View Full Version : Introductions...please add yours!

Pages : [1] 2

irisheyes66
08-27-2004, 06:52 PM
This thread will be for everyone to introduce themselves....post a little, or a lot! It's a sticky, so it will always be right at the top of the Forum.

Looking forward to meeting you!

jeffsprincess
08-27-2004, 09:24 PM
i love this forum!!! i really love this forum!!! im jeffsprincess as most of you know. i have battled with an eating disorder for most of my life and i am finally beginning to overcome it. i think we need a forum like this on pto! we can all learn from eachother! this is wonderful ladies! keep up the good work!

Sam's girl
08-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Thanks for starting this, now maybe I'll have the will power and inspiration to lose some weight.

I have been "heavy" all of my life. I'm 5'4" and back in high school 20 years ago I was 160, and back then I thought I was "fat". I had my daughter when I was 21 I gained over 50 pounds with her. I lost some of the weight but not all of it. Then in '94 I joined Nutri System, I lostabout 30 lbs. before I found out I was pregnant with my son. Then last year I weigh the most I ever had 240! I was depressed and really hated myself. I joined LA Weight loss, well needless to say I got discouraged and stopped that program. Now I'm about 220. I don't want to go back to 240.

Ever since I was a teenager I have tried almost every diet and magic diet pill out there. I just need the will power and I know I can do it. I am an emotional eatter too. I know what I have to do to get the weight off. I just need the will power and encouragement to do so. Maybe this new forum here at PTO, will help.

Sam's girl

California Sunshine
08-28-2004, 12:41 PM
I have always been a big girl,taller then my classmates and just "big boned" but I never really had a problem with weight as in being overweight until my mid 20's.I was always pretty skinny for a 5'10 female but in my 20's I started packing on the pounds and reached my heaviest ever as you will see from my pictures I posted.When I was happy with myself and body I weighed about 60 pounds less then I do now! I don't think I'll get back to my lowest and I'm really not trying too but I would love to loose about 30 pounds and fit into a 13 again!! I doubt I'll ever be back to my perfect size 9 but a 13 would rock:)
I dieted last year and lost about 40 pounds but I have let them creep back up on me,I have gained back almost 20 of what I lost.For me a big part is depression I think and just my love of food.Food makes me feel good when I am happy or sad! I have a constant battle in my mind of wanting to loose to feel better about myself vs' not caring and just wanting to eat! I really am not happy with myself but I also lack motivation right now to do anything about it.I need to try though and this forum will help a lot!

strongernow
08-29-2004, 09:01 AM
First of all, I also want to welcome everyone to the newest addition to PTO forums... Dieting & Health. My name is PJ, I am the Georgia Forum Leader and I will be assisting Susan here! We are both very excited about what this forum can do for PTO members. As we all deal with the daily trials of life, I believe the situations many of us continue to face each day make us forget that we have to take care of ourselves, too. As a child, my grandfather always told me “P - you have to take care of yourself, because when it gets down to it, no one else in this world is going to.” I’m a firm believer. We are all beautiful creatures...let’s help support each other to take care of these bodies we have to live in while we are here on earth!

My story, don’t worry it won’t be as long as Susan’s....just kidding, Susan, love ya!

I want everyone to realize that this forum is not just for people who need to lose weight, but for anyone who wants to take care of themselves, eat healthy, learn to exercise and talk about many of the other physical challenges we face as humans.

Seven months ago I gave birth to my second child. I was bound and determined to have lost all my “baby weight” and be back in shape when my fiancé was released from prison June 17, 2004. Hey, can’t hurt to try, right? But it didn’t happen. With so few hours in the days, working a full-time job, taking care of 2 children, a house, etc., I couldn’t figure out why I just couldn’t lose the last 20 pounds of weight from my pregnancy. Stress? Maybe. Eating habits? Maybe. All I knew was this: I had to change my ways. I need to exercise, eat healthy and drink more water, without a doubt.

Three years ago my first marriage went down the drain. I had struggled through so much pain in that marriage, trying to stick it out for my son because I thought that was what I was supposed to do. I was cheated on, lied to, stolen from, mentally and physically abused... my own husband. I took him back, over and over and over again. Finally, a friend of mine gave me the courage to realize I had to move on. I will never forget the day... Sept. 25, 2001, I made him leave for the last time.

When I did... the depression kicked in. Depression was a big part of my life all through high school. At that time, I was working at a Dairy Queen and it goes without saying, I gained a good bit of weight then. I stopped working at the DQ, started seeing a counselor and got my head together just in time to barely get that diploma, but I did it. This time, the depression took a big toll on me. I started drinking heavily and as if that weren’t bad enough, stopped eating. My ex-husband had shattered every positive thought I ever had about myself. The break up was horrible and his screaming, degrading calls at all hours of the night and day only continued to lower my self image as each day went by.

Moving right along.... through the holidays the drinking only got worse....parties, going out with friends, heck, I was single now, I was going to have fun, right? Wrong.

March 2002... here I stood on the scale at the doctor’s office...5'9" and 118 lbs. I thought I looked good. In fact, I thought I needed to lose “just a few more pounds”. I couldn’t swallow, my glands swollen to the size of an orange and couldn’t keep my eyes open if my life depended on it. I had Mono and Tonsilitis, my doctor informed me, but this was not her main concern. She told me that she noticed symptoms of Anorexia and that she thought I needed medical help. She asked me when the last time I ate was and as I sat there and tried to think of when it was, tears started rolling down my cheeks. I hadn’t ate in over 2 weeks. And even when I did eat last, it was bread, some carrots and washed down with a Rum and Coke. Just enough that I could go on. I was taking diet pills, Metabolife and Ripped Fuel. Back before Ephedra was banned. I was slowly killing my body. I refused treatment for Anorexia, took my prescriptions for my Mono and went home. My son stayed with his father and I went to stay with my mother. I slept for over 2 weeks straight and ate nothing. I stayed in the spare room and only came out to use the bathroom or briefly talk to my mom. I was loving it! Now I had a reason not to eat or at least an excuse so no on could say anything.

The Mono went away and I returned to work. I was still only eating the bare minimum and then I saw myself in the mirror one day getting ready for work and still thought I was fat. If I did eat after that, I started making myself throw up. Continued with the diet pills and sat at work each day, literally shaking.

May 8, 2002..... out with a friend at a party, we were not able to drive ourselves home and we had to call someone to come get us. This is the day I met the man of my dreams...then I had no idea. He came and got us home safely, and a friendship developed. We started hanging out and things progressed from there. In that process, he expressed he feelings our how beautiful he thought I was, but that he was really worried because he saw I didn’t eat. This man saved my life. We started living together shortly afterwards and I would go home to have lunch with him everyday, we would eat dinner together and sit and watch movies, eat popcorn, ice cream, you name it.

Back to now... I am extremely hard on myself still about my weight. Right now, I hate my physical appearance. I desperately need to tone up and continue to eat healthy. I’ve been eating one meal a day for over 3 months now and I am affraid to fall back into Anorexia and I don’t want my fiancé to have to deal with that again. I want to “look good” for my fiancé, even though he tells me I look fine and he loves me, I want my clothes to fit... I want to feel good about myself.

I guess this intro is all over the place. But what I am trying to share is that we all have our own battles. Maybe some of us are overweight, some need to learn to eat healthy or exercise, battle an eating disorder or whatever. The common ground we have.... we need to take care of ourselves, together.

irisheyes66
08-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Patience...wow!

Your story is unique, yet very similar to what I've heard from other women, both here at PTO, and in my personal life.

It's so easy to fall into poor eating habits, whether it be undereating or overeating, choosing the wrong foods, skipping meals, etc. When you know you're predisposed to those issues, it's like a constant vigil...always having to be on guard for the disorder to "take over".

I commend you for wanting to take control of your health, and be the best "you" for your family...when we don't take care of ourselves, they have a lot at stake as well.

I'm proud to have you along in the birth of this new home of ours, and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Peace and light,
Susan

*Johnny's Angel*
08-30-2004, 07:50 AM
Im not lookin to shed a lot of pounds but here is my story, Its more towards the healthy part of the forum than the diet part.

Im 5'3'' and 128 (132 last week!) I was a full time smoker and drank nothing but soda and ate fast food all the time. (I'm only 21 in oct)

Anyway my main goal was to quit smokin and go back down to 115-120 (just to get toned up, not lose massive weight) And pick up better eating habits.

Last week I joined a gym. While i was working out I had such short breaths I knew quitting smokin now was a good time. Well I did it I havent had a cigarette since (and Im currently whitening my teeth cause my teeth aren't the whitest arround from smoking And as for eating for lunch i bought myselve several smart ones from weight watchers, and veggies with dip. I go to the gym at least 4 times a week for an hour each time, and i drink nothing but water or juice throughout the day.

This is my intro, nothing great, just tryin to be healthier that way I don't run into problems in the future

rottn
08-30-2004, 10:38 AM
I'm Lisa and I've dealt with eating disorders since I was 14. At 18 I weighed 89 pounds and thought I was fat. While pregnant, I picked up 10 pounds and was told by his father that I was fat. This only encouraged me to put something down my throat more often. I got to the point that I can vomit at will now. After my divorce I went to food for comfort and blew up to 250. I then started to abuse laxatives, water pills, and anything else that would make me speed up. I lost 100 pounds in 4 months and ended up in the hospital. These habits are so hard to break for me. Even now after I eat, I have to fight the urge to head for the bathroom.
I'm 5,4 and am at 190. Although I can hide my weight well, I know it's there. I know I need to eat better, when I do eat, and to increase my exercise time. If I have some support, it would make it all the more easier for me.

MrsWest11
08-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Well, I've been "big" for as long as I can remember (with a good ole' ghetto booty...) :D I have tried alot of different diets (weight watchers, Slim Fast...back in the day...and some other ones). None of them worked...when I DID lose...it came right back. Well, back in 2000 I started staving myself (not intentionally)...I was living with this roommate that (to put it nicely) liked to wake up in the middle of the night and "clean out the fridge". Therefore...I had nothing to eat. I lived off of ramen noodles (we would 1/2 a pack of them....and I only ate once a day)...and water (and occasionally kool-aid and tea). Well, I did lose alot of weight...but, I looked just sick as could be. My eyes were sunk back in my head...my skin looked horrible...you can just imagine. It was all because I wasn't gettin' the nutrients I needed. My then boyfriend kept talkin' about how awful I looked so...he would go to subway and buy a footlong sub...and sit there and TRY to make me eat the whole thing. HA...that wasn't working. I had went so long without eating...I would eat like 3 or 4 bites off of it...and I wanted to throw up. So...I moved out from that place and moved back home with my parents...my mom cooks all the time so...guess what? Selena blew right back up...but, I looked alot healthier...ya know? Since then...I have lost/gained continuesly. When I started working last year...I would eat once a day (at night before I went to work)...I was moving around all night at work (exercise) and ate stackers like they were candy (bad move...I know). But...I went from a size 22 to a size 16...in a matter of months. Then...I got pregnant. Gained weight back...but, I miscarried at 5 1/2 months. So...that added stress made me wanna eat that much more. Right now...I'm at my highest weight ever (around 235) :( I started having problems with my ovaries again so...I went to my gyno and found out I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) which doesn't allow you to lose weight...and when you do lose it...you gain it right back. My body produces to much insulin (which we all know isn't good). So, my doctor has put me on some meds...and gave me a diet to follow (and exercise)...so, hopefully this will work for me. I think with my doctor's plans...and the love/support from my PTO family...I can do this!!! :D
I can't say enough how HAPPY I am that we have this forum on PTO...IMO...it makes a great, great place...even better! Thanks, David...and whoever else had a hand in making this forum happen!!!

huggs,
Selena

ohiogirl
08-30-2004, 09:31 PM
Thank you PJ for sharing! :)

*Johnny's Angel*
08-31-2004, 07:30 AM
great intro!

jeffsprincess
08-31-2004, 05:38 PM
PJ WOW, WHAT A STORY. I CAN ALMOST RELATE TO EVERYTHING THAT YOU SAID. MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU CAUSE I HAVE BEEN THERE. I WAS NOT EVEN 5'5 AND MY LOWEST WEIGHT WAS 77LBS. THAT WAS MY ALL TIME LOWEST. I REMEMBER LOOKING IN THE MIRROR AND LOOKING AT A FAT DISGUSTING PERSON. AND EVEYTIME SOMEONE WOULD STARE AT ME, I THOUGHT IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS FAT. I DIDNT REALIZE THAT THEY WERE LOOKING AT ME CAUSE I LOOKED LIKE I WAS ALMOST DEAD. WHEN I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL, I REMEMBER MY PARENTS FIGHTING OUTSIDE MY ROOM. THEY HAVE BEEN DIVORCED SINCE I WAS 5 AND EVERYTIME THEY WERE AROUND EACHOTHER THEY WOULD GO AT IT. YOU KNOW, THEY WERE TRYING TO PUT THE BLAME ON EACHOTHER FOR WHY I WAS THERE. THE DOCTOR EVEN HAD TO SAY TO THEM, YOUR DAUGHTER HAS A SERIOUS PROBLEM AND IF WE DONT DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SHE IS GOING TO DIE. ALL WHILE I WAS SCREAMING IN THE HOSPITAL TRYING TO RIP MY IV'S OUT. I WAS SCARED THAT THE IV'S WERE GOING TO MAKE ME FATTER. THANK GOD, I OVERCAME MY ANOREXIA, BUT NOW IM TRYING TO OVERCOME MY BULIMIA. THE SCARRIEST THING IS THAT I DONT WANT TO EAT SO I WONT THROW UP! MOST PEOPLE DONT REALIZE THAT MANY RECOVERING BULIMICS, SLIP INTO ANOREXIA. THAT HAS BEEN MY FEAR, BUT I TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME. THATS ALL WE CAN DO. YOU WENT THROUGH SO MUCH AND LOOK HOW FAR YOU HAVE COME!!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! I DONT KNOW IF WE WILL EVER BE HAPPY WITH OUR BODIES THOUGH. I DONT KNOW IF WE WILL EVER LOOK INTO THE MIRROR AND SEE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE SEES. PJ. WHAT ABOUT EATING REALLY SMALL 3 TIMES A DAY??? WHEN I FIRST STARTED TO STOP THROWING UP, MY BODY COULDNT HANDLE ANYTHING. IT WAS SO USED TO NOT HAVING ANYTHING IN IT THAT ANYTHING I ATE WOULD MAKE ME SICK. FOR THE FIRST WEEK I WAS ONLY ABLE TO EAT LETTUCE. NOW I CAN EAT FRUIT AND A VEGGIE BURGER, BUT NO BREAD. I EAT SALAD, BUT VERY SMALL. TRY EATING A BANANNA FOR BREAKFAST. THEY MAKE THESE REALLY GOOD MEAL REPLACEMENT BARS. THEY ARE BY POWER BAR BUT THE LINE IS HARVEST BARS. I SWEAR BY TOFFEE CHOCOLATE CHIP. THEY ARE SO GOOD AND ARE LOADED WITH SOY AND FIBER. ITS LIGHT AND ISNT HEAVY. YOU DONT WANT TO FALL BACK, YOU HAVE COME SO FAR!!!! YOUR STORY HAS INSPIRED ME! HANG IN THERE GIRL!

mama 4U always
09-14-2004, 02:42 AM
Selena, please tell me what are stackers?
cmom

Oscar714
09-14-2004, 10:08 PM
C mom ~ "Stackers" are diet pills.....it's a brand.

Jenuwine
09-23-2004, 09:29 AM
I'm Jennifer, I've been heavy all my life except from 1996-2001. I had lost all of my weight and was happy at a size 12. Met hubby, gained all plus some back by munching in the car during my long drives to see him and stopping at fast food joints. Anyway, I just had gastric bypass surgery on June 8th of this year and so far, 15 weeks later, I have lost 74 pounds. I just joined a gym about a month ago to help firm some of the flab up before I have a lot hanging. I hope to be able to have the extra skin around my stomach removed after I get down to where I want to be. It hasn't been an easy road, you have good days and bad days after the surgery. But I have no regrets for having the surgery done, other than not having it done sooner.

vics woman
10-02-2004, 01:09 AM
Thanks for starting this, now maybe I'll have the will power and inspiration to lose some weight.

I have been "heavy" all of my life. I'm 5'4" and back in high school 20 years ago I was 160, and back then I thought I was "fat". I had my daughter when I was 21 I gained over 50 pounds with her. I lost some of the weight but not all of it. Then in '94 I joined Nutri System, I lostabout 30 lbs. before I found out I was pregnant with my son. Then last year I weigh the most I ever had 240! I was depressed and really hated myself. I joined LA Weight loss, well needless to say I got discouraged and stopped that program. Now I'm about 220. I don't want to go back to 240.

Ever since I was a teenager I have tried almost every diet and magic diet pill out there. I just need the will power and I know I can do it. I am an emotional eatter too. I know what I have to do to get the weight off. I just need the will power and encouragement to do so. Maybe this new forum here at PTO, will help.

Sam's girl
i dont believe im been member of pto for a year now and just found this forum. i had my quertly check up last thursday and have gained another 3 lbs.which wouldnt be so bad except its on to of the40 ive gained in past year. my story i was always a tiny girl 5ft 2 in never weighed over 100 except during pregancy. was a smoker all my adult life and worked in physically demanding jobs but about 4 years ago i started having health problems so quit smoking and got a desk job. hence the weight gain . 2 years ago i had a stroke which left me disabled so i nolonger work for first time in dult life.i now weigh 169 lbs. the biggest iveeverbeen. i go to gym at least 3 days a week. and eat healthy foods my problem is portion size.could use some girlfriends to chat with some buddies for suport.so glad i found this section of pto at this time. when most needed. i really want to get my weight down to 125to130. time i feel i felt mybestand looked my best.well thats my story .i will be back on this section for support. and looking for tips on weight lose i know what to do but seem to have no displine when it comes to food.just having otheres to talk to willl help.i think.thanks for listening

Midnight63
10-11-2004, 11:01 AM
As a young child and a teenager, I was always slender and muscular. I was a gymnast and a cheerleader in highschool and I graduated at 113 pounds. I never thought anything about what I ate as I was always active and it never caught up with me then. Ohhhhh...to my dismay...it would eventually do so....

I stayed pretty slender in college and then I was married at age 22. I had 3 children with my ex and eventually found myself to be "comfortable" at 135-140 by age 28. I figured I was getting older and I had c-sections so it would be impossible to go any lower. Well...after a rocky road with that guy, I left him at age 30 and moved here to Phoenix in 1994 weighing in at 165. Although I felt like a new person, with a new life, I knew I had to do something so I lost 36 pounds and felt like a million dollars. I worked 2 jobs and had the 3 kids to keep me busy. I lingered back and forth between 135 and 150 for the next several years.

In September of 2000, I met my hubby and weighed in at 148. I was comfortable. Much to my surprise, new hubby LOVES to cook!!! Ohhhhh boyyyyy....here we go......a person to cook, for a person who can EAT!! Over the next 3 years, weight fluctuated from 145 to 170.

I was working for a good company, didn't care much for my supervisor-which ultimately led to my leaving, so I was unemplyed in July of 2003. Now I could stay home all day and eat whatever I wanted...ummmmm....NOT a good idea...

By July of 2004 I had gotten to about 175 and was depressed. Hubby was arrested and I was lost....so...I ATE!! After all the "hoopla" of getting him home, and getting things straight, I had gained another 20 pounds!!! Good GRIEF!! So, at last count, I am 193.2 pounds and I REFUSE to get any bigger. I thought..."oh myyy....I weigh almost 200...where the heck did that come from?"

I am 5'4" and have a medium bone structure. I have muscle that will never go away because of the years of gymnastics. ( I still to this day hold the female leg-press record for my high school at 760 pounds...yep...ladies...these legs are "lethal weapons"...now if only I could slide my stomach to the side so I could lift them....sheesh!!)

