View Full Version : Early Release

JISMOM
04-06-2020, 01:45 PM
Has anyone heard about them releasing people that are about to the end of their time early Because of COVID-19. My son said they have been releasing people from Vandalia that are in for non violent stuff and are at the end of their sentences. He doesnt know how long they have left though. He wanted me to call the Springfield IDOC office and ask if he is eligible for the early release. I dont know if they will tell me anything but he says they will. Has anyone ever done this before? He is doing 3 years and has been in since aug 14 2019. projected parole date is feb 5 2021. This is his first time in prison and the only trouble he has been in.

peacehut
04-06-2020, 05:03 PM
Has anyone heard about them releasing people that are about to the end of their time early Because of COVID-19. My son said they have been releasing people from Vandalia that are in for non violent stuff and are at the end of their sentences. He doesnt know how long they have left though. He wanted me to call the Springfield IDOC office and ask if he is eligible for the early release. I dont know if they will tell me anything but he says they will. Has anyone ever done this before? He is doing 3 years and has been in since aug 14 2019. projected parole date is feb 5 2021. This is his first time in prison and the only trouble he has been in.

Definitely call both IDOC and Vandalia and nag them every day. There IS a good chance your son could be released early, but IDOC will drag its feet on it if you don't fight them for him. IDOC will not release anyone unless they have a place to go home to, so vouch for him too. The Governor claims IDOC has already reviewed records of non-violent low-level short-timers. But those are just words to him. If there is a viable argument for the release of any inmate which can be made, one has to make it and do so repeatedly to the Governor's office, IDOC and the prison in order to make it achieveable.

trauma4us
04-06-2020, 06:12 PM
We had a video visit with our son tonight - he just completed his MSR paperwork. His out date is also Feb 2021. However, my son is under a truth in sentencing law though. We did not expect him to do this for several more months. Who knows about IDOC??