View Full Version : What Are Your Goals?

irisheyes66
08-27-2004, 10:16 AM
I find that it helps to have a goal in mind when I am trying to diet. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular; it's more important that it be attainable, so I don't get discouraged.

My goals for the coming months are to work towards regaining body tone, continue to eat healthy, and start weight training again.

What are YOUR goals?

Jasonslite
08-27-2004, 12:52 PM
My goal and concentration right now is on my stomache. :( I will be 30 this October and I want a belly piercing. In truth I can deal with the other parts of my body, but if I could get my stomach toned up then I would be tickled pink. :D So that is what I think of when I am exercising and do my many, many crunches. A PRETTY BELLY RING! Then of course the look on my man's face when I show him my new addition. :eek: ;)

qwerty
08-27-2004, 01:04 PM
I want to continue working out (I do 2-5 days a week), and to develop good eating habits for the rest of my life. I am tired of going on diets and just want to eat right. My aunt did this last year and lost around 30-40 pounds. I'm trying to do it the way she did!

I've lost close to 30 pounds over the last two years also (gone from size 18 to 12-14), would like to lose maybe 20 more.

Funny thing, I'm finding the more I work out, the less pounds I feel I have to lose.

Ronnie
08-27-2004, 01:17 PM
I want to continue weight training and toning. Plus lose these last 25 pounds! I have lost 100 pounds over the last year. Just continue on this healthier lifestyle!

lovespell
08-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Wow Nuro's wife congratulations that is great. It is always the hardest to drop the last few pounds! I had a baby about 7 months ago, I have lost most of the baby fat but I would like to lose another 25 pounds also. That is my goal and to have a flat stomach by the time my hubby gets home! Good Luck everyone and happy Friday!!:D

*Johnny's Angel*
08-27-2004, 01:29 PM
I want to have nice toned arms and legs, and loose about 2 inches from my stomache. I need to lose about 15 pounds, i just need to turn everything into muscle instead of fat. I started going to a gym and I LOVE IT!! I plan on going 5-6 days a week.

strongernow
08-27-2004, 02:15 PM
My goal is not so much the amount of weight I lose, but toning up and continuing to eat healthy and exercise.

My areas of work are stomach and thighs!!! My daughter is 7 months old now, so I need to get on the ball with it! It's just a lot harder than I thought it would be since she is my second.

jr's girl
08-27-2004, 02:21 PM
I have lost 100 pounds over the last year.
wow congrats! ive lost 70 gain back 20 and now have about 100 to go...its goin tho...(thank you curves!!!) amazing what depression can do to ya. my goal is to see my belly button so i can pierce it! LOL:thumbsup:

California Sunshine
08-28-2004, 11:56 AM
My short term goal is to loose 15 pounds....long term loose 40 and find a way to stick with the healthy changes I make for life!

jeffsprincess
08-28-2004, 05:44 PM
my goals are to regain my healthy eating habits, and to overcome my bulimia. i also want to be able to continue to go to the gym even with the hours of my new job. i have ten more pounds to loose, and i would love to finally take it off!

Jade01
08-29-2004, 08:16 PM
My goal is to continue exercising 4-6 days a week like I have been, eat healthier snacks, and cut down on how much sugar I eat. I eat pretty healthy meals, but it's the between time that gets me. I would love to lose 10-15 pounds!

Woody's Girl
08-30-2004, 08:23 AM
Well, i don't have a goal to keep exercising, because i don't even stick to it, but i would like to loose another 20 lbs. Me back in a size 7/8 would be straight too, so that might not even be another 20 lbs, maybe 10-15. i would like to continue the eating pattern that i am doing also. But that exercising (although ) it would help me drop faster, i just don't have the motivation to do so.

ohiogirl
08-30-2004, 08:42 PM
I need to lose 10 more pounds (I've already lost 50) and I'm trying to tone my upper arms.

California Sunshine
08-31-2004, 11:40 PM
In thinking about it you know what my real goal is? To be happy or at least semi content! The weight loss does play a part in that but my frame of mine is the bigger issue and I'm sure also a part of my weight gain and lack of motivation to loose even though I am unhappy with my weight! Ah just having issues right now! I'm on anti deprassants which I think I want to come off of.I thought they were causing some of the issues I'm having lately such as not being able to sleep and missing my cycles 2 months in a row but my Doc left me a message today saying NO anti depressant should mess with my womanly functions and I need to come in for blood work because there must be an underlying problem so we shall see what that shows if anything.Anyways a little off topic I suppose but I do think depression plays a huge part in weight gain and the way we feel about ourselves.

chinikfb
09-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Peace...I'd like to loose twenty(20) lbs. by the close of this year. I will be happy. Have increased my water intake, started walking, cut back on sweets and carbs and eat more sensibly. Blessings....

Oscar714
09-18-2004, 01:30 AM
My goal is to feel awsome in a bathing suit. That says it all!

