View Full Version : 1st violation lands him close to 30 days in jail for new charge

dipadm
07-16-2017, 12:36 PM
How do you hold on when all hope seems to be leaving. This system seems to be messed. First time parole violation lands him close to 30 days in jail for a new charge. That charged he was released on a por. what are his odd hes out next court date. Im scared

IzzyLouWho
07-16-2017, 02:56 PM
I am so sorry you are going through this. If I might, what state are you in? That might be of assistance in getting you some answers.

dipadm
07-16-2017, 03:00 PM
I am in mass

IzzyLouWho
07-16-2017, 03:00 PM
Thank you.

patchouli
07-16-2017, 04:36 PM
How do you hold on when all hope seems to be leaving. This system seems to be messed. First time parole violation lands him close to 30 days in jail for a new charge. That charged he was released on a por. what are his odd hes out next court date. Im scared

If Probation & Parole gave him 30 days for violating, he'll do that 30 days. I'm guessing that's a sanction, which is far better than being revoked. Is he on parole or probation?

Even though its his first violation, if he also has new charges, there may be more than one violation associated with this "first time violation."

Welcome to PTO :)

dipadm
07-16-2017, 04:58 PM
He's on probation paid all his fines, took the classes. The other charges they court released him on Por, there misdemeanors. I just want to know the chances of him getting out this week

patchouli
07-16-2017, 05:29 PM
He's on probation paid all his fines, took the classes. The other charges they court released him on Por, there misdemeanors. I just want to know the chances of him getting out this week

Released on por? or ror?

He won't be released until the date the PO already set. The time he's doing isn't court mandated, its PO mandated.

CenTexLyn
07-16-2017, 06:17 PM
New charges means new arrest which seems to mean new criminal conduct...and if so, it is difficult to claim the SYSTEM is messed up. And if there were new criminal charges, then 30 days is a gift. As noted, it certainly also beats the hell out of a revocation of the present period of supervision...