View Full Version : Alabama Prison Visitation Rules (Old Info, Some Outdated, Some OK)

danielle
12-10-2002, 10:51 AM
Attached is a copy of visitation rules for Alabama's Kilby Correctional Facility in Mount Meigs. I am not sure about all facilities, but as for the 3 I have visited these rules have applied.

I tried to shrink this down so it would be readable but not just huge.

David
12-10-2002, 11:07 AM
Thanks Danielle! Great info!

Lysbeth
01-13-2003, 12:38 AM
OK, here's a visitation question(s) I know someone will have a theory on (Monica... LOL!). I just thought I'd post it publicly for the benefit of others with questions...

#1 - Tobacco. What's the DOC's general stance on visitors and cigarettes in facilities that have smoking areas? Can you bring, like, an unopened pack of smokes in with you?

#2 - Hair accessories. I have long hair and frequently wear it up with combs (plastic) and sometimes up in a ponytail with a claw clip (plastic, but of course has metal wire in the inside of it). Yea or nay?

I'm sure I'll think of others... I was going to wait to go visit B. around Valentine's Day but I'm getting the urge to get down there ASAP, so a January visit may happen. :)

L.

vlcoffman
01-13-2003, 07:50 PM
I can only tell you about fountain, holman and St. Clair. At both fountain and St. Clair you can not take cigarettes inside the prison. You can however purchase them once inside and they give... got that.. they give you a pack of matches. Holman you cannot smoke there during visitation. As for Hair the only thing I have found is if you want to pull your hair up you need to wear the clip in your hair , don't even think for one moment that you are gonna carry them in your hand. The other thing that I can suggest is go to walmart and purchase a clear cosmetic bag to keep your keys and change inside, if not a baggy will do just fine. At Holman for goodness sakes always wear a slip , or they will not let you in, and believe me its hell trying to find something open at 7am to purchase this item. I resorted to a thrift shop purchased a gown and asked for scissors and cut the dang thing off.... but i got my visit that day.

vicki

Lysbeth
01-13-2003, 08:06 PM
Vicki,

Thanks, you are a fount of good information! My guy's at Limestone... hopefully I will be able to double check with him RE the taking in or buying of smokes before then, they do have an outdoor area where smoking is OK so I know that part's OK. Very good advice about the hair clip, thanks MUCH!! Slip no problem - I rarely wear skirts/dresses anyway, it'll be pants/jeans for me. Thanks!!! This helps.

Oh! Another I've thought of! With it being wintertime - what about coats? It's so #$&% cold here right now I'll need my long flannel coat - will it be OK to wear in?

Thanks so much, very very helpful stuff here!

Lys

danielle
01-13-2003, 09:06 PM
I swear I posted an answer to your questions, but it disappeared! :)

Ok - cigarettes are not allowed to be brought in at Kilby and J. O. Davis, but are at Loxley.

Hair thingys are not allowed at Kilby but are at J. O. Davis and Loxley. I wouldn't risk it on the first visit.

The clear cosmetic bag is a wonderful idea - I got one around here somewhere. It's really handy. Have the quarters ready and I've seen people turned away because of not having a slip on. They happily do it.

I'm not sure about the coat - I've never worn one in.

Good luck and have a great visit!

Lysbeth
01-13-2003, 10:19 PM
More good stuff! Thank you ladies!

PS Monica I've been meaning to tell you for 24+ hours now - I love your new avatar!!! :)

L.

vlcoffman
01-14-2003, 09:32 PM
it's funny because Michael has been approved for a transfer to St. Clair. It has been six long years since I have been barred at Holman and haven't been able to see him. Well I have seen him twice with the DOC games that they play. We are hoping that when he gets to St. Clair that I will be able to get on his visitation list again. If this is the case this will be the first time in over 25 years that I will be able to sit and smoke a cigarette with him. Doesn't that sound so strange? I do know that each prison is so different here in Alabama there are no across the board rules and that really sucks. I would also suggest that you wear easy shoes to get on and off because you will be taking them off during pat down. Don't wear anything see through or too sexy or this could be a problem. Not sure about capri pants , some prisons allow them while others don't . I have always since the slip drama kept an extra set of clothes in my car just incase.

vicki

danielle
01-14-2003, 10:00 PM
Good luck on the visits vicki!! :D

Lysbeth
01-20-2003, 06:45 PM
Some more info for anyone interested RE Limestone Correctional Facility in Capshaw...

My boyfriend's mother has filled me in on some of the ins and outs of visitation at Limestone, basically most of the rules seem to be about the same as have been posted so far. I do now have a copy of Limestone's visitation schedule for 2003, once I've made the trip down there myself I will probably post that along with the more "official" info in the prison info section of PTO.

Visitation groups at Limestone are grouped by first letter of last name and divided into four groups: A-E, F-K, L-R and S-Z. Visitation times are Saturdays and Sundays with the first group that day being 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and the second group 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and they shift the letter groups around each weekend (i.e., L-R gets the 10:30-1:30 on Sunday 2/2, then 7-10 on Saturday 2/8, then 10:30-1:30 on Saturday 2/15, then 7-10 on Sunday 2/23 - you get the idea).