At any rate, my goal is to lose the 60 pounds that I am carrying for someone else by next May...not a hard goal to accomplish. I know I can do it...I just need to be pushed. I've become lazy and I tend to leave my motivation on my pillow each and every morning!! So with that in mind...I ask for your help. I have read your stories and I want to be a part of this whole shabang!!

irish...I will send you the photos for posting..thanks for offereing to do that for me. I truly appreciate it!!

Here's to us, ladies.....let the journey begin!!

Cheryl

Ronnie
10-11-2004, 02:08 PM
I'm Ronnie. I have been slightly overweight my entire life; but my weight never really became a problem until after the births of my 2 daughters, which was 13 & 15 years ago! I gained 80 pounds with my first pregnancy, but only lost 20 of those pounds after her birth. Then 9 months later I was pregnant again and gained 40 more pounds with this pregnancy and lost NONE!!! I had carried this weight around for 14 years before I decided that it was time to make a change. Actually my doctor told me it was time to make a change. I was having heart palpitations that were scaring me to death. I did not want to die, so off to Weight Watchers I went. I had always had a family membership to the YMCA, but had never used it; but I started to then. I am about 18 months into my new healthier lifestyle. I have lost 100+ pounds and still have quite a few left to go to reach my goal; but I continue on. I think this is a great forum here on PTO. We need support and encouragement to help us reach our goals!

Kool_Aid
10-11-2004, 02:47 PM
I have battled with an eating disorder since I was 16. It started as me just wanting to lose a little weight. I weighed about 145 and was 5'7. It all started because the girls in my school were asking if I was pregnant. I was like no I'm not. So, that's when I decided to lose weight. In about a year, I was down to 103!!! My mom took me to the doctor and he told me if I lost anymore weight that I was going straight to the hospital. I got up to about 109 then found out I was pregnant. I'm still rather small...5'8 115, but I have to make myself eat sometimes. It is something that I battle with to this day. (btw, I am 26 now)

irisheyes66
10-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Trisha, this Forum is not only for people who want to "lose" weight...it is for anyone who struggles with weight/health related issues, be it weighing too much or too little, or eating disorders. Everyone is welcome here ;) I'm glad you posted an intro!

Ronnie, I've been following your story since this Forum opened, and I am very impressed with it. Losing over 100 lbs. is an incredible accomplishment, and you should be very proud of your new outlook, girl! Fantastic!

lani
10-17-2004, 01:49 AM
Hi, I'm Lani! I'm 5'3 and weigh 130 pounds. The most I ever weighed was 140. My goal is to mainly change my eating habits, become more physically active and to hopefully loose 15 - 20 pounds. I've always been thin (110 - 115 lbs.) even after I had my son. It wasn't until this year that I started to gain a lot of weight. :eek: It all started when my fiancé was incarcerated this January. I'm an emotional eater. I go to the gym 3 - 5 days a week but I think the reason I'm not losing any weight is because of my eating habits. On Monday, I start the south beach diet...

amznbert
11-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Hi there ladies, my name is James, I am 6' and weigh 230, I have always been the big kid in school. not always the tallest but almost always the heaviest....I rember my mothers dismay when i was a kid trying to find me pants that fit...Well i am sure as most people who have been heavier for most of your lives i have also yo-yo dieted, the most i have ever weighed was 256 and the lowest was 183 when i was just graduated from school and was working out every day running 5-8 miles a day. Well I have given up trying to lose weight as mesure ment of pounds. Now i just have goals as getting back to being able to run 4-5 miles a day and not pass out from being winded too much, and being able to be flexable again, you know tuching the floor instead of just the upward pointed toes with bent knees :D . I know that if i can maintain these few things I know that I wont have to worry about what other people think of my body becouse i know i will be happy with who I am.

lovenomore
11-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Hello my name is Kim and I am over weight!!
*crowd- Hi kim Welcome!* lol just kidding...

But I am over weight, I need to lose around 15 lbs. That is the hardest!! My story begins long ago (6 years) at the age of 15;
I was always a normal teen never big but not too small... then I became pregnant, and woo hoo the weight came I gained 100lbs in just 7 months of pregnancy. I had a really bad pregnancy and almost died:mad: but the weight stayed and we recovered! I tried to lose weight over and over but to no avail....

*Fast forward > 4 years My ex went to jail and I was bored and lonely and my twins were young still so I worked out everyday 2 hours a day non stop... I lost the weight but was obsessed with exercising (agree there could be worse things to be addicted too). Then we called it quits and I met someone new, we got caught up in that new love stage and only wanted to spend time together. Slowly my workouts went from 7 days to 2 days then 2 hours and now are at zip....

The weight creeped back but now I am ready to lose again. We are still together and very much in love but over the I have to spend every waking hour with you phase (but not by far! lol)
The problem being I am now working two jobs (60+ hours a week), have twins that are 5 and 3 animals = no time for much... I never really dieted before besides the switching sodas and drinking lots of water that I still do now so I am stuck!! Since monday I have worked out when I can ie. jogging while walking the dogs, stretching, and crunches while watching the Swan! Now I am on this 1200 calorie a day kick we will see how that works!! Well, good luck to all and I hope we all acheive are goals what ever they may be!! Thanks for reading and if you have some advice or questions PM me!! Kim:p

eppsgrl70
11-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Hi my name is Sherry and I'm from Bumpass VA and yes you read that right.

My battle with the bulge started many moons ago. Believe it or not I was not the fat kid in class. I had a nice figure, okay awesome figure. I won legs contest at bars etc. Then, I got married and had two kids and divorced,and well lets just say, "legs? What legs?" Seriously, I'm the heavist I've ever been. I haven't dieted in so long that I just don't know where to begin. I need to loose a lot like 80 lbs. If I didn't have kids I would apply to be on the biggest Loser. I'm serious. Then I'm afraid if Ioose too much will I have all that flab? What's worst fat or flab, I'm unsure. I love myself regardless and have a great family. My honey tells me all the time that he loves me just the way I am. He met me this way and says it doesn't bother him. I guess that's why I love him so much.

I know that for my health I need to loose weight, I was gestational diabetic with my youngest son and can become diabetic the older I get. Since I'm no spring chicken I need to be concerned. I have thought about Trimspa etc but help... I don't know where to start.

thanks for listening,
Sherry

Mellie28
11-18-2004, 12:58 PM
Well, i am so happy that i found this forum !!! :D

Here's my little story...

I'm 28 and i've been a big girl all my life. I always had big bones so i could never weight 130 pounds. I'm 5'7. I started putting on weight at the age of 7 years old. When i finished high school i weighed 244 pounds. The next year i went to nutri-system and lost 70 pounds. I felt great but i still saw myself as fat. I wanted to weight 130 pounds like my friends. I now have accepted that i will NEVER weight 130 pounds and that's fine by me. Then nutri-system closed and was on my own. I started to enjoy my new me a little too much and started going out to clubs like crazy and drinking. Then the weight started coming on again. I gained all the weight back + much more. In 1999 i hit 325 pounds. I was depressed and disgust with myself.

Then i started walking for 20 minutes everyday and without dieting i had lost 20 pounds in a matter of 3 months. I stayed at 305 for a little while. Then i started making new friends and going out more and the weight just started coming off. When i got a new job as a receptionnist in 2001 at a health center i was 285 pounds. Then the following year i got down to 244 pounds. I exercised and ate mostly a vegetarian diet. Now, i stayed there a little while and this year i started putting the weight back on. I went trought a burn out and depression so i turned to food for comfort. I now weight 268 pounds. Mentally everything's back to normal, but i still struggle to get started to lose at least 80 pounds.

So, i'm happy to have found this forum !!!
Mellie:D

magoo
11-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi
when i danced, i was trained in ballet. i was very thin. i wore a size four. then when i was 16 i got hit by a truck and haven't been able to dance. so i went up to a bout a size seven and that was farily healthy, i was riding horses by then so i was still active. i know that i looked unhealthy when i was a size four. i am 5'7. anyway over the last cuople of years i have been so involved in trying to help my ex that i kinda lost everything else and gave up riding to move and help him thruoh rehab. over that time i gained more weight and am wearing a size 10, which to me feels too big. i would like to be a size eight or so. i have started riding again and have been eating healthier so i am losing wieght and now that it is winter i am going to the gym.

missinghim6
12-01-2004, 04:47 PM
My weight has always been an issue for me ever since I was little. My mom worked 2 jobs and was never home to make dinner so I ate any thing I wanted. Cookies, cake you name it and I ate it. I always got teased for being the "fat girl" in grade and school and the first 2 years of high school.I was a home body never had much friends and liked to sit in front of the T.V. My summer break going into Junior year I started working and the only job I could find at the time was 25 min away walking distance. I wasn't home to eat and walked to work every day and home. I was looking and feeling good for the first time in my life. I drank a glass of orange juice for breakfast got on the bus to school and didn't eat lunch, maybe something to drink. Started snaking on fat free candies and soon as I walked in the door was right back out again for work.Started wearing a size 14/16 which was the biggest deal for me. Stopped eating fast food alot and started eating more healthy cuz guys were coming at me now and I loved the attention I got. Maintained my weight my last 2 years of high school, met and fell in love with my soul mate. We had a rough begining cuz he lived with someone at the time we met. He let me know that it was okay to enjoy a dinner that wasn't healthy[Fast Food] and I loved that I didn't have to put on an act around him, that I was able to not feel guilty bout what I ate. I still maintained my weight. Then 3 years into our relationship I got pregnant and he got in trouble, sent to boot camp and came home 2 months before our first son was born. He wasn't there to see me eat everything I wanted cuz I used the {well the baby has to eat] excuse! Needless to say my maintaining was out the window. Before pregnant I was 180, I gained 65lbs. After I had the baby, lost some of the weight but not all of it. We went thru some more rough times, got pregnant again before our oldest was 1. Had that baby, lost some of the weight, I gained about 45-50 lbs. 4 years went by hadn't lost the weight from the pregnancy's. Got pregnant in 2002, gained less weight had a 10lb baby, which is now 2 and the weight from all 3 is still around my waist. I've tried slim fast, trimspa, ect. I work nights, take care of our 3 boys and don't have much time or money to go to gym. Sometimes I find my self eating cuz I'm bored or upset. I want to lose this weight more than anything, I'm at my heaviest 250t,5'9. I know my man wants me just the way I am but know that he'd perfer me to lose some of the weight. I feel like I'm just rambling on, anywho that's my intro. Any comments or suggestions are welcomed.

Jenuwine
12-08-2004, 01:58 PM
I eat when I'm bored too. That's why I gained a lot of weight after meeting my husband. I would get bored sitting in the hotel rooms, bored during the 6 hour drive, etc. Even after having gastric bypass surgery I still find myself snacking when I'm bored. Of course I can't snack like I used to but the HABIT is still there. Update on my surgery, I'm now down 100 pounds since June! Yay! I just have to stop the BAD HABITS before they get out of hand.

cassielvben
12-11-2004, 11:48 AM
hello ladies my name is cassie and ive been bigged bone for a long time and about 2 yrs ago i lost 70 lbs in 6 months i had sumone who always called me fat and all that stuuff that came with it and now im not with him anymore i found my husband he doesnt do that to me but i want to be back the way i was before i got pregnant so i got to lose like 50 lbs cant wait i want to look good for myself plus for my husband too

Jillian
03-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Well i have been thin most of my life. Right until i turned 21 and mved up north. i got really sick and was in the hospital alot i had bronchitis. The doctor gave me steroid shots and i blew up that a blowfish. I went from 103 to 140 and i am only 4ft 11 so you know i looked like roly poly. I had a high self esteem and i loved me for me but then my family came in to play and all it was about was how big i was and how could i allow myself to look the way i was. I started to every so often to eat and just throw it up and it made me feel so much better like i was losing instant weight when i actually wasnt. i was doing it quite often but no one in my family knew about it. I met my husband i was 130 and he loved me for me and made me feel happy. i got pregnant and i lost weight cuz i couldnt hold nothing down. So i ws in the hospital most of the time for that also him going to prison didnt help either. i get it constantly from my mom (whom i live with) about my weight and when my family sees me they see me they get on my case about my stomach. When i had my daughter i had a c-section and i still hve that pouch. My cousin recently had a baby and she is so thin already and that is all i hear about how mines is almost 2 and look at me like a fat cow. my self esteem is like a roller coaster sometimes i look at myself as so beautiful but when they are done i look at myself like how could i have ever thought that.
My husband told me that if i am losing the weight cuz of him i need to stop for he loves me the way i am and after all it was his child that caused me to get a belly but if i want to lose it he will support me as long as i promise that i dont make myself throw up. i dont do that as much anymore i only do every couple of mths.
I currently weight 111 but my stomach still has that hump..

I cant do situps cuz of a horrible car wreck that i was in. so after about 2 situps i am in horrific pain. i do crunches but someone says that wont help.

Sorry for so long.

cawillia
03-17-2005, 02:42 PM
I have always been big boned. However, I've always been physically active (well, from tee-ball through high school). When I was in 8th grade, my best friend almost died of anorexia. She, thankfully, is alive and well today, but she fights with her disease every meal. It really had a big effect on me. She hid it from me and I felt guilty when I finally found out what was wrong with her; I hadn't noticed for years.

I don't know I am qualified to write this intro, but I am very insecure about my weight. I have big breats, and big bones- and would absoluetely love to lose 25 pounds. I cannot take diet pills- I have a minor heart complication. This is going to sound so sob-story, but when I was in middle school my first crush made horrible comments about my weight. I remember exactly what he use to say

"Lose 20 pounds and then speak." "You are too fat and blubbery to be seen with." "I hope there are a lot of blind guys at the high school so you will finally get a boyfriend."

I set my standards very low for myself and stayed with a guy who used me for many things for 2 years just because he didn't say anything bad about the way I look.
Now, I eat when I'm upset, and regret it. I have never been anorexic or bulimic (though I have tried to make myself throw up years ago). I just am trying to change. Eating healthy on a college campus isn't easy, but it is my goal. I also am trying to go to the gym more. I just want to feel better about myself.

Jillian
03-17-2005, 03:05 PM
Cawilla you are beautiful and to that guy from your past what a loser. He probably had his own issues and just felt better to pick on you. You are in college and are doing great things with your life .. What ever goals you set for youself i just know that you can more than conquer them for you are the strength that holds so many things together. Now just use that strength to focus on your personal goals and everything will work out fine.
if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me
Jillian

MsAloha1018
04-01-2005, 01:44 AM
Yes, food (especially eating lots of it) and I go WAAAAAAY BACK! I was always taught to clear my plate; if I didn't I would get beaten by the elders, meaning my parents, aunts, uncles, etc. Or they would force feed me the food. Then I was placed into foster homes between the ages of 8-13 and found that there were people out there who could actually cook good food. I ate and ate and ate then, but I was also active outdoors, playing with the neighborhood kids and I was taking hula and Tahitian dance classes about 4 times a week. So even though I ate like a pig, I kept the weight off.

Fast forward to adulthood, with massive weight gains and losses. I've been on Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Slim Fast, Nutralife, Herbalife, Atkins. I'd lose so much weight, then gain it back and more. My physicians tell me that the reason why I gain the weight back is because I'm trying to "pad" myself so that guys don't notice me. If I'm fat and ugly, they'll leave me alone. Because if a guy paid any attention to me, then I'd have to risk opening up and getting hurt, which I knew would always happen.

But now I'm in my early 40's, and losing weight isn't as easy as it was when I was in my 20's. I have to work very hard at it now, every single day. I have to watch what I eat. I had to give up ciggies. And I finally got into an exercise routine, which I hated because I always thought that I was too lazy to do so.

I'm so glad that I was invited to come to this forum by a member who frequents one of the forums that I "work" in. And I'm so ready to lose this weight. I have a shrink to work with when I get to the point where I start to panic about not being comfortable about being healthy and slimmer. For me, it's a very scary concept to lose 30 pounds...I feel like I have to surround myself with fat to protect me. But I'm hoping with the help of my shrink and all of you that I can get over this fear.

May all of you brave souls (whether you're trying to lose or gain weight) be blessed and reach the goals that you desire. And wish me luck too.

P.S. 1st pic taken last March, 2nd pic taken last November and 3rd pic just taken tonight (3/31/05).

witchiejeni
04-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Hey gang!
I've been overweight for most of my adult/teen life. It has varied by how much I was overweight, but I was never at a healthy weight.
My low point was 255 pounds, at 5'9"...most people didn't believe how much I weighed because I'm fairly tall.
As of now, I've lost 52 lbs.
I'm doing the Atkins diet, but I'm not as strict as the plan says...though I may become more strict because I've hit the dreaded PLATEAU and I hate it! I was working out 5 days a week, but I've stopped for now. I may try a Pilates tape at the end of the month.
When I started the diet, I wore a size 26. Now I can fit into size 16 or 18 depending on the label.
Also, since my dearest is a very talented artist, he is doing a nude portrait of
me with a healthy body. I'll be able to use it to visualize what my body may look like.
I'm glad I finally jumped into this forum!:D

optimistic
04-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Hey Ladies,

I can't believe I just found this forum but am so happy I did. I have been up and down on the scale since college but never really stabilized. I have from a size 8 to a 14 in my closet. At my largest I've been 193 and at my smallest if I remember correctly it was 160 (or at least when I started caring)

I am a fast food/eat out junkie. Love to eat and drive and crave food on the go. It's the hardest thing to overcome. I am a true emotional eater and love to do it ALONE. But, I am getting active. I have been kickboxing and got a personal trainer so that helps big time.

My ex boyfriend used to always tell me he had never dated anyone as big as me and would always watch what I ate and comment. I think that's when I started eating alone and on the go in the car and stuff.

But here I am at about 180 right now and trying to get to 150 and want to do it the right way! Slow and steady so it will never come back!

MsAloha1018
04-08-2005, 01:23 AM
I wanted to say welcome to all who have recently joined this forum. I'm so happy that I found it and so happy that all of you found it too!!! :)

tweetwashington
05-07-2005, 07:45 PM
I have been overweight all my adult life. My weight pretty much stayed stable until about 4 years ago. I went to the doctor, and she told me I weighed 217 pounds. This was by far the biggest I had ever been.

I think it was due to all the stress of raising three kids, boyfriend being incarcerated, going to school, and doing everything on my own and never taking time out for "me."

Unfortunately, since then I have gained a few pounds still. I go on periods where I exercise, but the weight never really came off.

I have started walking, and it is my goal to walk for an hour each night. I also would like to start working out. I love lifting weights.

But my goal is to be down to 150 pounds. I would be so happy with that weight. It is just a matter of saying no to sweets and more to exercise and healthy living.

Glad I found this forum. I really need the support. :)

kat29
05-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Hi! My name is Kat. I joined PTO because my bf Jason in El Reno FCI and I was just looking for someone out there who was in my situation too. Seems like we ladies have alot in common. I am 29 going on 30 and have battled my weight since childhood. I am 5'4" and now weigh 207. I weighed 216 3 weeks ago. I am on the Weight Watcher plan. I LOVE it. It's the only thing I've found that I don't have to starve to be on. Best of luck to all of you ladies.....see ya on the PTO.

jmwife
08-19-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm so glad to find this forum! I'm a 39-year old mom of 2 daughters that has been overweight all of my life. But recently I have been really opening my eyes to how unhealthy I am becoming and not very physically appealing (to myself!) and how it has affected my self-esteem. I weigh 295 lbs and I'm 5'7". I need to lose a lot of weight but for now I'll shoot for 30-40 lbs. I've been seperated from my husband for the last 5 years (who is in jail right now, he'll be in there for a year) but we've never stopped loving each other, it's just that we can't live together. (We fight too much!) But I miss him terribly sometimes and a part of me would be thrilled for him to find a smaller version of me waiting for him at the gates when he gets out :blush: . He's never complained about my weight but he's slim and in shape so I would be embarassed for him to be seen with me at clubs, etc. It's hard to think about the slim, beautiful ladies catching my husband's eye and him coming home to big rolie-polie me. (Well, I'm working on that part of my self-esteem in therapy :( ).
Anyway, I'm slowly finding a little chunk of will power that wants to exercise and wants to stop overeating. I want to dig further, find more strength, more willpower....I'm actually scared to lose weight, it's been a suit of armor for me for so long. But I can see the slim version in me, finally, under the layers of fat. I can see her in there.

beautyforashes
09-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi. I am glad to find this forum. My name is Taylor and I struggled majorly with eating disorders since I was 12...I am now 37 and for the past 4 years, it seemed I had overcome the whole viscious cycle- and was able to maintain a weight that I was happy with. I'm 5'9" and have weighed 135 for a long time, and if I gained, I would just restrict. Anyway. I quit smoking on August 1st, and low and behold, I have gained about 10 pounds...and I'm out of control, slipping into depression, and see that I still or again have major issues and just wanted to seek support or see if anyone has had similar experiences...I have been delivered from many things by the grace of God, but feel kinda lost at the moment...