CET
09-25-2004, 05:02 PM
My goal is to not need blood pressure medications and to increase my energy and stamina. I hope losing weight will help the arthritis. I feel more "on track". I want to lose 90 pounds.

ohiogirl
10-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey ladies. Remember I said that I wanted to lose 10 more pounds?
I only have 5 more to go. And who said stress wasn't a good thing? :)
My goal is by Thanksgiving. I haven't been as diligent with my push ups, but I'm still working on it! I'll let you know!
I now weight 175. I haven't weighed that in almost 15 years! I have lost a total of 55# in the past two years. I can't believe I used to weight 230#. Disgusting!

I'll let you know my update by 11/25/04. You all keep up your goals too.

jessesgirl4ever
10-24-2004, 08:52 PM
I am so tired of this yo-yo weight of mine. I need to lose at least 50 pound but will be happy to lose 20 by the end of this year. Anyone got good weight loss or exercise ideas you wanna share?

amznbert
11-17-2004, 08:34 AM
I want to be able to run 5 miles in under an hour, be as flexable as i was 4 years ago, feel some thing other then pudding when i sit at my chair at work.....

lovenomore
11-18-2004, 02:39 PM
I want to lose 10 lbs by new years... I don't eat bad I just dont do much to lose weight anymore but I am starting too!! Just this week I have been doing crunches, walking and watching what I eat at work!! good luck to all!!

magoo
11-18-2004, 03:04 PM
i would like to lose 25 puonds. i used to be a size 4 and am now a size 9 and would be healthy at about a size 6. i eat healthy but haven't been excersising much. i am back in training for my horseback riding so that is helping but i am joining the gym this week as the winter sucks for riding my horse much. its cold up here and i have no indoor areana. i wnat to have lost 15 pounds by new years and then the rest will come.
muscle does wiegh more then fat and even if i don't lose all the wieght adn just turn some in muscles so i am toned i will be happy.
way to go all of you who have lost weight. once its on it can be a killer to get off. i was really small when i was a dancer but then i got into a accident and didn't change my eating habits so the wieght just appeared.
i just want to feel good about myself. i had a breast reduction surgury a few years ago and it made a huge differnce in how i felt and it helped to lose weight.
good luck everyone

missingmybroang
11-18-2004, 03:23 PM
i would like to lose 60 by my birthday in march.........15 a month...hopefully i can do that..

ohiogirl
11-18-2004, 08:24 PM
I have reached my goal. I lost the remaining 5#, so I have officially lost 60# before T-giving! It's been a hard road and I don't intend on going back down that road again!

Thanks everyone for sharing your goals. Now, I need to get better toned!

sellenburg
12-09-2004, 11:47 PM
i just signed up at Golds and love it! I thought I would be more self concious, but everyone there is friendly. I have put on 30 pounds since I started back working 2 years ago and my goal is to get back down to 125. And eat healthier. In my line of work its very hard, especially since I work with all guys who are MEAT N POTAO guys! LOL

cassielvben
12-11-2004, 10:42 AM
well my goal is to lose 50 lbs i want to be back at what i was at when i meet my husband ill get there eventually ive done it once i could do it again it took alot to do it but its worth it too look good for my man is what counts

Tulip
02-04-2005, 12:11 PM
My goal is to control what I eat rather than having food control me whenever things get 'just a little bit hard'..........

stephent
03-25-2005, 03:58 PM
I started off this year weighing 225, I now weigh 205, and I would like to weigh between 140-160, depending upon lean body mass.

MsAloha1018
04-01-2005, 12:53 AM
About two months ago, I weighed in at 254 pounds at my doctor's office. I regained the 30 pounds I lost a couple of years ago. Now that was discouraging. As of yesterday, I weigh 244 pounds.

My goals? To get down to 180 pounds and stay there for a little while before deciding whether I want to go to 160. To get off of my blood pressure meds. To get off of my inhaler (got diagnosed with asthma November last year). To get off of my CPAP (I have sleep apnea). To stop smoking FOR GOOD (I've been off the ciggies 16 days now). To excercise more. To eat healthier. To have better sex with less weight on me!!!

flygirlaa2
04-01-2005, 11:38 AM
My goal is to increase my stamina. I am doing a combined total of about 60-70 miles a week and want to bump it to 100. I am doing biking, stationary biking, hand biking and walking. I am going to start speed walking this weekend.

qwerty
04-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Well, I am going to post some NEW goals here...

The bad news is I gained back the 25 lbs. I had lost last year by not exercising and eating junk food at work -- in only a few months! Boy do I gain fast..:(

The good news is I have lost most of that again after dieting and effort this spring... whew!!!!

So back to work. I have decided I want to lose 15 more pounds as a first goal and then lose some later after I maintain for a while -- obviously it's the maintaining that's the hardest.

Losing is hard, but keeping it off has always been impossible for me so that is what I need to learn.

I am eating much less, drinking much less wine and now I need to get back to the gym.