Anyway, here are her tips on visitation at Limestone (edited by me and from a female visitor's point of view, anyway):

VISITING: YOU WANT TO GET THERE ABOUT AN HOUR AHEAD IF POSSIBLE. HAVE PLENTY OF GAS IN CASE IT IS COLD AND YOU NEED TO RUN THE CAR TO KEEP WARM (THIS IS MOTHERLY ADVICE, NOT PRISON). YOU WILL PARK IN THE DRIVE WAY. BEFORE THEY LET CARS THRU THEY WILL GIVE YOU A NUMBER. THIS NUMBER IS HOW YOU WILL BE CALLED INTO THE BUILDING. AT THIS TIME THEY WILL ALSO ASK TO SEE YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE. THEY MAY ASK TO LOOK IN YOUR TRUNK AND GLOVE COMPARTMENT. THEY MAY ASK IF YOU HAVE ANY WEAPONS OR SOMETHING STUPID LIKE THAT. THEN AGAIN THEY MAY GIVE YOU THE NUMBER AND ASK NOTHING. YOU NEVER KNOW.

IF IT IS COLD WE JUST WAIT IN THE CAR AWHILE DEPENDING ON OUR NUMBER BEFORE WE GET OUT AND GET IN LINE. WHEN YOU DO GET IN FRONT OF THE GATE WAIT TILL YOU HEAR IT CLICK AND THEN PUSH IT OPEN. YOU CAN JUST ASK WHAT NUMBER PEOPLE HAVE AND GET IN LINE WHERE YOUR NUMBER FITS. TAKE COINS,NO PENNIES IN A ZIP LOCK BAG, YOUR CAR KEYS AND YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE IN WITH YOU, NOTHING ELSE OR THEY WILL MAKE YOU TAKE IT BACK TO YOUR CAR. YOU CAN WEAR A COAT IN. I THINK IF YOU WEAR A HAT OR GLOVES THEY MAKE YOU LEAVE THEM ON A TABLE WHERE YOU CHECK IN. THEY DON'T CHECK THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU TAKE IN. TAKE ABOUT $40 IN. THEY HAVE A MACHINE TO GET CHANGE IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT AHEAD OF TIME. AS SOON AS YOU GO TO THE DESK TO SIGN IN THEY WILL ASK FOR YOUR INMATE'S AIS NO. AND TAKE YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE AND CAR KEYS. WHEN THAT IS COMPLETED YOU WILL TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES AND PROCEED THRU THE METAL DETECTOR. YOU ALSO HAVE TO LAY YOUR COAT AND COINS ON A TABLE. AFTER YOU GO THROUGH THAT PICK UP YOUR THINGS AND YOU GO AS YOU ARE CALLED (MEANING MOTIONED) INTO A LITTLE ROOM. YOU HAVE TO LIFT YOU SHIRT A LITTLE AND SHAKE THE BOTTOM OF YOUR BRA; SHOW THEM THE WAIST BAND OF YOUR PANTIES AND THE BOTTOMS OF YOUR FEET. THIS A WOMAN GUARD. IT IS A REALLY VERY SIMPLE PROCEDURE. THEN YOU GO TO ANOTHER AUTOMATIC DOOR,ACTUALLY TWO,THE SECOND ONE WILL NOT OPEN UNTIL THE FIRST CLOSES. EITHER GET IN LINE FOR THE SNACK ITEMS AND WAIT FOR YOUR INMATE, OR HE MAY JUST WANT YOU TO GET A TABLE AND WAIT FOR HIM.

NO SWEAT SUITS OR JOGGING SUITS, NO WHITE SHIRTS. JEANS NOT SKIN TIGHT OR SLACKS, NOT LIGHT
TAN, SOMETIMES THEY SEND THOSE BACK SOMETIMES NOT, TENNIS SHOES AND A SHIRT OR SWEATER ARE SAFE.

YOU CAN SMOKE WHEN YOU ARE OUTSIDE STANDING IN LINE BUT YOU CANNOT TAKE CIGARETTES IN WITH YOU. SO I GUESS A CIGARETTE OR TWO IS ALL YOU WOULD WANT, SAME WITH MATCHES.

Lysbeth
02-20-2003, 12:59 AM
OK, I have another clothing-related question that Brian didn't know the answer to and I see in the Kilby rules above all it says is "visitors must wear shoes".

What about sandals or any open-toed shoes? Vicki or Monica will know the answer to this, I'll bet...

danielle
02-20-2003, 06:41 PM
I've seen people wear open toed shoes - even flip flops.

Lysbeth
02-20-2003, 07:04 PM
Woohoo! Thanks Monica! Looks like I will be able to wear my fave pair of Bass sandals after all :)

danielle
02-20-2003, 07:23 PM
I'd take a pair of "back-up" shoes, just in case! But, at Kilby I saw a woman wear flip flops in. At J. O. Davis I've seen the women wear those heels with capri pants. I mean big sandle type heels.

Thanks for the info on Limestone! :)

Lysbeth
02-20-2003, 07:34 PM
Oh! That reminds me, I wanted to add a couple of things here to the "hints & tips" about Limestone. Really the above stuff that his mom told me prepared me fully, but there was one thing in particular that threw me off and had me confused, plus something else I thought of (for anyone interested in visiting Limestone).

