View Full Version : I'm on parole, is husband allowed to have alcohol in the house?

rolandb904
06-15-2017, 09:44 PM
I am a parolee, been out 6 years now. I am recently married and my husband wants to know if he is allowed to have alcohol in the house. He understands that I am not allowed to be in possession of alcohol and that I cannot drink. He doesn't want to go out to drink but wants to do so at home. Is this allowed? Normally, I would ask my PO as he is pretty decent but I am trying to avoid the appearance that I am looking to drink.

patchouli
06-16-2017, 07:34 AM
No....even having a beer in fridge is enough to violate YOU. And trust me, the PO can look in your fridge whenever s/he wants to, and they surely will if they come by your house and he's drinking / drunk.

Welcome to PTO :)

yourself
06-16-2017, 09:44 AM
the cautious person would look at the rule this way - if you have the ability to get at the alcohol, you can be viewed to be in constructive possession. If you're in constructive possession, you are in possession and can be violated. Talk with your PO about this and how to handle your LO's desire to have a drink at home. S/He may have a suggestion that would fit the needs of your LO and your parole, or a way to talk about it with your LO so that he doesn't come wandering home with a 6 pack some day when he's pissed at you and your restrictions and decides that nobody's going to tell him what he can and cannot do in his own home. Best to have those conversations now, so you know what to do.

cljinct
06-16-2017, 05:15 PM
In Ct you are not allowed to have it in the house the paroled is living in