View Full Version : 8/17/04 GA Check-In

strongernow
08-17-2004, 12:46 PM
:) How is everyone doing this week? :)

What's been going on and is there anything new????

Gemini4lif
08-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Patrice here.

Nothing new to report. Just waiting for my husband to be moved from Jackson so we can talk on the phone. It will be 8 weeks on Friday...so hopefully he will be moved sometime next week.

School is starting on the 30th for my 11 year old son so I am in the process of doing my school shopping.

Other than that, just writing letters and waiting for the phone to ring again!

Patrice

Charliesgirl
08-17-2004, 01:26 PM
Not much here in New York. TOday is Charlies birthday. WIsh he would call, but they dont turn the phones on til after I leave for work. Work is getting very busy, college students are due back next week and things are still arent done. The weather is a little warmer today, our summer has been cool and wet.Try and hang on Patrice, it shouldnt be long now til the phone rings. That 1st phone call is the best. We are here if you need us... You all have a great day, its off to work.

Gemini4lif
08-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Charliesgirl,

I tell you, these last few weeks knowing that it could be any day now have been torture. I hear that phone ring and my heart stops for a minute, see that its not him and am crushed every time! I just wish it would happen sooner than later.

Make sure you tell Charlie we all said happy birthday!

strongernow
08-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Same ol', same ol' here, too!
Still job hunting and just enjoying my time off since the move with my kids and family & friends.
The baby is crawling all over the place now and as of a few days ago she can sit up all on her own! She also had her 6th tooth break through the gums yesterday so she has been a bit fussy!
My son is rowdy as ever and such a hoot! His latest and greatest is trying to sing along with the songs on the radio when we are in the car! It's hilarious! Hard to believe my little baby is about to be 4 in October!!!
Things are good for me and my fiance! We have been looking at houses, he is still working hard everyday, AND we finally picked a day for the wedding! I know it's a long time away, but I'm very excited! Sept. 24, 2005!!! :D
So I guess that's about it for us. Still hot as blue blazes here most days. We had a few cool days last week where it got down to the high 70's, what a tease!
Anyway, hope everyone is doing well! :)

tell Charlie Happy Birthday from us Pam!!!
Patrice - keep the faith, girl! I told you that earlier :)

1dayatatime
08-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Hey,
We are doing fine--the boys are enjoying school. I had a job interview last week they called today to offer me the job--I told them I would call back tomorrow. I sure do enjoy only working 2-3 days a week. But I need more money, I have depleted my savings account and thats a scarey feeling---I need new tires and my brakes needs checking---probably rotors with my driving!! J called today he sounded better---has hope that maybe he will only have to do 18 months of the 2 yrs.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!!

ONE

Willssweetie
08-17-2004, 07:43 PM
Hello everyone. Not much going on here. Will has settled into a routine at Wilcox. So far it is still a quiet easy-going kinda place. The other day he wrote me and was so excited because they got an ice machine installed in their dorm. LOL. I've been making plans to go see him during Christmas. I even already have my room reservations made. Only bur in my side lately is about the prison phone. Almost two months ago I joined PrisonCalls Online. Wilcox still has not entered the new phone number into their system. I was trying to be patient and let Will take care of it on his end, but he has had no luck. SSSOOOOO now I'm getting involved. And so the fight begins. Wish me luck..lol. :p

lilivoryangel
08-17-2004, 08:38 PM
Things have been busy but good. The boys are doing good at school though the initial morning separation has been hard for them. I am busy working my two jobs, I am teaching 8:30-11:30 then to the office before picking the boys up at 2:30 so by 8 I am exhausted! It takes all I can do to log on and check my email! I know you all know the feeling! I did get a new car Friday! (VOLVO-wanted a Mercedes but I looked at them and I am sorry, but I Can not and will not pay that for car! the one I wanted was ONLY $74,000! that is more than my first house cost! So luckily the Volvos are in the same dealership so I went across the lot to where those like me can afford to shop! I probably should have just got back in the van and went on home! But I was sick of the van, it has been in the shop several times this year for this and that, the transmission was recalled last month, and the warranty was about to expire so I traded it. That has been fun! It is the first time I bought a car and didn't pay anything down on it so I am driving a brand new car and I even get a break on a car payment, I don't have one until Sept! WOO HOO! So that is all here.......

beckylee
08-18-2004, 08:49 PM
Hi all -
Being in Missouri is hard! I know some of you are not located in GA either. For those who are, I'm happy for you. Stronger Now - I'm really happy for you. Things seem to be going good. You deserve it! As for everyone - seems like life is trucking along! I talked to my son tonight. He is at Walker and doing ok. He just wants his time to be done. He asked me about a new grid out that Cobb Co is using for drug convictions after 1/1/04. Does anyone know anything about it? I did get to see Jerry the last weekend of July - it was a great visit. It was so good to hug him! He looked much better than the last time I had seen him when he was on the street.

Love to all of you - you guys have really helped me. Thanks for being there. Have a great week, week-end!