You do park in the driveway as she said, and they give you your number, but you wait there a pretty long time. Then about fifteen minutes before visitation time starts, they have all the cars go into the main parking lot in order. That had me a little confused while waiting, I thought we were going to have to walk from the driveway (a pretty long walk) to the gate, but no, eventually they send all the cars to the main visitors' parking lot.

Also, I'd recommend for anyone going to Limestone who wants to get the maximum amount of time possible for their visit to get there REALLY early. I got there about an hour and 45 minutes early but we'd have been able to probably squeeze in another ten or fifteen minutes of the visit if I'd gotten there earlier.

So my recommendation for Limestone is get there at least 2.5 hours before the visitation time starts... if you're on a 7-10 am visit, get there at 4:30 or 5, if you're on a 10:30-1:30 visit get there about 8.

That's really all I could add to the Limestone visiting info - his mom pretty much covered it well above!

bamagirl032
04-17-2003, 11:29 PM
My husband is at Hamilton Work Release and the dress code pretty much follows everybody elses codes. No shorts or short skirts for adults, no tank tops, no see-thru items.. You can wear sandals, because I did and it was not a problem. Visits are broken down by the 1st letter of your last name and they fall on every other Sunday from 10-2 according to your group. Smoking is NOT allowed even though you have your visit outside, unless of course it is cold or inclement weather. You are allowed to bring your purses in and change for the vending machine. No cameras or cell phones allowed. They did allow us to bring in a gameboy for our boys to play with, and by the way if you have small children this is an excellent form of entertainment for them! They do not search you or pat you down, they expect you to know the rules and follow them and they do watch thru the security cameras. You are not allowed to bring anything to the inmate, all of that has to be done when he first arrives and you are allowed to bring street clothes, food, and personal items. After the first time you are not allowed to bring anything else for them, because they have to purchase it when they go to the store.

Lysbeth
04-17-2003, 11:54 PM
Oh, I just remembered I probably ought to post that Limestone's visitation schedule has changed and goes into effect as of May 1st, 2003!

Visitation is being extended to 6 hours twice monthly, from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (they will start letting people in at 7:00 a.m.). Each alphabetical group will have two visitation periods per month, one on a Saturday and one on a Sunday. The four alphabetical groups remain the same: A-E, F-K, L-R and S-Z.

For example, L-R has visitation on Saturday, May 10th and Sunday, May 25th next month.

If you're looking to get in at the beginning of visitation I'd probably recommend getting in the driveway line around 6 a.m. I kind of doubt they are going to let people line up much before that but I'm going to get out there my next visit about 5 or 5:30 and see.

I'm sure some of the more local people are hating getting visitation cut back from four to two weekends per month, but for us out-of-state people with long drives the extending visits to six hours is a huge blessing...

danielle
04-18-2003, 07:23 AM
Wow! Loxley is a lot more layed back than Hamilton! I can bring personal items, additional clothes, tobacco, etc. to every visit and smoking is allowed during visits.

Visits at Loxley are every Sunday from 8-12 and you're not allowed to line up until 7:45 or you'll be asked to leave and not allowed to visit.

That's great news about Limestone's visits! :)

Lysbeth
05-13-2003, 07:14 PM
There's some upcoming changes at Limestone regarding visitation, going into effect June 1st. Not sure whether this is going to change things at any of the other prisons, but the $ part might be changing somewhat the same.

Beginning June 1st, prisoners are not going to be able to take any concessions back to housing with them after visitation, and visitors will be allowed to bring in no more than $30, in bills only. It will be counted before turned into coins.

Most of the vending machines are being removed and the facility itself will be selling most of the sandwiches/etc. that were previously available from the vending machines.

That's it for the changes, should add something regarding the new all-day schedule though - I hear there's no point in getting there early as they are no longer allowing early lineup in the driveway. They are letting people in at 7 a.m. so probably if you want to get in as early as possible, no point in arriving before 6:45 or possibly even a little closer to 7.

That's it on the Limestone front for now...

DeniseJJ
06-29-2003, 01:30 PM
I had a visit yesterday that was a "TRIP". My boyfriend its at Fountain Correction in Atmore. after i arrived at 7:00 (visit start at 8:00) they (the officers) came out to the parking lot with 3 K-9 dogs. they went in everyone's car, i had never seen that at Fountain before. One women left the parking area and went down the road where later i heard she was arrest with drugs. After the visist i noticed that the k-9's went inside the visising room and seacherd it. even though i don't use it made me very nervious.......anyway. My first thoughts were "when are they going to seach the guards"...so be careful from what i understand any time your on state proberty you are subject to a search of your auto, and self....

danielle
06-29-2003, 01:41 PM
They did that at Loxley once - a weekend that I wasn't visiting. Oh well! I guess if you play you pay.

Just wanted to update this - the drug dogs were at Loxley today, according to my husband. I don't know if there was any drama, but they pups were there!

kevsbabydoll30
10-18-2003, 12:57 PM
This may seem like a sill question.

