View Full Version : Central Florida Reception Center - Main Unit

Pages : [1] 2

mirid
08-24-2004, 07:33 PM
I was wondering if anybody knows anything about CFRC-Main? I don't know how long my guy is supposed to be there? He still hasn't even gotten a classification level?? How long does this normally take? This is all very confusing? Anybody who knows anything about the process....PLEASE help me out with some info! Thanks all!!

sweetpea
09-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Hiya Mirid! My husband was at CFRC Main for two months and then got moved to his permenant camp. I know some who have stayed there for 2 years, but in those cases they are told that CFRC will be their permenant camp. He should get his classification level almost immediately after he goes there, because if he does get moved to his permenant camp, they need to know which ones he is qualified for. I know this must be tough on you, we're here for you to help you out along the way.

spiritdreamer
06-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Yatahe - Hi everyone :) just looking for any information about CFRC-Main Unit. My beautiful husband Red Hawk has just been transferred there. I havent heard from him this past week :( - I knew there was a lot of unrest in his last place. He wanted moved. I only found out where he was moved to by searching the facility records..... I would be grateful if any one can tell me anything. I need to hear from my husband and I need to write to him. And can you tell me do you know if he will get all the mail that I sent to him this week to his old Correctional Institution?.... Isnt it a hundred times worse when you dont know whats going on.... IM GOING CRAZY HERE:angry:
Pilamayaye - thank you dear friends
Spirit Dreamer:)

D'sLady
06-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Hi hun, yes it is always worse when you don't know what's going on.

He will get his mail wherever he is, it just may take a little longer since they have to forward it to his current facility. Also, he may not be staying at CFRC, anyone who is in Central Florida and is being transfered somewhere gets held at CFRC for a few weeks till it's time for him to be moved again to his permanent facility. He should be able to call you from there but that generally takes a few days also.

Just hang in there, it will be ok.

Becky

Soinlovew/him
06-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Yes she is right. My man just left CFRC and is now at Marion Correctional. Hang in there!

AnnieW
06-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Can you visit at CFRC? I have been told yes, and I have been told no. Does anyone know for sure?

Annie

so_hurt
08-30-2006, 10:52 AM
When I called the facility up to find out about visitation, they said: "inmate that are held there just for a while until they get transferred to their 'home prison' can not get any visits. Inmates who spend all there time at CFRC can get visits." So I guess you can't visit him there because he'll get transferred again, right?

JohnsHeart
09-18-2006, 10:23 AM
CFRC is just where they are evaluated, most people dont end up staying there unless they have a serious medical problem that cant be treated at another facility.
hopefully it wont take them long to transfer him so you can see him.

Herbawitz
10-14-2006, 01:18 PM
My son Joshua just got sent to CFRCMain and I dont know anything. I saw his picture last night and he looks terrible. The pain in his eyes and face is unbearable. Thanks for this thread...still confused.
Stefanie

Herbawitz
10-19-2006, 12:55 PM
I got a letter yesterday from my son. It was wonderful to hear from him. He sounded ok. He can not make any calls for 3 weeks or so. No visits because he will be transferred. The nightmares I had were so bad it was great to hear him in the letter. Praise God

Pantasia
10-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks Steph at least I can ease my mind as far as the phone calls ... sheesh 3 weeks and what are they supposed to be there like 4 weeks?

JohnsHeart
10-22-2006, 09:23 AM
yeah the average stay in reception is about a month

Herbawitz
10-22-2006, 10:42 AM
The visitation list can not be transferred from one facility to another though right? So, every time he gets transferred I have to fill out a new form and then wait to be approved? Ugh.

stevie63
10-24-2006, 06:01 PM
My boyfriend just got sentenced to 5 years. He is now at CFRC-Main. He arrived there on Oct. 20, 2006. I have sent him letters everyday and haven't heard anything from him. Can they send and recieve mail and can they use the phone? How long after they leave CFRC before you can visit them? When he was in county I talked to him everyday so not knowing what's going is killing me.Does anyone know anything. Thanks Kathy

Herbawitz
10-24-2006, 07:18 PM
stevie63, welcome to PTO!! you will find lots of answers if you read all the posts on here and look for all the threads. My son is at CFRC right now so you will find my posts and threads. I got a lot of information and have only found this website about 2 weeks ago. It does seem that CFRC will be the hardest for us as they are out of touch for a bit. He can receive mail and you may get a letter in a week or so. I wouldn't count on a phone call as that takes weeks. You have to wait for him to go to his permanent facility before you can visit him and that wont be for weeks either. I write my son a lot and check the website www.dc.state.fl.us (http://www.dc.state.fl.us) for any updated news. Let me know if I can help in any way. Hang in there, this seems to be the hardest part after county. PM me if you want. This is a great website full of information and lots and lots of support! Welcome to PTO.

Herbawitz
10-24-2006, 07:19 PM
stevie63, welcome to PTO!! you will find lots of answers if you read all the posts on here and look for all the threads. My son is at CFRC right now so you will find my posts and threads. I got a lot of information and have only found this website about 2 weeks ago. It does seem that CFRC will be the hardest for us as they are out of touch for a bit. He can receive mail and you may get a letter in a week or so. I wouldn't count on a phone call as that takes weeks. You have to wait for him to go to his permanent facility before you can visit him and that wont be for weeks either. I write my son a lot and check the website www.dc.state.fl.us (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/) for any updated news. Let me know if I can help in any way. Hang in there, this seems to be the hardest part after county. PM me if you want. This is a great website full of information and lots and lots of support! Welcome to PTO.

mistynaires
01-17-2007, 07:37 PM
my husband is currently at CFRC-East. He will be there 60 days on jan 22. He sent me a visitation form and I sent it back and called his classification officer to see if i could come visit and she told me i could visit after 60 days. It took 3 weeks to get a phone call because they have to get there pin number and the phone list approved.

waiting_on_him_
01-19-2007, 06:33 PM
My bf spent 6 1/2 years at CFRC-East, so it is possible that he could stay there. My bf went through the Main Unit for processing and then just went across the way to the East Unit. You can always call his clissification officer to find out what's up; I've always found them to be helpful. 7 down, 13 to go.

waiting_on_him_
01-22-2007, 11:52 AM
I went to see my bf at Marion CI this weekend I asked him about the time it took to process him through CFRC he said it typically takes 8 weeks. If they are not moved by then, they will stay at CFRC. Hope that helps some one.

anjon
04-28-2007, 11:02 PM
It helped me thanks. My son has been in CFRC for just over 5 weeks now, first he was in the main unit and then got moved across to the East unit as Main got full. He has had most of the tests just needs the psych and physical tests - although last wednesday they told him to pack up all his stuff and go to medical, which he did and then was told to go back and unpack- no explanation nothing:confused: I was wondering why he was being kept there so long until I read your post.:)

EnigmaInFL
05-07-2007, 10:19 AM
My friend just got sent to CFRC-Main last week. Man, that would be great if he could stay there for his entire three years as it's only a 30 minute drive from where myself and his family lives.

michaels wifey
08-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Okay, I just got a letter from my husband asking for phone numbers and stuff for his list, but he said he can't call until he gets to his perm camp, and when I called CFRC they told me it takes 2-3 weeks for them to call and that they are usually at the Main for about 6-8 weeks!!! What's the deal?

Florida Girl
08-12-2007, 09:48 AM
What do you mean by "they are usually at the Main for about 6-8 weeks"? Do you mean you were told your DH wouldn't get transferred for 6-8 weeks and that he won't be able to call you until then??

This is how it worked for me...my BF was transferred to the SFRC on 3/28. His first call to me from there was on 4/6. My understanding is that 10 days is the norm, barring any complications, i.e. phone bills needing to be faxed, etc. He was then transferred to hell, errr...his permanent camp on 4/24...and even though it took two days to get there and they stopped at another facility one night, he was able to continue to call me as the phone list, once approved...follows. Does that make sense?

Your DH should be able to call you from CFRC once his phone list is approved and should not have to wait until he goes to his permanent camp. But even if he does, it doesn't necessarily mean it'll take 6-8 weeks. My BF was transferred out within 4 weeks. Keep your chin up...this is the worst of it...it will get better once you're able to at least have regular contact with your DH again.

pursueHim
08-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Hello,
I also wonder if anyone has any experience with someone being in "CFRC" of Orlando. I have heard some good and some bad. Heard that it is not just for youth, but for all ages. Just wondering.
Brenda Hutchins

michaels wifey
08-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Last week I called CFRC asked how long before they would be able to make phone calls, and then asked how long it takes before they are moved. CFRC informed me that it takes 2-3 weeks before they can make phone calls and that they are usually there for 6-8 weeks, sometimes less, sometimes more.

I then received a letter from my husband stating he wouldn't be able to make phone calls until he got to his perm camp. Why is that? Is it because he doesn't want to put in a list not having everyones' name on it and having to wait 6 months to update? If this is the case I'll kick his ass because I should be the only one he is worried about calling and if takes 6 months for him to talk to anybody else tough shit!!! :angry: But I do think he wants to have all the numbers where he can reach me in the event that I am not home. :)

Thanks!

Ross811
08-13-2007, 10:33 AM
He will be able to call you from the reception center, once his list is approved. He doesn't have to wait until he is at his permanent camp.

michaels wifey
08-16-2007, 10:23 PM
So I Spoke With His Classification Officer Today, She Said If He Didn't Turn In A List At Classification Then He Wouldn't Be Able To Post It Until He Got To His Permanent Facility...so Note To All Of You: Make Sure Your Loved One Has The List Days Before The Classification, Make Sure It Is The First Thing You Send (it Takes 3-4 Days For Them To Get The Mail From When It Is Sent....) Because My Husband Didn't Have His List Because Of The Slow Mailroom He Has To Wait Till He Gets Moved To His Perm Facility This Make Me Very Mad, Because He Could Be There For Another 6 Weeks!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

pursueHim
08-17-2007, 06:45 AM
My boy is at CFRC Main too and they told me when I called the classification officer that we need to send money and paper and envelopes for communication. I think she said no calls for about three weeks...the MCI guy was there three days ago approving any numbers and giving them id bands that allow them to call. So I do not know if there will be calls allowed, seems like it. But it might not be until they get to their main place they will stay. James is 18 and I know at the CFRC main they divide them up as far as age, they keep the 18 year olds in a pod alone....how old is your guy? The 18 year olds have to wear red hats. Theya re not allowed to mix in with the older males. Each age section has a designated pod....like....19 years old to 20 in one....21-22...23-24....they keep them apart. Well, hope you get a call...I called the chaplin there just to see if James was there and ok....then I talked to James' classification officer.
She was nice and helpful. James is in until march too.
Be well,
'til you are reunited,
Brenda

michaels wifey
09-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Okay so I got a letter from my husband saying his CO allowed him to turn his phone list in on Tuesday, I believe he tried calling me this morning, but bellsouth had put my phone on annonymous call rejection, which i specifically told them they couldn't do...so his call didn't go through, his cellmates mom called me to tell me what was going on and i have taken care of everything and wonder if he will call again tonight, what are the hours of calls for CFRC man?!?

michaels wifey
09-01-2007, 03:01 PM
My husband has been at CFRC for 4 weeks now, he put is phone list in on tuesday, I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting his call!!! I hope he calls soon, i'm just sitting and waiting, I wonder where he will get moved to, i read that if they are there 60 days you can put in for visitation, so when can you put your app in for visitation?

michaels wifey
09-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Okay, so here's something I learned.

On Sunday, my husband will be there 45 days, you are eligible for a special visit after they have been there 45 days. I called his CO earlier this week to find out what I would need for that special visit so I can see him for his birthday.

She gave me the details, I also checked on his transfer status and she said his classification was still on her Supervisors desk.

Two days letter the DOC web site was updated with his classification status. I am calling Tallahassee on Monday.

Once she knew that I would be applying for the special visit, her next call was to her supervisor who said approve his custody and get it to tallahasse...he'll more than likely be moved next week so they don't have to worry about the special visit....so those of you who have loved ones waiting to be transferred, where they are at is hell and the best thing you can do is call about 5 days before the 45 day mark and request the special visitation process...that will get them moving. :)

michaels wifey
09-17-2007, 08:45 AM
He left this morning for Taylor CI. I knew it!!! But I hear they are pretty fast about visitation approvals so maybe i can make it up for my birthday which is two weekends after his, its going in the mail today!

Just_Be
09-17-2007, 09:08 AM
He left this morning for Taylor CI. I knew it!!! But I hear they are pretty fast about visitation approvals so maybe i can make it up for my birthday which is two weekends after his, its going in the mail today!

WoooHooo!
My visitation app was approved in about 2 weeks. Pretty quick compared to some of the horror stories I've read on here. My man is at the Annex rather than Taylor Main, though I doubt that matters.

angelblueeyes
09-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Okay, so here's something I learned.

On Sunday, my husband will be there 45 days, you are eligible for a special visit after they have been there 45 days. I called his CO earlier this week to find out what I would need for that special visit so I can see him for his birthday.

She gave me the details, I also checked on his transfer status and she said his classification was still on her Supervisors desk.

Two days letter the DOC web site was updated with his classification status. I am calling Tallahassee on Monday.

Once she knew that I would be applying for the special visit, her next call was to her supervisor who said approve his custody and get it to tallahasse...he'll more than likely be moved next week so they don't have to worry about the special visit....so those of you who have loved ones waiting to be transferred, where they are at is hell and the best thing you can do is call about 5 days before the 45 day mark and request the special visitation process...that will get them moving. :)

how do i request a special visit

angelblueeyes
09-21-2007, 05:49 PM
how do i go about getting a special visit

bturner
10-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Does anyone know if you can visit on the weekends at CFRC? I thought I had heard you cant but my boy will be there today through Monday and I would love to pop over there and see him. Thanks for any help!

michaels wifey
10-04-2007, 12:20 PM
not that i'm aware of...unless it's a special visit and you have to contact his CO.

mikenchris8085
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
what are the times and is anyone getting calls from cfrc-main

foreveryours08
02-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Hello I am hoping someone can help me in here. My b/f was just transferred this morning to cfrc-main in Orlando. I have been looking on the offender search for his dc# and he is not there. How long does it usually take for him to show up? I really want to send him a letter so he knows I know where he is but I do not know his dc#. I found out through vinelink that he was at cfrc. Also what can I send him in there, stamps? And if anyone knows what that place is like? Thanks in advance for your replies...:idea:

anjon
02-21-2008, 01:51 PM
DOC usually update their website after midnight every night. If you stay up late he should show up on there in the early hours of tomorrow morning. On the fldoc website click on general information and it will give you mostly everything you need to know re mailing etc. You can send stamps and writing materials. My son went to CFRC main and it was two weeks before he could contact us, but I wrote to him every day and also put money in his account so that he was good to go when allowed to use the canteen. Hang in there it won't be long before he can phone :)

Callygirl
03-12-2008, 10:37 PM
My son just went to CFRC today can you tell how they treat the inmates there? I am so worried? Thank you

missmycuppycake
03-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Does anyone have a loved one at CFRC-Main Dorm D3???

