View Full Version : Anyone Want To Diet With Me??????

Briansbutterfly
08-25-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi Ladies... Ok, this is my idea.. I want to lose weight..So, I know for me if I diet with someone, I tend to stick to it, and seeing that you all are like my family I thought some of us could get 'serious' about this and really work at it. I am here in PTO everyday anyways. We could met in the chat room and discuss how were doing, problems were having about eating, that kind of stuff...Soooooo, if anyones interest, LET THE DIET BEGIN!!!!!!!!!:D KAT :dance: :dance: :clap:

dragnbaby2003
08-25-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm dieting now anyways...So, let's team up and, do this together...I hear it's alot more fun when you have a diet partner :D So, count me in...

Forever_Lovers
08-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Sure, I will diet with you. Do you have an excercise plan? PM me anytime.

Shona`

Oscar714
08-25-2004, 10:15 PM
I will work with you too!

timmysgirl79
08-25-2004, 10:20 PM
I'm dieting too..It will be fun to do it as a group.

Phil in Paris
08-25-2004, 10:27 PM
Yeah that's great !!! We could meet at Ladurée !!!! :yay:

http://www.laduree.fr/index.htm

Phil :p

Oscar714
08-25-2004, 10:31 PM
I always get a kick out of reading your posts Phil! :haha:

Phil in Paris
08-25-2004, 10:44 PM
Thanks Oscar :) We could also meet at Fauchon if you prefer ;)

http://www.fauchon.com/

Phil :p

Lady Wabbit
08-25-2004, 10:46 PM
I've just started the South Beach Diet!! I'm also going to start back doing water aerobics next week. Count me in.

mrsford
08-25-2004, 11:18 PM
I will join you too! Just let me know when and where. I do exercises on my arms to fight gravity while I am on the computer. It is working a little bit. I still shake, rattle, and roll with the arms, but they have some shape to them now!!

California Sunshine
08-25-2004, 11:22 PM
I plan on starting on the 1st with a diet and excercise so I'll join in!

Briansbutterfly
08-25-2004, 11:40 PM
Ok.. :dance: I'm starting in the morning...I'm going to do the Atkins, I think everyone should do what's best for them, then we can compare..The 2 exercises I do every morning and every night are something my daughter-in-law showed me.. She had great results, and I am working on my belly & abdomen.. OK the first one is pelvic tilts.. LOL You lay on the floor, your legs up & spread, (our guys will love this one) LOL and your hands flat on the floor at your sides, then you lift you butt off the floor pulling you abdomen muscles in, breathing in, and when you go down breath out...I'm going to start with 25.. Next I do crunches, legs still up, hands behind my head, (there womens sit ups) Those are harder, I'll start with 20 of them, same breathing...:dance: I'm going to weigh in tomorrow and will PM my weight to everyone who has shown interest here and start a chart. If your with me, PM me with your start weight. I'll keep a chart for you too, (and you can do the same). I'm on central time for meeting in the chat room, What's everyone on? :dance: :clap: Woo Hoo....I am so excited... I know I can do this. I did the Atkins before, I lost 8 lbs the first week, (alot of water I'm sure) but could tell the difference. I'd be glad to share what I eat, if anyone's interested.. Mostly meat and salad, eggs, the first 2 weeks.. Lots and lots of water. Thats very important....Well, here we go ladies & gent!! :dance: We are going to be soooooooo fine.....YIPPIE...... Kat

Briansbutterfly
08-25-2004, 11:44 PM
Oh...P.S. Please share what exercises you do, I also walk, Mrsford, what kind of arm exercises do you do? I got 'flabby arms".. Lady Wabbit,. what are water aerobics? You must have access to a pool. I'm up for anything to make this some what 'fun'...Thanks everyone, this is soooo cool.........

mrsford
08-26-2004, 12:54 AM
I use a three pound weight and raise my arm straight up from the shoulder 25 times each, hold the weight to my side, raise my arm to the back bending at the elbow 25 times each, weight to the side and raise arm until it is level with shoulder 25 times each, and finally hold the weight in my hand, palm up and raise the weight to my shoulder, bending the arm at the elbow. Phew! Now I know why my arms are sore some days! I walk my dog daily, at least a 10 block walk each time. You would think I would be rail thin, truth is my legs are solid, my arms have some shape, and my stomache is something else. LMFAO! I am not sure about those pelvic thrust things. I am afraid I will not be able to get back up after those! I am going to try, may take me a while.

mrsford
08-26-2004, 12:57 AM
I am going to start using my YMCA membership and swim and use the equipment in there. The crazy part is I have paid a fortune for this membership so I could take my grandkids, and have not been there the past 3 months. It expires in January, so I am going to get to work. I will go there tomorrow after work, before I even go home. That way I won't be tempted to stay at the house and not go there. It is a brand new YMCA and has EVERYTHING! And open 6 days a week. I am ashamed of myself for not going there more often. Wish me luck!

LBoogie0810
08-26-2004, 01:11 AM
what the hell.... I'm in...

Gemini4lif
08-26-2004, 07:50 AM
I have been doing the Atkins induction for a week now, and going to the gym 5 days a week. My starting weight was 189, not weighing myself until the end of induction next week. But I would love to join in on this!