Ronnie
09-14-2005, 07:21 AM
Hi and Welcome! I hope that you find some support here.

I have always struggled with my weight since the teenage years. I have never smoked though but I know that to free yourself from any addiction is a struggle. Stay focused on the goals and end results and just take one day at a time and you'll get there.

We are always here for you!

bitterdestiny
10-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Hi my story isnt as intense as alot of yours I was built in my mind really nice in high school then I got preganant with my first son and packed on 80 + pounds and his father wasnt the best guy in the world and pretty much said lose the weight or me (I lost him) well Ive never been one to have will power because when I was younger I walked everywhere like 5 miles a day so the thought of actually working out the thought is beyond me! anyways my first son passed away and I went down hill really quick and found the joys of cocaine yep I lost all the weight and my looks and my friends and everything else so that ended that then I had my second son a few years later and didnt gain a thing until I met my husband then it was big dinners, bread at every meal and yep every pound came back well he's gone so I guess Ive already lost 220lbs lol! but now its time to make me happy and my bf now loves every inch of me but I dont so it's time and I hope to find some support here and people to kick me in the butt and keep me moving! well there it is! that's my story.:)

Ronnie
10-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Welcome bitterdestiny! You will find lots of support here. We are all fighting the everyday battle to live and eat healthier. Check out the support group thread http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1470579&postcount=77 and touch base with us. We are always there!

We will reach our goals!!!

indyabrams
12-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Hello!

I'm so glad I found this forum. My husband is in federal prison in florida.

Since his arrest in the summer of 2004 I have gained a lot of weight. Right now I am about 165 (I'm 5'1"). I would like to lose this weight before he comes home which is almost a year away, so I have time. So far I have started going to a gym and working out (Curves) which has helped, both physically and mentally. I am going to start the Zone diet because I did some research and I believe this will be the best diet for me. Other diets I have tried are Atkins, Weight Watchers, and counting calories, none of which worked. So, I will let you know how being in the "Zone" works!

Also, I would like to start running in the evenings after work and classes. I might need some motivation to do this, so if there is anyone who can help motivate me I would appreciate it!

The other forums I usually post to are husbands/boyfriends, federal, here to hear you. I love PTO!!

Ronnie
12-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Welcome Indyabrams!!! Sorry for the delay in responding to you. I guess with the holidays, we have all been so busy. Your current weight is my goal weight! My highest weight ever was 327. I am now teetering around 240. I intend to get this last 65 pounds off of my body in 2006!!!

Also check out the support thread here. We try to check in daily and keep each other motivated. http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133752&page=30

Keep in touch with us! We can do this!!!

tragedy
01-05-2006, 05:21 PM
hi i am 5ft 10 also and i have been a size 9 all my life . i got on this birth control shot called depo vera and gained 50 lbs and i am sooo depressed and unhappy with myself.i have always been thin through out my life so this is new to me but this is hard to deal with.I have no motvation and i keep packing on the pounds and cry everday now.no matter how hard i try to control it this is getting to take a toll on me. I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your story somehow it made me feel like i am not alone

Ronnie
01-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Hello and welcome! You are not alone! We are all struggling and fighting this battle everyday. It is our everyday struggle; but we can't give up or give in.

Getting our minds ready to make a change is the first step in chaning our behavior. Your being here says that you have not given up. We all have our good days and our not-so-good days but we have to keep fighting.

We are always here so please check in with us.

hi i am 5ft 10 also and i have been a size 9 all my life . i got on this birth control shot called depo vera and gained 50 lbs and i am sooo depressed and unhappy with myself.i have always been thin through out my life so this is new to me but this is hard to deal with.I have no motvation and i keep packing on the pounds and cry everday now.no matter how hard i try to control it this is getting to take a toll on me. I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your story somehow it made me feel like i am not alone

billy's angell
01-18-2006, 11:50 AM
hi my name is tiffany and i'm trying to lose weight my doc put me on 1200calories diet i think i'm gonna die my high is 307 i have a long ways to go but i know i can do it this is the first time i seen this forum i think it's great i get support but not like i do here so i gain 90lbs with my first son and 70 with my next then lost a few then had another child packed on another 45 lost some gain it back had my last son april he will be one but i gain 60 lbs lost 10 whoop-t-doo then gain another 45 with all the stress so i can't stand looking at myself in the mirror so i'm doing something bout it so this is my year i was just wondering how many of you how much you lost in one year i know every body is diffrent but just curious i also have a question in the end does your skin go back to normal god i hope so well anyways every body who is doing the weight lose you guys are my role modles if you can i can take care and god bless 06 is my year and 07 my baby will be home :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ronnie
01-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Hi Tiffany and Welcome!!!

In the first year that I seriously tackled my weight, I lost 75 pounds. I exercised doing cardio and weight lifting so my skin shrunk as I shrunk. I still have about 50 pounds to lose. I believe that I will have some loose skin on my legs that I may consider having removed by a plastic surgeon once I have reached my goal. I will try to tone as much that I can on my own first though.

I hope this helps.

hi my name is tiffany and i'm trying to lose weight my doc put me on 1200calories diet i think i'm gonna die my high is 307 i have a long ways to go but i know i can do it this is the first time i seen this forum i think it's great i get support but not like i do here so i gain 90lbs with my first son and 70 with my next then lost a few then had another child packed on another 45 lost some gain it back had my last son april he will be one but i gain 60 lbs lost 10 whoop-t-doo then gain another 45 with all the stress so i can't stand looking at myself in the mirror so i'm doing something bout it so this is my year i was just wondering how many of you how much you lost in one year i know every body is diffrent but just curious i also have a question in the end does your skin go back to normal god i hope so well anyways every body who is doing the weight lose you guys are my role modles if you can i can take care and god bless 06 is my year and 07 my baby will be home :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tia1223
01-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Tia and I'm fat!!! I'm fat and this has got to go! I've gained about 70 pounds since prison popped into my life. I'm now at a whopping 197 pounds. I DON'T WANT TO MEET 200!!! It took me about 3 years to pack it on. I'm miserable on every level because of it. I feel like I'm lugging around 3 small children!! LOL!

I've read all the posts and we all have an eating disorder of some type. We eat too much or eat too little. We feed our emotions and not our bodies. We throw it up or cram it down, but we all have the exact same goal... WE WANT TO CHANGE!! That's the bond that's going to hold us together as we take our journey to a healthier self!

I went to the Wal-mart and brought an inexpensive, easy to read and operate digital scale for 19 bucks. The lines were so close on my old scale I couldn't hardly read it. The numbers on the new one are big and bold. I can actually see them!

This is pretty much the only special purchase I'm going to spend for this diet. Everything I do will be free. Right now, I don't have the extra buckies to spend for special equipment or joining a gym. If you do though, that's fantastic!

I'm starting to walk 15 minutes a day. That doesn't sound like much but it's harder than I thought!! I just walk away from my house for 7 1/2 minutes, then I turn around and come home. Boom, 15 minutes is done just like that. The hardest thing about it really is getting up and out the door! Yall know what I'm talking about! LOL I'm also starting to drink my dreaded water. Ugh, but these two things alone will help get the ball rolling.

Baby steps. This is overwhelming so it's best to do it in baby steps. I'm breaking my 70 unwanted pounds into 5 pound goals. Baby steps!

I'm joining WaitN in the Stats thread of this forum and posting all my particulars so my PTO family can see my progress. If you want to join us, please feel free! Remember, you're not behind, you're just starting so jump right in whenever you're ready! You can do this!! Oh yes you can. You're stronger than you think.

Remember... drink your water! Nothing tastes as good as thin!

I'm motivated and ready to kick butt!
Tia

timeforchange
01-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Hi Everyone Right Now I Am So Unhappy About My Appearance I Have Gone Up And Down Since I Had My First Baby Now I Have 3 I Am 5 Foot 4 And I Weigh 185 Pounds I Absolutely Hate It I Have Had Self Esteem Problems For A Long Time And Now I Just Feel Horrible I Really Dont Have A Actual Goal I Just Want To Be Happy With Me Any Ideas On Where To Start All Advice Will Be Appreciated Thanks =)

Ronnie
02-11-2006, 06:06 AM
Welcome Tia and FlacosGG!!!

Tia - Sounds like you are off to a great start! Keep it up!:thumbsup:

FlacosGG - Just thinking about making changes is the best place to start. We have to be mindful of our behavior in order to change it. Perhaps you need to start slow. Maybe altering one unhealthy eating habit and incorporating a good healthy habit such as drinking more water or a 10 minute walk during the day. Each day brings us a new opportunity to start over. Just take it one day at time. We didn't gain all of our weight overnight and we won't lose it all ovrnight. Just don't give up!:thumbsup:

MrsForeverMine
03-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Hello I am starting weight support and quit smoking. My to bad habbits. I am looking foward to getting to know all of you and to kick these habits. Thanks for being here.

Ronnie
04-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Sorry for the delayed Welcome! Glad you are here! There are support threads for losing weight and quitting smoking. We are here for you!

Lizzbin
05-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Well, I'm only 5'3, and I have always been thin my whole life. But I had a baby in August of last year, and am still carrying around this extra baby weight. I have been really depressed lately because of it, and with my fiancee being gone. I just want it to go away...I guess I'll have to work on that.

RedHerring
05-06-2006, 12:42 AM
I’ve always been a "chunky" girl, but after a disabling injury and medication that is notorious for adding weight I found myself in the ranks of the super obese (it almost sounds like a good thing with the "super" part).
Anyway I am on a diet, but guess you could say I am cheating. I had gastric bypass surgery in February, but still have to keep up with a diet to keep the weight coming off. I started the process of loosing September of last year and so far I’ve take off 74lbs, but it is just a drop in the lard bucket.:o
In and Out french fries are still my biggest weakness. When I pass, and I can smell them in the fryer…it is just cruel I tells ya!:blah:

Ronnie
05-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Welcome! I know how depressing life may be right now but I find that when I exercise I feel better. Even taking a walk everyday makes my mood improve. Concentrate on taking small steps and they will add up to great results! Hang in there! You can do it!

Well, I'm only 5'3, and I have always been thin my whole life. But I had a baby in August of last year, and am still carrying around this extra baby weight. I have been really depressed lately because of it, and with my fiancee being gone. I just want it to go away...I guess I'll have to work on that.

Ronnie
05-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Welcome! 74 pounds is nothing to sneeze at! Try to take it one day at a time. You'll get there! My weakness is ice cream but I have managed to find some lower fat alternatives that taste good; maybe you can find a fry to substitute.

I’ve always been a "chunky" girl, but after a disabling injury and medication that is notorious for adding weight I found myself in the ranks of the super obese (it almost sounds like a good thing with the "super" part).
Anyway I am on a diet, but guess you could say I am cheating. I had gastric bypass surgery in February, but still have to keep up with a diet to keep the weight coming off. I started the process of loosing September of last year and so far I’ve take off 74lbs, but it is just a drop in the lard bucket.:o
In and Out french fries are still my biggest weakness. When I pass, and I can smell them in the fryer…it is just cruel I tells ya!:blah:

distraughtmothe
05-24-2006, 08:34 PM
I an 5'3" tall and weigh almost 40 pounds more than a short person should weigh. I have gained about 20 pounds since my son went to FMC in Lexington 1 yr. 4 months ago. I have never been so heartbroken. I took antidepressants for a time, but feared that they were what was putting the weight on me. I was wrong. After getting off them, I am still gaining. I have to stop this train from running over me. I think this forum will help. I am beginning tomorrow. I read somewhere that if one wants to weigh 135 pounds, as I do, you should multiply that desired weight by 10 (12 for a man). That means I can eat 1,350 calories a day. I am going to try that method by using the WW point system. I will need your help. I am not a very good dieter and as you all know, all of us have insurmountable stress in our lives because of a loved one's imprisonment. I hope this helps or I will have to buy all new clothes. I am popping at the seams in everything I put on. I will report on how I do tomorrow. I will read all of your posts, too, and see if I can help someone myself.

Ronnie
06-01-2006, 07:09 AM
Welcome!

I an 5'3" tall and weigh almost 40 pounds more than a short person should weigh. I have gained about 20 pounds since my son went to FMC in Lexington 1 yr. 4 months ago. I have never been so heartbroken. I took antidepressants for a time, but feared that they were what was putting the weight on me. I was wrong. After getting off them, I am still gaining. I have to stop this train from running over me. I think this forum will help. I am beginning tomorrow. I read somewhere that if one wants to weigh 135 pounds, as I do, you should multiply that desired weight by 10 (12 for a man). That means I can eat 1,350 calories a day. I am going to try that method by using the WW point system. I will need your help. I am not a very good dieter and as you all know, all of us have insurmountable stress in our lives because of a loved one's imprisonment. I hope this helps or I will have to buy all new clothes. I am popping at the seams in everything I put on. I will report on how I do tomorrow. I will read all of your posts, too, and see if I can help someone myself.

rhondax09
06-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Hello to everyone,my name is Rhonda.Im a parole out of S.B,Ca. and also have my fiance in R.J.Donovan.We have 9 children together and today makes 14y. together.He was deported in 01 after doing his time because they say he is a violant offender:blah:Needless to say he was right back within 7 days from getting to ElSalvador.Last month he got busted.They are giving him 10m for the violation(coming back) and are gonna try to deport him again.He's been in L.A. all his life! All his family is here, what can I do? We are trying to find a way to get married, but with me being a parole I cant get any cooperation. Any suggestions?????????????:rolleyes:

2cool4mom
07-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Hi, I'm new. I'm from California, my son is in the fire camp at Konocti, release date 11/12/06. It's been a LONG, hard haul!:rolleyes:

TerriB
07-13-2006, 07:48 PM
HELLO and welcome to PTO CA Forum, we hope we can assist you in any way you my need.

Terri

rrroxanne
07-19-2006, 12:52 PM
;) Ok well here it goes. I have been with my husband for 16 years. We have two daughters and have been in and out of the prison system for many years. The first time he did a 9 month term in fire camp, the next time was a 7 (served 5)year term and the third time was a 10 (serve 8)year term. Before that he was in and out of jail so many times I caould not count the number of times he was arrested. Now here we go again he got a 6 year term with 80% and 594 days credit. So he will do a 3 years and some change. I live in Pomona and right now he is in Lancaster. He just go sent there and is hoping to go to San Diego. I have read the info on PTO many times but never joined. So Hello to everyone. :thumbsup:
rox

TerriB
07-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Hi and welcome to PTO, know that here you are NEVER alone as we are here for you 24/7 - 365 ...

Granted we aren't close enough to hold you when the tears come falling down but we are here to support you, listen to your fears, cheers, stories and anything else you want to give us.

WE ARE FAMILY, FRIENDS here at PTO and you just joined the biggest family on the net!! Welcome!

Barbcali
08-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi, my name is Barbara and my son is incarcerated at Mule Creek State Prison in California. He is coming up for parole and his county of parole is not his last residence and I don't know how to get that changed. Any help would be very much appreciated.:confused:

Shortie Doo Wop
08-02-2006, 08:51 PM
OK so here is my weight story. I was skinny all thru high school. Im only 4'11" so until i hit 22 i was only 98 pounds, i couldnt get over that 100 mark no matter how hard i tried and part of it was a big chest. I was a 36 then.
Then i got a good paying job and my fridge got the bonus of it. I gained and gained. When i got pregnant in 2002, i weighed 165. I got gestional diabetes, luckily or i would have PACKED IT ON..they put me on a strict 1200 calorie diet and u can imagine when ur pregnant and have the smallest amount of food on ur plate ur ready to die! well, i made it all the way to 9 months without really cheating..maybe 3 times I splurged on a DIET ROOTBEER FLOAT and some chili cheese fries. I was 165 (STILL) when i had my son, my whole body just got skinny and I was allllll baby! i was 135 when i left the hospital and my chest was now 44DD so technically im sure i weighed less than that!!! HA HA
now my son is 3 and im back to 157. I got some diet pills from my sister (phentermine 37.5mg) and i only take 1/2 so i wont act like a tweeker. its been about 3 months and as of today I am 142. I dont change my eating habits and i drink nothing but water or diet soda. I lost 5 in the first few days. im going for 135, i want to have another baby but i figure maybe if i lose the weight first, i wont be diabetic again.......3 insulin shots a day and 4 finger pokes with a man who is scared of needles.....just try to give urself a shot on ur side when u are 9 months pregnant...im lucky I could SEE my side! but im hopeful. Im lazy so exercise is out of the question. chasing my son is about all i do. but there is hope for us all. and remember ladies, we have MORE BOUNCE TO THE OUNCE!

lija
08-05-2006, 04:34 PM
My (user)name is lija, I am 26, NYer been living in Cali for last 10... My man got locked up a couple months back. Still not sure where exactly, looking like it might be Lancaster. Its his second bid, first strike, first bid was before I met him (but being I grew up around, um, individuals likely to do time, didn't matter). Caught something like 28mo, should have 3 down. Mostly just trying to figure this (insert bad word if you like) system now that I got somebody in there I care enough about. Any help appreciated, especially now that his mother feels compelled to try all of a sudden to make me look bad. ??!!?? Is this common? She loved me til he didn't come home one night and wow. Now it's my fault and I wasn't even there!!

Sorry for the rant. It's just frustrating, being I don't have much support out here.

MrsDavis
08-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Hello to all the members of PTO...you guys are wonderful, so friendly and eager to help with information...my husband is in CSP Solano in Vacaville CA. He will be home in June 2007. We miss him so very much. Just wanted to say Thank you to all the ladies out there and God Bless...

brendacorey
08-12-2006, 12:08 PM
This website is so helpful to me , I have found out more information here then from anywhere. Well here goes. Hi my name is brenda , My ex-husband ( not legally divorced) has been in and out of the California Prison system since 2000. Being released on parole and violating . This time Mike has been at Wasco Prison, Wasco Ca since Febuary 2006. He was due out August 13, 2006 but we got news that instead of being released hes going to Avenal California. Mike and I have 6 children ( 2 of the six he raised as his own) they are five boys and one girl. 19,17,15,14,10 are the boys and my daughter is 12. The oldest boys have really grown apart from their dad because of his incarcaration. We seperated after he went back the 2nd time. I have found someone else , and Mike understood why i couldnt wait anymore.
I also have someone in a Oregon Prison , My 17 year old son his biological father is in Pendleton Oregon Prison. Where he has spent the last 8 years his release date is next October 2007. We went to visit Pat in July 2006 it was the first time Clayton(17 yr old) had seen his dad since he was 3 monthes old the visit went great. Well anyways nice meeting everyone and good luck with your loved ones Brenda Corey

mamagabzak
08-31-2006, 12:35 PM
I am in Ky looking for old info on sister who was inmate in a calif.prison around 20 years ago,reason for needing info,trying to run down sisters daughter who was adopted while sister was in prison,sister has passed away so cannot provide any info,important medicial info needs to be related to daughter,also would like to see if she wants to know about birth Mothers family.would be thankful for any help.Do not know what prison or exact dates.

imissmybro619
09-11-2006, 12:01 AM
hey i arlene im 25yrs old and my only brother was arrested on june 13,06, my bro's name is pablo, he's 22yrs old he was sentenced to 1 yr at descanso detention facility he was convicted of residential burglary , this is my bro;s first time in jail . i am having a real difficult time dealing with himbeing gone i feel so guilty, u see we had a very rough past my mom is a drug addict and she left us when i was 16yr i have 4 sister and my bro i raisedthem on my own since then and i swear i tried my best but i feel like such a failure

CRAZY BUBBLES
09-23-2006, 01:11 AM
This thread will be for everyone to introduce themselves....post a little, or a lot! It's a sticky, so it will always be right at the top of the Forum.

hey whats up its me crazy bubbles.
i need so help here i dont know how to be able to write a inmate?:confused:

BundySupporter
09-23-2006, 01:17 AM
hey whats up its me crazy bubbles.
i need so help here i dont know how to be able to write a inmate?:confused:

Hi Crazy Bubbles. First of all, which prison do you plan on writing to?

