View Full Version : Does anyone know if CO's, Parole Board, etc. read our posts?

Kebela1
08-17-2004, 05:25 PM
I was sitting here thinking about some of the things that I post and my husband is also concerned. How do we know if someone from the prisons don't make things up so they can be a member of the PTO and monitor everything going on here? I know that sound paranoid, but I spoke with someone at the prison today that is alway very rude and un-helpful to me and he did a complete turn around today. He was very nice and articulate (ususally he sounds like he has a mouth full of dirt) and he was also helpful and respectful. I have posted several things reguarding this lately and all of a sudden he changed his tune. My husband told me to watch what I say but I have always thought of this site as a comfort zone with friends and support. Now my husband has me thinking..... :rolleyes:

lilivoryangel
08-17-2004, 07:42 PM
I have become paranoid about this too, to the point I had several posts removed from this site and another one. I think it is fairly safe here, but I actually received a PM from soemone "warning me" so I really got paranoid. My husband is too close to coming home to let some whacko screw it up for us. I say be cautious and give little info. You might prefer to email those of us who you are more comfortable with about certain issues. I totally understand your concerns. But it is hard not to post because it is so therapeutic for us. Anyone who uses this site for any other purpose is sick and will get what is coming to them.........(I guess that was mean????)

MsChiku
08-17-2004, 07:48 PM
I suppose you both make good points. I usually say what I mean and mean what I say. I don't bite my tongue. But if it's things you regret saying then of course you may be concerned about the repricusions. This keeps me prayerful for us all. Be Blessed.

Kebela1
08-17-2004, 07:51 PM
I NEVER regret what I say. I am the kind of person that speaks my mind also. I guess I just didn't get what I was really trying to say accross.

Jennifer_04
08-17-2004, 11:42 PM
I'm not worried about any prison people seeing what I have to say! In fact....HEY prison people, can you let my man go so we can get on with our life??? Thanks, have a great day :-)

strongernow
08-18-2004, 08:14 AM
LOL Jennifer! :) You are a hoot!!!

Barbara - I understand what you were saying, I think your point came across just fine. To me your concern is merely that if you expose too many details about your personal life or loved one that there may be CO's, etc. visiting the site and reading what you have said. Totally understandable.

The only thing I would say - keep anything private/personal in PM's or emails between your friends and never use your full (first and last) name. Nothing wrong with a first name, but if you are paranoid, never list your last.

:) Luckily I feel very safe here at PTO and I think these occurances you speak of have been very rare.

Gemini4lif
08-18-2004, 09:15 AM
I removed personal information about myself and my husband..including his picture for that reason. I am open to everyone that I come into contact with....but some people might have some alterior motives that I didnt even want to deal with. I always say its better to be safe than sorry. Fortunately, I havent had any problems to speak of. Most people I think are on the up and up....I dont know why anyone would want to perpetrate a fraud like that just to get some dirt on someone that is already incarcerated anyway...I guess to add more fuel to the fire. Some people!

flygirlaa2
08-23-2004, 08:42 AM
I have had that exact situation happen, which is why I do not post much any more. I posted that I had sent some monies to a prisoner for doing some legal work. The unit manager let it be known that he (in his own words) was a regular poster here. The guy who did the legal work was put in the hole. It was a huge, huge problem. I wont go into it, but I think you guys can just imagine.

strongernow
08-23-2004, 08:51 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

I just wanted to reassure the Georgia ladies that for every one of the "bad" stories you hear, there are thousands of GOOD experiences people share with PTO :D

haswtch
08-23-2004, 11:23 AM
ugh, flygirl, that bites. sorry to hear of it. For myself, I'm with Jennifer '04. Hey you guys (if you are out there) thanks for feeding him n stuff, couldja give him back now?

MsChiku
08-23-2004, 06:36 PM
I have had that exact situation happen, which is why I do not post much any more. I posted that I had sent some monies to a prisoner for doing some legal work. The unit manager let it be known that he (in his own words) was a regular poster here. The guy who did the legal work was put in the hole. It was a huge, huge problem. I wont go into it, but I think you guys can just imagine.

(((FlyGirlaa2/Mrs. Shabazz))) I am so upset that happened to you :mad: and (((Gemini4life))) It's sad when we can't share our pics with each other due to other's alterior motives. So I cleaned up my signature too and now I'm showing off my 3rd most favorite Man in the world. My husband, My Son, & Tupac(at least he can't be hurt any more) :idea: Thanks for the 411 Ladies. Peace ;)

strongernow
08-24-2004, 09:35 AM
We all do need to remember that membership is required to post on PTO, but not just to view/read the site.

If this is truly a concern, as I stated before, keep all personal information that you wouldn't want the public to know in PMs, email, etc. between friends.

There are thousands of threads/posts praising PTO for the support, friendships and information...all found here, it just happens that every so often we might get a bad egg or run into a sticky situation.