View Full Version : What a great site the PTO is!

Kebela1
08-30-2004, 08:21 AM
I just want to continue to say what a great site the PTO is! My son is in Dooly State Prison and I go down once a month to see him. Last Friday I had the honor of taking a very nice lady with me to see her financee. After I picked her up we had a nice lunch, drove down south, drove around and enjoyed the beautiful country side, got a motel room, did some shopping and had a quick dinner. It was nice to have someone with me that understood the trails and tribulations of having a loved one in prison. Without the PTO I would never of found someone in the same situation that I am, let alone someone that has to go to the same prison. It was a nice trip and I enjoyed meeting a very nice lady. It makes it alot less stressful to visit in an unpleasant place. Sometimes its nice to pretend that things are normal.
Thanks again everyone on this site for the awesome support. You are all great and caring people. :thumbsup:

MissOne
08-30-2004, 09:18 AM
I am glad you both had a great visit, with great food, fellowship and fun.

strongernow
08-30-2004, 09:25 AM
Glad to hear you had such a nice time :)
PTO has blessed me with many awesome, caring, wonderful friends that I will cherish always. I'm glad that you're experiencing exactly what PTO is all about!

MoMo
08-30-2004, 09:45 AM
I am glad you had a wonderful time and a good visit. Glad to hear you have gotten out of PTO that I have gotten.

Morrigan68
08-30-2004, 09:59 AM
I too met a wonderful woman on PTO who's fiance was in the same facility that mine is in, and she accompanied me on my first visit. She is an amazing lady and I really miss her! (her fiance has been paroled).

I'm glad you had fun that day...it really does help :)

lilivoryangel
08-30-2004, 07:06 PM
That is great and it is always so nice when we are able to help others! God will bless you for that!