Are you allowed to kiss on the lips at Limestone? I may get to see my baby next weekend and I haven't seen him since June, so I want a full mouth kiss! I don't want to lose my rights to visit though. I have never visited the prison before and I am paranoid. Can we hug the whole time? Can I chew gum? Do you have to wear socks? Thanks for any help you can give me.

E1950
10-18-2003, 07:10 PM
YOU ARE ALLOWED TO KISS WHEN YOU COME IN AND WHEN YOU LEAVE. UNLESS YOU GET CARRIED AWAY, YOU USUALLY CAN GET IN A KISS OR TWO DURING THE VISIT. YOU CAN HAVE YOUR ARMS AROUND EACH OTHER, BUT YOUR HANDS HAVE TO BE VISIBLE. YOU CAN WALK AROUND INSIDE OR OUTSIDE ON THE PATIO. YOU HAVE TO SMOKE OUTSIDE WHERE THEY HAVE PICNIC TABLES AND BENCHES. YOU CAN HOLD HANDS THE WHOLE VISIT. YOU CAN NOT CHEW GUM. YOU DON'T HAVE TO WEAR SOCKS. YOU CAN ONLY TAKE IN 30.00. I TAKE IN BILLS AND CHANGE THEM IN THE MONEY CHANGER. THEY WILL ASK YOU HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE, BUT SO FAR HAVEN'T COUNTED IT. YOU TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES AND WALK THROUGH A METAL DETECTOR. THEN ON TO A LITTLE ROOM TO BE SEARCHED. THAT DOESN'T CONSIST OF TOO MUCH THOUGH. WHEN YOU FIRST GET THERE YOU WILL NEED TO STOP AT THE FIRST GUARD STATION WHERE THE C/O WILL HAVE YOU SIGN IN AND GIVE YOU A NUMBER. HE WILL CHECK YOUR TRUNK AND WRITE DOWN YOUR TAG NUMBER. I USUALLY GET THERE AROUND 6:30, AND GET IN LINE IN MY CAR. THEY START LETTING US IN AT 7:00, BUT THE INMATES DOESN'T COME OUT TILL 7:30. USUALLY I'M INSIDE ABOUT 10 MINS. BEFORE MY HUSBAND COMES OUT. THE INMATES CAN NOT HANDLE MONEY, BUT THEY CAN GO WITH YOU TO THE MACHINES AND MICROWAVES. MAYBE THIS WILL HELP MAKE YOUR FIRST VISIT THERE GO SMOOTHER. IF I CAN HELP YOU ANY LET ME KNOW... GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY VISIT...SUE

vlcoffman
10-19-2003, 01:55 AM
Michael told me tonight that only your wedding ring can be worn in at Holman . No watch, earrings. Also that if the children are not your own they can no long come into holman.

vicki

mack855
11-30-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by DeniseJ
I had a visit yesterday that was a "TRIP". My boyfriend its at Fountain Correction in Atmore. after i arrived at 7:00 (visit start at 8:00) they (the officers) came out to the parking lot with 3 K-9 dogs. they went in everyone's car, i had never seen that at Fountain before. One women left the parking area and went down the road where later i heard she was arrest with drugs. After the visist i noticed that the k-9's went inside the visising room and seacherd it. even though i don't use it made me very nervious.......anyway. My first thoughts were "when are they going to seach the guards"...so be careful from what i understand any time your on state proberty you are subject to a search of your auto, and self.... my wife went to tennessee prison to visit and they searched car found three cans of beer in trunk.3hundred and fifty bond out and almost eight hundred in court cost fines later she was free.she also lost visiting rights for bringing on state land.she didnot know it was there. so beware

DeniseJJ
12-01-2003, 08:53 AM
WOW...I hate to hear that Mack...what a bummer....

I have made it a habit to DOUBLE CHECK my car before i go visit these days, with two teenage sons who in the hell know what they might leave in my car.....ahahah

DeniseJ

Mikesbaby
12-28-2003, 07:26 PM
OK I havent done this before but here we go anyway. My baby is going to kilby and I have never been to a state corrections facillity. Do they have set hours or days for everyone to come visit or will I just have to wait until he gets visitation to know the answers to that kind of thing.

GSPack
12-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Welcome to PTO Mikesbaby. I am not too sure about visitation at Kilby(someone will surely post an answer to that soon), I do kniow that the inmate must submit a visitor/phone number(for outgoing calls) and money order list as soon as they get into classification area. Kilby is a holding center for most prisoners that will be sent on to another prison so I think that you will have to wait untilhe is sent to another prison, maybe not. He is going to need you personal information such as your social security number, date of birth, and drivers license number and of course phone # to put you on his list asap. You might want to have this handy by the phone if he has not already called you from there and asked you for this information. Be sure you get his AIS# as you will need this for letters and for any US POSTAL MONEY ORDERS(purchased from any post office) you send him to put $ on his "books". I hope this helps and good luck.

Again Welcome to PTO!