CRAZY BUBBLES
09-23-2006, 01:33 AM
Hi Crazy Bubbles. First of all, which prison do you plan on writing to?
WELL IM NOT SURE YET?
BECAUSE I DONT KNOW HOW TO EVEN SEE THERE PROFILE?
CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?:)

BundySupporter
09-23-2006, 08:14 AM
WELL IM NOT SURE YET?
BECAUSE I DONT KNOW HOW TO EVEN SEE THERE PROFILE?
CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?:)

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and assume that you are looking for a pen-pal. There are a variety of pen-pal ads posted on PTO. They are listed in order from states A-Z.

Here is a link to Pen-Pal Talk - http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=297

Here is a link to just one of the many Pen-Pal Ad Forums - http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=399

nokwesi
09-23-2006, 05:28 PM
:new: HI all, and thanks for the wonderful welcome letter. I am very new to forums and have already made my first blunder (posting a response b4 completely reading the entire thread) :o trust me there are many more where that came from. anyhoo...

I am married (22 years) have 4 children (3 daughters: 26, 14, 12, 1 son, 31), and 3 grandkiddies (8, 6, 2 yikes:eek: ). I am here because my brother is doing time at CCC-Susanville. He is halfway through a 6 year term. I received a letter from him to let me know he has been told he has liver disease (drug use), as well as a bulging disk in his spine. He is in pretty bad shape and we are praying for him, but it really helps to have this place where so many of you have the same questions & concerns I have. It gives tangible evidence that our family is not alone :grouphug:

Be Blessed!
Nokwesi

united
09-29-2006, 02:28 AM
Hi all! I'm :new: to PTO, have a loved one :love: at ISP and look forward to meeting you! :)
I have to admit that I'm a little confused though: is this thread for introductions or about sharing Eating Disorder stories? :confused:
Anyway - I hope that somebody will tell me where to post what - thanks! ;)
Blessings to all of you!
:grouphug:, united

ca_inmate_lvr
09-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi my name is Pam (Robert's Girl), I am really glad I found and remembered this forum. I'd hoped I'd never have to utilize your support services, but here I am. Thank God for you guys. My husband, Robert, was just sentenced to 2 years in a CA state prison. I've had to relocate to Idaho with my daughter, because I just can't afford CA living. He knows where we are, but I'm not sure whether he'll be able to parole here. Thank you guys for being here for me and all the others that need support.

Sincerely,
ca_inmate_lvr
a.k.a.
Robert's Girl

unhappymom2
10-01-2006, 11:39 AM
I am new to here I have a son in prison
unhappymom2

LOVELY52400
10-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Hello Everyone Well Im Sort Of New Here. Thats Because I Registered A Long Time Ago And Never Really Checked It Out Untill My Babys Dad Got Busted . Hes In Centinela And Is To Serve 8years Of An 11 Year Term So Ill Be Here For A Long Time.lookin Forward To Meeting All Of Guys......

ness24
10-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Hello everyone i'm sort of new to all this. I like to read everyones advice/ comments about their experiences. My man is at Soledad Satae Prison. He dosen't get out until Dec of 2007. I just wanted to know how the visits work. This will be my first time visit. Do you have to make appt for contact visits? Hoping to hear from someone soon......

lomas1151
10-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Remanding 11/03...FPC Lompoc. Just want to introduce myself and get some information about the Federal Prison system as the BOP website is no help at all. A Commissay list would be great!

cel's wifey
11-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm from Sacramento, CA and my man is currently in Tracy (DVI). He went in on September 18, 2006 and was transferred to Tracy October 16th. He's expected to transfer to Folsom Ranch this week. I can't wait because that means we're on our way to visits, phone calls, marriage, and family visits. His release date is June 6, 2009 and I'm riding the ENTIRE thing out with him just like most of you.

Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself and I look forward to getting to know you over the next couple of years.

EMiller
11-08-2006, 03:44 PM
:o :o Hey Everybody

I am so glad that I found prison talk I have been through this a few times but this one is the hardest My husband has to do 4 yrs and 10 months This is nice to be able to chat with others that are going through the same issues I am. I just moved from LA:( now I am living in San Jacinto with my mother n law I miss him so. He is serving is time In Iron Wood State Prison only a couple hours away from me. Now I am just waiting to be cleared to go visit they wanted a letter from my probation officer seeing if I was in compliance of my probation. So not to much longer til I can go visit him.:o
Sincerely
EMiller:cool:

slj2rain
11-08-2006, 03:50 PM
I've been posting for a few days already, but I can't remember if I ever introduce myself. My guy is awaiting trial, on Federal charges. He was arrested for posession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He is facing 15-to life. I have really gotten a lot of help from this site and I thank you. So many days I feel like:angry: . Talking helps.

iszzy67
11-10-2006, 01:19 PM
High everyone my name is ismael, I am here because I have 2 brothers and 2 cousins in the system. 3 of them have life and one should be getting out soon. I have 2 in susanville, 1 in Pelican Bay, and 1 in Jamestown. This summer I will be going on tour to visit everyone so I am trying to learn all I can about the visiting process. Thank you for all of your help and I hope to become friends with all of you. GOD Bless. Big IZ

MY BABYS WIFEY
11-10-2006, 03:10 PM
hay all, im new to prison talk. i love this site, soooo much good info. im am a 26 year old mother of one from so cal. my husband was sentenced to 2 yrs 8 months after fighting a 3 strike case for over a year. it was the toughest time of my life. i thought i was loseing him forever. thankfully we had a great lawyer that we found through research. i love all the support here after all not alot feel what we go through. and there arent many resources, when you call the prison its hard to even get through to a live person. all we can do is make daddy as comfy as possible with love and support untill he comes home. I LOVE YOU DADDY!!!

JMK
11-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Hi there! There is a forum set up that is dedicated to Soledad (technically called Correctional Training Facility, or CTF) and Salinas Valley--both prisons are on the same property. Here is a link to that forum, where you will find lots of information on visiting and everything else:

http://prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=647

Hello everyone i'm sort of new to all this. I like to read everyones advice/ comments about their experiences. My man is at Soledad Satae Prison. He dosen't get out until Dec of 2007. I just wanted to know how the visits work. This will be my first time visit. Do you have to make appt for contact visits? Hoping to hear from someone soon......

peanut_n_jam
11-13-2006, 12:36 AM
wassup everybody
my name is jahmela, and i am young and in love with my baby. last month, i damn near went insane from missing him so much, but now that i found this site, i know that i'm not alone. this site is a great resource tool, and i would recommened it to anyone dealing with the prison system. my baby got sentenced to 3 years in june, got credit for time served witch cut it down to 2 years and some change, and then got 50% off of that for good behavior...whew!! for the time being i'm just goin ta school, stackin, and preparing myself and him, for his release mid next year. so thank you to the staff members for putting together this website and to the many members who participate in keeping this website going. mAnY BlEsSiNgS To EvErYoNe!

ra.culver
11-14-2006, 12:12 PM
I've finally found a place to get into contact with other former offenders and get information concerning our plight! I just got out 2 and half months ago after serving a 5 year sentence in TDCJ (texas). I'm new to Cali and I don't really now how things work out here. I'm really struggling to find a career that I can get into without my record being held against me. Also, I don't have any friends out here:( , especially friends who've been where I have been. Also, I left my girlfriend in TDCJ. She might have to do a few more years and I need to know how to help her in any way I can. If anyone has any suggestions or knows where I can look to find careers that are available to former offenders PLEASE let me know. I start school in January and I'm having a hard time choosing a major that I can actually use. Also, if anyone has any questions or problems with TDCJ, especially the female farms, I know my way around there pretty well.

concernedinkc
11-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Hello everyone. Please forgive me if I am not posting correctly. I am right next door to computer illiterate, but I'm trying. I hope that I am posting to the group in California. If not, maybe someone could help me find my way. I also am not sure how to start or send a new message - so any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. Enough of this - I guess I should introduce myself.

My name is Karen and I live in Missouri. In July of this year I began corresponding with an inmate housed in the SHU of Pelican Bay State Prison. I am certainly a "newbie" when it comes to understanding prison politics, rules, etc. When I joined this group last night (11/16/06), I did so because I had not received a letter from my friend in over a week(which is very unlike him), and I was concerned that prison officials were tampering with or delaying mail on purpose. I thought this group might have information about any current problems happening at PB. My worries, however, might have been a little premature. Today, I received a letter (post marked 11/8/06), so the mail might just be a bit slow.

Thanks for letting me join your group. It will undoubtedly take me hours, days or weeks to figure out how this system works, so please be patient with me. It is nice to know that there is a support group like this in place for friends/family/loved ones of those who are incarcerated that we care so much about. Peace to all of you.

Karen

Monte's girl
11-20-2006, 12:55 AM
Hi everyone, my name is Alicia. I live in San Luis Obispo, CA. My Boyfriend just took a deal for 6 years in prison here. He doesn't actually get sentenced til Dec 1, so that means he's here in county for the time being, but I'm just trying to get a start on all this. We've been together for almost 2 years. I know he'll be there for almost 4 years since he has to do 80%, which is going to be the hardest 4 years for both of us. So far you guys have been so much help in so many ways. I've already been able to five him a heads up about visiting, mail, packages and phone calls so he's a little bit ahead. We're just not sure what level he'll be or where he's going to end up when he mainlines. I'm glad I was able to find prison talk so that I won't feel so alone about all of this and maybe find someone who's man is in there with mine and carpool or something.

He's already nervous that I'm gonna leave him while he's in, but I'm not going anywhere!!!! If anyone has any suggestions on how to make him feel better about that let me know. We've had our share of issues already, but we've always come out ahead, together and much stronger! thanks to everyone ahead of time...

angelnae
11-20-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm Yvonne, better known as nae. I'm am Very new to this, but decided it was a pretty good site after looking over it. I'm actually very shy and very curious. I'm going to school to become a court reporter because of my infatuation with the courts and criminal justice system due to my fiance's conviction. umm. thats pretty much it

jackielovestony
11-22-2006, 03:19 AM
Hello Everyone! I'm Jackie and I live in Las Vegas my soon to be husband Tony was just transfered to CIM chino from the county jail for a parole violation last I heard he is going to be doing 8 months. I have decided to wait for him. Last year this time he did 10 months and i choose not to wait which was a mistake anyway we are back together and I know I want to wait for him and be with him. I will be visiting him as much as I can this time. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions in the coming weeks for now I just have one. Does anyone know how it will be till he can contact me and how soon can i visit? I mean two questions. Thanks

matyrylgrl
11-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Last time I visited PTO was August 2004, Marvin came home September 2004. He was doing very well, his parole officer recommended him to be discharged from parole after 1 year. Then he got arrested last month for possession. Since he is a 2nd striker, judge detained him with a bail of $500,000.00. He is in Men's Central Jail in L.A. and will go to court on 11/29. We're praying that he will not do a lot of time. It's always nice to know that you can always come back and get support from PTO. Thank you for always being here for us. :)

MTracy
11-27-2006, 02:53 PM
I am not sure that this will even reach out to anyone as I have no idea what I am doing. I found pto surfing the web for information. I have not posted anything so I hope this works. My name is tracy and my brother is still incarcerated in Shasta County Jail waiting for transport to Susanville for 2 years. I am ignorant to the rules and regulations like what you can send, what you can't send. The difference between a family visit and a regular visit. How much money they need and what they can buy. Just the same old things that we all asked i suppose at one time or another. I heard that the prison takes 1/2 of any money you send. Is that true? I don't know if he is going to stay in high desert or not. I don't even know how to find out. I will keep reading all I can read on this site and by the time he is out, perhaps I can help someone else. Thank you very much Tracy

MRS LIL FRAZ
12-02-2006, 01:42 PM
:wave: Hi, my name is Michelle AKA: Lil Fraz by my baby:heart: I am in Sacramento Calif. My Fiancee and I were forceably seperated in 2004 when he was remanded back to custody, the same morning we were on our way to Mexico to be married. We may be seperated in body until 2010, but never to be seperated in sprit. He is at California Rehabilitation Center in Norco Cali. I travel the 950 mile round trip to see him about every 3 months. Our plan is to be married in March 2007. A day I feel can't get here fast enough! I am new to this site and very happy it is here. I am also looking forward to getting to know ya"all. Thank You for being here.

SiobhanOLS
12-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi, I just discovered these forums and look forward to learning much. Through the compassionate correspondance program at my liberal church, I have just begun writing letters to a woman on California's Death Row at Chowchilla. I hope to be a friend to her and help her as I can.

Stevesgurl
12-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Hello,
Im a newbie to the forums. I have a dear friend in Corcoran 2. Im learning alot and I'm please there are websites like these.

corcorancutie
12-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Hey All

i have been around few a minute now andnot too sure if I have officiallyb introduced myself. My loved one is housed in the C yard of CSATF (Corcoran2), he is not scheduled for release until 2014, it is a long road until we can make it to our destination, but there is something so special, I can't help but wait for him:thumbsup:

prisonnursetoo
12-16-2006, 02:06 AM
i was a nurse for cdc in central ca. for 10 years; the last 2 spent as director of nursing. i tried hard to buck the system and advocate for my patients. i saw horrible abuse and sadistic neglect that led to me having a nervous breakdown. i suffer from panic attacks and severe ptsd from what i witnessed. i am currentl in a treatment center for my illnesses. it has completely ruined my life. i have been living in treament centers for 4months now, and my doctors estimate at least another month or 2. the department completely abandoned me when i left- i received phone calls from officers and medical staff threatening my family& i. i would like to hear from inmates & family members and be able to offer insight or information. i would also like to volunteer to assist any advocacy groups to hel effect change- i witnessed first hand what goes on, and have lost my ability to live a normal life as a result. would love to hear from anyone & offer help where i can. god bless. regards, mary:angry: :confused: :eek:

G.Leyva
12-18-2006, 12:27 PM
MY NAME IS GLORIA AND MY SOON TO BE HUBBY HAS 20 MORE MONTHS HE IS CURRENTLY IN DVI WE HAVE BEEN IN EACH OTHERS LIVE FOR ABOUT 11 YEARS I LOVE HIM WITH ALL MY HEART IN JAN 07 OUR SON WILL BE BORN AND THE END OF 08 HIS DADDY WILL BE HOME.:thumbsup:

Freedomsmom
12-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Hi, I'm Missa.

I live in SoCal and my daughter's father is currently incarcerated in Menard State Prison (Illinois) for the next 38 years. I am not really new to the boards as I was a lurker for quite awhile but, just started posting a few days ago. I look forward to getting to know others!

TMW
12-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Hi all. I am new to this and hope I'm doing it right. Oh well....

We (my family) have a very close family friend(practically a member of our own) who is incarcerated at Lancaster State Prison in CA.

I am looking to find out any recent info on the prison itself and how to navigate the system. It has been a very long time since I have dealt with a jail or prison and I want to know enough to be able to be a help to our friend from the outside.
I think it's wonderful to have a site like this. Having a support net and people who can understand where you are coming from is so important. So, thank you to those of you who launched this and may God be with each and every one and give strength to make it through.

Lisamara
12-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Hi ! I just wanted to thank all of you who run and post here on this site. My best friend from high school (we have been friends for over 28 years) has just been sent to prison at Avenal in CA. It is all so overwhelming for everyone concerned. I have so many questions, and I have found many answers here so far. I just wanted to express my thanks. I look forward gaining knowledge here to help him and help me learn about the system and how it works (or does not work from what I have read in some of the posts :().

~Lisamara :)

BigDaddy72
01-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Hello everyone,

I am from Central California and my girl is at V.S.P.W. in Chowchilla. She's served 3 years with 2 more to go. I've recently been learning the ropes of visiting. I think I've got it down now!

I appreciate all the information, advice, and kind words that I have recieved since I joined.

thanks

misspriss2
01-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone, I'm from Southern California. My fiancee has been in NKSP since 11-16-06. I miss him sooooo much. He's in CE 91, anyone have a guy there?

Face2Face
01-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi ladies...Im from So. Cali, living in Riverside County. My husband is in Solano State Prison in Vacaville CA. He will be home in June 2007.:p

silent619
01-12-2007, 04:42 AM
Member Name: Silent619
Since : Jan.11, 2007

S FONT<U/>] LUCADIA HANDWRITING FONT[QUOTE][/QUoOTE]HAVE THINGS REALLY CHANGED THAT MUCH IN THE PAST FEW YEARS? </U>BURGUNDY FONT - OR AM I JUST STUCK ON STUPID?burgundy font>

From carepackages to phone calls per month! its a trip! I remember having to call n practically beg them to <B/><Italic/>restrict</Italic> collect calls, When I put 50 bux on his books n they actually got the whole 50 bux, not 22 n some change! :idea:Anyone going up there this Saturday for a visit? Want a co-pilot...maybe just some company?? I was planned a to drive up there for saturday but my cars outta commission till I get it fixed. Soooo, (lol) if anyone going from S.D. area interested...
:D

crackers
01-12-2007, 05:23 PM
I guess this is a re-introduction. I had joined a few years ago but this intro thread wasn't here at the time. I haven't been on the site in about 2 years but my husband has just gone back into the system. He is still in county waiting trial. Anyway, I'm from Southern CA with a husband at OC Main and i'm not sure where's he's going to end up this time.

Deanzgurl
01-14-2007, 04:13 AM
Hiya guys, this is my introduction I suppose..Im Megan and Im obviously new to this lol. Anywho nice to meet u all...

Deanzgurl
01-14-2007, 04:14 AM
Hiya, this is m'intro

babyluvsears
01-14-2007, 04:19 AM
Hi everyone I am in southern CALI as well Los angeles county (SGV) my boyfriend is up North right now in r/c at dvi but most likely going back to Sac, New Folsom. TOO far to visit!

PBPaulette
01-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Hello...I am also new to the Forumn. Just started visiting a friend in the PBSP SHU. Ever since my last visit all I want to do is bring as much happiness to his life as possible. He is not only in the SHU but in a plexi-glass cell because he has not been able to behave himself. He takes full responsibility for his actions which I admire. He is 43 and has NEVER been outside of a jail or prison since the age of 16. PEOPLE DO CHANGE AND GROW, especially when we get older!! I hope to meet some people in this forum who not only understand this but want to enrich the lives of those inside. Life does not need to end behind bars, we need to support these men in a way that they have yet to experience..unconditional and accepting, not of their past actions, but of who they are today, and what they want to do about living life in the future.

Waitin4BlueEyes
01-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi all,

Well I've been lurking around for a little while:p and I figured since I find so much info and so many friendly people on here I should join the crowd:cool:
Here is a little about me: My name is Jennifer and my fiance is at SVSP, this is his 4th transfer since '03 so we've kinda been up and down the state. We have a 3 year old daughter together and her & I just recently moved to Oregon. Now we are really missing him:(
We have a little over 2 years to go, then hopefully, if all goes as planned, he will parole here to Oregon.
I plan on visiting him a few times a year, so it would be great to get to know some of you who visit there!

