View Full Version : Cook County releases for Covid

planetman
03-28-2020, 06:45 PM
It's been extensively in the news the last few days how (to no surprise) the Covid cases are skyrocketing in just a week at Cook County jail. They have been releasing some inmates such as non violent, and those who are sick and vulnerable. But now, according to my L.O. who is there it seems almost everyone in the population is going crazy and understandably apprehensive that they will get an early release. They are even saying things like high bonds are being reduced to almost nothing so they can help thin the population out and reduce the Covid infected inmates. I wonder how much of this is true; but what isnt good is that so many will get their hopes up for early releases and get major disappointments.

jessesgirl1111
03-28-2020, 07:00 PM
It's been extensively in the news the last few days how (to no surprise) the Covid cases are skyrocketing in just a week at Cook County jail. They have been releasing some inmates such as non violent, and those who are sick and vulnerable. But now, according to my L.O. who is there it seems almost everyone in the population is going crazy and understandably apprehensive that they will get an early release. They are even saying things like high bonds are being reduced to almost nothing so they can help thin the population out and reduce the Covid infected inmates. I wonder how much of this is true; but what isnt good is that so many will get their hopes up for early releases and get major disappointments.

My sister is a Lt. there and yes they’re making moves to release a lot more and doing the bond reductions. They’re also trying to release offenders that were given electronic monitor but had no home site approved to be released without it deirbdibg oh circumstances. It’s not a good scene there right now for either side of the population and staff. The CO’s are bringing in their own cleaning supplies, some chemicals that offenders are complaining about their eyes... the offenders are very volatile and there is no movement into IDOC right now for sentenced offenders across the state. IDOC blocked all incoming to try and control this within the state prisons. Many will not be released becuz of their crimes.