View Full Version : how to find out about a inmates crime?

nasty_boo
08-21-2004, 11:20 PM
i have a new pen pal/friend to be in san quentin on DR and i was wondering if there is any way for me to find out more about the crime ... all i can find online is the date of his crime and the county but it seems impossible to find more infos!!! of course i could ask him and i will but i figured i would take some time to get to know him as the person as he is and not the criminal but i guess my curiosity is catching up with me :o well my dear friends on PTO does any of you know how i could find out some details about his crime????

thank you for your help!!! :thumbsup:

jasonsmyhoney
08-22-2004, 02:57 PM
id say type his name into an internet search engine and see what it pulls up. thats how i found out about my pal's crime....

nasty_boo
08-22-2004, 03:28 PM
thank you ... i tried it with no success .... he is in california and it seems impossible to find anything about him!!! well the only things i find are those pen pals websites!!! well i guess if i dont find anything i will write him and ask which i didnt want to do right away!!!! thank you so much for your help and have a nice day! :thumbsup:

jasonsmyhoney
08-22-2004, 04:23 PM
yeah you can always ask him, and let him know that youre just asking outta curiosity, not to place judgement on him. he should eventually open up and let you know what the deal is....

Eric's Homegirl
08-22-2004, 09:44 PM
If you are really that curious, call his counselor at the prison. His record is
Public. Or if you have concerns, call the prison and ask to speak to a counselor on the Death Row side. Or you can call the records department.

jasonsmyhoney
08-22-2004, 09:48 PM
If you are really that curious, call his counselor at the prison. His record is
Public. Or if you have concerns, call the prison and ask to speak to a counselor on the Death Row side. Or you can call the records department.
now is this one a true fact cuz to my understanding counselors cannot give out information to just "anybody." but case records down in sacramento can so if you need the number call directory assistance and get it.....if you cant get it from 411 give me till the end of this coming week and ill get it from my friend and post it here for you all.....

valalderton
05-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Does it matter??? Are you more interested in what he has done than being a much needed friend and pen pal. Let your friendship grow and if you really need to know then I think its you who needs to ask yourself why. Its what they have done why they are in prison its not WHO they are!!

Schmusi34
05-25-2005, 12:47 AM
also if he is in the middle of his appeals he won't be allowed to talk about his crime. That could turn out to be very dangerous for him. You should just leave it.

wizzard
05-25-2005, 01:02 AM
Do you know where the crime was committed? Check the local papers archives.