View Full Version : What do you want to see here?

Manzanita
08-10-2004, 05:14 PM
:)

Any suggestions of things you want to see here?

Anthony'sWife
08-10-2004, 05:21 PM
I would like to see more info for the new york forum, about everything from legal advice to frp visits, perhaps a quick list of some sort,

Manzanita
08-10-2004, 05:26 PM
what kind of lists? what about FRP visits do you want to see here? what kind of Legal advice would you suggest?

Sam's girl
08-10-2004, 05:27 PM
How about prep for parole

Anthony'sWife
08-10-2004, 05:49 PM
yeah thats a good one, info on the appeals process, i now there is a legal forum but not all of that applies to new york, and your thread about frps was very helpful to me, suggestions on what to do on your visit together besides the obvious, sometimes people get nervous, especially if its there first one.

Manzanita
08-10-2004, 05:54 PM
so anything else about FRP missing from here? I feel like more people need to talk about theirs here too...

legal info on appeals? ok...

how to prepare for a visit?

ok...I will work on it.

Anthony'sWife
08-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Thanks Mrs G u are great! Yeah I feel like people are holding back on there frp visits! LOL

LADYCEE
08-10-2004, 06:03 PM
I agree with the above we need more on the legal system ie: the appeal process, more on the FRP surpise more people have not responded to this one.

Manzanita
08-10-2004, 06:06 PM
but besides peoples experience, is there any info missing??? maybe the food list allowed but it is like the regular list and you can get one from your FRP coordinator as well...
check out the LAWS forum here....do a search but I will ask around.

Anthony'sWife
08-10-2004, 08:51 PM
I agree I mean they send u a list of what is acceptable and what isn't but to me it doesnt make it personal, not that u want to be a "copy cat" for lack of a better term but we all know the obvious, what we are gonna do etc.. but to hear differnt peoples experiences sometimes sparks up a light bulb so to speak, Like me for instance, I love my husband but I get really nervous about our frp visits, I mean its been a long time since we have been able to be alone together and I want to make it as special as possible, I know it will be but I just would like to know what other people do to make it special, I like to let him just sleep in the morning, he looks so peaceful and its not that often that he gets to sleep in a comfortable bed, its not home but its as close to it as possible, so I'll start breakfast and he wakes up from the smell and I love that! He looks so happy and so at peace, a differnt look from our regular visits.

Manzanita
08-10-2004, 09:39 PM
when Is the last time you had one?

Ronnie
08-11-2004, 04:37 AM
I would like to see more state specific information on parole preparation, appeals, education, programs, etc. I guess I am most interested in what is available to better assist them with preparing for life outside if that exists for them. I have been reading so much lately on the recidivism rates and how the inmates lack of preparation is a prime factor in their return to prison. What is NY doing, if anything, to ensure that this does not happen? Or is it a business for them--keep them in, don't "rehabilitate" them and they'll come back--thereby keeping jobs for the NYSDOC?

Sorry MrsG, I may have turned this post into a venting session; but I hope you can understand my frustration?!?!?!

Manzanita
08-11-2004, 07:56 AM
I have posted much info last night for Parole preperation, and Appeals, (will get more infor on that soon) read the thread "HOw to prepare for parole" Also, check out the thread "programs in new york" and then check out the thread of links "NY Resource Links" at the top also, they wil all help you with this. There are links there about education and I will be posting more about that soon, but you can check out the Education Forum here on PTO, I have read all of that stuff and it helped me! In NY inmates can no longer take college courses from outside except for this one school that is very expensive, Ohio State University, and you have to pay out of pocket for it. Tell him to take EVERY program there is, so he can be very prepared at his parole board meeting. he can also take many vocational programs...

I understand the frustration!
Totally

maamaaduke
08-11-2004, 11:10 AM
I am fairly new here and have not really looked around yet. I was wondering if there was a "Share a Ride" place. I am planning to visit Upstate from the Buffalo area and was looking for someone to go with me to split expenses.

Manzanita
08-11-2004, 05:01 PM
you should make a seperate thread for this one and ask about it, where you are going and about transportation or if you can share a ride.

daWifey
08-11-2004, 09:59 PM
I'd like to see more information on work release. How it works and i'd like to hear from someone whom has gone through it. I'd also like to see more info on recent changes in the NY laws such as the drug laws. It would also be helpful to get information on current events where we could actually take part.

Manzanita
08-12-2004, 08:10 AM
hiya! :)
This information has been posted.
You can do a search or go back and read ....there are like tons of pages of threads for NY and I have found a few on work release and I have posted info on the Drug Laws as well...always check back a few pages, or do a search. this is the latest news on drugs laws. ask if you need more info. Maybe you can start a thread on work release, who has had experience with it, etc etc... ;) (this is the original thread if you want to see it)

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71163

I will find out more for you if you need it, on work release, I do not know about it, because my husband will not get this. I know many women here have though.