MrsRaybon
01-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Im new to this but ready to stand by my man...currently in soledad, will be posting a carpool add in that thread soon, so anyone from the Frisco, Bay Area loooking to carpool hit me up!!

Mr. RS
02-02-2007, 01:51 AM
We've been writing a friend of ours, and amid all the gloom and doom of his sentencing we dug up this site. Maybe this e-mail like atmosphere will lift:cool: some of the sad faces I must deal with, it rubs off, and we hope that everyone who reads this has a silver lining somewhere. Our best to you all. I must gather up the troops and we are all rung out from the day. I will go check the snail mail, watch the redhead smoke, and be happy that we got this far. More later ta RS

bsugar
02-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi,
My name's Beth and I'm a single mom of 3. My boyfriend is at Wasco. I love this chat website. I finally don't feel so disconnected. I look forward every night to going on here and finding out information for my honey. He has asked me to check into something about Arnold Schwartzenegger and cutting prison time. He's asked me twice now. Has anyone heard about that? Also he was moved to the Gym building. I don't know what that means - is he still in receiving or whatever they call it?

Thanks again for all your information.

SpicaRigel
02-05-2007, 07:25 PM
hi everyone, i live in the san gabriel valley, and have been a member since2002 have friend incarcerated in michigan, but of all the crazyn things just heard from a friend down in imperial, who i've known awhile. anyway, figured it was time to say hi to my california neighbors! nice to meet you all. great info here!

peacefulwarrior
02-17-2007, 08:34 PM

My son is at Tehachapi State Prison. Arrived yesterday, 2/18/07 in reception. He's doing 2 years with half. I have 100 questions! Any help you can give me regarding winding through the system to reach him, I need all the pointers of how to do it. Also, what about my letters to him, how to put $ on his books, when I can send him books to read, how long reception is at this point; I hear it varies. What happens in reception, how do they get help if they need it in there, what other inmates experience on the yard, what inmates' reactions are to being cooped up 23 hours a day. Obviously, I'm new at this. Any help will be so appreciated. Thanks! Peacefulwarrior :confused:

aprilnshane
02-20-2007, 11:40 AM

Looking forward to meeting you!my name is april.Im a single mom of 3 kids 11,9,and 6.My husband is in corcoran state prison.He has about 6 months left. Ive been feeling alittle alone.Glad to meet people doing the same thing being mom and dad.Need friends

nandosheart
02-22-2007, 12:41 AM
I"m kinda sorta new... been viewing for along time, decided I better join as I'm about to have questions of my own. I have a very good friend in Pelican Bay..He was moved to the SHU a few months back and seems to have really built up a wall around himself. He's doing Life and I don't know why he got put in SHU and I won't dare ask, but I know he was in ASU for a while about a year ago and then moved back to the gym. I have no Idea what to possibly say or do for him but he seems to have just totally given up on everything.

esmie77
02-22-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm pretty familiar with the system since my cousin is doing life and has been in for 10 years now. He is in ISP, but my man is now also doing time and he is in NKSP. He is currently in B block reception. He was sentenced to 16 months and did 2 already in county. now it's just counting down the rest.

PBslilsister
03-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Hello Everyone,
I so appreciate that this site is here. It feels like such a lonely situation to be in and I think it will help to connect with people here. My brother who is Bi-Polar and had been estranged from my family almost 20 years had a psychotic break and killed his best friend. The year before this happened he had been writing me letters and now I am one of only a few people in his life on the outside that care about what is going to happen to him. It has been extremely difficult for him to access the mental health care that he needs. The LA County Jail seems downright abusive. They actually took him completely off of his meds for over three weeks. He was hullicinating and he still suicidal and obviously has the potential to be homocidal. No one there really seems to care.... He is now finally on medication but not at the level he was at before he was arrested. He has a heart condition and was scheduled to have surgery before this happened. Now he's refusing because he just wants to die. The whole thing has been very stressful for me and some others in our family as well. But mostly for me it seems... I'm the "too sensitive" one in the family. It's a crazy family we are from... and I really don't want to be involved with them and at the same time hope to be supportive to my brother. Thanks for listening.

ilovemyshaun
03-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Hello.. unfortunately I am having to post again about My Husband going back. Parole Violations.... I dont know how long he will get hes only been in for about a week now. Thanks everyone for your love and support, I am trying to stay strong no matter what we face.:)

pacskye
03-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi. My name is Teresa, and you people are the best. You are just so understanding, compassionate. I have a penpal in Solano. I met him sort of by accident. I have only written to him once. But. What strikes me is how much he is on my mind. I talk to his family online. I guess the bottom line is care for each other. Do what you can to help out. Bless you all, and your loved ones. Peace. Teresa

JEREMYSBABYGIRL
03-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Hello to all the ladies and gents. My name is Tara AKA JEREMYSBABYGIRL, or Jeremys stupid kid as he so lovingly calls me. :D . I am 28 years old and a working mother of 4 kids. Jeremy and I met a year ago. He is an amazing man with a sorted past the he just can't seem to escape. He just went back to Chino a few weeks ago and is waiting to be moved to god only knows where. This is the second time he has gone in since I have known him, for parole violations. His 7th or 8th term, I can't remember which. I stumbled upon this forum, purely by accident and fell in love with it. Everyone here seems to be so nice and helpful to one another, which I just loved. I look forward to getting acquainted with all of you.:thumbsup: Any one can feel free to email me at any time at personal email removed per pto guidelines. I would love to chat with people in the same situation as me. No one I know can relate to the feelings and thoughts going through my head at this time, as they haven't ever loved someone locked up.

Thanks for being here,

Tara/ JEREMYSBABYGIRL.
:grouphug:

wisewoman
03-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Hello to everyone here on the boards. Just joined yesterday, my name is KimbraLee aka 'Wisewoman'. Until last year, I never knew much about prison and had never even known someone who'd been in. In the spring, I decided to have a pool put in my backyard and hired a well-known pool builder to do the job. As it turns out, my pool project manager had been in prison in the past, gotten out and was doing a great job of making a life for himself and his girlfriend and son. I had a lot of admiration for that, and we became friends. He spent a lot of time in my yard because he said that he absolutely loved the way me and my family (I am a single mom of 5 kids) accepted him and never judged him or treated him with any disrespect, even knowing his past. As we got to be closer friends and the pool project neared the end, he knew that I was going to need a lot of landscaping, sprinklers, etc. done and asked me if I would be willing to give some of his friends the work so that they could also make an 'honest' living as they got out of prison. I told him of course, and that as long as they gave me a day's labor, I'd give them a day's pay. Over the next 4 months, I met and became friends with five more ex-convicts - shared my house with them (during the days, of course), cooked for them, worked on re-building their belief in themselves, helped them get to their court dates, etc. They all became close with my family - and in a very appropriate way, my kids and I all got an education on what prison is really like and learned about our real criminal justice system. The guys always had nothing but respect for us, took responsibility for their choices, were honest with us - and I always treated them as though they could be trusted ... so, guess what? They were always trustworthy around my home and my famliy. :thumbsup:

One of the guys who worked for me and I got to be better friends than the others. He was a little different than the rest of the 'pack'! I met his entire family and threw him a huge birthday party (still says it was the best day of his life!) in my new backyard. Then, at the end of the summer, in September of last year, he let the wrong guy borrow his car. This other man ended up assaulting a lady and stealing her purse and then coming back to where Chris was staying. He got followed by the cops and they arrested both of them for the crime. I worked closely with the investigator on the case. We finally got the other guy to plead guilty to his crime and he was given community service (first offense in California) - Did they drop the charges on Chris? No. Chris was offered a deal (for the same exact crime) of 9 years!!!!!!!!!! He continued to maintain his innocence - we fought with the DA long enough to get the deal down to 2 years and a strike with 85% - and he finally signed in February (facing 16 yrs. if he had been found guilty at trial). During the entire time he was in county jail I visited him twice a week - my older girls went too - we wrote letters - became the best of friends and finally realized in January that we were in Love! He's now in receiving in NKSP - haven't seen or talked to him in about 6 weeks - miss him like crazy. When he comes home, he is moving in with me and we will eventually take his 3 boys ages 6, 5 and 4 back from his Mom, and between us, with 8 kids in all - we will be a family.

I'm a believer that everything happens for a reason. I never asked for this journey - but I have asked many times for a wonderful, sharp, loyal man who I could be best friends with first and partners with forever - Chris is the one! So if this is the price we had to pay - look at the gifts!!! Wow, I am one blessed girl and I wouldn't trade him for the world!!!:p

Thanks in advance for the friendship, warmth, information and support I know I will find here. You are an amazing group of people - I nosed around this site for months before finally deciding to join and it makes my heart warm to watch people be held in compassion and lifted up by others on this site. I can only hope I get a chance to do the same for someone while I'm here...

So honored to be part of this family!

Kim

mamababy
03-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Hello My name is Shawn. I was raised in Mexico. When I came to the USA I have been called by my first name but I prefer Shawn. I came here because my husband who I married 10 years ago, is a Disabled American Veteran and was suffering severe Post traumatic Stress disorder and was undergoing treatment when a crime he was accused of popped up 11 years later which he had no knowledge of and was arrested. I have been stuck in America. Having to leave my family and working to get my husband home.Because of my husbands illness he is an EOP which I am trying to understand how the prison system works and was sent to Mule Creek. I am not going to go into detail what took place. I have repeated it so many times to so many attorney who say they listen, take my money and then I wait with false promises and no return phone calls. They have the money so now they have no time and keep postponing working on his case. Any ways I promise to tell my story when I am more rested.

I hope to find help , knowledge and a support system to fill my days and help me through this.

Danny'slilbit
03-18-2007, 09:21 AM
This site is new to me and kinda confusing, but I think I will get the hang of it. Not quite sure where to post thread about help with a ride to baseline cc in jamestown ca. I haven't seen my man in a month and a half and I have no car. I would be willing to help with gas if there is anyone in the general surrounding area of stockton who could help.

Thank you Tammara

Danny'slilbit
03-18-2007, 09:33 AM
My name is Tammara and I'm also new to this sight. My friend just got out of Pelican Bay and (the shu). Just let your friend know that you are here for him and you will always be. Just keep writing him.I"m kinda sorta new... been viewing for along time, decided I better join as I'm about to have questions of my own. I have a very good friend in Pelican Bay..He was moved to the SHU a few months back and seems to have really built up a wall around himself. He's doing Life and I don't know why he got put in SHU and I won't dare ask, but I know he was in ASU for a while about a year ago and then moved back to the gym. I have no Idea what to possibly say or do for him but he seems to have just totally given up on everything.

mstee_ms
03-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Hello ladies,

My name is Tania and my Man is currently incarcerated in Calipatria Sate Prison in California he has been there for the last 5 yrs and will soon be home in less than 1 yr.
Anyways I LOVE MY BABY LOVE MR.CREEPER

Queen Tee & King Creeps
Always & Forever

MsTidWell
04-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Hello Everyone, My name is Nycee and my fince is being transferred to DVI in California soon. We plan to marry before he arrives to the prison. I am totally new to ALL of this. His charges are minor: probation violation. He has NO domestic violence. I am totally NEW to the site and i may need a quick tutorial. I know i need as much info as possible because eventually i'd like to have family visits. We do have a son who will go to the visits with me. Please help with any information possible. I'm hoping to meet a friend so that we may travel through this unfortunate situaation together.

ptowell1
04-11-2007, 07:26 PM
I am new to all of this...my husband will be spending 16 mos in a CA prison for felony DUI I am hoping to get some advice on how to talk to him and write to him Just don't know what to do.

Laneintraining
04-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Amy. I am a journalism student at CSUH. I joined this site to gather research about prison systems as well as to get in touch with PTO members interested in being interviewed (via email or on the phone). I would love to hear about the hardships you've faced and the difficulties people go through while being incarcerated.

My initial stories will be on:
- medical treatment available to prisoners (or lack there of)
- rehab programs (RDAP, AA, etc.)
- challenges felons face when it comes to obtaining professional licenses and getting financial aid

If you have any other good stories ideas, I would love to talk to you. I would like to give a voice to felons and prisoners. I do not think their concerns are being reflected in the media today.

Sincerely,
Amy

Royce
04-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Just joined 04-16-07, my wife Susan has just been sentanced to 15yrs+ and we are trying to deal with it. She is in VSPW, Chowchilla, CA and we haven't yet figured out anything to do.

Have tried to submit cdc 106, don't know where that will go ... thanks for your site it has given me much needed insight.

Royce

sugabezy
04-19-2007, 01:19 AM
Hello All. I Am New To Prison Talk. I Joined On April 16, 2007. I Was Looking For Answers Online And Came Across This Site. I Think Whoever Started This Is Heaven Sent And Thank You So Much For This Website. It Is Wonderful To Know That Their Are Others Who Know Exactly What I'm Feeling And Are Willing To Help In Any Way That They Can. As Am I. My Boyfriend And I Have Only Been Together For A Few Months But I Am Going To Remain True To Him As I Wait For The Day He Comes Home. As It Stands I Still Have Very Little Information About His Case But I Do Know He Violated His Parole By Possesing A Weapon. He Was Sent To The County Jail Then Transfered To Chino. A Few Short Days After He Got Picked Up I Went To Jail On An Unknown Warrent I Had. Now That Im Back After Only Two Weeks My Phones Were Cut Off And Now It Is Very Hard For Me To Contact His Family For Information On Him. I Know That This Site Will Be A Great Help To Me And I Am Very Thankful To Have Found It. I Had A Friend Who's Man Was In Chino A Few Years Ago And I Know That A Lot Of The Ladies Carpool And Help Eachother With Their Children And Just Support One Another During Visits. I Think That This Is Great! Once I Get Approved To Visit I Would Be More Than Happy To Carpool Any Ladies From My Area Along With Me To Chino. I Live In San Bernardino And I Have A Lot Of Room In My Minivan Since I Have No Children Of My Own Yet. Love And Hugs To You All! Keep Your Heads Up!

-suga

Ladners Lady
04-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Hello to Everyone. Pretty new to all this too. Thank You for this site. There is so much comfort and support.
My honey is in A yard at Pleasant Valley in Coalinga while I'm here in Oregon.
We've been together about 16 years. He's been in prison 11 years so far looking at possibly getting out by 2021. I don't remember all the charges but basically he's in for murder. Started out as life without chance of parole, but things have been changing for the best with that. No matter what we will be together. It's already been tested and proven.

jesse's_heaven
04-23-2007, 12:41 AM

i am from tulare california 40 and inlove with a wonderful man he calls me heaven and i am very blessed to have him i am hoping to find information on here as well as friends to talk to about the things i feel and the things i cant not deal with alone for alot of people dont understand how anyone can find love behind cold walls.

Oldporkbutt
04-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi, my name is CHRIS. I have a son who is 26 today---he has been in prison since November 2006--he will serve 5 years, this is his second time locked away from us. He had two days to go to get off parole, got arrested again. We live in LasVegas, I had my son parole here, since he was a guest on parole he had to do all of his parole. This time he will stay in California to get off parole after a year. I will be on line for a long time---five years is a long long time. I hope we can all keep our loved ones safe until they come home to us.

guysgal
04-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Hello All,

I am new here. This site has helped me tremendiously! I look foreward to reading the posts.

myfreedom2010
04-27-2007, 01:53 PM
hello,

I am orignally from Cali, San Diego and Los Angeles. I currently live in VA.

I joined today and I hope to stick around for a while. I am currenlty awaiting my fate. Please pray for me and I hope the best for everyone on this site.

May God be with you and your family.

Stephanie

DMontoya
05-15-2007, 05:01 PM
:idea: Hi my name is deanna, I'm takeing care of my sisters 3 boy's.:eek: I was told that she was able to go on line . How could I get her email address. Besides waiting 3 weeks for meto get a letter. Shes in VSPW please help us .

DMontoya
05-15-2007, 05:21 PM
:confused: Hi my name is deanna, I would like to be able to let my nephews talk to their mom on line. How can I get info. It takes for ever to get here mail thro to her. Shes in vspw she graduated the rehab progam in their.:thumbsup: Now shesgoing to school.

DMontoya
05-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi my name is Deanna i'm try to find out how to email my sister shes in vspw. I( was told she dosehave inter net acsess please help.

Tricksie2645
05-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Hi all, I found this site a couple of weeks ago and it has been so helpful. Everyone here is great and willing to answer questions. My son is in DVI Reception since 5/2/07. Sentence 2years. This is a great group. Thanks, know I'll be reading and posting here for the duration.

MRS.ADG53
05-19-2007, 11:06 AM
hello To All My Name Is Jessica. I Wasn't Aware That This Site Was Still Open For Members. I Found This Site One Night Surfin The Net In Search Of Some Answers. I've Been To Other Support Sites But I Most Say This Is The Most Informative, Has More Members That Are Of Many Walks Of Lifes, Different Age Groups:which Allows You That Comfort To Ask What You'd Like & Not Feel Stupid For The Fact You Didn't Know. Everyone Is So Supportive Here. It's Just A Blessin I Thank You All For Comin Here Cause You Are What Makes This Site A True Hugg Of Comfort. I'd Also Like To Thank The Person Who Made The Group Many Blessins To You & Those You Hold Dare.....................jess

DirksWifey
05-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Welcome 2 Pto ! :thumbsup:

danababy
05-26-2007, 10:27 AM
I am new to this . I have so many questions. :( I am not sure if i am even posting in the right place.. :confused:

danababy
05-26-2007, 10:28 AM
can i please get some help?

danababy
05-26-2007, 10:29 AM
can i please get some help?
can I please get some help.

amg55
05-31-2007, 02:02 PM
thanx for your welcome letter, I have a son at tehachapi prison, and man do I miss him. June 1st is his birthday. Mike I Love U, Have a Happy Birthday. Don't know how this works but if anybody knows Mike Q. aka
{smooth} tell him mom says hi!

darkoath13
06-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Greetings!

This is my first time posting on PTO. I have recently relocated to San Diego, CA. I felt very blessed to have this great new start in life. Being so far away from all my friends and family is a little trying. Don't get me wrong, I feel so grateful and blessed to have this new start in life... I was able to be relocated into a great job and got a nice signing bonus and relocation package. But not knowing anyone here, or even my way around my new city very well, I decided to try and get to know someone in CA. I remembered an old friend who had a correspondence going with a female inmate. I thought it might be a good way for me to take the time and really get to know someone very well. We are all in need of a little redemption and when I read her add it really struck a chord in me... she has no family or friends that stood by her. So I am trying to learn all I can about the CA prision system and what I need to do to successfully write and become a good friend. I hope to learn much here! Thank you!

SugarDumpling
06-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Hello Everyone! Im new here, and just wanted to introduce myself..

sanchezla3
06-12-2007, 07:19 PM
My name is Larue Sanchez am from San Jose, Ca. I am 40 years old, have two sons 22 and 17. two grandaughters 3 and 1. Of my 40 years Ive spent at least 10 waiting for first my childrens father who spent frequent vacations behind prison walls. Until 1998 when he was given a life without sentance for murder. By then we had moved on to seeing other people. But we still communicated with each other for ther kids. Now I have been with a guy for 8 years and he is on his third term.The first was a DUI,second was a domestic violence on me in 2000, and now he just started a three year term in DVI for his 7th DUI. We have had a very unstable on again then off again relationship that brings new meaning to the phrase "Agony and Ectasy"... He is the man who owns my heart. Most of our problems are his drinking and cheating. But I still love him and dont see myself with anyone else. We are thinking of getting married this time, But someone said that if there is a past DV charge , Family Visits are a definate No Go. Does anyone know where I can get some info on this??

ro in esco
06-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Hi, I am 56 years old and I have been married 10 years to my husband who is in RJDonovan doing 16 months on a violation. This is the 3rd time in those years that he is doing time in a state correctional facility. The last time he was in prison was almost 4years ago, so this is like going through this for the first time again. I had told him if he went back to prison I would divorce him but......my heart just won't let me. :banghead: It's been very hard going through this again and I just wanted to say it was nice to find this web site to have someone to talk with who know's what I'm feeling. Look forward to talking to some of you in the near future.

malstone
07-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Hi all. I'm 29 and have recently found out that my good friend from when I was 13 or so, has been "locked up" since he was 16. I feel horrible, not having known all these years. I'm waiting for him to write me back still, but I hope that I can help brighten at least some of his days. He is at Pelican Bay, and I know no other details as of now, and it's killing me! Thanks for this site, as it has already helped me to answer alot of questions and I feel supported when the rest of my world seems to be against me.

