and we had a really great visit, and i get to see him again on Sunday! Yeah!
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

capricorn29
11-28-2004, 02:07 PM
:D :D hey yal I'm from the Bx we in here yea!!!!!!!!!!!!! my man of 12 years is in BareHill He got a flat 3 been in almost 2. we almost there. I'm holding it tight for him he my boo. much love for him even though he make me crazy.

LADYCEE
11-28-2004, 09:56 PM
Evening to all: Hope everyone had a good thanksgivings and enjoyed your visits if you visited this weekend. I got chance to visit hubby this weekend. took a package and they took his boots out and told him he had no boots in the package of course I didn't no this until I got home and now the fight begins. other then that it was a good one.

Anthony's wife whats up with that date I should be calling for my next one in a few weeks....................

Mrs. Gee hopes your dog gets well soon..........

Peace to all.........

Manzanita
11-29-2004, 06:22 PM
She seems to be getting better but all of my extra money is gone now, not a great xmas this year. :(

hope they find those boots!

Anthony'sWife
11-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Hey Ladies what's up hope everybody is well, I know this time of the year can be very stressful u know with the holidays upon us but take it easy and it will be okay,me well I am taking my own advice, ya know,

Well LadyCee, Mrs G. Nuro's Wife and everyone else, I finally got my trailer date, check this out, its in FEBRUARY!!!!!!, I am happy because I finally got my date but heated because I had to wait so damn long and its so damn far away, ya know!!!!!

LadyCee I know its on, I swear they be violating, for real!

Well until nextime, Peace and blessings to everyone!!!!

mrodriguez
11-30-2004, 09:52 PM
Hi Im Stuck In The Forgoten Bro Staten Island

starzzmom
12-01-2004, 09:03 PM
Hey Anthony's wife, WOOOO HOOOO finally a date! February will be here in a minute, you've waited this long, it'll be here before you know it, Congratulations!

Wife C
12-03-2004, 10:23 AM
Hey Mrs G and fellow New Yorkers!!!!

Manzanita
12-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Hey! WELCOME! :)

Sam's girl
12-05-2004, 07:20 AM
Hey New York!! Just wanted to tell you that things are going well for Sam and I. I picked him up Thursday. We are in the adjusting phase...
take care,
Sa,
sam's girl

Manzanita
12-05-2004, 09:46 AM
What great news!!!!!!!!!!!
so happy for ya, I wish you a happy adjusting phase

:)

Manzanita
12-05-2004, 09:55 AM
does anyone ever feel like they spend alot of time and energy focused on HIM and not that he is being selfish but it ends up that your whole life is HIM, and you kind of get lost in the mix? and you have no time just focused on you, and I dont mean spending all night and day hooked to the computer. and not that i dont work, but I wonder if I have a life, LOL, and am I taking care of myself...

with xmas coming, I am feeling stressed too, unable to get anyone gifts this year. and with my dog sick, my money has gone to her. I know xmas is not about money and gifts but I know there are people I want to get something nice for. and it would be nice to get something for myself too ya know?

Anthony'sWife
12-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Hi starzzmom, Yeah finally a date! I know It will be here b4 I know it!

Hey Mrs G I know how u feel I mean to be honest my life has been my husabnd for solong, I love him and its not a question about that its just the toll that it takes on us, trying to deal with EVERYTHING, on our own, not really having any free time for ourselves, I go see my husband every weekend, and I love seeing him but at the sametime I have to plan my life around that, I work to and that seems like thats all I do, I work come home wait for his call, or write him, and go see him every sat or sun, and if he was at prison where he could have back to back vists on the weeknends I would go back to back, for real, I know I am neglecting my needs, He even tells me, He gets real worried about me but I just dont know waht to do at this point, I mean If I go out I really dont have fun beacuse I am thinking that he called andI missed his call, or I feel guilty and that is no good, Girl I just know how to even begin to work on that, for real!

