View Full Version : any vegeterians or vegans here?????

jeffsprincess
08-28-2004, 09:33 PM
just wondering if there are any other fellow vegeterians or vegans in the house!!! i am a vegeterian i have been for quite a few years. i am not as strict as a vegan. i eat fish and dairy. just wondering if there is anyone else here!!!

Ronnie
08-29-2004, 06:33 AM
I'm not a vegetarian, but I have thought about becoming one. I am curious about your reasons for becoming one and if you have noticed any health benefits from being a vegetarian.

jeffsprincess
08-29-2004, 08:48 AM
i would love to say that i do it for animal rights, but i dont. one day i ate a piece of chicken at a resteraunt and it wasnt cooked. it was raw inside. i was so sick it wasnt even funny. i only ate one bite but it was the most disgusting thing i have ever put in my mouth. from that day on, meat and poultry and pork made me sick. i have never eaten it since. also, they inject these animals with so many steriods and antibiotics its not even funny. people dont ever realize that what they are putting in there bodies is so bad for them. i wont eat farm raised fish or shrimp either. same thing goes there, as far as the health benefits.

starduk
08-30-2004, 07:21 PM
I tried to incorporate more soy into my diet, eating soy burgers and stuff because i felt good after, not weighed down by greasy meats.. but that good feeling didn't last long and i became very ill any time i ate a large quantity of soy.. i think i may be allergic. Booooo hissss...

I am very selective of the meats i eat. I get grossed out easily. All i can say is that if you ever want to shock your way into a vegan or vegetarian diet:

Watch "Meet your Meat" by Alec Baldwin.

As far as health benefits go, there are many as long as you get all the important nutrients that you need like iron. Just look at Alicia Silverstone. Not only is she healthy but she says her skin has cleared and she has lost weight.

Jade01
08-30-2004, 08:01 PM
I am definitely not a vegetarian, but I do not eat a lot of meat. And when I do buy meat, I go to my local health food store and buy ALL of my meat and dairy products there. And I try to buy all my vegetables and fruit there too, but it can just get to be so expensive.

And by the way, I don't know too much about this, but there's new research about soy products increasing your estrogen which increases your risk of cancer and also giving you a higher risk of altzeimers (did I spell that right?). So, soy products might not be as good as we once thought. But it seems like EVERYTHING gives us a higher risk of something!!