If anyone would like to do Atkins, I found this support group where you can get information on the diet, etc. http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com/

Patrice

Patrice

Jasonslite
08-26-2004, 08:47 AM
I'm in..I'm in! Okay I only have the computer mon-fri but I'll let it be know how the weekend went. I have a goal by October-my birthday (I want a belly peircing) so I am doing a lot of crunches and leg lifts. I also have 3lb weights that I use for toning my arms and I have one of those exercise balls. Those are great! You can do sit ups and alot more with out straining your back. I am trying to watch my total fat and saturated fat intake. I try not to go over anything with 7grams of fat. Lots of water, have stopped drinking pop (maybe one or two a week) that has cut down on the migraines big time. As far as walking I walk in place at home to build up my lungs because right now I get out of breath very easily. So when I can start walking at a fast pace with out swallowing gulps of air then I will start walking outside and maybe running.

gipsyrose
08-26-2004, 09:24 AM
I worked at the local 'Y' here for 4 and a half years. Anyone who works or volunteers there gets a FREE basic membership. That still would give you access to the weight room, pool, day care while working out, the track and cheaper prices for any classes you'd want to take. That's the way it is here though. I loved it!! I started working there helping with their before & after school care.

Something to consider looking into :D

Briansbutterfly
08-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Thanks everyone for your info, Patrice that Atkins bulletin board is awesome, thanks, alot of questions answered...I still believe everyone needs to diet according to what works for them, the Atkins is very 'controled', and isn't good for everyone. Please check the link Patrice posted if your thinking about doing it, and have never tried it before.. Like anything else it's moderation....Happy Dieting!!! Kat

Lady Wabbit
08-26-2004, 10:43 AM
I do water aerobics at the YMCA. Water aerobica is a non weight bearing exercise routine. The class is 45 minutes 3 times a week. I lost 70 lbs in 9 months. THEN QUIT GOING. I gotta get back because I've put about 30 back on.*L* I have MS and can't do the usual floor exercises. This is also good for anyone who has artheritis.

PatMD7
08-26-2004, 11:22 AM
I'm dieting & exercising at Curves.
I'd love to join the group. Please let me know when & where.

Jade01
08-26-2004, 04:52 PM
Count me in! I've been exercising almost every day for nearly 4 months now, but I'm still working on the diet part of it all. For exercise, I give myself many options so I don't get bored with one thing, I either do tae-bo and crunches, walk/jog for 30 minutes and do crunches and arm weights, or go to the gym for 45 minutes. With diet, I eat pretty healthy meals, but I'm trying to work on what I eat between meals --- way too much sugar!! I'm not seeing any big results with all this exercise I'm doing, so I am really trying to change my diet! This support group sounds great!!!

wanit2bover
08-26-2004, 08:08 PM
Okay this is just what I have been looking for.

I am on the low carb thing, it works well for ME but I don't believe in a one size fits all so I will support y'all in whatever path you choose. I need to be be dedicated to my excersise program so can I find an encourging partner/partners out there? I have 40 lbs to lose!

Tammy

meadow22
08-27-2004, 09:24 AM
hey everyone! i just wanted to wish you all luck. believe it or not i am trying to do total opposite, i can't gain weight. i have been trying to gain weight for over 3 years and nothing worked for me. so i finally started working out to gain muscle and drinking high protein and high calorie shakes. but even though it is total opposite it is just as hard. i guess my point here is that i understand how you guys are feeling about trying to lose weight. if you want i can give post up my program and you can can do all these work outs at home. a lot of the stuff is on that balance ball, but man it works! you dont need it though, you can just use some weights. and for losing and toning you would use less weight and more reps. i am opposite. just pm me or let me know if anyone is interested in the work outs!

Briansbutterfly
08-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Well absolutely.. You got exercise for toning we can do at home, let us have it!!!:eek: We are ready, willing and able!!! I'm sure even tho your trying to gain, muscle toning and building is just as important for us. It's all about being healthy. Thanks so much for thinking about us 'over weight' ladies....:dance: We are all on our way and very excited...I look forwar to hearing from you!! Thanks... Kat HAPPY NOT DIETING!!!!! :dance: :D

meadow22
08-27-2004, 10:37 AM
sure thing as soon as i get home from work i will post them all up for you :)

*Johnny's Angel*
08-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Well i would like to join but I found out a secret. FOOD IS GREAT TASTING AND I LOVE IT. so what i did was I quit smokin and joined a gym, riding the bike for 30 minutes, using weights on my arms, using the crunch machine, then either ride the bike again or this other weird thing for 10 minutes before I leave. It gives you a nice looking body, you eat good foods, and so far Im loosing 1 pound a day. AND GUESS WHAT! im eatin mcdonalds for lunch today!

Ive tried to diet before, but then there will be oneday that you reward yourself to something good, and when you do that you tend to over do it (like 3 bigmacs a quaterpounder large fry and shake)

When i diet i feel week also, while im at the gym i feel stronge.

I have a lot of faith in you girls though that you can do it. My dad lost 50 pounds on the south beach diet in less than a year.

Maybe i am dieting too though, the only thing im not drinkin anymore is soda, and i am adding some fruit into my snacks throughout the day

Alot of poeple dont have the time or money to go to a gym, but i found a really cheap place that I now go to. I was never able to get up and work out at my house cause it was boring, the place i go to actaully makes u want to go.. But anyway GOOD LUCK TO U ALL ON UR DIET!