Lovingmyhubby07
07-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Hello all.. Well I"m 25 years old and my husband is serving time in Folsom, Ca.. My honey was sentenced to 5 yrs with half time, and our time is almost here.. :thumbsup: It broked my heart when my husband first got locked up but it made us alot closer to one another.. I didnt' find out about PTO until last year, and this site is just wonderfuL.. Thanks!! :D

kleverkitty
07-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone,
Im new to the PTO as of today, my boyfriend is in RJ he's been there for a couple of weeks. I don't know much about their system of things, as far as visiting goes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. He is still in reception. This is so hard, and I feel so alone out here. I don't know how much time he will get, and the waiting is killing me. Although I have been through this before with him, weve been together for just about a year. It's his second time in, at least since we've been together. I ask why do I keep subjecting myself to this pain, and I know the answer because I love him. He's a striker, and his time could be up, I pray everyday for him as well as myself. Im hurting so bad, but it feels good to be able to express myself with people going through the same kinds of things. Hope I wasn't too long winded, and thanks for listening.:(

HIS_ONE_AN_ONLY
07-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Ok So My Name Is Amber This Is My First Time Dealing With Someone Going To Prison To Make Things Worse It Is My Husband And Father Of Our Son..... We Are Both Young Both 21 And I Know Its A Very Scary Experience That Is Going To Happen To The Both Of Us.....he Is Still In The County Jail Waiting To Serve His Time
I Have Tooonnns Of Questions So If Someone Can Please Email Me (removed per PTO policy) Or Private Message Me On Here I Would Greatly Appreciate It

HyPhY'z NeNa
07-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Well my is janelle, im from central californai but now living in san diego! im new to PTO! But sorta fimiliar with some stuff from the prison system, but i still have many things to learn and many questions to ask! And hoping to give and receive some support for the next six years until my hubbie gets out! So Hi everybody, and i look forward to this experience, again! :thumbsup:

Lil_Mex_18st
07-19-2007, 03:54 AM
hey que paso, im Miguel im 22 was born in Tijuana grew up in East LA till i was 18 moved to Australia and now im a Tattooist.. yes im a 18st'r but its hard growin up in a place wer u need that living to survive ..

i have a cousin in SV .. hopefully one day i be back in Califas with my own tattoo shop ..

alrato vatos

cuidate

peace..

Petes_forever
07-27-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm new here and I have tears in my eyes to find myself at 29 years of age participating in a prison forum because I have the need to. I guess the way you are raised can somewhat temper your view of the justice system and stuff... I suppose we are all raised to somewhat believe that people in the prison system are somewhat "bad", but now I know that "bad" doesn't necessarily have much to do with it.

I got an automated phonecall that told me that my man had been transferred from county to state custody today, as I had already known was supposed to happen. It was weird, tho, because I'm a pretty heavy sleeper, but around 5:30 am I was tossing and turning, and then I got that call at 5:45 am. We are so connected that I felt his fear and uncertainty, I think.

He should be home around Nov or Dec 08, we think. It seems like such a long time. :(

Thanks for this forum and thanks for listening.

dutchess805
07-27-2007, 10:20 PM
hey my name is Valerie I'm 26 I have a man that's busted in corcoran and is doing 32 to life. we been together since we were 14 years old and been thru so much. I miss everyday that goes by. He is in the gang lifestyle so we saw this coming. But I love him with all my hear and thankful that at a young age we found eachother. i wouldn't change a thing!

Tina
07-28-2007, 03:25 PM
hey my name is Valerie I'm 26 I have a man that's busted in corcoran and is doing 32 to life. we been together since we were 14 years old and been thru so much. I miss everyday that goes by. He is in the gang lifestyle so we saw this coming. But I love him with all my hear and thankful that at a young age we found eachother. i wouldn't change a thing!

Welcome to PTO!

michaela6789
08-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Hi there, I am new here and can't really believe I am here to begin with. A weird situation has brought me here. I went to my 20 yr class reunion this past week and found out that my high school crush (who I have never forgotten about) is at Avenal State Prison. I am not 100% sure that he is at that prison and I really want to send him a letter. I feel so bad for him. Drugs led him there and he came from such a wonderful family with money and everything. I just can't believe it! My husband would not understand and I am currently very happily married BUT I just would like to let him know that someone is thinking about him and hoping he gets out and gets clean.

Does anyone know how I can locate him? I don't have his birthdate or any other info, only his full name. I am hoping that one of you can help me out??

Thanks in advance, Michaela:)

Tina
08-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Welcome to PTO! You can call CDC inmate locator at (916) 445-6713 but you have to have his full name and date of birth or his CDC number. you might be able to call the prison and ask if he is in costody there. Calling the prison is a long shot without some additional info but it is worth a try.

michaela6789
08-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Thank you so much, I will try to do both! I hope I find him!

Thanks again!

DGERE70
08-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Hi Everyone Im New Here Too, My Bf Is In Chino Reception Not Sure How Long He'll Be There I Dont Know Anything About The System So Any Replies Are Much Appriciated!!!!

beajackson
08-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks all of you for the introduction. I am in Lake View Terrace, CA. My son Johnathan is at High Desert State Prison in Susanville.

I would like to chat with someone who can guide me thru the use of this forum. I seem to be sending messages to myself, when I am trying to reply and send information to those persons who have reached out to me.

Any assistance would be great!!

Bea, Johnathan's Mom

ColaBear71
08-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Hello to all in California. I live in the Bay Area most of my life and love it. Well let's see, my exhusband and father of my son is currently in Utah. Our son is 16 1/2 years old. My ex has been in and out of jails since he was born. We have both finally come to a point were we can walk over the bridge from the old bad times to the future. We have been divorced for 13 years. And I am currently happily unmarried. (like Gene Simmons) But I really want to help him out and give him a chance to finally know his son. There have been some recent developments and he might be moved to California. So I went looking for info on the web and found this site. It is a wealth of information. Thank you to all who contribute. The Utah people are talking about relocating him out here to a halfway house. Does anyone know of how to locate the halfway houses? I tried to look online and no real luck. I checked the prison locater site and now it lists him as not in BOP custody. Huh? Thanks for any help you can send my way.
Blessed Be to all.
~Pam

meandshawn
08-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Hi. I am from a small town in N. California. I have lived here all my life. I have a 16 year old son who is senior in high school. We have 3 dogs.

I have been reluctant to write anything as I have never written to people I do not know, exspecially something as personal as my feelings or thoughts regarding any prison issue. This is all very new to me but I am thankful I found this site and that I have a place to communicate with others who are familiar with my situation.

My boyfriend was sent to a 4 year prison term on May 22, 2007. This is our first time in prison. It's an awful and awckward thing to say. "My boyfriend is in prison". (I don't think I will ever get used to saying that). He was sent to prison for a violation of probation. He was on probation for a felony DUI 4 1/2 years ago where some people were hurt. With only 4 more months left of probation, he was charged again with another DUI. That is what sent him to prison.

I am a social worker in my community. I manage a family homeless shelter. I have been doing this for 4 years and I love my job. I get to help many people and children. I get to learn and meet interesting people, those I work for and with and those I serve.

While preparing for his court hearings, we were able to get him accepted into a famous and very successful rehab which is really what he needs. The DA and the judge decided that he would go to prison and not the rehab. It doesn't make sense to me at all but that is what they decided.

Now he is in DVI in Tracy awaiting the word on where he will be spending his time. We are scared, mad, depressed, confused, alone and unknowing. This is a nightmare to say the least.

Well, that is the very short version of our introduction. Thank you for listening.

Yvonne

hisgirl2010
08-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Seems like we have a lot in common. My fiance is also at DVI for a DUI where some people were hurt and I live in a small town in northen California....he got 8 years. we are on the down hill slide of all of this with just under 3 years left. If you need to talk or have any question please PM me.
Heather

rosebud54
08-26-2007, 02:55 PM
I am a mother of an inmate from california.....he has been in and out of the system, jail included several times now. just needing some comfort and some hope. will be ever so happy to talk to anyone.

Rosebud;)

Madhatter
08-31-2007, 06:48 PM
HI!!!!!!!!!

I am new here and have been reading through a lot of the posts. It is so great to know there is support out there for those of us who have loved ones in prison.

My son is at Mule Creek Prison in California now. He was transferred there from another facility. He just seemed to drop off the face of the earth in 2000 and it took me until 2003 to find out what had happened to him. He refused to talk to us - said he had no living relatives - that I was dead. I was devastated to say the least. I thought someone had killed my son and stolen his identity - no way would my son say something like that or do what he was convicted of. I contacted his counselor and sent her a list of questions I wanted answered to find out if it was my son. He got very agitated and refused to answer. But I had sent a picture of him in the letter and she said she was sure it was him - a lot thinner now, but it was him. At least I knew he was alive - but he would not admit we were.

Then out of the blue I received a letter last month. He had given it to a parolee to send out. He has been denying our existence to protect us. He got involved with a group in high school into credit card fraud, weapons, etc. and they have ways of hurting people to keep people quiet. He had tried to get out of this group alive - but then he was arrested for "child molestation".

His public defender didn't do much - he got another one - then that one retired and they gave him back the same one he had before. Evendence to clear him disappeared - the arresting officer's statement even says that his PDA was siezed but never put into evidence or personal property and it had a lot of info on it to clear him. First time offender and he isn't eligible for parole until August 2012. The judge sent the reporter out of the courtroom and told him to take the deal or "get buried in prison".

We don't know what to do to help him since we are in Indiana and he is in California. We have trouble making ends meet as it is and so we can't hire some big time attorney to appeal his case.

He was jumped in 2003 and suffered a blowout fracture of his right orbit but says his eye is still intact. He also had damage to his spine damaging the nerves to his right leg, causing a 25% loss of use. He didn't get xrays until August 2003 for his eye and none were taken of his back. He finally got a cranial MRI in 2005 and the spinal MRI about a year ago. The cranial MRI showed a 15mm growth in the right Thalmic region of his brain and he wasn't even told about it until almost a year after it was done. Nothing has been done to date and he says he is glad due to the medical conditions there.

He is severley depressed and gets panic attacks when there are more than a few people in the room. He's afraid if we cause any "waves" they will put him in general population and he will "flip out". We don't know what to do.

So if anyone here has any ideas I would love to hear from you.

Marti

barelybreathing
09-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi to everyone, my name is Danette and I am a girlfriend of an inmate at the twin towers in LA, awaiting trial. I've gotten one phone call so far for like 8 minutes and one letter. So I know he's alive and I've checked his status on the LA County Sheriff site. This is my first time dealing with anything to do with prison and to top it off I live in Upstate New York, so it took a lot of time to locate him to begin with. Anyway I have been reading many different threads and also have been spending a lot of time prior to finding PTO looking up California penal codes and what not to try and pass the time between letters and actual information on what exactly his charges are, if anyone has info on how I can get that besides waiting for the mail out that would be great. Thank you for letting me read and share.

stressed13
09-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Hi I am new to pco . dont know how things work,help:confused:

stressed13
09-11-2007, 01:14 AM
Hi I am new 2 pco, and have been browsing threw site.
I am releaved to find out that theres help and support out there for people like myself.

I am a girlfriend of an inmate who is in N Kern state prison. I havent had any communication with him 4 about a month. Its so very hard being apart, we have a lil girl who is under a yr old and is very ill, shes been in hospital for months now. I am beside myself with worry and helplessness.:cry:

marcellosmama
09-17-2007, 01:18 PM
HI!!!!!!!!!

I am new here and have been reading through a lot of the posts. It is so great to know there is support out there for those of us who have loved ones in prison.

My son is at Mule Creek Prison in California now. He was transferred there from another facility. He just seemed to drop off the face of the earth in 2000 and it took me until 2003 to find out what had happened to him. He refused to talk to us - said he had no living relatives - that I was dead. I was devastated to say the least. I thought someone had killed my son and stolen his identity - no way would my son say something like that or do what he was convicted of. I contacted his counselor and sent her a list of questions I wanted answered to find out if it was my son. He got very agitated and refused to answer. But I had sent a picture of him in the letter and she said she was sure it was him - a lot thinner now, but it was him. At least I knew he was alive - but he would not admit we were.

Then out of the blue I received a letter last month. He had given it to a parolee to send out. He has been denying our existence to protect us. He got involved with a group in high school into credit card fraud, weapons, etc. and they have ways of hurting people to keep people quiet. He had tried to get out of this group alive - but then he was arrested for "child molestation".

His public defender didn't do much - he got another one - then that one retired and they gave him back the same one he had before. Evendence to clear him disappeared - the arresting officer's statement even says that his PDA was siezed but never put into evidence or personal property and it had a lot of info on it to clear him. First time offender and he isn't eligible for parole until August 2012. The judge sent the reporter out of the courtroom and told him to take the deal or "get buried in prison".

We don't know what to do to help him since we are in Indiana and he is in California. We have trouble making ends meet as it is and so we can't hire some big time attorney to appeal his case.

He was jumped in 2003 and suffered a blowout fracture of his right orbit but says his eye is still intact. He also had damage to his spine damaging the nerves to his right leg, causing a 25% loss of use. He didn't get xrays until August 2003 for his eye and none were taken of his back. He finally got a cranial MRI in 2005 and the spinal MRI about a year ago. The cranial MRI showed a 15mm growth in the right Thalmic region of his brain and he wasn't even told about it until almost a year after it was done. Nothing has been done to date and he says he is glad due to the medical conditions there.

He is severley depressed and gets panic attacks when there are more than a few people in the room. He's afraid if we cause any "waves" they will put him in general population and he will "flip out". We don't know what to do.

So if anyone here has any ideas I would love to hear from you.

Marti

Madhatter, have you called and spoke to his couselor?? Ask him or her all of these questions, you deserve an answer to all of this. Good luck
Pat

DaveStar
09-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi Im Christina And I Just Joined The Group....i Hope Im Doing This Right Im A Little Confussed Lol........anyhow, Im 26 And My Fiance Dave Is In Shafter Ccf (bakersfeild) Im In Orange County.....hes Been In Since July 06 And Will Be Coming Home March 18, 2008....and I Cant Wait....we Hit The 6 Months Left Mark Yesterday.....it Feels Short But Long If That Makes Any Sence.....anyhow Im Just On Here For Support And Some Friends....hopefully I Can Figure This All Out Lol........thanks For Your Time

creekmadian
09-23-2007, 12:37 PM
:) CreekmadianSouthernCalifornia
I am 49 and a mom of two and a grandma of one. My son is being transfered to R J Donovan in San Diego. I run two businesses and go to college. I would like to be able to talk with other people that have loved ones in Donovan and also other prisons.
I found this site while on line and feel its a great support group. Can anyone tell me about R J Donovan? Can the inmates have coffee sent in their quarterly packages? Also can they have their fan that is already on their books? Thank you in advance for any and all information that you can give me on this facility.

creekmadian
09-23-2007, 01:10 PM
MadHatter
My son has been at Mule Creek for over 7 years. It is one of the best prisons to be at here in California. If your son is placed in PC, Protective Coustdy, The prison will not place him in General Population. Know that if he is still at Mule Creek That he is in one of the safest prisons. This prison is a very nice newwer facility. The officers give respect to the inmates that give them respect. Have your son stay to himself as much as posible and get on a program. He will know what that is. Good luck and my prayers are with you and your family.

creekmadian
09-23-2007, 01:18 PM
BarelyBreathing
If you can get his case number you can do a look up on what he is being charged for. Good luck

Dena24
09-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi to everyone, my name is Danette and I am a girlfriend of an inmate at the twin towers in LA, awaiting trial. I've gotten one phone call so far for like 8 minutes and one letter. So I know he's alive and I've checked his status on the LA County Sheriff site. This is my first time dealing with anything to do with prison and to top it off I live in Upstate New

Hi,

do you have the web address for that LA Sheriff site to check a status?
I have not been able to find one, just Orange County

Thanks!

Dena24
09-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Im Dena, I found this site trying to locate the inmate locator phone number, which I did and am on endless hold with them right now!

My younger brother has been in and out of prison since he was 18 (CYA before that), he is 33 now. I am not sure where he is, I believe Wasco but he sent my parents a letter saying he was being transerred to somewhere near L.A. but was pretty unsure (my parents had turned off collect call acceptance the last time he was in)

So I am still holding, trying to find out where he is.......he also was diagnosed with Hep C right after going in this last time. He has all drug charges,possesion, intent and now a parole violation, so he got 3 years out of a possible 7 years.....But I have heard the medical care is pretty much useless and if they move him to Chino they don't even HAVE medical care???

Anyhow, he has really pretty much messed up his life I guess, he has been out and able to get a decent job for a few monthes, then back in for a year, out again, has several children who the mothers lost custody of, even this last time, he was in for a couple monthes, the judge sent him to a year in a restricted rehab facility in Bakersfield (I guess it is an old converted motel if anyone is familiar) But he ran from there after about a month, was MIA for about 3 weeks and then caught and sentenced to the 3 years

Sorry to ramble, I am just glad I found this place and also I feel some guilt, like I should have tried to get him to move down here where I live and try to help him a few years back, before he got so far down and got sick

But thought I would introduce myself, I am in Orange County also

lilycm
09-30-2007, 12:24 PM

Sam's girl

:D I lost `150lbs. no pills no surgery ALL WILL POWER... You are 5'4 so try eating 1200 calories a day and exercise 30 mins 5 times a week. Diet should consist of: lots of fruit, lean meats (Subway sandwhiches awesome with extra veggies) yogurts and 2 liters of water a day. GOOD LUCK!!! And I'm around if you have any questions.

lilycm
09-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi ladies,
well what can I say...My cousin Anthony whom is very handsome and looking for a penpal (I have pic. he's hispanic but has blue eyes, he's 6'2 and fit) he is in Avenal State Prison. My fiance is in corcoran state prison. Me, i'm just me.

California Sunshine
09-30-2007, 12:44 PM
welcome all :)

goddesssurvival
10-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Hi, I'm new here so I'm a little nervous lol. I never expected to find a site like this, that seems sooo supportive!! I'm in Cali with 3 kids. My bf went away at the end of last year. Trying to deal with that emotionally. On another note, I have a lot of extra weight I'd like to lose! Since my third child, it has just stayed on and added. :(

michelle stebbi
10-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Hello,

I am Michelle, a single mother of four children and I spend all of my spare time tying to help my b/f; pen-pal who is in the FCI at Bennettsville, SC.
I need help in locating inmate advocates in the medical field.

If you can help please send me info, I'd appreciate any advice.
Thank you bunches

Michelle

creekmadian
10-10-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm sorry but I dont have that address. If I find one I will send it to you.
If you have an email I can send it straight to you. But I will for sure place it on here for you.

creekmadian
10-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Hello everyone, I am new at this and need some information if anyone has any. I would greatly apperciate hearing from anyone. My son was just transfered to R J Donovan in San Diego, California. I need to know how to send him money through a new program that is online? I need to know what that address is online. Also I would like to know anything about what I can send him and the amount of items like stamps, writing paper, envelopes, and pictures? I have tried calling the prison but no one ever answers the phones other than a recording. PLEASE help this mom find out information? Please?
Thank you all so much in advance for any and all the help.
creekmaiden

BlessTheInmates
10-24-2007, 03:44 AM
Bless the Inmates!
My heart goes out to everybody suffering with an incarcerated loved one.