GSPack

trace1510
03-04-2004, 01:47 PM
I have a good friend that is in Limestone right now. I have a question, how long will it take to get visitation?

ms_p62
03-29-2004, 01:56 AM
Hi my love is currently in fountain and I wantd to get some info on the prison and its rulesI can only tell you about fountain, holman and St. Clair. At both fountain and St. Clair you can not take cigarettes inside the prison. You can however purchase them once inside and they give... got that.. they give you a pack of matches. Holman you cannot smoke there during visitation. As for Hair the only thing I have found is if you want to pull your hair up you need to wear the clip in your hair , don't even think for one moment that you are gonna carry them in your hand. The other thing that I can suggest is go to walmart and purchase a clear cosmetic bag to keep your keys and change inside, if not a baggy will do just fine. At Holman for goodness sakes always wear a slip , or they will not let you in, and believe me its hell trying to find something open at 7am to purchase this item. I resorted to a thrift shop purchased a gown and asked for scissors and cut the dang thing off.... but i got my visit that day.

vicki

ms_p62
03-29-2004, 02:00 AM
hi my boyfriend is in Fountain can you give me any info also are you from b'ham Al because I need a ride somtimes my boyfriends last name is Hampton thanksI had a visit yesterday that was a "TRIP". My boyfriend its at Fountain Correction in Atmore. after i arrived at 7:00 (visit start at 8:00) they (the officers) came out to the parking lot with 3 K-9 dogs. they went in everyone's car, i had never seen that at Fountain before. One women left the parking area and went down the road where later i heard she was arrest with drugs. After the visist i noticed that the k-9's went inside the visising room and seacherd it. even though i don't use it made me very nervious.......anyway. My first thoughts were "when are they going to seach the guards"...so be careful from what i understand any time your on state proberty you are subject to a search of your auto, and self....

DeniseJJ
03-29-2004, 10:44 AM
sorry, Ms P62

I am in B'ham and Kenny WAS at Fountain. He is now at Bibb Correctional in Brent. But I will tell you that their was one Man that came to visit very week that i did that road a Grey Hound buss down there. It seems like the bus stopped really close to the prison...good luck, sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Maybe your boyfriend could ask around and see if anyone inside had someone that you could ride with...just a thought...

DeniseJ

E1950
05-08-2004, 08:26 PM
restrooms on the visiting yard at Limestone are closed as of last week. visitors must go to the front lobby to use the bathroom and get searched before going back to the visiting yard.
sue

Lysbeth
05-13-2004, 09:49 PM
restrooms on the visiting yard at Limestone are closed as of last week. visitors must go to the front lobby to use the bathroom and get searched before going back to the visiting yard.
sue

Urgh, that is horrible. We had to do that at Tallahatchie and that was the BIGGEST pain in the neck and the only thing that really sucked about visitation there (except you didn't have to get searched again). If we ever make it back to Limestone I reckon I'll go back to how I was before I realized there were bathrooms in the visiting yard (took me two months to come to that realization - duh!) and try NOT to have to go ever... :shake:

Perrier
05-18-2004, 07:44 AM
Visitation Rules for Holman Correctional Facility (Death Row) are as listed:

ALABAMA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
W.C.HOLMAN CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
VISITATION AND ORIENTATION SHEET
FOR VISITORS AND INMATES

All visitors must dress in a modest manner. Visiting rules are subject to change without prior notice. Visitors may be asked to leave if they, or the inmate they are visiting fail to abide by the visitation rules established. Your cooperation is expected and appreciated.

Adults (Male/Female)
All adult visitors may enter the visitation lobby with $20.00 in change in a clear plastic bag, car keys and a baby bag.
Mothers/Fathers with babies will be allowed no more than four (4) disposable diapers and one (1) will be changed during the initial search. One (1) blanket and two (2) plastic bottles will be allowed on the visiting yard.
No green money will be allowed. Visitors will not be allowed to leave money for or give money to an inmate. All money for inmates must be mailed in the form of an authorized money order.
No hats, caps, scarves, headbands, sunglasses (except prescription) no wigs (except prescribed by a doctor or with the approval of the Warden), no jewelry (except wedding set/bands) and no medication (except life sustaining medication from a doctor) will be allowed.

Children

If a child is five (5) years old or younger, he/she is allowed to wear shorts. Shorts must be knee length or longer.

Male (Adults and Children)

No white clothing allowed. Any light colored clothing that appears to look white will not be allowed.
Shirts – no tank tops, muscle shirts, or sleeveless shirts are allowed.
Trousers – No shorts (except children 5 years and under), or tight fitting trousers with elastic type fabrics are allowed. All trousers must be at least ankle length.
Shoes – House shoes, shower shoes, or beach shoes will be not allowed. Shoes of these types will not be allowed to enter the institution.
Must wear undergarments (boxers or briefs).
No jogging or athletic type clothing (top or bottom) are permitted.
No scrub type garments are allowed.