chinikfb
12-06-2004, 08:21 AM
Peace...What's shakin' NY....How goes it? Hope all is well with this crew...the hubbies, boyfriends, children, relatives, pets and as important...you. My gems and I are well. Recently, the friend of daughter had a altercation with her dad and was told to leave. Because I am all that I am...I am not going to see a child on the streets. It is all good. I enjoyed my Thanksgiving...was in NYC...did my share of eating, drinking, walking the streets on 125th even flirted with a "young boy." It really did my spirit good to be with family. Tremendously enjoyed doing dinner at Mobay's on 125th, with two sistah-friends from HS...we had not done that in 25+ years. In response your question Mrs. G...it is easy to loose yourself in the mix. It is especially important to hold on or to create some spaces in your life that speaks to what makes you tick. Keep busy...create some newness...and enjoy...we are ONLY in the earth for a visit. Looking forward to this weekend. Get to see and be, as much as possible, with my Beloved. He is overwhelmed with the Masters' program in which he is enrolled. All he wants are magazines. All I want is my book ny Howard Zinn...A People History of the Us. Should be a good visit....it always is. To all of the women who typically post here...you know who you are...and to all of the newcomers....Stay Up and Blessed!

Manzanita
12-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Hey chini, what masters program is he taking, and what prison? just curious.

chinikfb
12-07-2004, 09:25 AM
Peace.....My beloved attends the New York Theological Seminary(or is it Theology)....a Master's program housed at Sing Sing....it is an excellerated program....consumes many hours for study, writing, reading and planning....he rarely has time for anything else. One can check it out at Newyorkprisoners.com...NYTS. View the graduates and forward a support letter. As my friend is not a graduate yet...he is not posted.....Asha Bandale's husband is. Take good care to all the NY peeps and to everyone else! Blessings....

trescheek
12-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Peace.....My beloved attends the New York Theological Seminary(or is it Theology)....a Master's program housed at Sing Sing....it is an excellerated program....consumes many hours for study, writing, reading and planning....he rarely has time for anything else. One can check it out at Newyorkprisoners.com...NYTS. View the graduates and forward a support letter. As my friend is not a graduate yet...he is not posted.....Asha Bandale's husband is. Take good care to all the NY peeps and to everyone else! Blessings....

A friend of mine and my husband's is in this same program ... it's really intense from what he's told me. Not sure when he'll be finished but the last time I spoke to him in the summer, he apologized for not writing but he was swamped with work ... I sent him a card for his birthday in November and he usually will write back but nothing yet ... I know this must be b/c he is so inundated with this program. Thanks for the info regarding the website, I'm gonna check it out right now! :D

Manzanita
12-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Nice! Good for him!! I know this program is only offered at Sing Sing...

what web site??? confused.

LADYCEE
12-07-2004, 05:55 PM
Evening fellow NYers hope all is well. Everyone getting ready for the holidays and all.

Mrs. G and Anthony's Wife I would have to agree with you gurls it does seem like all our time is spend on them and none on use. Don't get me wrong I love him and would do it all over again if I had to, I'm just thinking I need more hours in the day. But then that means I would spend more time on him. Its a no win situation, I guess..........Peace

trescheek
12-07-2004, 08:28 PM
Nice! Good for him!! I know this program is only offered at Sing Sing...

what web site??? confused.

check out: Newyorkprisoners.com then go to NYTS link ...

Manzanita
12-08-2004, 07:07 PM
What did you get from that website?

trescheek
12-09-2004, 08:49 AM
What did you get from that website?

There was info about the NY Theology program at Sing Sing and a list of what I suppose are recent graduates and a link if you want to send a letter of support for one of them. I thought it was interesting, particularly b/c a friend of mine is currently in the program at Sing Sing ...

Wife C
12-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Hey Mrs. G. I know exactly how you are feeling. There aren't enough hours in a day. Alot of the time, I feel like if there were more hours, they still wouldn't be spent on me. By the time I go to work, come home cook dinner, help with homework, I don't get anytime to myself till about 9:30, 10 then I'm usually writing my husband before I get ready to start the whole process over again.... At times it feels very overwhelming. At times it's a lonely life unless you know of other people who are going through the same thing that can understand and relate to what you are feeling. That's why I love this site. It gives me a chance to ask questions and get things off my chest. And it's with people who aren't being judgemental because of the situation I'm in at the present time.... I love my husband to death and don't feel like I have to explain why to anyone.