My son is in SP4 and on his way to Cal St Pr La Co Lancaster. He is a first time offender and was given 5 strikes. Forgive me for posting this in another forum earlier. Please direct me if I'm out of sync where I should be posting.

Bless the Inmates!

I'm in California. Thank you for this website. I would be in the dark without the abundant information that all of you are doing here with information and sharing.

My sons lasd.org status is SP4
Custody Release
Agency: LSP
Agency Description: Cal St Pri La Co Lancaster

I read something about the facility being converted to being a reception only? Where will they send the inmates from there now?

I was hoping to find others who have loved one's in the same facility who would be willing to help us understand proceedure a little better. I've read the guidlines. This prison doesn't have a main topic in the Prison threads that I can find. But I did find some information in the "Other California State Prisons" topic area. It was very helpful. I see so much information it's almost overwhelming.

When can I call the facility to see if he's there yet?
Are there absolutely no visits ever allowed in reception?
Can we as parents and his brothers visit on a family visit?
If so, how many adults can go?
Is it a cottage or similar for the visit?
Once every year family visit? How often?

On a regular weekend visit, are appointments needed each time?
We must wait 6-8 weeks between regular weekend visits?
How do we set up the appointments?

I appologize for so many questions. If anybody can lead me to others who are familiar with Lancasters Facility, I would be so very grateful.

Love and Blessings!
Bless the Inmates

waiting again
10-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Hello everyone, I am new at this and need some information if anyone has any. I would greatly apperciate hearing from anyone. My son was just transfered to R J Donovan in San Diego, California. I need to know how to send him money through a new program that is online? I need to know what that address is online. Also I would like to know anything about what I can send him and the amount of items like stamps, writing paper, envelopes, and pictures? I have tried calling the prison but no one ever answers the phones other than a recording. PLEASE help this mom find out information? Please?
Thank you all so much in advance for any and all the help.
creekmaiden

Hello,

I am new the site and I think it is absolutley wonderful. My fiance was just transferred to Donovan a week ago. Although I don't have all the answers I do have a number and I hope it helps.

I always get an answer at (619) 661-6500 press "0" for an operator. They can direct you to the right person. They have answered all my questions.

trisa
10-30-2007, 12:25 AM
I met my fiance while we were in the bay area of California... I was so naive about the probation system, and how it worked. I found a new job in Oregon, and we decided to move, taking advantage of a clean slate. I learned only later that he was absconding from probation, and a warrant was issued. My fiance was extradited from Oregon after a month (where I am now) to Fresno County Jail this last week. He is now in Fresno County Jail, where he was previously arrested.. He was in Wasco State Prison before I met him... I thought it was all behind him. But he stopped reporting, and they have gotten him for a few probation violations. I know that it is completely infinitismal compared to what some of you are dealing with - there are women whose husbands are facing life, and I admire your strength to no end.

I am now in a state where I know barely anyone, and my very heart and soul is a 12 hour drive away.

Thanks for your support girls.

MissinMyMan25
10-30-2007, 12:30 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I moved away from my fmaily and friends to be with Jeremy and then he got locked up for 1-9 yrs. (we don't know exactly how long yet) I feel lost. I don't know hardly anybody and I trust noone that I've only just met. I'm here if you need to talk. PM me anytime!:D

I met my fiance while we were in the bay area of California... I was so naive about the probation system, and how it worked. I found a new job in Oregon, and we decided to move, taking advantage of a clean slate. I learned only later that he was absconding from probation, and a warrant was issued. My fiance was extradited from Oregon after a month (where I am now) to Fresno County Jail this last week. He is now in Fresno County Jail, where he was previously arrested.. He was in Wasco State Prison before I met him... I thought it was all behind him. But he stopped reporting, and they have gotten him for a few probation violations. I know that it is completely infinitismal compared to what some of you are dealing with - there are women whose husbands are facing life, and I admire your strength to no end.

I am now in a state where I know barely anyone, and my very heart and soul is a 12 hour drive away.

Thanks for your support girls.

msquin30
11-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Hello my name is Quinetta, and I have met a man currently incarcerated in Calipatria. I have strong feelings for him, and I dont have anyone that understands and then I find this website:) I am looking for support and advise how to proceed as well as if anyone in my area or surrounding area does carpooling.

pinto
11-04-2007, 07:30 PM
hi im new and want to talk to any one that has a loved one in lancaster s.p

OZUNASMAMMAS
11-15-2007, 03:07 PM
HELLO, MY LOVED ONE IS IN AVENAL,
WE'RE DOWN 1 YEAR WITH 2 MORE TO GO.
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PROVIDES ALL
THE HELPFUL INFO, IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
I'M A LATINA FROM THE O.C. AND ALWAYS LOOKING
FOR CAR POOL BUDDIES, I LIKE TO VISIT ON SATURDAYS.
GOD BLESS

friendofhis
11-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Hey Ladies,
I Just Found This Site! Wow!!!!! Lookin For Shared Carpoolin To Calipatria! My Bestest Friend Is There1 Tomaorrow Is His Bday, And Its Been A Long While Since I Have Seen Him. Holla Ladies If We Can Carpool Or If Ur Special Someone Is There Too!:d

jsikaleigh
11-22-2007, 04:21 AM
Hi, My name is Jessica, I left my husband in Cali to move in with his mother until he gets out. He just got sentenced to 2 years in Wasco with half time so he should be out in 6 mnths!!!!!!

I have been doing allot of reading on this website and am very greatful to everyone for the information they have shared.

I probally won't get a welcome letter since I am registered as a user in SD, so I wanted to take this time to say hello and let everyone know I am here.

Two Questions:

1. I read that I won't be able to visit since I am the co-defendant, (Is it correct to pursue getting this esponged??)

2. He served 6 months in county; Does he get credit for 8 months before he goes to Wasco or is he sent there with 6 months credit?

missesherbro
12-05-2007, 06:28 PM
hello i still dont know how to move around in this forum but im trying my best so if anyone can help ill be thankful....

well where should i start.... im 24 and i weigh 285 pounds i hate my body and i hate myself for being so fat.. i have 4 brothers and im the only girl so its even harder.......

my older brother has told me he will pay my gystric bypass but i dont know where to go or how much it cost since all these doctors are coming out to be fake

im the heavy one of my family...... and it sucks so if anyone has 411 on a good doctor in la get back at me

Tobermorrie
12-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the nice introductions and for the excellent work you do for PTO. I am very grateful that you are here to help we "nebies" find our way around!

My beloved first-born was sentenced to 20.4 yrs @ 85%. He has been in 3 1/2 years, now, and probably because it's the holiday season, I am missing him even more than usual! My son was sentenced under our lovely California Mandatory Minimum laws, which are becoming my personal vendetta. These laws, in so many instances, are the cause of what in many countries would constitute, "cruel and unusual punishment," due to the fact that they are poorly written, and that they remove judicial discretion from judges, and put it into the hand of D.A.'s! So far, I've been unable to unearth an organization that is taking them on, so I am now trying to figure out how to start one! :o If anyone has any bright ideas of how I might start, I would really appreciate your thoughts.

Until the end of October I worked for a hospice agency, doing what was emotonally challenging, but rewarding work. I am now trying to figure out what I want to do for my next adventure. :)

I married my honey on November 3, of this year. I have a daughter who is lovely, accomplished, and one of my best friends. I feel very blessed in many ways.

Thank you, again, for the warm welcome, and for telling us a little bit about yourselves.

Tobermorrie

missingmyJJ
12-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi I recently found this site. I was trying to find info about Susanvile and I came across this site. I am trying to prepair myself because my fiance is going to be sent away soon for a few years so I wanted a heads up on what to expect. I hate that this is now a part of my life but I am determind to get through this and be ready to welcome my man home when it is time.
I am 23 years old and I have a 6 year old child we are a happy family and we are growing stronger with our religious beliefs which I know will help in these hard times to come. My man is my rock and my strength and we will be lonely without him but we will stay strong as all of you are!

nitemare101
12-29-2007, 10:25 AM
It is so great to have a place to go where other people know what you're feeling. My son is in CTF, Soledad North. His out date is July 2013. I haven't been able to visit him since Oct. Now they are locked down and visiting /packages have been suspended. :( Does anyone know how long this lockdown will last? Anyway, thank you for the welcome.

Chris' Mom

PookieJude
01-03-2008, 01:06 PM
It is so great to have a place to go where other people know what you're feeling. My son is in CTF, Soledad North. His out date is July 2013. I haven't been able to visit him since Oct. Now they are locked down and visiting /packages have been suspended. :( Does anyone know how long this lockdown will last? Anyway, thank you for the welcome.

Chris' Mom

Hi Nightmare
Sorry I don't, mine is in the same place. I called the hotline today and the recording was old as of 12/27, and the status hasn't changed, still locked down. Sad, it's painful, but all we can do is hang in there. Happy New Year.

MRS.Q
01-03-2008, 11:40 PM
I am new to this site, just registered today! Where do I start,... my husband and I known one another since we were both 16. At the age of 20 my husband was sentenced to prison and was locked up from 1988-2003. Well our life together really started when he was released in 2003. We got married that year and a month later we found out we were going to be parents. We have a handsome 3 year old son! Well, my husband is now back in the system looking at nine years. He is at Wasco reception. I need help knowing what to do for family visits. From reading on the site we can not ask for family visits until he arrives at the prison he will be doing his time? I just sent off my visiting form so with God's Will I will get to see him in approx 2-3 months. Need some help, thank you to all.

Mrs. Q

janisy
01-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I just signed up with prison talk and noticed thet many of the posts are dated last year what I am hoping to find is someone anyone who has information on pleasant valley and their lockdown status I am also looking for someone who might want to carpool from orange county (anaheim Hills) I don't have a car but I have money for gas and expenses.

eroom218
01-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Hello Ladies, I am new to this, obviously, just needing a lot of unanswered questions answered. This is also a test, learning the format.:)

eroom218
01-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Hello Ladies, I just signed on today, needing this forum to be my support team. It's hard for me and frustrating. My man is @ Calipatria since 12/18/07. He's been in the system since 11/01/07, I live on the East coast of the U.S. Where do I start? Tring to rcv collect calls thru GTLink and needing to visit him for "family visits", you know what I mean:). Any info will be greatly appreciated!

patswife4-ever
01-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi. My name is Kristin. I just signed on today. My husband is in reception at DVI, he just arrived there on 01/09/08. I am not sure where he is going from there. Hopefully he will stay at DVI as it is close to home. I would love to talk to him or write to him, but I have no idea how to do that. We have two kids, Austin is 5 1/2 and TODAY our baby, Emily, is 3 yrs old. I say baby because she is our last one and man is she a daddys girl. She asks about him every morning and every night. It is very hard for us all. I love this web site though. So much information. thank you so much

erekah81
01-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Hey there everybody:wave:!! I'm new to the site and I have been browsing around trying to gather information. I recently found out about this site and it made me feel so much better to read the advice given. My honey has been down since I was 7 months pregnant and our son Tyrin is 15 months (Tyrin was his birthday gift from me and God) he has also adopted my two daughters Cherysh will be 10 in march and Jaliyah 8 in june:love:. I just got approved to see him so I will be seeing him as soon as I find out about transportation and lodging. He is in NKSP in the D gym. This will be the first time he will touch or kiss his baby boy. I am so excited:D!! how does it work I want to have pictures taken

Heartcrying
01-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site but have been reading up on as much as I can. I am having a hard time with not knowing what is going on with my husband. I have not received any letters from him since he was in NKSP reception center, in his last letter he informed me that he was being transferred to SVSP on Jan.14th, he was so excited because he would finally get to use the phone, but as of today I have still not received a phone call or any letters. I'm so worried and confused as to how this whole thing works.. I contacted SVSP only to find out he wasn't there but was in CTF, when I contacted CTF they informed me he was indeed at CTF - North and his housing unit was TD77U and that he hasn't seen his counselor yet CONFUSED even more because I am not sure what housing unit that is or why he has to see yet another counselor. If anyone can update me as to when he will get to use the phone or as to the TD housing unit is I would greatly appricate it.. We need and want our phone calls back and can't wait until I am approved for visits, the 5 hour trip is well worth it... Missing him every minute of everyday!!

zoomie
01-27-2008, 01:14 AM
I was a fund manager that confessed over a year ago to misappropriating investment fund proceeds. This led to a Federal indictment last August. I pled guilty rather than take their plea offer for many reasons which I can talk about later if you're interested over in the Federal Forum. Pre-sentencing phase is taking quite some time due to overwhelming number of my victims writing in asking for leneancy or no prison time at all due to a proposed restitution plan. Yet, I expect I might still go into Fed Camp for some period, maybe even a few years--hard to say. I will be looking for tips and guidance. Hope to meet some of you nice folks.
:o

CADickson
01-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Hi Everybody

My name's Craig. I'm new to this site. I paroled from State Prison in California a little over six years ago, and recently decided I wanted to get involved in prison activism and inmate advocacy.

My view is that the CDC (it's CDRC though, now right?) talks a lot about rehabilitation but doesn't work toward it. I also believe that the public is misinformed about what goes on at Correctional Facilities and sadly, are led to believe that criminals are criminals and that's all they will ever be. Actual rehabilitation takes place within the individual. My hope is that someday those who are stuck in the system might be able to take ownership of their rehabilitation and break the cycle.

There are so many groups out there and resources on the net, it's hard to know where to start. What's a good place to get involved?

tracey83
01-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi everyone - I'm Tracey. My closest friend (who's also my ex-fiance) just got sent to Donovan in San Diego. Thank God I live close by, but who knows how long he'll stay. I know the judge put in for him to stay at Donovan because his lawyer felt guilty for screwing him on his plea, so I hope that works out. He just got there on Tuesday, but luckily, Monday night @ 1:00am he was able to call me when they had him roll up out of county. I know it's gonna be a while before we talk again.
I've had other friends in prison before, but never anyone this close to me, so anyone that has any clue on how long it's taking for them to get mainlined and how long it's taking to visit approvals would be a HUGE help. Also, he's diabetic (type 1, had it since he was 11), so anyone who knows anything about the quality of care for diabetics in RJ Donovan would also be a huge help. I'm really worried about his health.
Thanks!

#1 Sons Mom
02-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Hi Everyone,
:) I am new to this site, I just joined on 02.01.08. I hope I am doing this right. I don't really understand what a thread is??? :confused: So if I am not doing something that I should be or not doing something right please let me know.
Our son is in Techahapi. They moved him from West Valley Detention in Rancho Cucamonga on 01.01.08 to Techahapi. I understand he would be in processing for 30 days and I have had letters from him. But I thought after 30 days he would be able to phone but we have not heard from him. Does anyone know if they have phone privilidges in CCI? Today is his birthday and I miss him so much :(. The last letter I got from him he said they were going to move him to a CCF "soon" as they are very crowded at CCI. I just wish I knew "somthing".
I have tried to track him but I cannot find out how to do it. Everything I go to wants alot of money to join something. Does anyone know how to track them? Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Very sad in Ontario, CA

Judeca
02-05-2008, 10:40 PM
I just signed up with prison talk and noticed thet many of the posts are dated last year what I am hoping to find is someone anyone who has information on pleasant valley and their lockdown status I am also looking for someone who might want to carpool from orange county (anaheim Hills) I don't have a car but I have money for gas and expenses.

Hi, and welcome. Just go to this site, I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=917

Anniko
02-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Hello every1!
I finally found the california forum :)
until now I was reading posts, trying to understand and get used to so many changes . . .
My fiancee was sentenced on jan 29th, 2008; he is still in county waiting to be placed.
I am happy to find a "family" here who can relate and understand!!!
Thank you ALL

stanie's girl
02-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Michelle I am 24 years old and have no kids but hope to someday. I am currently enrolled in community working on getting on AA in chemical dependence so I can help people. My man of three years is in Pleasant Valley right serving a year sentence so he will be getting out at the end of May this 2008. I can't wait. Well anyways, I join PTO because I have going through this all alone because my family doesn't like the fact that I am still talking to him. But you know what I don't give up on people just because they made a mistake. I got with him three years ago now and I knew then that we had been in and out of prison ever since he became adult and I still chose to talk to him so why would I stop now after all this time. So, I just really need to find some people that are going through the same kind of thing that I am. So, hopefully this will help.

L-Ren
02-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Hello to everyone. I've been reading posts for some time but finally registered yesterday. My family is very close and my brother is in NKSP sentenced for 18 yrs but is currently on INS hold since he never became a citizen. The rest of our family are citizens and he just passed the interview when his past came back to haunt him. So far, the forums I've read here have been the most helpful and the support that everyone gives to each other have indirectly helped us (family and his fiance) deal with his situation as a family. His fiance and I were finally able to visit him a couple of weeks ago and was saddened by how much he has aged (he was in jail starting Jun, 07 and was transferred to NKSP in Nov, 07) since the last time we saw him. Anyway, I'm glad to have finally joined and hopefully get some guidance regarding INS holds, etc. Thanks!!:)

crash1ca
02-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Hello all... My name is David. I just pound this website a few days ago while looking for some information. There is a wealth of it here. Thank you to those who have helped! I have a younger brother who is in Pelican Bay until 2011. I have also done some time, myself. I spent 6 years in CCI, Tehachapi. I can't say that it was the best time of my life, but I learned a lot about myself, my values, and my priorities. I paroled in 2003, and discharged 3 years later with no violations. I have changed drastically from who and what I was before I went to prison. With my time inside, and having family and friends doing time, I have experienced both sides of the coin, and if I can help any of you with a little bit of insight, I will be happy to try, and I truly appreciate all of you who are here to help the rest of us through our trying times as well!

imthemom
02-18-2008, 07:24 PM
My 22 yr old son is still at TTCF here in LA he was sentenced to 2 years on the 13th for Domestic Violence. I guess it will be at 50% and he should be home in November.

On Halloween, his girlfriend had their baby in a car with no car seat, a drunk driver and the baby smelled like weed. He tried to get the baby away from her, she gouged his eyes and he punched her. He got arrested. When she ran down the street screaming she said he had a gun, thats the call the police got. So they arrested him fora gun even though there was none at the scene and charged him with assault w a deadly weapon. She even said that didnt happen. WTF?? Anyway, he finally took a deal at 2 years since going to trial could have got him 16 with a 85%, he didndt want to risk it, even though there were several witnesses in his favor. It was Halloween after all.

So now we wait.

Im a little worried about where he migiht end up, I have been taking the baby to see him twice a week at county. I probably wont see him at all if hes too far. I hate for him not to see his son.

baba
02-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi. I am so excited cause I jsut found out that my bf who is in CIM right now got sentenced 5 months flat on his violation. We are so happy cause he'll be out before our kids birthdays. I have never been through something like this and can only hope i never have to spend 5 months or more or anything like this again. I love him too much to have him away like this. Our family just doesnt feel complete when we are broken like this but 4 more months and he'll be free to be with me.. with us as a family once again. For now he is in Palm Hall cause he owed time in the hole from a riot last time he wa in... but its only temporary and it will be another thing that he gets past.

Since I joined last month I have found this to be the most support and most informative thing ever... THANK YOU so much to all the members for kepping the threads posted and one thing I have learned is there is never a stupid question... THANKS AGAIN!!

ahustlaswife1
02-25-2008, 08:10 PM
:) Thank you, thank you , thank youfor this wonderful forum, with out it i'd be lost. My man has been in San Quentin (West Block)for 30 days Feb 28. I've gotten letters, just wondering how long before the phone rings. Can some one school me on West Block. How long does visiting take to get approved??? I have somewhat of a past record, i provided them with all the nessasary document to make them aware of this. will this speed up the process?

love_me4ever
02-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi everyone :wave:
I also just recently signed up here at PT, however though I've been visiting as a guest on & off here for a few months now. I had an account set up here a few years ago, but unfortunately back then I didn't have much of an opportunity to visit this site, so I never got passed in other words being the New girl, nor either getting much advice/support, ect that I would of liked to. I also throughout this time have misplaced my old account info as well, & so recently I figured it was about time I signed up again with a new account, so here I am.
I've been a friend/supporter for several years to a few friends of mine with whom were all involved in the same case. They are housed at different facilities throughout California.
I also am an Ex to someone who is also currently housed in a Cali facility.

