View Full Version : Bake a low fat cake with soda!

California Sunshine
08-28-2004, 08:59 PM
An odd trick I learned, I thought they wre crazy when they told me this but.........If you want to bake a cake you can replace the eggs,oil,milk and/or water with soda!!! Yep one can of soda! If you are making like a vanilla or fruit flavored cake use a can of sprite or 7 up (light in color) for dark cakes like chocolate use a can of coke,pepsi whatever (dark soda)

It works the only difference is in the texture it doesn't rise as much and get as fluffy but the taste is the same!! :thumbsup:

jeffsprincess
08-28-2004, 09:17 PM
i thought i have heard it all, but i have never heard that!! can you use diet??? i am going to try that, whenever i bake that is!!! christmas maybe???

California Sunshine
08-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Yep you can use diet,The yeacher at my nutrition class recomended diet but that is one habit I have NEVER been able to give up(my full caffenine) so I just used regular soda but diet does work

jeffsprincess
08-28-2004, 10:00 PM
IM GOING TO HAVE TO TRY THAT. SOUNDS SO STRANGE, BUT IM GOING WITH YOU ON THIS ONE!!! LOL!! WE LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY!!!

MrsWest11
08-29-2004, 01:14 AM
My mom was on weight watchers and they gave them a recipe for some cupcakes...that you use soda with. They are great!!!! :D I'll dig up the recipe and post it on here... :D

huggs,
Selena