Manzanita
12-09-2004, 06:10 PM
That program at Sing Sing does sound interesting, I wonder why it is only at Sing Sing...

check this out...this ex-inmate went to Sing Sing...
http://www.newsday.com/features/ny-p2cover3472981sep30,0,6809842.story

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/30/48hours/main609426.shtml

Ronnie
12-10-2004, 07:40 AM
Not enough hours in the day!!!! What an understatement. I feel like WifeC though. If there were more hours they probably wouldn't be spent on me. I was just so stressed and exhausted last night I took 3 Tylenol PM's and went to bed. Of course there were a million other things I should have or could have been doing; but I just needed to collapse for 8 solid hours. Now I have awakened to the ever growing "Things to do" list. Its funny, I keep saying that one day soon that list going to shrink; but it never does.

I do just have to vent a little about last night. Both of my teenagers are musicians in their schools bands (middle school & high school). Now please tell me what "genius" in the school district would schedule both of their Xmas concerts on the same night and at the same time. Hey---I am only one person here. I was running back and forth between both schools for 3 hours last night! I guess I should be happy that the schools are about a mile from each other; but dang...talk about stressing out the PARENTS at holiday time. And then after doing all of that, I got kind of pissed off with Nuro because if he was home I wouldn't have to be doing all of this crazy stuff, he could go to one of the girls programs and I could go to the other...UGH!!!....Oh well, such is life...

trescheek
12-10-2004, 08:13 AM
That program at Sing Sing does sound interesting, I wonder why it is only at Sing Sing...

check this out...this ex-inmate went to Sing Sing...
http://www.newsday.com/features/ny-p2cover3472981sep30,0,6809842.story

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/30/48hours/main609426.shtml

Yes, I'd read about this guy's story but I'm also from LI and I remember when the original incident happened, I was a senior in high school ... it's good to see that he's doing well. At the end of the interview w/CBS he said:

“The prison system is just filled with so many men like myself that got in trouble young and spent the next 15, 20 years in prison, and went to school and really do deserve a second chance,” says Sean. “I think that they should get it, just like I got it.”

I couldn't agree more ... not sure why they only have the program at Sing Sing - I think lots of people would benefit from it but why would they expand the program so that more people can get a second chance? It has been shown that the more education offenders have the lower their recidivism rate. But it would be like taking money out of their own pockets, ya know? I mean, there are 70 prisons, most of them in upstate NY in rural areas and the towns where these facilities are located is where many, many people work. Many of the towns would be non-existent if not for the facility located there. Working at the prison is basically one of the only games in town. I think that's one of the reasons why education was cut back so much ... it's more about economics than anything else, unfortunately.

Wife C
12-10-2004, 08:31 AM
See those are the times that I miss my husband more.... There are days that even though you are doing everything by yourself, it doesn't bother you and then there are days like you were saying you had yesterday that the littlest thing will set you off and make you upset with them for not being home when you need them. It's just hard and I think I'm feeling it more so now because of the holidays.

Anthony'sWife
12-10-2004, 07:23 PM
I know exactly how u ladies feel, if there are more hrs in the day I know I would not spend them on myself, I would be trying to finish that "to do" list, I find spare time at work and I write to my husband, or planning our next visit, I see him every week its cool because I wasn't able to, but I say what about me, I come home cook, clean, do what needs to be done around the house and still write my husband, or I'm talking to my husband, I just really dont have a life!

chinikfb
12-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Peace...What's shaking NY...how goes it? Returned to Philly after a WONDERFUL visit with my Beloved. Always a pleasure visiting with him....absolutely. The program at Sing Sing is really time consuming. This is finals' week; so ome can imagine. He stands tough and does what is needed to do well. He looks good, is healthy and is balanced....as always in my prayers. Always amazed at his wisdom and maturity. Be mindful that the program at Sing Sing is made possible thru donations...not sure about grants but certainly private donations. At any rate...I do hope each and everyone of you is well...as are your loved ones. Blessings...