CubonnoDj
04-04-2008, 03:39 PM
i just found out my friend was in their. and i dono where or why yet except he violated. orland cfrc is mean and they have strict rools exspecially visitation.. you mess up you gone.. they dont play 1 kis 1 hug when you get their & when you leave no touching..at all during visits unless you a baby or kid/// no fun...

CubonnoDj
04-04-2008, 03:42 PM
But what i am really wondering is their any one here that has a loved one in hernando co ci:(

davidsangel
04-10-2008, 07:35 AM
well my fiance just reached cfrc yesterday, im hoping he'll get to stay at the east unit so he wont be too far away. god i miss him.

davidsangel
04-11-2008, 04:34 PM
im so happy i just got my 1st letter from him. ugh....it seems like years. this time goes by so slow. i'd be alot better if i could just hear his voice or see him. but a letter is better than nothing. i balled my eyes out and have read his letter 12 times already. im losing it.

gertie27
04-16-2008, 05:36 PM
My friend did 4 years at CFRC - he was made a permanent there - typically it's just an intake camp until they get shipped to their permanent prison. He did the time okay, with only 1 DR. Not a lot of open air dorms - he was in a 2 man cell the entire time, and personally, from what I hear, I think that is better. Too much chaos when you get 70 guys in a dorm. Anyway, I never particularly thought that visit was strict, but he was just my friend, so we weren't trying to get away with anything anyway! ha ha The room is very, very large, and I never felt that the guard were right "on top" of you, as they are in other camps where the VP room is small. The outdoor part at CFRC-Main is small though.

Mrs.Woody
05-15-2008, 09:07 PM
hello everyone I am kind of new at this but I am writing because my husband vada woody was sent to the cfrc like 3 1/2 weeks ago he wrote me like as soon as he got there the letter was beautiful, I wrote him back like 4 times and still have not recieved a response or phone call its driving me crazy it makes me wonder if he is even getting my letters i asked if he was in the whole or something they told me no so i just cant figure out what the problem is, its not like him just not to write or call..... cal someone please let me know how there mail system works im worried, and hate being in the dark on matters like this plus im sure the cfrc is tired of me calling everyday...........:angry:

davidsangel
05-16-2008, 12:06 PM
well my fiance has been at cfrc-main then moved to east and now he's back at the main unit he's been there since 4/9/08 it was taking him 10 days to get my letters(i date all of them so he knows). and now it's taking 5 days so mail is speeding up a lil bit. his phone list was turned in but not activated yet. ugh it's driving me insane. i hate his classification officer, she's a real B****. lol. he's in dorm d so if anyone has a loved one in dorm d let me know. i get all his mail usually within 1-2 after it's been sent out so outgoing mail moves pretty quick. i have a direct email and phone number for the warden at cfrc if anyone needs to direct any concerns or important matters, pm me and i'll give it to you. cfrc seems to be very aggravating for us and our loved ones. im hoping he'll get to stay at cfrc though because im in cocoa, and he's only 30 min away.

krackergrl
05-16-2008, 05:32 PM
when my fiance was at CRFC main at the end of 07, it took 10-20 days for him to get my letters, he's back there again, he just got there a few days ago im not expecting him to get them again for 10 days. it stinks

davidsangel
05-16-2008, 09:09 PM
when my fiance was at CRFC main at the end of 07, it took 10-20 days for him to get my letters, he's back there again, he just got there a few days ago im not expecting him to get them again for 10 days. it stinks

ya i dont know why they're so slow, i was told it's because they're so overpopulated, that its hard to keep up w/ all the mail. i wish they would just hurry up and activate his pin so we can start talking.

krackergrl
05-17-2008, 03:03 AM
ya i dont know why they're so slow, i was told it's because they're so overpopulated, that its hard to keep up w/ all the mail. i wish they would just hurry up and activate his pin so we can start talking.

yeah..i think they gotta do something about it..jay would tell me that he'd get batches at a time, it makes more sense to put more people in the mail room or whatever, and move em as they get it..it would move em out faster than holding em off forever and sending em in bundles. who knows.

Ladyluke
06-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Help, sorry I am new to this. Could anyone tell me can they make calls to cell phones. I know in the county jail you had to have a prepaid account is that the same for CFRC inmates

MontiisAngel
06-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Fla prisons can only call landlines.......

21months
06-06-2008, 07:31 AM
So, I was wondering if any of you have had your loved one recently moved to Orlando reception? If so, are you allowed to set up the phone calls once he gets there? I mean can you send your phone bill there to start the process? My man said that you can't until he gets to his permanent camp. Also, if you have a visitation form, can you send it there? I've heard they can't get visits there, but I just want to get the ball rolling on eveything. That way when he does get to his perm. camp I can go see him immediately!:D

ben's girl
06-06-2008, 04:34 PM
1) He can go ahead and turn your phone number in on his phone list while he is at CFRC. The timeframe varies on how long it takes for them to get it approved.

2) Unless he is made permanent, which is highly unlikely, you will not be able to visit at CFRC. You will need to wait to send your visitation form to his permanent facility. Approval times also vary from facility to facility. The average time is pretty much 2 weeks from what I've seen.

21months
06-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the response and also thank you for moving the thread. I thought that I should have put it here a little after I posted. Thanks again!!

maxie
06-22-2008, 03:30 PM
My son just got to CFRC a few days ago. Can I write to him and send stamped envelopes and paper? Also, can I put money in his account?

ldinges
06-22-2008, 09:42 PM
You can send him 10 sheets of paper, 10 envelopes and a book of stamps in an envelope by themselves. You can write to him as often as you want, just make sure you put him DC # on envelope. You may also want to send him the front page of your phone bill, w/address, name and phone number, just in case they have a problem verifying the info. It will save on the frustation level if there is a problem. If number is unlisted or unpublished, it will be a necessity.

As soon as you have his DC # you can put money in his account. You can send it jpay and maybe western union (some people are saying they are having a problem?). You can also call DOC and they can send you deposit slips so that you can send a money order thru mail.

You can go on florida dept of corrections website, under inmate search and put in his name and it will give you his name and a lot of other info, click on him name and you'll get more info. I hope this helps some.

maxie
06-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks , Indinges. Another thing. I went to Western Union to send him monry, and they said I had to know the western union code for the city and state of his facility. He's in CFRC main orlando. Does anyone know how I find the code? Thanks.

ben's girl
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks , Indinges. Another thing. I went to Western Union to send him monry, and they said I had to know the western union code for the city and state of his facility. He's in CFRC main orlando. Does anyone know how I find the code? Thanks.

I don't know the code. Use www.jpay.com (http://www.jpay.com) instead. No code necessary. All you need is his name, DC # and state (?). The fee is based on the amount of money you send.

Wireless
10-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Hi Everyone,
I am also new to this and have been trying to muddle through the DC website to set my expectations and understand the rules.

It does seem that my letters have long delays getting to my son. He was sent to CFRC on Sept 16th and is still waiting to see his classification officer.

I thought I would share some other experiences so far with you as well. It is not only difficult for them to get anything at the canteen, but to get information on their status.

At the commissary, it seems that there are long lines and to get more than 5 items you have to bribe the commissary clerk with a pack of cigarettes, if you are even able to get the 5 items.

Make sure he has money in his Inmate Trust Account to buy paper, envelopes and stamps otherwise unless someone is kind enough to give him some he will have no way of sending you letters. The quickest way is use JPay. I waited over 3 weeks to get a deposit slip to send a money order to Tallahassee. I also send him stamped envelopes and paper when I send him a letter. Not sure he is always getting them. I started writing his name in the return address of the envelope.

They are not given any information on when they will be processed or transported to a home detention center. I am sure that it is all part of the “mental process” of owing them nothing and being grateful for what they do have. One night my son was woke up at 2:30 in the morning and told to roll up. He was transferred to the transition center and stayed there most of the night. He was then sent back to Main with no explanation of why he was not transferred.

Currently he has attempted to get a wash cloth, soap dish and notebook paper which he has not been able to do as of yet without I am assuming paying the bribe.

You can send books from the publisher or Amazon.com, but be careful that they are paperbacks and have no spiral bindings. Plastic or metal or they will not get them.

Certainly, I would appreciate any other information on what other people have experienced to help get through the process.

boop's mom
11-05-2008, 06:04 PM
HI My son was just transferred to CFRC today, I think, when I called the number they told me it takes 24 hours to get in the system. Thank goodness I asked about phone calls and she told me could be up to 3 weeks or I'd be going crazy, stinks the county jail wouldn't even let him call and tell me he was being transferred. Anything anyone can tell me about the process would be great. He got a year and a day with 63 days served in county, my best guess is early July, does anyone know how long before the release date is posted?
Thanks to all who reply and God bless, I know the hell we go through, I will never believe my baby deserved this

nancy715
11-09-2008, 03:40 PM
My son was transferred to Orlando and I have surprisingly gotten 2 letters from him so far. I've been told he will be there anywhere from 3-8 weeks..what determines where they will be placed?

ben's girl
11-09-2008, 05:36 PM
My son was transferred to Orlando and I have surprisingly gotten 2 letters from him so far. I've been told he will be there anywhere from 3-8 weeks..what determines where they will be placed?

Their custody level will play a part in determining which prisons they can go to and then it will be based upon where a bed becomes available. Was you sentenced under youthful offender? If so, there are only a few facilities that he could be sent to. If no, then he could be sent pretty much anywhere from the panhandle to south Florida.

boop's mom
11-09-2008, 07:53 PM
My son is 20 but I don't believe he was sentenced as a youthful offender so that means he can go anywhere? Do they let them know ahead of time where they are going? How do they determine custody level?, he has no violent crimes was basically a vop that got him to this point.

boop's mom
11-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Mine was transferred there on the 5th,gives me hope I may get a letter soon, I have already sent him 2. This is the 2nd hardest thing I've ever endured, the 1st being my daughters cancer diagnosis but thank God she is recovered. God bless us everyone

mccuneday
11-10-2008, 03:24 PM
ok here is what i know my son was there for 3 months and no visits then he was transfered to brevard and i sent a visitor app that i received from someone else who e-mailed to me don't wait for them to send it get it and mail it to their permenant camp the day you know they are there .this speedse it up my son was at brevard 3 weeks and then they transfered him back to cfrc and i got a visit there because i was already approved even though he was going to be transfered to lake city . as far as phones there call and ask for the person who handles the phones and don't give up you'll have to call several times before someone answers then fax your phone bill and they will give him a pin when i called they let my son call the next day the visitation apps go with them but i've found they have to update phone list at every facility and you have to fax the phone bill everytime hope this helps

boop's mom
11-14-2008, 09:02 AM
When they are transferred form CFRC to another facility does their stuff go with them? Like if he had bought some clothing articles while he was there? Or if they order from the catalog and haven't received items before transfer will it get to him? Just concerned cause colder weather is coming.
Thanks

ben's girl
11-17-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't believe they are allowed to order from the catalog items if they are not permanent. Anything he bought from canteen he should be allowed to take with him, but I can tell you that items my husband had at one facility were considered contraband at another so you never know. Tossed in the garbage or he had to send it home. :blah:

boop's mom
11-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Yay, got another letter, he sounds pretty OK .Says the food is way better than county but they are tough on y.o., like a boot camp... his words, then the usual, can I have some money? lol. Kid can go thru money faster than anyone I know, oh well saving not feeding him here so guess I can spare it. Hope everyone is having a good day..

boop's mom
11-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Just found out son's phone list approved, what times can they call from CFRC? I have to work tonight. Do they turn them off during the day on weekends? I need to go to store and would hate to miss his call.:help:

maxie
11-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Calls are allowed after 6 p.m. on weekdays, and I think after 1p.m. on weekends

thingstosay
12-01-2008, 06:12 AM
Hi all

If you are having a hard time with phone calls, call this guy he is in charge of making sure the inmates have the right of using the phone
Larry Puritin 850-410-4180

He helped me get my sons going pretty fast!!!!

HUGS

boop's mom
12-01-2008, 07:20 AM
I finally got a call and Tgiving day and another yesterday.
Thanks

Jocenana
12-24-2008, 06:22 AM
My husband just went to CRFC Main last week and believe me when I tell you this is the hardest part of the whole ordeal....waiting to hear from them....it has been a long ordeal for us, been in OCJ since July of this year and now he is going to DOC....very hard on me and my family.....because now I am the sole support, taking care of my daughter and two soon to be 3 grandchildren....father lost job and now it is all up to me.....scary....

boop's mom
12-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Jocenana, Praying for God to give you strength and faith to get you thru this rough ordeal. I hope you are good at delegating, if you have to be the money woman make sure the rest do everything else and try to take a little time for you.

faith1026
02-05-2009, 09:02 AM
my husband is now at cfrc.. only doc can make a 3 hr trip take days. from rmc to cfrc and then eventually to brevard. and all this time no phone :angry: but really i'm :cry:

please share any info u may have....:(

boop's mom
02-05-2009, 09:51 AM
I feel for you but you just have to be patient. I went over a month without a phone call with all the moving around. If he's only at CFRC a few days doubtful he will be able to call, then he may have to wait about a week when he gets to Brevard, has he been able to call at all? Is your phone already approved? That may speed things up a little.

faith1026
02-05-2009, 10:16 AM
its been 5 weeks and the phones been set up since day 2. im just beside myself....its like they just fall into the black hole. we need prison reform in this state... desperately.

boop's mom
02-05-2009, 10:42 AM
You can try calling the phone guy in Tallahassee Larry Purintin 850 410-4180, he is very helpful and will let you know if there is a problem with phone, it usually takes a couple weeks before their lists are even approved. Good luck

faith1026
02-05-2009, 10:49 AM
thank you! i already verified; the phone is fine. his letters explain that there are no chances to use the phone because the dorm he;s in is YO and all they do is fight and disrespect the c/o's. he doesnt even fault the c/o's because he says they are acting like animals pretty much 24/7. like u said, i just have to be patient. its out of our hands... UGH! i hate this.

