View Full Version : aggravated robbery and 70%

his_lil_sis
08-16-2004, 11:02 PM
Hi, I am the sister of an inmate in Arkansas Tucker unit serving 7 of a 10 year sentence for Aggravated Robbery...I would love to hear from others who have family & loved ones incarcarated on the same or simliar charges...He has been in ADC for one year now, hopefully we will file for commutation soon, has anyone else done this yet and how long did before filing and what was the outcome ? I am learning alot on the 70% law and have discovered if it changes next year it only will affect those doing time for drug charges and not those with harsher crimes like my brother...I just keep hoping for some good news, anything you have would be greatly appreciated......Shirley :)

lovew/chris
08-17-2004, 08:51 AM
My Husband Is Also Incarcerated For Aggravated Robbery And Is Serving A 45 Year Sentence. I Really Want To Try To Give Some Type Of Options For An Earlier Release Date, But I Have Not The Slightest Idea What To Do? What Are You Saying About The Commutation? What's That? All Info Would Be Greatly Appreciated:)

his_lil_sis
08-17-2004, 12:20 PM
I would gladly share all that I have learned with you but please tell me when your husband was charged and how long has he been incarcarated..What unit is he in also? I am learning and would love to share info with others...email me at (e-mail address removed per PTO policy - member may be contacted via Private Messaging on PTO):) :) :)

JJsGB
08-18-2004, 10:49 PM
My fiance is in prison in Iowa. He is in for armed robbery two counts. He is serving 10 years previously mandatory 85%, but the law was just changed so now he is eligible for parole in about a year and a half. He has been in for 6 years. He went in when he was 19.

John Kerry if elected is going to do some federal reform on all state prisons. He is going to make guidelines for every state prison to follow for each crime. The harsher crimes like the ones our men committed or are serving time for will even have their time reduced, by no choice of the state gov't. I'm hoping all of this will go into effect. This woudl be the best.

If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help you any way that I can.

Tana

littled73
08-23-2004, 03:13 PM
I am just wondering where you found or heard about that information about John Kerry JJ's.I would be interested in knowing about his plans.