View Full Version : anyone know about MS county regional facilities? (specifically Holmes-Humphreys RCF)

camzmam
08-26-2004, 11:33 PM
Hi there,
Does anyone have any loved ones at one of the regional facilities? Specifically at Holmes-Humphreys. My fiance' is considering a transfer there and wanted to get info on the visitation, jobs, proximity to airport, etc. Any info would be so appreciated.

(i checked the mdoc site and they only list specifics about the Big Three but not much on the regionals or privates.)

Thanks,
Shar

kla163
08-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Sorry, the only regional one I know about is the Stone County Regional Correction facility in Wiggins, Ms. I just wanted to answer your post to let you know people on this site do read the posts & care about you & helping you. Hopefully someone else will be able answer your question.

Amy
08-27-2004, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry Shar, I don't know either. I do have someone working on getting that kind of information though. Hopefully we will get it to you soon. In the meantime, all I know to tell you is to call the numbers listed by the DOC site. Maybe they could give you the information you need.

camzmam
08-27-2004, 10:34 PM
thanx kla 163 and Amy for answering. i kind of figured i would have to call. if i find out anything, i will let you all know.
but, kla, could you tell me what you know about Wiggins? it would still be helpful to us. thanks again.

InflightGirl
08-28-2004, 01:42 PM
I did a bunch of research on airport proximities before my honey got moved to DCF. Here are the names of the prisons, the town they're in, and the distance to the closest airport:

Carroll-Montgomery; Vaiden; Jackson (JAN) 81mi
Holmes-Humphreys; Lexington; Jackson (JAN) 63mi
Isaquena; Mayersville; Gulfport (GLH) 59mi, Jackson (JAN) 93mi
Jefferson-Franklin; Fayette; Jackson (JAN) 79mi
Kemper-Neshoba; Delkalb; Meridian (MEI) 39mi
Leake; Carthage; Jackson (JAN) 55mi
Marion-Walthall; Columbia; Hattiesburg (PIB) 34mi, Jackson (JAN) 84mi
Winston-Choctaw; Louisville; Starksville (GTR) 29mi
Stone; Wiggins; Gulfport (GPT) 34mi
George-Greene; Lucedale; Gulfport (GPT) 68mi
Bolivar; Cleveland; Memphis (MEM) 116, Greenville (GLH) 38

I hope this helps some. If anyone needs the airport info for the state or private prisons, please let me know, I have those too. :thumbsup:

northmiss
08-29-2007, 05:58 PM
My friend was there for several months. He had trustee status and worked picking up trash, on the garbage truck, at the courthouse, at the sheriffs department and then with the county maintenance guy for a while. He was transferred to Rankin because of a positive drug test and it was probably good for him that he got caught. All I can tell you is that he did not like the place at all. I visited a good bit but as far as anything bad happening to him, it just didn't happen.

I would guess the closest airport would be either Jackson or Memphis.

Visitation is much more relaxed. You can actually leave everything outside in your car and there is no car search like at the larger facilities. You can carry in 20 dollars in quarters for canteen. Watches, sunglasses, caps, etc. are all supposed to be left in the vehicle.