Jocenana
02-05-2009, 12:24 PM
I have not talked to my husband since Dec 19 and the phone has been approved and it takes forever for them to be able to call or write. He has been tranfered twice since he left CRFC and ended up in Jasper 3 1/2 hours away from me......

ejordan865
02-05-2009, 07:47 PM
How do you know if phone has been approved? Its been a month since my boyfriend has been in cfrc...can anybody call and check? He told me in his last letter Jan 28 that he would be able to call next week which is this week...frustrating I just keep waiting and waiting and its not a good feeling:angry:

faith1026
02-05-2009, 09:16 PM
you can get the # for the phone representative from his classifications officer; or email the address on the dc site and request it.. my husbands was approved at RMC and thats how i found out. doesnt even matter that its approved tho because they never give him phone access. i just call and be polite to the classifications staff and they help. well at rmc they did. whole new deal at cfrc and he is supposed to go to brevard tomorrow .... this whole process is horrible; imagine how it is for them?:(

boop's mom
02-05-2009, 10:41 PM
My son is also a YO and he said they same thing, 1 screws up they all lose privileges. he should be able to call in a week or so after he gets to Brevard.

faith1026
02-06-2009, 06:35 AM
if i remember correctly, your son had a hard time at brevard, right? also, website still says cfrc again today for my husband. what a process this is...

ben's girl
02-06-2009, 06:38 AM
The website is not going to update until the day after they get wherever they are going, usually.

tampamed
02-06-2009, 07:47 AM
My bf called me last night from CFRC-Main and their phones are messed up...it sounded like he was on a cell the call was so choppy he had to call me back. The second time was a little better but then the CO cut his phone call and I cant figure out why we always have real clean conversations obviously. He says he is miserable there and after last night I can see why....hopefully all our guys who are there will never forget how bad it is there so they dont end up there again!!

faith1026
02-06-2009, 07:55 AM
thank you tampamed!!!! if u speak to him again can u pls ask him if he knows matthew??? skinny white guy; pirate mafia tats... if so just ask him to tell matthew i love him so much and tell him i'm ok; no to worry about me so much... :(

boop's mom
02-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Did you check vinelink, sometimes they post it there sooner than on DOC. Ya my son got into a bit of a hassle at Brevard. You said you think he is going to work camp? I'm sure that will be better. My son said they usually transfer to Brevard on Thurs nite.

faith1026
02-06-2009, 10:36 PM
your son is right i think; it just finally says brevard on the website. if u speak with him again please ask him how long their orientation was and when he had phone access. if matthew got to brevard yesterday, why wouldnt he have called me today? i know he would if he could, so its got to something out of his control. i thank u so much!!!:)

ben's girl
02-06-2009, 10:52 PM
He could've arrived Friday. Tallahassee is on Eastern time so they could've already updated for Saturday. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts. :)

boop's mom
02-06-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm not sure on that he got put in confinement his 1st week there so could never call while he was there but I think someone told me orientation is about 6 weeks, he will probably call you over the weekend, I think the phones are somewhat limited, after 6 and weekends. Hope you get a call soon,keep us posted.

jonesin4jmj
02-06-2009, 11:45 PM
many things I hear on here, are not so---we had probs communicating during his transfer---if your man wants to contact you he will---otherwise well ya know what to do. The mail I get it in 2 maybe 3 days he the same----beter than if your man was in Iraq doing something haha!!!!

faith1026
02-07-2009, 07:13 AM
well i'll be a shut-in all weekend again waiting for a call just in case there's a miracle. my husband would call me every 5 seconds if he could, so this is not encouraging for him to not have called yet. i called the prison today and they're saying he may not have any phone access at all for 1-2 weeks. i can not even understand anymore. he's not even supposed to be YO!!! the classification officer at RMC said he was NOT YO status; and now he's sent to Brevard as a YO and I cant do a thing or even get anyone to help me. what country are we living in any more:(

boop's mom
02-07-2009, 07:43 AM
My son was not sentenced as a YO but if they meet the criteria they are automatically put as one. Welcome to the hell we all know as DOC,but stick around PTO we will all get thru this together.

tampamed
02-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Hey Faith1026 I spoke w/ my bf this morning and I asked him if he knew a Matthew with pirate tats and he said no. Hopefully your husband is out of that hell-hole. I cant wait til my guy is gone from there AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ejordan865
02-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Tampamed...how long has your bf been at cfrc? Mine has been there since Jan 15th? Just wondering because you said he called and mine hasnt called yet? Ask ur bf if he knows Trent...black guy with tattoo on right arm with a dolphin that says Barbados underneath...probably doesnt I know its a big place...but if so tell him to tell Trent to call his gf as soon as he can...thanks:)

faith1026
02-07-2009, 11:11 AM
i just had a 2 minute frantic call from matthew. death threats and he is scared like ive never heard in his voice. i called the captain about protective custody and he said to call him back in anhour!! im going to pm you my phone number; if u get this please call me! i know your son had a similar experience at brevard and any info u have on how to get transferred out would be invaluable. im so upset right now; devestated. i cant not do anything, i just cant. please help.

applelovesjojo
02-13-2009, 05:40 PM
My husband was in Land O' Lakes for a month but the just moved him to CFRC-MAIN I wrote him lots of letter but he hasen't gottan any the guy he went with has gottan his letters. I have the right address but i put a kiss on the envolopes can i do that? Maybe thats why he hase'nt gottan them? Please help so lost.:(

imissmylife
02-18-2009, 09:58 PM
I was wondering if anybody knows anything about CFRC-Main? I don't know how long my guy is supposed to be there? He still hasn't even gotten a classification level?? How long does this normally take? This is all very confusing? Anybody who knows anything about the process....PLEASE help me out with some info! Thanks all!!
How long is your guy there? Miine is there for almost 4 weeks and no word from him yet. I send letters and money but nothing. He is not classified for custody. I don't have a land line only cells and he can't call even if they let him. Do you want to talk privately? I don't know how to do this, but send me a reply and I can try to find out. I send mail daily and embedded stamped envelopes and paper, but still nothing. Do you know if they sometimes keep them there? What is his sentence? Mine is due to get out on Dec 9 this year. He got one year and one day, but I don't know if they took off time for 85% or for the time he spent in Land O lakes. Please contact me.

Jocenana
02-19-2009, 06:01 AM
He could be at CFRC-Main for as long as it takes to get a bed. Since the prisons are so overcrowded it took my husband almost 6 weeks and I did not hear from him at all.
The system will not show his 85% but it does change the date once a month to reflect the gain time. It all comes off the back of the sentence so you start at the most time he could do. Mine was not until Nov 9th but his release date with the 85% is Aug so I would possibly say he might get out in Sept...mine had 16 mths so yours got about the same amount of time...hope this helps...

Jamesyswife
02-20-2009, 06:08 PM
My fiance is going to CFRC on Thursday late night. I am worried mainly about getting him money and sent him letters. I know it will be at least a few weeks before he can call and longer to visit with him. How long until I can send him money and write and how do I find out his dc number when he gets there. Do I have to wait for him to write to me or see it online and how long does that take? Please help. I am not familiar with the system.:confused:

ben's girl
02-20-2009, 07:03 PM
You will need to watch the DOC website for him to show up so you can get his DC#. Once you have that you're good to go with just about everything. You can start sending him because you will need to that to put on the outside of the envelope and you will need it to send him money. You can go ahead and call Tallahassee to request deposit slips for the inmate trust fund (they don't care who you are sending money to). The number is 1-866-209-7250. Just follow the prompts. You can also send money using www.jpay.com (http://www.jpay.com) if you want it to get there the same day, but it will cost you a fee that is determined by how much you are sending.

It's best to wait until he gets to his permanent facility to send in your visitation form as most of the time they will not get around to approving you at the reception center. And sometimes by the time the form gets there the inmate is moved and you would have to resend it anyway. It usually takes a couple of weeks to be approved. Just depends on the person approving the application at the facility.

Length of time to receive a phone calls also varies. He will have to turn in a phone list at the reception center. He will only be able to call landlines, no cell phones. Sometimes they will ask for a copy of your phone bill and sometimes not. If you want to play it safe, go ahead and send him a copy of the first page of your bill with all your billing info. Phone time is very limited at the reception centers, too, so he won't be able to call often.

Mail is slow, too. Just keep writing. You might get some letters from him wondering why you aren't writing him, but that's just because they are very slow to hand out mail. He'll get them. The ones he doesn't get before he moves to his permanent facility will be forwarded to him for 30 days. You can also sign up for www.vinelink.com (http://www.vinelink.com) once he has a DC#. The site will say it is a victim notification service, but anyone can signup.

I think I've covered the basics. If you have any more questions, just ask. We're glad to help. :)

imissmylife
02-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi applelovesjojo. I finally heard from my husband today. He didn't get one letter I sent and he thinks he has no money on the books when I sent over 300. using JPay and money orders. Do they play games with them? He had to sell his breakfast to get writing paper and a stamped envelope. He told me I had to send Western Union so I did today. Now let's see. Still no classification and I don't know if that's good or bad. I think they are sadistic and purposely do it to them. I ordered a land line today and hope he will be able to call collect on that. If it doesn't take him months to get our number approved. They are incarcerated. Why are they persecuted? How have you made out? Send me a PM.

applelovesjojo
02-25-2009, 10:27 PM
I got to hear from him. They moved him to CRFC-EAST .They sent my letters back cuz i had kisses on them Land O' Lakes let you send them that way but not intil he gets in his main camp i guess is when i can put a kiss on the letters. :)

tampamed
03-01-2009, 02:21 PM
My bf has been there for 6 weeks. He says he's miserable that they barely go out into the rec yard and the canteen opens only on certain days depending where ur housed. I will say the visitations arent bad. I have visited him every weekend for the last 3 weeks and the guards really dont bug anyone. Hopefully, he'll be gone soon.

imissmylife
03-06-2009, 06:51 PM
How long did it take you to finally get to speak to him? I'm sick waiting and afraid to leave the house even though I have to go for radiation treatments. Do they have special nights they can call, or any night? I'm sorry but I'm so worried and I haven't heard a word from him since he got to CFRC and I was told his phone list is approved.

faith1026
03-06-2009, 08:29 PM
honestly it was almost a month before i heard from my husband, but did stay in contact with his classification officers. his phone list was approved, yes, but he was never able to get to a phone. only now that he's finally at holmes do i get regular calls. keep writing him and checking the DOC website. monday call cfrc and see if you can get an update. its almost 3 months now, and was just finally approved to visit. it is a hellish process... but remember, we only have to get through this part once ...:o

cuttey
04-03-2009, 06:46 AM
hello ladies my man was already at work release when he had to go to court they took him to court then bought him to cfrc main do anyone know how long it takes for them to transport hime back to work release?

boop's mom
04-03-2009, 08:40 AM
They moved my son back out in a week.

JRLEPESKA
06-27-2009, 09:00 AM
My man is at the main unit at CFRC and has ben there since April 2007 although he is trying to get moved to either Okeechobee or Martin because they are closer to home. Any info on either one?

KingsWifey
07-21-2009, 02:51 PM
My fiance is headed out of county this week for the reception center. Can anyone tell me if they will return you letters if you don't have housing info on it? :angry:

My boo keeps saying just make something up but I told him they've got to have some sort of way to make sure he gets his mail if I send it. He won't be able to call right away but I want to be able to keep sending him letters and cards along with an envelope of paper, envelopes and stamps.

Can anyone tell me if I HAVE to have housing info for him when the first letter goes up or will just his name, DC # and prison name and addy do?

Thank you!!:)

JRLEPESKA
07-21-2009, 03:10 PM
My fiance is headed out of county this week for the reception center. Can anyone tell me if they will return you letters if you don't have housing info on it? :angry:

My boo keeps saying just make something up but I told him they've got to have some sort of way to make sure he gets his mail if I send it. He won't be able to call right away but I want to be able to keep sending him letters and cards along with an envelope of paper, envelopes and stamps.

Can anyone tell me if I HAVE to have housing info for him when the first letter goes up or will just his name, DC # and prison name and addy do?

Thank you!!:)
all you need is his name dc# and the address whichis 7000 HC Kelly rd., Orlando, Fl 32831. My husby is there too tell him to look rick with a cane.:thumbsup:

ben's girl
07-21-2009, 06:19 PM
His DC# will be fine, but you MUST put his DC# on it or it will be returned to you. Once he's moved to his permanent facility, some of them say you have to have his dorm/bunk #, but it's actually not required.

SapphireRose137
07-21-2009, 09:44 PM
His DC# will be fine, but you MUST put his DC# on it or it will be returned to you. Once he's moved to his permanent facility, some of them say you have to have his dorm/bunk #, but it's actually not required.

My guy told me a few month ago to include the dorm and bunk# then the next day he went to the hole. lol when he got out after the investigation he told me never mind because he knew he was going back to the hole the next week. Now that he has been out i ask him he said he gets it faster but not to worry about the dorm and bunk it will find it way to him and that the important thing.

KingsWifey
07-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Thank you to everyone that answered. I'm a ball of short nerves right now!! Every Monday or Wednesday we go through the dread of tonight's the night...nope...oh tonight's the night, nope...UGH. I don't want him to go but I'll be glad when we can get this show on the road so that we can count down until he's back home!!

heartsickmom
07-24-2009, 07:41 AM
I just got a letter from my son yesterday ...he is at CFRC Main and he included his dorm and bunk number on the return address. So I will assume that is is required. Which makes me a little mad as I have already sent 2 letters while waiting waiting for his first one .. so I hope he gets them.

Hope that helps.

ben's girl
07-24-2009, 07:53 AM
I just got a letter from my son yesterday ...he is at CFRC Main and he included his dorm and bunk number on the return address. So I will assume that is is required. Which makes me a little mad as I have already sent 2 letters while waiting waiting for his first one .. so I hope he gets them.

Hope that helps.

It is not required and sometimes the guys do that on the return address. It is required for them to put their name, DC#, facility name and address, but not any housing information. He will get your mail. Sometimes having the dorm/bunk helps them get the mail faster, but often while in reception they are moved around so it could even delay it a bit. Until he's moved to his permanent facility, unless that's CFRC, I'd leave it off. Just my .02.

merrysunshine
07-26-2009, 10:54 AM
my husband is at cfrc-main also. i just want him classified and transferred already so we can start the visitation background check so i can see him!!!!
i haven't even been able to talk to him yet, his phone list hasn't been approved. i did get a letter from him telling me that they are processing the guys pretty quick, about 3 weeks. but knowing my husband's luck, he'll get stuck there for a couple of months.
anyways, they did put the wrong release date on the doc site. now i'm working to get the court transcripts asap so we can fix that before he gets classified. what a frikin' disaster the doc is!!

mccuneday
07-26-2009, 12:33 PM
my husband is at cfrc-main also. i just want him classified and transferred already so we can start the visitation background check so i can see him!!!!
i haven't even been able to talk to him yet, his phone list hasn't been approved. i did get a letter from him telling me that they are processing the guys pretty quick, about 3 weeks. but knowing my husband's luck, he'll get stuck there for a couple of months.
anyways, they did put the wrong release date on the doc site. now i'm working to get the court transcripts asap so we can fix that before he gets classified. what a frikin' disaster the doc is!!
my son was at cfrc for about 3 months last year call and ask for david who handles the phone and start the process for him they took all the numbers for me and took the list to him to sign and then the phone worked the very next day! i did have to fax a copy of my phone bill and they gave me his pin number. when i mailed letters i only put his name and dc number and the add for the facility while at the reception center i put money on his account through jpay and it works well and quick.and they let you set up automatic payments so you don't have to remember. but when he got transfered he went to a private facility so jpay doesn't work for that one. again all of the facilities have different rules but basically the same.

