View Full Version : 90% Questions And Other Concerns!!!!

SASSIE21898
08-24-2004, 08:41 AM
MY BOYFRIEND WAS REVOCATED FOR CATCHING A NEW CHARGE (POSSESION OF COCAINE) AND IS LOOKING AT 5-10YRS. HE HAD PRIOR TO THIS NEW CHARGE: BURGLARY-5YRS AND POSSESION OF A FIREARM DURING A CRIME-5YRS. UNFORTUNATELY THEY ARE RUNNING CONSECUTIVE. HE HAS DONE 4YRS ALREADY ON THE BURGLARY CHARGE AND HAS ONE MORE LEFT. I KNOW THAT HE IS GONNA DO THAT FULL YEAR AND THEN THE OTHER TWO CHARGES WILL BE PAROLED OUT. I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG MIGHT HE DO FOR THESE TWO CHARGES AND I HAVE A COUPLE OF OTHER QUESTIONS.

DOES POSSESION OF A FIREARM DURING A CRIME FALL UNDER THE 90%POLICY?
HOW MUCH TIME MIGHT HE DO FOR POSSESION OF A FIREARM DURING A CRIME AND POSSESION OF COCAINE?
IS THERE ANYWAY TO GET HIS TIME SHORTENED?

4everAlways
10-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Hey Sassie,

Possession of a firearm does not fall under the 90% policy. I with the possession of the cocaine charge and in conjunction with the firearm he could be looking at 7-10 easily. I hear that good behavior can get your time shortened even on the violent crimes. I think the thing your man should be most concerned with is GA's 3 strikes law. I'd hate for him to end up with a life sentence behind some bullschytte. Talk to your man and help him help himself. In the meantime, keep your head up.