Female (Adult and Children)

No white clothing allowed. Any light colored clothing that appears to look white will not be allowed.
All dresses and skirts must be knee length or longer. Splits must be knee length or lower.
No button ups, no wrap around or sheer see-through fabric dresses or skirts will be allowed.
No sundresses are allowed. (except with a dark colored shirt underneath, no whites allowed).
All blouses and shirts must be long enough to cover the waist and chest area.
No sheer see-through blouses and sleeveless tops will be allowed.
No tank tops, halter-tops, or low–cut blouses, or shirts will be allowed.
No shorts or stretch pants will be allowed.
No sheer, see-through pants will be allowed.
No tight fitting clothes with elastic type fabric will be allowed.
Must wear a complete set of undergarments, (pantyhose do not take the place of panties).
No scrub type clothing will be allowed.
No jogging or athletic type clothing (top or bottom) is permitted.
Capri pants must be calf length.

Inmates may list eight persons on his visiting list. Visitors may include immediate family members, i.e. parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, spouse, children, grandchildren, father-in-law and mother-in-law. Married male inmates are allowed one male friend. Unmarried male inmates are allowed one male friend and one female friend. All visitors must be at least 19 years of age or older to be included on the visitor’s list.

All visitors are subject to search and if 16 or older, must provide photo identification issued by a federal, state or local government agency.

Special visits must be requested by the inmate. Special visit request should reach the Assistant Warden at least three (3) weeks in advance. Approved special visits are not guaranteed for full six (6) hour visit.
W.C. Holman Visitation and Orientation Sheet

DeniseJJ
05-18-2004, 07:54 AM
Thanks Perrier...thats great info....DeniseJ

Welcome to PTO, i can already tell you are going to be great around here!!!

Perrier
05-19-2004, 08:37 AM
Thank you Denise,

I look forward to participating, contributing and meeting others with similar needs, and interests. :)

Thanks Perrier...thats great info....DeniseJ

Welcome to PTO, i can already tell you are going to be great around here!!!

Allen's Mom 2
05-28-2004, 10:49 PM
My Son has been moved to Bullock Work Release Camp and the Visitation Rules as of June 1, 2004 ARE.

1. All visitors will be searched prior to visitation. Absolutely no cell phone or pagers will be allowed in the institution.

2. Keys and current identification will be turned in to the visitation officer. Persons visiting on identification cards will not be allowed to drive/park on state property.

3. Visitors are allowed to bring in a maximum of thirty ($30) dollars per inmate. No bills higher than a Five ($5) will be allowed in. Absolutely no money will e left with the inmate.

4. All valuables should be secured in the trunk of your car before entering the facility.” This facility will not be held responsible for valuables left unsecured".

5. Visitors sixteen (16) years of age of older must have current picture identification (ID) card and accompanied by and adult.

6. Visitors bringing unauthorized items in to the institution will be asked to secure the items processed or are asked to leave state property - depending on the item.

7. Once a visitor has completed their visit for the day, they will not vet allowed to re-enter the facility for another visit and must depart the state property immediately.

8. No visitor will be allowed to enter the institution while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Local law enforcement will be summoned for disruptive visitors.

9. If a visitor is dropped off, they must ensure their ride return by 1:00 P.M. they will not be allowed to stay pass the time.

10. Visitor on medication, except visitors taking heart medication (Nitroglycerin) will be asked to leave their medication in their car. Medication must be taken before or after visitation.

11. Hugging or kissing will only be allowed upon entering and departing the visitation yard.

12. Items not normally allowed in the institution, but necessary to the visitor for medical reasons (I.E. clothing, shoes, wigs, hair pieces) Will be allowed upon presentation of a doctor's statement, or a letter of approval signed by the Warden or the Warden's designee.

13.Clothing must be in good taste- no sleeveless clothing’s, shorts, tight fitting, tank-tops or halter tops, sundresses, mini skirts, split skirts or dresses above the knee, skorts, culottes, sheer/see through clothing or low cut clothing will be allowed. Armpits will be covered. Capri pants will be on higher then 3" above the ankle.

14. There will be on loitering, standing or sitting in you vehicle for any reason.

15. Food item must be kept to a minimum and must be contained in clear plastic containers. Absolutely no coolers, Drinks will be purchased form the canteen area. No food items will be left to the inmates.

:angry: {The only problem I have is getting drinks while your visiting. The officer goes and gets them he might wait 2 hrs or longer before asking if anyone if they needs a drink.} And they are can drinks and, if you get 2 it get hot cause your in a trailer with no air. I ask if I could bring my own water and they told me no you have to get it out of the machine but they do not put water in the machine. They are very rude people. :angry:

daddysgirl27
06-03-2004, 09:23 PM
I have a question about kilby we are going down this sun suppose to if my brother can get his head out his girlfriends butt hehe but anyway I am taking my 2 little ones my dad has not seen my son since he was born cause he was at miss. and now back here so he will be seeing him for the first time. What can I take in with me.as far as a carrier to carry him instead of holding him the whole entire time and can they wear sandals any particular things that they cant wear. How many diapers and wipes and what about bottles and my little girls food and juice?? I have a freezer bag but dont know if I can take it in dont want her juice getting hot I hope someone knows

hugs
Jamie

MrsWest11
06-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Does anybody have any info on visitation (or dress code) for Red Eagle Honor Farm? Like what all you can take and stuff?? Just wondering!!
Thanks,
Selena

DeniseJJ
06-07-2004, 09:07 AM
Daddysgirl....first of all, I hope you have a great visit with your dad. I know he will be delighted to see the baby.