KingsWifey
07-27-2009, 12:04 PM
My boo is waiting to be shipped to CFRC. He said an officer in county said they diverted a bus sent to CFRC last week because they were at capacity. WOW. He's been in county for 3 weeks since sentencing. He was told this weekend by one of the officers that they don't typically sit longer than 30 days before going to Orlando. It's like waiting on pins and needles!! I don't want him to go but we are both wanting to get going so that we can get it over with!!

Mrs.B_3608
09-20-2009, 08:25 AM
im new to this so sorry if this is not the place to ask? but does anyone know the address for cfrc main ? and what to put on it. i know you need the dc number? any reply would be great?

ben's girl
09-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Here is the address:
7000 H C Kelley Rd.
Orlando, FL 32831-2518

I usually address my envelopes like this:

John Doe / #123456
CFRC - Main (or whatever facility he's at)
Address

Mrs.B_3608
09-21-2009, 09:19 PM
thank you. he sent me a letter today wiht his dorm or somehting on it? but he said to western union money? do you know how to do that?

bjwhite1031
09-25-2009, 08:19 AM
I have a son, that's a federal prisoner, he was in Orlando Federal Jail for a year now, but had to face 1 charge in Brevard County, his sentence was concurrant with his federal sentance, but they added on 4 monts all together it's 32 months. He was calling me almost every night, writing and for the past year I visited every week same day same time.

He was transported from Brevard county last week to CFRC-Main, this is a new ball game. I haven't spoken to him or seen him yet. I've been reading these blogs and realized he can't call and visits may take up to 1 month. I received a letter from him the other day, he has NO idea why, or when he will leave. I gave him as much info as I knew. He doesn't know about filling out a form for visits or phone calls, don't they tell them anything. I may not approve of what he's done or him being in prison but he's still my son, we are very close and he feels free to talk to me about anything. This has been hell not having any communication. He has not been classifified yet, how long do they usually stay in this facility. Don't they realize what the families go through not noing anything. Sorry but I just needed to vent.
A mom

ben's girl
09-25-2009, 07:22 PM
bjwhite, He'll be able to turn in a phone list and once that list is approved he will be able to call you. The length of time that takes varies. It just depends on how fast or slow the phone people are in getting numbers added to the system and giving him his PIN #.

You can also call Correctional Billing Services, 1-800-844-6591, to see if you need to setup a prepaid account in order to receive calls from him. Prepaid is a little cheaper than having the calls billed directly to your local phone bill. You can also setup your account to be managed online so go ahead and ask the rep to set that up while you have him/her on the phone. When they ask you what facility be sure to tell them FL DOC Central Florida Reception Center. I looked it up and that is how it's listed. There website is www.correctionalbillingservices.com (http://www.correctionalbillingservices.com). Also, just to let you know all calls from FL state prisons are less than $2.00.

I can send you a copy of the visitation application if you will send me a private message with your email address. Once he has been moved to his permanent facility you can mail it to Classification to be approved.

Mrs.B_3608
09-26-2009, 11:09 AM
mine is also at cfrc main. he put the dorm info on his so ive been doing it. does anyone know how long it takes for them to get it after you send it bc ive sent one everyday this week and he hasnt wrote me back. and im in florida too so it shouldnt take more then a day or two to get to me....im frustrated lol

Ryanswifey
09-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Thank you to everyone that answered. I'm a ball of short nerves right now!! Every Monday or Wednesday we go through the dread of tonight's the night...nope...oh tonight's the night, nope...UGH. I don't want him to go but I'll be glad when we can get this show on the road so that we can count down until he's back home!!

Im going through exacly what you are! You're not alone. It took them a month and a half to come get my fiance from Manatee and take him to reception. He has been there almost 3 weeks. If you call 407-207-7777 they will give you all of his information. Thats what I did because there is more numbers beside their dc numb. I.E- c4-202U is what I have to list after his DC number. So you may want to call them and see just to be on the safe side

anglovestylerbe
10-30-2009, 05:39 PM
my honey has been at CFRC since Wednesday but from everything I've gathered he will be moved to bootcamp(finally!!) on Tuesday so I wanted to drive up and visit one last time before he gets there bc once he gets there no phones no visits for 60 days( and then only visits and calls on SUNDAYS!) so anyway i hate when i have to visit a new facility.. i was just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a more crowded visiting park bc its a bigger facility or is it not crowded bc most ppl in reception cant get visitors? he is at the main unit. also if anyone has experience bringing baby here can u tell me how they let u bring in the formula.. so far ive noticed its different everywhere u go. the last place he was at let me bring the whole formula can in and baby toys. thanks.

peacealright
04-13-2010, 10:06 PM
My boyfriend is being sent to the Central Florida Reception Center sometime soon..Does anyone know how long it will be before he can call me? He has my land line phone number, but does anyone know how to transfer his calls from the landline to my cell? Do I have to use a service like Global Tel Link or do the charges just show up on my phone bill? How soon until I can see him?

Please write back, I am very confused and I miss him so much. Thanks. :(

Nobull
04-14-2010, 10:01 AM
He is only allowed to call the land line. Any calls on the cell phone can get him in trouble and possible lose his phone privledge.. (this is what I have been told not experienced personally). Also the CFRC and any state operated prison use Securis or Correctional Billing Service or some phone companies will allow you to have the calls directly billed. CBS ph# is 800-844-6591 or website https://www.correctionalbillingservices.com/. I usr them because the rates are cheaper than going through most phone companies and I can budget the money so the bill doesn't get out of control. It took me 12 days before I heard from him. He was able to write and I got his first letter about a week after he arrived.

As far as visitation they cannot get visitation at CFRC, it takes approx 30 days before they are transfered to there perm camp and then you have to send the visitation application in and then that can take another 30days or so. My husband was transfer to his camp on March 24th and I mailed my application in the next morning. They did verify they received the application but I'm still waiting for approval.

Hope this helps....Good Luck and stay strong. This is one of the most difficult points..it will pass and things will get better.

KingsWifey
04-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Best to contact Correctional Billing Services (you have to contact them by phone to set up an account). This sets up a prepaid account so that your landline bill doedn't end up out of control as Nobull mentioned. My fiance had our landline number with him when he first got there and he was able to call me within two weeks collect to the house phone. Be advised, the system picks up on 3-way and call waiting. The simple tone you hear on the phone for a call trying to come through can get you disconnected. Some placed will write up a DR with no questions where others are lenient and realize the system has it's issues (I've been disconnected for third party call for sneezing loud).

If you choose not to do a prepay account with CBS, you can have the calls go on your landline however there is a limit, I believe it is $100 every 90 days. Once you reach the limit, he'll get a recording stating the line is blocked. Keep in mind if you go this route, you have to wait until your phone company gets payment, they take what is there's then they send the rest to pay for the collect calls. So even if you've paid you have to wait to be credited for paying for the collect calls before the block is removed.

The prepay is the way to go. CBS holding times suck sometimes so have patience. The faster it's set up, the better off you are with getting your loved one's phone calls. You can pay online or by phone if you have a credit card, check card or prepay credit card once your acct is set up. Good luck!

wifeofMichael
04-14-2010, 05:50 PM
We never did three way while he was at the institution (though we have since he's been at work release, they use regular old payphones) and I never had issues with call waiting. I just ignored it when someone would call in and check when we hung up.

But as the others state transferring a call to your cell is a bad idea. People on this group have gotten caught and lost phone privileges. Not worth it in my book. We simply had certain times he would call and I'd make sure I was home to wait on them. I love it that he's in WR now since calling my cell isn't a problem anymore. No longer chained to the house so to speak. But I wasn't going to chance losing our calls!

maggs24
04-18-2010, 07:03 AM
My boyfriend is being sent to the Central Florida Reception Center sometime soon..Does anyone know how long it will be before he can call me? He has my land line phone number, but does anyone know how to transfer his calls from the landline to my cell? Do I have to use a service like Global Tel Link or do the charges just show up on my phone bill? How soon until I can see him?

My son was just sent there on March 24th. We heard from him yesterday for the first time. In order for him to call you he has to submit a phone list and that phone list has to have the persons name the bill is in. Another words he had to put my husband down as the person who receives the bill. I don't think they can call cell phones. Go online and type in Correctional Billing and they should be able to explain it to you. You won't be hearing from him for awhile because they have to go through a whole screening process. And if you are writing him you HAVE to have his DC number. It's not the same number they had in County. They are also very particular about the way the envelope is written. Go online and type in Central Florida Reception Center click on that link and then there is a spot that says FAQ go there and it answers all questions about calls, mail etc.
I hope this has helped.:)

webgal318
07-18-2010, 07:55 PM
I have been told by a family member that, shortly upon arrival to the reception center, he and other prisoners who arrived with him were told to strip naked and get on the ground face down. During this time, all shades in the building were open so the personnel could witness this. I guess the purpose is to humiliate the new arrivals. Has anyone else heard of this practice?

crazy2010
07-18-2010, 08:28 PM
No but it is common to be strip searched in all prisons!

Niki
07-26-2010, 10:37 PM
No. My son came through CFRC on his way to his permanent placement. Yes, they do get strip searched but it was done in a room with several other prisoners being searched at the same time in a standing position.
There is absolutely no reason for them to be forced to lie on the ground. I personally know one of the ranking officers there and she would never tolerate anything like that. They are prisoners but they are still humans.

webgal318
07-27-2010, 05:48 AM
No. My son came through CFRC on his way to his permanent placement. Yes, they do get strip searched but it was done in a room with several other prisoners being searched at the same time in a standing position.
There is absolutely no reason for them to be forced to lie on the ground. I personally know one of the ranking officers there and she would never tolerate anything like that. They are prisoners but they are still humans.

Thanks for your reply. I received this info from my son in law. He said this happened to him twice. He must be lying to try to get sympathy from his wife.

willie33534
07-31-2010, 12:22 PM
my son said thats exactly how it goes first time thru on the way in,not on the way out

Mikesprincess
08-01-2010, 03:40 PM
My Mike went to CFRC on June 30th and said they were stripped of their clothing, told to squat and put their hands behind their backs (while naked). They proceeded to give them a 15 minute yell-fest of how they could beat them if they wanted to. They were then told to trim their nails and passed one set of clippers down the line. Mike said he chose not to with no alcohol to sterilize them and I guess he just pretended to. They were then told to cough three times (while squatting with hands behind their backs) and were then given boxers. They also threw all their clothes and shoes away right in front of them. He didn't mention a cavity search, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did, seems like that would be the normal to search them completely.

ben's girl
08-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Squat and cough is normal procedure. They are also searched when leaving visitation although every officer is different in how they search it's generally the same procedure, at least from what Ben's told me.

webgal318
08-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Well, I guess I will have to see what happens if my son is sentenced since there are a variety of responses to this thread.

ben's girl
08-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Experiences are going to vary. Your son does need to be prepared for officers trying to "break him" through various forms of humiliation including a lot of screaming and yelling and people in his face. Hopefully he will not let it get to him to bad. Just start writing to him and encouraging him as soon as he's moved and you can get his DC number.

wifeofMichael
08-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Sadly many believe screaming, yelling, and cussing at people is the way to do things. If they threw away their private, personal property then contact the Warden and complain because that's wrong.

Mikesprincess
08-02-2010, 12:50 PM
The clothes and shower slides, etc. they threw away at CFRC was what they wore in from County. But it is a shame since he had to turn around and buy shower slides as soon as his account opened because the shower floors are so nasty.

BUT... they did throw away his nice clothes and dress shoes and all when he went into Brevard County Jail prior to going to state. I was so mad! I was going to pick up his clothes, he had just come from court! And they have property pick up available. I was so mad!

Sparrow Love
08-02-2010, 11:32 PM
oh gosh i have not heard this from my boyfriend. i will be sure to ask him. this is ridiculous. how could any human doing this !

Niki
08-03-2010, 12:49 AM
They gave my son a box to send all his personal property home in. They wouldn't let him keep anything other than his bible and some court papers.

The squat and cough thing is a way they can check for contraband. If anything's been put up there where the sun don't shine the coughs will force it out. My son had never mentioned the nail trimming thing but I think I'd fake it too. My son is real particular about his nails and I know he wouldn't use a clipper that was being passed along without cleaning.

Yes, there are some intake guards who will yell and scream and try to intimidate newbies. It's pretty much the same as what they do in the military during basic training. I really don't see the point. The inmates going into prison for the first time are already scared to death and the veterans don't really care if they get yelled at- they already know what it's like on the inside.

Don't fret about it too much webgal. They all manage to get through it, even if it is embarrassing and degrading to stand naked with a bunch of guys.

webgal318
08-03-2010, 05:19 AM
Thank you. I agree - the newbies are already scared and the veterans don't care.
The picture in your signature - is that your son as a baby?

Mikesprincess
08-03-2010, 05:20 AM
It seems obvious the cough is to expel anything hidden -- but I actually tried this (NOT with anything up my butt, though!) and I can't be sure it would expel anything, so I would presume they do a cavity search as well, although Mike didn't mention it.

Well, with these guys all there naked at the same time, they are all feeling the same humilitation, so they are in the same boat. The guards could care less, I am sure, they see it everday and probably wish they didn't have to see the sausages and all swinging around while they are coughing! LOL!

I know, not a funny situation, but I am trying to find what humor I can, when I can, to survive this! LOL!

webgal318
08-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Yes, surviving is where I am at sometimes.

Niki
08-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Thank you. I agree - the newbies are already scared and the veterans don't care.
The picture in your signature - is that your son as a baby?

My avatar is a picture of my son as a baby. My signature pic is his son.

webgal318
08-03-2010, 05:02 PM
How old is your grandson now? He is so sweet. I am so sorry that your son is missing out on seeing his dad. I am sure you miss your son.

Niki
08-04-2010, 01:08 AM
How old is your grandson now? He is so sweet. I am so sorry that your son is missing out on seeing his dad. I am sure you miss your son.

My grandson is 10 months today. He actually gets to see his father every Sat. and Sun. during visitation. It's better than nothing but he's missing out on so many of the "firsts" that happen- like first time sitting up, first time crawling, and now my grandson is real close to walking but I doubt he'll have his first steps at visitation. I miss my son being with us for holidays, birthdays and his infamous "stop-in"s just to give Momma a hug. But we do go to see him at least one day every weekend so that's a whole lot better than when he was in prison 1000 miles away and we only got to see him once and that was behind glass for one hour.

dylansmom
08-30-2010, 01:19 PM

my son Dylan was sent there last wednesday aug 25th 2010. He said he couldnt call for one week. your other Question I dont know but its alot of money.

