View Full Version : I called GA Diagnostic today

Gemini4lif
08-23-2004, 03:07 PM
to inquire about my husbands visitation. He has visits Mon-Fri 9-11 or 2pm -4pm. When I asked if there was a form or anything I needed to fill out they told me no, that all I needed to do was come up there with my id, and that I was the only person on his list. Which seemed kind of strange to me since everyone else said there was a form or something that I needed to fill out. Is it because we are married? Anyone else not have to fill out any paperwork to visit?

Patrice

strongernow
08-23-2004, 04:00 PM
At Georgia Diagnostic & Classification Prison, after the initial 6 weeks there, an inmate is allowed IMMEDIATE FAMILY VISITORS ONLY. Which you qualify as, since you are married to him :)

It is not contact visitation, it is through a screen and prepare youself for screaming, because it gets very loud in the visiting room. I would recommend going during the early days in the week when it is less busy as well!

lilivoryangel
08-23-2004, 09:03 PM
I know at diagnostics that is how it is, and I have never had to fill out a form since then either b/c he is in a count camp.

Gemini4lif
08-24-2004, 07:29 AM
So when he gets moved is when I have to fill out a visitation form?

strongernow
08-24-2004, 08:50 AM
No you shouldn't. I only had to fill out a Significant Other form because thats jsut what I am right now. Since you are married you are still considered immediate family no matter which prison he goes to.

Gemini4lif
08-24-2004, 09:18 AM
Oh ok...I guess I might be able to go visit him now. I was concerned about that background check ( I was a bad girl a long time ago!) and thought that might hinder me being able to go see him. So I will keep my fingers crossed that I dont have to fill out any forms!

lilivoryangel
08-24-2004, 07:26 PM
It will depend on where he goes, but I doubt you will. If you so, there is a chance the check won't show anything if it was long ago. were you given first offender treatment? If so, it won't show up. They actually do let people visit who have a past, it just depends upon the crime etc. so don't worry too much.