View Full Version : Yikes!! I had a panic attack at work!!

JWSPMS
08-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Ok I'm at work today and I called my answering machine to check my messages. I was expecting a call. But not the call I got :eek: The message was from a medical social worker asking me to give her a call back. So my mind starts realling since my man just had surgery this past Friday. I was under the impression that they would only call if something bad happened to him. ( although nobody ever called me when he tried to kill himself :slap: go figure).

So I called one of my friends whom I work with to the back hallway who's man is also in prison and try to tell her what was on my answering machine and trying not to cry, I was shaking and my heart was pounding. She tells me to try and calm down and call her back when I get home. Well I got off at 3 and this was at 2 I couldn't wait. So I went to my locker and got my calling card out of my wallet and went to call her back. Expecting to hear the worst of course I was shaking so bad by this time.

Well luckily she answered the phone and starts telling me that he had ACL surgery done (his knee surgery) and that he was doing well. Well I guess she could hear me start to breath again cause she asked if I was alright. I said I just was a little freaked out after hearing your message and explained to her that I knew about the surgery and also everything about why I thought she had called. I told her that my heart was beating a mile a minute and I was shaking like a leaf!! :) She was very nice and said oh my I guess I should've handled that differently. She told me that her office always calls family and loved ones to know when they have had a procedure or are in the hospital. She apologized again for scaring me but said he was fine and actually right across the hall from her. She said I could call up there any time and check on him as long as he was in the hospital. She said he would probably be in the hospital for maybe 5 weeks stressing maybe since he is still considered to be in confinement. But she said he can't walk up stairs right now and it would be up to the doctors. She was very nice and even asked if I would like for her to tell him anything. So I told her that I love him and miss him and am very glad he is all right. She said she would tell him also how she didn't mean to make me panic. I know him he'll be over there laughing his butt off at me about that but telling her how much I love and worry about him.

So :clap: :yay: :yes: :D :) :thumbsup: all is well with him and hope I get a letter from him tomorrow since I didn't today. I know I will get one after she tells him all about our conversation. Wow that was a sressfull last hour of work!! :) LOL

Spikeswife

P.S. that will be nice if he can stay in the hospital to recoperate instead of going back to his little sweatbox of a confinement cell to try and get better!!

princes' girl73
08-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Wow ESP... :D I just read your thread and then saw your PM... Hee hee.. Glad that he is doing well, and that you can relax now... :) Panic attacks are definetly no fun... :blah:

I am so happy that you are able to stay in touch with him while he is in the hospital and that he is finally able to get everything taken care of.. :thumbsup: Everything truly will work out for you girl.. Take care and I will talk to you soon.. Kellie

JWSPMS
08-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Thanks Kellie. Yeah that was no fun but all is well indeed. I just wish they would let me see him. :nono: :no: Oh well what can ya do? :shrug: I'll see him soon enough I guess. WOO! HOO! no more knee brace for him. :yay:

I'll talk to you later.
Spikeswife

txwife
08-03-2004, 03:58 PM
I had to have medicine from the doctor for the year before he went and the year after. I don't have panic attacks anymore but boy howdy. Just take a deep breath and realize there was no reason to get that stressed.

JWSPMS
08-03-2004, 04:05 PM
txwife-- I do realize that now. It's just all still pretty new to me right now and I'm still learning about how they do things and we've been though alot right now and I just automatically jumped to the worst. He tells me I'm going to wind up in the hospital or on medicine if I don't stop always thinking the worst.
So I will definitly keep your advice in mind......thanks.
Spikeswife

woundedangel
08-03-2004, 04:13 PM
I know how you feel I have panic attacks and my meds are yet to be correct.
Hang in there and I am glad he's doing well

mrsalvarez02
08-03-2004, 04:47 PM
So glad to hear your husband will be okay - and also that I'm not the only one who has panic attacks over my man :) maybe we should re-name them prison widow syndrome ;) Best of luck and a speedy recovery to your hunny

JWSPMS
08-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Thank you mrsalvarez02. Yeah, I'm pretty spastic over him sometimes. Since right now I can't talk to him personally so that drives me a little crazy at times. But yeah he's going to be fine. Thank you for your kind words.
Spikeswife

babieboo
08-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Glad to hear that the surgery went well. Girl I probably would have got nervous too with getting that message. Its tough not being able to care for them but this is when we have to rely on God to help us. I am so glad the surgery went well.

JWSPMS
08-04-2004, 09:06 AM
Babieboo-- Thanks Girl. Yeah it is hard cause I want to take care of him and I knew it was just knee surgery but with all we've been through so far I got a little ahead of myself!! But he loves that I care so much, he tells me all the time that no other woman ever has.

And with all we have been through and probably still will I rely so much on God. That is another reason I love my man so much. He has brought me back to God and restored my faith in him and reminded me to turn to God when I'm in need. And so far he's not let me down. And I will forever be gratful to him for the love of my life.
Spikeswife

Littleoneinaz
08-04-2004, 09:17 AM
Hey girl... Im glad to hear everything went well too!! I mean you cant get those people to tell you the WORST of things, and im telling you.... I would have have a panic attach my self !! SERIOUSLY! lol anyways im glad everything is ok! =)

JWSPMS
08-04-2004, 09:23 AM
Misty I guess your right about not being able to get them to tell us the worst espescially my man trying to kill himself. I guess they thought they could be held liable or some crazy crap like that. :) But yeah he's fine and apparently enjoying the cool A.C. of the hospital. And I'm sure I will here all about it. :D
Spikeswife

Dre's Lady
08-07-2004, 03:51 AM
SWEETIE, I'M SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT HE'S DOING OK. PANIC ATTACKS AREN'T FUN AT ALL.