Missy2012
08-31-2010, 12:13 AM
My friend is there right now and he has been there for five weeks so far. He did send me the visitation forms but told me I have to wait until they send him to his main camp before I can go visit him. The process of approval from what I hear is about 30 days once you send the paperwork in. I am not sure that you will be able to see him until he gets to his main camp.

Niki
08-31-2010, 12:35 PM
my son Dylan was sent there last wednesday aug 25th 2010. He said he couldnt call for one week. your other Question I dont know but its alot of money.

Welcome to PTO Dylansmom. I think you'll find that this is a great site for information and support.

Your son probably won't be able to call you for at least 2 weeks. The first week they are at CFRC they are mostly in orientation and they don't get the chance to turn in their phone list until they see their classification officer. I'd count on it being at least 2 weeks and possibly longer. I'm assuming that you already have a landline and that he knows the number.
If your phone is relatively new (like past 2-3 months) go ahead and send your son a copy of your phone bill which includes the phone number on it. That will help to expedite approval of your number.

If your phone company allows you to receive collect calls then you may not need to do anything else to be able to receive calls. But if they don't you'll need to set up an account with Correctional Billing Services. The prepaid option is usually the best because you'll have complete control over how much is spent on calls and they won't block your number as long as there is money in the account. They say they will notify you if the balance gets low but in my experience they don't actually do that so we keep track ourselves on their website. Here's a link: CBS (https://www.correctionalbillingservices.com/) You might want to do some research if your phone co. does allow collect calls and find out how much his calls will be from CFRC. Often it's cheaper going through CBS and you can check how much calls would be through CBS by clicking on the general information tab and then selecting the rate my calls option. Just enter your phone #, the name of the prison and select 15 minutes for call length (that's how much time DOC allows) and it will tell you how much your calls will be.

You've already found the Florida forums which are a great place to get information about DOC and the individual prisons. My son is currently at Tomoka CI in Daytona Beach. He was at CFRC from 11/19 until 12/31/09.
I'd like to invite you to check out the Parents Forum of PTO as well. Here's a link- Parents Forum (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75) . We all understand what it's like to have a child in the prison system and we help each other get through this sometimes rocky adventure. No one understands what a parent goes through when a child is incarcerated unless they have been through it themselves. Other family members and friends typically don't understand why this affects us so profoundly so we lean on each other to get through one day at a time.
I hope you'll join us:welcome:

Niki
08-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Best to contact Correctional Billing Services (you have to contact them by phone to set up an account).
Good news! You can now set up your account online with Correctional Billing Services.

The prepay is the way to go. CBS holding times suck sometimes so have patience. The faster it's set up, the better off you are with getting your loved one's phone calls. You can pay online or by phone if you have a credit card, check card or prepay credit card once your acct is set up. Good luck!

More good news! I recently discovered that CBS has an online chat feature where you can make changes to your account (like adding phone numbers) or ask questions. The wait time is usually very minimal and you don't have to worry that you won't be able to understand the person you end up talking to. I'm loving it!!!

JudyA68
08-31-2010, 12:48 PM
My husband was at CFRC before being transferred. They will not be allowed to call while there. They have to wait until they get to the final place to be able to call. I would wait before setting up an account with CBS until you find out where he is going to be. Most places use CBS but from what I understand the private facilities use someone else. As for visitation it only took us 2 weeks for a response. Good Luck!

Niki
08-31-2010, 12:53 PM
My husband was at CFRC before being transferred. They will not be allowed to call while there. They have to wait until they get to the final place to be able to call. I would wait before setting up an account with CBS until you find out where he is going to be. Most places use CBS but from what I understand the private facilities use someone else. As for visitation it only took us 2 weeks for a response. Good Luck!

My son was able to call from CFRC the last 2 weeks he was there. I think it just depends on how quick they get their list turned in and how quick the Classification Officer chooses to submit it for approval. In dealing with DOC patience is most definitely a virtue and is something that most of us lose before long.

We got our visitation approved within 2 weeks at my son's permanent prison too. I waited about 10 days after I knew they had received our appplications and then started calling his Classification Officer. He was great about pushing through immediate family members but took longer for extended family and friends. If you call, be nice even if they aren't.

s.morales
09-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Ok so my boyfriend is currently in the central fl. reception center and he has been there for 2 weeks now. I've only heard from him once thru mail. I called and they said he is not allowed to make phone calls or have any visits and also that he'll be there for 4 to 8 weeks which sucks so much. This is the hardest thing ever, not hearing from him for so long kills me! So today i went on the website to see if they changed any of his info. and his custody went from "pending" to "close"!! what does that mean?? ughh i'm so confusedd right now, and he was moved to the East unit yesterday.. i wish i had a clue about what's going on with him.. If anyone can give me helpful information i would reallyy really appreciate it! :confused:

crazy2010
09-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Close means lock down, I think that you can call his classification officer and get any info you need. I'm in south florida if I can answer your questions I will. Welcome to PTO!!!

s.morales
09-29-2010, 07:29 PM
wow.. why would he be on lockdown.. and do you know how i can get his classification officer's number?? thanks!

ben's girl
09-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Close custody doesn't necessarily mean he is on lockdown. While some close custody inmates are placed in an actual cell, many are in open bay dorms along with medium and minimum custody inmates. Here is the information from the DOC website that defines the different custody levels for you:

The system uses five (5) distinct groups, described as custody levels: maximum, close, medium, minimum, and community.

Maximum: Refers to inmates who are under a sentence of death.
Close: Refers to inmates who must be maintained within an armed perimeter or under direct, armed supervision when outside of a secure perimeter.
Medium: Refers to inmates eligible for placement at a work camp with a secure perimeter, but who are not eligible for placement in an outside work assignment without armed supervision.
Minimum: Refers to inmates eligible for outside work assignments, but not for placement at a community residential facility.
Community: Refers to inmates eligible for placement at a community residential facility.
Welcome to PTO! :)

spin721
09-30-2010, 05:12 PM
I did 8 months at CFRC. They made me a permanent laundry man. Most guys there never wanted to screw with the phones anyway because half the time they didn't work and they wanted to wait until they got to their permanent camp. Plus, you had to sign up on a phone list and the officers would not want to deal with it. No visits for anyone who is NOT a permanent inmate. As for being a CLOSE custody inmate...a lot of guys there are CLOSE that really doesn't mean a whole lot in Orlando. You can still go to canteen and the yard, the only difference is a lot of times they wouldn't let them out at "night" (dusk) to go to the chapel or whatever. I didn't mind Orlando, but it is a reception center and they are constantly receiving/transferring inmates...so the staff is not inclined to help with things like phones and stuff. I don't know of anyone that was at CFRC for more than 8 weeks unless they were permanent like me. He'll probably get out of there in under 4 weeks...that always seemed to be the magic number around there. They get so many people they HAVE to constantly flip the inmate population.

s.morales
10-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Wow that's crazyy.. thanx everyone for the info! If ya wanna share more feel free! i need all the info i can get! I feel much better now, i was worried he was in some kind of trouble, he never gets into trouble in there.. So that scared me for a minute. So maybe it's nothing serious.. I'm so glad i found this website, this has helped me out alot, you guys that have been through this for a long time have alot to share and it feels nice to hear that i'm not the only one going through all this! thanks everyone, God bless!!

-Steph

Niki
10-01-2010, 11:43 PM
If he has been moved to CFRC-East that means he is finished with classification. They are most likely just waiting for a bed to open up somewhere that meets his needs for custody level, any medical problems and any programs he might need or want. You can call his classification officer and see if they are anticipating him being there awhile. If he is you may be able to submit a visitation app. to CFRC-East and actually start getting visits there.

Mail is notoriously slow at CFRC. There's one mail room for what amounts to three separate facilities- Main, East and South. I live like 20 minutes from there and mail took an average of 7 days going either way when my son was there.

Has your boyfriend turned in a phone list to his CO yet? If you have a landline and it is new you might want to send your BF a copy of the bill or something that shows the name and address of the phone customer as well as the actual phone #. If the phone isn't in your name, make sure he uses the name of the person who's name is on the bill on his phone list. If he's turned it in and it has been 4 weeks I can give you the name and number of the person in Tallahassee that is in charge of the phone contract. Just send me a PM.

Basically close custody just means he won't be working outside the walls of the prison. Depending on where he ends up he may be in a cell or a dorm. Either way he will be with other inmates with the same custody level. Over time and with good behavior his custody level may be decreased.

Any other questions, feel free to ask. The only stupid question is the one that you didn't ask! Hang in there. Things will get better real soon...Niki

s.morales
10-02-2010, 10:39 AM
thanx alot for the info! and i dont have a landline yet., hoping to get that asap.. I heard if he doesnt put me on his phone list when he gets to his main camp that he's gonna have to wait 6 months to change it, is that true? thanks againg for all that info it was really helpful!

ben's girl
10-03-2010, 04:58 PM
He may have 1 more chance to add you once he gets to his permanent facility. Some will allow them to submit a phone list when they get there. If so, he can add you then as long as you have your phoneline setup and the info to him. If not, he can only add in his update month. His update month is determined by the last number of his DC number. There is a Sticky thread at the top of the FL phone forum that will tell when his update months are. It may be sooner than 6 months depending on what his number is.

Matt'slove
10-04-2010, 03:11 PM
My boyfriend just got sent to CFRC while he is awaiting placement. From what I have read on here, the mail in that place is very slow. I wrote him the day he got transfered and addressed it his name, DC# CFRC-Main (along w/their address) today I got my first letter from him and he said if I write him I must address it the exact way he did along with his bunk # and all....now I am worried he's not gonna get the first two letters I have sent.
I know he can receive stamps, envelopes, paper and pics, does anyone know if you can send all that stuff in a manilla envelope as long as it is smaller than 8x10?
I am totally new to this. How do they approve the phone list? Are they going to call my number to verify it or what?
I sent him the name number and address it is billed too....Also, I am sending him money through Jpay, do inmates get notified about WHO put money into their account? I hate this!!

Adam'sSunshine
10-04-2010, 04:07 PM
My boyfriend just got sent to CFRC while he is awaiting placement. From what I have read on here, the mail in that place is very slow. I wrote him the day he got transfered and addressed it his name, DC# CFRC-Main (along w/their address) today I got my first letter from him and he said if I write him I must address it the exact way he did along with his bunk # and all....now I am worried he's not gonna get the first two letters I have sent.
I know he can receive stamps, envelopes, paper and pics, does anyone know if you can send all that stuff in a manilla envelope as long as it is smaller than 8x10?
I am totally new to this. How do they approve the phone list? Are they going to call my number to verify it or what?
I sent him the name number and address it is billed too....Also, I am sending him money through Jpay, do inmates get notified about WHO put money into their account? I hate this!!

Hi and Welcome. I know this all seems so confusing and complicated right now, it hasnt been that long since my fiance was there and I was just as clueless.
Mail: I have never put his bunk or dorm number on his letters and he has always gotten them. I put his name and DC #, then the facility name, facility adress and zip code. Be sure to always put full return address.
You can send stamps, envelopes, pics and paper...there is a limit to total number of each that they can have, also you can only send 15 "other's" total at a time (ie. you can write him a 6 page letter front and back and send 5 pictures and 5 envelopes and 5 pieces of blank paper) When I send stamps, I put them on the envelopes and put his name and DC# in the return address spot (I'm don't trust they will get to him otherwise). Yes, you can send it in a 8x10 or smaller manilla envelope, just make sure you remove the metal clasp and dont send padded ones.
Phone: I had to have a landline set up, so I sent him a copy of the work order which had my name, address and the number. No one called me to verify anything, he just kept trying to call every day until he finally got through. I set up a pre paid account with CBS when he was in county jail, and just had my home number added to the account. I would wait and see where he ends up permanently just in case they don't use CBS.
Money: I only use western union now, quick collect online is the cheapest. I had some problems with jpay in the beginning. Yes, he will get a receipt with the amount received and who sent it.
I hope this helps, I know it sucks but it gets easier as time passes and you learn more about the system.
Take care of YOU and PM me if you need/want :)

Matt'slove
10-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Thank you Adam's Sunshine for responding so fast!
I am going crazy with worry, somehow I have to learn how to deal with this cause I have 5 long years ahead of me.
I already have an account with CBS (from when he was in county) and have had my land line # added to it. He told me he doesn't need a copy of the phone bill, but I am starting to think otherwise.
I am just so worried after reading everyone's post about mail slowness or non-delivery period that he is not going to get my letters and think I forgot about him. I guess I am just going to have to learn to play this waiting game.

Adam'sSunshine
10-05-2010, 06:44 PM
I am going crazy with worry, somehow I have to learn how to deal with this cause I have 5 long years ahead of me.
I already have an account with CBS (from when he was in county) and have had my land line # added to it. He told me he doesn't need a copy of the phone bill, but I am starting to think otherwise.
I am just so worried after reading everyone's post about mail slowness or non-delivery period that he is not going to get my letters and think I forgot about him. I guess I am just going to have to learn to play this waiting game.

You are very welcome!
Send the phone bill, if he doesn't need it then he can throw it away, but if you don't send and he needs it then that is just going to add more days of not talking...can't hurt :)
I got a letter from Adam about 10 days after he got there, it took my letters to him about 5-6 days (they don't get mail on weekends) from Tampa area. This was a really rough time for both of us, but we got through it, and so will you and your man. He will get your mail, just try to be patient and know that this is just a transitional phase and it will end soon enough.
Yes, the waiting game is no fun...in fact I have been playing since yesterday waiting on a phone call from him. He is at Santa Rosa, where they just opened the new Blackwater prison today, so they were going to be transferring some inmates there and I dont know if that has something to do with not hearing from him. I know he wasn't on the list to transfer there, but they still may have them on lockdown or something. I guess I will find out when the game is over ;)
Take care of yourself and try not to worry too much, it's easy to let our minds wander into places they should not go.
Feel free to PM me if you want to keep in touch or just need to vent

Niki
10-06-2010, 01:29 AM
MattsMom- Try not to worry about the slow mail. The inmates are well aware of how slow the mail can be. They know that there is nothing done with the mail on the weekends. It doesn't get sent out, it doesn't get delivered and it doesn't get opened and checked.