I look forward this time to finally getting a chance to be a part of this awesome website.
I hope all of you here also have a wonderful experience on PT.
:)

searchingmother
03-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi, I'm a mother looking for her 20 year old son, *Name removed per members request and for privacy concerns*. He's been in Kern County Jail, off and on, since 7/2007. He was released or transferred last week, 2/24/08, sometime according to the inmate search website. He may have been sent to Wasco, I don't know. Can anyone help me find out if he's there or has been released from the penal system, or at least how I can go about doing it myself? Thank you for any information you can give me. I'm confused on how to use this site, or where I'd find replies to my inquiries.

PTO-110524
03-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Searchingmother - if it's been 5 days or so, you can try calling the Inmate Locator. They will tell you where he is if he's still in the system or where he was paroled to (County) and on which date. If he's been paroled, you can try calling that parole department and inquiring.

Inmate locator is 916.445.6713

BigBurtChino
03-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Hi!
Thank you to everybody that participates in this forum. Anybody that knows me calls me "BIGBURT" so please do so. I'm 6' 4" and 238 lbs. so "tiny" won't be appropriate! This site is fantastic for info. It takes awhile to learn to navigate through the different threads, but all good. My GF received a 2 year prison sentence and will probably leave WVDC tonight. I have no idea where she will go to reception. The Judge's recommendation at the sentencing hearing was for CIW, I understand CDC won't necessarily follow that recommendation. We live in the city of Chino and that would make too much sense for any government Org. to do that!:mad: This has all been a lot to deal with, but in some way it is also a relief. GF has been battling substance abuse for over 3 years (Too much nose candy). They say you have to hit bottom to really change your life and I hope for us this is a start of a new life. I just wished as a society that we would learn that incarceration isn't the answer to a substance abuse problem. My GF's only crime was to herself and family, she never hurt or took anything from anyone. The hardest thing so far for me is having to tell her 6 year old daughter "No mommy won't be home tomorrow". Anyway I look forward in talking with everybody and we will all learn from this experience, that's what life is all about.:) I would appreciate any advise or help from all who have been through this already, thanks BIGBURT.:cool:

MRBC
03-14-2008, 01:40 AM
Hi... my name is also Bert. i'm a 44 year old gay man, whose other half just got sent to warm springs rehab until july 1st.. after countless bad relationships i met the one of my dreams. for 8 months we were never apart more than a couple hours. after we got together every aspect of my life got better every day. only problem was he had a prescription drug addiction & he had quit going to his diversion program shortly before we met. i thought the pills were going to kill him, so i kept telling him he needs to deal with his warrant & see if he can get in a rehab. ive never had a bf that would do that for me before, i didnt seriously think there was any chance he would. he turned himself in february 19th & was in twin towers until last tuesday when he was sent to warm springs. after learning he was going to rehab his exwife & exbf have both showed up trying to restart their relationships... then i heard the 1st 60 days they dont allow outside contact & i dont know if that just means visits or no calls or anything at all. in twin towers they were still giving him his prescriptions. he called me the 12th & said in the rehab he gets nothing & he already felt bad & would al later that night.
after 8 months of every day being great & not having enough hours to do everything i wanted to, now im lonely & miserable no matter how many people are around. i dont know if our 8 months was enough to keep him from thinking he could continue either of his old relationships from where they were before he started having a problem. i dont know if he is feeling worse & not up to calling or if he cant call again for 60 days. and if he is sick, since he said he was straight, i wont be informed until someone in his family gets around to telling me. every time we talk he tells me im taking it all too seriously. i cant help it. im lost now. i feel like everything good in my life is gone untill july 1st, if not for forever & it's all my own fault for making such a big deal about his warrant. if i just knew if he could call then i could at least hope he's only been to busy, but if i cant hear anything for 60 days, i dont think i'll make it

krazeepolack
03-14-2008, 09:26 PM
:wave: Howdy everyone, on BOTH SIDES of THE WALL!!! First, let me say GOOD LUCK to all of you & your loved one(s). I joined this quite some time ago, but not until recently started to figure out how to utilize some of it. I have a son incarcerated @ Mule Creek State Prison in Ione, Ca. This is a SNP unit & those of us that have a loved one there, know the SNP term. I have been experiencing a lot of difficulty:banghead: w/medical staff @ this facility. They lie, they misinform, or do NOT inform, as well as play the game called-CYA! They are proficient at the game, as if they invented it!

Do not believe all of what is written regarding rules & regulations there. They are able to tweak them to thier advantage. You can DEMAND to see any violations in writing, regarding vistation terminations especially. (expect to lose the contest) I supposedly qualify for "long distance travel" & was still terminated. :angry: I do 800 plus miles round trip for a visit. I am 70 plus Y/O.

Staff will speak to you on the phone(when you can find them) & apparently be sitting @ thier desk w/fingers crossed behind them. I have had staff tell me they do not even know each other,:eek: & they're working together on my sons case?? One department states one method of obtaining medical records, while the other department tells me a different way! Excuse me, but what's wrong w/THIS picture? Just so this post is not taken as a "vent" I also will say MCSP is kept decently clean, & there are some very nice c/o's there also. You can have face to face contact,:grouphug: w/your loved one, as long as nothing is considered overboard. Vending machines are available, w/sorta high prices, but the inmates pillage these machines to get to better/different fare than what they are normally fed, I guess.

I have found flexible ways to do things there, but I can not inform anyone of this. It could seriously affect visitation capabilities for yourself as well as the inmate. Let us just say-"where there's a will, there's a way". :thumbsup:

"Family visitation" is available to qualified inmate/family in apartment style units. This enables you to be in the same unit for the duration of your visit. I am presently applying for this type visit & will post more information afterward. You "order in" from a menu prior to visitaion. I'm informed you have onsite sleeping conditions, a tv, microwave & ??? WOW! You can spend QUALITY time w/your loved one!!:beer: <- -ROOT BEER!

I'm a proud father of four grown sons & one grown daughter. I have eight wonderful grand children & love everybody. As some of yourselves, one son has been relocated outside the immediate family boundry, & this saddens me to no end.:cry: It is so important that these people get love, correspondence, affection, & all the good news you can furnish them. I read in some online post here, about sending cards to an inmate, just for the sake of offering well wishes among other things. WOW! :yay: How can I find out more?:hmm:

I'm not what anyone could call a religious person, so I depend on those I know & trust, & those I feel I can trust, even though I don't know them. On rare occasion, I find out differently, but I just consider it more of lifes experience. I know my sons incarceration is not the worst, & there are many of you that have far greater loss than ours. To all of those, I say-

Good better best;
Never let it rest:
Until your good is better,
and your better best!

Norty
03-16-2008, 03:54 PM

I am brand new as of today 3/16/08

I'm not sure if the question about SatF 1a yard has been answered, but my son (also VERY young @ 20) called last Thursday night and said no calls or visits for at least a week because of a gambling issue and threats made to inmates & CO's.

Now, if only this can be submitted this time!

Thank you!

bsbrwneydgrl
03-17-2008, 12:34 AM
hi everyone. i just wanted to finally do an introduction since i been on here since 09/2007. my new husband, who i married on 2/14/2008 in solano county jail, is currently awaiting transfer to a reception center in cali. NKSP we think. anyways, when i first joined, he was finishing up a violation at SQ. Now, here i am again, only this time we got a new beef with a much longer term of 28 months min. i just recently started really utilizing this site, and let me tell you its great!! I am only 24 and new to the loved one in prison thing and i have may questions about it all. i find myself on right now with my eyes full of tears! we have been playing the game of when are they going to take me, oh i leave tomorrow, for about 2 weeks now, and tomorrow is yet again maybe the day he goes, at 3am. its hard to have all these false starts. i just dont even know what to think. i am here for the support and to put my mind at ease with the useful info. at any rate, thanks to the creators of PTO. This is just the beginning of a long and meaningful relationship. Thanks to all in advance. God Bless.:( :( :(

BONZAII
03-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Jennifer, I Had Gastric Bypass Surgery Almost 4 Years Ago And Have Lost 324 Pounds So Far! It Is A Long, Tough Road At The Beginining, But It Does Get Easier! You Will Leard The Type Of Food You Can Eat And Also Very Importantly, The Quantity. Over Indulge And You Will Vomit! But Through This Ordeal, I Met My Fiance And He Is The Most Supportive Man I Have Ever Met! He Tells Me I Look Good Just The Way I Am! Swimming Has Been A Great Exercise For Me! When I Go To Visit, I Packed Fresh Fruit And Vegetables For The Ride And Will Only "taste" What He Is Eating. I Miss Him So Much - We Used To Be Able To Go To A Restaurant, Order One Meal And A Salad Plate For Me! Good Luck To You, And Know We Are All Here To Support You!!

ItHurts
04-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi all, I read some of the threads. I sympathise with all of you, I know how hard it must be to be without your loved one.

My boyfriend is currently in Lancaster, California State Prison. He is going to be moving to Jamestown Fire Camp very soon, if not already. It's been almost 7 months now and it feels like it is taking forever, I am extremely sad. We spent everyday together since we met 2 years ago and have grown even closer together these past 7 months. I love him more and more everyday. I have only been able to see him through glass for 30 minutes every other week and communicate via mail. I miss him so much i can't breath sometimes. I found thise site when i was looking for some info n Jamestown Fire camp and thought it might be a good idea to have some support from people who understand becuase i am at a breaking point.

astrid
04-09-2008, 09:35 AM
I am living in California and I need to know if anyone in California is living in the Sonoma County area, and would share a ride with me to SATF. I have not seen my husband for almost two years and miss him very much. Please let me know. I am sad that I can not see him. Blessings,

PTO-110524
04-09-2008, 10:51 AM
astrid - you might want to post your rideshare needs in the below threads:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248398

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169080

143bravemom
04-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Hello...I am Jennifer, here in Northern California.

I have 2 family members that have spent a great deal of time "in" and "out" of many of CA's prisons. I don't like to say repeat offender so I prefer to say vacation plan!

Sadly enough my oldest daughter, who just celebrated her 17th B-day (April 5th)is the victim of a very violent crime. I could have never prepared myself for the damage it did to my family. That being said, I feel very strongly about the justice system. I am a big advocate of Victim Service's, for ALL people.

I wish to have a fruitfull and learning opportunity while here. Good luck to all.....

HwnPrincess
05-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi everyone my name is "Cat M" aka Hwnprincess. I live in Costa Mesa, Calif and my husband "Bruno" has been down since 1/07 and his release date is 3/09. So I have about 10 months to go. I used to see him in Chino until they decided to do a strip search, then after I passed the strip search and excited to see him, the Sergent walks in and tells me that I can't see him because I have a failure to pay my traffic ticket (which I was approved to visit with that). That was back in October/November of 07. Still didn't have the money to pay it off and hopefully by next month it will be paid off and I can re-apply again to see him. What was up with the strip search? Beats me, when they want to search they can search just about anyone, even a nun! Gosh I miss my babe and thank God for the postal service! Wishing he was home already......waiting patiently and praying for his good health and safety.

Jeanneangel
05-05-2008, 11:21 PM
hello my name is jeannette. i'm also new here to pto. i've been just reading for a few weeks. an it's been such a big help to find a place of support. i live in northern cali. 2 hrs north of sac. an my husband is in CTF at soledad. he has 6 yrs left. it's already been a long 6 yrs. were praying if the reform laws change he'll be home much sooner. i have 2 grown boys. one 21 an in collage . hes taken CDF. for forestry fires. i just received 4 of his certifiactions for the ones hes done so far. i'm very proud of him. he's looken to do some voluntering at the fire station while he's in school. it's been a hard road beeing a sing mom for so long raising two boys. but i feel i've done my best an there doing pretty good. my youngest is 19 an he's not to sure what he's going to do yet in life. i worry about him. but he's still young. both boys are liveing together. which is funny cause they faught a lot as kids. an now to see some of that same thing going on all over again is kinda funny. i have a cat his name is tigger. hes my little love an i have a dog jake. there both god sentd for me write now. i spend lots an lots of time writting my husband. at least 10 to 15 pages a day. an , an accationel book of 20 or more pages. i love to spend my time writting him. plus i picked up a new hobbie of gardening. which i love. an i get out a lot with my boys were always doing stuff together. it's been us 3 for so long were very close. but i do stuggle seeing my husband since they moved him to soledad. he use to only be 1 1/2 to 2 hrs away an now he's 6 hrs away. an being on disability it makes it hard. but where thers a will theres a way an i make it down every 2 to 3 months. thank god for that. i'm so happy to be a member of pto an have a new suppoert group to help me an be there to understand . cause i have know one to talk to about how hard this is an who can relate to this thank you for this awsome place. big hugs to all you wonderful people. jhanke

PTO-110524
05-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Welcome! I'm also in Shasta County. Long drive down isn't it? :D

Happy you found us. :thumbsup:

D4C
05-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi. im the girlfriend/best friend/ex-girlfriend (it's complicated) of a parolee doing a violation at east max in LA county, and the friend of an guy doin two years at wasco. I've been in and around the LA county jail system for a while, so if you have a question, ask.

shellshock63
05-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Hi I am Shelley.
I just found this site tonight as I am trying to manage my way thru the Ca. correctional system, I am from Canada but my heart is in L.A. county jail after his release from C.M.C. one month ago. They paroled him addited to Morphine from cancer surgery and was left to fend for himself after I left to come home. I am so thankfull to know you Ladies are here.

pinayluv78
05-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Well, my name is Naomi... my husband has been at Folsom State Prison-Old 4 years now, with 4 more years to go... I guess you could say I've gotten used to this life, although I still hate when people ask me how I do it, this waiting & no sex... I love my husband- we've been together 12 years & married 10 of those years... anyways, I'm hoping to meet other people going through this exact same thing, so come say hi, huh?

convict lover
05-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Let Me Start Off By Saying I Too Am Leary About Posting Who And What I Am, For Fear Of Being Judged. My Name Is Sandra I Am The Big 40. I Was A Free Staff In A Prison When I Met And Fell In Love With My Bf. This Experience Is All New To Me. You See. I Am Married (20yrs). I Didnt Plan On This It Just Happened. But I Stand By Him And Support Him.i Have 3 Children. I Am In A Situation I Dont Know How To Control. My Bf Has Just Under 2 Yrs Left. I Hope There Are Others In The Same Boat As Me I Would Love To Hear From You

T_'N'_A
06-06-2008, 11:13 PM
GREETINGS TO ALL THE PT FAMILY! LET ME JUST START OFF BY SAYIN' THAT ALL THE DAYS, WEEKS, AND MONTHS THAT HAVE SERIOUSLY FELT LIKE YEARS AND FEELIN' ALONE LIKE YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON GOIN' THROUGH WHAT YOU GOIN' THROUGH,IT'S FINALLY A HUGE RELIEF KNOWIN' THAT I AM NOT ALONE. MY BF GOT LOCKED UP BACK IN 07' RIGHT AFTER THANKSGIVING ON A VIOLATION. STARTED OFF IN NORTH COUNTY AND NOW ON HOLD AT DUBLIN FCI. HIS COMPLETE SENTENCE IS ONLY FOR ONE YEAR FROM START TO END IN WHICH I FEEL VERY FORTUNATE FOR. HIS RELEASE DATE IS ACTUALLY SET FOR NOV. 29TH 08' AND I HAVE HAD SO MANY EMOTIONS RUNNIN' THROUGH MY MIND. THAT I FEEL CRAY-Z AS HELL! ONE MINUTE I'M SAD, THEN LONELY, HORNY, FRUSTRATED, BACK IN LOVE, JUST FEELIN' VERY 'BI-POLARISH' ! IT'S SUCH A VICIOUS CIRCLE THAT I JUST CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE! I'M REACHING OUT TO EVERYBODY TODAY JUST TO SAY 'WE IN THIS 2GETHER', 'KOOM-BI-YA', LOL :grouphug:I GOT YOUR BACK CAUSE WHAT-EVA' IT MIGHT BE THAT YOU FEELIN' I'M ALREADY THERE WIT' CHU' THIS IS CRAY-Z! 4EVA' WRITIN' LETTERS, HAVIN' MONITORED PHONE CALLS WIT' EM' JUST CUTTIN' YOU OFF, VISITATIONS (A STR8 HEADACHE), FEELIN' LIKE CEILY FROM THE COLOR PURPLE RUNNIN' 2 THE MAIL BOX LIKE "ANYTHANG COME 4 ME"?! RIDICULOUS! WE WAS SUPPOSED TO BEEN MARRIED JAN. OF THIS YEAR AND NOW I JUST FEEL SO VIOLATED LIKE... YOU CHEATED ME OF MY HAPPINESS. WHY 'F' UP AND DELAY US OF OUR FUTURE 2GETHER?:angry: NOW I'M FEELIN' LIKE I'M ON LOCK DOWN WIT' HIM! SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, WORRYING ABOUT HIS OVERALL WELFARE, LOVE HIM 2 DEATH NOT ABOUT 2B WIT' THE NEXT MAN AND YET JUST SO LONELY... AND BECAUSE WE AREN'T MARRIED YET, I CAN'T EVEN VISIT HIM RIGHT NOW (FOR THE PAST MO.) BECAUSE OF HIS HOLD OVER STATUS (IMMEDIATE FAMILY ONLY) :rolleyes: BUT, WHAT I'M NOT GONNA DO IS GET MARRIED WHILE HE DOWN. YES, HE DID GIVE ME THAT OPTION, AND I'M NOT IN THE LEAST KNOCKIN' ANYBODY WHO DID THAT. (CAUSE BELIEVE ME IT CROSSES MY MIND ALL THE TIME)! LIKE YOU "OWE ME"!:broken:BUT WE JUST DECIDED THAT OUR LOVE CAN HOLD OUT TIL' WE CAN HAVE A NICE PRIVATE CEREMONY UPON HIS RELEASE. -SIGH- SO, LADIES HOW DO I MAINTAIN WHAT VERY LIL' SANITY THAT I HAVE LEFT? IT'S BREAKIN' ME DOWN! I'M ABOUT HALF PAST INSANE AND A QUARTER TO DAY-UM!! I'M COO-COO IN CO-CO COUNTY! 5 MOS. AND COUNTING...THANX FOR "LISTENING" -STAY DOWN-:eek:

SassySarah916
06-07-2008, 03:03 AM
I am new here, and I just wanted to say hello to everyone! I'm here becuase my bestfriend is locked up. I miss him very much. It is his first time ever being in jail so I am hoping this forum will be helpful for both me and him.

T_'N'_A
06-07-2008, 06:39 PM
IT'S GONNA BE ALRIGHT < 3JULIE<3. NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION OR WHAT PERSONAL LINK YOU HAVE WITH YOUR LOVED ONE, THERE IS SOMONE IN ONE OF THESE FORUMS GUARANTEED THAT IS WALKIN' IN YOUR SHOES RIGHT NOW:) AND THAT'S THE GOOD THING ABOUT PTO. YOU CAN READ THREAD AFTER THREAD AFTER COMMENT AND THERE'S NOTHING BUT, LOTS AND LOTS OF SUPPORT. THAT'S WHY I'M SENDING YOU A LITTLE GIRLPOWER NOW:p REMEMBER WE'RE ALL LINKED WITH A BIRD OF THE SAME FEATHER AND THAT'S THE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS:( HOLD TIGHT...

kima
06-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Welcome new members, I'm glad you all found PTO. I know that for me, it's been a very supportive group, and I've even made some dear friends from this site. Best wishes to you all.