View Full Version : Questions about programs, email at Bryan Will be SS soon.

EvAj15
06-18-2017, 03:07 PM
I heard they offer cosmetology school there at bryan? What other forms of communication is there besides phone. Email?

fbopnomore
06-19-2017, 10:45 AM
Welcome to Prison Talk. The other ways to communicate in federal prisons are visits and letters.

Here is the bop web page for the minimum security camp at Bryan.
https://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/bry/

jesdarkos
06-24-2017, 01:32 PM
My mom is an inmate at Bryan and says that they've recently lost funding for the horticulture class and is afraid they are going to start shutting things down around there. Is this anything they anyone has heard of? How do we find info on that?

fbopnomore
06-24-2017, 03:39 PM
Welcome to Prison Talk. Your Mom may be able to find out from the CO who runs the program now. Unfortunately many (most?) bop inmate training programs have been discontinued, system wide, for years.

TexMom2013
08-10-2017, 03:23 PM
When I was there Corrlinks offered email and a video chat service. Both are paid for by inmates. I did both the video and telephone as well as email. The video didn't count against my 300 phone minutes so I was on video as much as I was allowed. I think it was 4 or 5 days a week for the video.
I was able to do horticulture. The cosmo program just got started up again after various issues. There was also classes offered through Blinn College.