He may not know for sure whether they are going to want your landline paperwork or not. The CO's often don't tell them that is a possibility. But if you know he has already turned in his phone list and it's been 2 weeks or longer you can try calling Mr Larry Purintun in Tallahassee at 850-410-4180. He is the DOC employee that is in charge of the contracts for phone services for all of the DOC facilities with the possible exception of the private ones. He can check on the status of the phone approval and he will send an email to the Securus people who actually do the approvals. They will call you pretty quickly once they get his email (like within an hour or two) and he will usually tell you to call him back if you don't hear from them in a certain amount of time. If the Securus people need that phone paperwork they will give you either a fax number or an email address to send it to them. If that's all they needed to approve the list it will get taken care of in a matter of an hour or so.

Matt'slove
10-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks you all...so nice to have people to talk with about this.
I don't think he has turned in his phone list yet, he is probably waiting on my letter that has my new land line # in it. I will send him a copy of the phone bill.
If I don't here from him within a week or so I will call. I am hoping I get a letter from him sometime this week.
When I sent him envelopes I put the stamps on the envelopes and addressed them back to me, is that good? Also, can they receive cards, like birthday cards, christmas cards and stuff?
Do any of you know what is an adequate amount of money inmates need in their accounts every month for canteen? I have no idea what stuff costs in there.
I did call the inmate account hotline and I see he has some money in his account, just not sure what is enough.
Thank goodness for this website, having someone you love go to prison is punishment on both sides of the fence. I feel lost with him in there.

Niki
10-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Matt'slove, I totally understand how you are feeling without your loved one. My son wasn't even living at home anymore and I still miss his presence every day.

That's fine to send pre-addressed and stamped envelopes. That way he will be more likely to write to you rather than someone else. You can also send blank envelopes and one book of stamps (20). They aren't supposed to have more than 20 stamps in their property at any time though.

He can receive greeting cards but none with metal parts, singing cards or glitter. You can also send him blank greeting cards if he wants to send a card out to someone special.

As far as commissary goes, my son spends between $20 and $30 per week. The most they are allowed to spend is $75 per week. Your BF should be able to send you a current canteen price list. They are only given a very minimal amount of hygiene type products and that's usually what makes my son need to spend more some weeks. They have to buy things like lotion, razors, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush and powder if they use those things. Four times a year they are able to buy things like sneakers, underwear, pajamas & shorts. During that period they are able to spend $150. I'd recommend you send your BF whatever amount you can afford or feel comfortable with. I can tell you that the more you send the more he's likely to spend. They like to load up on snack food and also buy the burgers, chicken wings, pizza, etc that you can get at visitation to eat whenever they go to canteen because the prison food is not very tasty. They use alot of TVP (Soy) products rather than meats which won't kill them but aren't very enjoyable.

Ask as many questions as you need to. Before long you'll have all this down and hopefully you will feel a little better about where your loved one is...Niki

Adam'sSunshine
10-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Thanks you all...so nice to have people to talk with about this.
I don't think he has turned in his phone list yet, he is probably waiting on my letter that has my new land line # in it. I will send him a copy of the phone bill.
If I don't here from him within a week or so I will call. I am hoping I get a letter from him sometime this week.
When I sent him envelopes I put the stamps on the envelopes and addressed them back to me, is that good? Also, can they receive cards, like birthday cards, christmas cards and stuff?
Do any of you know what is an adequate amount of money inmates need in their accounts every month for canteen? I have no idea what stuff costs in there.
I did call the inmate account hotline and I see he has some money in his account, just not sure what is enough.
Thank goodness for this website, having someone you love go to prison is punishment on both sides of the fence. I feel lost with him in there.

Yes, you can send cards but they have to be plain cards...nothing glued to it, no glitter, stickers, etc...I go to the Dollar Tree and get 2 for $1.00, they are all just simple cards but they have all occasions and even blank ones you can write in. I always put the stamps on envelopes I send Adam, and just put his name and DC# in return address area, he writes his sister and grandma so I dont address them back to me so he can use them for whomever.
As far as money, that is totally up to you to decide what you can afford and want to send him. Some people send nothing, some send whatever they are asked to send. Adam knows that I had to get a landline to accept calls, that's $30 more a month now. Then I put money on the CBS account so he can make calls to me, that's another $30 a month. So he doesnt ask for much in his account. As long as he has soap, deodorant, toothpaste, paper, pens/pencils, envelopes and stamps he is good. He was smoking, but he quit about 3 months ago, because he said he felt guilty spending money on them. His grandma and I usually put our money together and send him $20-$30 every two weeks, and he never says anything except "thank you both so much, I love you" :)
I would say figure out your budget, make sure your bills are covered and you have what you need, then see what you have left over and go from there. At first with the phone calls, we were talking every night and then I realized how much money that was costing, so we discussed it and decided that $30 a month was plenty, that gives us 18 calls a month so we talk about 3-4 times a week. It will vary for you depending on where he ends up, of course.
You are exactly right, they may be the ones locked behind the gates, but everyone that loves them hurts and has their lives torn apart as well...
Take care and hope you get your letter soon ;)

Matt'slove
10-08-2010, 11:03 AM
I got a post card today from him with a quick note. I know that there is a hotline that I can check his account balance. Is there anyway to find out WHO made the deposits?
He keeps saying he has NO money, but SOMEONE is sending him some and I am actually starting to get pissed cause he keeps saying I am the only one supporting him.
Also, I have now gotten 2 letters with NO postmark on them?

Adam'sSunshine
10-08-2010, 02:50 PM
I got a post card today from him with a quick note. I know that there is a hotline that I can check his account balance. Is there anyway to find out WHO made the deposits?
He keeps saying he has NO money, but SOMEONE is sending him some and I am actually starting to get pissed cause he keeps saying I am the only one supporting him.
Also, I have now gotten 2 letters with NO postmark on them?

I have never called to check Adam's account balance...I just know when I put money in he gets a receipt and it says it was deposited by me. Maybe someone else on here can answer that one for you???

When you say no postmark, do you mean nothing from the postoffice that has where it came from and cancels out the stamp on it, or nothing that says this letter has been mailed from a correctional institution? The former, I have never heard before and can't imagine how that would get through, the latter I have had a few letters that didnt say from a CI.

I understand you getting upset, if he says he has no money and only you to help him, but his account says different. Have you been able to talk yet? I would not deposit anything into his account until you talk, and would tell him what info you have from the hotline and see how he reacts. He doesn't have family that has put money in there? Or maybe it was in his account in county and transferred with him? Is the balance growing or just that he has money and says he doesn't?

You obviously care very much for him, so please be careful and make sure he's not playing games with you and/or using you. And the best advice I can give, and have been given, is to trust your gut instincts...even if it is not what you want it to be, if you feel something is wrong, it probably is. I know this is a very difficult time for you, it will all become clearer in the next few weeks, so as hard as it is try to be patient and not worry yourself sick!!
He is obviously ok, he knows you care and havent forgotten about him so
take a deep breath and try to relax and take care of yourself :soothe:

Matt'slove
10-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Adam's Sunshine......

Yes, I am totally upset today. Me and him have been together off and on for YEARS, we have known each other almost our whole lives. I care about him deeply and he feels the same, but I won't kid myself, he can be a liar.....
We recently re-connected and he tells me he has NO ONE to help him, no support at all from family, no friends, that I am the only one to stand by him, yet SOMEONE not me is depositing money into his account and ALOT of it. There were two separate deposits on Oct 5th and Oct 7th.......
He knows I am struggling, so if he has someone else to send him money WHY is he asking me for it? I feel that he is trying to use me, it sucks cause I love him to death.
I wrote him a letter today and point blank asked him WHO is sending him the money and that if all he wants his money from me than to stop writing.
This sucks......
He probably won't get that letter for DAYS.......he hasn't told me yet if he has gotten any of my letters or put in his phone list.
I am not going to send him any money, until I make sure he is truthful and actually needs it.
I guess if he wants me there and loves me the same, he will respond to my letter, we shall see.
When I say the postmark, I mean the stamp from the USPS showing the date it was mailed. The letters have the black stamp (mailed from a correctional facility) but that is it. I don't know when they were sent out, so I don't know how long it is taking them to get there.
I mailed him his first letter 7 days ago today, I hope he has it by now.
You are right, I gotta take care of myself and understand what is meant to be will happen.......

ben's girl
10-08-2010, 06:28 PM
One of the deposits could have been money he may have had in the county jail. They do transfer that money to DOC. Hang in there!

Mom Far Away
10-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Adam's Sunshine......

Yes, I am totally upset today. Me and him have been together off and on for YEARS, we have known each other almost our whole lives. I care about him deeply and he feels the same, but I won't kid myself, he can be a liar.....
We recently re-connected and he tells me he has NO ONE to help him, no support at all from family, no friends, that I am the only one to stand by him, yet SOMEONE not me is depositing money into his account and ALOT of it. There were two separate deposits on Oct 5th and Oct 7th.......
He knows I am struggling, so if he has someone else to send him money WHY is he asking me for it? I feel that he is trying to use me, it sucks cause I love him to death.
I wrote him a letter today and point blank asked him WHO is sending him the money and that if all he wants his money from me than to stop writing.
This sucks......
He probably won't get that letter for DAYS.......he hasn't told me yet if he has gotten any of my letters or put in his phone list.
I am not going to send him any money, until I make sure he is truthful and actually needs it.
I guess if he wants me there and loves me the same, he will respond to my letter, we shall see.
When I say the postmark, I mean the stamp from the USPS showing the date it was mailed. The letters have the black stamp (mailed from a correctional facility) but that is it. I don't know when they were sent out, so I don't know how long it is taking them to get there.
I mailed him his first letter 7 days ago today, I hope he has it by now.
You are right, I gotta take care of myself and understand what is meant to be will happen.......

it's hard being out here and not letting you're mind wander. i don't think there is any way you can find out who is depositing $. but you came call inmate trust every few days and be able to know when the last deposit was made and the dollar amount. then just track it.....for your own sanity. i usually send odd amounts of money each time so i can keep track of deposits and then i know which gets there first, cause i've had it happen where a deposit that i sent on the first registered after one i sent on the 7th. hope this helps. if he doesn't know you can check...don't tell him.....in the beginning my son wasn't aware i could check...so i would ask him what was in his account, and fortunately for his sake he told me the truth.....over the years, i've been "hustled" for $ by my son, so this was his opportunity to "redeem" himself without him even knowing he was doing it. after about a month, i let him know what i did...we both had a good laugh.....sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do!:)

Mom Far Away
10-13-2010, 12:12 AM

I didn't have to send a copy of my phone bill (I'm listed in phone directory) but my son had to have his uncle send a copy of his bill- (his number was unlisted). I'm sure he knows you didn't forget about him, you have no control on the speed of DOC. I didn't like paying the fees for western union and jpay so I would just send $ weekly through the Inmate Trust Fund, I would send a request for forms and a self-addressed stamped envelope and I would get it back within a week and they are available at VISO:)

willwait
10-26-2010, 09:52 PM

I called CBS today and was told CRFC does not allow phone calls made to cell phones. i too do not have a landline and havent heard from my honey since he got there on 10/21/10. :(

willwait
11-26-2010, 01:45 PM
my boyfriend has been in there for 3 weeks now, he just got his phone list approved last week and was able to start making calls. (he got it approved by sending in a request to his CO to check on it, even thoug he has yet to "meet" with his CO yet)as far as visitation, he told me he found out you have to either be , made a permanent there or 45 days have to pass. of course, the applications have to be approved first. supposedly they will contact the inmate when they are approved and then the inmate contacts you to let you know.
Good luck to you!! Please let me know if you have any questions, im still learning myself but ill try to answer any you may have as well. Hang in there!

RommelsGrl
11-26-2010, 09:26 PM
My bf got transferred to reception on Nov 1st and today I am still waiting to get his call. I have cbs set up and he called saying he has his pin but the number is not approved yet. He said is co told him he needed a bill for his moms number but didn't say anything about mine. Im getting kinda eager to hear from him. He met with his co on Nov. 6th. So im not sure what the hold up is but its making me sad :(

RommelsGrl
11-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Sorry i meant he wrote

ciinnabun
04-21-2011, 10:38 PM
What is the number?! and do i ask to speak with his CO? not sure how this works! just wanna know if ive been approved so I can start visiting him=] thanks

Europeanbabe
04-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Sweetie, you can't visit in cfrc unless he is a permanently there. It's a reception there no phone calls either, you will have to send in you viso form to a main camp expect him to be a cfrc for about 4-8 weeks mine was there for about 7. This is the number (407) 207-7777 , ask for the classification department and then just give them his dc number and they will tell you all the info. Good luck =)

ben's girl
04-22-2011, 06:37 AM
There are calls from the reception centers as long as an inmate's phone list has been approved.

You can also visit inmate's at reception centers if they are there on a "stop over" while being transferred to another facility. The only inmates that can't receive visitors are the ones that are there strictly for reception.

ciinnabun
04-22-2011, 08:19 AM
sorry i should of mentioned that he is permanent there lol but thanks!!

ciinnabun
04-22-2011, 08:22 AM
yayyyy ive been approved!!!!!!! omgggggg

~*~His Bella~*~
05-08-2011, 01:42 PM
It's finally starting to hit me hard that he's transferred, and I'm getting worried. I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences of things such as how long it took to get your first letter, first call, how long it took for HIM to get your letters, how long your lo stayed there....anything you can share. Anything is appreciated in hopes it will help put my mind at ease. I warned you I'd start going off the deep end eventually and start asking a million questions :o

spin721
05-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Here is the thing about the FL DOC. Forget about time frames, forget about what you think should be an acceptable amount of time prior to receiving a letter or a phone call. Please understand that the FL DOC does things on their own time. I would very much like to place your mind at ease, but I will not lie to you. My experience at CFRC was a shock at first. Then they kept me there for almost a year. I was made a "permanent". Be warned, this is my own story. I saw inmates there as little as two weeks, I saw inmates there for 3 months. When people come and go is up to the FL DOC. I was actually pretty happy to be there as long as I was...I got to know the officers and I must say, they took pretty good care of me. Meaning they let me go to canteen anytime I wanted, let me run my hustle and I passed all of that on to the the inmates that didn't have a thing. Don't freak yourself out over "time frames". That is the biggest mistake you can make for yourself and it WILL take a mental toll on you. People don't get killed everyday in prison...like you see in the movies. As long as he does what he needs to do, he will be fine. The best thing you can do is be supportive and that is what you are already doing. When dealing with the FL DOC, I do not think that anyone ever can place his/her mind at ease. However, it does get better when the phone privileges are activated and he is at his permanent camp. Any more questions, feel free to message me.

~*~His Bella~*~
05-08-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm not looking for answers, as there aren't any. I just wanted to get a feel for what others have experienced. I'm in the "complete dark" stage of this process so anything that can be shared is a help.

