View Full Version : Big Muddy lockdown info

Elly8897
03-02-2020, 10:21 PM
LO transferred from NRC to BMCC last week, for 8 month stint..BM on lockdown since xfer..any info appreciated...been a long month w/o contact.
Thanks

jessesgirl1111
03-04-2020, 06:00 AM
LO transferred from NRC to BMCC last week, for 8 month stint..BM on lockdown since xfer..any info appreciated...been a long month w/o contact.
Thanks

Full ld for quarantine to control the flu outbreak. Been happening at multiple facilities. Iím sorry itís been so long there! Stay strong.

Elly8897
03-04-2020, 09:02 PM
Thanks so much for the info!

peacehut
03-12-2020, 05:22 PM
Menard was briefly on lockdown for a few days and then came off lockdown on 3/10/20. IDOC website was clear of lockdown on 3/11/20. Now today, IL River, Menard, and Southwestern are all listed on lockdown? My Menard friend called me this am to say that for the first time when inmates from MSU went to the pit (Menard main) for medical call that all the doctors are now wearing masks!!! Said some staff are ill & unknown about inmates. If anyone knows, is this spate of lockdowns at these facilities still due to the flu (because flu season is now past the peak and earlier flu spates cleared up, or what???? Please post if you know, thanks.

LotusBlossom23
03-12-2020, 07:12 PM
It’s probably due to Coronavirus. I’ve heard from several inmates I write with a few times a week they’ve been told to get ready that this might happen if a prisoner or staff member is sick. Prisoners are more at high risk, due to being around so many people and they don’t always have access to sinks, and hand sanitizer is contraband. Some states are entirely shutting down visits and going on LD. Things are all getting canceled and shut down one by one out here, so please don’t be surprised if all prisons including IL follow very soon. Best of health and safety to all of your loved ones.

Julia Grant
03-13-2020, 02:34 AM
Some states are entirely shutting down visits and going on LD. Things are all getting canceled and shut down one by one out here, so please donít be surprised if all prisons including IL follow very soon. Best of health and safety to all of your loved ones.[/QUOTE]

The lockdowns due to the virus have already started here in IL. :(:(

LotusBlossom23
03-13-2020, 04:20 AM
Some states are entirely shutting down visits and going on LD. Things are all getting canceled and shut down one by one out here, so please donít be surprised if all prisons including IL follow very soon. Best of health and safety to all of your loved ones.

The lockdowns due to the virus have already started here in IL. :(:([/QUOTE]

Iím sorry to hear itís getting worse there, Julia. I saw something in the news about IL this morning, the pandemic is worrisome. I donít want to push a panic button, but it is truly affecting everyone. Here, schools have closed down, events have all been canceled, a lot of people are starting to work from home and using social distancing. In prison, people donít have those options.

peacehut
03-31-2020, 07:52 PM
Thanks

Get on the horn to Big Muddy and see if you can get that man out of there! Short-timers are being given seriooouuusss consideration for release right now if there is someplace for them to go.