View Full Version : Visits cancelled at all KY prisons as of 3/11/2020

sass4221
03-11-2020, 09:53 AM
Visits have been cancelled at all KY prisons as of 3/11/2020. To "compensate" each inmate will be provided 1 free phone call a week and 2 free jpays a week.

Justice and Public Safety Secretary Justice Noble's words about our visits and our loved ones were kind.

Her section begins at -24:01

https://www.facebook.com/WKYTTV/videos/249156016115651/

sass4221
03-11-2020, 09:28 PM
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance for Correctional Facilities
March 10, 2020 (https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dph/covid19/guidanceforcorrectionalfacilities.pdf)

sass4221
03-11-2020, 09:32 PM
Most county jails have suspended visits as well. I can't find a list so please call before you go.

Jarizzi
03-20-2020, 07:30 AM
Does anyone know why JPay and the ability to order from the commissary has been shut down at EKCC? I am not even sure if the phones are working and I have no communication with my LO.

sass4221
03-20-2020, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know why JPay and the ability to order from the commissary has been shut down at EKCC? I am not even sure if the phones are working and I have no communication with my LO.

I could be a number of things. Most of the kiosks are down and there's no telling when they will be fixed. Usually, when one cannot order commissary or access Jpay it's because they are in the hole or on restriction from both.

I got an email this morning and talked to my LO at that same place and he's had no issues.

Jarizzi
03-20-2020, 12:58 PM
I could be a number of things. Most of the kiosks are down and there's no telling when they will be fixed. Usually, when one cannot order commissary or access Jpay it's because they are in the hole or on restriction from both.

I got an email this morning and talked to my LO at that same place and he's had no issues.

He called me yesterday, early afternoon. While we were on the phone, he told me the JPay in his dorm was completely offline for everyone. And that he wasnít able to order commissary. Iím sure if he was in the hole or put on restriction, he wouldnít have been able to call me and tell me about the restrictions, all the while having no idea that he himself was even on restriction. Itís possible that JPay is just broken but he would have called me by now. The only option I have left is that he since he doesnít know my work schedule for today, heís waiting until this evening to call, when he knows Iíll be home. Still, he knows I worry about him and itís very unlike him to not have called by now.

sass4221
03-20-2020, 10:57 PM
I guess I didn't understand your wording then.

When Jpay is offline, they cannot order commissary on it. Jpay kiosks are often offline just like most electronic devices and computers from time to time do. They are not shut down. Basically, they need a reboot or to be shutdown and restarted. Do COs want to do that every time? Nope.

Hopefully you heard from him tonight.

And since visits have been cancelled, phone usage is up so the lines and waits are long. Same for jpay kiosks, when they work.

Jarizzi
03-26-2020, 05:38 PM
I guess I didn't understand your wording then.

When Jpay is offline, they cannot order commissary on it. Jpay kiosks are often offline just like most electronic devices and computers from time to time do. They are not shut down. Basically, they need a reboot or to be shutdown and restarted. Do COs want to do that every time? Nope.

Hopefully you heard from him tonight.

And since visits have been cancelled, phone usage is up so the lines and waits are long. Same for jpay kiosks, when they work.

I did hear from him when he called me but it took another day for Jpay to be up and running again. Tonight he said itís totally offline again. Itís very frustrating dealing with JPay. I did message them on FB and told them about the kiosk issue and gave them the kiosk number and all that. JPay responded and said they put in a work order but that could just be their standard response for all I know.