Illuminati
05-16-2011, 08:07 PM
I live in the same region as CFRC and it only takes 2 days to get the letters...

other prisons...well check my thread in the mail section... ish is crazy lol

~*~His Bella~*~
05-16-2011, 08:19 PM
I live in the same region as CFRC and it only takes 2 days to get the letters...

other prisons...well check my thread in the mail section... ish is crazy lol

Thanks for replying :) His 1st letter from last Monday took 3 days. Wednesday's letter arrived today. He finally saw his CO either Tuesday or Wednesday. Custody was updated yesterday. Now to wait on the phone list :mad:

Illuminati
05-16-2011, 08:27 PM
dang his custody was set that quick? he should be headed to perm once that phone thing is set.

is he doing well? well I'd expect him to tell u if that place sucks once he gets to his perm prison if he hasn't already.

some of my friends didnt tell me how bad orlando was til they got to their perm. prison, but they all had different experiences so it isn't the same.

did ur man get medium custody for the firearm or is he on minimum like u expected?

Illuminati
05-16-2011, 08:36 PM
dang his custody was set that quick? he should be headed to perm once that phone thing is set.

is he doing well? well I'd expect him to tell u if that place sucks once he gets to his perm prison if he hasn't already.

some of my friends didnt tell me how bad orlando was til they got to their perm. prison, but they all had different experiences so it isn't the same.

did ur man get medium custody for the firearm or is he on minimum like u expected?

~*~His Bella~*~
05-17-2011, 05:41 AM

He has good and bad days. They bunked him with a murderer :( he's having to use money to stay safe. There's no a/c. He went on medium but didn't say why. I just assumed the gun charge. Hell, maybe DOC considers that violent which is why he mentioned conditional release, even though he wasn't sentenced that way. He said he be permanent there. I just wish they'd decide so I can go see him

Sent from my DROID2 using PrisonTalk

ben's girl
05-17-2011, 08:42 AM
He will be housed with offenders with all kinds of charges. That doesn't mean anything. Not all of those people are out to get others. You don't need to focus on that and neither does he. If someone is pressuring him for money, they are only doing it because he is allowing it. He needs to stand up for himself. I'm not trying to be harsh, only truthful.

MarGrits
05-31-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm going to reply, just as a benefit to anyone in the future…also not meant to be harsh in anyway.

Our loves are going to be housed with all kinds, and we're in love with all kinds. Hell, the wife/girlfriend/mother of the person who is being housed with ARG may be saying 'ohmigosh my ____ is being housed with a drug dealer!':scoffs: It's all circumstance, and I know we all know thar. Right now ARG is at CFRC-MAIN with a Latin King. I held my breath when he told me, but he's a 'tough guy', and I know he's smart enough to stay out of trouble. If I was that worried he'd do something (more) stupid, I couldn't be with him.

Bella, I don't know if the Medium changed - but ARG's custody came out today…non-violent, no weapon and he got medium as well. From what I got from the DOC website that's normal and should come down (I'm sure you've discovered this by now)

I know we're both over the reception/transfer hump…but hopefully this helps someone else!

amickeyfan
05-31-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm going to reply, just as a benefit to anyone in the future…also not meant to be harsh in anyway.

Our loves are going to be housed with all kinds, and we're in love with all kinds. Hell, the wife/girlfriend/mother of the person who is being housed with ARG may be saying 'ohmigosh my ____ is being housed with a drug dealer!':scoffs: It's all circumstance, and I know we all know thar. Right now ARG is at CFRC-MAIN with a Latin King. I held my breath when he told me, but he's a 'tough guy', and I know he's smart enough to stay out of trouble. If I was that worried he'd do something (more) stupid, I couldn't be with him.

Bella, I don't know if the Medium changed - but ARG's custody came out today…non-violent, no weapon and he got medium as well. From what I got from the DOC website that's normal and should come down (I'm sure you've discovered this by now)

I know we're both over the reception/transfer hump…but hopefully this helps someone else!
I had to laugh at this.. my son went in on trafficking charges and he went in at a minimum custody level.. I can just imagine those who wrote home and said.. Ma.. or honey... I am in with a drug "trafficker"... those terms mean didly squat.. :thumbsup: in there you are not what you were on the streets.. beside, my son wasn't the "trafficker" but caught in the middle of a sting, he made the phone calls for the dealers.. he wasn't no big wig.. he was a strung out junkie weighing all of 135 lbs at nearly 5'10.. you could have blown him over with one breath.. but his "charges" were trafficking.. and he was at "minimum".. so your label really is not "you" at all..

your custody is what they feel you should be at upon entry and it will change with time. I have seen one go in at minimum then change to closed within a couple of months..(one of the dealers that was in the sting with my son) so things change for the better and the worst sometimes... that part will depend on the inmate themselves.. it is up to them on how they behave in which direction their level will change......:thumbsup:

MarGrits
06-01-2011, 08:41 AM
I had to laugh at this.. my son went in on trafficking charges and he went in at a minimum custody level.. I can just imagine those who wrote home and said.. Ma.. or honey... I am in with a drug "trafficker"... those terms mean didly squat.. :thumbsup: in there you are not what you were on the streets.. beside, my son wasn't the "trafficker" but caught in the middle of a sting, he made the phone calls for the dealers.. he wasn't no big wig.. he was a strung out junkie weighing all of 135 lbs at nearly 5'10.. you could have blown him over with one breath.. but his "charges" were trafficking.. and he was at "minimum".. so your label really is not "you" at all..

your custody is what they feel you should be at upon entry and it will change with time. I have seen one go in at minimum then change to closed within a couple of months..(one of the dealers that was in the sting with my son) so things change for the better and the worst sometimes... that part will depend on the inmate themselves.. it is up to them on how they behave in which direction their level will change......:thumbsup:

Yup. 145 lbs and 5'11"…biggest sale was the one to the CI (of course). Trafficking is such a grossly extreme word…

He's even had people ask him in reception why he's in there because he 'doesn't look or act like he should be'. Apparently keeping to yourself, saying please & thank you and starring at letters and pictures of your fiance is out of the norm…

And I love him to death because I asked him why his custody level was at medium and he asked me what a custody level was…I sometimes wonder what would happen to him if he didn't have me. and All that time served that he wasn't given - yeah it took me mentioning it in a letter for him to notice. Love him.

amickeyfan
06-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Yup. 145 lbs and 5'11"…biggest sale was the one to the CI (of course). Trafficking is such a grossly extreme word…

He's even had people ask him in reception why he's in there because he 'doesn't look or act like he should be'. Apparently keeping to yourself, saying please & thank you and starring at letters and pictures of your fiance is out of the norm…

And I love him to death because I asked him why his custody level was at medium and he asked me what a custody level was…I sometimes wonder what would happen to him if he didn't have me. and All that time served that he wasn't given - yeah it took me mentioning it in a letter for him to notice. Love him.
tell him "please & thank you" will go a long long way with the guards in prison.. along with "yes sir/mam or no sir/mam" ... manners goes a long way.. :thumbsup: That was one of the reasons my son never got into trouble while in prison.. he has manners and uses them.. once he said "hmm" instead of "excuse me' or "what".. he learned real fast to never say that again.. the female guard sent him back to the dorm without letting him get dinner.. and that is against the rules... but she did it anyway.. and off he went without saying a word to her.. Now he is in the WRC and his mouth is getting rude if you ask me.. he more or less lashed out at a tech and was written up.. that's another post on here... but while in prison.. manners will get you far.. they look for that..:thumbsup:

~*~His Bella~*~
06-01-2011, 08:32 PM
This is one of the things that puts my mind somewhat at ease through this whole thing. My bf is polite, knows when to be professional and respects authority. He may talk a lot to me, but when it comes down to it, he will do as he's told and won't run his mouth. He told me how he behaved through reception, and others didn't. It made a HUGE difference.

MarGrits
06-03-2011, 10:58 AM
This is one of the things that puts my mind somewhat at ease through this whole thing. My bf is polite, knows when to be professional and respects authority. He may talk a lot to me, but when it comes down to it, he will do as he's told and won't run his mouth. He told me how he behaved through reception, and others didn't. It made a HUGE difference.

Exactly. Manners get you everywhere in life, and in there CO's are so shocked to see it. As my NAVY offiver father reminds me, ARG is military so he knows how to take orders. He told me it's to be easy to stay out of trouble. He wasn't a habitual offender, neither was your guy bella or mickey's son. It helps them out huge time I think. They respect authority (for the most part…) They're one step ahead.

ARG has gained SO much muscle in there, that he has up'd two uniform sizes on top. So he works out and at Hillsborough he was doing 'dips' at the sinks in the bathroom when he knew he shouldn't but he works with what he has :tisk: Anyway, when he and the 2 he was with got caught and were asked what they were doing he was the only one to admit it. He got put in the holding cell, but for a fraction of the time because the guard told him he was honest. It's funny how that's respected even in jail.

ARG now tells me that he will not so much as Jay walk when he gets out, he's over this whole prison thing. :happy:happy:

ScottynJenny09
06-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Bella where did your man get transferred to after reception? My husband is there now and his custody level just got changed today when I looked it up this morning so I'm not sure how long he'll be there but this thread is helping me although it's gone kind of off the subject of what you've asked. How did you get through this time when you didn't hear from him? I haven't heard from my husband in two weeks...Also Spin721's post helped as well. I am just searching for answers, comfort, whatever to get me thru this awful no communication period. It's tearing me down bad!!!

~*~His Bella~*~
06-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Bella where did your man get transferred to after reception? My husband is there now and his custody level just got changed today when I looked it up this morning so I'm not sure how long he'll be there but this thread is helping me although it's gone kind of off the subject of what you've asked. How did you get through this time when you didn't hear from him? I haven't heard from my husband in two weeks...Also Spin721's post helped as well. I am just searching for answers, comfort, whatever to get me thru this awful no communication period. It's tearing me down bad!!!

My bf was at Main for 2 weeks exactly then transferred to Gulf CI. He was able to make his first call the 2nd Tuesday he was there (he went in on a Wednesday). In all honesty, I started going nuts towards the end of that no call period. I was so worried!! Just write as much as possible, so HE at least gets something, you know? I think I got my first letter a week and 1 day after he went in.

clc_80
06-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Hello sorry to cut into your thread. But I'm looking for similar information, except that I live in California. Does anyone know if my land line will get accepted, and how long it will take? I miss hearing his voice.

ben's girl
06-19-2011, 07:34 PM
As long as you have a landline, not a cellphone, and the number is not unlisted you shouldn't have any problems. Sometimes they require a copy of the phone bill, but not always. How long has he been in reception? If he's been there awhile, you can call and speak to classification to see if his phone list has been approved. :)

Welcome to PTO :)

alh225
06-20-2011, 05:33 PM
My loved one was sent to CFRC one week ago today, June 13th 2011. I have yet to receive a phone call. He was in the county jail for 2 years and 7 months before finally getting sentenced. I grew accustom to the daily phone calls and weekly visits, but to go from that to nothing is driving me crazy. He was sentenced to 15 years so I know he will be sent to a different camp. I was just wondering how long before he is able to make phone calls and how long before he is sent to his main camp. The group that went it with him was only a group of 21 people and he said in the one letter I have received thus far, that he will have everything done (educational testing, psychological testing, classification officer interview, physical etc.) by today, Monday the 20th. I have read and heard so many different stories, I just want to be able to see him and talk to him, this letter stuff is not cutting it. PLEASE HELP!!!

~*~His Bella~*~
06-21-2011, 05:14 AM
Mine went to CFRC on May 4th. It took almost a week for him to get his phone list turned in, but I got a call about 10 days later. He went in on a Wednesday and he called on his 2nd Tuesday there. He was transferred to Gulf the next day May 18th, so he was there for exactly 2 weeks.

DonnyD
06-24-2011, 04:59 PM
I am interested in any information I can get on CFRC-main also. My son is there now and I am very worried about him. I am used to talking to him every other day and now have no contact. I know he will be transferred eventually but don't know much else. He is only 18. Even though he was man enough to commit crimes he is still just a child mixed up in drugs and not thinking or maybe he did know and I am just a mom wanting to believe the best. Either way as a parent I am worried.
I also want to know if anyone has tried any of the phones services advertised such as Evercom or IC solutions? Do they work or will I be wasting my money?

ben's girl
06-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Welcome to PTO! DOC only uses Securus (formerly Evercom/CBS) for their phone provider. You may or may not need to setup an acct with them to receive calls. http://www.securustech.net/ is their website. You can find their number on the site so you can call to find out about setting up an acct. :)

amickeyfan
06-24-2011, 09:15 PM
I am interested in any information I can get on CFRC-main also. My son is there now and I am very worried about him. I am used to talking to him every other day and now have no contact. I know he will be transferred eventually but don't know much else. He is only 18. Even though he was man enough to commit crimes he is still just a child mixed up in drugs and not thinking or maybe he did know and I am just a mom wanting to believe the best. Either way as a parent I am worried.
I also want to know if anyone has tried any of the phones services advertised such as Evercom or IC solutions? Do they work or will I be wasting my money?

HI.. and welcome.. yes, your son is still a child! He is your child and will always be, no matter how old he is! You have that right about your son, he was just mixed up with drugs..Drugs destroy your mind,your life and your family.. how I know that very well. One thing that will help you get thru this, look at it as this may be saving your son's life. I look at it that way! My son was a big time junkie. I look at his time in prison as saving his life. Had this not happen to him, he would have ended up dead on the streets some where from an over-dose. Do I want him in prison, nope.. but I would rather him there, than dead. I still worry about him, I still worry about what is going to happen when he comes home too!

Ben's girl has already told you what phone service you will be needing to use. Your son will have to turn in his phone list, when did he get there? It takes a few days for the process to take place. Once his phone list is approved, he will be able to call you. He may be (more than likely) transferred to another prison, even in a different region. If you live in this region, I would think they will ship him to another region. DOC seems to do that most of the time. You are going to have to fill out your visitation form, but you cannot send it in until you know where he is going, just so that it doesn't get lost anywhere. It is best to have it go where he is going to. Once it's approved, you can start to visit him. I want to say that you can download the application from this site so you can have it ready to go when he is transferred to his perm prison. He will also end up "wanting" money too.. there is an Inmate Trust Fund Account where you can make a deposit into for him. You can mail it, or JP it. JP is an online via credit card and they charge you a fee, too high for me ;) I mail mine in. I want to say there is a link on here somewhere for the phone number to get some deposit slips sent to you, that way you can mail him some money. It will have to be a money order and it takes a few weeks to process. I know there is lots more to tell you, but cannot think of them now.. if you can think of any specific questions.. just ask.. and remember.. ... we are all here for the same reason.. we have a loved one inside.. HE is your child... regardless of his age.. he is your baby.. :grouphug: he needs your moral support right now.. as much as you need to hear his voice..

Johnsmom21
06-29-2011, 07:38 AM

I hope things go well for you. I am new to this and am wondering how you find out their level? thanks.