Back when I visited Kilby,,which was well over 3 years ago, NO CARRIERS, you must hold baby all the time but they were ok with diapers, bottles, etc as long as they where in a clear bag....

Have fun...DJ

Dixie_sweetie
06-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Does anyone have to visition rules on Decatur Work Release?? And the dress code and any helpful info for visits there. Thank you so much
Hugs,
brandi

LlywellynsBaby
07-18-2004, 07:08 AM
I am wanting to go see my boyfriend at Limestone and I am planning on driving but I do not have a drivers license it is suspended at the time but I have an ID do you think they will still let me through or do they just check to see if the ID is me???

E1950
07-18-2004, 07:39 AM
sometime's the c/o will ask to see your driver's license at the first stop. if you are driving without a valid license they will turn you around there. if you make it to the front desk and don't have a valid license they will turn you away but may ask that you get someone to drive you off state property. I know of a situation that just happened where a ladies license had expired for a few day's and she had to be escorted off the property because they wouldn't allow her to drive herself off, she also did not get a visit. they have a sign posted that you must have a valid license to drive on state property. I'm not sure of any other forms of ID . you may want to call Limestone and ask what forms of ID is acceptable. just don't drive yourself on to the property without a valid license because they will make life miseriable for you.
hope this helps
sue

cember
07-18-2004, 08:28 AM
i did notice a new sign that said you needed to have a current driver license when i visited last week, they must have put that up after the incident sue mentioned.

LlywellynsBaby
07-19-2004, 06:34 AM
Thanks you guys!!!I will have to call and see I have not had to deal with Limestone and visiting there yet so didn't know so THANKS again!!

ambersheree
07-20-2004, 07:50 PM
I have a question. My boyfriend is going to be going up to Kilby any day now. How long do we have to wait to see each other again. Also, I have read some where that he is only allowed to put 1 female on his list. We have a son together so I would be bring him to see his daddy maybe. But he also has 2 other children by 2 different girls. Will we be allowed to see him since we will be bring our kids to see him?
Thanks,
Amber

cember
07-21-2004, 08:10 PM
hi amber. once he gets to kilby he'll set up his visitation list. it takes a few weeks before that's approved and people can actually visit. and yes, he is only allowed one female. if he is married he isnt allowed any woman besides his wife. maybe his mother or a direct family member can bring his other kids to see him or something? welcome to pto by the way!

~AmariJ~
07-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Does anyone know anything about visitation at Staton Correctional Facility in Elmore.

dixie52
08-24-2004, 10:26 AM
Vicki,

My husband is at Limestone also. As for tohe coats. We use to could carry them in with us and now it is something without a lining in it. If it has a lining they will make you leave it outside in the lobby.

As for smokes, cannot bring anything in but you do get free matches. Cigs. are $4.50 a pack also.

Hairclips I have worn in and unless they set the metal detector off your ok. I've worn several things and it doesn't go off and then the next time it might. Just depends on how sensitive they have it set. Every visit is different. One time you cando somethign and then the next they won't let you. I always have a second set of clothes in my car just in case. So far I've not been bothered though. When they change workers out on the front desk is when you usually run into some kind of snag.

Vicki,

Thanks, you are a fount of good information! My guy's at Limestone... hopefully I will be able to double check with him RE the taking in or buying of smokes before then, they do have an outdoor area where smoking is OK so I know that part's OK. Very good advice about the hair clip, thanks MUCH!! Slip no problem - I rarely wear skirts/dresses anyway, it'll be pants/jeans for me. Thanks!!! This helps.

Oh! Another I've thought of! With it being wintertime - what about coats? It's so #$&% cold here right now I'll need my long flannel coat - will it be OK to wear in?

Thanks so much, very very helpful stuff here!

Lys

Vells1&only
05-30-2005, 04:59 PM
OK, here's a visitation question(s) I know someone will have a theory on (Monica... LOL!). I just thought I'd post it publicly for the benefit of others with questions...

#1 - Tobacco. What's the DOC's general stance on visitors and cigarettes in facilities that have smoking areas? Can you bring, like, an unopened pack of smokes in with you?

#2 - Hair accessories. I have long hair and frequently wear it up with combs (plastic) and sometimes up in a ponytail with a claw clip (plastic, but of course has metal wire in the inside of it). Yea or nay?

I'm sure I'll think of others... I was going to wait to go visit B. around Valentine's Day but I'm getting the urge to get down there ASAP, so a January visit may happen. :)

L.

Vells1&only
05-30-2005, 05:01 PM
My husband is @ Fountain in Atmore, I can only answer for there.....

#1 is a definite NO and #2 is OK

stickvb
06-29-2005, 06:37 PM
I will be traveling a long distance in december to visit my boyfriend in Bibb Co. Correctional Facility. I dont want to wear the wrong thing and get asked to leave? would a long, dark blue velvet dress but form fitting and a bodysuit underneath be alright?

Lysbeth
06-30-2005, 11:53 AM
I will be traveling a long distance in december to visit my boyfriend in Bibb Co. Correctional Facility. I dont want to wear the wrong thing and get asked to leave? would a long, dark blue velvet dress but form fitting and a bodysuit underneath be alright?

