View Full Version : Self Surrendering to Bryan Federal Camp in a week

Ga1011
02-17-2017, 09:57 PM
Hi, I'm self surrendering in a week. I asked for the earliest time to surrender so I can serve my time and get back to my small child. I was sentenced to 15 months. I know I will serve 85% of the time. My attorney advised me of halfway houses and home confinement. I have some questions for anyone who has been to this facility on the daily life, activities, jobs, safety and release time. If you would like to message me, I would greatly appreciate it, Thank you.

Minor activist
02-18-2017, 02:00 AM
One activity is knitting hats for children with heart disease. There was a news article about it. It has Unicor jobs but if I understand how that works you won't be there long enough to get one.

The sexual abuse cases were all from 2014 so that problem may be over and done with, especially since everyone still working there has seen that the abusers got prison time. As of the 2015 PREA audit, the inmates interviewed said they felt safe there, and all the checklist items were met or exceeded.

The Admission and Orientation handbook is online, but you've probably found it already and are looking for something beyond the official information.

The Wikipedia article refers to a magazine article which was based on -- you guessed it -- firsthand accounts from here on Prisontalk.

With any luck someone who has been there will come along and give you better answers.

fbopnomore
02-18-2017, 05:58 AM
Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you get answers from folks who are familiar with Bryan. There is a 37 page PTO sticky about all minimum security camps for women here.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50568&page=37

Ga1011
02-18-2017, 08:42 AM
Yes, I've already looked over the handbook. I was looking more for information from a personal perspective from someone who has been to Bryan about sleeping arrangements, daily life, activities, the atmosphere with so many females together etc. My attorney advised me that all his clients have all spent their last 6 months in halfway houses or home confinement due to the their personal circumstances, nature of the offense and your behavior in the camp.