Ronnie
12-17-2004, 07:54 AM
Well ladies I just wanted to spread some good news to you all. I aced all of my finals and I am graduating this Saturday with my Masters degree!!!! I am so psyched. It has truly been a long time coming. I started this program 13 years ago when our babies were babies and I had to put in on hold because it was just too much dealing with a new husband and new babies all at the same time, so I quit. I finally went back last fall and now I am graduating. I am just so happy and feeling pretty good right now. I just wanted to share my joy with my girls on PTO. Yall are the best!!!

rywill
12-17-2004, 08:00 AM
Congratulations Ronnie--WooHoo- raise the Roof!!!! The race isn't given to the swift, but those that endure. You made it--put that feather in your cap. That is wonderful news, and encouraging for others to continue (such as myself). Your family must be extremely proud of you. Great job too on acing your finals; wonderful accomplishment.

ksoccio1
12-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Congradulations are indeed in order, better late than never. It has actually inspired me to look up some info on some classes that I could take to increase my education. I hope that everyone will have a blessed holiday season!!:)

Wife C
12-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Congratulations Ronnie!!!! That is wonderful. You are a excellent example of someone never giving up on what they want. You should be very proud of yourself!!!!

LADYCEE
12-17-2004, 04:22 PM
:thumbsup: You go gurl congrad to you and all the best.

Anthony'sWife
12-17-2004, 05:55 PM
:thumbsup: :fb: :yay: :beer: :hifive: :clap: :grouphug: I am so happy for U Ronnie, This is great, I know how much this meant to in all of our conversations on me going back to school, U have been and continue to be a grwat source of inspiration, not just for your family& your husband but for all of us here on PTO, I know u will continue to srtive for excellence, I am very happy for u ! Condratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manzanita
12-17-2004, 06:43 PM
:D :thumbsup: WOW!!!! I had no idea!!!!! :D You should be so proud!

Congrats to you! That is so awesome!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :beer: :yes:

Ronnie
12-17-2004, 06:59 PM
Thank You to Everyone!!!!:) :D

Manzanita
12-17-2004, 07:22 PM
You are the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

bubslildevil
12-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Its been awile seince ive been here alot has happend, first my house burnt down so me and the kids (5) were in a motel for about 2 weeks then we bebopped from friends to family's houses.... Now we are offically moved into our new house, I have only seen Bub one time seince the fire i went up the wkend after to tell him so this sunday me and the 3 little ones are going weather permitting (please NO SNOW) okay ya'll take care and God Bless

4MyBabyBoy
12-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Congratulations Ronnie! That is sooo exciting. I cannot wait til the day I graduate. (ughh, a while) I am very happy for you...go girl!

BayCityBabe
12-17-2004, 09:01 PM
well i'm just glad you and the kids were hurt or worse.and i bet it feelsso good to be back home in your owm home:D

Ronnie
12-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Sorry to hear about the fire; but glad to hear that you and the kids are fine. I hope you have a good visit in spite of everything that is going on--you still have each other.

starzzmom
12-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Hey everyone!
Congratulations Ronnie - that is some accomplishment!
Bubs - sorry to hear about the house, but thank God everyone is ok, that's what matters.

LADYCEE
12-21-2004, 12:01 AM
Sorry to hear of your lost, and happy you find sometime for the holiday.Its been awile seince ive been here alot has happend, first my house burnt down so me and the kids (5) were in a motel for about 2 weeks then we bebopped from friends to family's houses.... Now we are offically moved into our new house, I have only seen Bub one time seince the fire i went up the wkend after to tell him so this sunday me and the 3 little ones are going weather permitting (please NO SNOW) okay ya'll take care and God Bless

bishopnsandy
12-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Peace and Blessings I am a NY er, born in the Bronx, ran the streets of Harlem, lived in Harlem, and Queens. I now live in Buffalo, Ny and I will always call NYC home!

bishopnsandy
12-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Although I rarely post, I want to say congrats to you, and also that you are an inspiration, truly!
Peace
Well ladies I just wanted to spread some good news to you all. I aced all of my finals and I am graduating this Saturday with my Masters degree!!!! I am so psyched. It has truly been a long time coming. I started this program 13 years ago when our babies were babies and I had to put in on hold because it was just too much dealing with a new husband and new babies all at the same time, so I quit. I finally went back last fall and now I am graduating. I am just so happy and feeling pretty good right now. I just wanted to share my joy with my girls on PTO. Yall are the best!!!