It should be, just make sure anytime you wear a dress or skirt you have a slip on underneath. They WILL check.

stickvb
06-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks Lysbeth i appreciate it.I feel better now how about if the body suit has soft underwires

Lysbeth
07-07-2005, 03:35 AM
Thanks Lysbeth i appreciate it.I feel better now how about if the body suit has soft underwires

I've never had any problem with underwire bras (all of mine are) so I imagine that would probably be OK...

stickvb
07-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks so much for all your help lysbeth. i feel alot better because I havent seen my boyfriend in 4 months and it is going to be so special event when I see him in DEcember, so I want to look special for him. Is your man at Bibb C.F. too? From what ive read its not a very good place to visit. Can you fill me in on how it goes there when you go to visit. What is the procedure? Are the Guards nice? Can you hug and kiss? Sorry so many questions Im just getting anxious and curious. Thanks

DeniseJJ
07-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Lysbeth husband itsn't at bibb, but mine is..LOL...

Procedures: visit begin at 8:00 am, and family member begin lining up around 7:00. When you walk in you will notice two money machines on each side of the room. You must purchas a "debit card" from this machine. (you only have to buy the one and bring it back with you next time) You add money to the card at the same machine. The vending machines take these cards. So take paper money, not coins. Also there is a another CO sitting there that will ofter to sell you photos for three dollars each.

ok, after all that you walk thru a door thing and into the room to be searcher, the whole thing doesn't take but a few mints, they make you shack out your bra and then check your shoes, (you have to take off shoes and socks) normal they don't check my panties but they have checked a time or two to make sure i had them on.

then you take a little walk to the visitation room (thru two gates that they buzz you thur) at this time they will call for him.

once you get inside there's a door on the back wall to your left and he will come thur that door, have a sit and just wait.

the food is so-so, they have ice cream too. the biggest problem is no tables, you eat out of you lap, its a really pain, but we manage.

The C.O. for the most part are OK, not really nice but they've not been bad either. just so-so

Kiss & Huggs are ok, when he first comes out and when you are leaving, but your not allowed to during the visit it self, but we manage to get in quite a few anyway, and we havent had any trouble.

The room gets pretty crowded and there has been a couple of times that they've made the ones that came earlier leave, which when it get really crowded like that i don't mind.

just take it easy and enjoy yourself.

P.S. No flip flops but sandels are ok, I always take a change of clothes and shoes just in case...

teamrenfroe-1
07-07-2005, 06:48 PM
My hubby is at Bibb too, and the getting searched part to me is the biggest hassle. Seems like depending on the guard, depends on what type of sandals are appropriate too. If you wear sandals they have to have a heal on them is what I was told last time...???? luckily I brought my tennis shoes with me, and when the guard asked me if I had any other shoes in the car, and I said "yes" she seemed disappointed. O well, other than that, I really havent had any problems, just dont wear white, and no light colored clothing, ya know that you can see your bra or panties through...ie pastels etc. no cleavage showing, no tight fitting pants, like yoga pants, stretch pants etc. Only take 1 key in..your car key. They will make you get out of line and take your other keys back to your car. If you have any children, you must be the parent and have their bith certificate every time and sign a waiver everytime. The money limit on the "debit card" is $40 but I did manage to get $44 on it last time. I had $14 on it and didnt notice so I put my $10 on and then my $20, but 1 time before I did it the other way, but whatever my balance was after I put my $ in first it was $37 and I tried to put in a $5 and it wouldnt let me. So I had to take the money back to the car.
Enjoy your visit, and be careful on the road...there is usually a cop on the country road so watch your speed once you get off the interstate.
let us know how it goes.
Blessed Be.
:grouphug:

stickvb
07-10-2005, 05:06 AM
Thanks so much for the info . Im so thankful that PTO is here and I get to meet all you nice people in the same position as me? Im from Vermont so I am just getting anxious and hope everything goes alright. I miss him so much and cant wait to see him but it wont be till December so Ill let you know then. My first time at prison so I know I am going to be very nervous. I hope the guards are all in a good mood that day (haha). Take care and have a good visit with your honey.

withoutaclue
07-27-2005, 07:15 AM
I talked to my son last night and he has finished the Kilby med/psych evaluations and is waiting for his classification. He's thinking he may leaving for Ventress (?)this week. I was unable to read the sticky about DOC visitation rules and am wondering if he will be allowed visitors and at what point at Ventress if he goes there. Any info is much appreciated. On another note - I think it's funny that I tell him what I learned here and he always says "Mom I don't think that's entirely correct" and then low and behold you ladies have been right on the money and his fellow prisoners have been so off base!
"Hope springs eternal"

DeniseJJ
07-27-2005, 11:32 AM
without, don't count on ventress being his location until he is really there, the classification people dont seem to know where they are sending them, (or at least they don't tell the inmate, security reasons i'm sure) any ways,

I was on here for a couple of weeks when i told kenny about my new found love and he wasn't so happy about me being on PTO, thought we sitting around talking about our husbands/boyfriends/sons badly or something, but these days he ask me whats going on...LOL...MEN I SWEAR....