View Full Version : Time to work out!

meadow22
08-27-2004, 05:24 PM
okay everyone, here is the work out for ams! it is the only one i have written down, but i am going to try to remember the rest! a lot of the stuff is with the ball, but it is not REALLY neccesary! it does work great though and can do tons of stuff with it! as i get the rest written down, i will post those :) and remember if you want to lose you will need to use less weight and more reps! also remember to go up fast and down slow with the weights, its all about controlling the weight and that also is what makes it work!

ARMS: (they will be burning by the time you are done and feel like jello, just to warn you guys) :p

1. Chest Press - 4 sets of 15-20 (if you have the ball, roll out so your upper back is on the ball and squeeze your glutes so they stay up and tight. this is called a supline bridge) if you dont have the ball you can just lay on the ground on your back. you will have one dumbell on each side, and you will push the weight UP over your head and slightly touch them together and back down SLOW then right up again!

2. Push - Ups -4 sets of15-20
These are just regular push-ups. (if you have a ball, roll-out on the ball so that it is by your shins, your arms should be shoulder width apart and lower yourself down and back up)!

3. Lat- Pull Downs - 4 sets of 15-20 (if you have the ball, go into the supline bridge position, in #1) if you don't have the ball you can just lay down on your back. take the weights and start them at your side. then pull them up and over your head, DO NOT touch the ground with the weights in either position. raise and lower them in that direction. *HURTS* lol

4. Skull - Crushers - 4 sets of 15-20 *my favorite* (with ball, supline bridge on ball) no ball again lay on your back. take the weights in each hand and you elbows bent at a 90% angle. lower the weights over your head towards your skull. DO NOT move your arms, keep your elbows bent. lower and straighten to start position 90% angle

*YOU GUYS HATING ME YET LOL LOL*

5. Bicep Curls - 4 sets of 15-20 (start in standing position) take weights in each hand and keep arms straight. when you lift up DO NOT move your elbows. the only thing that should move is your forearms!

6. Shoulder Press - 4 sets 15-20 (if you have ball, sit on it, if no bacll sit on chair or bed, back straight) take the weights and start with your elbows bent, you are going to push the weights up over your head and slightly tap them together and lower them back down SLOW and back up FAST again! this one is kind of hard to explain, when you are in the up position, your arms should be straight up, when lowering your arms should be bent at a 90% angle, like shoulder and elbow are aligned :)

OKAY LADIES THAT IS THE ARM WORK OUT! I am going to think of the rest, be back shortly!

meadow22
08-27-2004, 06:26 PM
LEGS!!!!!!!!!!! here is some leg stuff that i remember :)

1. Squats - 4 sets 20
start in the standing position, legs shoulder with apart and you can either have the weight by your side or on your upper thighs. go down slow to a sitting position and back up slowly. on the last one, stay in the sitting position and squeeze your knees together and back out. do that 10 times, in and out with each set on the last one! you can also do it with your toes pointed outward and your legs together! they all work different parts of the leg.

2. Walking Lunges - 5 sets of 20 (if you don't have a lot of room, just go back and forth in you living room or somewhere)
Hold the weights down by your side. OUCH!

3. Butt - Lifts - 4 sets of 15-20 on each leg
Start on the floor on all 4's lol! take one leg and lift it up behind you, like kick up towards the ceiling, do not lower it all the way, keep at a 90% angle. do 15-20 on one leg and then 15-20 on the other leg!

4. Calf Raises - 3 sets of 15-20
stand on a step somewhere with your heels hanging down and only your toes on the step, feet facing straight forward and shoulder width apart. lower your heels down and up 15 - 20 times. never touch your heels on the ground. then face your toes inward and do it again. then have your toes facing outward and yet again. all three positions are 1 set! so do each position 3 times!

5. *BALL ONLY* Hamstring Curls - 3 sets of 15-20
Lay on your back, feet leaning on ball. put your hand on the floor next to you. lift your butt and back up off the ground. the only way you can balance is to sqeeze your abs and glutes! with your feet and the strength of your legs, roll the ball in and back out. when that gets easy for you, do it with only one leg.

6. *BALL ONLY* Prone Plank Knee Extensions - 3 sets of 15-20 *also good for arms*
roll out on the ball so the ball is at your shins/ upper ankles and your hands are on the ground, arms with apart, holding you up. again sqeeze those glutes and abs. roll the ball in and up towards your stomach and back out again. the whole time keep the ball at the upper ankles, basically just pull your legs up. again a hard one to try and explain.

when i think of more i will post! oh and don't forget to do crunches for your abs. but no not do those every day. you want to give them a day's rest. by doing the crunches properly, you will rip your stomach muscles and you want them to heal for a day and do it again :)

Oscar714
08-28-2004, 08:59 PM
I found these exercises to be helpful because they are easy enough to incorporate into my day even when I don't feel like doing anything at all because I can lay on the floor and do them while I am watching t.v........... cause somedays are just like that.

Here is the link, tons to choose from:

http://www.self.com/workouts/