~*~His Bella~*~
06-29-2011, 07:58 AM
I hope things go well for you. I am new to this and am wondering how you find out their level? thanks.

It's listed on DOC's site when you search for your inmate. I try to check every so often to see if his has changed.

PRISONWIFE26
07-04-2011, 03:20 AM
Hello my name is denice from vero beach florida. My husband just got sent to the reception center in orlando called CFRC MAIN. I was wondering can you cisit them at this prison, and write them? I was just wondering because I know this isnt the permenant place for him, its just a reception center, and also how can I get a visitation application? And when I fill it out how long will it take to get approved? Thank you so much for your time,and help if you can answer any of my questions:-)

PRISONWIFE26
07-04-2011, 03:22 AM
What I met to write in the title is can u visit loved ones at the CFRC MAIN PRISON?

Jenrietta
07-04-2011, 08:37 AM
You can download the forms on this forum, it's sticky. I'm not sure if you can visit yet. You might have to wait until he's settled somewhere and that is where you send your viso forms. It shouldn't take too long to be approved unless you've had a *fun* history. Good luck.

MarGrits
07-04-2011, 08:41 AM
You can write him, I can send you the address if you need It but it's on the FL DOC website.

As for visitation, you can't unless it becomes his perm. There is the visitation form on the sticky thread. You can have that filled out and ready to go when he gets to his perm. Place. Then you'll just need to wait for it to be approved.

As for when he'll be moved, my fiance was fairly quick, like 10 days but it can and will take longer based on bedspace and other (unknown) factors. Sign up for the vine link on his DOC page so you'll know when he's being moved. It's not 100% real time but you'll know when he's being moved. Hope this helps...I just went through it a little over a month ago!

littlebetty
07-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Hello, I'm new here. My husband is getting ready to be transferred to Orlando (I think) for reception. Can I fill out the visitation form and fax it to them to visit him? If so what would the fax # be? Can I visit him at reception? Is the visitation form good for the whole state or just the one prison he is at? Thanks for the help. Betty

wifeofMichael
07-04-2011, 06:02 PM
You cannot visit at reception. Go ahead and fill out the form and get it ready to send in when he's sent to his permanent camp. They won't take it at reception. Yes, once you are approved at his permanent camp it will follow him around like his phone list.

littlebetty
07-04-2011, 07:09 PM
You cannot visit at reception. Go ahead and fill out the form and get it ready to send in when he's sent to his permanent camp. They won't take it at reception. Yes, once you are approved at his permanent camp it will follow him around like his phone list.

So what we heard about being able to visit at reception is not true?:confused:
Can I still send him money when he gets to reception? And will it move with him? Thanks so much for your help.

ben's girl
07-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Inmates who are still in reception are not allowed to have visits. Inmates in reception centers who are considered "permanent" or are just there while in transit to another facility are allowed to have visits.

As soon as he has a DC number, you can send him some money. You can send money a couple of different ways: Jpay.com, Western Union or Money Gram (you will need the code city) or by sending a money order to Tallahassee. To send a money order you will need deposit slips. You can even go ahead and requests some deposit slips thru Inmate Trust Fund (866-209-7250). All you have to do is leave a message with your name and address and they will mail you about 10 slips. There is a fee to send money via Jpay, WU or Money Gram, but it only costs .50 to send the money order plus the cost of the money order and the stamp to mail. It does take longer to post to his account if you mail it.

Johnsmom21
07-07-2011, 07:18 AM
It's listed on DOC's site when you search for your inmate. I try to check every so often to see if his has changed.

Thank you His Bella. I have read most of your posts. You have been heaven sent during this tough time.

gigi2390
08-05-2011, 07:44 PM
my boyfriend was tranfered to the recepetion center in orlando (main) form volusia county jail..but he is not showing up on the DOC website at all..im so confused..volusia county website says hes not in custody..does it take a while for him to get a number??? i just wanna know hes ok :(..id appreciate anything ya"ll might know thannxxx

ben's girl
08-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Welcome to PTO! Glad you found us :)

He should show up by morning. There is a thread in the FL What You Need to Know forum titled something like "How Long Until He Shows Up on the DOC Website?" This thread will give you a general idea of when to expect to see his picture and info listed.

gigi2390
08-05-2011, 07:58 PM
thanxxxxx...also i had a account set up with securus at volusia that he called me on daily but its to a cell will that still work for the reception center or no??:confused: i know for his perm place ill need a land line (im working on it)..

ben's girl
08-05-2011, 08:43 PM
You'll need the landline for reception too. As soon as you get the number send him a letter with it so he can turn in his phone list. Also once you have it, you can just call CBS and add it to your existing acct.

Terran
01-15-2012, 12:38 AM
When you go into the inmate search data base on the DOC site- and pull up your loved ones profile thingy (the one with the picture) you'll see a blue box near his picture that says "VINELink" if you click on that it will take you to a page where you can register for notification. Its free automated system that will call or email you whenever he is moved. I think its intended purpose is for victims but i use it as a "hubby tracking device"....its free and automated and keeps you from checking the DOC site a hundred times a day. The website was updated about 6 hours before I got the automated call but still very prompt

Terran
01-15-2012, 12:42 AM
my boyfriend was tranfered to the recepetion center in orlando (main) form volusia county jail..but he is not showing up on the DOC website at all..im so confused..volusia county website says hes not in custody..does it take a while for him to get a number??? i just wanna know hes ok :(..id appreciate anything ya"ll might know thannxxx
while they are transferring they take them off the website... dont freak (i hear ya i was convinced they had kidnapped him for medical testing) he will pop back up in like 10 hours tops.
i think they do that so no one tries to bust them out while they are enroute

NAN425
01-15-2012, 11:04 AM
while they are transferring they take them off the website... dont freak (i hear ya i was convinced they had kidnapped him for medical testing) he will pop back up in like 10 hours tops.
i think they do that so no one tries to bust them out while they are enroute

DOC's computers only update once per day, at midnight, with new information. It's not immediate.

So, Volusia's computer updates are more immediate...they logged him out pretty quickly when he was transferred to DOC. But you'll have to wait until after midnight the day anything happens to your loved one (being received into custody, or moving) to see that change reflected in the computer record.

Location and release dates are the only things that update daily...everything else only updates once per week on Sunday nights.

Vinelink only notifies when someone arrives at a new destination. So if a move takes several steps over several days, you won't get notified of the steps in the middle, just the final arrival at destination.

love0511
03-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Totally frustrated with the lack of work ethic and nastiness of my husband's Classification officer . There is way more to this story but curious if anyone has any loved ones there & some insight on how to deal with these people . My husband has been in doc 10 months and been transferred many times and managed to stay out of trouble , but because of 1 unsat gaintime he is screwed right now and. Not community custody ! I have. Even trying to rectify that with no help from these people just dis couragement and down right nastiness to me and him .

SimplyMe123
03-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Hi there... :welcome: to PTO! I'm glad you found us. This is a great place to get advice, support, and information. I've moved your thread to the Florida forum so you can get the best info. I'm sorry you're having difficulties with the prison officials! I hope someone comes along who can help you figure this out.

Soinlovew/him
04-21-2012, 01:37 PM
My loved one is there now. He says he wont be there long just long enough for orientation, whatever that is...

NAN425
04-21-2012, 06:13 PM
My loved one is there now. He says he wont be there long just long enough for orientation, whatever that is...

He means reception, which is the official intake process for DOC. Medical and psychological evaluations mostly.

SoulMouse
04-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Does anyone know what day of the week an inmate can purchase canteen while in Administrative Confinement at CFRC-Main? I called and was only told once a week and then got the DT. So frustrating!

tripsgirl
04-22-2012, 08:32 PM
I have a few questions about this facility & I hope someone can help..

1. Can he have visits?
2. Will he be able to call me?
3. Will he be able to write me right away?
4. He's going to serve about 13 months, if that, of his sentence (due to gain time, etc) & I heard since it's not a very long sentence they will try to put him into a permanent camp near home? What are the chances of him getting put somewhere fairly close?
5. Will I have to send him envelopes & stamps or will they be provided?

Thank you.

ben's girl
04-22-2012, 08:48 PM
I have a few questions about this facility & I hope someone can help..

1. Can he have visits?
2. Will he be able to call me?
3. Will he be able to write me right away?
4. He's going to serve about 13 months, if that, of his sentence (due to gain time, etc) & I heard since it's not a very long sentence they will try to put him into a permanent camp near home? What are the chances of him getting put somewhere fairly close?
5. Will I have to send him envelopes & stamps or will they be provided?

Thank you.

1. Unless he is made a "permanent" at CFRC he will be able to have visits. Once he moves to his permanent facility you can send in your visitation form.
2. He will be able to call once his phone list is approved. Right now only landlines are allowed, but cell phones are supposed to approved soon.
3. He can write to you ASAP as long as he has writing supplies.
4. He will be sent where they have a bed for him based on his custody level, medical and mental health needs, etc. They don't take into consideration where someone is from when placing them.
5. You can either send him stamps, paper and envelopes (see the Sticky thread in the FL Phones and Mail forum) or he can purchase these items, if he has money in his account.

tripsgirl
04-22-2012, 09:03 PM
1. Unless he is made a "permanent" at CFRC he will be able to have visits. Once he moves to his permanent facility you can send in your visitation form.
2. He will be able to call once his phone list is approved. Right now only landlines are allowed, but cell phones are supposed to approved soon.
3. He can write to you ASAP as long as he has writing supplies.
4. He will be sent where they have a bed for him based on his custody level, medical and mental health needs, etc. They don't take into consideration where someone is from when placing them.
5. You can either send him stamps, paper and envelopes (see the Sticky thread in the FL Phones and Mail forum) or he can purchase these items, if he has money in his account.

So he could call my house phone tomorrow?

& they do not supply him with any writing supplies at all?

ben's girl
04-23-2012, 06:34 AM
He can call once his phone list is approved and as long as you've setup an acct with Securus.

He might receive a piece of paper and envelope but I've found that not all facilities will provide that. If he is already on the DOC website with a DC number you can go ahead and send him the writing supplies (but not a pen).

Dave's SoulMate
04-24-2012, 12:25 PM
My husband was sent the CFRC Main on 13 April. I received his first letter on 21 April. I think they gave him paper, an envelope and a stamp because he would not have received my first letter by that Wednesday in order to write it and have it mailed on the 19th. I wrote him as soon as I saw his DOC # and where he was at on Saturday. He says that he was told that it would be a month before he would be approved to place a phone call to me. His CO told me that she sent the phone bill and his phone list last Thursday and it would be 2 to 3 weeks for him to approved because there is only one person who does the accounts for everyone there. My husband also wrote me and told me that classification is back up and it most likely will be a month before he sees classification. My husband wrote that it is like boot camp but alot tougher in many ways. I worry about him.

JudyA68
04-24-2012, 04:11 PM
If you are lucky, it does not always take that long to have the phone list approved. I was lucky and had a call less than 2weeks after being sent to reception. In fact, he was still at CFRC when I received my first call. I don't know how we got around it buy neither myself or my MIL ever had to send in a phone bill. He just put our names on the list and we were approved. Now, when I moved out of state and had to change my number I had to send in a bill with my number that had already been approved and then either a work order for new service or the new service bill. I had sent an email confirmation from the new phone company and within 3 days I was up and running again. I am sure that it has alot to do with his classification officer. I agree with what others have said. This is a wonderful place to get information and support. I don't know what I would have done had I not found this site. I pray that all goes well for you and your family. I am sure in time everything will be ok.

FrankBlazesWife
04-29-2012, 12:55 AM
My boyfriend just went to cfrc two days ago. He was sentenced to 4yrs so this is the beginning and I must say im quite confused. So no calls for smetime and visits are out the question...all I can do is write? Another thing ..hes only 21 and committed a home ivasion robbery. So would he be cosidered a youthful offender? Im so confused about all of it and the websites are helpful but aren't detailed and are outdated. Please help

ben's girl
04-29-2012, 10:06 AM
He will be able to call once his list is approved. There isn't a set timeframe on how long that takes to happen. Make sure you have an account setup with Securus, www.securustech.net (http://www.securustech.net). This is the provider for CFRC and all DOC facilities (some of the private facilities use a different company). Visits are not allowed for inmates that are in "reception". Once he is moved to his permanent facility you can send your visitation application to his classification officer. CO's have 30 days to approve your application but it doesn't always take that long.

Right now your lifeline to each other is letters. He'll be moved before you know it. You'll get through this. Just try to keep positive and let him know what's going on with you. :)

As far as being considered a YO, there are some variables that determine this. If he has his GED, he should more than likely be sent to an adult facility. And from what I've read on here about the YO facilities, the adult facilities are a much better place to be. The YO camps are full of gang activity, theft and fighting. Kids trying to prove they're tough, IMO.

Dave's SoulMate
04-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Well my husband's custody level has been set at close. They say they look at no criminal history and his retired military status (veteran), but it looks like they really concentrate on the years he has and, of course, the crime. It is all just a chart with numbers and no real looking at the person and who they are. Hopefully they will re-look at his level and see the good person he is, who made a mistake and just wants to do his time and come home to his family. Do not know when they would review his level again. :mad:

Have not received another letter from him and no phone calls. I have only received one letter and that was on April 21st. I don't even know if he is getting my letters that I have sent him since April 14th. Don't know when I will get a call from him. I worry that he is alright. :confused:

Don't know when or where they will send him. I know they really don't look at where his family lives. :cry:

NAN425
04-30-2012, 07:29 AM
Well my husband's custody level has been set at close. They say they look at no criminal history and his retired military status (veteran), but it looks like they really concentrate on the years he has and, of course, the crime. It is all just a chart with numbers and no real looking at the person and who they are. Hopefully they will re-look at his level and see the good person he is, who made a mistake and just wants to do his time and come home to his family. Do not know when they would review his level again. :mad:

Have not received another letter from him and no phone calls. I have only received one letter and that was on April 21st. I don't even know if he is getting my letters that I have sent him since April 14th. Don't know when I will get a call from him. I worry that he is alright. :confused:

Don't know when or where they will send him. I know they really don't look at where his family lives. :cry:

You have to understand that custody levels are set for the security of everyone in the facility that will be around that inmate - other inmates, staff. When levels are set in reception they have very little information to go on about an inmate - a very brief interview and a few facts about their life. The crime weighs heavily in that equation out of necessity because they have little else to go on. They err on the side of caution setting custody levels.

Later, when your husband's custody is reviewed by staff at his permanent camp after he's been there for awhile, they will have some day to day experience with him to go on, and that will factor in quite a bit. But in reception...it's just mostly facts and figures and formulas.

ETA: Also - You haven't said what his crime was and what the circumstances were...it's possible that his custody would have been CM without the factors that you mentioned above of the military service and lack of prior history. You don't know.